• icon"Easy to use, stable and with great remarketing tools for 'no-shows."
  • icon"It is very good value for money when you look at Zoom you need to commit to the software for a year to make it work."
  • icon"The usability is so wonderful. Anybody and their grandma could use the backend of the platform."
  • icon"Most importantly, it consumes hell lotta internet bandwidth. Note, I am not talking about the internet storage, I am talking about bandwidth."
  • icon"You only got to share the entire screen. Thats so painful in a webinar."
  • icon"There are a few things I feel are missing from Demio. One is being able to send a replay link to people who attended on-demand or evergreen webinars so they can watch again if they missed it."

All Demio Reviews

Carolyn

Mischa

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Webinars, events and internal comms

Still able to host events in a digital, work from home world.

Pros

The ease of use. Every new user i show this to, or invite to work with demio can host awebinar or presentation within minutes. Since the lockdown prevented us from hosting events internally and for events to get to know our customers we have used demio as a digital alternative. Im certain we will keep using it even after the pandemic.

Cons

More flexibility and interaction with the public. Would like to create a longer event and schedule it on the calender instead of the standard 1hr block thats is available now.

Reasons for choosing Demio

Ease of use and ease to set up. The fact that we could record our session automatically was a big plus.

Reasons for switching to Demio

Teams live event didnt work out for us. There were a lot of struggles with setting up a live event.

Response from Demio

Hi Mischa! Ashley here, from Demio. I'm really glad to see you're enjoying Demio's ease of use and ease of set up! I have passed your feedback onto our team and am really grateful for your review! Thank you!

Replied February 2021

November 2022

(_Almost_) everything you need in a webinar platform

Despite some of the issues outlined above, we renewed for another year, which speaks more than anything else. In my opinion, a better platform than Demio really doesn't exist at this juncture.

Pros

Demio is intuitive and we love how easy it is to create, manage, and run live AND automated webinars. The viewing experience, down to the colors of the room and the custom domain, all point back to our brand. Featured actions work well and really help to engage our audience. It's incredibly simple to create beautiful, simple registration pages with minimal effort and the waiting room makes for a great attendee experience. We also love that you can pre-load materials into the room for less stress day-of!It's obvious that the Banzai product, sales, success, and support teams are all invested in developing a great end-to-end experience for customers and they're extremely receptive to feedback...I _especially_ appreciate their public roadmap.

Cons

The biggest friction points for my team are as follows (and to Demio's credit, their team continues to invest heavily in correcting these issues, some of which are already better since the summer): 1. Performance & quality: This sometimes result in laggy, lower resolution streams (replays, especially)2. Overconsumption of RAM: To compensate, we use Firefox rather than Chrome (the latter being our preferred browser) to run live events3. Somewhat difficult to manage Q&A: We'd love to see the option to "claim" a question when there are multiple moderators attempting to answer chat or Q&A with written responses. This would ensure that we avoid duplicating effort. As far as I'm aware, this isn't a feature available on any platforms at the moment, but would really make a huge difference when it comes to managing large events with a high volume of chats.

Reasons for switching to Demio

We needed a platform that we could better customize to our brand and better engage our attendees. Demio fit the bill, while remaining competitive in price. One of our big requirements was a HubSpot integration and automated events, both of which Demio excels in delivering.

Betty

Amazing features and 24/7 support

Smooth, absolutely fantastic in all aspects. I have a strong need for attention to detail and I could not find one single issue with them so far.

Pros

Ease of use, 24/7 customer support, flexibility, clean interface for hosts and guests, polls, downloads, privacy, this is WAY BETTER than ZOOM. WAY BETTER.

Cons

It's a bit on the higher end for my startup, but it totally does worth the investment, so it's still totally worth it

Reasons for choosing Demio

24/7 customer service, live polls, downloads, clean, easy to use interface.

Reasons for switching to Demio

It was easy at the beginning, just left that platform.

Response from Banzai

Hi Betty, Jody here from Demio! So happy to hear that you are finding our Platform easy to use, while enjoying the features and support received from our very capable team. Our aim is to provide our users with high quality products and services. :) Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team!:)

Replied November 2021

Dillon

Best of class software for live webinars. On-demand functionality lacking a little.

Fantastic. Some issues to iron out but 100% committed to the platform, the team and the vision.

Pros

Demio was the new kid on the block when we made the switch and we wanted to support the vision for a platform specific to marketers. Demio have delivered on that better than most. At that time WebinarJam had serious Google integration problems so it felt safer to go with a solution that did not rely on external streaming.

Cons

On-demand functionality and email scheduling/customising. Video quality on recordings remains highly questionable; regardless of strength of connection (we are on a Gigabit connection and quality is still poor).

Reasons for choosing Demio

Love [SENSITIVE CONTENT] vision! WebinarJam had serious issues and we cancelled our annual plan.

Reasons for switching to Demio

Have been running webinars on Go2W since 2012 and they just didn't innovate, at all!!

Response from Banzai

Hey Dillon, Samara here from Demio! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We're so happy to hear that you love supporting Demio's vision, we appreciate you! When you get the chance, it would be great if you could share more information with our Support team on what you'd like to see more of for the On-demand functionality and Email Scheduling. Email customising is coming soon and you can check this out on our roadmap here (https://portal.productboard.com/demio/1-demio-roadmap/tabs/3-planned). Thanks you again for sharing your experience and supporting our product, team, and vision. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions.

Replied August 2021

October 2022

Demio is excellent if you know the limitations

We used a Demio for a large production with hundreds of people invited, multiple cameras, and 5hrs of presentations, as well as for smaller presentations roughly monthly. Overall the features in Demio made it MUCH easier. The overall experience was great and when we did run into problems support was also close by.I am the only one on my team responsible for webinars so I can confidently that Demio was leaps and bounds ahead of the other platforms we've used and looked at, even with its problems.

Pros

Demio is very feature rich and has excellent customer service. Hands down, the best feature is the ability to pre upload your media and be able to share it seperate from a screen share. Your presenters do not need to worry about who's driving slides, or who is sharing what on their screen. This is why we chose Demio over Vimeo and Zoom's webinar platforms.Another huge differentiator of Demio is the video / presentation quality. The pre uploaded media is sharp because you're not relying on a screen share, but every one of our presenters also commented on how high quality their webcam video was. If you're coming from the world of Zoom it will really be a night and day difference. It is also very easy to use because it is web based. It was easy to show our presenters how to use the platform and how to take advantage of the many features.Similarly, the ability to send handouts and featured actions is excellent. The reporting on Demio is great, but similar to what you might get on Zoom.

Cons

One of the the things we ran into fairly regularly were limitations of features. For example, demio has great emails but no ability to change the number of emails and few ways to edit the actual email. Hubspot integrations are also lacking in that you lose the source once you integrate it. There are also small bugs from time to time - ie speakers randomly lost audio, and you have to use your arrow keys to change the camera or audio input sometimes. There were other bugs that have since been resolved but it did require us to do a lot of work to get around.

Reasons for choosing Demio

The ability to preupload media and the overall stream quality.

Reasons for switching to Demio

Zoom simply did not have the integrations or features we needed. It was just a regular meeting with a couple extra features.

Prachiti

May 2022

Webinar with Demio

Demio has excellent features of studying the demography of the participants. It helps me in understanding the background of people interested in the topics of my webinars. I get notified if someone has missed the webinar. I can share the link to the next webinar and check with them if they would like to subscribe to my e-mail list.

Pros

The overall simple interface helps me to look into various tabs and browse through the tool. The branding feature for webinar landing pages is really effective.

Cons

The feature of uploading the power point presentation prior to the webinar is something that I don't quite get. Not sure if direct screen sharing works. If it works, I'm happy to use.

Reasons for switching to Demio

The reason to switch from another webinar tool is simple, Demio has additional features and their customer support team is highly proactive and helpful. I always give them a 5 star. they are solution oriented and always help me out when I need some assistance.

Response from Banzai

Hi Prachiti, Jody here from Demio! Thank you so much for writing this review. We definitely do have a screen share option, that you can find more information on in our help center, or you can always reach out to our Support team to guide you on that. But we are definitely happy to hear that Demio has been able to help you with your business needs. :) We appreciate you taking the time to do this, and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team!:)

Replied July 2022

Francisco

A great tool for passively making money with recorded Webinars and to train yourself to make them

It was easy to set up and easy to understand. The support team deserves 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ for quickly responding by chat and going out of their ways to find solutions and complete explanations of how everything works and how to fix certain issues. I had people from support created test events and even watched events along with me to look at problems I was having. It's awesome to see that you can count with real people.

Pros

It's integration with Active Campaign and the ability to share Calls to Action. You can trigger your own automations when people register to your event, when they attend it or even when they miss it. You can tag them and send them specific emails. Then you record your event (demio does it for you) and use it as a permanent saved webinar.

Cons

You can't help but compare it to zoom. In zoom, everybody can turn their cameras on and you get a feeling as if you where everybody together... Here, you can have 3 or 4 people max with their cams on.

Reasons for choosing Demio

Because of it's integration with active campaign and featured actions and email reminders and all the tools for having automated events

Response from Banzai

Hi Francisco, Samara here from Demio. Thank you for your thoughtful review, we appreciate you. We're thrilled to hear that you're finding Demio easy to use, like the integration with ActiveCampaign and the Calls to Action feature, and that our Support team is providing you with all the help you need! The main reason for the cam limitation is we're built more for one-to-many Events (less for meetings)or in other words, actual webinars. We understand having the option to enable more webcams would be useful and I will be sure to share your feedback with our product team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if there is anything else you need. Thanks again!

Replied July 2021

November 2022

Cutting-Edge Webinar Software

Demio is allowing us to scale our webinar catalog by making it easy to launch events and have live-automated and on-demand events.

Pros

The ability to have simulated-live webinars is critical when schedules are too booked to host multiple live sessions. On-demand also is easy; the users get to choose which instance they want to use.

Cons

Breakout rooms are critical for larger events; we'd still have to use Zoom for this.

Reasons for choosing Demio

More modern interface - easy to use, no desktop software or plugins required.

Reasons for switching to Demio

Zoom's webinar functionality doesn't allow for live-automated sessions - and the on-demand sessions have to be generated from a Zoom recording, not from a custom-edited video.

Abhinav

August 2022

Dont use this - Zoom is much better - Even if you buy, sign up for monthly plan first

I made a mistake of signing up to annual plan. By the time I had made up my mind to go back to zoom, their refund window got over. My request to give me a prorated refund for unused period got rejected. Money went waste & so was precious hours trying out this system. Hope these vendors have better & fair refund terms for people who trust them & sign up to their annual plans. Going back to zoom & not coming back here again.

Pros

Ease of use of the system. Very basic and simple features in basic plan.

Cons

Many key features are missing. There is some issue with the code. Two main problems were that the presentation's complete formatting used to get corrupted after loading it on Demio. Never happened with Zoom. Plus screenshare was not at all upto the level of what is offered in Zoom.

Recommendation by a friend that it is much better for webinars

Recommendation by a friend that it is much better for webinars

Soumendra

It is Shady

not so good.

Pros

The third-party integrations are good. I have seen many tools gicing such integrations.

Cons

This tool doesnt have several features. Like in some computers it shows up that you can share specific window screens. But in some computers again it doesnt let you do that. You only got to share the entire screen. Thats so painful in a webinar. You cant turn off the chat. They dont have an app for windows like Zoom. Zoom is way handy. Most importantly, it consumes hell lotta internet bandwidth. Note, I am not talking about the internet storage, I am talking about bandwidth. Where Zoom is way better and a way light weight tool. Like, while testing the connectivity, it will show you the connectivity is excellent. But while being in real time it will show up it is poor. That is painful. Also you cannot pause your screen like you do in ZOOM. you got to disconnect it completely. Again painful. I continuously connect and disconnect, do you think that is something a trainer or host would prefer. Like ZOOM would even load when the network is slightly slower. But demio doesnt give a damn, the webpage will not load itself, it would keep loading forever. Although it is ok in most of the cases, but ZOOM is way better in this coding aspect as well. Overall I feel they are yet to come up with a better compatibility with network, computers and more.

Reasons for choosing Demio

Thought it would be great.

Alka

Glad to have found demio

Amazing. I am more regular with my webinars now.

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. Very intuitive and simple. Customer service is lovely. I love the design of the platform. And most important for me was to have everything in one place meaning having the live & evergreen options in 1 platform. Another great feature and my favorite is the ability to jump in live in an evergreen webinar. The ability to promote your products, add survey questions is another great feature.

Cons

1. I just wish there is plan for 100 attendees. That would be a great option. 2. It would also be nice to have a larger video option should you decide to be on video- perhaps on the left side with the ability to have it either as a square or circle.

Reasons for switching to Demio

It had so many glitches and it took so much time to set up the webinar. Had some embarrasing moments as well during a webinar.

Samantha

March 2022

A delight to use and so simple for attendees!

Demio was a key part of my recent product launch. It allowed me to focus on delivering my content without worrying about tech hiccups.

Pros

Demio is by far the easiest webinar platform I have used, both as a host and an attendee. Scheduling my events was very easy, and I really liked the smooth integration of the sign-up form into my Kajabi sales page. I also love how easy it is to setup everything before hand, including my slide deck and featured action. But the best part is how easy it is for attendees to use. They just click the button and they are in, no plugins, no software downloads, no hassles.

Cons

I'd like to be able to have more than 6 people 'on stage' at the same time so that I could use it for larger group coaching calls. But that's outside of my primary use of it for webinars.

Reasons for choosing Demio

The simplicity of use was clear right from my trial period. As soon as I did the hands-on demo as part of the trial I was sold on it.

Response from Banzai

Hi Samantha, Jody here from Demio! Thank you so much for writing this thoughtful and honest review. It really is a pleasure to know that you find the platform easy to use, for yourself as well as your Attendees. I will be passing your feedback to our Product team on the stage size limit.:) We appreciate you taking the time to do this, and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team!:)

Replied June 2022

Lise

I highly recommend Demio for webinars

I am a very happy customer - for my part, software needs to make my life as a business owner better and easier, and Demio does just that. Love it!

Pros

Over the years, I have probably held close to 300 webinars, and with that I have tried a bunch of different software solutions. Demio is by far the best of them all, and this is both what I use now and what I recommend to my customers. The pros are that it's quite simple to figure out how to set up, the user interface and the webinar experience is clean and simple, and the best part is that it's reliable. And as a bonus, the customer service is beyond great - quick, friendly and on point.

Cons

Demio integrates nicely with all the software that I need - and Zapier is always a solution, for the few software solutions that don't. I would, for my clients, love to see a future direct integration with MailerLite.

Reasons for choosing Demio

I just liked the simplicity, reliability and customer service with Demio, and decided to go with that.

Reasons for switching to Demio

There where so many technical hiccups during my live webinars, and it felt as if customer service there could care less. When you rely on webinars for your revenue, this was unacceptable for me.

Response from Banzai

Hi Lise, Jody here from Demio! Just wanted to thank you for your review. I am happy to know that you find Demio's platform easy to use, with a simple and clean UI, and of course our stellar customer service team :D. I have submitted your feature request to our Product team in regards to MailerLite :). Thank you again, and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team!:)

Replied December 2021

Stephanie

Amazing experience - 100% recommend

I loved that Demio recorded my webinars. It was really easy to create a replay for the non attendees. And I appreciated a lot the possibility to show my face, or my slides, OR BOTH (!!), in just one click! So easy to use and pleasant when you want to create a more dynamic and spontaneous experience.

Pros

I had the most amazing experience ever. My webinars were easy to create, well-designed, and looked very professional. I appreciated the possibility to select the questions that popped up during the webinar and automatically move them into a specific area, so that I could easily find them at any time. Actually, my assistant did this work for me and we could chat together, and I could see her comments in a private area. Very useful to check if everything is working well without answering to my audience or checking my phone to get an answer... The customer service is the best I have ever known! They helped me figuring out how to upload my slides, answered ALL my questions in a very short time, and were really kind. I absolutely love Demio and the staff working for them! 100% worth my investment.

Cons

Everything was perfect. I don't have nothing wrong to say about it...

Reasons for choosing Demio

It was recommended by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I wanted to have the best tool to create my webinars.

Response from Demio

Hi Stephanie! Ashley here, from Demio. I'm so thrilled to see that you're having great success with Demio! Your thoughtful review means a lot to us - thank you!

Replied February 2021