What are Google Analytics users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Google Analytics software through verified user reviews

6,171 Reviews

4,488
1,483

• icon"I love that the Google name lives on and that this tool is reliable and trustworthy. The pricing is awesome as well."
  • icon"The breadth and depth of reporting offered by Google Analytics are excellent and it's also great that it is free to use and offers a robust knowledge base and community."
  • icon"The amount of information available through Analytics is mind-boggling and gives you insights on your traffic that help you better understand their habits, leading to better sales."
  • icon"It is very confusing to navigate and when they update it makes it even worse to re-learn where all of the features are located."
  • icon"It has a pretty bad UI/UX. Its feels horrible to navigate and is a chore to implement it, we need a specialist only to set it up so everyone can get the data."
  • icon"In a way I see it as a problem are identifier that is incapable of identifying the problem itself."

Browse all Google Analytics Reviews

• Have you used Google Analytics and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 6,171 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 6,171 reviews

Prithviraj

Best Tool To Interpret the Development of Your Website/App

I am using Google Analytics to track the performance of many of our clients. 1- Google analytics, overall is easy to use tool 2- Best thing about Google analytics is its's free Problems I can solve using Google Analytics 1- I can easily track which page of my client's website is not performing 2- Easy to track traffic, know which pages and content is getting more viewed and further I can improve this pages and content for better conversions 3- Easy to track individual product performance for e-commerce store site 4- Easy to track which page has technical issue by analyzing sales funnel 5- Helps improving landing pages by analyzing the page performance based on traffic, session duration and conversion rate. Benefits of Google Analytics: 1- I can improve my website's performance by analyzing each and every page performance and upgrading it for conversion. 2- I can easily compare product's performance for e-commerce site and give reports to client about every product sales. 3- I can easily improve my app's performance ans user interface by knowing every screen's performance

Pros

1- Ready Reports Generation 2- Real-time analysis of a website 3- Analysis of variety of site

Cons

1- Few complications in combining dimensions and metrics 2- Few methods are tricky for setting up filters and segmentations

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

I chose Google Analytics over alternative products because it is free and highly efficient tool compare to all free tools out there.

Ravi

Your only go to analytics tool (FREE). For paid, find your use case.

Our overall experience with Google Analytics is slightly above satisfactory. It has helped us initially to track user data both in terms of analysis and reporting. Basis which we have been able to optimise our performance marketing leading to lower customer acquisition cost, improve our funnels leading to improved conversion and further improving margins, device expansion and off brand marketing strategy basis it's demographic data reports.

Pros

Impactful features: - GA has a freemium pricing model wherein you get a lot of functionalities in the FREE version which is majority of smaller organisation or start ups, more than sufficient. It's a go to tool for all the new products and mostly the first analytics tool to be integrated in their product. - Wide array of system reports: GA makes it easy for its user to track and analyse their users by providing access to a lot of system reports like audience demographics, acquisition reports, behaviour reports like pages visited, bounce rate, time on site etc. These reports have been helping us to do primary analysis of the users and their behaviour on the website. - Easy initial integration with detailed one for event tracking: For getting primary user data points like what pages user visits, time spent, bounce rate, unmarked acquisition channels etc, GA provides a very easy integration which is to simply put the GA pixel or script on every page of the website. This can be done by both GTM or by manually placing it in the code. - Google ecosystem: GA is part of the Google ecosystem which makes it integration with other Google products seamless. The best use cases for us are creating and exporting audiences to Ad Manager and integrating Google Optimize (AB test tool we use) with GA for detailed insights on the AB test experiments.

Cons

Features to improve: - First and foremost is speed of data extraction which needs to be improved a lot. GA takes a lot of time to pull out data, even on system reports. Now this becomes really critical when we are analysing a data set or trying to troubleshoot a problem. This breaks the momentum and sometimes is frustrating. - Custom reports to be made easy: In custom reports we have to first create the structure of the report, save it and then only we can if the report fetches any data or not. This needs to be improved so that reports can be validated right there and then. - Lack of core implementation for publishing and lead-gen websites: The way GA provides e-commerce integration, it lags in providing an implementation for lead-gen websites as their use case, many-a-times, is more than a simple lead, but there are various types and qualities & qualification of leads.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

We actually did not choose GA as we continued using the free version only.

Reasons for switching to Google Analytics

There were several reasons: - Cost: GA had stringent and limited pricing plan and were on a very higher side. While we could device a plan with their competitor. - Ease of use of custom reports: Custom reports or workspaces in Adobe Analytics is very easy to use for our various teams which made it an easy choice for us. - Speed of data extraction: It is much faster than GA in terms of pulling out data which saves precious time of our teams and less frustration thus saving dollars for the company with improved efficiency.

Simon

A must for keeping track of website performance

I use Google Analytics on our own, and our clients websites. Overall it's a great product and being free to use it's a no brainer.

Pros

The main thing to like about GA is it's free! For the minimal outlay you get great insight into the performance of the website, where customers are coming from in terms of location and channel, their journey through the site, where there might be exit points, areas of concern.

Cons

The biggest gripe is that Google hides the majority of natural search terms which bring customers to the website, information they clearly have available to them as it works fine for paid search terms. For this, you would have to invest in alternative software.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

Adobe is probably a stronger product, but Google Analytics has enough under the hood for most requirements.

Jamie

Maybe I'm Stupid

With someone with the proper skills to utilize Google Analytics--or even someone with the time to devote to learning all of the tricks of the Google Trade--this product can be the difference between sinking with a failing campaign, wasting a lot of your clients' money in the process, and being able to quickly and efficiently tailor digital advertising efforts to maximize returns.

Pros

If you know what you are looking for--and how to find it again after Google makes approximately 300 changes and updates--Google Analytics can be exceptionally useful. In our business, it is extremely important to not only know that a given media product is working for the client, but also to be able to PROVE the success (or failure) of a product to the client. Our clients--the business owners and their staff--want to be sure that they are spending their money on advertising products that work. It is very easy to claim that, yes, this product is working for you, but it is another matter entirely to be SURE and to be able to prove that success. Google Analytics allows us to track digital interactions with the customer's website. Typically, our clients have no idea if their websites are seeing increases in customer traffic following advertising campaigns (such as television and radio), or if the digital ads placed are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Cons

While the concept behind Google Analytics is great, the actual execution leaves much to be desired, at least for me. Maybe I'm completely stupid (a fair assessment) or too Gen X and not Millennial enough to find Google Analytics easy to use. It surely doesn't help that it seems that the user dashboard/interface changes every time I use it. Knowing how to navigate through the various levels and sections of the monstrosity that is Google Analytics to find exactly what metrics are needed in any given situation is an artform--and I feel like I've only just mastered stick figures and maybe a smidge of finger-painting. In short, I'm not an artist.

Riyasudeen

Google Analytics Review

Overall am happy with Google Analytics because I can get the overview report of the users who are landing in my website, real-time data, platform wise and country wise are worth the software, I expect more detailed user data to engage a better content for the user.

Pros

The feature I like the most is that it gives a real time view of the users who accessed m website in the last 30 minutes, it helps me to know the real-time traffics

Cons

Apart from getting the data of users from country wise or platform wise, Google Analytics doesn't provide much data even though Google can provide a lot more and few times I find missing or inaccurate data. As an administrator I expect more user data, So I can provide a content which user expects.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

Even though Google Analytics few features compared to its competitors, the tech giant is keep adding features and it is even integrated Google adsense to view the earning. As it is a Google product, it is more reliable than others and will help hugely by bringing more google products together.

Ian

Google Analytics Review

Very positive. I use Google Analytics from perspective of someone with technical knowledge and I find I can get an awful lot out of this product.

Pros

The software is free to use by creating a Google account. The features included cover everything you need to track and measure user data on a website or app. With a little background knowledge, it is relatively easy to implement.

Cons

To get the most out of Google Analytics you will need some technical knowledge. This is particulary true regarding the set-up and tracking of conversion goals.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

It's a free, universal way to measure visitor data to your website or mobile app. Many other products cannot compete with free to use features of Google Analytics.

Cam

Yet another Google product you can't live without

Without GA, we couldn't be able to run a successful Internet sports company. We know what works, we know what doesn't work. As such, we know where to allocate resources and where to pull resources from. It's a must for any Internet-based publication.

Pros

The ability to watch, in real time, the website traffic take off. That, coupled with the ability to generate your own specific reports and custom targets for your team makes work-life easier.

Cons

Getting used to the product itself is time-consuming but oh, so worth the time it takes to familiarize yourself.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

We also use SEMrush, but the GA platform is vastly superior to any other live analytics tracking software platform.

abdelrhman

Industry: Program Development

The best website to collect your website analytics

My experience with Google Analytics is very interesting, as I always use it on my company’s website, I always like the way the statistics are displayed within the application with the comparison display, this application is the first source that helps me make decisions in the company

Pros

In the application there is many ways to display statistics, these methods help the user to collect data very accurately

Cons

You may have problems after a while of connecting your site to the application, the application asks you to re-link the site, you may encounter some problems, but it is okay, the customer service is very good, they will help you fast

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

In fact, I have tried all these similar applications and others and in the end I found that Google Analytics is the best

Great analytics tool

A great tool for tracking our website activity and drawing insights from visitor behavior.

Pros

We use Google Analytics to track all the activity on our site. It's crazy that software this good is free.

Cons

It can be tricky to use and takes months/years of learning to really get value out of all the functionality. A more user-friendly way of understanding the data it tracks would be beneficial, especially for new users.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

Oribi is expensive and we're not quite ready for something like that yet.

Bahattin

Industry: Publishing

There is nothing better but the interface is very complicated

It collects the analyzes very well, it can be said that it has no rivals, but since I am a simple user, I looked for a switch for a simple interface and there was no one. It's nice to drill down and see how many clicks on which content, these pages are really good.

Pros

I like that it gives very detailed analysis. It's nice to see which posts users read and where they clicked. But I can't see it on a summary page and I have to do a few clicks, it's a bit cluttered and doesn't have a simple interface

Cons

Analytics update a few hours after midnight I don't like that

Reasons for switching to Google Analytics

Its analysis is much less detailed and its interface is very bad

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Industry: Civil Engineering

Must for checking performance of my website

For website owners Like, Google analytics is a must-use software, first I was introduced to this software by my brother, who helps me to check my website visitor demographic data. i can easily filter that data by this software, among other similar software, provides data but not accurate as Google analytics. real time data check is awesome feature of this software.

Pros

The best feature from Google to understand how my website working, besides its free. Easy to set up and very easy interface, can control from any device. I can filter my result with ease to select exactly what I want. Most interestingly I can track the real-time actions of users, on my website. chart and graphs represent smoothly, easy to understand.

Cons

First when I start, without proper guidance it was a mess for me. 1st impression of mine was, how can I operate, they should provide easy tutorials at first, otherwise, so much information can be problematic for new users.

Reasons for switching to Google Analytics

Accurate real-time data than any other similar software

José Raúl

Google Analytics, a necessary analytics digital tool

great experience, great tool must to have for a comprehensive digital marketing strategy

Pros

Campaign Measurement Flow visualization Track the boals Audience reports

Cons

Custom reports can still improve in terms of new options, and add live customer support

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

brand recognition, google suite integration, capabilities

Robust, accessible analytics

Easy to pick up and use for basic reporting. Advanced features can provide a lot of valuable business insights.

Pros

The depth of the feature set - from simple page views to mapping campaign performance from multiple sources and timelines.

Cons

Customer support is not great - it's pretty much up to the community.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

Ease of use, familiarity from past experiences.

The best software for checking and monitoring analytics.

Simply great. Like I said it can be difficult to get the hang of it but once you do, you have an absolute analytics powerhouse on your hands.

Pros

Google Analytics is among the most powerful analytic tool out there. It also free which is absolutely great for the features and functionality you will be getting. The vast range of metrics that Google Analytics allows you to track is nothing short of impressive. I am a Data analyst and web developer in my company so Google analytics has been an indispensable tool for me. I use it daily to track behaviour flow, conversation rate, goals, web site analytics and many other metrics. Google data studio is a great way to retrieve data directly from the tool and create a customizable dashboard with all the top metrics that you frequently analyze or track.

Cons

I don't have much to complain about when it comes to Google analytics performance and reliability. The only issue I had was getting acquainted with navigating through and learning all the features. It takes a lot of time to learn how to use Google analytics to a workable degree. I personally had to take a free course offered by Google to properly get the hang of all the features and their uses and to properly monitor and analyze the data it provides. It's not easy to learn and so my team members often have problems and regularly come to me for help with using the software to achieve a certain desired goal.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

My organisation simply decided to choose Google analytics because it is the industry standard for web analytics.

Memory

Very useful but difficult to learn

I have a love/hate relationship with Google Analytics. It’s definitely useful and has helped us make improvements on our sites and learn more about our customers behaviors. But it’s also frustrating because we doing have enough time to use it as well as we could be. I got through a couple of sections in the course and never found the time to go back and finish setting it up properly.

Pros

Google Analytics is one of the best tools to help with SEO - it collects data about users on your website so that you can analyze it and determine the best ways to target your visitors. This is pretty crucial for anyone trying to get their site ranked on Google, and also helps with a lot of other things. The data gathered will tell you a lot about your site visitors such as their age, where they live, the type of device they use, and much more. It’s gets very granular. It can also help you determine if there are areas/pages on your site that need improvement. For example, if you notice that everyone leaves on the same page during the checkout process, there’s a good chance something is broken in that part of the process and you’ll know you need to investigate the problem. Honestly, there is so much data that Google Analytics provides, and so many ways it can help you, this could turn into a book. Or an entire college course. Needless to say, I won’t describe everything here - partly because it would take too long and partly because there’s still a lot I don’t know about Analytics. But if you (or your company) maintains a website and is looking to reach more customers, in the right target market, and rank in search engines, this is a must.

Cons

It so very time-consuming to learn how to use. Google offers a free course with multiple sections and videos to show you how to set your account up, explain the various features, etc. It’s pretty daunting to me, mainly because I’m a website designer and it’s hard to find adequate time to devote to learning all the Ins and outs of it, and to properly monitor the data it provides on a regular basis. To get the most out of Analytics, a company would pretty much need to have a full-time employee that just does this and nothing else.

alimou

Industry: Computer Networking

Google Analytics Review

Google robots are flockers, they can perceive what i won't ever see! I've make my choice this is a perfect tool!

Pros

Google Analytics is the magic tool utilized to screen your site guests just as analyze key measurements identified with your site traffic, for example, ricochet rate, pages per meeting and so forth Presently, all things considered how would we utilize this for our potential benefit? All things considered, the most self-evident yet likely most significant is you can use the data you get from Google Analytics and utilize that to support your advertising endeavors. An exemplary illustration of this would be through observing what channels your traffic comes from. Utilizing the screen capture from Google Analytics beneath, in the event that we investigate plainly we can see that each wellspring of traffic (Google CPC, Facebook, Organic traffic) is shading coded to show what number of visits are from that channel. Presently, with this data what we can derive is that a great deal of our traffic might be coming from natural inquiry, so with that data, we might need to coordinate a greater amount of our advertising spending plan toward something like SEO (website improvement) to help support the natural pursuit rankings and eventually your hunt traffic. Or then again perhaps you've recognized and failing to meet expectations channel that you might need to cut from your showcasing endeavors, this data can likewise be gathered from Google Analytics. To every one of you site proprietors, Google Analytics is your best partner for checking your exhibition on the web.

Cons

I have nothing to reproach google analytics it is the perfect tool in my view. Without it, i will be less effective in my daily targeting. It signals me the least lack of referencing and that is priceless! Here i am supposed to criticize but i can only praise this wonderful tool!

Ryan

A Staple For Anyone Doing Any Marketing

Overall, I tell everyone with a website that they need Google Analytics. For every flaw, it has a dozen or more powerful features that make it worth using. There are easy ways to integrate with nearly any website platform, being even easier on platforms made for those who are less tech-savvy.

Pros

Google Analytics can be deep. Very deep. You can get user-by-user breakdowns of every interaction with your site, including the start and stop times of each visit, each interaction with each page, and on what device they visited each time. They never share user data, but you get everything you need to improve your marketing efforts. When compared to Google Ads, the retargeting options are beyond powerful, with nearly any customization you could possibly hope for or imagine. A couple of must-try reports include the top conversion paths report and the goal visualization paths (some assembly required).

Cons

There are still some elements of Google Analytics that are a bit frustrating. Google is getting a bit more privacy-conscious, which is good, but they seem to lump way too much data into broad and vague source categories such as "(direct) / (none)" and "Unknown". The metrics for time on page and session duration are usually wrong, as they have no way of tracking this without a user interacting beyond the first page. Small prices to pay for the other features and the available data. However, the smaller the traffic flow to your site, the less Google Analytics will help you. Consider running it in tandem with Google Ads or another paid traffic source to get some additional traffic flow.

Ranil

Best up to date transparent metric tool..

My overall conclusion is, Google Analytics is a great tool. I recommend without any doubt and I can say, your satisfaction will be guaranteed! IT saves your time, makes your work easy and it's very easy to use. I personally found out it's amazing. If you're using Adobe Analytics or something else I invite you to give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

Pros

As a freelancer one of my main activity is web traffic providing. With many years of experience in this field I know how important is to have a good metric tool to monitor the traffic and it's behavior. In that point the google analytics comes handy. It helps to track the visit of the customer until the last point, the time spent in the site/app which helps to improve the functionality. It's up to date, transparent and easy to use. When it comes to SEO it plays a nice roll to fulfill my customers' requirements. With the bounce rate of the visits it provides, ensure the my customers the quality of traffic I provide. That's why I always recommend my customers Google Analytics together with the tracking link. It has a nice dashboard that impress me.

Cons

To be honest there're some suggestions I would like to highlight. 1 - It need some direct support other than too much automated which will be very useful for a new user. (Previously I had to involve in some complains of my costumers regarding setting it up) 2 - It'll be awesome if google can provide the possibility to track the direct sales as well. 3 - In my point of view, the most common method of trouble shooting is (specially when you're new) to go and watch a video tutorial. There're lot of features in Google Analytics which will be very useful such demonstrations to understand how they work and what they do as well as to fix the problems you find.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

I first preferred Google Analytics by the name of its provider the Google. Then I found lot of positive feedback by its users and it's a well known tool all around the world. The most important thing, It gives you a great service.

Souhil

The Best Free Analytics Tool to Track your Website Performance

Google Analytics is typically helping me to create more products my website visitors needs and I can give them what they want and I get better ROI numbers every month because of this Free Google tool also, It helped me to get more conversions rate. For me, Google Analytics is one of the best tools and I can't imagine myself managing and running my business without this tool and the new interface is getting better and I feel like Google is hearing us and reading our reviews to give us the best experience. I sincerely hope, they will keep the good work and add more features and make it a user-friendly tool and we will help them by recommending it to our friends and family members.

Pros

It's a 100% Free Google Tool and It's one of the Best Analytics tools in the Market. I can Use It to track my website performance and examine what the customer performed starting from navigating my website until purchasing my products. I can instantly see my website visitors in real-time and I can accurately track the traffic source very easily. I can check and see which social media platforms are delivering me more visitors/customers. I can see which product pages are performing very well on my website in the "Top Active Pages" section. I can see the Locations/Countries I'm receiving the visitors from. I can instantly check the Audience Interests, Demographics, Geo, Behavior...etc. I like the "Users by time of day" Section because I can see when I'm getting more traffic during the day and this helps me to launch my social media campaigns. I like also, the "Sessions by device " because I can check which devices (Mobile, PC) my customers are using to visit my website. I like it because I can observe everything going on my website and it really helps me to fix any potential problems and to try and create more products my visitors want. In addition, an extremely valuable tool to track my Google Shopping Ads performance by obtaining more insights. The new Interface is more "user friendly" with more features and It's making a lot of difference in my daily use. I use it also to track and follow my Redbubble Shop performance and to check which pages are getting me more visitors.

Cons

Every so often I don't get the exact Insights and sometimes I get them late. Sometimes when I use an AD Blocker, I get an error and I can't see anything. The Conversion option is a little bit complicated and If possible they can add some useful tutorials to assist us to understand and achieve the most outstanding results from it. They can include some colors in the Insights section too for a better-looking interface. They typically need to work on their integration with other websites like Shopify, Redbubble, Etsy, eBay, Amazon...etc. If possible they can instantly add more unique features to their Redbubble integration, so we can accurately track the direct sales too.

Marshall

There's A Billion Metric Sites Online, And Only One Google Analytics!

Overall, I love it and wouldn't trust any other third party service claiming to know your monthly hits and traffic sources and be able to give you the keywords people searched and from what device and location etc.

Pros

As an SEO of 10+ years, performing amazing service and White SEO with Google and for small business clients all over the world, I've come to realize that you can only trust certain software and programs to give you real data and results when you need it most. Even I admit to using other software like AWR Cloud to catch a "glimpse" of what traffic I've received to a site in the last 7 days or 30 days specifically, I never trust it fully, because at the end of the day I don't trust a third-party telling me what the Source can tell me directly. Sure Google can't really show you granular statistics on 3rd party traffic from Yahoo and Bing and other major engines, but who cares. Google's traffic amounts to 66.6% of the traffic online, and at the end of the day, when I want to know what internal landing pages are the most popular by source of organic, referral, and direct (SEO) traffic locations, I can and that helps me to know what my audience is gravitating to the most, and that helps me create a new content schedule for the month, putting out content around the most popular and widely searched pages of my websites. I love Google Analytics, and I steer clear of the 3rd party noise, claiming they have better metrics than the source, it's bull. Get GA today!

Cons

There are a ton of new features and many don't apply to my version of SEO for local businesses, however, I just steer clear of those areas and look at the metrics that I truly care about.

Alekhya

"Impeccable Medium To Analyse Your Small & Large Businesses Traffic Online At One Place"

I was so easily able to gather the most impetous information of my business reach publicly online so I always made amendments in my marketing strategies depending on the analytics gathered for my business. And also I was able to measure the costs and marketing tips based on the analysis of my current business marketing strategies. That's it! Once measured, I refined my marketing techniques so that my business online reach had took a quick growth among the organic users.

Pros

What not! All the features provided by Google Analytics to track your business website by keeping an eye on the public reach, organic search, organic traffic,target keywords,improvements,marketing strategies everything literally for your business can be monitored on your finger tips online. The most easiest and convenient option for which I use this tool is that you can access your business website's entire data like bounce rate, daily organic traffic including the count with a gun shot perfection. The bounce rate feature is another boon I can say where it helped me to input attractive and organic viewer driven content on my business page based on the previous bounce rate value, so that it enhanced the readability and usability for existing and new users which helped in reducing the bounce rate for my online business.

Cons

As per my usage till now I dint find any cons for this tool so far. But I am a little dissappointed with the feature regarding the data viewing on a mobile or handset which is not so comfortable as that looks on my laptop. If you want to monitor your business regularly and need to have a fast growth into the online world then I would surely recommend this tool for a quick glance of your online business public reach.

Reasons for choosing Google Analytics

I thought to go by Woopra tool as an alternative for Google Analytics but I was so sure on Google Analytics data tracking in real time so i dropped the idea of purchasing Woopra.

Reasons for switching to Google Analytics

I wasn't so comfortable in using my prrevious tool as it dint have exact tracking of real time data and target audience choosing options. So obviously I switched to Google Analytics which made my target audience set up exact and also allowed me to track the real time data of my business so perfectly.

It's hard to complain about free

It's pretty great for what it is. A free, easy to use product that will help you make better, quicker decisions. Again, it's hard to argue with the value proposition.

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use. For the basic features, you can train up someone to do reporting within less than a day. There are lots of different pieces of data and reports in there - you could spend tons of time going through it and still not hit everything. The basic model (which is all 90% of businesses really need) is free. Implementation is straightforward and about as simple as can be. Documentation (while sometimes a bit hard to parse) is readily available. Alerts are easy to set up. Very simple to make different views and properties so that you can keep distinct reporting separate plus have a raw data backup.

Cons

Because it is free, it is one of the lower priority areas for development for Google. There's one particular (fairly minor) bug in it that drives me crazy that has been there for at least 3 years, and I know there is basically zero chance it gets addressed. You have no direct support or customer service, so you need to be good at self-help and googling your own answers to questions (which is luckily pretty easy). You have to deal with sampling for larger reports on the free version. A lot of the new additions which have been hyped up have been pretty weak once released (User ID view, etc).

Also on price.

Solely on price.

Ahmed

Google analytics

After using it for more than 2 years now and with its updates I consider it one of my essential data provider, of course there are other more friendly software out there to use, but dealing with google analytics is my main credible data source, after all its google who indexes your file to search engines who created it..how not to depend on its data.

Pros

It supplies detailed and customised structural data about your admitted websites that offer great help for a deep insight from many aspects with tremendous amount of information that can reaffirm your online business if you utilise it well as it is a very powerful tool or can san sink your business if you misinterpreted or overlooked the data provided , for example if you are selling products online for teenagers and you dont customise your website to it and the analytics shows you that the age accessing your page is above this age , you loose customers, also the demographic data is important for example do not advertise winter products and heavy clothes in places with warm climate and it goes on and on until you customise your online business for the right customer and thats is the core concept of google analytics

Cons

It is not easy to install for beginners and a lot of parameters have to be setup correctly in order to get reliable data that can help you take a business decision. The implementation of its codes in your website is not foe newbies at all or even a regular user, it needs either a professional or an experienced user to install its provided codes in the places they belong.

Sandesh

Detailed Analysis

I had an amazing experience where I got introduced to a new world of data collection. I came to know why many websites ask location details or mail ID (to detect age and gender - which I understood after using Google Analytics). I would recommend this software/service to any beginner in website building.

Pros

I am a blogger from the past 5 months, managing my blog and checking to see the traffic to my webpage has never been easier. So I checked about that and found out that 'Google Analytics' software/platform is providing detailed analysis of the place where my visitors are from, their age, their gender, the amount of time spent by them on specific pages and even number of people who viewed my profile in detail. Wow!! How beautiful is that! I was so amused by that and registered my blog page to Google Analytics. It also allowed me to take up a "Beginner Course" to understand the service better and comprehend the analytics results. The course is so good that anyone can understand the meaning of the data and the in-depth results of the analytics. I also have an option to connect the 'Google Search Console' to optimise my web page for Search Engines (SEO). And the most amazing fact is that it is provided by Google for absolutely free of cost. So now I can now know how my website/blog is performing in the search results and how people view my website. It also allows me to better understand how I can improve it so that the viewers become potential subscribers to my blog. All these points and facts are the ones which I like the most about the Google Analytics software/service.

Cons

The only point I would like to mention is that to understand and not down the data, one should have a basic knowledge about the 'Marketing Funnel'. One should know how the data is collected and to add items in website like - sign in options, location detection option, cookie acceptance policy pop-ups and much more. To understand these basic points, we need to have a basic knowledge about websites, coding and other factors available in our blogging platform. Improvements are based on intuition for beginners rather applicative knowledge from the data obtained from Google Analytics. These points I like the least about this software, as a beginner.

A fantastic and easy to use analytics tool

Using Google Analytics has enabled me to gain a better understanding of my websites content and my audiences interactions with my content. This is because google analytics allows me to easily identify where my audience are spending the most time on my site or what overall interactions they have. Therefore, this enables me to tailor my websites content and design to more specifically match the demands of my audience. This is ultimately a crucial aspect of retaining users and building a site that is authoritative and trustworthy in many ways.

Pros

The ability for me to track the whole user process of my audience on my blog is what makes Google Analytics a great tool. For example, there is a diverse range of metrics available such as the ability to identify traffic sources, times of the day your users visit your site, the devices your audience use , user retention , bounce rate, and session duration amongst many other aspects. Also, the use of graphs and charts to display the analytics of your website makes everything regarding the functionality of your site and the user experience really easy to interpret in an efficient way. This is because these graphs and charts are very easy to understand, meaning they can be understood by anyone, thereby making google analytics such a diverse tool that easily appeals to anyone with a digital presence.

Cons

I don't like the fact that google analytics also tracks your personal usage of your website (or other digital asset). By this I mean that every time you personally interact with your website, this counts towards the data that google analytics records. Therefore, if you frequently view your website (which I regularly do) the data can easily be inaccurate and unreliable in regards to how your audience uses your website. As a result, it'd be much better if they has a feature that could exclude your personal IP address/your personal account from the data. There could be a way that you can do this, but i'm not able to find it if that is the case, so this is an issue that really needs addressing.

Showing 1 - 25 of 6,171 reviews