All Peek Pro Reviews

Jeffrey

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2020

Sleek customization + ease of use

Hallie

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great fit for our small rental & shuttle operation. Huge time-saver, very happy.

As mentioned above, we are saving a LOT of time answering fewer phone calls regarding booking kayak trips or questions about the kayak trips. The automated emails also help make sure that people don't miss their reservation, and they get a reminder of things they should bring and what time they need to be there, and we don't need to put in any extra work to make this happen. I put a lot of time into the initial set-up, but that was expected. It's very easy to use. I haven't had to call for support, but I would expect them to be very helpful if needed. Also, there is ultimately not much cost to do this. Peek charges a percentage on each booking (currently 6% i think), which most operators, including ourselves, add as a booking fee to the customer (which is pretty typical nowadays, so I don't have an issue with it). There was no additional set-up fee. I'm very happy. I was worried about how to integrate into Quickbooks on the accounting-side, but I've figured out some methods to enter the Peek sales that aren't very complicated.

PROS

Peek Pro has allowed us to easily add our reservations to our website, allowing customers to see what's available and book online. We can edit the schedule as needed, and the best part is the reduced call volume in our otherwise busy retail shop. Rentals and shuttles are a small part of our business, so we needed to streamline the amount of time it takes to manage it. Peek has helped tremendously! There is a lot of capability to the system, and you may have to find a few work-arounds to best suit your business, but all-in-all, I've been really impressed with the capabilities. The software helps us avoid over-booking, and it also automatically sends customized emails to remind people when and where they need to be. So helpful! The support team for set-up were very thorough and helpful as well. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to do most everything yourself, but the support team will help get everything set-up initially, which is really nice. They have options of how to set up different types of operations, so it's good to have someone to work with.

CONS

No major complaints yet. Make sure you check through the email settings before you start using it, we had a few default emails that were still auto-sending that we should have customized sooner than we did, and I overlooked that they were sending out. There are a few small things I'd like to see updated eventually, like being able to customize and/or remove payment types (remove cash, for example), and also I'd like some more complex options for programming discount codes.

Hi Hallie! Thanks so much for writing this detailed review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you, and we're so glad we've been able to streamline your business and save you time !

Replied July 2019

Melinda

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

My Business is sooo much better because of Peek Pro!

My overall experience has been amazing and super positive. [sensitive content hidden] helped me sign up and on board with Peek Pro. They were professional, detailed, organized and efficient. The times that I had video calls with them were super helpful and informative! I recommend them for their amazing customer service.

PROS

Sooooo... I really really really needed Peek Pro. I found out about this software about 3 weeks ago and I am in my 3rd summer season of renting paddle boards and kayaks at my local lake. I was having to manually double book customers with my website. It took forever and I often forgot a booking or two during the busy weeks. Opps! That will never happen again with Peek. I am booking more rental than ever and now people are finding where I launch from without having to call me confused!

CONS

There are a few things that I would change because my business is not a traditional one. I run and operate my own business so having set hours is a challenge for me. I wish that I could make changes to my schedule weekly without having to make a whole new season. I would like to be able to add a rental during my non-open times if I want since it is my schedule. I would like to change my equipment available much easier than many clicks. This is me just being detailed! Make some updates, but seriously, my life has changed for the better because of this program. I recommend it for anyone in my field.

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

You all found me. The differences were not big enough to make me want to reach out the the other company. Also, Peek Pro's widgets look way more professional in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

Peek Pro can double and triple book based on my equipment available and Square's booking system is not that intelligent. :(

Dennis

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Overall Good Product

PROS

Ease of product setup. Overall functionality of the software.

CONS

Multiple excursions booked across multiple days with only show up on the calendar on the very first day of the booking. It would not show up for the rest of the days which often led to overbooking.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

The overall software just seemed not as advanced and the user interface was not as user friendly

Hi Dennis! Happy to hear you got great results on your first day using our features, our product feed widget is great for that! We can't wait to hear more.

Replied April 2024

Patrick

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2024

Customer Support is nonexistent

It started great. Rep was friendly and professional. Onboarding was rushed, because Christmas was coming. I wasn’t ready, but they really pushed. They installed it in a part of my site, unrelated to the tours. Onboarding department the went on Christmas break. No one on duty. On January 3, I got an email that the onboarding support was over. I found that the booking links did not work on a mobile form. Customer support is useless. They only send me technical jargon to give to my web designer. They refuse to address the issues with their product. I started this project enthused and excited. I have spent dozens of hours creating landing pages. All a massive waste of time. I feel ripped off, and ignored by peek

CONS

Nothing. Big promises. Absolutely no support.

Hi Patrick, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're truly sorry to hear about the challenges you've encountered with Peek Pro. Our team is dedicated to providing a seamless experience, and we take your concerns seriously. We'd like to investigate this issue further to understand how we can improve. Please reach out to us directly through Helpdeck Chat or support @peek.com so we can address your specific issues and work towards a resolution. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're committed to ensuring a positive experience for all our users.

Replied April 2024

Carrie

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Peek Pro was a game changer for our business!

Peek Pro has made my life easier. All of our bookings are in one place but divided by date. I can see who has paid or where they are on payments or if they have only given a deposit. Customers get automatic text and emails now which is saving me a ton of time. They helped me set up a promo code which was a wonderful addition. I feel our website looks more professional and things are easier for me to manage now!

PROS

I LOVED all the support from Peek Pro. They gathered my information and started everything for me. We would have zoom calls (which they recorded for me) and they would make any changes I wanted and help me learn how to do things myself. They were very easy to work with and even found a "work around" for something that I requested that wasn't in the normal way of doing things. They made sure I liked the visuals, that the information was correct, they were always asking if I wanted anything added or changed. They would give suggestions...just overall made this so easy for me. They even made sure I understood how things would work if someone cancelled a booking and I needed to refund them money. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and feel this is a big win for our business!

CONS

I don't have any cons at this time, things have been great.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

I wanted more payment options....deposits, credit cards, International sales, payment plans.I wanted automatic texts and emails to customers. I wanted the gift card option.

Casey

Peek Pro for a Treck and Hikeing company

PROS

It was incredibly easy to use program with an awesome onboarding team. we where up and running in 2 weeks!! This software saves takes the headache out of scheduling. From a built in texting, emailing, and payment processing.

CONS

As with any software that is mostly pre packaged the amount of customization can feel limiting, but in the end was way more robust than I first expected.

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

the services provided like the texting service, as well as the design elements made me fell like Peek Pro would be the better option for us.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

A truly turn-key product!

PROS

The Peek Pro integration team is outstanding. They set up everything based on our needs and make changes as requested.

CONS

No cons at this time, this is our second business integration of the Peek Pro platform.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

We had both products for a year and with out a doubt, Peek was superior to the alternative.

Mario

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Switching from FareHarbor was Easy!

Great experience and we look forward to working with Peek now and into the future.

PROS

Them attention to detail by the Peek Pro team was impressive. Every business is different, and for us it was all about rentals. Peek's team took the time to understand our business and gave us plenty of opportunities to provide feedback along the way of our transition from FareHarbor to Peek.

CONS

Every business struggles with major transitions. For Peek that showed up in the login process, where their "old" Peek PRO 6 interface can easily be confused for their "new" Peek PRO 7 interface. They should continue to work on cleaning this up, as issues arise from confusing the two. I'm sure they will.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

Peek provides a better solution for our particular business type - sporting equipment rentals.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Streamlined booking system

Peek PRO leaves me confident that I have the tools, support and right system to impress potential customers and increase booking volume.

PROS

Love the customer interfaces and customization options. The booking flow widgets are also really great.

CONS

So far so good, but I do wish there was integration with MailChimp. Also a few minor fixes or features I would change to improve user experience.

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

The customer booking interface was more modern/engaging and I felt like Peek’s clients were more similar to my business.

Fritz

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

New user

awesome! great simple yet sophisticated software, and great customer service

PROS

The booking flow is extremely straightforward, and simple for the user. They are pretty much prohibited from making mistakes, and the interface is clean and not messy. For a new user, the setup team was fantastic and I didn't have to lift a finger, other than learn how to use the product. I was pulled in a million different directions at the time but they are patient and very nice and understanding

CONS

I would prefer that the customer had to read through the rental waiver first and sign it before they did the booking

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

I did not have a great experience talking with other reps, but Peek was fantastic

Leo

Retail, 2-10 employees

Simple Bicycle rental platform

Peek Pro basically set it up behind sense. Not much for me to till the onboarding and learning part. Everything was expanded and understandable. Our onboarding person kept on us during the two week process to double check and triple check that we were comfortable this it all.

PROS

Simplicity, designed with our exact needs.

CONS

There is not much to not like. Maybe not have a direct account manager, but it hasn't been a big issue.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

Simplicity and wavier forms was the biggest reason to switch.

Don

Great People To Work With

[sensitive content hidden] were the best.!! Answered all questions Fixed whatever we felt needed fixing. Excellent follow up

PROS

Customer service was excellent during the set up

CONS

Nothing everything was great don't have any complaints

Better price. Great personal. Better overall product

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

Time for a change. Peek offered more functions and benefits

Kim

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Go Travel with Kim LLC

The team are wonderful and friendly and were able to get me up an running in no time. Glad I found Peek Pro!

PROS

The user side of Peek Pro is quite attractive, with the design integration between web and phone making it simple to reserve a seat.

CONS

A couple of button functions that could be useful during the setup would be the calendar being viewable before selecting the type of pass they will purchase, as well as the shopping cart feature to purchase more than 1 pass in a single transaction.

Shelley

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Worst experience onboarding, lousy communication

It was awful. The onboarding which was "supposed" to be seamless had me working with my old booking system at the same time, which is twice the work. The emails, confirmations and reminders were difficult to get used too. It was one of the main reasons for switching, to have better email and sms communication with my customers. A feature which is highly appealing is the sending of a picture with the followup email. That process never worked on pc or on apps which is a feature offered. I had multiple email and video meetings with peek pro asking them to complete tasks they had listed and were not completed. I was assured it would be done only to wait a week and then blast a frustrated email that it was not completed. The tech who was doing most of the onboarding was singularly focused and did not understand how the items I needed integrated together. The phone app was irritating, every time you changed the screen from portrait to landscape it would rebook. You had to use it in landscape mode to get the options but the screen was too short because of the top tool bar. Then you would have to turn the phone and lose the options! I cannot carry my pc/ laptop around with me when I need to make changes of find information for customers. If Peek Pro had been better at communicating. Had better tutorial tools to understand the system and just done more work and less talk about fixing my issues I would most likely still be using them. However, I just could not continue.

PROS

I liked the resource and calendar integration. The front end for the customer offered almost everything I wanted for my customers. The flow was intuitive on front end.

CONS

the functionality of the emails and communication with customers was difficult on backend. the backend functionality had too many steps to get to information looking for. Manifest was informative but screen versus print different. Plus any interaction with guest booking would throw you out to dashboard and you would have to go back to calendar and manifest again to continue with process. That is one example of many functions that where multiple steps to do simple tasks. Unable to schedule manual emails to clients, Unable to view sent emails, no outbox.

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

Their sales team did a great sell which I'm sorry to say had no follow through!! I was assured, even after reading reviews that they were not good on customer service. I was told their support team and techs were definitely on task to support the software. Sales and support apparently don't communicate any better than they do with customers.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

I wanted more options for communicating with my customers, email and sms. I returned to Rezdy because the front end on Rezdy is very good and I have no issues with their customer service.

Rachael

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Falls Short of Promises

We really wanted to love Peek, and spent a lot of time vetting the software before deciding. Lot's of promices were made as to its functionality, yet failed to deliver on them. It's a good system for a beginner or simple items, but if you want a flawless functionality that is robust and will take your business to the next level, then this is not the system for you. When you discover that the system can't do certain items they put in a feature request to happen sometime in the future. When you call customer support to ask for help and you discover it's a 10 step process to do something simple and you express your displeasure they just say "I'm so sorry the software is difficult for you to understand" Really? I've worked with and have built several different systems in my lifetime, and simple changes shouldn't be that difficult!

PROS

We moved to Peek after rigorous discussions with the company. The one thing it does over other softwares is the ability to book multiple pieces of equipment at the same time. We also like the calendar and manifest.

CONS

The software is inefficient and hard to manipulate based on needs, not to mention a lot more expensive then other softwares in this league. - Waiver Function is terrible. Can't search for waivers signed. Waivers have glitches and can get corrupted or just disapear. Support can't help find them either. - Can't apply discount to just certain items, it discounts the entire reservation. So if you discount a large group, then have to charge damages, the damages are then discounted. Also you can't override taxes & credit card fees. - Can't refund to store credit if guest drops a piece of equipment. You have to create a custom code per customer then email it to them. - Automatice Email & Text Message System is terrible! Can't customize text messages, so you have to send them to each guest individually. - System doesn't offer a waitlist feature. - They recommend using an ipad with their app so guests can sign waivers. However the app is the bare minimum so you constantly have to switch betwen the app and their web url in order to check in guests. Guests have to be given a booking ID at checkin to be able to sign and scan a QR Code. Using the URL on an iPad, you can't see the amount charged or amount owed as that section is cut off. It's very inefficient to have to use 3 different devises. A tablet for the app and URL, then a desktop to see the charges on the side of the screen. - Dynamic pricing and changing rates is combersome. Especially if you offer weekday, holiday, and weekend rates during different seasons.

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

They contacted us and made the pitch. We had an issue to resolve with current software and they were able to provide it.

Reasons for switching to Peek Pro

We switched for 1 reason only and that was so we could book multiple machines at the same time. However when you consider the functionality of the systems, Xola is a much better choice.

Kevin

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Exactly what I was looking for in a booking system for a tour company.

Sales team was extremely helpful and honest, giving me an excellent overview of the capabilities of the software. They let me play with the software BEFORE the demo so I had time to figure things out and ask specific questions. Any time I had followup questions the onboarding/training support was lightning fast.

PROS

Easy to understand. Overall configurability. Excellent mobile app. Built in waivers. Built in reports. The ability to do point of sale. Full control of cancellations, refunds, emails, etc. Advanced pricing and availability rules. Potential to integrate with other marketing software. Ability to do manual bookings. The list goes on and on...

CONS

Sometimes things can be difficult to find. The placement of important/frequently used buttons needs to be re-thought out a bit. Sometimes when you delete things there are still references to it in other places, which then requires a bit of extra cleanup. It also would be helpful to have a small info button next to certain things that helps explain/teach the user.

Reason for choosing Peek Pro

The right mix of functionality and simplicity to be able to quickly and easily support myself. They also waived certain fees due to my level of software experience, they knew they were not going to have to hold my hand.

Hi Kevin! Thanks for the detailed review. Great to hear you're enjoying the long list of features and it's been easy to understand. Your suggestions are much appreciated as we are constantly working to improve. Keep reaching out to us as questions come up! We're here to help :)

Replied September 2019