All Missive Reviews

Isaak

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Missive for the win!

Love, love, love Missive. The lads are excellent with their onboarding and support. I have no idea how such a little team does so much at such a high level - it is truly inspirational.

PROS

We reviewed this alongside Front. It was attractive to me as it is a small team that is bootstrapped, and I like to support that. But most critically when doing the technical review of Missive v Front (and others) we found that they had the deepest integration with Gmail and an excellent API that allowed us to build a custom integration with our internal tooling. We were driven to find a common collaborative inbox tool for the team as Intercom wasn't working as well as we needed (we still use it for outbound messages), plus we get lots of messages from other channels and for other reasons beyond support - like sales. It also works well with PipeDrive - seeing that PD was using it themselves was reassuring, although it would be *excellent* if they shared some of the internal integration learnings with the PD integration off the shelf (it does the job, but only just)

CONS

There is still some confusion about how to best handle closing and archiving with team emails - so it is closed from an individuals box but not the shared box and similar when trying to hand over an email and removing the email from your inbox - we still have a fear we will archive it for everyone. This is the most confusing part of the platform. We tend not to use Tasks as we have Pipedrive, Trello, TidyHQ all generating tasks which makes it confusing - I do wish we could push all tasks centrally to one of the above tools.

Reason for choosing Missive

Front was tested for some months but it isn't a tight enough integration with Gmail - after some weeks of using it and then heading back into my Gmail Inbox, it was a mess, although my Front Inbox was neat, it wasn't being reflected in Gmail perfectly - very frustrating. Plus it's much, much more expensive than Missive.

Reasons for switching to Missive

Intercom's collaborative Inbox loses a lot of formatting and attachment when bouncing emails around. It isn't a genuine email handler and also didn't allow us to use it for emails and other incoming messaging gracefully.

Josiah

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

The Best Inbox Management Tool, ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE

PROS

It turns your inbox or team inbox into a fully-functioning ticket system without making clients feel like they're stuck in a ticket system. It's much more modern, seamless, and intuitive than most ticket systems and has countless helpful features to make daily tasks easier. We can integrate multiple calendars and inboxes into Missive which helps us so much. We used to have to have multiple logins and sites for different calendars and inboxes and now they are all in one place. The price is also extremely reasonable considering this product saves us countless hours and troubleshooting.

CONS

There are very, very few features that we would like to see from Missive that are not already there. The dev team is aware of these features and works diligently to implement them. Updates happen frequently, smoothly, and are always relevant.

Reason for choosing Missive

Front is way too expensive when you realize Missive exists. Front utilizes the irritating pushy sales workflow where they try to have you meet with multiple sales people over many meetings and convince you to go with them. This is probably why they're ridiculously expensive. Missive treats us like humans who just want a product that works well and they are happy to try to please at all stages.

Bruno

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great app but need some basic features

Good experience but looks like a beta app. Pay for it now is crazy when you have many evolved apps in the market. After adding some basic features and rethink about a plan for small companies, it will be one of the best apps for mail/team.

PROS

- design looks so good - speed of email update - how smooth this works - task inside chats

CONS

- Can't share inbox (and works with archive+trash) without using 2 inbox folders (team + main) OR you can share the same inbox but if you archive some email, it will keep on inbox of other team members - Expensive for small companies. - Full history that is default on all other mail clients on Missive you have to pay. If you have a team with 3 members, you need to pay 45 MONTHLY just to have access to your all emails. They hide your old emails. - No search inside chats/emails content (the main search don't bring you to the found message of chat) - Mobile app add margin to the side of emails so your emails isn't showing correctly - No quote/reply feature on chat - No ticks of message read on chat

Reasons for switching to Missive

Many time to Spark show the emails.

Christian

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great solution to email/conversation management with clients

The team at Missive is great to work with, responsive and knows their product well.

PROS

Great interface design and powerful rules engine.

CONS

Calendaring is just okay - still using another tool for this aspect of our workflow.

Reason for choosing Missive

Collaboration with other team members, routing emails almost like a ticket management system, and the rules engine.

Debby

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Missive can be as powerful as you like it to be

Good experience overall with support, onboarding, billing, and the product.

PROS

I've searched for similar software for what I need.. team communication and email management. I like the interface to communicate with my team, assign tasks. I appreciate that it works with Microsoft 365 products. A lot of similar services only works with Google. Although I wish they do not only work on chained/treaded email, it does has some advantage and I can understand why they need it that way. I use it daily to communicate efficiently with my team on emails received and assign tasks.. or for internal communication. There are lots more features we are not using yet. But it can be as powerful as you need. I think pricing is fair for what it offers. and the product doesn't have down time. Support is consistently good. There are lots of training offered.

CONS

Has to have chained/treaded emails. a learning curve to set up the rules and settings.

Reason for choosing Missive

All other products require using Gmail. or more expensive unless you really have a team.

Jonathan

Wireless, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Most Comprehensive Email App

I have to share that I was very close to canceling my Missive subscription to find some savings due to a recent pay cut I was asked to take. After trying out other software, I could not leave Missive. Nothing beats it in terms of customization and feature set that makes my email life productive.

PROS

The amount of options and customizations. The integrations, clean layout.

CONS

The cost. It's quite expensive being a single user not having my company pay for it.

Reasons for switching to Missive

Spark made drastic design and functionality changes that disrupted my workflow.

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Great Email App with Tons of Features

PROS

Love having the ability to customize any portion of the app to my own workflow. Service is very responsive and will answer any question you may have.

CONS

You are maxed out at at 10 email accounts. This should be more than enough for most people, but it would be nice to allow more for projects, etc.

Reasons for switching to Missive

The app was very buggy and looked for another option.

Raphael

Farming, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

One email app to rule your workflows

PROS

1. Accounting automations 2. Customer service automations 3. Team based emails splitting

CONS

1. Set up User interfaces are sometimes packed but there is good documentation even though.

Diana

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

I am a NEW Missive user and loving it !!

Very positive and communicating with Missive team has been a breeze they are very helpful an fast to respond.

PROS

Whether it's emails, chats, or collaborative tasks, Missive consolidates everything in one place, streamlining my workflow beautifully. This is exactly what I need to be productive!!

CONS

Not any at the moment since I am a new user, its very comprehensive, there are a lot of advanced functionalities to learn so there will be a little learning curve there but it is worth the investment for the efficiency that it brings

Maryellen

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Great Product!

PROS

I love that our team can communicate and handle emails quickly and efficiently. Great product!

CONS

I can't think of anything I don't like!!

Diego

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Game Changer E-Mail System

Amazing! I can think of us without Missive! Thinks like It’s email chat feature has allowed to work collaboratively very easy.

PROS

It allowed us to work on our emails very efficiently with our employees working from different parts of the world.

CONS

From an email client /system stand point the software has everything and it’s constantly reviving updates.I would love to see a statist s module to help me gather a picture of how each user is doing.

Reason for choosing Missive

For us, it has all the features we need at a cheaper price.

Reasons for switching to Missive

Front pricing scheme is too expensive.

Thanks!

Replied April 2021

Patrick

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Missive is one of if not the best App I have ever used - and I test and set up Apps every day!

A total pleasure. If only every SaaS product/company was as awesome as Missive!

PROS

The fact that Missive allows you to see and reply to comms received on pretty much any channel you can think of is a total game changer! And you can create message templates with custom variables that you can use in any of your messages on any channel! I was pretty blown away that for a really affordable price I could set up live chat on not one but two websites - and get it set up in 5 minutes!

CONS

The only thing I think Missive could add to take it to the next level would be easy to set up email sequences with variables that stop sending automatically when the recipient replies (a la Mixmax). Apparently you can kind of do this via rules but it won't stop sending automatically if the recipient replies I believe.

Reason for choosing Missive

Because it's "awesome-er" and also super affordable for it's feature set.

Reasons for switching to Missive

To bring all my communication channels into one place and save me a bunch of time and help me to avoid replying slowly to messages.

Thanks!

Replied April 2022

Filip

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Great choice for managing team-inbox mail

PROS

Everything you need with big options to make. Supports Standard mail clients, IMAP, fb messenger or twitter. Also we can synchronize our trello and google drive with missive. Great tools for automatizations. The platform looks great and it is easy to use. Now with our team inboxes and rules for automatization we saved not just a time but we finally organized our mails.

CONS

There was everything we have been looking for.

Compatibility, options, fair price

Reasons for switching to Missive

Front doesn’t support standard IMAP mail client. Missive supports it.

Madelyn

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Missive Has Increased Productivity

Missive has been phenomenal, and has changed the way our team collaborates. We are over the moon about the service that Missive provides for us, and are always excited to see the different updates and news letters that they provide. We recommend Missive to many friends in colleagues in all different industries.

PROS

The collaborative nature of Missive creates easy and smooth connections between teammates, and productive workflows that we use daily to quickly connect with our clients. There are plenty of ways to assign/delegate/organize correspondences, and we could not provide the level of quality customer service we are able to without Missive being a part of our day-to-day. Missive's customer service team is top notch, and they are quick to get back and/or resolve any issues that I run into on a day to day basis, as well as help answer my questions. It's also a very visually appealing software, with simple icons and logos that clearly communicate their purpose.

CONS

There are a ton of the features, a few of which seem to be somewhat similar or redundant, however, I think that is more than likely because I am not fully educated on all of the bells and whistles. So the cons that I find to be most prevalent are more so surrounding an overall lack of up front education on the software itself. I would appreciate the ability to hop on a call or get a quick run down on how things work. It's highly likely that I'm not aware of the fact that I could set something like this up, but to my memory I don't believe I've seen if it's possible to set up a Zoom or general talk through of Missive's program with a Missive team member to chat through the software, and see if they have suggestions on streamlining anything that we do on a day to day basis.

Reasons for switching to Missive

It did not have the collaborative features we were looking for.

Brennan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Perfect solution for our needs

PROS

We were searching for a bolt on to our G Suite that would help us triage emails that come in so we could either add to our ticket system so they could be processed or we could reply via email. The main thing was ensuring we didn't miss any contacts and that we weren't duplicating work. Missive allowed us to easily handle all forms of communications with our clients. They've continued to add several features (we're really enjoying the team inboxes!) and are exceptionally fast to respond when there are any issues that come up. We certainly value our relationship with the folks at Missive.

CONS

Most of what we've disliked has been initial preferences and not related to performance. We've adjusted to the workflows.

Dylan

Photography, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Our team adores missive

We found traditional email programs had far too many gaps. We were losing conversations and context. We were also having to double and triple-handle conversations with an awkward combination of email and chat. Missive puts chat and email together into one intuitive space. Clients have a better experience, our staff find their customer workload easier to handle, and I have much better oversight over our company communication.

PROS

Without exaggeration I spent two years testing out various email/help-desk solutions for our team before eventually settling on missive. It ticks so many boxes for us: imap synch, effortlessly colloborative, customisable rules, easy escalation pathways. It is also the first tech tool that I've introduced to our team that most staff actually love. In less than 24 hours we went from missing Thunderbird to happily moving everything across. Missive just works, and I love it.

CONS

I would love to see some more integrations. Missive has some nifty features built around iframes - but better integration with some of the common integration tools would make this even easier.

Reason for choosing Missive

Price, imap synch, support, functionality.

miguel

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great App!

Integration with another apps and team colaboration in chat

PROS

I love the integration with another apps and chat option.

CONS

Integration with another apps like notion, and improve the integration with asana.It misses the print option with the chat conversations

i need more features