Browse Afi SaaS Backup Reviews

Jamie from Bundle Training

Excellent software and piece of mind

Pros

We love the fact that we have everything constantly backed up - with the ability to easily recall previous versions of creative projects if there's a corruption or anything else goes wrong.

Cons

We've had a couple of issues with the UI not displaying properly when we needed to get into the system. Support were able to fix though.

Matthew from The Glennie School

Review of GSuite backup solutions

So far, it has been a great experience. The only issue we have really experienced is regarding notification for billing as the email notification seems to not be obvious as it references a different company and/or is auto-generated from the company's billing system.

Pros

AFI is a stable solution that is mid-range priced for schools. It is difficult to justify the cost of SaaS backup solutions compared to traditional on-prem backup solutions so we need to find the cheapest solution that allows us to comply with overarching laws, legislation and policies. At the same time, the solution needs to be stable.

Cons

Our previous SaaS backup solution/vendor had more inclusions/services at a cheaper price than AFI so it was difficult to pitch a move to AFI to our school management. It seems that backup products are not considered in-depth at a management level as it is a simple cost for compliance discussion.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

Cheapest cost which also addressed the issues that we were seeing/experiencing with the incumbent product.

Reasons for Switching to Afi SaaS Backup

The stability of AFI and the support for issue resolution was significantly better with AFI. In saying that, the price of AFI vs Syscloud was/is significantly more.

Reliable, low maintenance and great support

Pros

We've been using the service for 2 years now, and its been great and reliable. We do test recoveries every month. Very easy to use, especially self-service portal for end-users reduced the load on IT by factor of 3.

Cons

API documentation could be improved with real life examples and blueprints

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

- ease of use - modern security ( SOC2, managed encryption keys, MFA, audit log) - excellent support

Reasons for Switching to Afi SaaS Backup

Was good at first, but over time we started experiencing problems with data recoveries and data access. At the point where we grew our usage to 15k users and close to 200TB in backup size, the overall responsiveness of the service went down.

Michael from Good Light Mag

You can't rely on it

I used this to back up my small G-Suite account with five people. Technically, this worked fine. Our Google Drive has nowadays more than 5 TB of data, which is not all that big for a G-Suite account. Such a drive can get much bigger, and Google won’t charge extra. But Afi does. Even though their pricing page clearly says that their license is purely user bases and that shared drives are included at no additional cost, their customer support had a bad surprise for me. They wrote to me that our G-Suite account is larger than 5 TB in their system, so they had to charge $350 per month instead of the $15 per month that I signed up for. That was a shock to me. They stated a fair use clause in their ToS, but when I looked it up, that clause did not mention the 5 TB limit, neither any volume-based price that they have to charge. So I did not pay the $350. We lost our backup and had to switch the provider. In case you take your chance and work with this company despite their questionable business practices, I suggest you either keep a close eye on how much space your G-Suite account takes up in their system or be prepared to pay much more than anticipated.

Pros

You can assign different service levels for the various users of your G-Suite organization

Cons

You can suddenly lose your backup when your data consumes a certain amount of space in their system.

Simon from Information Technology and Services

The only feasible solution to backup Drive in Google Workspace

It mitigates the lack of a built-in backup tools in Google Workspace very elegantly. The build-in data security features of Google Workspace are not sufficient. "Vault", "30 days rewind option" and the "file versioning" are not capable to recover a random human error. (example: John Doe deleted the folder with the quarterly figures 40 days ago. He didn't realise it within the 30 days period, that the onboard tools would cover, because he uses them typically only all 90 days. And vault can only recover single files and looses a lot of metadata).

Pros

It backups also all metadata that we allocate to files in Drive. Ease of use.

Cons

Each recovered document gets a new document ID. This is imminent to the Google API - alle backup solution today are dealing with it. But from a user perspective still not ideal.

Reasons for Switching to Afi SaaS Backup

Lack of secured metadata in Google Workspace.

Adam from SoftVig

Afi SaaS Backup review

We wanted our users to be able to restore their files from the backup and this software delivers this to us.

Pros

We use it Afi SaaS Backup with Google G Suite and we like most this software for very easy use. This program is also well documented.

Cons

At this moment, we have not found anything that we believe could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

I chose Afi software because of its price and ease of use.

Kane from Paws & Claws Adoptions Inc.

Afi SaaS Backup

Friendly, prompt personal customer service <3

Pros

Good integration with Google and was quick to setup and easy to see my backups google drive and restore.

Cons

Nothing really, only risk is that the product is not that well known as some others.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

Afi backups worked and allowed me to easily do restores over the other solutions that I looked at that sometimes didnt event work like Adonis offering!

Reasons for Switching to Afi SaaS Backup

They stopped supporting small organisations

David from Bruce Grey Catholic DSB

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Afi SaaS Backup - Review

Afi has been a great service so far. It is one of the few services that I would recommend without hesitation. It was easy to setup. It works reliably and is fast. It just stays out of your way and does what it's supposed to do without any complications or worries. I highly recommend Afi!

Pros

- Easy to deploy and manage - It is reliable and fast - Support has been very quick to respond to any questions I've had

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found anything about the product that I don't like. That's pretty rare.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

I researched the available products for G Suite backup and many of the "big players" had a lot of unhappy customers. All the Afi customers seemed to be quite satisfied. I demoed Afi and quickly determined that it was indeed the right fit for us.

Does the job

Started trial and converted to paying customer in 1 week, never have had to use their support so far

Pros

Reliable backup, no errors, issues or downtime.

Cons

We'd like to use the same vendor to backup our SFDC

Manu from Stone Oak Property Management

Great GSuite back up option

The functionality is generally on par with all the other vendors I checked out and tried. The pricing for the tier of service provided is ahead of the others

Pros

The pricing is better than the competitors I vetted, and the functionality is on par as well. The customer service has been stellar from the start of the sales process through questions that came up after full implementation.

Cons

At this point I have not found any issues that I dislike. There are some features like the archived emails being searched in a manner that might be improved from the current setup, but the system works well already.

Pricing, functionality, customer service

Patrick from Canberra Mandolin Orchestra

Industry: Music

Perfectly matched to our organisation's needs.

For volunteer-based non profit organisations, the capture and protection of organisational knowledge is a critical requirement. Afi were easy to deal with, the product was easy to install and configure and we have everything up and running in less than an hour.

Pros

Many competitive products that can back up shared drives were much more expensive and this is a critical function for us.

Cons

We are waiting for the ability to backup V2 (new) Google Sites, but this is waiting on a feature release from Google.

Reasons for Switching to Afi SaaS Backup

Spanning's pricing model was way too expensive for a small non-profit like us.

Ad from NetProGroup

Backup Solution perfect for M365/O365 users with no data on prem

Easy of mind. There is a alert setup which notifies you immediately if something went wrong.

Pros

It has a fully integrated interface with the tenant. The GUI is to our opinion user friendly and it is clear what every task is doing for you.

Cons

Setup was a little confusing for us since we are hosting multiple customers and the way to get our engineers in the portal was a small struggle but with the help of our account manager it was quickly solved.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

Due to pricing and the fact you can start with 5 licenses this was a better choice for smaller customers than the others who are either more expensive or have a higher requirement like Veeam has a 10 license minimum.

Fast Backup solution with support of OUs and G Suite groups

My company used another G Suite solution for a long time and we've switched to Afi after previous vendor could not recover the data after and data loss event. Afi solution is much more stable and we did not have any problems with backup/restore.

Pros

Nice UI, usage reporting, you can manage backup policies by Organizational Unit

Cons

None so far, we're looking for their launch of SFDC backup.

Response from Afi

Replied June 2019

Thanks! Salesforce is definitely on our roadmap!

Guillaume from Well Grounded

Perfect for NGO

Pros

Really fast to setup, ans easy to use. Not a lot of option. I'm not an expert, and I could manage to do it by my own. In couple of click all our date were saved. Impressive! The offer for NGO is very interesting.

Cons

For our need, there is no really problem I can see

Sten from Terrahost AS

Super happy

Works very well, easy to set up on all customers. I like that it is so quick to back up and it is easy to restore backup when needed

Pros

Opportunities to back up everything in the G-suite and that it happens quickly

Cons

Payment solution could have been better. Specification of what it is you are paying for and which customer. As well as opportunities to pay with PayPal had been a big plus

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

I did not look for other options as this suited my use 100% at a good price. And that I really appreciated all the help I got in the beginning

Miles from Optimhealthcare

Continuous backup of gmail

We needed continuous protection of Gmail accounts, and they are the only solution that does hourly incremental backups for Gmail.

Pros

+hourly backup of gmail +backup of google jamboard +price

Cons

Not localized (no french language option)

Jesse from Harrisonville CassR9 Schools

Very easy all around backup

Pros

The software was very easy to configure for backing up our organization's mail and drive data. The cost was very reasonable compared to other applications advertising to do that same thing.

Cons

I have not found anything negative about this software yet.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

The price, During the setup and trial period it has been very easy to use and manage.

Pros

usability, supports large environments, not expensive

Cons

we also need support of microsoft office 365

Response from Afi

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We certainly support large deployments - our biggest deployment is 40k+ seats!

Thomas from schoenstein kommunikationsdesign

Easy to use, well-arranged user interface, perfect

All I need - perfect!

Pros

I was unhappy since years with this or that circuitous and complicate g suite back up tool or Googles own Backup possibilities. Now all my wishes are satisfied with afi SaaS Backup. Having still the free G suite I'm always at the limit with the 15 GB storage. So it's necessary for me to backup my important mails permanently online and - from time to time - to my offline backup discs. Both works perfect with afi.

Cons

I can't say anything in this regard - everything fine for me.

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

Well-arranged clear interface to my needs

circuitous and complicate

Paul from Lively

Easy to implement, clear interface and human support vibes

Just what I needed.

Pros

Easy to deploy and understand for a semi-technical person. Has all the features you need.

Cons

Not much, maybe not sure how to pronounce the name!

Reasons for Choosing Afi SaaS Backup

Better value and payment options.