All PetExec Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great when it works 100% of the time, costly when it doesn't

Charlotte

Experience with PetExec

Pros

It helps me keep track of all my daycare and boarding dogs, plus my retail area. I like that I don’t need to buy another module for grooming or training, once I add those to the services we offer. I really like being able to access it on my phone or laptop when I’m away from the business computer. It also keeps track of things like daycare passes and saves vet info so I only need to enter it once.

Cons

I found it difficult to navigate when I was first learning. There are still features I don’t know how to use. I wanted to do the training they offer, but I wasn’t able to spend the money they ask for it.

Marc

So Many Features!

Overall experience is very good. The software helps us manage so many different moving pieces of the business, I don't know what we would do without it.

Pros

Love the fact that Pet Exec has features for nearly every piece of our business. Daycare, Grooming, Retail & Inventory Management, Time-keeping & Payroll, Client Management & Communication, it's all there. After almost 4 years of daily use, I'm still discovering new and useful features. Customer support is great and the Pet Exec team is constantly working on improvements to better serve our changing business. Intuitive and easy to learn, I HIGHLY recommend this software!

Cons

would like to be able to separate out types of clients for targeted emails better and would like software better integrated with our Clover POS - esp in terms of emailing receipts.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made me feel very comfortable with this software, the company and their mission. Also liked the fact I could "try before you buy" to get a feel for the way things wrok.

Response from PetExec

Hi Marc! Thanks so much for giving us this review. Our aim is to make our packmates like you extremely happy! It is also a huge goal of ours to make sure that our prospective packmates discern, with the correct information, that we are a good fit for their facilities. We appreciate all of your feedback. -)

SB

Good software but cumbersome navigation

Pros

The best thing I could say about PetExec is that once you understand how to use the software its pretty easy to navigate. You get it the information to the developers and they set it up which is a better experience than I've had with other software companies. Receiving payments, adding customer credit, reviewing purchase history and future schedules are available which is really helpful in everyday use. Customer support for this software is phenomenal! They have a chat option once you log-in and you can ask the agent any question about how to find something and you'll have an answer within minutes if not seconds. That is probably by far the best feature of this software--I don't need to use it often but when I do its really nice to have it available. Also, they have documentation available on how to find things or do things in PetExec.

Cons

A downside to using PetExec is that completing an action in the software takes a lot of clicks and uses multiple screens. All of the pet, client, booking, etc. information are all on a different pages and to get to those pages its not as simple as clicking a button which is unfortunate and can complicate things when you're speaking to a customer and they need to check out and want information about their account. You cannot just look at a customer page and have all of the information available you have to find where that information would be then click on a link that will take you to another screen that will have a button that can take you to another screen that actually has the information you need. The software in general is not very intuitive but it does have mostly everything you need.

Zaira

Industry: Writing and Editing

December 2022

PetExec

Pros

I used PetExec for my job at Dogma Daycare. I enjoyed that it was a place where I was able to see all the registered dogs for that day, and allowed my coworkers and I to stay organized. I was also able to match dogs faces to their names using this site

Cons

I didn't like that in some sections the images of the dogs did not show up

Response from PetExec

Hi Zaira! Thanks for your review of the PetExec system from an employee standpoint. We love to hear that it worked well for you to have good visibility and organization. We are glad that you had a good experience!

Replied December 2022

Nicole

Dog Boarding Only

I feel like it does everything I need from Boarding to Daycare to products. It does make life easier.

Pros

This software has made my life easy. I like the automated reminders to clients about boarding and I love the ease of booking and changing reservations as needed. It takes the stress out of what we do.

Cons

Because I'm only boarding and sometimes daycare, there is a lot that this software does that I don't do. I wish that when signing up, getting help to set it up would have been a free service. When you're starting a business there are a thousand things you must pay for and it's overwhelming. So I feel like what I'm using could be streamlined better, but I'm not a Pet Exec genius to be able to set it up myself. I just did the best I could. Or after 3 years or more of using the product that we would earn free help to really set it up right.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

It's been awhile now, but I think i just liked the calendar view and the ease of using it. I honestly can't remember what the other's looked like now.

Alex

You ask

All has gone well for most part. I wish we had more details on dashboard that shows more information about numbers expected and what is coming in an ease of looking at next day. Grooming If I have a groomer taking a day off you cannot just mark the groomer off that day and if you use customers doing online schedule unless you have someone looking at requested on a moment by moment basis can really mess you up. Can be double and triple booked for 11am the same day booked that mornings Does not show busy

Pros

Reporting and ease of use. Was told that checking in and out was about to be updated still waiting on that.

Cons

Turn in request for things and never see anything more about them. Billing from system is very convoluted and not a easy process. If you must do like a refund not easy and seems to be different with each one.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Looked like it had better billing.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

Billing issues with Gingr and rolling out software with no testing

Response from PetExec

Hi Alex! We just love having you as a valued packmate. We do read each and every feature request and when feasable to the majority of our packmates, we update/create new features! We do have some exciting changes in store in the next several months and beyond so stay tuned!

Replied April 2021

Heather

A lot of great features

Overall I am happy with our switch to PetExec. I think the software has great potential and it makes my everyday job easier. I wish there was a bit better support for it as I found the fee for a walk-through to be a bit high and my experiences with customer service were a bit lacking - handed an article rather than being walked through a solution, being told things would transfer from the previous owner that were not. However, I am sure this is unique to our circumstance and I wouldn't let it hold someone else back from deciding to go with PetExec. I recommend PetExec because it is very interactive with our customer base. Customer's can have their own accounts where they have a bit more control over their appointments. In addition, reporting is awesome! I can run tax reports, sales reports, boarding counts, etc that make monitoring my business's progress a breeze.

Pros

Email blasts Notifications and reminders Interactive with customers Reporting features

Cons

A bit complicated Compatibility with other services Customer service

Reasons for choosing PetExec

PetExec was a bit more advanced and I see promise in where the software is going.

Rosanne

Best Software for Pet Daycare, Boarding, Grooming...business

Extremely satisfied with the product, customer service and entire company.

Pros

Our entire customer business is in this software. No need for other customer products. Easy to use and immediate help from the company when needed.

Cons

To start, you must add your customers into the product, but once you're done with that part, it is more than worth the time spent.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

PetExec seemed more professional at the time we were looking. Liked the feel of PetExec better during the demonstration.

Response from PetExec

Hi Rosanne, thank you for your review of PetExec! We pride ourselves on providing an honest and tailored presentation to make sure that you are getting a good fit for your operations management needs. It is our pleasure to get to know you and your business!

Nikki

So easy to use!

Pros

PetExec is super user friendly. When training in my employees it takes less then an hour to show them the system. With so many options to customize I feel like it was made for our business. The customer service is unmatched! If I have an issue they are right there to walk me through it.

Cons

We have yet to find a flaw. Again, with PetExec the customer service is unmatched if I have an issue they fix it or find a solution.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Reviews! We also did many trials and found the ease of use was amazing with PetExec.

Response from PetExec

Thanks Nikki! We are thrilled to call you one of our valued packmates! We love that you LOVE our customer support and the efficiencies of the system. We will keep working hard for you!

Replied April 2021

Brittany

Industry: Veterinary

Great way to keep track of your clients, reports and information all in one place.

Love the ability to keep all the information stored in one place. Love the online access as I can generate reports and check client info from my computer, phone or even a tablet. Once the clients are in the system re-booking them is a breeze.

Pros

The on boarding team was amazing walking you through the free trial and even did a personalized demo. The Paws on Board team designed and set up all the functions I needed as we got the business up and going. They made sure everything was working and that staff knew how to add clients to the portal and generate reports.

Cons

Once the initial set-up was complete and we were using the product it seems impossible to get a response back from customer service. There are some things that need changed with the way the business needs are changing and I can't get a response back from the team that help me set up the software in the first place.

Reasons for choosing PetExec

Ultimately the help with on boarding and a lower monthly rate. Had the features I was looking for and the ability to "hide" features I wasn't going to be using to unclutter the dashboard

Summer

Services

Overall I give a 7 out of 10. Each time we ask something we get told no we can't do that or it doesn't work that way. Should be more user friendly meaning adaptable to how the business works not adapt the business to pet exec

Pros

The daycare features and ease of texting clients

Cons

The boarding is EXTREMELY overwhelming and to many pages to be able to just check someone in, no ease in adding new clients, can not look at availability easily ( like an open calender) , unable to change functionality to meet your buisiness ( how you charge especially) , the boarding portion is what is turning us away from the system

Not sure at this point.

Reasons for switching to PetExec

Hoping for a system that was more based for boarding.

Response from PetExec

Hi Summer, Thank you for letting us know your impressions of our boarding module. As we discussed in depth, your situation with the enormous size of over 400+ inhouse clients is quite a load for any cloud based system to handle. We knew going in that the complexity with that many clients might be an issue, but we wanted to at least allow you to give it a try. In any case, we will do what it takes to help you and are sorry that you feel the system is not working for you. Please reach out to me and I will do all I can to help.

Angela

New Upgrade Is Great; Customer Service is Tops

I've been using Pet Exec for several years now and, while some software quirks and inconsistencies are frustrating, overall the software is VERY functional and easy to use. Things are continuously improving and the customer service / technical support team is excellent. I would like to see the functionality for customers making their own reservations improve. Unless I'm behind the times (which is entirely possible), customers can log in and make reservations, but the team at the business doesn't have visibility or "approval" step before the reservation is entered into the system. This may not be an issue for some businesses, but for ours, this step is essential. We offer Chauffeur Service and specific drop-off windows for boarding clients. The reason we haven't switched to allow our customers to make their own reservations is that we might miss some last-minute Chauffeur pickup requests. I have put in a software upgrade request on this matter, so it's possible the team is considering it. Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm happy with PetExec and the automation it has been able to bring to our facility. While other daycare/boarding facilities in the area are still using whiteboards or hand-written kennel cards for feeding and meds, we have beautiful feeding lists to keep us on track. This alone has reduced our food prep time and increased our accuracy. The Boarding Snapshot has also greatly reduced our holiday preparations since we are able to see at a glance who is boarding so we can accommodate their special needs. Thanks, Pet Exec!

Pros

Ease of use, good reporting, fairly clear layout. Love the timeout for security purposes - especially when you have a multi-person front desk. Having a history of what each person did is great for accountability and continuous improvement. LOVE the new dropdowns next to Owner's Name & Pet's Name to go to frequently used functions.

Cons

Inconsistencies like having a certain function on a page (like the owner drop-down menu), but not on the next page (like Owner Credit Cards, for example). Clicking the "back button" not taking you to the previous screen, but way back to the Dashboard so you have to perform a search again, Boarding cards opening in a separate tab (good) but Feeding Reports open in the same tab (bad because you're so used to things opening in a new tab, you often accidentally close out Pet Exec altogether and have to log back in). The issue about owner-initiated reservations that I discussed in my review is preventing me from rolling out this valuable functionality. Inability to delete the default Pet Behavioral Advisories - most of the defaults don't apply to us and the custom ones we've created get lost in a long list of checkmarks.

Anna

So Happy with Pet Exec software

As noted above, I believe the fee has been more than covered with ease of use equaling loads of time savings. I belong to other dog day care owners groups and every time someone new asks what software do you use I am happy to say "Pet Exec" they understand my business needs and work very hard behind the scenes to continually enhance my experience.

Pros

I've been a client since we opened 8 years ago. The initial support was very good. and I haven't looked back. The best thing about them is a couple of things: I find the facebook group very helpful when I have a question. They are continually upgrading and refining the modules-With updates built into the very reasonable subscription fee. Training new hires on it is a breeze. Now admittedly, I am not a big facility and I am sure I don't use literally half of what is in there, but I know it is a powerful system that saves me loads of time and money. I think it is the time savings that I appreciate the most (with auto confirmations and email blasts being so easy to do). Oh and I just discovered the two way texting feature! This has allowed us to communicate so much faster and adding in an image is easy. My Clients love this! Reporting functions are good and allow me to quickly handle monthly reconciliations and deposits. The color coding feature is really great and I can be confident that my employees can readily see alerts and mange when I am not in the office.

Cons

I cannot really think of anything much. If I do have an enhancement request there is a straightforward way to communicate it to them.

Angela

Other feature ideas

We run a large scale daycare and boarding facility and it would be much easier if there was a feature like feeding and medical charts so we can easily keep track of who is/isn't eating and dogs that have play injuries, sensitivities, or anything else. When you are trying to keep track of all of it it is harder to go from boarding dog to boarding dog on the dashboard instead of having a printable spreadsheet type deal. For instance, there is a software for zoos that has a function like that so they can pull up track records for those related things for each animal and you can check off who has/hasn't eaten as well as notes on who needs tended to, but it includes the notes on each animal that is having issues in a solid list instead of a medication list. They track on whether they ate or not is the most important, but for right now we have a notebook and whiteboard to track those things (like who has diarrhea, who threw up when and who hasn't eaten) when it would be much more efficient to have it as a function that the front desk staff and everyone would see. It would definitely streamline how my canine kitchen is ran and how much time it takes us in a day. A feature to click from profile to profile (swipe right like tinder haha) so I can easily update details for each dog instead of opening a million tabs and keeping track of where I left off constantly would make life easier for me as well. Thank you!

Pros

The ease in sharing information on each dog, the accessibility, the option for report cards, all the neat features to keep my dogs organized and having saved profiles for each dog to retain detailed information on them.

Cons

Lack of mass organization and accessibility to view all details on each dog at once. I would like to be able to scroll through and read about each dog in house to make it easier to keep track of feeding, issues, playgroups and behavioral notes.

Heather