All Firefish Reviews

Carl

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2021

Firefish is a fabulous recruitment CRM

Lucy

Reviewed October 2017

Excellent customer service, brilliant, user-friendly software

PROS

It's interface and ability to navigate. 99% of it works and makes sense. There are a few areas of improvement, but they are always open to feedback and taking onboard new ways to improve their software. I've used other recruitment software in the past which has been very clunky and not easy to use, their functionality and ways to give us the ability to manage the system is very advanced. My team enjoy using it and it allows us to increase our workflow and conversions.

CONS

A recent update of the system was one that we felt wasn't needed. It does however look nicer, but some of the ease of use was reduced. However for new users I'm sure they wouldn't notice it, and my team are getting used to the update. Despite this, I still very much recommend this system.

Thanks for the great feedback Lucy, we're glad you're enjoying the system and finding it better than the rest! I'll pass your feedback onto the team.

Replied October 2017

Rob

Reviewed March 2022

A refreshing change in the recruitment CRM space

Firefish is a huge improvement over our previous CRM and has allowed our consultants to work a lot more effectively and efficiently across the board. Especially when working in a hybrid environment, the browser-based product allows access from anywhere. Also, the support is second to none with fast response times, knowledgeable experts and clear explanations.

PROS

The user interface is excellent and very intuitive. We also like the fact that the product is constantly evolving with new features regularly being added. We also like the fact that feedback from customers is taken on board and used to further improve the product.

CONS

Some features/functions can take a long time to implement but there is a fantastic community where ideas are raised and voted on. If a client requires a new feature to be built or custom fields to be added for example, this can be prioritised via professional services.

Reason for choosing Firefish

Best balance of features, functionality, cost and future potential

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Lack of development of the product, very inefficient desktop application and convoluted processes.

Hi Rob, Thanks for your kind words, it's amazing to see hear how Firefish has helped your business! Keep swimming!

Replied March 2022

Leon

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Feedback

Onboarding was good, training wasn't great everyone seems to be in a rush to get off the phone except [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is an absolute superstar.

PROS

Lots of functions, and features that can be utalised.

CONS

A few hidden costs, if after 3 months your workload increases and Firefish isn't for you, you find yourself roped into a 12-month contract. Way too over the top for what it is supposed which makes it over complicated.

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Hi Leon, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so sorry you ended your Firefish journey on a negative note particularly as we never had the opportunity to discuss the situation or come up with a solution together as we were unable to get in touch with you. Like most SaaS businesses, our minimum subscription is 12 months and this is highlighted clearly in our terms and pricing FAQs on our website. Upgrading to a higher-level package with more features naturally comes with additional costs but these are not hidden. We take a lot of pride in our customers' success, so I apologise that your experience didn't meet your expectations. We will certainly be taking on board your feedback regarding the training and will review internally with the team. If you'd like to discuss any of this in more detail, please get in touch you have my direct contact details. Kind regards, Louise Cunningham Director of Customer

Replied May 2021

Kelly

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Excellent ATS for SME recruitment businesses, I would chose over others I have used in the past

I love this software and would recommend it to any SME business that is considering an ATS.

PROS

Ease of use, variety of features, and excellent customer service. The fact that you can make suggestions to help improve the user experience and this is then voted on and implemented shows that they actually listen to customer feedback.

CONS

I feel the marketing of candidates to clients could be easier.

Reason for choosing Firefish

Customer service, ease of use, and price were all exceptional. Having used Bond Adapt and Bullhorn previously, I find firefish to be easier to use and have more features and benefits, at a better price.

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your review. We're glad you love Firefish, our customer service and find the product easy to use. Many Thanks, Amy

Louise

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Easy to navigate, great customer service

The onboarding process and training was fantastic, and the ongoing support is really useful.

PROS

The software is easy to use, certainly much easier to navigate than other recruitment CRM I have used previously. I like the fact they are listening to users and continually making changes to the platform.

CONS

I am not a fan on the CV formatting section, I haven't been able to use this successfully yet.

Reason for choosing Firefish

I was told by Itris that I would need to host their software myself, which seemed ridiculous. Firefish was much easier to set-up, easier to use and is cheaper!

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Hi Louise, Thank you for your lovely review. We're sorry you're having trouble with the CV formatting. I will get someone from the support team to reach out and help with this. Thanks, Amy

Replied March 2022

Garvan

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2022

Firefish Review

Very positive, the product is intuitive, support is excellent and there are regular updates with good enhancements.

PROS

Logical workflows so easy for new staff to learn the system.

CONS

Jobboard integrations could offer more functionality like how many credits used/available per month, which adverts are posted on XX job board and editing adverts within a period (if allowed by the job board). Reporting could be expanded for better management visibility of individual and team performance.

Reason for choosing Firefish

Most intuitive and cost-effective with web integration

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Product was no longer being enhanced as acquired by Bullhorn so users were being moved to Bullhorn which didn't suit our business.

Hi Garvan, Thanks for your review. A member of the customer team will be in touch and run through a few of our new job board features that will help you with what your traying to achieve. Many thanks, Amy

Replied October 2022

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Feedback

Great system and great support.

PROS

Having moved from Bullhorn it is clear how much more support you get as an SME with Firefish. Lots of ways to drive improvements and is simple to train staff on, build KPI's and report. Also you get the ability to interact with your entire database.

CONS

Still some glitches that occur but always resolved quickly.

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Lack of support, ease of reporting and overall cost was a major factor.

Hi Paul, Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you're happy with Firefish and appreciate the level of support you receive. Many Thanks, Amy

Justin

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2022

Brilliant for both simplicity and customisation

Excellent. A great and accessible [SENSITIVE CONTENT], superb team and great technology

PROS

Simplicity Customisation Customer Service Roadmap of new product development

CONS

Reporting features could be easier to access and have been built previously - however good work team getting these built now!

Simplicity Customisation Felt better customer service

Hi Justin, Thank you for your lovely review. We're so glad you're loving Firefish and happy to let you know that we have more continued improvements and features coming for reporting in the coming months. Many thanks, Amy

Replied October 2022

Mary

Reviewed December 2022

A Must For Recruiters!!

Helps generate more business/sales

PROS

Great onboarding -Easy to use recruitment software - helps generate more business -good system for managing candidates and recruitment process

CONS

Can be a bit slow sometimes but overall very useful recruitment tool

Reasons for switching to Firefish

RDB was not an efficient system /not user friendly

Hi Mary, Thanks for your review! We're so happy that Firefish has helped you generate more business/sales. Many thanks, Amy

Replied December 2022

Rachel

Facilities Services, 1 employee

Firefish Review

With 20 years industry experience and many systems behind me this is the best I have ever used. Plus the customer service right from the beginning with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and now [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been exceptional.

PROS

I love this software, I love the fact it is adaptable in every sense to the way I want to use it, from the set up to the e mail templates and how I communicate with my candidates. Its brilliant.

CONS

I honestly cant say anything negative. It is brilliant and I would happily recommend to anyone. I can't say anything negative at all.

Reason for choosing Firefish

I found the customer service element from Beth to be so personable, plus the fact it is so adaptable to my personal needs to my business. It was my first choice.

Hi Rachel, Thank you for your review. We're so glad that you love the software and that you've had such a good experience with Firefish. Many thanks, Amy

Simon

Firefish - You are everything we wanted and much more

A CRM that works with and for us, what is there not to like. Since day one the staff have been friendly and helpful and not question is a burden.

PROS

The simple and honest answer is everything. When WDCS started looking for a CRM system we had lots of criteria and instantly thought about another product that we have used for multiple years, but when we visited the Firefish stand and the recruitment expo it all became a "no brainer"! In Firefish we found a system that catered for all our needs and actually thought for us and helped us increase candidate and client contact. The platform itself is very user friendly and very easy on the eye, it allows you to input KPI, Sales figures and actual billings and run reports. The part that impressed me the most was that we are able to allow candidates to access and update their own profile and make the decision themselves if they want to receive job updates, newsletters and are happy with WDCS Data compliance. I haven't even mentioned connecting it to the job boards and being able to run our own adverts from Firefish and post on to partnered sites. Definitely above all else the ease of use has to be the biggest thumbs up! If you are reading this and not using Firefish then you are definitely missing out!

CONS

So far nothing that I don't like about it, far superior to other systems that I've used in the past

Reason for choosing Firefish

It seemed a more powerful product and the UI was better

Reasons for switching to Firefish

It was an awful product and needed so much human input

Amy

Staffing and Recruiting, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Wise May Ltd - Review on Firefish

Fantastic overall service. The team are quick to respond, always happy to help and NOTHING is too much trouble. I have worked for a company and used a different database for the last 10 years, I feel with the Firefish technology I will be in a much stronger position than before, it does things I didn't know a database could do, I have been amazed at everything it has to offer. I have received complete help & support with my website and I am so pleased with the finished product! Couldn't be happier with the service overall.

PROS

From start to finish the Team at Firefish have made the process very seamless and stress free. The Software itself is extremely intuitive and user friendly. The searches are great!

CONS

I can't think of anything I don't like about it

Reason for choosing Firefish

I preferred it and Firefish came back to me much quicker than the others, I felt they wanted my business. I had a demo that day and didn't feel that I was being pushed into a hard sell.

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Started up my own company

Tim

Great service, great product

Just overall it has been a great experience from first phone call (the pitch)4 years ago to integrating it with a new website last month. Great service, good product and great value.

PROS

It's easy to use, easy to change to your exact needs, we bought in to the database as it's set up with just recruiters in mind and you get a first class service, you can actually pick the phone and get an answer within 5secs rather than 'raising a ticket' which takes 48hrs for an email response.

CONS

Honestly, nothing, it is very much the 'ronsil' of recruitment software, it just does exactly as you need it to do.

Reason for choosing Firefish

For all of the above reasons.

Reasons for switching to Firefish

Bullhorn had terrible service and a terrible, clunky product.

Natalie

Excellent Product

From initial contact to where I am now the process has been faultless. The team were excellent in the early days (onboarding), and their ongoing support via Live Chat/ Blogs & Webinars is incredibly useful. The system is easy to use and integrates well with the other systems (job boards, email etc).

PROS

The functionality is excellent, its easy to use and integrates well with other systems (Email, Job Boards etc).

CONS

The software does have elements that I don't use in my business, but that's not really a criticism of the software more my inability to use all the functionality properly.

Reasons for switching to Firefish

I liked the functionality on Firefish & it was a more cost effective product for my business at that time.

Gillian