All Skype Reviews

el mahdi

Information Services, 1 employee

Fast and Practical Communication

Skype is an excellent and easy-to-use chat program that I recommend to anyone looking for a remote meeting coordinator, supports a wide range of operating systems

PROS

Skype is a special program with a lot of features such as: - All versions are free - Easy to download and use - Good quality of chatting and messaging, easy and practical - The program has a high level of security - Old messages can be accessed even after 3 years

CONS

In order to excel, it would be good to pay attention to some details, for example: - A clear change in the quality of services after Microsoft included Skype - Video conferencing can include 100 people, but when it exceeds 20, the quality of sound and image decreases and the program malfunctions a little

Reason for choosing Skype

Good quality of chatting and messaging, easy and practical

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Great for IMs but not for heavy conferencing

Out of all the alternatives we tested, Skype offers the best balance of usability and features. Other apps are simply heavy and overkill for what we need. It's light, fast, and easy to use. Skype has become our top choice for IMs & quick video calls!

PROS

1) "Join via link" feature for hosting calls works effortlessly and excellently. 2) Love the simple & clean interface, and its consistency across different devices. 3) Uncluttered dialer with ultra-fast contact recognition. 4) The "Moderated Group Chats" feature are superbly helpful for big organizations. 5) Their custom emojis are just iconic, distinctive, and has more personality!

CONS

1) Screensharing is hit-and-miss. Oftentimes the shared screen is grainy and severely lagging despite the stable gigabit connection. 2) Calls get canceled out when dual-dialed (both parties try to call each other at the same time). 3) Can't get it to integrate well with most calendar apps. 4) Skype-to-Phone feature doesn't work with most local numbers despite having them under the same region of our subscription. 5) Text search feature is cripplingly weak and slow to match results. 6) Media manager needs fixing - previously shared files end up corrupted and unretrievable at times.

Reason for choosing Skype

Skype generally offers a more consistent cross-platform experience across different devices.

Reasons for switching to Skype

1) Skype is easier to roll out overall. 2) Skype is lighter on system resources. 3) We found the least software friction and learning curve from our end users with Skype. It's so easy to use that everyone instinctively "gets it" at a glance! 4) Bonus: Our Microsoft Office 365 subscription comes with Skype call credits.

Roberto

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

We are migrating to Slack

Great but some features could be improved

PROS

We have been using Skype since before COVID, one thing I really like is the confirmation messages, showing that the other party already reviewed your message. Overall, it was a great asset during our work from home phase, but since then our company introduced us to Slack. Nevertheless, Skype is still in use by some teams inside our company for internal communication platform. We use the most of embedded options, like short text message, direct conversations, conferences and video chats.

CONS

But the main issue is that regardless how great your bandwidth is (you could have up to 1GBPS) and you'll still have connexion issues, making the reliability of the app quite low compared to others like Slack.

Siddharth

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Easiest communicator for office teams

Excellent to use, easy and user experience is great.

PROS

Ease of installation / Online web version availability. Ease of usage. Simple chat / group chat creation

CONS

Phone calling rates are high. The installed version logs off sometimes without notice.

Kinna Darlene

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Great for most applications!

Skype was easy to use and is not expensive. We really saw benefits from the video conferencing and screen sharing features. We even used Skype to train new employees. For most applications this is a great program and I would recommend it to anyone as long as they don't need more than 50-100 participants while conferencing.

PROS

Skype is low cost, easy to use no matter what type of device you're on, several helpful features for presentations or conferencing, and you can easily use it with other software. I do enjoy using Skype and it is easy to navigate.

CONS

The main con is that while the audio is usually clear, white noise or background noise often causes problems. Its not clear what the solution is and it's hard to contact customer support. Another con is that if you're a large group or company and need to include more than 50 or so participants it can be difficult and I believe it only allows 100 participants total.

Reasons for switching to Skype

Zoom did not work for us. We actually started with Skype and switched to zoom but then switched back for a period.

Robert

Computer Software, 1 employee

Essential of communication

Skype is the best for regular meetings.

PROS

Skype is free for online meetings. I have not felt any limitations in regular meetings. I can call my friends without the need to send a link to them. It supports texting out of the meetings. A user can send images and files during a meeting and out of it. I can record my meeting easily. I can call telephone numbers at a low cost with my number. In video calls, backgrounds work very well.

CONS

Transcription is good, but it still needs more improvement. Sometimes a video of meetings is choppy. You don't have any control over the microphone or camera of the other party when you call them.

Reasons for switching to Skype

I still sometimes use google meet. But the main reason for switching from Google meet to skype is that, for skype meetings, I do not need to send a link to the other party.

1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2022

A good software for communication

The experience with skype is still good. It is an indispensable software in the world of communication.

PROS

Skype is a software widely used by businesses and individuals. It is free to use and it helps to create a culture of team communication. In addidtion, this is a great tool to use for remote workers, telecommuters and anyone who wants to talk on camera without having to set up a full-blown studio. It is also useful for organizing calls and sharing ecards.

CONS

Sype is a great tool. The only problem I have with it is that it takes too long to solve a problem in many other areas. But you have to admit that it does in the end.

Reason for choosing Skype

I greatly appreciate the interaction this software creates through its many features to get in touch with each other when we have questions about work or updates.

Enmanuel

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2022

Very good option.

Skype helps me keep up with my team without the need to be physically present; streamline the information.

PROS

What I like the most is how the Software flows, it is pleasing to the eye and to the ear, it is not annoying, it is dynamic and versatile, comprehensive and modern.

CONS

It should be able to be configured more according to taste. But it is excellent software.

Reasons for switching to Skype

Skype is an option with more features, which makes work more professional.

Chibuike

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

My Skype Experience and Review

PROS

I love the interface a lot. I think Skype and all its customizations. I also think most companies are under-rating Skype for their business needs.

CONS

I haven't seen any reason not to like it apart from the fact of its unpopularity.

Reason for choosing Skype

We chose Skype over Goto Meeting because of its advanced features and ease of use to connect.

Veronica Benedetta

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

So long and thanks for all the fish Skype!

it used to be great but now there are many more features in new gen softwares

PROS

Childhood memories, it was the one and only way to communicate with family abroad

CONS

Now it's going end of life and other softwares are taking its place

Caleb

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Simple & Affordable Tool

Overall, it's a good experience. The customer service is not bad but not great either. I've tried to get in a touch over a couple issues, which takes a while.

PROS

It's really easy to use. It can be accessed by multiple people logging into the Skype account. It's also pretty affordable.

CONS

I don't like the phone number ID when we text customers. Rather than use the phone number, i shows a strange title like "livecid9e", so it looks like a bit like a scam.

Reason for choosing Skype

bOnline was a bad experience. The on-boarding journey was terrible. They took the correct bank details for free my trial, but they entered incorrect account details for me. This took several days to correct. When the customer service contacted me about using the software, they ran out of time twice. So I never got to properly use the service. 3CX is not a product fit for me. They sell to businesses who white-label and turn around to provide the service. I contacted 3CX because this part of their business wasn't clear. They said they'd put me in touch a provider, but this provider never contacted me.

József

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Very Simple Skype Review

There has not been a single day in the last 2 years, where an online meeting has been hold and Skype is not used. Skype is a very powerful software, and majority of the organizations, shcools, companies, everyone need to learn to keep up with this age. In the previous years remote jobs have become very popular with particular regard to the Covid-19 pandemic. Skype has been simple, and most effective - there is no doubt it saved many lives by letting people worldwide to get in touch with each other via online. Overall this software is indispensable and very much indeed practical to the everyday life.

PROS

All my co-workers use Skype for online meetings and conferences and for business negotiations. I love that I can easily call people and receive calls. I personally find the screenshare option remarkably useful, espeically when I have to hold presentations or teaching online. It is quite easy to search for people and also tremendously practical for making a call abroad.

CONS

As with all technology there are a few drawbacks. I think some of the functions have the potential to be more user friendly. Inserting a video could be easier to do. Currently there are some bugs where the screen gets frozen during online meetings. It has to be mentioned that, controlling other devices is still impossible, but would be handy when it come to train my new co-workers or in case of attending at an IT course.

Javier

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Skype is still good but needs improvement

Old school Skype user, at least 11 years, so I have been the evolution of the platform. Of course after the pandemic, Zoom is the app who took the leadership of video conferencing , and Skype has been relegated. Video recordings are difficult to start / stop and the quality is very bad. I used to use a software called Skype Call Recorder by a third party company but latest updates cut the compatibility. Not being able to record a call makes you think twice about using Skype or another platform. There is a stigma attached to Skype since it was bought by Microsoft. Users feel that their priority is to develop Teams, so they don't feel confident enough of the quality and stability of the platform, and that affects the decision to buy a plan or the whole 365 Office subscription.

PROS

Old school video conference software. The brand itself it's easy to identify for old generations and make it easy for them to relate the brand with online video call and video conferencing. Since I have an old account, I still have the option to make a meeting with several users for an unlimited time. The NDI integration is great if you want to bring a Skype interview to streaming platforms like Ecamm or OBS, however, it takes a lot of resources, so you better have a good computer to handle all that.

CONS

After the pandemic hit, Zoom took the leadership by offering a lighter, resources friendly and more reliable platform with better results in terms of video quality and stability. I don't feel that Skype evolved successfully in this new era by not adapting their product to the new needs and demands.

Tabrez

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Great software for video calls and conference.

As a Line-3 IT support engineer, I use Skype all day to resolve the issues of my clients. I have been using Skype for free for more than 10 years.

PROS

It is very easy to use. Most companies in the world are using Skype for daily review meetings, client meetings, and web conferences. VOIP quality is one of the best in the world. Furthermore, Skype can be embedded into a webpage. HD Video quality is outstanding and also screen and file-sharing features are fantastic.

CONS

Sometimes connections are dropped and I need to reconnect the ongoing calls

Reasons for switching to Skype

GoToMeeting has some performance issues.

Robert

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Great for group chats and unlimited calls

I use 2 versions of Skype, the mobile version and the desktop version, what I like about both versions is that they have the option to use a dark mode, which makes it more comfortable on the eyes and allows me to spend more time without damaging my eyes , the notifications are unobtrusive and it allows me to set my status to available or busy, this is very useful when I'm on my pc and I don't want any interruptions.

PROS

I have used Skype for many years, perhaps many don’t use it, but personally I think it is a great software, it is stable, it allows you to create groups, put a name and a certain image to the group and add contacts by email or by username , Skype offers several useful tools to make communication more interactive, something I like is that it allows me to share the screen, and make unlimited calls to conventional numbers for a very low rate.

CONS

Skype is excellent for calls and chat, the only thing I've had problems with is video calls, you need a good connection to be stable and fluid, otherwise it may show some lags.

Handel

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

A fall from its glory days

Skype is useful because its free and available on most devices - extremely easy to use and responsive. However, when you want to add more functionality to skype, such as group conference calls, file sharing, screen sharing, and invite links, skype lacks power in these areas. That is because skype is managed by a multi billion empire that doesnt really need its functionality for revenue.

PROS

Skype started out as the first of its kind - the first video conferencing tool, instant messaging tool, and audio calling tool all in one. Skype really paved the way, and has managed to keep up a bit. But their success was their downfall - they didnt innovate, nor did they add features and stability fixes. Microsoft is impossible with tech support. Skype is good for what it is - a simple instant messaging or video call between 2 people. Anything more than that and it is not an efficient tool.

CONS

Skype lacks the ability to invite non skype users to a call. The screen sharing is buggy and low resolution. Calls can drop or not work for a variety of reasons that will never be explained. Tech support is non existent. Audio quality drops drastically when low bandwidth. Skype is doing too many things in the background.

Muhammad

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Skype

It is the best platform to use for online meetings, and conferences as it is much more secure than other platforms It provides us the facility to share the screen with clients and other team members. It provides the smooth connection without any hurdle

PROS

Easy to use More convenient Provide smooth connection Screen Sharing option available

CONS

Use a high-quality internet Connection It offers no access to emergency services Language translation services are not available

Reasons for switching to Skype

It provides more features than skype

Anjali

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Great tool for small business communication.

PROS

Great tool for chatting, conferance and video calling. User-interface is very good. There is support multiple OS. Share is easy be it screen and document.

CONS

Sometimes more then call cutting and voice breaking while connect more then 5 user.

Fabian