• Pros

• "It is very easy to install and share the meeting links with other participants. The sounds quality is good and video is sufficient"

• "Software is great, the recent upgrade is fantastic, easy to use and will encourage my staff and guests to use it more."

• "When working, the quality is amazing. I like that so many aspects are controllable through remotely."

• Cons

• "Nothing to say! It is perfectly in line with what we were looking for. In my opinion, the mobile interface should be improved."

• "Cloud features are reliable but limited. Dial in features some times get delays. Presentation screen arrangement could be better."

• "Not a lot to dislike. Would be nice if the cameras were a little more agile and could move around the room more."

Browse Lifesize Reviews

Miguel from DIMECA

Great hardware and a simple UI

We managed to have meetings right away without hesitation , this give us tremendus abilities to adapt our business to make changes on the fly and keeps all the team on the same page.

Pros

These are very simple to use, anyone can just sit in front of a codec and make a video call with just a couple of touch on the touch screen and there you go on an active call with any peer

Cons

they are quite expensive hardware, but they worth it, as they are very robust. we have already purchased 7 codecs from models icon 400 and 600 units witch by the way they have the option to have 2 screens at the time.

Travis from Swagelok Northwest (US)

Industry: Industrial Automation

Overall, Lifesize provides a robust, high-quality enterprise video conferencing experience.

Pros

Lifesize does a great job integrating video from just about every platform imaginable, including Windows, Android, iOS and MacOS, dedicated hardware, and browser-based access. Lifesize also provides a better video conferencing experience than some of its competitors by having a people-first approach by better utilizing and maximizing available screen real estate, regardless of what kind of device you are calling in from. The video quality from Lifesize systems is generally higher-quality and more stable than offerings such as Skype, assuming you have a decent connection.

Cons

The Windows client taxes even well-power laptops, especially when the user is presenting content, leading to poor performance of the app from time to time. It would also be nice to see the chat functionality gain some maturity in terms of feature set, such as support for rich text, images, etc. If the chat functionality was stronger, we wouldn't need to use Slack in addition to Lifesize. Similarly, we have recently started using the streaming functionality in Lifesize for hosting webinars with customers. While it is a nice value-add and is super affordable for what you get, it again lacks some functionality and polish compared to more mature options.

Gwen from Cogent, Inc.

Great Video Conf. System

Our overall experience with Lifesize is positive - we are able to utilize it for large company-wide meetings and are able to use it for one on one meetings (even while working from home). Our employees use this system daily and it works just great (even in 2020).

Pros

Lifesize is our current video-conferencing system. Employees are able to use it on a daily basis (if needed) and not only have access when in a conference room, but are able to have the app., and therefore able to either host or call into meetings from their phone. It's a very easy system to use, and sharing your screen (presenting) during a meeting is easy.

Cons

There isn't anything we don't like about this system. It has been a lifesaver during Covid, and all of our employees are able to use it with ease.

Average video calling software

While Lifesize isn't perfect, it meets the majority of needs for video conferencing. It also receives regular updates which notably increase performance and ease-of-use. Overall, a good system.

Pros

When it works, it works very well for the basic need of video calling. Person to person calling is very easy and as long as the internet connection is strong, there is little buffering. Picture and audio is clear. Interface on both desktop and mobile are fairly straight forward but you're left with a sense that you could be using the applications much more effectively. If set up for Room Systems, calling into a conference room is straightforward and works pretty well with the Lifesize physical hardware.

Cons

Managing "Meetings" (meeting rooms) can be a through the interface. If not actively managed, Meetings can quickly pile up and you're left with a list of dozens or hundreds of inactive rooms that will not be deleted. This creates clutter and forces the need to actively manage it. Meetings are also identified by both the name as well as an ID. Problem is you can't search by the ID to find the room, although that is often what is referenced by users trying to call in or if they were invited via email. The hardware, while mostly good, suffers from a slow interface and an extremely long reboot time. If a problem is occurring and a reboot of the device is needed, count on spending 3-5 minutes waiting for it to initialize.

Jason from Arvada PD

Industry: Law Enforcement

Must need in today’s world

We have four community stations so we use this every day for briefing and debriefing. We also regularly hold meetings which is a lifesaver for those who work swing and graveyard shifts.

Pros

The life-size equipment itself is relatively easy to use. We are able to speak with officers based out of other stations virtually instead of requiring an in-person meeting.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to set up zoom or Microsoft teams meets with the life-size equipment. Same goes for Google meets.

Full-featured Video Conferencing Solution

This is a solid video conferencing solution. We had gotten frustrated with the ever increasing costs associated with our previous Polycom solution. We made the switch over 3 years ago and have not regretted it once.

Pros

Lifesize has very good endpoint equipment for your conference rooms, and has client software for all computers and mobile devices. They are simple to use, even for our tech challenged executives. We have found their Lifesize Cloud service to be a stable and reliable bridge platform. It also integrates well with Skype for Business.

Cons

For those who don't want to install the full Lifesize client software, they only have web app support via Google Chrome. This can be a limiting factor when inviting others to your meetings. I hope Lifesize will expand their web app support to other browsers.

Best VC software with great quality and user friendly interface. Cloud vases setup also.

User friendly VC capabilities for remote users and meetings with branch offices.

Pros

Cloud based setup and administration. Reliable hi quality video with ability to connect via phone, tablet, pc, browser.

Lifesize Review

Overall experience with Lifesize has been good, and it has helped me carry on my work smoothly as it allows me to remotely interact with my colleagues.

Pros

Lifesize allows me easy video conferencing, with smooth connection. I have unhinged, and uninterrupted connection with other users, with whom I am able to share my screen, helping me in getting my work done remotely.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where multiple users can share screen at the same time.

Dave from Preis PLC

Industry: Law Practice

Life size Video Conference

We hold weekly internal meetings and the eas of use allows any of our user base to setup and join a meeting

Pros

Easy to use. Available on multiple platforms and mobile devices. Easy to setup meeting rooms. Can invite remote users, alll they need is a browser and a camera if they want to send video

Cons

No recording included by default. The system doesn't come with the ability to record your video conferencing. This feature is extra. I would like to see this included in the basic package

Good software for videoconferencing

I like Lifesize for its practical access, but I believe that the platform could offer more resources.

Pros

This is a good platform for video conferencing. I like it because it doesn't crash, the fluidity of the audio and video is good.

Cons

As a user participating in the broadcasts, I believe that we could have more resources on the screen, for example, to fix the administrator's video.

Michael from RCB Bank

Great Company and Video Conferencing Solution

We have been doing business with Lifesize hardware and products for close to ten years. They have been responsive and willing to assist with any problems. Their sales team is flexible for individual company needs. I consider Lifesize a perfect size company for providing responsive competitive offerings, without being a red tape mess to deal with for software requests, billing, sales, etc.

Pros

It is very easy to use. You can tell someone is leading the development team that values "cutting friction points". Where one software has three pop ups to do the same task, Lifesize seems to complete it in one or two. They create this easy to use interface while keeping security in mind in the background. My users love the software.

Cons

It would be nice if it had some of the screen controlling features that other meeting software has.

BETH from Wizard Education

The equipment has helped my company expand our classroom.

The software and equipment have aided our company in training students in the rural areas of our state, without disrupting their lives and jobs dramatically. We are hoping to start recording the course to use as refreshers for our students.

Pros

With the cloud, the ease of use is great. We have been able to access area's in our state with not the best internet, but the cloud has allow the classrooms to stay connected, and not interupt the learning.

Cons

The maintenance contracts needed to keep the equipment updated, and have access to the technical support, are expensive. The equipment doesn't break down but "just in case" and to get the updates we are at your mercy.

Allie from UHCA

Only Okay

Overall, this service has been good for us to use. We have used it mainly for educational live videos.

Pros

There are a few functions that I really like about Lifesize. I like that you can download an app, or use a link to a webpage. Having the different options is good for users that we connect with so they can choose how to participate. If you're using it frequently the app is very useful and I find it much easier to use rather than the online platform. Creating a meeting, and a meeting link is very easy. I am able to quickly create it and send it out to those I want to participate. We are able to designate specific meeting "room numbers" for groups that consistently need a video conferencing option, for example board of directors. That meeting link and room number never changes, so that is helpful for consistency. I do like that you can share your presentation along with the live video of you. This has been great for us to offer education.

Cons

I have found the customer service to be less than helpful. It seems like too big of a corporation, or maybe outsourced help. Every time I contact them for help, it has never been resolved and their usual answer is "we need the person with the problem to contact us." We deal with people participating that are very busy and cannot take the time to call in to trouble shoot. I wish they could just give me the info to try to fix it on my own. We also seem to have had a few problems with participants not being able to hear the presentation, they are muted out for not apparent reason.

In the 2 years of use it really has improved company communication

Pros

What I like most about the software is its ease of use. From the IT professional down to the more IT challenged users this software is easy to navigate, and anyone can use it.

Cons

In the past the biggest issue we have had with the software is its lack of functionality when there is a software version mismatch from host to participants. We experience both lack of audio or video until software is updated. This may have been resolved with the self updating cloud app though.

Mark from Merge Communications Pty Limited

I have been engaged with Lifesize for over 10 years as a reseller and user.

I am able to run a business that is profitable with clients across the globe. I could not do this without Lifesize.

Pros

Cons

The recent changes to the pricing structure will turn existing clients away from Lifesize and may discourage new clients as price increases are significant.

Johannes from Zalando SE

LS ViCos are having a very good quality and featureset, but the endpoints are not easy to use.

Recording & Livestreaming is possible and you can join with nearly every device to classical h.323- & SIP-conferences. We had one huge success by hosting one session for our management board via LifeSize Cloud instead of using the system the conference host (european union) offered us, which was not multicompatible.

Pros

LS Software clients are easy to use, especially in comparision to the hardware endpoints. The LifeSize cloud client software makes it easy to join existing conferences or even call other users. The quality is so much better than WebRTC solutions like Google Hangouts or CISCO WebEx especially when it comes to screensharing.

Cons

It's not compatible to Google Hangouts, without 3rd party solutions. It would be great to have an option as a normal user, to see the link of the LifeSize cloud conferences to send a link to new spontaneous participants, so that they can join easily with the link.

Tessa from Ascent Health Inc., formerly Wraparound Services of Northeast LA

Good overall. Much improved since implementation. We use it nearly everyday!

Connectedness, from anywhere.

Pros

The ability to meet face-to-face, with decent call quality most times, and from anywhere. The mobile aspect is extremely helpful.

Cons

There can be times where call quality suffers. I'm not sure if it is because of the cloud-aspect of the services, but it can be problematic (as can any product that is web-based!).

Ori from 10bis

What a view!

It is a great product, not cheap at all (licenses + hardware) but it is a good investment for a fast growing business.

Pros

Create meeting rooms with the top of the notch hardware from Lifesize! Amazing quality of High Definition cameras and phones, working together flawlessly. Easy to use, easy to setup, works great with my PBX / SIP protocol. It's not a must to install the client on your PC, it has a web client inside your browser :-) Manage your global organization from the cloud!

Cons

There are hiccups sometimes but it is usually due to internet issues. Should be operated with cable and not wireless.

Luis from Vivial

Using Lifesize

I've had a very good experience overall. I would definitely recommend lifesize when using with a team that can be spread around the world.

Pros

Allows me to connect with my team of software development which is overseas fairly easy. Very user friendly and gives you different options to use from.

Cons

Could have better support for linux devices. There is no native app for linux based systems. Not very useful when sharing the screen on the web app.

kelley from ace

Lifesize Solutions

Pros

I love that we are able to utilize lifesize cloud and connect with users outside of the company. Also, we often use lifesize for trainings .

Cons

At this moment, the only con is it can a littel difficult for some people to use who are not familiar with web conferencing software.

Darshan from Connor Clark and Lunn

We had LifeSize for many years and not complains. We are running Cloud now.

Great video conferencing

Pros

LifeSize Cloud! Great quality video conferencing. Integration of all the units into one Console and being able to manage easily

Cons

More options on interface to customize. More user friendly interface on the HD phones. Smaller base units for storage purposes.

Scott from Haseltine Lake LLP

Overall I haven't needed to touch it to much, which means it must be working great!

Pros

the touch screen microphone, its easy to navigate for end users feedback has told me that its been nice and easy to use which is good

Cons

Skype integration, we get a lot of Skype customers wanting to call, and if we had that functionality built in that would be great.

Georg from Lantal Textiles AG

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Cool, but expensive Tool

Pros

Easy of use, stable, with physical room systems helps those systems us to travel less and get more productive in short time

Cons

The price for the product is too high, the licensing is not easy and finally, the product is not that much compatible as they promise

Barbara from DAQRI

Clear video conferencing and phone calls via computer and lifesize units in meeting rooms

Pros

You can set up private meeting rooms for repeat meetings, individualized meetings for specific interviews and use it to make calls without a meeting set. Clear crisp picture and ability to have multiple people and rooms join video conferences.

Cons

Expensive compared to other products available, difficult to delete meetings once they are set, the log can get backed up with meetings if it isn't maintained.

Matt from Pathways

good hardware and software. cloud service is expensive

ease of use

Pros

ease of use. the software is easy to use for the end user. the software for the administrator is acceptable.

Cons

cloud software is WAY to expensive. cloud software is thousands of dollars a year. competition is few $/m.

AJ from Trillium Health

We use it for staff meetings and tele-medicine.

Pros

Cons

It is not compatible with other agencies who use different equipment - and thus has limited use in our field.

Gerber from AndBeyond South Africa

Good value for money

Easy to set up and use for quick meetings requiring screen sharing and multiple users

Pros

Cons

The scheduling on the Outlook calendar is something to get used to. The video quality is not the best and the screen sharing can be a little slow on slower connections

Reasons for Switching to Lifesize

Cost

the best way to be connected

very useful in a world company and the best way to be connected and be in different places at the same time.

Pros

high quality video connection and very easy to use.

Cons

the software support is very hard and we need to solve by ourselves.

Andy from Mid-South Health Systems

Industry: Mental Health Care

Good quality and exceptional service

Most of our Doctor services are done via video conference and most of our crisis services are now done via video conference.

Pros

Being cloud based is a big plus for my company and the ability to assign licensing by user and not machine.

Cons

The UI is a little cumbersome, trying to teach a new user how to navigate around it for the fist time can be a chore.

Jessica from Ace Relocation Systems

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Versatile Video Conference Software

Overall my experience has been a positive one. I've been on dozens of meetings and almost all of them have ran smooth and it has helped the efficiency of meetings at my company tremendously.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and takes no time to jump right in. The software is perfect for face to face video conferencing or screen sharing. It is great regardless of whether there are 2 people on the call or 40 people.

Cons

There appears to be a limit of how many people can be in a meeting room at once, so if you're at a large company that will have over 50+ participants, you will need to have some people in a conference room together, counting as 1 participant.

Martin from FFS

Industry: Chemicals

Video conferencing software/hardware at its best

love the whole idea of being able to quickly video chat with a client or collaborate with your fellow work associates

Pros

the ability to dial a life size conferencing system directly, being able to create virtual rooms and host meetings via audio/video, screen sharing as well. overall video quality is great depending on the camera system you choose too.

Cons

having to renewal the license or your conferencing system is useless, the hardware is a little overpriced as well.

LifeSize: A Product for Video Conferencing

I am using Lifesize video conferencing in my office. It is very useful for making video conferencing with its user friendly features. The programme can be recorded for future use. Also it very easy to share with the network. The clarity of the audio and video is good. The presentations using PC and smart board could also be shared in the conference presentation.

Pros

It is easy for operation. Audio and video clarity is also good. It supports for multiple screen display.

Cons

Initial set up is very complicated. If it is needed to change the system location or if the settings are changed due to internal problems, it is very difficult to set up again as a user. The support is always needed for this kind of problem. Once the set up is made, as a user it is very easy to use. It needs a public IP for connecting the remote user. Hence, it is not suitable for individuals but for an institutions it is the best.

Dafne from DEKOM

The Brilliant 4K Generation

All of our contacts and meeting rooms are all in the same directory. This makes me feel even more connected with all of my colleagues from all DEKOM offices across the globe.

Pros

The architecture of the software has a nice design, and it is very user-friendly which smoothens the workflow even more.

Cons

Lifesize users cannot join in a Skype for Business meeting, unfortunately. But a Skype for Business user can join a Lifesize meeting.

Derrick from BKF Engineers

Industry: Civil Engineering

Excellent system that even the C-levels can use

Corporate wide travel went way down which is exactly what we were looking for in a product that has clean video and voice for a reasonable price.

Pros

The integration with the library of available conference rooms and users makes it very easy to use. the app for mobile devices works every time and still has full features for muting video and /or audio as needed.

Cons

"Needs" updates a little too frequently. Would be nice if they rolled out patches less frequently unless there is a security concern.

That is the best solution we have adopted. Effective and impactful for the end user.

Pros

Easy to use, superior quality. Giving priority to voice quality when the connection is weak is a Lifesize strength.

James from Built

LifeSize has been solid and reliable and provides excellent quality for our video conferences.

High quality video conferencing for a good price

Pros

The cloud app and its ease of access to use with external clients who don't have lifesize. It links well into invite/calendar/email.

Cons

Some staff find it difficult to use/understand the first time they want to create a meeting. Often after the camera/mic is setup for the first time, they have to log out and log back into the software before it works properly.

JULIEN from CONTENTSQUARE

Industry: Computer Networking

LifeSize system is used to make some internal com. from Offices. For quick catchup to team meetings.

Really simple to use even for non tech users. Presentation is fine, and users are not wasting to much time with setup.

Pros

Quite easy to use - Plug and play for presentation. Display is in good quality - quite reliable.

Cons

Product is quite expensive. Need to install a third part software - Not sure about any WebRTC possibility. No real possibility about cross platform (gotomeeting / join.Me / ect)

Pretty good for international collaboration

Pros

It's easy to set up meeting IDs so that users can connect via a URL, landline or the LF mobile app. It's also easy to add basic pass codes to meetings (for increased security).

Cons

Every once in a while I get an error stating that I can not connect when using the land line option. Also, I feel like they could do a better job of managing each connection, because sometime the quality goes very low.

Eddie from Bazaarvoice

lifesize

This is a great product that I would totally recommend to someone to use.

Pros

This software is great I use it on a daily basis to meet with clients. Its functionality is super easy to use!

Cons

Not a lot of bad things to say about this software. Sometimes it is time consuming to go through the directory. But over all a great product.

Joan from Catholic Campus Ministry

Lifesize Review by Joan

Overall this is a good app and program to use when dealing with multiple parties that are spread out over a large area. It is compatible with all computers. It also is more versatile than google hangouts because you don't have to have a Gmail account to use it.

Pros

I like how easy this is to use. I am a user of it and it is mostly used to do conference calls. We have people that we connect with all over Virginia and we are unable to met face to face. This app allows all of us to get on one call and discuss things. It is super easy to share a link with others. I like that you can also call by phone and not use the video if you are unable. One cool feature that I like is how the screen size changes based on who is speaking if there are multiple parties.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like as a user. It is very easy to use and I have not had any issues with it since using it.

John from North River IT

Software is easy to use. Even our users with very limited technically experience can get it to work

Pros

The ease of use is the best part of this software. It just works. I can easily connect with anybody on my team and easily get a meeting started with anybody.

Cons

I don't use the desktop app every week but it seems like there is an update for it every time I open it. I know these are helpful but if it could update when I'm not trying to use the software it would be great.

Todd from Bazaarvoice

Works perfectly

Pros

Lifesize does exactly what its supposed to do, which is impressive considering technology like video conferencing always seems so spotty. Its really easy to setup meetings and to dial/log in to them. The video and audio quality are great, too.

Philippe from BATIGERE

A time benefit

Pros

I really like the simplicity of the interface and the speed to reach another person. It's a great asset to the Lifesize interface for every employee to use this video conferencing software

Cons

I regret the recent disappearance on the Lifesize application of the meeting rooms. I hope this is only a bug that will be corrected in the near future.

Camila from Invigor Group

Decent tool when it works, good for product demos and conf calls

Pros

Audio and video quality is great, there are no delays or drop offs. Ability to access it from the browser/web app is a bonus.

Cons

It's a bit painful to get it to work sometimes. Even using the browser version, I've had heaps of issues with logging in, it won't accept my login or password, I'd have to reset it many times and it still wouldn't work. This has happened at least 10 times in the past few months. I have had to reschedule meetings because I wasn't able to get it resolved in time through the support team.

We couldn't be happier with the system. Easy to set up and use.

Reduced travel expenses, increased communication within teams and between departments.

Pros

Excellent features for the price, works on multiple platforms including smartphones, compatible with Skype for Business.

Cons

There's not much we don't like about the software. The web portal could use some updating, and adding uses could be a bit more streamlined.

CJ from Doster Construction Company

Lifesize is a great product that is easy to use!

Pros

Its very user friendly and easy to use! The HD cameras are great ! Our job site guys easy turn on the system , can make calls, can receive calls without having to read any manuals!

Cons

Would like more 3rd party integration. We use RingCentral and would like to be able to use that service with the Lifesize Hard ware.

Ryan from Shick Solutions

Powerful but Not Easiest to Use

Lifesize makes setting up meetings between colleagues *and* customers very simple. There's a little bit of a learning curve in using it, but once you are past it, the strengths far outweigh any shortcomings.

Pros

Love the one-button "Join a Meeting" functionality of the Lifesize base unit, screen-sharing is fast and simple, scheduling meetings is done in a snap.

Cons

Customers frequently complain about the screen-share video quality as well as the size of the initial Lifesize download.

Useful conferencing tool

Pros

We have used lifesize to successfully implement training across the US. It has been a useful way to expand our offerings and connect regions.

Cons

Occasionally connection issues and quality diminishes with high volume of users in a meeting.

Jose maria from gs INIMA environment

Industry: Civil Engineering

Very good experience. a lot of versatility

cost savings in communications

Pros

The quality of image and sound, its ease of use and the saving of bandwidth. the updates and the webapp version

Cons

THE COST IS A LITTLE EXPENSIVE, THIS IS BAD FOR SMALL ORGANIZATIONS. THE PRICE OF THE HARDWARE SHOULD ALSO BE REVISED

Mary from Crystal clinic

Lifesize use

Overall lifesize is a good solution to communicating with small to large groups

Pros

Lifesize provides a convenient way for several (5-10) of us to hold weekly meetings while at different locations or from home. Clear reception for everyone on the call. Company wide we have held some large video conferences to brief the company about ongoing changes.

Cons

Sometimes have had issues calling in to join a meeting. When used to communicate with large groups, it was difficult when those in the meeting would talk over the host.