All DaySmart Pet Reviews

1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Great tiered system that's perfect for businesses of all stages and sizes

This software is fantastic, overall! It has made managing a business a thousand times easier and has saved me so much time. I spend less time scheduling appointments and marketing, and more time grooming! I wouldn't be without this software. I highly recommend you try it out, you won't regret it!

PROS

I LOVE this software! It has seriously been a lifesaver. There is a management option for aspects of a grooming business that I didn't even think of. There are three plans that you can choose from, depending on your business. My favorite options to use are Facebook booking and recurring marketing. These two options have saved me so much time and heartache. I honestly wouldn't be without this software!

CONS

It's hard to find a con, but if I must, I'd have to say that the pricing is a little high, especially for the starter plan. However, the flip side to this is that the software is just so useful that you really don't mind paying for it. The higher your plan, the more features you get. I'd still recommend it!

Crystal

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

123Pets

I like it but there are some very easy fixes to make it more user friendly.

PROS

I like that it is easy to use and payroll is easy.

CONS

There is no space for additional people in the household to have contact info, there is not place for legal forms that we need to have on file. I can't hover over an appointment space and see the time... sometimes we book at the wrong time because we have so many people on the schedule.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

Pawfinity was excellent but the software started loosing data from previous grooms (we had pictures of pets, knew the pet but all previous services were gone)

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Bad to worse

I picked this software because everyone said it was easy to use. I needed something easy for my coworkers and boss. We went from hand written everything to a computer. I was supposed to be the one to get everyone on board. Unfortunately this software has caused numerous problems. On average we 5-6 random appointments show up that 123 pets sent reminders for but we have to appointment on record. It’s glitchy and messy. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this. It’s also extremely expensive! Although they are willing to reduce some of the rate once in a while because by their own admission, the software is bad. Or “untested”. It feels like they started from scratch and they’re selling a beta version of incomplete software as if it’s ready to go. Seriously DO NOT buy this software! Biggest regret!

PROS

Anytime I call in to customer service the techs tell me they know the software is bad. It makes me kind of laugh.

CONS

Company will send out random updates that crash the system. Zero timelines given out to clients for fixing the problems. Ease of access of client information on calendars and dashboards is redundant and lacking. (Why not show a phone number with the client name? Also why swap around the pets name with the clients first name. Software cannot consolidate multiple pets with different groomers. People are double charged if not done one at a time. Software creates duplicate time slots for employees which crash the system and make random appointments disappear from the calendar. Adding availability to the schedule is nonsensical. Booking availability for an employee M-F in one step is impossible. This issue makes it easy for the overlapping of availability frequent and causes appointments to also disappear. The system cannot consolidate duplicate accounts. You have to go though and “archive” the client and pet. Archived Clients May still be scheduled, which is a nightmare. Daycare and boarding doesn’t work and hasn’t worked for over a month. They say they’re working on it. -again zero timeframes Customer support can’t really do anything to help out. They just apologize and say that the software is bad. Nearly every single time I’ve called it’s been this way. The software doesn’t recognize a first name or last name. But it recognized (Last name, First name). Now without a comma the name won’t pull up.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Was talked into it by a 123 pets rep.

Rosanna

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great and user friendly app

PROS

I gather all information in one place that you need to do excellent job and provide great customer service

CONS

With email or text marketing you can’t inform clients about last minute available appointment just because it has 24h pending time before it’s sent

Amber

Reviewed November 2022

DaySmart pet grooming

Amazing. Wonderful

PROS

I love how it’s easy to use and the company is there when you need them. I also use it for day board and over night stays. It helps keep everything in order.

CONS

Only think I don’t like is when you need to input feeding in by day when they eat you have to put it in notes. Other then that. I like it.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

I decided to go out on my own so I had to find a software.

Right now, I'm not impressed

meh. customer service is a hassle to get a hold of then they usually have to escalate the issue which takes time away from doing anything else. There isn't quick fixes and I can't count the number of times I've heard 'I don't know', or 'we can't do that'. It seems like easy/ straightforward things like reports should be easy to customize, they are not. If i want to get the vaccine information (expired vs near) I can either get a report for anyone with a future appointment or everyone who is ever been put into the computer this includes deceased and inactive animals. Then download into excel and go through one by one to sort out... why can't i just search for current daycare clients??? it makes no sense

PROS

I wanted it for the text messaging feature, the schedule looks easy to follow and was looking forward to updates and eventually switching to cloud based

CONS

cloud software is terrible, it has way too much extra information and doesn't have needed reports that already exist in the computer software. We use the app and the IPad alot but the program doesn't translate to the app. We cannot see or update vaccines on app ( this is very important) I cannot see or update messages or notes or balances. It would be nice if a note we put saying I don't know dog bites be careful actually showed up easily so we didn't have to go through 10 screens to see it. You can't have multiple screens opened at once so if someone is using the system they have to complete or exit out of what they are doing like creating a marketing email; then you can check someone out. Credit card issues like if you forget to press complete it times out and the charge wont go through. I have a 7-8 page list of features that don't work or don't make sense

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

texting and "ease of use" other peoples recommendations

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

i thought daysmart system would be better with integrated payments and maybe eventually going to the cloud. Also this system has text messaging which is nice

Denise

Reviewed September 2023

After 12 years of use

For the most part I'm not unhappy with the product my biggest beef is that for the amount of use that I get out of the overall product the amount I pay is ridiculous. I'm only using it for my appointment scheduling and half the time I can't see that.

PROS

The longer I use the product the more I learn about the product. I am happy with the overall performance there are some things that I would consider to be a little bit annoying.

CONS

It's been 12 years I've been using this product and I still don't know all the ins and outs because I think they change rather quickly. I think the cost to use this product is excessive and I have been looking to find a much better way of managing my appointments. As a Canadian the price is like $170 a month and then you can access any of your other groomersTo see what's going on even though you're the administrator and the manager and the owner. And that certainly annoys me. You're a number of other things I could probably mention but I'm not gonna get into it.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

When I bought my business DaySmart was already a part of it. And I owned my software at the time since then many things have changed when is it being the pricing has been readily going up each year. I no longer own the product I'm informed I just rented. I wish it wasn't so troublesome to change or go to something different that wasn't breaking my bank but up to this pointI haven't made the decision to go forward with changing it. I called and talked about the pricing and was told there's nothing they could do. Unless I went to the cloud unfortunately I don't know the difference between the cloud and when I'm using on my PC. Which puts me at a disadvantage to make any kind of a decision

Great system overall

I’ve never really had any big issues since I’ve been with DaySmart. I’ve used them for 7 yrs as a mobile groomer.

PROS

It’s easy to use and very user friendly.

CONS

I really don’t have any cons other than the ones I have stated during the individual rating.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Because I was already familiar with it from working at a previous job. Before I opened my mobile salon.

Claire

Overall very good

Overall I’m happy with DaySmart pet only ever had few problems

PROS

Easy to use. Clear instructions, client notes and info

CONS

That my clients can’t confirm there appointments and I tried emailing as it’s in a different country it makes communication hard.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Looked easy to use and cheaper than some.

Jessica

Reviewed March 2024

Great software

PROS

My appointments stay organized. Customer service has been helpful when I needed it. If you set it up correctly, the system will help with reminders and confirmations. It also alerts when forms are not completed.

CONS

It can be a bit confusing at times when the feature is not familiar.

Myrna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Disappointed with my transition to Cloud

Not Good at all!

PROS

I never had problems with DaySmart before and I was always very satisfied with the desktop version. Now that I am expanding my business, opening my second location, I was advised by Daysmart Sales person to switch to cloud. It was the worse decision. I am paying more and having lots of issues. The system doesn't work properly. My staff is frustrated. I am frustrated.

CONS

To make me switch from desktop to cloud without telling me all the issues I would face.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

I never thought about other product, but I know I need to get a better product/service from what I am paying now to DaySmart. Probably switch back to Desktop.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

Daysmart sales person told me to. I also added Stripe Payments to my system and that was ANOTHER stupid purchase. Stripe is a mess! After 2 weeks of using their services I have $9,900 (after fees!) missing in my bank account. I stopped the service now and went back to my previous provider until I see my money back.

Levi

Great product

It has helped me build my business and keep track of all clients. It helps me market to existing clients continual basis.

PROS

Great product that does so much for managing a salon and mobile grooming business. They just need a few minor tweaks to make it perfect

CONS

The price is pretty high especially when you get into the marketing aspect of it. Adding a customers address to the screen while using a PC is a little clunky. Also reoccurring appointments. Need some updates to account for people who want it groomed more than 10 weeks or on a certain day of the month.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

I chose them because they were one of the best software companies out there for grooming. If there’s any out there, they do about the same thing and really focus on social media and marketing I would consider switching. Period.

Aimee

Reviewed September 2019

Headache, Waste of Money and Time

Disappointed, frustrating, stressful. Now have to switch to another company.... That will cost more time and money! On top of training for a new software. Not a happy customer and product user!

PROS

Price, mobile and tablet friendly, pricing based on company size and features needed.

CONS

Tech support is never able to resolve issues, app or direct web version always has glitches, lost weeks worth of inventory data I input months ago (inventory randomly disappeared) without explanation or reasoning. Email compaigns get "bugs" tech support will tell you to just make a new one. Not reliable product at all. Time spent dealing with 5 separate issues in 1 week is time wasted for clients and business. Lost sale today because I could not check out a retail CASH sale! Very frustrating to say the least.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

After doing initial phone interview, free trial, testing product (my first software purchase for business) I was using Outlook for scheduling and paper records for clients. I wanted to go paperless to save time, paper and money (less time spent copying, printing, filing, writing ECT). Referred by other user.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

Read above. Product is not reliable, tech support never resolves issues or has answers for product glitches. Happens way too often!

Lourdes

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

D’Tails

Love the system. It helps with every aspect of my business.

PROS

Everything, from scheduling to integrated payment. It’s great!

CONS

There’s nothing I dislike about DaySmart

It didn’t do payroll

Vanessa

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Used to be a great program

It used to be a great program 5 years ago, but I can't really say the same anymore. I tried their cloud version recently, but that was a nightmare.

PROS

This used to be such a great program, however, recently it has gone downhill tremendously. I'm not sure if it's change in management or something, but a lot has changed and it hasn't been positive changes. I am required to upgrade my version again or else they are going to stop supporting it, so I've been looking elsewhere.

CONS

The remote access is always down. The support staff isn't very helpful. I have been paying for support for the past 3 years and they haven't really answered any of my questions. They are adding features, but they never seem to work. Also, I never know how much my bill is really going to be that month.

Angie

Package/Freight Delivery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Good but definitely needs improvement

PROS

Text reminders, scheduling, color coding services, reports are all great features. Setting up the program was very easy and customer service is always amazing, super helpful and friendly.

CONS

Not enough features that cater to cat's, could use more cat friendly terms. Not being able to be notified of how long it has been since last time the client visited my business when they are booking an online appointment. Waitlist feature needs major improvements, can't even use it. Online booking needs to be more descriptive and user friendly, customers get very confused

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Price and already was familiar with product

Tim

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

The more I use the software the more I find it limiting

The groomer world is not very technical... so maybe it makes sense that the software architecture seems about 10 years behind what is currently being used in other industries.

PROS

It's relatively bug free..................

CONS

The software architecture is old - I pay for the pro which is a local install on a primary pc. The online access is not to a hosted solution, it connects back to the primary PC in the shop... for all functions. If you power done the PC to save energy the appointment reminders are not sent. Maybe look into AWS services to expand your capabilities. Online access with the pro version is designed for employee access, not the owner. I have limited functionality to perform business administration tasks... I have to go to the store to export reports to excel so I can finish the task remotely. Why would you do that? The owner pays for the software... Once an appointment reminder has been sent, if you move the appointment the confirmation indicator does not reset giving you a false report of a confirmation. I'm assuming this is not a bug but a failure in logic.

Thank you for your review Tim. Yes, you purchased a client/server architecture, which does function as you described (namely the server has to be on to be accessed). We also have thousands of customers on our cloud based systems, which function differently, and are run on AWS.

Replied May 2019