(3,270)

3,270

(1,090)

1,090

• Pros

• "Extremely easy to use and having had this at multiple companies, is a very reliable and FREE service that I highly recommend!"

• "Great tool, I really liked the part that shows the statistics, very easy to use, the interface is beautiful and very interactive."

• "I love this software it was amazing and easy to use. I have told lots of people to try this. Cause I love it been using it for 5years "

• Cons

• "There are a lot of tools and features in place, which can be confusing in the beginning. It may take some time to master the full capability of this tool."

• "The interface might be a bit complicated at first, but with training it could be understandable easily"

• "Although they have plenty of guides and help options, the learning curve is pretty steep. It takes some trial and error to get setup to the point of getting the best data you can."

Browse Google Analytics Reviews

Jem from Journo Resources

A bit fiddly at times, but by far the best package for checking and monitoring analytics

As a small business it's vital for me to know stats about engagement for advertisers, so this is the simplest way to pull that data out. The software is also easy to use on the go via the mobile app, as already mentioned. For a small business, it's also helpful that you can automate most of the reports, so as to save time.

Pros

Quite simply, this is the complete package: • In-depth: There are so many options in this, you'd struggle to find something you can't find out! The data kit is really powerful once you've got it set up, and I've used it with several clients to monitor everything from basic views on the page, to the journey across the site and how far they scroll down a specific page. • Mobile App: For headline stats, I've found this really useful as someone running a small business. You can quickly see on the go if what you've put up has made an impact, and there's still a surprising amount of flexibility and in-sight in a mobile app. If you've got a couple of accounts on the go, you're also able to log into multiple ones at once without faffing around. • Notes: Recently discovered and a big fan! The ability to make notes natively about spikes or troughs so when you're looking back later is great, so you can make sure you still view stuff in context.

Cons

Generally, I'm pretty impressed with this - the only faff is actually getting it set up in the first place. However, with a couple of tutorials from Google I was able to sort this out myself, so it is do-able! The only thing I've struggled with is checking outbound clicks - but I'm sure that is something someone who knows what they're doing can sort!

Michele from Plados

This is How You Track Anything

I started using it by just tracking page views and that was it. Then, in time, I started delving into more complicated settings and tracking more valuable insights. If I had the time to spend months in it, I'd still find more interesting things to keep track of and evaluate. Getting started was extremely easy, all of 3 seconds. And then you have an endless amount of tweaks and new features you can work on, in time and when needed.

Pros

It is as easy to begin using as possible, and allows as complicated a setup as you wish to have, allowing you to go as deep in your analysis as you are willing to invest time in it.

Cons

There is not much to dislike at all here. It's part of the Google ecosystem, so you have to understand you're using a Google product. That is not a con, just something to keep in mind.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

It has a much bigger base, it is powerful and is also a free product with no upsells. It also integrates perfectly with the other Google tools to allow for much better statistics.

Jamie from dDaniel Advertising

Maybe I'm Stupid

With someone with the proper skills to utilize Google Analytics--or even someone with the time to devote to learning all of the tricks of the Google Trade--this product can be the difference between sinking with a failing campaign, wasting a lot of your clients' money in the process, and being able to quickly and efficiently tailor digital advertising efforts to maximize returns.

Pros

If you know what you are looking for--and how to find it again after Google makes approximately 300 changes and updates--Google Analytics can be exceptionally useful. In our business, it is extremely important to not only know that a given media product is working for the client, but also to be able to PROVE the success (or failure) of a product to the client. Our clients--the business owners and their staff--want to be sure that they are spending their money on advertising products that work. It is very easy to claim that, yes, this product is working for you, but it is another matter entirely to be SURE and to be able to prove that success. Google Analytics allows us to track digital interactions with the customer's website. Typically, our clients have no idea if their websites are seeing increases in customer traffic following advertising campaigns (such as television and radio), or if the digital ads placed are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Cons

While the concept behind Google Analytics is great, the actual execution leaves much to be desired, at least for me. Maybe I'm completely stupid (a fair assessment) or too Gen X and not Millennial enough to find Google Analytics easy to use. It surely doesn't help that it seems that the user dashboard/interface changes every time I use it. Knowing how to navigate through the various levels and sections of the monstrosity that is Google Analytics to find exactly what metrics are needed in any given situation is an artform--and I feel like I've only just mastered stick figures and maybe a smidge of finger-painting. In short, I'm not an artist.

Craig from C.C.'S Lingerie & Bras

Easy to use Analytics tool for Newbies

Using Google Analytics tracking software is easy and provides the analytical insights about my customer traffic, engagement and conversion funnel. So, I can optimize my e-commerce website content, marketing and products to increase sales. But due to limited support from Google and no development or coding experience, implementing enhanced e-commerce tracking was not easy and made me spend more time than I would have wanted before going live. If Google can provide e-commerce tracking developer resource, it would help newbies like me get the best optimization insights in lesser time.

Pros

I implemented Google Analytics tracking on my e-commerce website. So, I could track where traffic is coming from, on what products it is converting and who are my customers. My favorite feature of Google Analytics is Shopping Behavior because it showed me the complete funnel of sessions of customers who engaged with product banners, how many of those customers ended up going to product detail pages, who from those added items to their shopping cart and finally how many bought the products. When I analyzed this funnel, I was able to determine the list of customers I could re-target so they bought more.

Cons

Implementing enhanced e-commerce tracking to correlate customer traffic and engagement with product performance was the most challenging part of Google Analytics implementation. Because I didn't have coding background and I never hired a professional developer. I tried to self serve by reading support documentation on Google's developer portal. Although that portal is pretty comprehensive with examples of code snippets, I didn't feel confident about customizing the code to fulfill my analytics needs. The concept of custom dimensions and custom metrics, scope and how to send data was complex.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

I chose Google Analytics over Adobe Analytics because of its negligible cost for basic website tracking and no limit on hits or page views. Adobe Analytics has no free version and has a limit on how much volume of traffic can be tracked in hit or page views. Once that limit is crossed, there is additional tracking cost. Additionally, there are more resources such as blogs and developer portal from Google available, which helps implement e-commerce tracking when developer experience is minimal.

Priyanka from Tatvic Analytics

Optimise Your Business with GA

I have been working on Google Analytics for a few years now and have seen the product mature greatly over the years. So far I feel GA is the best tool out there for the feature, functions and value it provides

Pros

Today, the cyberspace is dominated by Google and its products that each and every business uses it in some or the other form and so does the consumer. Therefore its a no-brainer to use Google Analytics to optimise how you’re business is attracting and retaining consumers on the internet. GA integrates across all Google suites and gives a comprehensive overview of what you should and shouldnt do to market your product/services to the global audience.

Cons

Like any software there are some limitations to features that might be better offered by a rival product.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Integration with other products, specifically Google suite. Ease of use and implementation Value for Money Results

Ankit from Univibe Network Private Limited

Simple, Intuitive and easy to use

The overall experience is very useful as it helps me identify my users in terms of user engagement and helps me identify where the user is navigating through the website.

Pros

The very first thing that comes to my mind is the simple and easy implementation for the product. I was able to set up the Tracker on my website and different pages in a matter of minutes and then started working on the funnels to deep down track the user engagement with the website

Cons

There could be exhaustive list of things that can be done with Google Analytics but unfortunately some of the features are not supported by Google. If Google could expand the features supported by them then it becomes very easy

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Overall the ease of use and simple implementation for the analytics helped me in choosing the Google Analytics over any other product

The best analytics tool available

We have been able to measure everything on our website and our clients' websites. This data has allowed us to improve our marketing efforts and drive more revenue.

Pros

Google Analytics is easy to set up, has incredible documentation, and allows you to track just about everything you could possibly need. The reporting options are solid and have been greatly enhanced by Google Data Studio.

Cons

While the reporting is good, it's not as visually appealing or easy to read as Adobe Analytics. This is especially true of the event reporting. Additionally, the pathing reports are pretty limited compared to what you get from Adobe Analytics.

Eunice from China grove auto

Good for tracking business insights

They had canceled my page and with this analytic tool I was able to figure out out why it happed right away. If it wasn’t for this tool I’d still be trying to reach google on the phone.

Pros

This is a useful software if you like to keep track of your business reviews. It calculates all sorts of numbers for you. Very useful and informative. No doubt about it. Highly recommend this product for your business it has all you need. If you are a beginner it’s very easy to use.

Cons

There’s other software out there but more expensive

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

I chose google analytic because it’s just easier to use with my google page and also the price Is much more to my liking’

David from iApotheca Healthcare Inc.

A fantastic free service offering

It's super easy to setup, and has a nice app where you can check on your stats easily. Also has a large number of sites you can do for free.

Pros

I loved that it was free, you can easily add more sites to it and it's tried and true. We've been using it for ages - I use it primarily through the app.

Cons

I am not sure about tracking on an SPA - and I'm also not super sure about doing anything custom with it. I feel like there may also be some PIPEDA issues if you are looking to use with Personal Information in canada .

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Google was free, fathom & pendo costs money, but I think actually is a better product.

Elia from BRB

Tools to analize website views

All the statistics of my business websites, even e-commerce, are collected by this platform.

Pros

This web application, used from a desktop computer, have all you need to analize your websites views.

Cons

Configurations, settings, reports are all a little bit confusing and not so easy to understand. Even the default settings are not quite good for basic usage. A lot of "share your data" enabled by default.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

More general, platform independent, a lot of features, a lot of integrations.

Tiffani from Softheon

Excellent, but it has its caveats.

Overall, I would rate my experience with Google Analytics 9/10. I believe it is an outstanding platform for a free application. If it wasn't for the amount limitations I've experienced with simple things within the platform, I would have rated this 10/10.

Pros

The thing I find most appealing about Google Analytics is its ease of implementation as well as its ease of use. While taking a course prior to using Google Analytics isn't entirely necessary, I highly recommend prior to implementing and utilizing Google analytics that you take a course online to understand the ins and outs of the platform. There is a ton of free information out there on Google Analytics that can really help new users quickly learn the platform. The more you familiarize yourself with Google Analytics, the better you will become at leveraging the platform for your particular business needs. This platform overall is great because it's free and can provide a very solid foundation for your business analytics.

Cons

It took me a while into using the platform to figure out what can be improved for Google Analytics. While it is an excellent platform to use for your business traffic analytics, I would advise people to be aware that it does come with its limitations. For example, you're limited to the amount of widgets (graphs, charts, etc.) you can include on one dashboard. For some users, this may not be a big deal, however for my company, this was a bit of an issue at times. This is a simpler example of Google Analytics' limitations, however once you dig a bit deeper into the platform and deal with events, goals, adding custom dimensions and metrics through APIs, you will likely find limitations in your corner with regards to the configuration of your data in some instances. This is why I would advise anyone to research using Google Analytics prior to implementing it. F=I would like to point out that for companies with ecommerce platforms, I've observed that this is the best type of website to utilize Google Analytics for.

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

The awesome tool to Track your Website Traffic

I am using Google Analytics for my personal Websites. According to my experience Google Analytics is the best and professional tool to analyze your website traffic. I can easily see the number of queries, which keywords people are using and how they can find my website pages. I can easily check on which search page my website is appearing. I have added sitemap of my websites in the Google Analytics, so my pages index quickly in the Google search engine. Whenever I add a new page or a new post or a new product in my website, I use the feature called (Fetch as Google) in Google Analytics. So my page, post or product appears in the Search engine within two to five minutes. Sometimes I also remove pages from my website just because of any reason, then I also remove the page from my Google Analytics account, so the 404 error doesn't appear in my Account. So overall my experience with Google Analytics is really incredible and fabulous. Because the Search engine optimization of my websites has been improved and I can include or publish the data in my website according to the users requirements.

Pros

The traffic analyze tools are really awesome of Google Analytics. I can easily track the visitors of my website. If you are using E-commerce website then you can also include or add the products according to the users queries and keywords. We can add the Sitemap of our website in the Google Analytics, so the pages can appear in the Search Engine very fast. We can add or remove pages from the Search Engine. The process is really simple, just add your website in the Google Analytics account and start tracking the visitors of your Websites.

Cons

According to my professional and personal experience, everything and every tool of Google Analytics is awesome. Even Google have changed the interface of Google Analytics. There is a new interface, so if you are an old user, you will have to learn few things in the new interface. But these new things are also really awesome.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

Web analytics of international class

Overall, Google Analytics is the best web analytics tool when compared to other tools available in the market. It gives us more valuable data and the user interfaces of GA are very user-friendly. Even I can make customized dashboards according to my needs. So I would like to recommend GA for anyone who is looking for a web analytics tool.

Pros

As a whole, people have many positive demonstrations with Google analytics. We especially like this since we can download our PDFs from our traffic reports and to our web pages. So, you can print out a hard copy. It helps you to recreate a hard and stable copy of the numbers and the demographic data and details of the customers. Your Google Analytics gives you the necessary data regarding yourself for your business clients and customers. The ones who need to know you and the ones who do not know you. It secures your position among customers and your respect in the meantime. We were working with SEO for several years. And our keywords have improved and started to be more catered to the proper demographics. All these are based on Google Analytics and its report. Now we will discuss the pros and cons of using Google analytics. You need to know these to make an optimum use from it. Many people love the google analytics platform. It is because it is thoroughly detailed. And the most broken traffic tools and this also shows you things with specific details like information including the number of people using your web page and the time they spend on your web page. Even the pages they load are given in detail. All these support you to be in touch with the potential customers according to their demographic range and ways of doing some trigging and catering. Statics and the proved from are examples.

Cons

The cons of this are something hard to say. This is the second most loved Google product after Gmail. It is extremely tough to take a rep call or an actual call from the phone to get technical help through Google Analytics.

Suzie from Melody Piano Detroit

Google Analytics Review

Overall, I've had an extremely positive experience with Google Analytics. I especially like that I'm able to download a PDF of my traffic reports to my website so that I can print out copies to be able to give to my team to review in meetings. It helps me have concrete and solid numbers, demographic information of potential customers, and it gives me piece of mind knowing that I have control over the content I need to provide to the potential customers visiting my company's website, because Google Analytics gives me all of the detailed information that I need in order to make sure that I am providing the information necessary. Not only this, but I'm able to ensure that I'm being found by the people that need to be finding me properly. I've been able to work with SEO (Search Engine Optimization), my keywords have started to improve and get more catered to the correct demographics based on my Google Analytics reports.

Pros

I LOVE Google Analytics! I've been using it for years, because it's the most detailed, itemized and best broken down traffic tool there is that I could find. I like that it shows you specified things such as the amount of time people are spending on your website and for how long, and which pages. Things like this help me really hone-in on what my potential customer base demographic is, and how to work on triggering and catering to what my industries target markets actually are based on proven statistics.

Cons

I can actually honestly say, that there's nothing bad I can say about Google Analytics. It's my second favorite Google product behind Gmail. The only thing I can really think of if I HAD to say something I like least, would be that it's extremely tough to get a rep on the actual phone (an actual call) to get technical aid.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Well, I have to say this, I do have traffic reports on lots of my online networks like my social media accounts, and the back end of my website builder, but they are nowhere near as detailed as Google Analytics is. Because of my Google Analytics account and report I almost never pay attention to the other traffic reports that are provided to me, because they aren't necessary. Google Analytics has everything I need covered.

Paul from TravelNet Solutions

The Non-Negotiable Software For Website/Business Owners

With Google Analytics, I have a comprehensive understanding of when people are visiting my website, what actions they are taking when they get there, and how it affects my bottom line. I know what marketing channels are most effective for me (organic vs. paid) and am able to make data driven decisions based on information that I know is accurate. Syncing this data with other products such as Google Data Studio also makes it easy to put together presentations for team meetings and executive retreats.

Pros

Google Analytics gives you everything you need to succeed in your online business, offering comprehensive data to help you understand how users interact with your website. From real-time reporting to custom data sets based on your desired conversions and events, everything is trackable within Google Analytics. To get the most out of the application, I would also recommend getting yourself Analytics certified, using Google's intuitive LMS software.

Cons

There's very little to complain about when it comes to using Google Analytics. If you aren't familiar with the system, it may take you a while to figure where to find the data that you're looking for, but with a little time (and going through the certification process) you can easily transform the way you use data to make decisions for your business.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

The reporting was significantly better, and we found no limits to the kinds of information we could find in Google Analytics (that was not the case when demoing Adobe).

Daniel from Computhink, Inc.

For free analytics software, it's very robust

Overall, I rely on this web application. The data's mysteries can't always be teased out with ease, but GA does make said data as clear and well presented as possible. If you utilize Google Analytics long term, you'll find it's versatile and expansive. A product which does more than it says on the tin, and does it for free.

Pros

I use Google Analytics every week, sometimes every day. It's my tool for monitoring traffic performance on our site. While GA doesn't allow us to examine individual known or tagged user's repeat paths to or through the website, it gives us incredible insight into aggregate visitation and use. We see how many users arrive organically or from referrals; how many arrived from X website vs Y and Z; which landing pages they came in on; which pages they navigated to after that. It's like watching a weather system. While weather systems are a bit more predictable (ha!), the data GA provides is still highly precise in the moment and over time - and it is invaluable. There is so much content available, we can't possibly look at and leverage it all every day.

Cons

While any individual lever is very easy to manipulate, knowing which to pull and when isn't for casual users. You must come in with some digital marketing background, and then you must study the software. Not just in general, in the context of your own website. Which elements you choose to ignore completely, which elements you examine over long vs short term, and which data is actionable - those all come from intimate understanding of your website's performance and purpose. For this reason, there's a bit of a learning curve. A bit of onboarding. Google has automated this process, which means you won't find help from a human when you most need it. I imagine that their high price paid version of the software funds its own support team, but it's a shame there is no intermediate option. Or at least there wasn't when we signed up years ago.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Over the years, we've been approached by several other analytics companies - ones who will do the monitoring for you, ones who will offer 24hr support, and so on. In the early days, I might have jumped on this despite the price tags that come with it. Google Analytics proved itself an excellent solution with time and trial. In the end, I think the learning curve was worth it so long as you have the bandwidth for that.

Analytics solution that grows with your project

I have been using Google analytics for several years both for professional enterprise software as well as personal projects. Google analytics is different from some other competitive products in that with GA, you get an aggregate view of the user behavior. Generally, this has been sufficient for new and growing apps, where I am trying to understand use behavior as a whole. I am extremely grateful that Google has offered this product for free to developers with lower traffic rates. The information I can learn from analytics is absolutely vital in the early stages when trying to understand what is working and what is not working; long before the operation becomes profitable. I have some projects that steadily get thousands of hits per day and others that get near 0 hits, but in both scenarios the analytics software works perfectly as expected even when the audience size scales. Some of the great features of google analytics are not discoverable until you have significant amounts of traffic, but I can attest the product overall is extremely helpful at that point. Most recently I added Google Analytics to my project yesterday. after several years of usage it is still - and will continue to be - my #1 go to product when choosing an analytics package.

Pros

Google Analytics offers lots of great features that make me choose it over competitive products: - Easy setup and customization; I have used it with websites rendered on a server and single-page apps - Ability to observe user behavior in real time - Web interface has excellent tools for creating custom reports and dashboards - Native apps let me check on the data when I'm away from my desk -- in fact the mobile app is my favorite way to study the data - When working with multiple apps, the program does a good job keeping everything organized - The free quota is very liberal, and this is very helpful and necessary when launching new bootstrapped apps and when funds are limited

Cons

Here are some of my pain points with Google Analytics: - When I add new projects in the mobile app, I must spend a lot of time to set up the reporting views. The app comes with built-in views, but I prefer my own. I have setup these custom views for other projects before. I wish I could easily clone my previous report view into the new project. If this feature does exist, it is too difficult to find even though I am a frequent user. I would like to see Google implement this feature. - Sharing reports and views in the GA web application works well between two or more projects that I own; however, sharing dashboard template with team members who are collaborating with you on a project has always been challenging. I have tried a couple of times and so far I have not been able to do this successfully

Cannot be beat

Excellent! Cannot complain at all!

Pros

Google Analytics is more popular than Wordpress and is used on nearly every single website created in modern-day. Why is this? Because it is free, it is highly flexible, and it gives you the ability to track custom events across your website, app, and other devices. Google Analytics is used by many to simply collect user visitation and bounce data, but the ability of Google Analytics goes much deeper. What do I like most? The simplicity, the price (FREE), and the extensibility. Nothing can compare to the amount of value that Google Analytics provides.

Cons

Google Analytics is not user-friendly. It is making strides forward, however, with its recent design overhaul and implementation of search-based question/answer data. The learning curve is steep for anything other than simple website visitor tracking. Furthermore, with the creation of Google Tag Manager and the constantly-updating set of scripts, Google Analytics can be a slight pain for those who have used the tool for a very long time. For new and infrequent users, however, this wouldn't be an issue. There are not many cons to Google Analytics outside of its few UI quirks and the learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

It is a free option, and it is the industry standard.

Subash from Optimus PPC Services

A Quintessential Tool to Improve Business Performance.

Google Analytics provides you data on traffic from all sources - be it paid, organic, referral, etc. So irrespective of you are a small blogger or an e-commerce site selling millions worth of merchandise per day, Google Analytics is a quintessential tool that will help you improve your business performance. Irrespective of Goals & KPIs - be it grow traffic, increase engagement, grow leads or conversions, increase revenues, etc - Google Analytics is a single tool that will help you move the needle - give you enough data and insights to improve your decision making and realise your goals.

Pros

1. Can track anything and everything that happens on your website and apps. It's so powerful. 2. It's free (for the basic version). 3. Powerful data analytics capability to help decision making. 4. Can handle massive volumes of data in a simple & easy way. 5. The paid version of Google Analytics - that is Google Analytics 360 is more powerful - so if you need more its available on tap but is expensive.

Cons

1. Heat maps are not available fully - on the console itself - although a rudimentary option is available to view it on the website page itself. Needs improvement. 2. It's like a balloon - you can get more if you take the effort to learn and the learning curve is also very steep. 3. Reports and data visualisation are taken away and created on another platform called Google Data Studio, the functionality should have been added to Google Analytics itself. 4. It's tricky to setup tracking for deeper elements and also the key functionality of setting up is broken away into another tool called Google Tag Manager - again the functionality should have been on Google Analytics itself. 5. Organic data points like search terms are left out of Google Analytics and another tool called Google Search Console needs to be used to get relevant data.

Esra from V-Count

Best tool to analyze your website!

Google analytics provides us meaningful insights about our website so we can improve it accordingly, attract new visitors and increase our potential customers.

Pros

I think Google Analytics is one of the most useful tools that Google has provided us with reporting. Thanks to Google Analytics, we are able to recognize and act on our web site. Google Analytics provides us with our visits of our potential customers and more detailed information about how we can reach our new customers. You can gather below information: How often is your website visited? Where is the location of your users? Which pages are receiving more clicks? On what page do users spend more time? What is the average time a user spends on your website? What are the actions that user takes on your website? Is the user entering your website by using a mobile phone or a desktop computer? Time is very important for your website's potential visitors. It indicates whether the visitor has arrived by mistake or to inspect your website. It also shows how much time they spent on your page or product in detailed reports. This shows how much visitors are interested in which products you have. So, by moving the most visited product to the forefront, you can provide more indexing of Google Search engines and reach new potential customers. You can get information about which product results in higher rates by adding keywords to the product details.

Cons

It takes time to get used to the integration. Documentation is good but still, it should get better.

Stanislav from Remotek Ltd

The Best in Digital Analytics

As a Google Analytics certified professional, I am a true proponent of the product. It can be used by anyone (even absolute novices) to monitor site visitors and general ups and downs related to performance, be it from paid or organic. A typical Analytics user is the business owner who doesn't know much about the product or digital marketing, but can still use the product to keep an eye on things - ease of use is sufficient. On the other hand, we have all the professionals - digital marketers or even hard core data analysts that can solve very complex business problems, some of which are unknown to the business before looking at the data.

Pros

The sheer number of ways you can look at data. Most often I've found myself needing to check traffic from a particular channel - whether it has been organic when analyzing SEO results, or paid when trying to verify PPC campaign reporting, get an overview of all paid channels, or dig deeper and actually segment data from PPC campaigns to gain additional insight. Google Analytics provides you with everything needed to analyze where your traffic is coming from and what it is doing on your website. You can typically answer all of the following questions by using Google Analytics - are there any particular pages that cause my visitors to leave more often than others, which are the pages that are driving most of my desired actions (conversions or goals), why is my site getting +50% more traffic like reported by my digital agency, but we're not getting anywhere near the increase in bottom line results. Behavioral flow is something in particular which is worth noting as a major pro. I haven't seen other platforms that offer this functionality and although it is quite hard to get your head around at first, one you do there is no limit to the amount of insights one can generate to assist with conversion rate optimisation or just improve flow through the website as needed.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve involved, but that is not a con of the product. Google even have an Academy where you can learn about Google Analytics and even get certified.

Great Tool For Website Analytics

Google Analytics is a great tool for measuring the success of your marketing efforts as well as better understanding your audiences and their behavioral flows. It can take some time to learn but once you get the hang of it, drawing out the data you need is very simple.

Pros

We use this software on a daily basis to review data and help us make decisions about where to focus our marketing efforts, especially with social. It allows us to gather information on demographics, which is great for ad targeting, especially when you also use the Google Pixel which provides conversion data. It allows us to gather KPIs for various campaigns as well as track the success of our influencers campaigns in combination with Google Tracking URLs. We have also found that the Google Data Studio, which draws from Analytics, is one of the most effective ways to create shareable reports that can be manipulated quickly and easily for specific groups of pages, which is great for us as we have multiple segments with different target audiences. While it can take a while to learn how to navigate Google Analytics, there are great resources online to help you. You can track user behavior which is great in determining where improvements need to be made in your buyers journey.

Cons

It can take time to learn how to manipulate Google Analytics so that it provides you with the information you need but once you figure it out it is a great tool. It would be great if definitions were built in. There are many terms I was unfamiliar with and I had to do online searches to get clarification.

Virginia from Zenergy Technologies

Google Ads: Getting into the "Googler" Mindset

This tool has helped gain better insight into the mindset of a “Googler” as opposed to a marketer and has helped our organic traffic grow enormously.

Pros

Google Adwords is by far the most useful online advertising platform I have come across yet, but not for the obvious reasons. Google Adwords has various features that can serve as beneficial to any small business to large enterprise needs. My preferred tool is the keyword planner, which provides you with insight into the most popular search terms with an average monthly search volume and competition for each. Since Google has certainly monopolized today’s search engines I would strongly recommend using it as your first resource when searching for key terms to include in your campaigns, website, and SEO purposes. For more insight into the search terms that you are already ranking for and is bringing organic traffic back to your website you can look into Google Analytics and cross reference those phrases with Google Adwords to see if there are alternatives or better opportunities for you to rank in this niche. Ultimately, you are looking for key terms that have a low competition with a high monthly search volume. The secret… you want low competition and high search volume. The keyword planner also lets you set up ad groups based on phrases that pertain to specific ad or topic and provides a bid estimate to give you an idea of how much it would take to run that campaign.

Cons

When setting up a Google Adwords account it is easy to get stuck in the billing cycle. If you don’t wish to have a card on file or would just like to use the keyword planner to get ideas or improve on SEO you can opt out of the payment process when you first create your account. Because we are a fairly small company we have not seen much monetary payoff for our campaign initiatives, which was limited due to a smaller marketing budget. If you want to see results you are going to have to spend the money or the ad may not reach the intended audience or large enough quantities for it to make an impact. For smaller companies, I suggest spending your time increasing your SEO, using the keyword planner - as you can gain a bunch of organic traffic to your website if done correctly and it’s free. Tips: One way to ensure the key terms or phrases you intend your content to show for is to complete a search for that term in Google and analyze its results. You can also you MOZ’s plugin to compare the page authority and domain authority of the other websites shown in the search results to get a better idea if your word or newly selected word would outperform some of the current results of the first page shown on Google.

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

Gold Standard

Without Google Analytics, we would have no idea what is going on with our site. We would not understand what browsers are being used, what percentage visit with mobile devices, where visitors are coming from, etc. GA allows us to make data-informed decisions--not guesses--about where improvements need to be made. With each iteration of our site, GA guides menu creation, page layouts, site structure, etc. We are continually tweaking our websites based on the data provided by GA.

Pros

Without question, Google Analytics (GA) is the gold standard of website analytics suites, especially since you get so much for no cost. I love that you can track multiple properties from one login, tracking conversions, behavior, visitor origin, exit point, how long they stay on your site, etc. For most people, GA is all you need to understand what is happening on your site, how well your SEO is working, the effectiveness of campaigns, etc. The reporting functionality is robust, and you can export reports to several formats for sharing. Allowing others access to GA so they can get the data is available, although the controls lack significant granularity. But the filtering of data is robust--just about any control you could want in this area is available. And since GA is everywhere, there are plugins for every major CMS that make it easy to implement on your site. I also like the new mobile app, which allows you to track your site's performance easily from your mobile device. Official documentation is robust, and there is no end of YouTube videos, blogs, and articles from third parties to assist with getting the most benefit from GA.

Cons

Data visualization on anything other that the GA site requires a separate service. GA is very complex and with Google making frequent changes to the product, it's easy to get behind with understanding where things are located and how it works. Google also seems to have eliminated one of my favorite features, the heat map, which showed where visitors were going on a page in real time.

Best integration tool created by Google for analytics of websites and more!

Fabulous creation!

Pros

I have built a website from scratch and to monitor the traffic and analyse the data, I look at a tool that could help me. Google analytics goes far beyond my expectations when it comes to displaying analytics about my website. The simplicity with which I can integrate Google Analytics in to my website code is remarkable. Either using the analytics code or the embed source code options, I can navigate through and analyse my website traffic. This is really great for SEO purposes too! It shows me multiple dashboards that help to monitor real-time traffic and their locations from where site and page hits are received. I am simply in love with the smart and beautifully designed analytics intelligence, that understands and responds to my questions appropriately. We have different methods to view automatic insights of the website data and observe various generate visuals and reports of the same. This helps us to track and analyse data periodically and also keeps us updated with different types of users and their access methods like language, location, new or old users, network, browsers they accessed, mobile device, etc. We can also observe the user behavior and set goals accordingly.

Cons

There must be a way to directly highlight the analytics or display the number of users on the website, that have visited the site. No cons as such as I truly believe this is a wonderful integrated tool and can be used everywhere to track and monitor website data instantly.

Alfredo from CANTV

An ally for our web pages

I work in a telecommunications company and we manage different websites. In particular, in our communications management we administer a website that can only be viewed by internal audiences and another site that is directed to the external public of the company and the community in general. For example, this tool has allowed us, in the case of the internal page, to know the interests of our workers regarding the news published by the company. Knowing what you want to know about our organization and has allowed us to detect that the news that reports on labor benefits, promotions and salary adjustments are the most visited month by month. In the case of our external website, the tool allows us to visualize that the community that visits our site does so to obtain information about plans and services, as well as top-ups for their mobile devices.

Pros

Using Google Analytics is essential when managing a web page. Since this tool allows you to have a comprehensive statistical analysis on traffic and the general behavior of our website, free. - The first benefit of this tool is that it is free. - It is easy to install or apply to our website. - This tool is great to have a daily record of how many people visit our website. - It offers detailed statistics about each of the URLs of our site that are most visited. - Generates daily navigation reports, visiting hours and busiest places. - Shows the number of visits to the site in real time on each of the pages. - It details the average duration of each visit, something that allows you to analyze the contents published there to make improvements. - Register the bounce rates of our website.

Cons

- I found it difficult to provide access to new users so that they can also review the statistics on the website. - Only the person who has access can see, online, the statistics that the tool shows. This has generated that in our daily practice only one person must export the reports to present them to the managers of the company. - If an account is disabled all the registered information is lost. That's why the tool forces us to take care of that initial registration as if it were gold.

Andrew from University of Arizona - Phoenix

Start Small, Get Big Data

I used the product initially to track traffic for a couple of websites and over time have learned how to better design our site to improve the user experience. You will probably be very happy with this product if you are looking for this level of detail. You may also find that it is capable of much more with a little bit of time. I do think that I will continue to use Google Analytics as it has helped me accomplish what I was looking to do, and I would recommend at least trying some of the tools in Google Analytics before looking elsewhere.

Pros

Like all of the G-Suite products, Google Analytics shines in it's ease-of-use and ability to get you started with analytics quickly. Embedding and measuring your pages is not a terribly hard thing to do, but Google Analytics gets you started in a way that is not intimidating. The tools and data that come with Analytics are all fairly easy to learn and put the important information in front of you right away. If you need to do simple usage tracking or interpreting how people flow through your content, this product is great. You can get more in to the detail and make the product very powerful for you with some commitment to learning the UI and features.

Cons

I can tell that there is a capacity to use this product in a much more intelligent and finessed way. I have spent some time learning just how to interpret certain tools and I am constantly fidgeting and testing the tools out to get different information. I have had difficulty finding help outside of forums, more videos or work guides could be developed. Google Analytics does assume you know a bit about statistics and tracking when you use it, so any first-time user will need to spend some time to understand what they are seeing.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

As a University with an agreement to use Google products, it only made sense to try this product out before looking elsewhere. Since it met all of our needs, we did not pursue other options.

One of the Best Web Optimization Analytical Tools

Pros

I use Google Analytics tool to track marketing funnel activity. So, I can analyze what marketing channels customers came from, what marketing content they engaged with on the website and how many products they added to their shopping cart before converting on specific items. This analysis helps me provide insights to my marketing team on what channels to target potential customers with and what content to optimize on the website. Since the tool is drag and drop, so its easy to use. It provides unlimited segmentation, so I am able to drill down to specific products, channels and customers who drove the conversion without writing complex SQL code. It also integrates seamlessly with Google Tag Manager so I can add my own event tags for e-commerce and engagement tracking.

Cons

Google Analytics tool is meant for marketing analysis of click-stream data trends. So, it does not provide robust analytics on exact number of orders completed, post ship returns or exchanges, etc. It also has limitation on how many items, customers or other conditions one can include in a filter or segment. In short, Google Analytics cannot replace the need of a data warehouse or relational database business intelligence tool which needs SQL knowledge to pull and analyze transactional data. Additionally, Google provides very limited support around tagging and custom implementation of enhanced e-commerce. So, one has to depend on having a big data team and developers who understand clickstream tagging.

Daniel from daniel2writing

Google Analytics - a mandatory but sophisticated tool

Google Analytics has helped me to have a strategic overview of my site. I couldn't imagine how to manage a website without Google Analytics. It's intimidating for a beginner, but it offers way too much data to ignore it.

Pros

You can't name yourself a blogger or a marketer if you don't use Google Analytics. Every webmaster wants to attract more and more traffic, therefore you should "convince" Google that you deliver the proper and relevant information. There is no better tool than Google Analytics to show your traffic stats because it was released by Google itself. It's logical - if you want to know how Google appreciate your site ask it for the details. Another huge advantage of Google Analytics is the massive volume of data provided. Practically, Google Analytics gives you all the insightful data required to improve the ranking of your site. The number of visits and users, time on site, bounce rate, audience demographics, devices used to visit the site, referral sites are all that provided by Google Analytics. Precious hint: if you want to get the most from Google Analytics, you should corroborate the information with Google Search Console. These are the all you need to run a highly successful website.

Cons

Google Analytics is an extraordinary tool, but nothing man-made is perfect. Even though it's quite useful for webmasters, it's frightening for beginners. A more user-friendly interface might be a solution. You may discover new options and features even after many months of usage. Luckily, there are many YouTube tutorials or online courses teaching how to use Google Analytics. Some SEO experts claim that Google Analytics doesn't provide accurate data. Well, I believe that Google knows better what Google wants, isn't it? Most likely, some data isn't perfectly accurate, but for the most of it the accuracy level is satisfactory for the majority users.

Ian from DOmedia

Now featuring selling points beyond merely being free!

Google Analytics has been an industry standard for a decade at least. At the beginning, it offered an astoundingly robust measurement suite for the very attractive price of "no money." As time went on, its features began to lag behind more specialized UI/UX/Ecommerce tools – though it still won handily on price, meaning the discussion was often more about "and" than "or". Google's new focus on improving the synergy between its various web, marketing advertising and analysis tools is starting to put the product back on top, however. The rollout of Tag manager, Data Studio, the revamped Google Ads and Search Console – and the ease of integrating these products – has been a dramatic leap forward in the sophistication and effectiveness of Google's suite of website/ecommerce tools. The hope is that this trend continues and begins to encompass tighter integrations with 3rd party apps (I'd love to see a native Hotjar integration) and that documentation catches up to functionality on the support side.

Pros

Google Analytics has always been good because it is free and fairly robust. In terms of power tools, it's like a dremel. It probably isn't the single best tool for any specialized job, but it is giving you a huge amount of functionality at a really attractive price point. And, as integrations with other Google products increase, Analytics is becoming much more powerful than it had been for the past 5 years or so (as it's first-mover advantage was eroded by new specialized tools).

Cons

Documentation and support. I mean, of course support isn't going to be on the table for a piece of free software from a behemoth like Google... but it would be nice if they would at least go back and update/remove outdated support articles and forum posts. It is nearly impossible to find the answer to a problem on your first try, as there are usually five different answers on the support site all corresponding to different times in the product's development. You just have to try them all until you find the one that's still relevant. Not the most efficient use of time.

Quratulain from QZ Consulting

Start Analytics here

Its still the best out of all other free analytics software. The others are limited

Pros

The biggest benefit is the ease with which you can setup GA; due to its freemium model, nearly all the available CMS and web platforms allow for integration by simply adding the generated id. Once the integration is taken care of and the tool confirms that its receiving data from the site, it walks you through the software and gives insights. Google constantly adds more features to it, which means even beginners can get insights without custom dashboards because Google will inform if there is a problem on the site somewhere that should be looked into. Last, the tool gives enough insights into performance of your web property that one can easily stop problems and decide how to grow their revenue.

Cons

There are some serious issues with currencies and time formats when looking at the same account from phones etc. For instance, one property is set to a different timezone from where i'm physically present hence analytics always shows me inaccurate data on the phone whenever there is a time/date mismatch. i will need to wait for my website date and my phone date to align before it will show me accurate data. Adsense data only works with USD currency regardless of what the adsense account currency is and what the GA web property currency is. The Mobile App will ofcourse show the currency of the place the mobile app store is registered with. So much disconnect and this is all within Google official apps.

Adrian from Pearson

Exactly what you need to analyze your brand and customer’s awareness of it on the Internet

The service allows its customers to be aware of how your customers interact with the content provided on your website. It allows you to analyze what modernizations and adaptations are required to change your services for the better. It is definitely a solution worth recommending.

Pros

With Google Analytics, we can collect all the various KPIs for running online marketing campaigns. The program provides us with everything from page views to bounce rates, setting up different goals, etc. to measure the success of our campaigns. The functionality of Google Analytics gives us a possibility to set our benchmarks to compare what we are doing versus the metrics that we have collected in the past. It is a very robust tool, and a lot of features are packed in there. Google Analytics is a web metrics web application. With the help of Google Analytics, our employees are able to analyze visitor traffic. It also provides us with all the necessary data to make us able to paint a complete picture of who our audience is and what their needs are.

Cons

Ultimately, there is not much to dislike about Google Analytics. One of the biggest issues we face fairly regularly is the constraints on the number of goals. Besides, we would consider Google Analytics not only a solution with the easiest analytics to run but also one of the best on the market, if it gave us the ability to reprocess the information as well. In this perspective, it is really important to be careful and highly focused when creating files and naming them, tagging campaigns, etc.

Harshit from Nuviso Networks

With Google Analytics, you will Know your customers !

The overall experience of Google Analytics has been excellent, we been able to mould our offering to the end user in a way that he/she gets the most out of the website and make an informed choice when dealing with a purchasing decision.

Pros

Google Analytics has helped us understand our consumers better. We have been able to get real time updates about the audience on the site, which page they are active on and which application/product is getting the most number of views and so and it also help us in making our landing page better by providing a more intuitive experience.

Cons

The software is excellent in most aspects, however there were features like acquisition and behaviour where we felt a lot more can be provided by the site, and the iOS and Android apps can also be a lot better with respect to intuitiveness.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

The core reason of choosing Google Analytics over others is the integration with Google Webmaster the other services like Google Adwords and Adsense. So it's a family of products that makes Google Analytics a top product.

Patricia from OneHope

Help! I'm not an analyst

Google Analytics can tell me a lot about what's happening on the websites I have a reason to administer, but it's always a bit of a slog to get in there and track down the information I'm looking for. I never count on being able to look it up on the fly, for example, during a meeting while my boss waits on what should be a simple answer to a straightforward question. But I'm glad it's there, and I fully admit that if I got better at using it, my experience would doubtless feel much different.

Pros

Sure, I'm no analytics expert - but should an advanced degree really be required to decipher what Google Analytics is supposedly telling me? Shoot me for wishing it were simpler. But let's start with the good stuff. Google Analytics is industry standard for a reason. Without a doubt, it's a robust platform that has all the features (and many, many more!) that you would need. I probably haven't clicked in all the places I could possibly click within the platform. I love the idea of understanding better how our team's websites and digital tools are performing, but I've never found it to be an easy or quick process to check the dashboard and figure out exactly what it's telling me.

Cons

As is often the case, the richness of data is not a predictor of its usefulness. By its very nature, Google Analytics is overwhelming in how much it can tell you. But it may not answer the questions you have as quickly and easily as you might expect. For starters, you have to know an entire other language--learned entirely via the tooltip definition pop-ups littered throughout. Once you do have your data in hand, that isn't the end of the story. Why did my website traffic spike Tuesday in users accessing it from West Virginia? Google Analytics can tell me what happened, but not why. So you still have to be a sleuth to track down the real story the data is telling. Not entirely the fault of the platform, of course, but a real frustration I encounter when trying to use this tool.

Nicole from Raising an Extraordinary Person

The Only Analytics Tool You Need

Overall, if you have a website this is the only analytic platform you should use. The experience is exactly what it needs to be. Brands and marketing platforms will want to see your GA before doing campaigns with you, if you want to run ads on your website you'll need GA. If you have an e-commerce website you'll need it to track conversion rate. It's just necessary.

Pros

Just from logging in you can immediately see how your website is performing from the main dashboard without having any knowledge of how GA works. It's very easy to see basic stats like pageviews, sessions, load time, bounce rate, etc

Cons

There is somewhat of a learning curve if you want to dig into and explore more advanced analytics on your site. It's all there, and you can see almost any stat or comparison you want, you just need to know HOW and an inexperienced user will likely struggle with that at first .

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

GA is the market leader in website analytics and all major companies require your GA info before doing campaigns with you. As an influencer you cant be successful without it.

Ethan from Freelance Entrepeneur

I fine tuned my web traffic with Google Analytics

It was some what of a process getting Google Analytics into my websites infrastructure but that is usually the case when editing code in my honest opinion, but all in all I would say my experience is very positive. I would recommend using this Service 100% you are leaving money on the table metaphorically speaking if you don't at least use some sort of analytics service and Google has a pretty good one.

Pros

The best benefit of using Google Analytics is by far the power it gives you understand who is really coming to use your website. You can use that information to focus in on the demographics you are going to get the most out of in terms of business for your website. You can see what links people are clicking. How your videos are being watched and a lot more. You can really figure out what is working on your website and what isn't so you cut the content from your work flow that isn't working for you. Time is money after all so not wasting time is the biggest boon I would say is what google analytics provides.

Cons

Well if I had to make one up. I don't really much to say negative about Google Analytics other saying it can always do more. While it has many ways of analyzing data for you. I would really like to see what else google can tell me about my customers if Google Analytics could give me tips on what else people trafficking my website might enjoy. Like for example: what is the most common things searched on google by the people that also visit my website frequently are. I think that information would be very helpful in fine tuning what my customer base want to see when visiting my website.

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Learn more about your website.

It is an excellent tool that allows the collection of data in a very effective way, also organized in a very easy to read, although it has a large number of options which may make it a little difficult to learn to use it efficiently, google analytics teaches you data however the actions we take. With Google Analytics I have been able to carry out studies, which allow to increase the traffic, the time of duration of the sessions of the users, and to know that views of the website attracts more traffic, it is an indispesable tool for SEO.

Pros

What I like most about Google Analytics is the capacity it has for real-time metrics, its interface is very organized, and easy to understand, everything is very well detailed and independently, location, age, gender, interests, clicks , where the session ends, etc. All these separate options facilitate the interpretation of the data. Another feature that I like is how easy it is to add this tool to a website, I just need to copy and paste a small fraction of code in the index.

Cons

In all honesty I find it difficult to think of something that I dislike about this tool, it has a very useful free layer that provides a lot of information, which is the most commonly used, however there are cases in which information is really lacking on the actions taken by the user within the web, if leaves the page due to a broken link, or is another cause, the option 360 includes many other features, however the cost is quite high, can be used by large companies that handle a high traffic , and need much more detailed reports.

Binujaya from Sysco LABS Sri Lanka

Google Analytics – Organized and Reliable

All in all, this is great software plus it’s free for the use which is a massive thing. They provide their services to you and they don’t even take money from you. That’s just as good as it sounds. It can’t get any better than this. Everyone should consider using this software, despite the one issue that they have. I believe they will fix it soon.

Pros

What I like most about Google Analytics is that they offer you everything that you need for you to succeed in your business, from information about how to communicate with your customers to real-time conversations. Also, you can monitor your traffic. You can see how many people joined your site, how many of them left I mean you can see everything that goes in and out. It is amazing. Another thing worth mentioning is that this software keeps everything in place, its real miracle how one software can be so organized. Plus it’s free to use.

Cons

There are two things that I don’t like about Google Analytics. The first one is that there are some issues with time formats. Sometimes it doesn’t show the correct number of users that are online and I need to wait a few minutes for that to be fixed which is annoying. The second thing is that it is not easy to use. You will need some previous education about this software, more often it can be complicated and if you don’t know what you are doing then you might be in some trouble. They should probably provide some guide for beginners and for everyone that wants to use their software.

Prithviraj from Cygnix Technologies

Best data interpretation & analysis tool for a website to grow traffic and increase organic ranking.

To analyze the traffic coming to my website. This tool helped me to improve the websites of many businesses and thus helping them grow digitally. This tool is the best tool for all SEOs for improving the landing pages. Google analytics has helped me to grow conversion rate for many businesses through their website.

Pros

Google Analytics tool helps to analyze a website in detail in all aspects. Any non-performing page of a site can be improved with the help of google analytics. Landing page optimization in a website for many pages can be done rightly by studying the data using google analytics. Here are the major pros of this tool: - Free to use - Helps to get detail insights for your adword campaign - Data can be easily exported in excel - You can add lot of metrics and dimensions in your report - Connecting to other tools is easy - You can get to know how people search and navigate your site, accordingly you can make changes or customize your site for getting best results - You can research the source of your traffic - You can discover easily what age group of an audience is getting attracted to your site - This tool helps you to determine the conversion rate - You can set up goals for your website and can further analyze it - You can use this tool on desktop as well as on iphones and android phones

Cons

There are no such major cos of this tool. Google analytics tool is too vast and hence it takes a big time to learn this tool. The important aspect of this tool is you should learn to interpret the data presented in the tool. The data interpretation part is the hardest part and once you are able to get it things become easier. Some other cons include: - Lot of dashboards - The premium price is very high - Sometimes the data is delayed by an hour or more

Ricardo Andrés from Haisig seguridad

Industry: Security and Investigations

GOOGLE ANALYTICS EXPLORE YOUR TRAFFIC

Through Google Analytics, it brings a deep knowledge of the web pages in visitor traffic statistically as well as see the effectiveness of advertising, allowing to recognize possible strategic improvements of all kinds such as: content, advertising, design, use of the site and interaction of content with social networks. All this allows us to refine the design of the website and the use of keywords according to the topic searched by the visitors of the website, which will have better results up to three times better, all this revealed by the very valuable information on Google Analytics statistics sources.

Pros

One of the great advantages of knowing in detail the flow of traffic on our web pages is that it allows you to know when to share the topics, whether you upload an article or new analysis on the same web page or share the links of the website in social networks. In addition, Google Analytics statistics allow us to know the behavior and navigation of the public that is interested in the publications of our website, which allows us to see how many people visit our website, from which country, from what type of device we visit, how long they stay and what are the most relevant issues of the visitors of the website.

Cons

Although Google Analytics is a great tool and although the interface is quite intuitive, it is not as easy to use as they say, making it a little complex for beginners due to the large number of functions it has, since some aspects are difficult to find and use properly where only the simplest functions are mastered first, only with a little time you get to master the statistics of Google Analytics based on learning about the practice of learning about the trial of error and success, some graphics are missing, as the one that compares the number of visitors in the seven days of the week, as well as the use of more vivid colors in the graphics "is little colorful" although this is clearly a matter of taste, since some users prefer interfaces with graphics of different colors as is my case

Google Analytics the Gold Standard for Website analytics

Google Analytics is a free web site analytical tool used to monitor your site traffic and visitor activity on your site and its offered by Google. Using Google analytics has allowed me to create products that are serving my customers needs more accurately. For me customer satisfaction and profits are the goals of my business and I'm achieving that by using Google Analytics

Pros

Its Free and very powerful Google analytics is very easy to set up on your web site. Once you have created your analytics account you will get an ID code which you must insert on every page of your website but if you are using something like Wordpress, then it gets ridiculously easy via the use of a wordpress plugin. You can enable Google Analytics for multiple sites under your administration. Data is generated daily enabling you to track the development or progress of any of your current or past campaigns Google Analytics requires some learning to properly understand and get the most of. However Google provides the Analytics academy which makes the process of learning and understanding this free and amazing tool quite easily and of course there is Youtube too. With Google analytics you are able to tune into your market's pulse. You can answer questions like who is it that most interested in what I'm offering, What is their pain points or what is is that they want me to solve, where are my customers coming from, and so many other questions that will enable you to better serve your market and improve your profits The mobile app is amazing, it makes everything so convenient and accessible

Cons

If you are using a simple HTML page instead of some Content Management System like Wordpress, installation of your tracking ID can be a task It has some what of a steep learning curve

Erica from Look Listen

Must-Have Marketing Insights Tool

Overall I love using Google Analytics as a quick way to provide our clients updates on site performance, ROI and audience. It's such a simple tool to utilize for questions like "How much traffic did our site get? Where's the traffic coming from? Is our site more mobile or desktop traffic heavy?", etc. It's a great tool to allow anyone to be an "analyst" without diving too in the weeds while allowing true analysts to do a deep dive.

Pros

Google Analytics is a must-have for any sites that's looking to exist to make a profit, directly or indirectly. The platform is easy-to-use (Google does a great job with the UI), provides quick insight on top level metrics while allowing you to dig deeper into specifics including specific pages of your site and audience segments. Additionally, there are tons of free resources online about how to utilize GA for your business and truly understand so much of what's going on via your online presence including how to set up customized goals and conversions. You don't need to have "Analyst" or "Developer" in your title to get a ton out of this tool.

Cons

If you are setting up a complex conversion funnel or need customization that's above the norm, it is more difficult than other smaller platforms to get individualized support from Google. However, there are several online forums, both Google supporter and third-party, that have a ton of great information that likely can address or assist in the problem you are addressing.

A Must Have For Website Owners & Developers

Google Analytics integrates with just about every web platform we use to enable us to do real-time analysis of what was going on with the traffic on our sites. The built-in scheduled reports feature helped us save time while also staying up to date with the traffic and conversion patterns on the site.

Pros

With all the other ways of measuring online traffic, Google Analytics is still one of the most reliable platforms around. With this platform you can see historical and real-time traffic data, the sources, bounce rate, and how visitors are navigating through your site. Two of the best features of GA are the ability to set up goals to measure whatever online conversions are expected from the site and the dashboards which can also be sent out as scheduled reports. GA simplifies the site monitoring process by presenting a clean interface which can be customized to show whichever metrics are most important to the site owner.

Cons

One annoying thing about Google Analytics is the way how linking between analytics and a few other platforms is handled. Users who want to link a GA view with some other platform must have admin rights on both and be logged into both at the same time. This is fine if all the properties and accounts belong to one person but when you're working with clients customized it can get tedious. Some level of trust must exist as one party must give the other admin access (even if only temporary) to make the link,

Himanshu from Add titans

It is a must have for every website whether big, small or medium

It has been amazing. I have been using it for more than 3 years now and it had helped me a lot in focussing on the right things, do A/B testing, tracking campaigns, etc.

Pros

It is a software by google and hence best to track how many new users came to the website duration of session, bounce rate etc. You can set up goals and events in google analytics for your campaigns. You can find the source, demographics, location and device of the traffic coming to your website. You can also check the path of your traffic, landing pages and exit pages. Apply secondary filters for advanced tracking and results. GA account can be linked to search console and adwords. You can also check real time data on your website.

Cons

It is easy to use on beginners level but it gets really tough on advanced levels.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

It comes straight from google. Which tool can be more accurate than that.

Graham from Positive Technology

The Standard for Web Analytics

As a agency we are extremely impressed with the Google Analytics tool. GA provides all of the capability which we require to deliver the comprehensive reporting our clients require. The end-to-end integration with the Google Ads platform means that we have all of the rich information we need to plan and execute campaigns on behalf of our client.

Pros

- Simple to get started for new users - Easy to insert code into most websites to integrate at a basic level - Meets almost all requirements for our clients and internal users - Comprehensive reporting abilities when configured fully - Fully integrated to the Google Ads platform for end-to-end reporting - Data can be exported for further analysis in external tools - Can be made GDPR compliant by configuration - Training and certification program for new users is freely available

Cons

- Interface can be confusing for irregular users - Setup of custom reports and segments requires knowledge of the product - There are question marks over the reporting accuracy of users from within China

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

None of the alternatives integrate with Google Ads to deliver the end-to-end information we need as a business. Google Analytics is also considerable cheaper than the competitors in the market.

Excellent Tool!

Pros

Search Engine Analytics for the best and most-used search engine in the world. This is data driven reality for your site and an absolute must-use for anyone engaged in online commerce. You will know who's visiting your site, what they liked and why they found you in the first place. It's easy to use and incredibly well-documented. You can get yourself certified to use Analytics through a Google training program and people can and do build careers out of this. It integrates into Google Adwords, Webmaster Tools, and even with your shopping platforms like Big Commerce.

Cons

It has been said that if the service you're using is free, then you are really what is being sold. Google is the best, but part of that is because it is the biggest - the same data it is collecting for you, it is collecting about you. There are a lot of privacy concerns and the overall idea of Google as a monolothic Big Data entity, and using Analytics is directly feeding into it. The price of getting all this data for free is the cost of giving up all that data and more, also for free. There are a lot of obvious privacy and security concerns here - for most people, this is an acceptable cost of doing business. If privacy and security are major concerns for your operation, however, don't get anywhere near this.

Paul from Ayala's Small Business Consulting

No surprise, best analytical data from best search engine provider

As a Small Business Consultant offering Web Development services, I always integrate Google Analytics into every website I create. It is one of the most valuable resources for any business, organization or blogger who owns and manages their own website. I also make sure that the analytical reports are easily accessible through their website's back-end and on their mobile device via their preferred Google Analytics app.

Pros

Most in-depth analytical data than any other tool available, including those built into content management systems (CMS) and web hosting providers. Not only can you see how many unique and returning users are visiting your website, but you can also see which pages they are visiting the most, how long they spend on each page, how they accessed the site, what search engines and search phrases they use to find your site, where they click to from your site, what computer platform they use, what display resolution and color scheme they use to view it, what region of the world they're in, what mobile devices they're using to accessing your site, and more. CMSs have multiple tools/plugins to automate the integration of your Google Analytics code to track your sites and you can also track other online activity you utilize for your organization (such as a related YouTube channel). You can also choose from multiple plugins to view your analytical data in your website's back-end or even live an in-line on the front-end.

Cons

No cons as it relates to the service itself. Just about the only thing I can think of is that it should be automatically integrated into every CMS platform available (e.g., WordPress.com, WordPress.org, Blogger, SquareSpace, PageCloud, Drupal, Joomla etc.).

Mike from Klantenfabriek

Want to analyse your website traffic for free? Then this is still the tool to date!

Analytics is my must have tool to read out websites. So i can start to optimise them, where is the traffic comming from, where does it go, where do people leave. Based on that i can build goals, make new call to actions and optimise pages to convert visitors to leads. Next to that i can keep a eye to new pages/blogs and see how the traffic is going and with search console als snatch and see important keywords. I think it's a good tool to learn your adience and learn what they are looking for. I also use other tools, but i always suggest this one to atleast LEARN about your traffic all you need is a google account.

Pros

- The software is free and a must have for every website, or app - The information you can collect will be really helpfull to optimise you website - Combine with Adwords, Adsense, Search Console to get even more information (search console is a must to also preview keywords in analytics). - Set conversion goals, en collect data what pages convert well. - Setup costom reports, but you can go really deep with this and can be hard in the beginning.

Cons

- Can be complex if you want more specific data. But many videos on youtube. Lets say easy to learn but a hard to master tool. The curve to master can go really deep. - The reports are not that visual, combine analytics with data studio and you will love the reports again. - You need to setup filters if you want true data (filter out bots etc etc etc).

Anum from RnA Photography

Industry: Photography

Best form of Marker Research

Overall, as long as the data is read correctly knowing what it means, its great to show where your traffic is coming from and what they are doing on your website. All this analysis helps you make smart business decisions and even compare different alternatives to see what works with your target audience.

Pros

Google analytics provides meaningful insights about my audience and allows me to better cater my digital marketing strategy to get to my target audience. It provides precise data such as average session duration as well as pages per session. In the past my website clicks were good but average session duration was very low which told me that I need to improve on my website appearance. I worked on my website to make it more appealing and the average duration that a visitor spends on my website increased. Hence, google analytics allowed me to make the business improvement and showed the results of those changes. All in all, it is great to see and analyze how different digital marketing tactics are impacting the various criteria which tells you a lot about your audience.

Cons

It takes some time to learn what the different numbers mean and where they are coming from. It would be nice if there was some description beside each data explaining what exactly it indicates. I had to research a little to learn what it all meant.

Nicholas from Township of Pequannock

The Analytics that Every Website Owner Needs to Have (At a Minimum)

This is the core staple of your website analytics. Get to know it well and you'll be able to imprve and do the things that make you money better. I know data can stink at times, but I promise that this data will be worth it.

Pros

Google Analytics is a classic option for website analytics. It's free to set up, easy to use (once you poke around a bit) and it gives you insights that can make you real money. I know it sounds corny, but if you have a website you need to know all about your visitors. How are they showing up, how long do they stay, where do they and how close do they get to buying. You can look at all that and more inside Google Analytics (as long as you set it up right). It's an absolute homerun that every website owner needs. It's the classic in the industry for a reason...you can trust it. Any Google runs most web traffic, so you should play nice with their analytics and search console.

Cons

Google Analytics can be intimdating to everyone. For new or less technchnologically advanced people, it can be overwhelmiing. IT takes some time to setup and get everything swuared away, but once it's set you'll be happy. Id recommend watching a few guides or videos if you've never used it before. It's user friendly once you're inside, it's more the technical implemntation that will throw you off.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,502 reviews