All MiVoice Business Solution Reviews

Bernard

Telecommunications, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2021

Excellent solution for legacy Mitel customers.

Kelsey

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Company Phone/IM Service

PROS

My company uses this software for our phone service and IM service. It is so nice to be able to instant message employees that are not in the same building.

CONS

No complaints here- I'm very happy with the functionality of this product. We will continue to use it in our company.

Reviewed June 2018

Easy to Use Phone System and Cost Effective

PROS

I found this product to have a user-friendly interface when managing the phones in our organization. What I liked the most about the product is the ease in knowing which phone blocks are available for use, as well as the number of phone numbers available in that specific block. Additionally (unlike Cisco Call Manager) it shows the full phone number. This is VERY useful if you are forced to have different call blocks with different prefixes. Not to mention, the call communicator for each user was AMAZING. We could easily make calls to other extensions (or outside numbers) from our desktop using the communicator. Also, if you wanted to call someone in your organization, it will indicate if the person is available (green) or on a call (red). Also great for our call center that had a call queue available.

CONS

Nothing that I could think of that I liked least about the product. I think this is a very user friendly interface and we had no complaints when using.

Kristin

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

MiTeam Meetings Review

MiTeam worked well for our video-based delivery solution. It allowed us to go from audio-only to a video-based platform which was part of our yearly department goal. It allowed us to connect "face-to-face" with our participants we rarely get to "see". This helped us to make a jump in our attendance and audience engagement which was also a department goal. We just missed the polling feature and the option to use on a mobile device.

PROS

When our team went from audio-based monthly webinars to video-based we took advantage of the MiCollab platform we already used and tried the MiTeam Meetings to deliver our monthly content. It allowed us to connect with over 50 people to deliver our monthly initiatives. It also allowed us to see different participants in the mulit-pane format and allowed for the multiple presenters to be front and center when delivering their own content. The chat feature was helpful for when we needed to keep participants muted but questions that arose could be addressed. With the use of Micollab we were able to send invites with the calendar integration which was efficient and easy for participants to access. The screen sharing feature was the most valuable for us as presenters used presentation slides to highlight their content.

CONS

We found that the MiTeam Meeting software lacked some functionality we were wanting to use on a regular basis. Polling was a feature we had used with the previous software and was not available with MiTeam. This was definitely a con for us. We use polling to gauge audience interest, knowledge and guide how some of the content will be delivered. This was definitely something we needed. We also found some obstacles with the calendar integration between MiCollab and MiTeam. It didn't always work seamlessly which was a point of frustration for our admin side of operations. We also found that not having mobile integration proved frustrating for some of our participants that needed to access the webinars via mobile device.

Reasons for switching to MiVoice Business Solution

We no longer were using that platform for our Instant Message, meeting platform or webinar delivery. Mitel was chosen to replace this.

Sookhee

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Very good phone for office use

PROS

Easy to make a call using computer keyboard and never to reach out the phone itself. Also good to track all voice mail and phone history.

CONS

Many functions are hidden on the phone and you will need to learn how to use them using manual. Buying phone accessories like headset is not directly from ShoreTel but their third party dealer.

Gurvinder

Biotechnology, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

ShoreTel

PROS

The system does well when you only have to receive calls and listen to voicemail. However, system gets very complicated when you want to use it for advance features

CONS

My company has Shoretel, I was surprised to see how the system is not user friendly. Features like call forwarding can take time to setup. Even the phones are not easy to navigate...I have used much simpler phones with great features.

Matt

Reviewed December 2017

I use shoretel alot and overall it works pretty well

PROS

There are a lot of great features for conferencing phone calls and have a simple to use call tree. Love the customization.

CONS

There are quite a few glitches that I experience. For example, I will go to put a call on hold and it will display an error. Eventually I can put the call on hold, but it can get frustrating if I have a customer waiting.

Talib

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

A great tool but some teething issues makes this a tool that has left us slightly disappointed

It's been a good experience but I wish it could have been better. We are now considering other options which is a shame

PROS

The integration was brilliant but the feature I like the best is the ability to call a number just by clicking on a phone number that has been recognised in Google Chrome by the Chrome extension. This is available either when searching through different webpages or even our CRM system which is accessed through Google Chrome.

CONS

I don't like that the software has so many issues with our other tools and VPN

Cam

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Great tool for around the office

PROS

I love all of the features that they make available. As an admin setup for new users is very straight forward.

CONS

I wish their video chat feature allowed for more than just Vidyo. Vidyo is an awful video chat system.

Ann M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Shoretel VOIP is the best business phone system I've used

PROS

It has all the features one could want, is easy to use, and even if you haven't used a feature in a while it basically teaches you again simply

CONS

It's internet based - which means if we lose internet or electricity our system is down. It happens a couple times a year. But it's the nature of using VOIP, not the system's fault

Asim Kumar

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Good software for communication

PROS

The voice quality and the features like conference, Call transfer, Call hold, Screen share

CONS

Very large app. The exe file is very big.

Jeff

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Enterprise class VOIP phone system at a much lower cost than competitors

We needed a VOIP system that was powerful, yet easy to setup and use without having to hire someone full time to operate it. ShoreTel gave us exactly that and now with over 350 phones, we rarely ever have any issues.

PROS

Although its a hardware and software VOIP telephone system, the software is extremely powerful and flexible, yet very easy to setup and use. Once it's programmed, it simply works. There are a lot of hardware options when selecting phones and enterprise required devices that making simple connections to remote offices and mobile users possible. You will also notice Mitel has acquired ShoreTel, but same high quality software and hardware support available.

CONS

Tech support is great, but extremely expensive and only available through VAR's or primary vendor you purchased hardware through. Trade off is that if not too complex of implementation, instruction manuals provided make for fairly easy install and setup.

Reason for choosing MiVoice Business Solution

East of implementation, hardware components available, features available, including ability to have multiple 50's and 90's controllers at remote office for redundancy.

Reasons for switching to MiVoice Business Solution

Branch connectivity with circuits was costing to much, therefor we needed a VOIP system across internet to reduce cost when we opened offices in multiple geographical areas and ShoreTel gave us just that.

April

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Mitel

The support team was very nice, but problems did not get solved quickly and problems happened often

PROS

Translation option and we liked the actual phones.

CONS

Needed to contact support often and they were not available often.

Reasons for switching to MiVoice Business Solution

Cox wasn't working to our satisfaction

Reviewed November 2017

I utilize ShoreTel Connect Cloud to manage my desk phone and voicemail.

Very few. It's biggest benefit to me is the "in a meeting" function so my ringer doesn't sound when I don't want it to. Otherwise, its lack of (working) functionality is frustrating to me and my staff. When we rely on ShoreTel, we're often let down. I would not recommend it, I'd prefer to use Avaya's cloud offering.

PROS

The ability to set states (in a meeting, vacation, available, etc) is the primary perk. I also like the ability to download voicemail files for record-keeping or forwarding to other ShoreTel users in my office.

CONS

The functionality of certain features is unstable. Call forwarding works with hit or miss accuracy. I've had issues with calls being forwarded, but are unanswerable once the other line rings. Additionally, the ease of use for many of the phone options are clunky. My phone has the color display, yet I have to use the numeric keypad to select features on and off like older legacy style phones. I'm also frustrated I get notified of voicemails in Outlook when off my network, but I'm unable to play the file from the cloud.

Timothy

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Decent Software with Potential

My overall experience with MiCollab has been decent. If a few features can be fixed, the product would be excellent. I would be very happy if the iPhone application would allow for calls to come in without it being open on my screen. Since I have been using the product for less than six months, I will continue to explore all the features it offers.

PROS

I liked the ease of use and user friendly interface the most. The controls are large and easy to see such as the number keyboard. I use MiCollab on my computer for telework during the pandemic. I also uses the application on my iPhone 8 which allows me to step away from my computer and still be able to take calls. The system is straight forward when answering, placing, and transferring calls. I also enjoy exploring new features when I have time.

CONS

I have experienced a number of problems when using MiCollab, particularly the app on my iPhone 8. To be fair, I’m not sure if this is related to the software on my implementation of it though. I will not be alerted to incoming calls unless I have the app open on my phone. Additionally, calls sometimes come through late and I will be unable to answer the call in time. These problems ,while frustrating, are thankfully rare and avoidable as long as I keep the application open.

Jake

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Great theoretical functionality that tends to not live up to the hype

PROS

I like that it integrates with Salesforce and the click to dial functionality is awesome. It allows for easy dialing without the worry of mis-clicking the wrong number. I also like that it ties a call to a contact and case and allows you to easily take notes while you're on the phone.

CONS

The biggest problem with this software is that it's very unreliable. Call notes regularly get lost. Calls won't attach to cases and the notes will get deleted. I also don't like that there is no way to handle extensions.

Robert

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2019

ShoreTel/Mitel

We've been customers for over 10 years. It is a very stable and scalable platform.

PROS

This is a great VOIP system. The software is easy to configure and the phones work great. The platform runs without much need for interaction.

CONS

Support costs and partnership fees can be very expensive. However, the system just works, and doesn't require a lot of maintenance.

Reason for choosing MiVoice Business Solution

Ease of use, Cost and scalability

Reasons for switching to MiVoice Business Solution

need to replace older PBX, and switched to VoIP. Mitel has since bought Shoretel.

jamison

Information Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2018

This is easy to use, keeps record/history of phone calls and able to transfer dial as well.

You are able to go back and check your call history and check voicemail and see who it is versus calling and not knowing.

PROS

Pros: You are able to check call history, check your length of calls, run reports, check statistics, works well with the phone itself and virtual system (application) on the computer. Visual of who left voicemails and caller id.

CONS

Cons, If the virtual system to log in off ect. goes down it is cumbersome to use the phone to log in and out and check history.

Reviewed December 2018

CS Manager

PROS

I'm able to see which of my CS agents are logged in and available to take calls, as well as sign them out of the system if they're away from their desk. The analytics are really powerful and allow me to schedule lunches and breaks according to when our slow times occur throughout the day.

CONS

The reporting could be more up-to-date. Looking at the average call times is usually 15 minutes behind.

Alyssa