All RhinoFit Reviews

Ross

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

RhinoFit allowed us to focus on building and marketing our gym rather than the technology

Everything has been as advertised so far. It has exceeded my expectations, and I think we're still scratching the surface.

PROS

It is intuitive and easy to setup. Easy to integrate with our web site. Seems to have features to support everything we can think up.

CONS

There are features that don't work the way I would have expected. Not saying they're the wrong way, but it takes some time and experimentation to get a solid handle on everything. That said, I wish I could create test accounts and delete them when I'm done. I mean REALLY delete them. Also, it would be nice to associate specific RhinoSign waivers with memberships. Also, I would love to handle membership contracts and waivers separately with RhinoSign.

Hi Ross, thanks for sharing your thoughts on RhinoFit! We're so happy to hear the software has enabled you to build up your gym and streamline operations. As far as any questions and concerns you might have, feel free to reach out and we would more than glad to help! : customerservice@rhinofit.ca -Team RhinoFit

Replied March 2019

Nicolaas

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

awesome software!

transitioning from Mindbody to Rhinofit was a little difficult but the customer service I got from rhinofit was great. Was never hard at all to get a hold of someone to help you.

PROS

it is simple to use and has everything and more that you need to start up your gym!

CONS

nothing really can i can bad about the system...

Reason for choosing RhinoFit

Vagaro did not have 24/7 door access control and gymmaster did not meet all my neeeds!

Reasons for switching to RhinoFit

Mindbody was way over priced! i got everything and more from rhinofit for a lot less in cost!!

Jason

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Better products for cheaper are out there than this bug-ridden mess.

We moved to rhinofit because they were cheap, and it was a huge mistake. They offer no help with setup, and it's convoluted to the point where it seems to want to sell you on paying them to set it up for you. Customer service isn't very helpful.

PROS

The SMS feature was nice. Technically speaking it has a wide range of features, even if the implementation of those features are poor.

CONS

UI is confusing and you will constantly make a tiny error that resets an entire action you were performing. There have been almost no feature updates since I joined, and it feels dated and behind the times. The help documentation is useless. I've lost entire emails I've written up because of their UI being so bad. There's no record of the emails you've sent from the system. The reporting functions are way too basic and extremely confusing to use. Memberships are a hot mess - if you want to make a change to a membership, like modifying your pricing, too bad. You need to create a new membership and then go into each of your members and apply the new one, because even if you make a change to one people are already using it doesn't apply to existing memberships. They also don't tell you until you sign up that you have to use their payment processor - you can't use square or stripe or anyone else with reasonable rates. If you don't want to use their PP? They charge you double the cost each month. The payment processor is a joke and makes you jump through hoops that were designed in the year 2000, even requiring you to go through "PCI training," which is a technology compliance for developers, not for gym owners. Finally, if you get sick of rhinofit and want to quit...you learn you're locked into a 3 year agreement with the payment provider, it costs $400 to cancel it, and if you cancel rhinofit but not the PP agreement they'll charge you each month regardless.

Reasons for switching to RhinoFit

Rhinofit was cheaper, and I didn't think it was possible to be as bad as triib. I was wrong.1

Joanna

Reviewed August 2019

RhinoFit Software

My overall experience with RhinoFit has been excellent. My gym has been open for approximately 6 months, so there is still much to learn. Everyday I am expanding my knowledge of this software's capabilities. Having direct contact to members, and connecting with social media platforms has been beneficial.

PROS

This software is easy to set up and use. I created my own account and designed it specifically for my needs. I have had great support from the RhinoFit Software team, they are always polite and helpful.

CONS

Starting from scratch is difficult, but it needed to be done in order to grow a small business into something more.

Reason for choosing RhinoFit

I chose RhinoFit because it fit my needs perfectly. The other products were either too expensive or had features that were not needed.

Jesse

Reviewed September 2019

Quality software for the price!

Other than the con, I can overlook it and still think this is a good product!

PROS

The price can not be beat. I have worked with perfectmind and they are a nightmare to deal with. Rhinofit answers all my question at a timely manner.

CONS

That you have to manually go into a person profile, type in the product they are buying, figure out what the cost is before tax, then add the 8.25 tax, and then press another button to charge them with a debit/ credit card or a EFT.

Reasons for switching to RhinoFit

Expensive and Rhinofit essentially provides the same product.

Hi Jesse, Thank you for your feedback. Fortunately, we can calculate the tax for you in 3 different ways, you can have tax included, tax calculated for you, or no tax. You go to orders > add orders > Add the Members name and charge it to their account. Let us know if you have any questions! Team RhinoFit 1-866-858-0304

Replied September 2019

Rob

Reviewed August 2019

Rhinofit

PROS

Simplistic and doesn't have all the things that nobody needs that simply confuses the user. Simplistic design makes the chance of error smaller and that is key for a business.

CONS

the schedule calendar is not user friendly. We have to set up our appointment slots in blocks of 10 minutes. However, once you do that the visual on the calendar is very difficult to see which time slot you're selecting. I was told that I could use our own scanners we already had in place then I was charged for Rhinofit's scanner and once I received all the expensive hardware that I was told I needed to be able to use our present scanners, found out I couldn't use our present scanners. Then after I complained that I invested a bunch of money in something that was never going to work in the first place, I got a pissy email from one of the techs. Up until that point the service was decent but that was a pretty shitty experience. I can't imagine treating a client of ours in the same way.

Reason for choosing RhinoFit

Best price and charged in CAD dollars

Reasons for switching to RhinoFit

Mindbody too expensive and charged in USD

Harley

Reviewed May 2017

i enjoy using rhinofit for my gym software

PROS

i really like the ability to control payments and memberships. It is also easy to access the whole system.

CONS

I don't have a crossfit gym, I own a powerlifting/strongman. so the wod style system and gym classes are not usefull to me. also it would be nice if rhinofit sold barcode scanners and key barcodes for memberships instead of me shopping third party

Thank you for your review on our strongman gym software. We thank you for being a loyal customer for years, and are happy that you enjoy using the software. We are constantly updating our software to accommodate different types of gyms and their needs. Our WOD system may be used as an announcement system if you don't offer "work out of the day". This announcement feature is useful for gyms that want to offer some static communication to gym attendees. We currently do not offer hardware such as barcode scanners but we do have a partner that offers our client's discounts on scanners and barcodes. To find out more information on our partner programs please visit www.rhinofit.ca/partners

Replied August 2017

Tony

Reviewed August 2020

Just What's Needed

Relatively painless & easy to use.

PROS

It's not complicated and it has exactly what we need without a bunch of frills.

CONS

The inability to capture reporting over time and handling of recurring memberships.

Reasons for switching to RhinoFit

Zen was very complicated.

Marlow

Reviewed June 2018

Really enjoying the use of this software. Best value for fitness software.

PROS

The software is easy to use and allows for easy access for my clients. The learning process was quite easy and didn't require intense training.

CONS

I really enjoy this software but wish I had the ability to customize with an app. To be able to use my own branding will make this software perfect.

Thank You Marlow for your Four Star Review. We are happy that you find our system great for your business. We also appreciate your feedback on your branding needs. The Rhinofit Team 866-858-0304

Replied June 2018

Gail

Reviewed December 2018

Why I switched

Having a software program that is there when your not and helps you give the best customer experience is a plus. RhinoFit is easy to use and is a great all in one management system.

PROS

Best price! Easy set-up and works great! Our business is growing and we needed a software program that could grow with us. Having the ability to add an integrated door system that would allow our members and residents to have 24/7 access and keep the business secure is why we switched.

CONS

I haven't found anything that I do not like about RhinoFit but I'm still exploring. Customer service has been attentive with any questions I had and helped me transition my clients from my old software program without a hitch.

Derel

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Worst Software on the Market

Piss poor. Was over charged, nothing the sales rep said was the truth, door system is next to worthless, numerous glitches that caused billing issues etc.

PROS

Nothing. System doesn't work as it should.

CONS

Door system constantly failed and member's billing was always getting messed up.

Reason for choosing RhinoFit

The sales rep made it seem better and more affordable than it was.

Reasons for switching to RhinoFit

Rhinofit was costing me customers and headaches.

Den

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Run away, one of the worst mistakes we made and terrible support

Thought we were getting a nice backend here and it was nothing but alot of promise and no ability to deliver. From start charged us for a setup fee but never did it, then software is very buggy, adding symbols and digits on imported csv file formated in the way they suggest, They know it but do not address issue until its a mess. From there all down hill, payment information was lost many times, and they blamed the customer event thought we are able to show emails confirming account setup. These guys hear about pointing fingers at the customer instead of fixing issues. Calendars do not sync for you need to open up multiple to see what your gym doing, Trainers, group classes should all be able to see each other, App crashes as does web, and many clients unable to login, but again it was said by them our fault. even though Itunes and Play app stores report all the same issues we are seeing, and their 2.0 is a nice looking version that is just that , it is loaded with issues, so don't be sold on this . If Travis the original owner see this and how it was handled he would be highly disappointed. This really is Da Bomb as in bad

PROS

Not really anything

CONS

The list of issues is long , all I can say its not worth the trouble. CC data dumps, lost client data, uses some foreign country as default, imports get corrupted, clients side login unresponsive, calendars do not sync, they have bad support and little to no orientation, plus no support on set up , or in our situation they took the money didn't do the job we had to set all up after paying them. The interface on client side looks , feels and acts low tech and looks bad

Unfortunately, there were some issues between RhinoFit and this customer that we attempted to resolve to no avail. An orientation is recommended for every customer and it was declined in this case. We did have to correct some of the account setup that was causing some issues. We do take responsibility for the features that were not working properly. We also upgraded since this client to RhinoFit 2.0 and have not had the issues described here. We have an import feature and the CSV file has to be correctly formatted. As for payments and information being lost, we are monitored and audited to be both NACHA and PCI compliant. In this case, there were a lot of communication issues and everything the client had issues with were resolved. In fact, we gave this client a 100% refund for all payments made to us.

Replied December 2016

Yvette

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2017

Poor customer service

My experience with RhinoFit has not been pleasant. It started with not receiving attention on matters that I was facing. I would send emails and not receive responses. Email has always been the best form of communication for me but with RhinoFit service it was better to call to get a response. This made it very difficult for me since I work 8am - 5 pm mountain time and couldn't contact you all by phone after 3 pm my time. At times I would be told something would be taken care of but would have to follow up after not hearing back. Most recently I changed merchant services and it has been a nightmare. I was getting the run around and had to continuously follow up to find out the status of a very critical issue. I was told different every time I called. Actually, today I spoke to the manager who was to send me a form and once again I didn't receive anything. After mentioning that I was considering cancelling you would think there would have been a little more effort on customer service and it only got worst. Another thing, this survey would pop up every single time I logged in and that is pretty annoying. I would recommend changing that. I will let you know I am very passive and rarely complain but dealing with this most recent issue I have faced had really been a hassle and has left me very unhappy with your service. I wouldn't consider recommending your company to anyone. I hope someone that has an impact to make decisions and a difference reads this for the sake of your business.

Hello Yvette, I deeply regret and apologize that the situation made you feel that way. I am also surprised because I personally spent hours that week assisting with you switching to Bluepay. While we are integrated with BluePay, it is not a common processor for us. Unfortunately, when BluePay changed their integration requirements they did not notify us. I spent several hours on the phone trying to get your issue resolved, but it was out of our control and I was not given the correct information without escalating the issue myself and waiting for a response. In response to you cancelling, I offered you special pricing and offered to help with your issues, had I known what other issues you were facing, I would have certainly helped to resolve them. LB Fitness was happy with RhinoFit for 3 years and we regret that you are switching. Thank you for your feedback. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Elizabeth Toon Team RhinoFit

Replied March 2017

Bianca

Reviewed December 2016

Getting there!

There are a few glitches, but it seems like you guys are working it out over time. I think it is much easier to use than other software from our end. I'd like to see some different reports available. For example, I'd like to see who has signed up for courses over the last 72 hours other than through new bills because my manager normally processes those. I'd like to be able to see which teachers are drawing the largest numbers of students or bringing in the most money. (I'd really like to see how much money each teacher pulls in per month.) My clients have complained that the user-interface on their side is not as user-friendly as they'd like and apparently on iPhones the schedule does not adapt to the window size. But overall I am happy with the purchase and will continue to use your service. It has been reliable in terms of the financial transactions and the staff has been friendly and helpful. Thanks!

PROS

It is fairly intuitive to use from the management end, it is priced appropriately, and I like the customer support.

CONS

There are a few glitches that need to be worked out. The reports need a little work.

Hey there Bianca! We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty as a customer! To address some issues: We have a report that shows "Attendance by class, time and day" this will let you measure the popularity/frequency of the instructors. We are planning on adding a Commission/Performance report for Staff members as well. We are also working on getting more reports developed and continuously improving RhinoFIt! For the class drop-ins, you should be using "Sign in Member" if the person is already in the database. When you start typing the name, it will search right away. Then, they will be recorded as attending the class just like you wish. Adding a drop-in is only for people that are not currently members or not currently in your database. If you have any other questions, or want to go over any other requests, please feel free to give us a call at 1-866-858-0304 or email customerservice@rhinofit.ca. Thanks! Elizabeth T. Team RhinoFit

Replied December 2016

Jennie

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Awesome Product

Great overall experience. Everyone is very helpful if I have questions or need any kind of help.

PROS

It’s easy to use and implement. The rank system has been a great tool as well as the attendance tracking. I also have the ability to track my fitness client progress as well within the same software.

CONS

I don’t have anything that I like the least!

Pricing and functionality

Hello Jennie, Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying RhinoFit! If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to give us a call. Thanks! Team RhinoFit

Replied May 2020

Joan

Reviewed September 2021

Happy with RhinoFit!

The customer service has been great! I usually communicate via email. They answer my question and at times check in with me and/or offer discuss via phone.

PROS

This is the first product (gym management) system I've used. I'm happy with it. It has features I have not used YET. Important to me is the customer service - I can reach someone and/or they respond to an email which they do with in the day or early the next day and that is greatly appreciated.

CONS

Wish there was an easier way to load workouts. The manual could use some work. I like to be able to find my answer in a manual before I reach out to someone.

Reason for choosing RhinoFit

It seemed to be on a smaller more personable scale. I am a smaller gym so it was a good fit. I know another gym that uses RhinoFit so I was able to ask about their experience. And, I have not used RhinoFit to its potential - there are a lot of features I have not used or put into place YET.

Brian