• Pros

• "What I enjoy the most about this product is that is very user friendly. The interface is easy to maneuver around. "

• "The biggest pro for us was it's simple. Easy to use. Rolled it out to the floor in just a week and only a single training. We loved it's usability. "

• "I like that the software is so simple and helpful. Shoretel really does make my job easier when I need to make a call."

• Cons

• "the telephones hadware are not bad, but some often got issues and from tenth that we buy always one have an issue"

• "They have less system integrations than other companies on the market, but overall a great system nonetheless "

• "No issues in general. It really delivers asa promised. Little glitches here and there but nothing substantial. "

Browse Mitel Reviews

Julie from Bricker & Eckler LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Everything I need.

I'd say we've had a seamless integration of ShortTel at our firm. I love the added features and how easy they are to use. Fits very well in my day-to-day operations.

Pros

Our company switched to ShoreTel a few years ago, and I've noticed a significant difference in how I use my phone and voice services. The desktop application makes it extremely easy to track missed calls, know the status of people I'm trying to get a hold of, and forward any calls when I'm out of the office.

Cons

Only one complaint - when voicemails get sent to my email, I have to listen to them through my external phone speakers instead of the earpiece. Sometimes I get confidential calls, so I can't be discreet about checking my messages.

Chase from Logical Position

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

From the perspective of a Call Center Quality Assurance Specialist.

If you are a business who is not concerned about Quality Assurance for their call center, or if cost is an immediate issue, then this is a great, affordable option for you with some awesome features (silent monitor, silent coaching, call barging) that some other business VOIP systems don't allow/offer (note: costs may be an issue right away, but it can be more costly to have to switch your businesses entire VOIP system later). If you're concerned about the quality of your customer service or sales reps for your call center, or plan to grow big enough to have the need for a Quality Assurance department, it would be wise to look into other options that will streamline that department and work in tandem with your customer service/sales telephony system.

Pros

This product has a lot of great features that make it worthwhile to businesses: - the lowest price on the market (they guarantee the lowest price for their service) - option to "barge" calls (3-way the call without being transferred in) - option to silent monitor reps (monitor the reps with your phone on mute) - option to silent coach reps (talk to or coach your reps without the customer hearing) - see who is not on the phone, on a call, or has their phone set to do not disturb/busy/etc.

Cons

Mono recordings for calls; this is especially limiting for my job function (Call Center Quality Assurance), as to transcribe conversations you need dual stereo recordings to be able to differentiate your customer service rep from the consumer/customer. It is also such an old platform that it's difficult to find any 3rd Party Quality Assurance programs that are compatible with daily monitoring of our businesses customer service/sales reps.

chris from Rash Curtis & Associates

Solid Phones & Sturdy products

I like that they are up to date on technology. I like the dial from keyboard function rather than dialing phone numbers all day. We have had many vendors, Shoretel/Mitel products have outlasted most other hardwares if not all.

Pros

I have used Shoretel/Mitel for 10 years now, i have been using the same phone since implementation. These are sturdy and well put together phones.

Cons

The initial sales rep was kind of a shark. Needless to say he is no longer doing sales for shoretel. Shoretlel did the right thing and made good on his promises.

Reasons for Choosing Mitel

Newer Voip technology and PC integration as well as we had a manager with experience that loved the system.

May 2015

Natalie from Ronald McDonald House New York

Industry: Philanthropy

May 2015

Shoretel truly makes the communication process easier

Pros

I rarely actually use my voicemail, but I understand that it's a necessary part of doing business with some. I appreciate that when I'm on the go, Shoretel's transcription allows me to still read voicemails, and the IM function is so necessary for intra-office communication. I love that I can access my voicemails via email and I never have to call in!

Cons

I think Shoretel could benefit from a few more user-friendly benefits like recording of chats. Once the window closes, it's gone. However, at its core, what it does best is the availability of voicemail across other platforms. That happens very well. Also, I think that the interface that allows you to switch between the functions (calls, IMs, etc.) could be a little better organized. I've had complaints from colleagues that have been unable to figure out how to add contacts. When they try to set it up, they end up accidentally calling people.

Jeff from Community Bank and Trust of Florida

Enterprise class VOIP phone system at a much lower cost than competitors

We needed a VOIP system that was powerful, yet easy to setup and use without having to hire someone full time to operate it. ShoreTel gave us exactly that and now with over 350 phones, we rarely ever have any issues.

Pros

Although its a hardware and software VOIP telephone system, the software is extremely powerful and flexible, yet very easy to setup and use. Once it's programmed, it simply works. There are a lot of hardware options when selecting phones and enterprise required devices that making simple connections to remote offices and mobile users possible. You will also notice Mitel has acquired ShoreTel, but same high quality software and hardware support available.

Cons

Tech support is great, but extremely expensive and only available through VAR's or primary vendor you purchased hardware through. Trade off is that if not too complex of implementation, instruction manuals provided make for fairly easy install and setup.

Reasons for Choosing Mitel

East of implementation, hardware components available, features available, including ability to have multiple 50's and 90's controllers at remote office for redundancy.

Shae from nFocus Solutions

Complex Implementation - Low Key Day-to-Day Maintenance

Pros

We were lacking quite a bit with our prior phone system. So the transition to shoretel was much needed. I was involved with the RFP and pricing discussion with a multitude of vendors. In all cases, Shoretel offered the greatest amount of features, including integration with our CRM (Dynamics) all while having the lowest price point. As the Director of HR, I am able to act as system admin with zero technical background, which is also greatly appreciated.

Cons

Reporting analytics are limited. Requires integration with third-party product to get the analytics we prefer. That being said, we dive more into our call details as we are a call center and execute performance metrics at the agent-level based on said data.

William from Sullivan University System

Shoretel Communicator: Making Communication Easy

Shoretel has really helped to streamline and make our communication efforts more effective. I rarely type in anyone's phone number; I simply look them up in the system or reference my saved contacts.

Pros

I like the line redirection feature the most. You can configure and redirect your line to your mobile phone with one click, which is great and convenient for remote or offsite days. I also like the messaging feature because not everyone in my company uses Skype, but most everyone uses Shoretel. Shoretel also replaced all of our physical phone directory sheets, which is a nice step into the 21st century.

Cons

The call history feature doesn't always update in real time. I've seen instances of a missed call not showing up immediately in my call history, making it impossible to promptly return the missed call.

Robert from NMSBVI

ShoreTel/Mitel

We've been customers for over 10 years. It is a very stable and scalable platform.

Pros

This is a great VOIP system. The software is easy to configure and the phones work great. The platform runs without much need for interaction.

Cons

Support costs and partnership fees can be very expensive. However, the system just works, and doesn't require a lot of maintenance.

Reasons for Choosing Mitel

Ease of use, Cost and scalability

Michael from Getronics

A Great Cisco Alternative

Cisco Agent didn't do enough for us, so we decided to use ShoreTel. Great change, you can type names and extensions straight into the softphone and instantly dial anyone.

Pros

Easy to use, great management of devices, users, and admin. Easy dialing, ShoreTel phones can also take a BEATING.

Cons

The software could be a little cleaner on the side. The UI needs a bit of a change, especially the back end which just looks old.

Mark from Hastings Mutual

Works great!

Pros

I like how you have a GUI interface for dialing, answering, seeing call logs etc.. It is much nicer to navigate vs having to do that on the phone itself. I especially love the ability to setup call forwarding automatically. I am by no means a power user, and have only scratched the surface of the utility.

Cons

my only complaint, if i needed one, would be the GUI is a bit dated feeling and does not feel like a modern UI. However, it works great so I can overlook this!

Easy to Use Phone System and Cost Effective

Pros

I found this product to have a user-friendly interface when managing the phones in our organization. What I liked the most about the product is the ease in knowing which phone blocks are available for use, as well as the number of phone numbers available in that specific block. Additionally (unlike Cisco Call Manager) it shows the full phone number. This is VERY useful if you are forced to have different call blocks with different prefixes. Not to mention, the call communicator for each user was AMAZING. We could easily make calls to other extensions (or outside numbers) from our desktop using the communicator. Also, if you wanted to call someone in your organization, it will indicate if the person is available (green) or on a call (red). Also great for our call center that had a call queue available.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of that I liked least about the product. I think this is a very user friendly interface and we had no complaints when using.

Chris from Renewal

Great phone system and management tools

Great solution for dispersed call centers with complex organization. Enables us to manage the entire call process, but did not communicate well with our other data strategies.

Pros

Great all around flexible phone system, enables many of our trusted call center associated to work remotely and yet still be tied into the main platform. Great at capturing data.

Cons

Hard to pull the data out as the instance is localized inside our firewall, making it difficult to grant access to some but not all departments using the tool. Would have loved a better way to get the data out and leverage our BI rather than only have Brightmetrics to assess it.

September 2016

Mekesha from PreCash

September 2016

Contact center solution that is easy to use.

Pros

The product is very easy for supervisors or managers in your call center to use. You are able to manage several calls groups and CSR's easily by looking at one screen. Its very easy to add new agents using the contact center director. The agent toolbar is very easy to configure at the agents workstations as long as you know the IP address. You are able to easily move agents in and out of the contact center groups. The reports are easy to access, create, and modify to obtain the data that you need to analyze daily.

Cons

In order to do a required system upgrade the contact center had to be closed and we were a 24 hour call center at the time.

Michael from Robert Half Technology

I use ShoreTel Connect as our company's main method of communication for outside candidates/clients.

ShoreTel allows me to connect quickly and efficiently with candidates and colleagues.

Pros

ShoreTel Connect integrates seamlessly with our Salesforce databases, allowing me to quickly call candidates and clients by simply clicking the number on the screen. When making 100+ calls per day, this small quality of life assist is very welcome.

Cons

I have experienced some issues while attempting to use ShoreTel when not connected to our company's network. When connected via home/public Wi-Fi, there will be intermittent issues with maintaining a connection to ShoreTel.

Patty from Sightline Payments

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

My employer currently uses shoretel for our call center it works great for the most part

I get to do my job as a support agent without interuption for the most part, for a while we had alot of problems but now we seem to be doing good with no problems in the last couple of months.

Pros

usually on most days it works great, the call quality is good and their are no issues. i like the ease of use and it connects instantly. I like how it gives us options to break, without having to log out and the timer helps me know how long i have been on my break or lunch break,

Cons

sometimes we have issues with the phone still rings while we are still on a call with the customer and sometimes the customer cannot hear us when we are answering the phone and vice versa, the support people keep blaming it on our computers but it is clearly not our computers when we havent had these issues with our older system.

jamison from quorum

Industry: Information Services

This is easy to use, keeps record/history of phone calls and able to transfer dial as well.

You are able to go back and check your call history and check voicemail and see who it is versus calling and not knowing.

Pros

Pros: You are able to check call history, check your length of calls, run reports, check statistics, works well with the phone itself and virtual system (application) on the computer. Visual of who left voicemails and caller id.

Cons

Cons, If the virtual system to log in off ect. goes down it is cumbersome to use the phone to log in and out and check history.

Michelle from Lawley

Shoretel Phone

ShoreTel VoIP Phone System helps us get in contact with our partners and clients and makes my workday easier.

Pros

I forget which phone system provider we were with before but Shoretel is definitely much better! The phone has more features which helps me perform my work functions more efficiently.

Cons

I would like to be able to forward voicemails to my coworkers from the main voicemail screen. I don't think we have this function.

Great product!

Pros

I highly recommend this product. I use the Shore Tel phone system everyday and till now very satisfied with its performance. I like the ease of recording any incoming or outgoing calls. You get a copy of the recordings to your email as well. It got the caller id feature which is really helpful too.

Cons

None, Very satisfied with its functionality and performance.

DANIEL from SISA CONSULTORES

nice adquisition with shoretel ... mitel

is all about trust, for me this brand have my all trust, i know that nothing is perfecct, nothing is an bullet pruff but allways mitel support us fast and give us the answer that we want from

Pros

the easy of use, the flexible architecture of the solution and the surviving service aproach that they have.

Jean from Maila Networks

Telephony done right with all the bells and whistles

A well thought system and with phones that are made to last. The phones are ergonomic and with unique design.

Pros

Well designed product and made to last. The integration with all the other products, chat system, desktop and the different phone's models.

Cons

Needs a marketing plan for the rest of the world, not well know on latin america. Along with that not all the functions are in native language.

May 2016

Jay from Standard Office Systems

May 2016

Simply The Best

Pros

ShoreTel's TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) is the lowest in the industry, and part of that reason is because so many ShoreTel features come right out of the box. With other phone systems, you have to buy a different package or have to pay individually for features to be used. Not with ShoreTel. Also, I like the fact that ShoreTel is just a phone company. All of their R&D budget goes into making their system better, not just supporting what part of their product line is making the most revenue.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about ShoreTel. It is the best business phone system on the market, and I highly recommend it.

Rob from CS3

Our experience here has been very good. Such an upgrade from our last one!

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is how user friendly it is. Maybe its because what we had previously was so bad and old but this is a light and day difference!

Cons

I would say the thing I probably least like about the software is maybe the price. Its not the most expensive option out there but it isn't the cheapest. But overall we are very pleased

Jen from ARW Engineers

Industry: Civil Engineering

Telephone software that cost way more than it was worth.

This software was an upgrade to our previous system, so the functionality of being able to perform changes /additions/deletions on line through a browser was very helpful.

Pros

This was quite an upgrade from our previous telephone software, so many of the features are an upgrade from what we had before. The software that each employee uses on a daily basis for their individual phones is helpful. It gives you minimal information, but is helpful in connection with each user and desk phone.

Cons

As an administrator I do not feel like the software is user friendly. Half of the symbols that represent functions on the phone system, don't even make sense to me. I end up going through each and every "main menu" item to get to every sub menu item searching for what I need. The purchase of this type of phone system (and the subsequent software) would have been optimal maybe 3-5 years ago, but doesn't function exactly as was told to us by the sales team. We were quite interested in the instant message and conference features available on the software, only to find out that the instant message feature is separate and requires its own dedicated server and separate installation. The tele-conference features were out of date and are much better met with a software like GoTo Meeting.

Cory from Meridian One

Mitel Solutions

Pros

They offer a full suite of solutions depending on what type of business you are and your exact needs. We have used them for a software/hardware phone solution and have had great success with them.

Cons

Customer support is lagging at times but has gotten better. Integration hiccups occurred from the onset and tend to pop up randomly

Andrew from Clancy & Theys Construction Company

Makes Calling People a Breeze

I am able to work hands free when I'm on the phone now and can control everything from my computer. This is one of my favorite tools to use at work.

Pros

I don't have to use any numbers on the phone to call people, I can just bring it up on a computer, type in a name, and click call.

Cons

While it is easy to make calls, setting up the Tools and Settings can be confusing.

Sookhee from Finance One, Inc

Very good phone for office use

Pros

Easy to make a call using computer keyboard and never to reach out the phone itself. Also good to track all voice mail and phone history.

Cons

Many functions are hidden on the phone and you will need to learn how to use them using manual. Buying phone accessories like headset is not directly from ShoreTel but their third party dealer.

Easy to use phone management system

Pros

Phone software that allows us to integrate calls into our email and has been easy to use for even our least tech-savvy employees.

Cons

Updates time-to-time has been problematic, but I feel that maybe more due to our tech side vs software issues. If your system isn't set up in a conventional manner it could potentially cause headaches

Kate from iContact

I use Shoretel to make all of my inbound and outbound calls. This is helpful to track my efforts

-easy to make calls to clients

Pros

-easy to type in numbers to make calls (or paste in numbers) -easy reporting to see how many calls were made -FWD calls to cell phone is very handy when working remotely

Cons

-calls do not always FWD to cell (could this be a VPN issue? possibly) -voicemail sometimes plays on computer or calls cell (Inconsistent)

Rhett from Paycor

Great phone system

Great phone system and phones, we have been using them for a long time.

Pros

We have been using these phones and phone system for awhile. It is a vast improvement over our old phone system. They provide a lot of functionality.

Cons

It does seem like system issues take awhile to fix. It is easy to accidently press an incorrect button/function.

Scott from Dedicated Systems Inc

Connects to Everything!

Pretty easy initial setup - but can get quite technical and difficult the further you dive in to do substantial changes to how it connects to other programs and phones.

Pros

I love the fact the Shoretel will connect to just about everything. It goes through anything connected through a Microsoft product and can get all contact information you need to import.

Cons

It takes quite a bit of searching and setup to get into your Office products and personal cell phones to grab contacts to import. It also is not the easiest to utilize for user freindlyness when it comes to changing setting ie, call forwarding and away. Also doesn't send Caller ID information when forwarding calls.

Zak from Redacted

Constant problems, inconsistent reporting, terrible support

This is about Shoretel's new "Connect" system. We were on Shoretel Sky, and had no issues at all. We were told Shoretel Connect had better reporting and integration with our CRM. The switch from Sky to Connect was a nightmare and filled with issues. Four months after the transition and we still have issues pop up every week. As far as support, prior to 2016 Shoretel had one of the best support departments we had the pleasure of interacting with. Sometime during 2016, however, the hold times started getting longer and longer, and the support reps newer. The current hold time, we are experiencing, averages about 45 minutes.. just to get someone on the phone.

Pros

Pros: * It is fully cloud based * Ability to rent equipment so no excess inventory is required * they try... but fail

Cons

Cons: * inconsistent reporting/call history * long hold time for support and if the issue is complicated, it takes several days to get resolved * the datacenter / database backend is constantly breaking; causing issues logging in or getting the phone(s) to work at all * the mobility app (application on smartphone) is antiquated and constantly dropping * Price is extremely high compared to the poor quality of service received

Diane from Architectural Products of Virginia

Industry: Building Materials

ShoreTel is a great product

Ease of use and ability to contact employees without picking up my phone!

Pros

I love the ease of using ShoreTel from my computer screen. It makes it much easier to call other employees when I need help with something

Cons

There is nothing a I do not like about ShoreTel. It is very easy to use and I have not had any problems with it.

Riccardo from SITE

Great Phone System!!

Pros

This is a fantastic phone system for large or medium enterprise, very high quality and nice phones Good messaging system

Cons

Annual support can be expensive for the phone system Tons of add-ons, not an all-in-one price and you get everything, very fragmented in what you have to buy to make it a fully functioning system

Emily from CED

good phone software

Pros

visual voicemail, call queues, history, address book, I can copy and paste phone numbers from the web, easy to use

Cons

I use the softphone feature of this on VPN which can occasionally cause problems. Everytime I restart my vpn I have to restart the software, sometimes multiple times to get it to connect to the server

Kali from RB Sales

Not very user friendly

Pros

I like how you can customize groups within the system to be able to make transfers without the desk top phone. I unfortunately do not have a lot of other things that I like about this software.

Cons

This software could use a lot more user friendly options. To transfer using the online system you have to go through a series of 3-4 clicks, and if another call is coming in you have to wait for that to be transferred before you can transfer the call you have.

Melissa from Opportunities Inc.

Shortel

The different statuses help a lot because we dont have to take the time to leave out of office messages.

Pros

I like the ability to drag and drop when transferring calls to other employees within the organization.

Cons

I cannot see the original callers information when a voicemail is transferred to me from another employee.

LAWRENCE from Information Technology Strategy Associates

Good system

Once configured, the mitel system runs fine.

Pros

The mitel system is fairly simple to install It has a small foot print and has a very rich set of features.

Cons

The basic setup requires a good knowledge of phone systems. Simple tasks like setting a day and a night message are not simple click choices.

Kelsey from Rural Health Group, Inc.

Company Phone/IM Service

Pros

My company uses this software for our phone service and IM service. It is so nice to be able to instant message employees that are not in the same building.

Cons

No complaints here- I'm very happy with the functionality of this product. We will continue to use it in our company.

Tom from Little Giant Ladder Systems

No complaints, this is a good phone.

This phone has not damaged my hearing in any way, shape, or form.

Pros

Cons

The maximum volume level isn't as loud as I'd like, which makes it harder for old folks like me to hear things.

I love all of the different variables that comes with using ShoreTel Communicator

That is awesome and I would love to have it for home use.

Pros

The combination of PC and Phone is just awesome along with the different variables and easy to use features is a definite plus.

Cons

It would be nice to have this software for home use as well, but I believe its for business purposes only.

Mike from Curo Health Services

ShoreTel Customer Review

Overall ShoreTel has been a great product.

Pros

ShoreTel provides easy access and controls Call quality and clarity has been great Quite a few advanced functions

Cons

Some of the advanced admin features can be hard to find Compatibility with some wireless headsets Additional modes from the main screen

Chad from Little Giant Ladder Systems

Quality phone system with lots of features

Easy to use phone system.

Pros

This phone system is capable of doing lots of different things, so there's a learning curve but overall it's pretty easy and does it's job well.

Cons

To be honest it's just a phone system that does what it's supposed to do, so I can't say I dislike anything.

Mike from Curo Health Services

Absolutely Great

Pros

Our company uses Shortell and they are great. In all the years of using different providers they are hands down the best.

Cons

Some of the features are not rolled out to us. This is more of a corporate regulation but I’d like to be able to use all the functionality

Matthew from Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii

Industry: Philanthropy

Good phone system

Jennifer from Redtail Aviation

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

5 years of use

It's been 5 years since our company switched from an old PBX to VoIP and there were some difficult times during the transition, but overall it was the right decision. So many more features and it really connected our two locations and facilitated better communication.

Pros

Great features and great support options out there. Reliable and even if the internet is down it reverts back to analog lines so there is no interruption of service.

Cons

Obviously dependent on reliable internet. For a while our internet here was up and down constantly and it made our VoIP experience very poor. Hard to maintain in-house so we pay a certified dealer to handle our support.

Gurvinder from Pharmacyclics

Industry: Biotechnology

ShoreTel

Pros

The system does well when you only have to receive calls and listen to voicemail. However, system gets very complicated when you want to use it for advance features

Cons

My company has Shoretel, I was surprised to see how the system is not user friendly. Features like call forwarding can take time to setup. Even the phones are not easy to navigate...I have used much simpler phones with great features.

Jonas from Kaufman Hall

Makes Remote Work Easy

Pros

Easy to use VOIP software, makes working remotely simple. Seamless integration with a headset/microphone combo.

Cons

Interface is a little outdated looking and could use a UI facelift. Occasional issues with sound when using over VPN.

Adwin from WCCT Global

ShorTel, the product that does what it's supposed to.

Pros

Cons

Not sure if this is my work laptop itself but it takes a long time for it to load when I boot my computer.

If you need something to soley dial a number and track information, then Shoretel may be for you!

Pros

Shoretel is a very simple program, and gives you exactly what you need; integration with salesforce, easy dialing with a click, tracks the basics (length of a call, connects, outbound calls, inbound calls, and voicemails)

Cons

Shoretel crashed often (aka, once every two weeks) and the whole sales floor would have to stop calling, and sometimes it would miss calls.

Ethan from Little Giant Ladders

Shoretel is great! I love the software side that connects to my computer.

Quick and easy access to contacts and calls.The features are nice and I have not had any problems with it so far.

Pros

Shoretel software connects to my computer and all contacts are able to be saved, searched, and dialed right from my screen.