Phone.com Software Reviews

Phone.com Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

• icon"Dont need any hardware for this system and can use it anywhere. Has built in fax and sms capability and contact management, like the online portal for sms messaging very good and quick."
  • icon"Customer service was great, good features and functionality, room for customizations, can keep personal phone number private."
  • icon"That it was very affordable and that it was HIPAA compliant. The app was relatively easy to navigate as well."
  • icon"Also, at times it takes a long time to log in and it can be frustrating if you need to access the app quickly."
  • icon"So let this review be your warning. The low price comes with a massive."
  • icon"To say that the invoices are confusing would be a gross understatement."

All Phone.com Reviews

Rick

June 2022

Phone.com is the best VOIP Office phone service

Overall I absolutely love Phone.com. It's by far the best business grade phone service I've ever used. We also use it for our home phone service and it's been rock solid. I've recommended it to several friends.

Pros

Phone.com is by far the best VOIP phone system I've ever used. It has a variety of features and a good mobile app. Plus their mobile app is good. The best part is their customer service though. It is bar none.

Cons

Their mobile app could be a little better and it's been a long time but it used to be a tiny bit confusing but I heard they've fixed it. I set up our services once and haven't been back in years to change anything.

Reasons for switching to Phone.com

Phone.com had the best customer service and good plans.

phone.com great customer service team

I have always had a great experience with every customer service/support rep I have worked with. They will escalate easily if things are not working as you expect and they are cheerful and thoughtful.

Pros

There are a lot of options and the tool is very flexible. If you ever need help their support team is just a live chat away and they are always very helpful and creative. Willing to offer ideas on how to best set up your system to meet your needs.

Cons

It is not easy to figure out on your own. It takes time to understand how all of the settings work and what is the best process for your needs.

Matthew

Industry: Mental Health Care

Affordable but buggy

Pros

Phone.com does everything I was looking for in a VOIP. As a small business owner, it sure beats having to purchase a stand-alone phone.

Cons

My biggest issue with Phone.com is the app. It's super buggy and slow (unresponsive) to use. Given the affordability of the phone plan, I've decided I can live with the bugs, but they're still a pain.

Affordability, HIPPA compliance

Response from Phone.com

Thanks for your feedback, Matthew! We are always looking for ways to improve our app to ensure a better mobile experience. Give us a call at 833-782-2355 and let us know what kind of issues you are running into and we will gladly assist you.

Replied August 2019

Zafer

Industry: Medical Devices

August 2022

Phone.com is great for video conferencing

Pros

Phone.com provides an matchless experience for video conferencing along with its great screensharing option.

Cons

Phone.com could provide a better user experience in their mobile applications.

JACK

Sound Big For Little Money

I absolutely loved it except that it doesn't have a google chrome extention which made click-to-call- difficult for me

Pros

State of the art PBX was highly customizable and made our business sound like a fortune 500 company.

Cons

It currently does not have a google chrome extention.

Response from Phone.com

Hello Jack, Thank you for you feedback! The google chrome extension for the 'Click to Call' feature is actually something that is in high demand for some of our customers. We have been hard at work getting this implemented and will hopefully be launching this in the near feature! If you ever need assistance with your account, features, or setup please call (844) 755-8566.

Replied August 2019

Kaitlynn

June 2022

Phone.com is not the best of the best

Pros

I like that it is easy to manage online.

Cons

I do no like that there are always so many issues with connection etc that my team has.

The Phone.com app ticks all the boxes

Phone.com is so easy to use. It was a little tedious to set up, but once it's done, it's done. I use the app on an iPhone and it looks much like the default call interface, but I would never confuse the two. I appreciate that the design looks nice. It keeps everything tied to my business number, together in one place. My only frame of reference is as an end user; I do not have access to the phone.com web interface so I cannot comment on that. But as a user, it's perfect! Anywhere I happen to be, I know I'll be able to get those important phone calls. And I can easily tell when a call comes through that it's via phone.com.

Pros

The app design (for iPhone) is sleek and consistent with Apple products

Cons

It is sometimes slow to connect calls, annoying at first setup

Easy to use, but kept crashing

It helped us communicate with our customers.

Pros

I liked that this software allowed us to make and receive calls as well as set up conference lines for customers.

Cons

We had problems with the app crashing mid-call. For awhile it would happen at the same time stamp for every call.

Dependable, but not the most modern

Pros

Phone.com works it's that simple. If you need a phone system that gets the job done quietly and reliably, Phone.com will certainly do that. It's affordable, relative to the competition, and can do most things you throw at it.

Cons

Although it has improved marginally since I started using it several years ago, the user interface still largely feels stuck in the early 2000s. This can make certain tasks clunky or hard to accomplish if you aren't used to Phone.com's quirks.

Melech

My experience with phone.com as a small business owner

Though it was affordable, I probably lost business as a result in the final analysis.

Pros

Cons

There were constant snags, customer service had left what to be desired and one of the features never worked at all, such as the texting feature.

Reasons for choosing Phone.com

It was the cheapest HIPAA compliant service available.

Response from Phone.com

Hi Melech, I'm sorry that your experience didn't live up to your expectations or ours. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make it right.

Replied February 2020

Kevin

November 2022

The system was fine, just needed more features

Pros

The cost of this is low for a VOIP phone. It worked well with my mobile device

Cons

Could not schedule texts or create text templates

Cost mainly

Thea

Industry: Mental Health Care

March 2022

Very Poor Quality and No Customer Support At All

Horrible customer support. Buy this service if you like getting ignored and paying for a service you don't receive

Pros

Its available if you like paying for something that constantly has problems

Cons

At random times certain features stop working, such as notifying when you get messages or calls. This is very detrimental when you are running a business and getting back to your client sis important. Several other clinicians in my practice have also experienced these same issues and have had to cancel their service. When you contact customer support, there is no urgency for them to assist you and never return your phone calls or emails. This is highly unprofessional as a business.

Brent

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Billing nightmare and missing critical Self-Help solutions/support

we have saved money by moving 10 of our toll free number to phone.com from the bigBell (AT&T) We are able to have phones at our new remote warehouse using phone.com where our Avaya System has failed to work through a VPN setup.

Pros

functionality of the phone.com feature as a whole, work fine. support is generally able to answer the call in a few minutes and are open 24/7. They include most features you would need in most situations in a business environment.

Cons

To say that the invoices are confusing would be a gross understatement. they are so bad that on several occasions, I have had to call support for billing, and each time, even the billing support reps are unable to break it down for me and make any sense of it. On 2 occasions I have spent well over an hour on the phone trying to understand the bill. they issue a charge then issue a credit 10s of times on each invoice. even after getting rid of all the charges and equal credits on the invoice, there are still usual discrepancies that have to be fixed. each time finding errors in the billing that needed to be overridden by a manager and credited back to the account. When you purchase an unlimited plan, they don't tell you that the unlimited minutes are only for calls routed through the extension with unlimited minutes. routing calls or forwarding directly to a number and not through an extension will incur per minute charges over the basic minimums. to make matters worse, the extension setup is far from streamlined and have to bounce all over the website to get it configured and set up properly making it extremely complex to setup for 19 phone numbers and we still wound up paying for overage minutes because this lack of communication. this type of thing is critical for customers to know in order to get the services they are paying for for the price they are paying.

Reasons for switching to Phone.com

Save money overall and compatibility with our unique system configuration

Mick

Great Product. Great Support. Misleading Pricing.

Overall, I like it although it ended up being more than anticipated. With taxes and fees, $119yr is really $160/yr, but they get you on devices, (even softphones) where $60/year is really $100/year per phone. They are adding their own fees to this, so they should just be upfront. One chat support person was kind of rude suggesting that "I should have gotten a quote" and "Who told me it was free". I compared several providers and it's still a good value. No regrets.

Pros

I was able to use my established Google Voice number and easily port it over to something more business-friendly. I like that it's scalable as my business grows and I can put a high-quality Polycom SIP phone right in my home office. The Android app is also useful if I want to make calls from that number remotely.

Cons

When signing up, it wasn't clear to me that adding a device (desk phone or softphone) wasn't included in the price. I incorrectly assumed one would be included with the plan. How else would you use the service, I thought. (I later learned that only forwarding calls to cell phones is included) I already had a phone and nothing was mentioned during sign up or during my support call while the phone was being provisioned. I only realized it when I got a bill for $100 the next month. My own fault for not getting a quote, I guess. In any case, I didn't care. It just wasn't clear at all and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

RingCentral MVP, Grasshopper and RingCentral Office

Price, features

Reasons for switching to Phone.com

Quality of Magic Jack and the needs of my business.

Response from Phone.com

Mick, We appreciate your honest feedback. While our base plans have 40+ features included, there are certain features that require an additional monthly fee. We do strive to ensure that this is communicated when signing up for additional services. We also understand your frustration and will make sure to pass this on to our development team to make sure our pricing/features page set clear expectations.

Replied December 2019

Craig

Phone.com Needs Some Work

Still using Phone.com because I paid for 12 months upfront to get the best price. They system works, but I feel it is not working well or helping my company look "good" to my callers.

Pros

IP phone system for on-the-go small business owners - great features that can make you look like a full-fledged company. Prices are competitive, too. There customer service is really good, answered quickly, no holding on line and they answered my questions and helped with using my recorded message as my first answer greeting. However, see below as they help with answering the questions but not being pro-active

Cons

The buttons they use to get to your messages, calls, etc. is called "Configure" then "manage users & extensions" - how crazy is that? Then, setting up a call trail - knowing full well what you want to happen is so complicated that you go nuts trying to figure it out. Recording and using messages and setting up the phone trail is a nightmare - I know others have had the same feelings so why haven't they taken any of these suggestions and improve the product - they really are so close! They answer quickly as noted above but you have to know what you are asking - they will help but seems not to "guide" you with best practices in setting up your phone system. I can buy a landline and the installer sets everything up for me - why can't Phone.com help me like that?

Reasons for choosing Phone.com

Wanted some of their features I needed - like faxing from my laptop and having extensions and messages and being able to direct callers to various areas.

Fernando