What are Pumble users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Pumble software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's fast, lightweight, has native apps for Windows, OSX, Linux Android and iOS, so it's a great competitor against Teams or Slack. Excellent free tier for small teams or open source projects."
  • icon"I really love the platform colors and the ease of use with this so far. It seems a lot more user friendly than Microsoft teams."
  • icon"Everyone can use this app with ease. There are applications for almost all platforms."
  • icon"Need to add video calls, we really missing that."
  • icon"The early stage of the software makes it hard to predict the product goal. Is it the product I'm looking for now."
  • icon"Missing appear offline functionality, inline code formatting."

Browse all Pumble Reviews

• Have you used Pumble and would like to share your experience with others?

Arun

A promising Slack alternative

Given that Pumble is late to the chat software party and there are several Slack clones available it is going to be a hard sell for the team. However, given that it's a no-frills no cost software it's not a bad deal for teams who would like to use it. It's built by the same team that built Clockify is going to give some amount of credibility.

Pros

As of now, Pumble is completely FREE, with no restrictions on the number of users, unlimited chat history, and apps for all major platforms. This commanding for a product that is new to the market.

Cons

The lack of integration to external systems may be a deal-breaker for some but for others, it could be a simple no-nonsense software that gets the job done which is enable seamless communication.

Same reason as what I had put as the Pros

Zee

Great for team communication

So far we have enjoyed it. We haven't moved the entire team to this instrument yet, but I think the fact that it has the feature of history keeping, might just be the thing that will move us there.

Pros

One of the main reasons we switched to Pumble from Slack was the fact that Slack was too expensive for us and the free version of it didn't keep the history of messages. Pumble has a free chat history feature included from the start which is very important for us. Another feature that we like a lot is the channels. It's pretty much the same as in Slack (and that was the reason we switched to Slack from Skype, that had the history, but we didn't really like the group's part. The messages and channels structure feels a lot more natural in Slack/Pumble than in Skype.)

Cons

So far the only thing that we didn't like is the absence of previews for files. For example, I have shared a PDF presentation with my colleague and while he can download it, he cannot preview it quickly in Pumble. (It's also possible that it can be changed somewhere in preferences, etc., but it's not an obvious solution.) This feature would make work a lot easier.

Reasons for choosing Pumble

It included history keeping feature in the free plan while Slack only included it in the paid plan (and it was too expensive for us.)

Reasons for switching to Pumble

The Slack plan that we had didn't have the feature of keeping the history of our chats, which might be not critical for some departments (such as marketing), but for projects' discussion, it's important to see what has been discussed previously to have paper track.

Alex

July 2022

An affordable and near feature-complete business messaging app

Pros

The lack of a need for an account by just using email invite codes that are remembered by your browser is very well done feature that I would welcome in many other apps. Furthermore, the chat features are well done and in particular the thread functionality is very well organized with helpful menus for threads you are in. Also, the free version of the file sharing limits are not at all restrictive, which was a pleasant surprise.

Cons

There is an annoying bug in the desktop browser version where if you have a channel open while you receive a notification in it, the notification stays until you go to another channel and then reopen the current channel, as opposed to going away right away (because you are in the channel and thus you see the notification right away). Also, its file preview could support more common video and audio file formats like .mkv, and a "Reply" button in text channels a la Discord or Slack would be nice.

Response from COING

Hi Alex, Thank you for your review. I've forwarded your feedback to the team for consideration for future updates of the app. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team directly at support@pumble.com. Cheers!

Roxanne

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Needs improvement

I really would love to see more updates soon. My team is planning to transition to Pumble, we still have to decipher if it's a good tool to use overall.

Pros

Clean interface. Conversations are easy to read.

Cons

1. Can the team use the app to conduct a meeting? 2. Can we share-screen? 3. Can the app light up when we receive a message? 4. Notification settings seem limited. 5. Can we link the app with our google calendar?

Response from Pumble

Hi Roxanne, Thank you so much for your feedback. Kindly note that we are working hard in finalizing the features like audio and video calls including the screen share possibility. . When you are using Pumble on your PC, you will receive all notifications there. However, if you are away from your desktop, you will receive all notifications via the mobile app. Currently linking Pumble with other applications is possible using Webhooks but we are planning to introduce simpler integrations as well. Please write us at support@pumble.com and we will be happy to help your team set up everything and assist anywhere we can.

Replied September 2021

Kimberly

April 2022

Must try

There isn't a thing I would say negative. All of my employees will be downloading this platform

Pros

I have looked into many messaging platforms for the last year and tried many trials. This app was one that got me hooked right away. Not only is the free platform very useful and easy, but to upgrade and get the max features for only $20 a year is amazing. I highly recommend this app for any business.

Cons

I haven't really ran into anything that I can complain about at the moment. So far, I have no complaint.

Reasons for choosing Pumble

I was googling the best apps to use in a business and this was on the bottom of the list but the last for me to try. Once I tried, I was instantly annoyed that it wasn't the first one that I had tried in the first place.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

I had to pay to use the apps above bc the free trial, once it ran out, it didn't give me access to even send messages any longer.

Leri

Industry: Online Media

July 2022

Pumble is a great tool to improve communication

I enjoy using Pumble for internal communication with colleagues and teams.

Pros

Pumble is very easy to set up and start using. The chat features are easy to customize and I can create groups to keep everyone in the same project up to date with any developments. The sync between the browser and mobile app is very good, so I can be reached even while on the go.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add certain DM chats or group chats as favorites so that I can access them easier. Also, having a unread message reminder would help out a lot.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Pumble had more features, was easier to use and according to reviews was more reliable - which we found to be true after using it for awhile.

Response from COING

Hi Leri, Thank you for your review! While at the moment we don't have a favorite DM chats option now, it is possible to customize your sidebar so you can easier access the chats you use more frequently. Please see this page for more info about this feature - https://pumble.com/help/profile/profile-settings/customized-sidebar/ Hope this helps a bit! Cheers!

krishna

Excellent business resource and a Collaborative Tool

It is the best app to communicate with the team working with a big force. I am talking about the ease and rapid response here. When my organisation introduces Pumble we were like wow and we learned using Pumble from day one it gets on board it's that easy. I will surely recommend Pumble to everyone out there facing difficulties in communicating with the team. I loved it.

Pros

It's simplicity & easiness which you feel using this app and its some features like creating channel, groups, All DMs, thread feature is something which I like the most, This app is something you can't ask for more. Team communication got easier, we can see whether the person is active or not. Any type of file sharing is easier. It can be installed on both phone and the system. We can save notes by sending the documents or credentials to ourselves. like the chat user interface. love the channel sidebar. Simple and effective.

Cons

It should show the history or a text if the message is deleted by somebody, It gets difficult to find what message is deleted by whom in the group.

Response from COING

Thank you for your amazing review Krishna! We are glad to hear that you're enjoying Pumble and we will continue to improve our services for our users! We will gladly forward your feedback about deletion history to our Product team in order for them to consider it for future upgrades. Feel free to reach to our Support team if you have any additional suggestions, so they can forward it further as well. You can reach them to support@pumble.com Cheers!

Replied August 2022

Aaron

This is a game changer!

Pros

This has helped us work closer as a team, the ease of setting up channels to help us flow different aspects of our work together and make sure the right people are working on the right thing. It's so easy to use and has helped up so much bring our work more digital.

Cons

We can't find anything we don't like, we love how it works and its ease of use.

Lucky

Best App for All you can ask for

I was quite a good experience for using this app since we can create private channel as well as public channel.

Pros

We can create private channel this feature is what entice me all the time and on top of that its easiness which I feel using it, is something out of this tech World

Cons

I didn't saw any loops in this app since It fulfilled all the requirements for my organisation. but still I am looking for improvement with further updates.

Karl

Industry: Research

July 2022

Pumble is a must-have for effective team synergy!

Pros

Feature that are standard for most but Pumble delivering these flawlessly

Cons

None really, Pumble has good support and updates always

Nicolas

Industry: Wireless

Le challenger Pumble, rival des géants TEAMS et SLACK dans la famille des communication internes.

Je l'utilise pour la première fois, il serait donc malhonnête de ma part d'en inventer une expérience.

Pros

L'on pourrait croire que Pumble ne serait pas à la hauteur de ses pairs, tels le mastodonte de Microsoft Teams, ou bien encore le géant Slack. Et ce serait humain...car nous sommes conditionnés à mettre au rabais des outils affichant une gratuité totale, en particulier au niveau des performances que l'on imagine mal aussi performantes que les célèbres rivaux. Et bien, une fois n'en n'est pas coutume, nous aurions bien tort d'adhérer à ces croyances auto intégrées. Rappelons que les concepteurs de Pumble sont ceux là même qui ont accouché du célèbre Clockify. Nous voilà donc étrangement nettement plus rassuré. Les outils de communications internes sont légions, mais les seuls démontrant une réelle fiabilité réduisent considérablement la liste. Et force est d'admettre que Pumble reste dans le haut du panier, en étant, par respect pour son très grand frère, dirons- nous, une extraordinaire alternative à SLACK. Évidemment sa totale gratuité est un atout indéniable, mais citons également son interface qui se trouve être d'une facilité à la limite du déconcertant..et Pumble, à la différence de la version gratuite de Slack, garde un historique des conversations, ce qui admettons-le est une bénédiction lors de certaines résolutions complexes. Nous pourrions continuer cet encensement bien évidemment, en citant son côté convivial par exemple...Mais laissons découvrir ses surprises aux futurs utilisateurs qui j'en suis sur, sont déjà impatient.

Cons

L'on a coutume de dire que nul n'est parfait...et bien les outils de communication n'échappent pas non plus à cette règle, Pumble y compris, malgré toutes les gratifications dont celui-ci a été couronné. Néanmoins, l'on se doit d'être honnête, et force est d'avouer que, bien qu'il y ait quelques défauts pouvant être gênants, tels l'absence d'appels vidéos, ou encore l'impossibilité d'initier une réunion de groupes, la lenteur que peuvent parfois prendre certaines notifications à arriver,... La plupart des défauts imputés à Pumble sont très subjectifs et concernent pour la plupart des "conforts et amusements" personnels, comme le minimalisme des Gifs, l'absence de fonction Dark Mode, ou encore les sons des notifications ou la customisation de l'interface réduite à son minimum. Sans vouloir le moins du monde être ironique, ces détails sont très certainement dus au prix qu'est la gratuité..!

Alisa

Industry: Oil & Energy

February 2022

A less-featured but great free alternative to Slack

Pros

It's free and easy to use! I think those are the biggest pros. It gives you all the basic functionality (threads, different rooms, access permissions, etc.) completely for free. We work with people all around the world, and no one has a problem with Pumble. A lot of other up-and-coming software have issues in certain countries, or are down for significant periods of time. In my experience, Pumble is simple but works. And that's what we need right now!

Cons

Predictable, Pumble is a limited software. There are a lot of features that a software like Slack has that mean that Pumble would not be a good long-term solution for us. These limitations include: - inability to do voice/video calls - you can't get a link to a specific message/thread

Because it's free!

Response from COING

Hi Alisa, Thank you for your review! Kindly note that we've added one-on-one phone and video calls to our app and are currently working on group calls. Cheers!

Ryan

Use Pumble, not Slack

It's basically Slack, but better. And the paid option is sensibly priced, so that's fantastic too.

Pros

Pumble is easy to use - if you've used Slack, you already know everything you need to about Pumble. But, crucially, Pumble allows unlimited message history in the free version. This is a crippling restriction of Slack, and the main reason I switched from Slack to Pumble.

Cons

Pumble's search feature is not great, and requires basically knowing exactly what whole word terms you're searching for. Partial words won't get you anywhere.

Reasons for choosing Pumble

Discord's file limitation was too restrictive, and Skype is hard to organize multiple conversations and also has a really bad search/message history feature.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Slack's limited message history was too restrictive.

Daoud

Its Something we need for projects - A shared place to communicate instead of Instant messaging...

I love the simplicity and usability...

Pros

I started using it in a few minutes, the User interface was straight-forward enough to start using the Pumble in minutes...

Cons

I think the colors need to be colors that can be modified to be easier on the eyes...

Pricing...

Reasons for switching to Pumble

I need something free for the time being, I am Our project is just starting up... we can use the boost... I don't mind paying in the future...

Sajal

March 2022

Finally a product that is a good alternative of in-house instant messengers

Overall it has been a feature rich experience with Pumble. So much more easy to manage your team and the conversations within the team. File sharing is an added bonus. We have used slack in the past but somehow the UI and UX of Pumble although quite familiar to Slack seems better.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to create channels to manage conversations about our projects. The best part is that it can be used on an iPhone or an Android or a Macbook or a Windows PC and even a Linux PC. You are connected everywhere and don't feel left out.

Cons

There is nothing that we haven't liked about this software so far. If something comes up, I would come back to edit this review :)

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Openfire is having a very limited functionality and can only be used for a one to one conversation and instant conversations. It's a pain to track older conversations.

Response from Pumble

Hi Sajal, Thank you for your feedback! Cheers!

Replied March 2022

Fatima

Like Slack, but Cheaper!

My small nonprofit has been on the search for a team communication software that doesn't break the bank. Slack is great, but unfortunately, the free version wasn't cutting it for us. Luckily, we stumbled across Pumble, and it's perfect! It does everything Slack does, but for free!

Pros

It's free and very similar to Slack in terms of functionality. Very easy to use. The interface is great. You can have multiple workspaces as well.

Cons

I wish there was a desktop app! I wish you could have multiple workspaces under one umbrella organization for easier communication between entities.

Better functionality and interface

Pricing

Satyabrata

If you need Slack but don't have a budget for Slack

What I have received so far, is definitely amazing. It's a very good app and I'm lucky to have found Pumble. Everybody in my team now uses Pumble and they love it too. I would want them to improve their features add more fun things for administrators to play with, I mean give more customization features.

Pros

As my title mentions this is pretty much like Slack but tons of free features. I've been using Slack with my clients for many years and I wanted to implement something similar for my own team. But slack free, does not let you add more than 5 team members, I didn't see such a limit in Pumble though. It's very easy to get start with, very easy to manage. Login and Operation is very easy.

Cons

I hate the fact that, I can't customize my workspace in Pumble with my own logo and color schemes. The windows app does not start automatically with the boot of windows. So if you forgot to turnon Pumble, then you won't get your messages. Also, when someone sends any message, a popup should open at the receivers end or stay at the Windows 10 notification window.

Reasons for choosing Pumble

I can't believe that a startup like mine could use a Team chat app. If I have to pay $6+ per user for Slack, it makes a standard expenditure of $60+ per month for me. Me being an Indian guy, running a software startup in India, it makes things very expensive for me. So as a Slack alternative, I love Pumble and I'll stay with them as long as they'll have me.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Slack is expensive and the free features are not enough for my team.

Nigel

February 2022

Pumble - so far so good but short of a few features

Pros

Pumble works well using the features it has. Real time chat works well as does thread and direct messages.

Cons

(Note: using Xubuntu and xfce) No spell correction. Cannot tailor notification sounds. No voice calls, no video calls. "They're coming". Often slows down by end of day (desktop product) and has to be killed and restarted.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

It's ownership. We don;t trust Facebook a bit.

Response from COING

Hi Nigel, Thank you for your review! Kindly note that we've added one-on-one phone and video calls to our app and are currently working on group calls. The ability to customize notification sound will also be available in the future. And if you are experiencing any performance issues feel free to reach out to our support team at support@pumble.com. Cheers!

Charbel

Professionalism

Pumble is a formal and well organized software that help the company to communicate easily and remotely.|

Pros

Pumble is a time management software with lots of features.

Cons

Some of the design sometime make the users eyes tiered.

Reasons for choosing Pumble

I think Pumble has a high potential for the future.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

I think Pumble has a high potential for the future.

December 2021

Glad we made the switch from Slack

Pros

We’ve been using Pumble since it launched. Our team is amazed at how responsive their support team is. They’re continuously updating the software, and they really take on customer feedback. This was VERY important to us. We’re pleased to have such a great Slack alternative for less $. We transitioned from their Free plan, to Pro, and now finally to Server.

Cons

There were a few teething issues in the very beginning that have since been resolved.

Carles

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good but need som development

We are a small new architecture office and were looking for a software to communicate with each other.The team members move from one working site to another an to the office so hardly ever we coincide fiscally together. In our search of a project manager software we found "Clockify". A free tool to count the time each member of the team spends in a task/project to manage schedules, reviews, commissions and death-lines. The fantastic experience that this software gave us make us try Pumble, which mostly covers our needs. Would be great if "Clockify" and "Pumble" could synchronize together. I like that are two different tools though.

Pros

- FOR FREE: It is a very good tool to communicate with the other members of the team, share files and ideas, - The tool is present in all main platforms: Windows, OSX, IOS, Android.

Cons

It is quite new so they need some development to catch up! Couldn't find how to make video calls through the web application, I would not like to install the app.

Tarun

Limited Feature

Not satisfying, I choose pumble because i thought it has many feature and it's free. But the moment i installed, it asked me to Join/create workspace i did and i am limited to chat feature only. No calls, no screenshare, no recording, consume much internet bandwidth.

Pros

1. Performance 2. It's free 3. Similar to Slack 4. Collaboration can be done easily

Cons

1. Have very limited feature for private workspace 2. Don't have calling and screen sharing option,, still using google meet for this 3. If your communication is too long,, ( your chat history) then it takes too much time to load your chat 4. Consumes too much internet bandwidth

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Because i thought it was free

Pumble Review

The software does what it's supposed to do. Nothing much to say about it outside of the fact.

Pros

A good tool for fast file sharing and communication among team members. Con: delayed notifications.

Cons

Lag issues. Software takes forever to start after rebooting my machine.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Pumble was a better option for us.

Response from Pumble

Hi there, thank you for your review! Sorry to hear about lag issues. Please reach us at support@pumble.com so we can investigate this further with you. Best regards,

Replied February 2022

Paulo Alves

Industry: Architecture & Planning

February 2022

Fantastic, but needs some tweaking

Pros

It's free and easy to understand. No difficulty for all our team members

Cons

lack of tools for integration with other services. As well as lack of video calls or group calls

Response from COING

Hi Paulo, Thank you for your review! Kindly note that we've added one-on-one phone and video calls to our app and are currently working on group calls. Cheers!

POV for Pumble

Excellent

Pros

I like how pumble let's us personalize our current status.

Cons

It sometimes crashes and does not open quickly.

Reasons for switching to Pumble

Cause slack doesn't have features that allow us to view message history

Response from COING

Hi there, Thank you for your review! Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@pumble.com if you are still experiencing crashes with the app and the team will help troubleshoot the issue with you. Cheers!

Replied August 2022