(3,825)

3,825

(1,257)

1,257

• Pros

• "Extremely easy to use and having had this at multiple companies, is a very reliable and FREE service that I highly recommend!"

• "Great tool, I really liked the part that shows the statistics, very easy to use, the interface is beautiful and very interactive."

• "Easy to use and navigate. The program runs well and is also a good price compared to others!"

• Cons

• "It takes time to use the tool. Its not user friendly from the start but it's worth learning and spending time in the tool."

• "The sites lags a little bit sometimes, but other than that it is great."

• "It is an extremely useful tool and has a multitude of possibilities for use, but it can be a little difficult to use for new users."

Browse Google Analytics Reviews

Prithviraj from Universal Steel Information Technology India Pvt. Ltd.

Best Tool To Interpret the Development of Your Website/App

I am using Google Analytics to track the performance of many of our clients. 1- Google analytics, overall is easy to use tool 2- Best thing about Google analytics is its's free Problems I can solve using Google Analytics 1- I can easily track which page of my client's website is not performing 2- Easy to track traffic, know which pages and content is getting more viewed and further I can improve this pages and content for better conversions 3- Easy to track individual product performance for e-commerce store site 4- Easy to track which page has technical issue by analyzing sales funnel 5- Helps improving landing pages by analyzing the page performance based on traffic, session duration and conversion rate. Benefits of Google Analytics: 1- I can improve my website's performance by analyzing each and every page performance and upgrading it for conversion. 2- I can easily compare product's performance for e-commerce site and give reports to client about every product sales. 3- I can easily improve my app's performance ans user interface by knowing every screen's performance

Pros

1- Ready Reports Generation 2- Real-time analysis of a website 3- Analysis of variety of site

Cons

1- Few complications in combining dimensions and metrics 2- Few methods are tricky for setting up filters and segmentations

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

I chose Google Analytics over alternative products because it is free and highly efficient tool compare to all free tools out there.

Sarah from Studio Flight

Google Analytics for Rich Web Insights

Our advertising agency does custom website builds for our clients so it's imperative that we accurately track acquisitions, referrals and user interactions on a daily basis to improve our advertising campaigns. We analyze time on site, page views, sessions, and bounce rate and the analytics help us improve our overall website UX and UI. The rich analytics provided from Google (especially integrations with Google Tag Manager) enable us to make intelligent improvements to the website to increase conversions.

Pros

Google Analytics is one of the most powerful tools available and it's free. It's very simple to deploy as long as you have backend access to a website. I use Google Analytics on a daily basis to track website analytics, behavior flow, conversion, and goal tracking, and build custom marketing funnels. Google Data Studio is an excellent way to directly pull data from the tool and make a completely customized dashboard with the top metrics that you analyze on a consistent daily basis. The user management and ability to set permissions adds an extra layer of security and the integration with Google Ads and YouTube properties is seamless and makes real-time reporting very dynamic. What we can measure, we can ultimately improve.

Cons

Google Analytics sometimes reports Facebook analytics differently from the backend of Facebook Ads Manager. However, Google is getting a lot better with tracking user performance, not just cookies (especially for cross-device interactions). The courses for the Google Analytics certification and somewhat bulky - I wish there was a better way to track your coursework and more online video tutorial similar to how Facebook Blueprint has organized their free online courses. Google Analytics can seem very daunting to beginners but there are a lot of great resources available from Google for education and tutorials.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Google Analytics is free and the richest insights and metrics of any tool available. We love using the Google Data Studio (for free) to create custom reports that are easily digestible for our clients.

Un estandar en la industria que -quizás- no necesitas

Es una herramienta poderosa, y además al ser un estandar de facto está tiene integraciones en otras herramientas como Slack ó Google Data Studio. Eso ahorra muchas horas de desarrollo.

Pros

Permite conocer a tu audiencia al dedillo: país de la visita, duración de sesión, navegador usado, páginas más visitadas...

Cons

Usa cookies para trackeo de usuarios, así que al usarlo tienes que poner un aviso de cookies en tu web. En muchas webs que gestiono no merece la pena molestar al usuario para eso.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Es gratis, fácil de instalar y no hay que gestionar un servidor extra

Jamie from dDaniel Advertising

Maybe I'm Stupid

With someone with the proper skills to utilize Google Analytics--or even someone with the time to devote to learning all of the tricks of the Google Trade--this product can be the difference between sinking with a failing campaign, wasting a lot of your clients' money in the process, and being able to quickly and efficiently tailor digital advertising efforts to maximize returns.

Pros

If you know what you are looking for--and how to find it again after Google makes approximately 300 changes and updates--Google Analytics can be exceptionally useful. In our business, it is extremely important to not only know that a given media product is working for the client, but also to be able to PROVE the success (or failure) of a product to the client. Our clients--the business owners and their staff--want to be sure that they are spending their money on advertising products that work. It is very easy to claim that, yes, this product is working for you, but it is another matter entirely to be SURE and to be able to prove that success. Google Analytics allows us to track digital interactions with the customer's website. Typically, our clients have no idea if their websites are seeing increases in customer traffic following advertising campaigns (such as television and radio), or if the digital ads placed are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Cons

While the concept behind Google Analytics is great, the actual execution leaves much to be desired, at least for me. Maybe I'm completely stupid (a fair assessment) or too Gen X and not Millennial enough to find Google Analytics easy to use. It surely doesn't help that it seems that the user dashboard/interface changes every time I use it. Knowing how to navigate through the various levels and sections of the monstrosity that is Google Analytics to find exactly what metrics are needed in any given situation is an artform--and I feel like I've only just mastered stick figures and maybe a smidge of finger-painting. In short, I'm not an artist.

Joseph from Havas Media

Google Analytics, Standard for Inbound Site Metrics

We like it. Google Analytics is easy to use, up to date, and transparent. We are able to quickly review data and make actions upon it to make the site experience better for users along with generate sales.

Pros

We primarily use Google Analytics to track website activity such as sessions, page visits, time spent, and the bounce rate of our client’s website. We also use it to track online advertising campaign measurement based on the inbound traffic. It was relatively easy to set up overall, and did not take time.

Cons

It is mostly direct site traffic and does not really measure attribution that well when it comes to sales. A lot of it is last click, we prefer a multi-touch model.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

It is integrated with our clients site and tech stacks. We have active search, social, and display campaigns.

Tayyab from TheJournalPost

Identifies Whats Going On With Your Website

Google Analytics gives the maximum idea that what's going on with the website. I am using Google Analytics for my websites and also my SEO team. Based on my experience, Google Analytics is the most professional and robust tool to analyze website stats and traffic efficiently. The tool allows my SEO team to track the multiple queries like which specific keywords and pages are performing well.

Pros

Google Analytics tells us about the insights of our company or personal website. It also tells us where you are receiving clicks, user's location, website visited history and many more. It provides easy and efficient integration with third-party platforms such as Google Ads and Social Media.

Cons

It is very difficult to stay up with new & upcoming updates and features because sometimes I get lost in the new navigation or user interface. There is a lack of end-user support and difficult to identify the middle part of insights. It will be great if Google Analytics launches a built-in URL builder for the sake of campaign-tracking.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

The real-time access to your website's data and authentic insights is the best thing in google analytics that motivates me to choose this platform over others. I don't know but google name looks authentic & secure when comes with any tool that's why I prefer it.

Ganesh from CuriousPost

Industry: Online Media

Inexpensive Analytics tool for every organisation/startup

It is an inexpensive enterprise grade analytical tool for a startup like ours. Addressing all our needs and providing better analytics to take right decisions

Pros

I don't think there will be a better product other than Google analytics at this price point. The powerful features made available to every user at free of cost. Scalable and ease of use. Integration with other Google services like Google ads and Data studio Ability to generate reports and dashboard. Enterprise grade features. Smart insights features.

Cons

Lack of support. Community support is still helpful. Often effect site speed and performance. Need to optimise the implementation to reduce impact on performance. No heatmaps

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Pricing, ease of using and integration with Google data Studio.

David from iApotheca Healthcare Inc.

A fantastic free service offering

It's super easy to setup, and has a nice app where you can check on your stats easily. Also has a large number of sites you can do for free.

Pros

I loved that it was free, you can easily add more sites to it and it's tried and true. We've been using it for ages - I use it primarily through the app.

Cons

I am not sure about tracking on an SPA - and I'm also not super sure about doing anything custom with it. I feel like there may also be some PIPEDA issues if you are looking to use with Personal Information in canada .

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Google was free, fathom & pendo costs money, but I think actually is a better product.

Eugene from & digital LLC

Google analytics review

It can do a lot, but it can’t answer every question about data.

Pros

It’s easy to set up right out of the box.

Cons

It’s limited and businesses always outgrow google analytics.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Because it was free and had what I needed at the time.

Nicholas from MyArea Network

Google Analytics Review - Nicholas Day

Google software is usually free and is always my go-to regarding business and tech related matters.

Pros

Google Analytics lets you track all data regarding google search results to your site. You can get all the details you need about how your site is doing.

Cons

It has too many features that I am unfamiliar with. Maybe they should promote a tutorial to help you learn about all the features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

More useful and exact data ready at your fingertips.

Ranil from Freelancer

Best up to date transparent metric tool..

My overall conclusion is, Google Analytics is a great tool. I recommend without any doubt and I can say, your satisfaction will be guaranteed! IT saves your time, makes your work easy and it's very easy to use. I personally found out it's amazing. If you're using Adobe Analytics or something else I invite you to give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

Pros

As a freelancer one of my main activity is web traffic providing. With many years of experience in this field I know how important is to have a good metric tool to monitor the traffic and it's behavior. In that point the google analytics comes handy. It helps to track the visit of the customer until the last point, the time spent in the site/app which helps to improve the functionality. It's up to date, transparent and easy to use. When it comes to SEO it plays a nice roll to fulfill my customers' requirements. With the bounce rate of the visits it provides, ensure the my customers the quality of traffic I provide. That's why I always recommend my customers Google Analytics together with the tracking link. It has a nice dashboard that impress me.

Cons

To be honest there're some suggestions I would like to highlight. 1 - It need some direct support other than too much automated which will be very useful for a new user. (Previously I had to involve in some complains of my costumers regarding setting it up) 2 - It'll be awesome if google can provide the possibility to track the direct sales as well. 3 - In my point of view, the most common method of trouble shooting is (specially when you're new) to go and watch a video tutorial. There're lot of features in Google Analytics which will be very useful such demonstrations to understand how they work and what they do as well as to fix the problems you find.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

I first preferred Google Analytics by the name of its provider the Google. Then I found lot of positive feedback by its users and it's a well known tool all around the world. The most important thing, It gives you a great service.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The Best Free Analytics Tool to Track your Website Performance

Google Analytics is typically helping me to create more products my website visitors needs and I can give them what they want and I get better ROI numbers every month because of this Free Google tool also, It helped me to get more conversions rate. For me, Google Analytics is one of the best tools and I can't imagine myself managing and running my business without this tool and the new interface is getting better and I feel like Google is hearing us and reading our reviews to give us the best experience. I sincerely hope, they will keep the good work and add more features and make it a user-friendly tool and we will help them by recommending it to our friends and family members.

Pros

It's a 100% Free Google Tool and It's one of the Best Analytics tools in the Market. I can Use It to track my website performance and examine what the customer performed starting from navigating my website until purchasing my products. I can instantly see my website visitors in real-time and I can accurately track the traffic source very easily. I can check and see which social media platforms are delivering me more visitors/customers. I can see which product pages are performing very well on my website in the "Top Active Pages" section. I can see the Locations/Countries I'm receiving the visitors from. I can instantly check the Audience Interests, Demographics, Geo, Behavior...etc. I like the "Users by time of day" Section because I can see when I'm getting more traffic during the day and this helps me to launch my social media campaigns. I like also, the "Sessions by device " because I can check which devices (Mobile, PC) my customers are using to visit my website. I like it because I can observe everything going on my website and it really helps me to fix any potential problems and to try and create more products my visitors want. In addition, an extremely valuable tool to track my Google Shopping Ads performance by obtaining more insights. The new Interface is more "user friendly" with more features and It's making a lot of difference in my daily use. I use it also to track and follow my Redbubble Shop performance and to check which pages are getting me more visitors.

Cons

Every so often I don't get the exact Insights and sometimes I get them late. Sometimes when I use an AD Blocker, I get an error and I can't see anything. The Conversion option is a little bit complicated and If possible they can add some useful tutorials to assist us to understand and achieve the most outstanding results from it. They can include some colors in the Insights section too for a better-looking interface. They typically need to work on their integration with other websites like Shopify, Redbubble, Etsy, eBay, Amazon...etc. If possible they can instantly add more unique features to their Redbubble integration, so we can accurately track the direct sales too.

Marshall from Sky High Media, LLC

There's A Billion Metric Sites Online, And Only One Google Analytics!

Overall, I love it and wouldn't trust any other third party service claiming to know your monthly hits and traffic sources and be able to give you the keywords people searched and from what device and location etc.

Pros

As an SEO of 10+ years, performing amazing service and White SEO with Google and for small business clients all over the world, I've come to realize that you can only trust certain software and programs to give you real data and results when you need it most. Even I admit to using other software like AWR Cloud to catch a "glimpse" of what traffic I've received to a site in the last 7 days or 30 days specifically, I never trust it fully, because at the end of the day I don't trust a third-party telling me what the Source can tell me directly. Sure Google can't really show you granular statistics on 3rd party traffic from Yahoo and Bing and other major engines, but who cares. Google's traffic amounts to 66.6% of the traffic online, and at the end of the day, when I want to know what internal landing pages are the most popular by source of organic, referral, and direct (SEO) traffic locations, I can and that helps me to know what my audience is gravitating to the most, and that helps me create a new content schedule for the month, putting out content around the most popular and widely searched pages of my websites. I love Google Analytics, and I steer clear of the 3rd party noise, claiming they have better metrics than the source, it's bull. Get GA today!

Cons

There are a ton of new features and many don't apply to my version of SEO for local businesses, however, I just steer clear of those areas and look at the metrics that I truly care about.

Alekhya from Webskysolutions

"Impeccable Medium To Analyse Your Small & Large Businesses Traffic Online At One Place"

I was so easily able to gather the most impetous information of my business reach publicly online so I always made amendments in my marketing strategies depending on the analytics gathered for my business. And also I was able to measure the costs and marketing tips based on the analysis of my current business marketing strategies. That's it! Once measured, I refined my marketing techniques so that my business online reach had took a quick growth among the organic users.

Pros

What not! All the features provided by Google Analytics to track your business website by keeping an eye on the public reach, organic search, organic traffic,target keywords,improvements,marketing strategies everything literally for your business can be monitored on your finger tips online. The most easiest and convenient option for which I use this tool is that you can access your business website's entire data like bounce rate, daily organic traffic including the count with a gun shot perfection. The bounce rate feature is another boon I can say where it helped me to input attractive and organic viewer driven content on my business page based on the previous bounce rate value, so that it enhanced the readability and usability for existing and new users which helped in reducing the bounce rate for my online business.

Cons

As per my usage till now I dint find any cons for this tool so far. But I am a little dissappointed with the feature regarding the data viewing on a mobile or handset which is not so comfortable as that looks on my laptop. If you want to monitor your business regularly and need to have a fast growth into the online world then I would surely recommend this tool for a quick glance of your online business public reach.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

I thought to go by Woopra tool as an alternative for Google Analytics but I was so sure on Google Analytics data tracking in real time so i dropped the idea of purchasing Woopra.

Reasons for Switching to Google Analytics

I wasn't so comfortable in using my prrevious tool as it dint have exact tracking of real time data and target audience choosing options. So obviously I switched to Google Analytics which made my target audience set up exact and also allowed me to track the real time data of my business so perfectly.

It's hard to complain about free

It's pretty great for what it is. A free, easy to use product that will help you make better, quicker decisions. Again, it's hard to argue with the value proposition.

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use. For the basic features, you can train up someone to do reporting within less than a day. There are lots of different pieces of data and reports in there - you could spend tons of time going through it and still not hit everything. The basic model (which is all 90% of businesses really need) is free. Implementation is straightforward and about as simple as can be. Documentation (while sometimes a bit hard to parse) is readily available. Alerts are easy to set up. Very simple to make different views and properties so that you can keep distinct reporting separate plus have a raw data backup.

Cons

Because it is free, it is one of the lower priority areas for development for Google. There's one particular (fairly minor) bug in it that drives me crazy that has been there for at least 3 years, and I know there is basically zero chance it gets addressed. You have no direct support or customer service, so you need to be good at self-help and googling your own answers to questions (which is luckily pretty easy). You have to deal with sampling for larger reports on the free version. A lot of the new additions which have been hyped up have been pretty weak once released (User ID view, etc).

Also on price.

Solely on price.

Ahmed from khashaab

Google analytics

After using it for more than 2 years now and with its updates I consider it one of my essential data provider, of course there are other more friendly software out there to use, but dealing with google analytics is my main credible data source, after all its google who indexes your file to search engines who created it..how not to depend on its data.

Pros

It supplies detailed and customised structural data about your admitted websites that offer great help for a deep insight from many aspects with tremendous amount of information that can reaffirm your online business if you utilise it well as it is a very powerful tool or can san sink your business if you misinterpreted or overlooked the data provided , for example if you are selling products online for teenagers and you dont customise your website to it and the analytics shows you that the age accessing your page is above this age , you loose customers, also the demographic data is important for example do not advertise winter products and heavy clothes in places with warm climate and it goes on and on until you customise your online business for the right customer and thats is the core concept of google analytics

Cons

It is not easy to install for beginners and a lot of parameters have to be setup correctly in order to get reliable data that can help you take a business decision. The implementation of its codes in your website is not foe newbies at all or even a regular user, it needs either a professional or an experienced user to install its provided codes in the places they belong.

Sandesh from Faith Over Feelings Ministry

Detailed Analysis

I had an amazing experience where I got introduced to a new world of data collection. I came to know why many websites ask location details or mail ID (to detect age and gender - which I understood after using Google Analytics). I would recommend this software/service to any beginner in website building.

Pros

I am a blogger from the past 5 months, managing my blog and checking to see the traffic to my webpage has never been easier. So I checked about that and found out that 'Google Analytics' software/platform is providing detailed analysis of the place where my visitors are from, their age, their gender, the amount of time spent by them on specific pages and even number of people who viewed my profile in detail. Wow!! How beautiful is that! I was so amused by that and registered my blog page to Google Analytics. It also allowed me to take up a "Beginner Course" to understand the service better and comprehend the analytics results. The course is so good that anyone can understand the meaning of the data and the in-depth results of the analytics. I also have an option to connect the 'Google Search Console' to optimise my web page for Search Engines (SEO). And the most amazing fact is that it is provided by Google for absolutely free of cost. So now I can now know how my website/blog is performing in the search results and how people view my website. It also allows me to better understand how I can improve it so that the viewers become potential subscribers to my blog. All these points and facts are the ones which I like the most about the Google Analytics software/service.

Cons

The only point I would like to mention is that to understand and not down the data, one should have a basic knowledge about the 'Marketing Funnel'. One should know how the data is collected and to add items in website like - sign in options, location detection option, cookie acceptance policy pop-ups and much more. To understand these basic points, we need to have a basic knowledge about websites, coding and other factors available in our blogging platform. Improvements are based on intuition for beginners rather applicative knowledge from the data obtained from Google Analytics. These points I like the least about this software, as a beginner.

A fantastic and easy to use analytics tool

Using Google Analytics has enabled me to gain a better understanding of my websites content and my audiences interactions with my content. This is because google analytics allows me to easily identify where my audience are spending the most time on my site or what overall interactions they have. Therefore, this enables me to tailor my websites content and design to more specifically match the demands of my audience. This is ultimately a crucial aspect of retaining users and building a site that is authoritative and trustworthy in many ways.

Pros

The ability for me to track the whole user process of my audience on my blog is what makes Google Analytics a great tool. For example, there is a diverse range of metrics available such as the ability to identify traffic sources, times of the day your users visit your site, the devices your audience use , user retention , bounce rate, and session duration amongst many other aspects. Also, the use of graphs and charts to display the analytics of your website makes everything regarding the functionality of your site and the user experience really easy to interpret in an efficient way. This is because these graphs and charts are very easy to understand, meaning they can be understood by anyone, thereby making google analytics such a diverse tool that easily appeals to anyone with a digital presence.

Cons

I don't like the fact that google analytics also tracks your personal usage of your website (or other digital asset). By this I mean that every time you personally interact with your website, this counts towards the data that google analytics records. Therefore, if you frequently view your website (which I regularly do) the data can easily be inaccurate and unreliable in regards to how your audience uses your website. As a result, it'd be much better if they has a feature that could exclude your personal IP address/your personal account from the data. There could be a way that you can do this, but i'm not able to find it if that is the case, so this is an issue that really needs addressing.

Julianna from Clearport Inc.

Google Analytics as a First Time User with No Experience

My overall experience with Google Analytics is pretty positive. They make it easy for various people in a company to access and use whether they are administrators or not. That is important to me because surprisingly a lot of programs have many restrictions on the amount of accounts or users that can access that kind of data, making it more difficult for a boutique company who may play more than one role.

Pros

The integration of Google Analytics was extremely simple and easy for tech novices to setup. As a user of wix for the company website, G.A. (google analytics) made it easier than wix on how to setup their tracking. However, I wish Google gave a simpler yet more comprehensive guide on how to read / understand the data. Sometimes I feel as if I'm missing part of the process as it takes me a long time to research each segment of services G.A. offers and then to apply that understanding to the data in front of me. I also want to know more on how to use this kind of data from Google to my advantage, especially when it comes to S.E.O and meta tags.

Cons

Again, the features that I feel are missing are more instructional tools than anything else. I wish there was a guide given by Google for beginners on how to break-down the data, understand the numbers and charts and how to use it for my advantage.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

For a few reasons - it's known as king of the industry and it's free. Also, I use google suite for my email domains for the business and it just seemed like the easiest and best choice to integrate quickly and efficiently .

Indrajeet from India News

All about Google Analytics

So being the user of Google analytics, I can conclude that, the software can be used almost in every field. Having the simple interface will help the users to interact easily with the software, but considering the price can limit the low scale businesses from accessing the advanced features. Overall, I have a good experience with this software.

Pros

I like many things about this software. Some of them are as following: - It helps the users to create the custom reports for their analytics, - It also help the user to interact easily with the software using its several tools, like luck orange, - It genuinely shows the actual data and also let you know the source of the traffic, which is a great thing for all the user, - Even you can export the reports to excel sheets too, - It helps the users to track their created campaigns from any device, - the keyword planner tool of for keyword analysis is also very much simple and about 99% accurate as compared to the other tools, - It also compares the bounce rate with the exit rate to help the user experience problems. This is really a powerful tool, which should be used by all the business companies related to media and entertainment organizations.

Cons

The software will let the users know about the entry and exit of the visitor, but it can't let the user know the accurate results about the mean time(middle part) between their entry and exit from the site or page. If there is a high exit rate in a page, then obviously, there will be a problem with the page itself, but google analytics will not let the user know about that fault or missing thing, so the user is left only with the last option of isolating the page. Overall, it does not let the user know, about "why the user is doing what he wants to do? ". Having so many features in the software helps the organizations to evolve their business, but for low scale business, where the budget is a constraint, this software can't work for them, with advanced features, as for having advanced features, the software actually cost around $15000 which is a pretty high price for the beginners. So price can be a factor for counting it's cons.

Tiffani from Softheon

Excellent, but it has its caveats.

Overall, I would rate my experience with Google Analytics 9/10. I believe it is an outstanding platform for a free application. If it wasn't for the amount limitations I've experienced with simple things within the platform, I would have rated this 10/10.

Pros

The thing I find most appealing about Google Analytics is its ease of implementation as well as its ease of use. While taking a course prior to using Google Analytics isn't entirely necessary, I highly recommend prior to implementing and utilizing Google analytics that you take a course online to understand the ins and outs of the platform. There is a ton of free information out there on Google Analytics that can really help new users quickly learn the platform. The more you familiarize yourself with Google Analytics, the better you will become at leveraging the platform for your particular business needs. This platform overall is great because it's free and can provide a very solid foundation for your business analytics.

Cons

It took me a while into using the platform to figure out what can be improved for Google Analytics. While it is an excellent platform to use for your business traffic analytics, I would advise people to be aware that it does come with its limitations. For example, you're limited to the amount of widgets (graphs, charts, etc.) you can include on one dashboard. For some users, this may not be a big deal, however for my company, this was a bit of an issue at times. This is a simpler example of Google Analytics' limitations, however once you dig a bit deeper into the platform and deal with events, goals, adding custom dimensions and metrics through APIs, you will likely find limitations in your corner with regards to the configuration of your data in some instances. This is why I would advise anyone to research using Google Analytics prior to implementing it. F=I would like to point out that for companies with ecommerce platforms, I've observed that this is the best type of website to utilize Google Analytics for.

Craig from C.C.'S Lingerie & Bras

Easy to use Analytics tool for Newbies

Using Google Analytics tracking software is easy and provides the analytical insights about my customer traffic, engagement and conversion funnel. So, I can optimize my e-commerce website content, marketing and products to increase sales. But due to limited support from Google and no development or coding experience, implementing enhanced e-commerce tracking was not easy and made me spend more time than I would have wanted before going live. If Google can provide e-commerce tracking developer resource, it would help newbies like me get the best optimization insights in lesser time.

Pros

I implemented Google Analytics tracking on my e-commerce website. So, I could track where traffic is coming from, on what products it is converting and who are my customers. My favorite feature of Google Analytics is Shopping Behavior because it showed me the complete funnel of sessions of customers who engaged with product banners, how many of those customers ended up going to product detail pages, who from those added items to their shopping cart and finally how many bought the products. When I analyzed this funnel, I was able to determine the list of customers I could re-target so they bought more.

Cons

Implementing enhanced e-commerce tracking to correlate customer traffic and engagement with product performance was the most challenging part of Google Analytics implementation. Because I didn't have coding background and I never hired a professional developer. I tried to self serve by reading support documentation on Google's developer portal. Although that portal is pretty comprehensive with examples of code snippets, I didn't feel confident about customizing the code to fulfill my analytics needs. The concept of custom dimensions and custom metrics, scope and how to send data was complex.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

I chose Google Analytics over Adobe Analytics because of its negligible cost for basic website tracking and no limit on hits or page views. Adobe Analytics has no free version and has a limit on how much volume of traffic can be tracked in hit or page views. Once that limit is crossed, there is additional tracking cost. Additionally, there are more resources such as blogs and developer portal from Google available, which helps implement e-commerce tracking when developer experience is minimal.

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

The awesome tool to Track your Website Traffic

I am using Google Analytics for my personal Websites. According to my experience Google Analytics is the best and professional tool to analyze your website traffic. I can easily see the number of queries, which keywords people are using and how they can find my website pages. I can easily check on which search page my website is appearing. I have added sitemap of my websites in the Google Analytics, so my pages index quickly in the Google search engine. Whenever I add a new page or a new post or a new product in my website, I use the feature called (Fetch as Google) in Google Analytics. So my page, post or product appears in the Search engine within two to five minutes. Sometimes I also remove pages from my website just because of any reason, then I also remove the page from my Google Analytics account, so the 404 error doesn't appear in my Account. So overall my experience with Google Analytics is really incredible and fabulous. Because the Search engine optimization of my websites has been improved and I can include or publish the data in my website according to the users requirements.

Pros

The traffic analyze tools are really awesome of Google Analytics. I can easily track the visitors of my website. If you are using E-commerce website then you can also include or add the products according to the users queries and keywords. We can add the Sitemap of our website in the Google Analytics, so the pages can appear in the Search Engine very fast. We can add or remove pages from the Search Engine. The process is really simple, just add your website in the Google Analytics account and start tracking the visitors of your Websites.

Cons

According to my professional and personal experience, everything and every tool of Google Analytics is awesome. Even Google have changed the interface of Google Analytics. There is a new interface, so if you are an old user, you will have to learn few things in the new interface. But these new things are also really awesome.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

Web analytics of international class

Overall, Google Analytics is the best web analytics tool when compared to other tools available in the market. It gives us more valuable data and the user interfaces of GA are very user-friendly. Even I can make customized dashboards according to my needs. So I would like to recommend GA for anyone who is looking for a web analytics tool.

Pros

As a whole, people have many positive demonstrations with Google analytics. We especially like this since we can download our PDFs from our traffic reports and to our web pages. So, you can print out a hard copy. It helps you to recreate a hard and stable copy of the numbers and the demographic data and details of the customers. Your Google Analytics gives you the necessary data regarding yourself for your business clients and customers. The ones who need to know you and the ones who do not know you. It secures your position among customers and your respect in the meantime. We were working with SEO for several years. And our keywords have improved and started to be more catered to the proper demographics. All these are based on Google Analytics and its report. Now we will discuss the pros and cons of using Google analytics. You need to know these to make an optimum use from it. Many people love the google analytics platform. It is because it is thoroughly detailed. And the most broken traffic tools and this also shows you things with specific details like information including the number of people using your web page and the time they spend on your web page. Even the pages they load are given in detail. All these support you to be in touch with the potential customers according to their demographic range and ways of doing some trigging and catering. Statics and the proved from are examples.

Cons

The cons of this are something hard to say. This is the second most loved Google product after Gmail. It is extremely tough to take a rep call or an actual call from the phone to get technical help through Google Analytics.

Suzie from Melody Piano Detroit

Google Analytics Review

Overall, I've had an extremely positive experience with Google Analytics. I especially like that I'm able to download a PDF of my traffic reports to my website so that I can print out copies to be able to give to my team to review in meetings. It helps me have concrete and solid numbers, demographic information of potential customers, and it gives me piece of mind knowing that I have control over the content I need to provide to the potential customers visiting my company's website, because Google Analytics gives me all of the detailed information that I need in order to make sure that I am providing the information necessary. Not only this, but I'm able to ensure that I'm being found by the people that need to be finding me properly. I've been able to work with SEO (Search Engine Optimization), my keywords have started to improve and get more catered to the correct demographics based on my Google Analytics reports.

Pros

I LOVE Google Analytics! I've been using it for years, because it's the most detailed, itemized and best broken down traffic tool there is that I could find. I like that it shows you specified things such as the amount of time people are spending on your website and for how long, and which pages. Things like this help me really hone-in on what my potential customer base demographic is, and how to work on triggering and catering to what my industries target markets actually are based on proven statistics.

Cons

I can actually honestly say, that there's nothing bad I can say about Google Analytics. It's my second favorite Google product behind Gmail. The only thing I can really think of if I HAD to say something I like least, would be that it's extremely tough to get a rep on the actual phone (an actual call) to get technical aid.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Well, I have to say this, I do have traffic reports on lots of my online networks like my social media accounts, and the back end of my website builder, but they are nowhere near as detailed as Google Analytics is. Because of my Google Analytics account and report I almost never pay attention to the other traffic reports that are provided to me, because they aren't necessary. Google Analytics has everything I need covered.

Paul from TravelNet Solutions

The Non-Negotiable Software For Website/Business Owners

With Google Analytics, I have a comprehensive understanding of when people are visiting my website, what actions they are taking when they get there, and how it affects my bottom line. I know what marketing channels are most effective for me (organic vs. paid) and am able to make data driven decisions based on information that I know is accurate. Syncing this data with other products such as Google Data Studio also makes it easy to put together presentations for team meetings and executive retreats.

Pros

Google Analytics gives you everything you need to succeed in your online business, offering comprehensive data to help you understand how users interact with your website. From real-time reporting to custom data sets based on your desired conversions and events, everything is trackable within Google Analytics. To get the most out of the application, I would also recommend getting yourself Analytics certified, using Google's intuitive LMS software.

Cons

There's very little to complain about when it comes to using Google Analytics. If you aren't familiar with the system, it may take you a while to figure where to find the data that you're looking for, but with a little time (and going through the certification process) you can easily transform the way you use data to make decisions for your business.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

The reporting was significantly better, and we found no limits to the kinds of information we could find in Google Analytics (that was not the case when demoing Adobe).

Daniel from Computhink, Inc.

For free analytics software, it's very robust

Overall, I rely on this web application. The data's mysteries can't always be teased out with ease, but GA does make said data as clear and well presented as possible. If you utilize Google Analytics long term, you'll find it's versatile and expansive. A product which does more than it says on the tin, and does it for free.

Pros

I use Google Analytics every week, sometimes every day. It's my tool for monitoring traffic performance on our site. While GA doesn't allow us to examine individual known or tagged user's repeat paths to or through the website, it gives us incredible insight into aggregate visitation and use. We see how many users arrive organically or from referrals; how many arrived from X website vs Y and Z; which landing pages they came in on; which pages they navigated to after that. It's like watching a weather system. While weather systems are a bit more predictable (ha!), the data GA provides is still highly precise in the moment and over time - and it is invaluable. There is so much content available, we can't possibly look at and leverage it all every day.

Cons

While any individual lever is very easy to manipulate, knowing which to pull and when isn't for casual users. You must come in with some digital marketing background, and then you must study the software. Not just in general, in the context of your own website. Which elements you choose to ignore completely, which elements you examine over long vs short term, and which data is actionable - those all come from intimate understanding of your website's performance and purpose. For this reason, there's a bit of a learning curve. A bit of onboarding. Google has automated this process, which means you won't find help from a human when you most need it. I imagine that their high price paid version of the software funds its own support team, but it's a shame there is no intermediate option. Or at least there wasn't when we signed up years ago.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

Over the years, we've been approached by several other analytics companies - ones who will do the monitoring for you, ones who will offer 24hr support, and so on. In the early days, I might have jumped on this despite the price tags that come with it. Google Analytics proved itself an excellent solution with time and trial. In the end, I think the learning curve was worth it so long as you have the bandwidth for that.

Analytics solution that grows with your project

I have been using Google analytics for several years both for professional enterprise software as well as personal projects. Google analytics is different from some other competitive products in that with GA, you get an aggregate view of the user behavior. Generally, this has been sufficient for new and growing apps, where I am trying to understand use behavior as a whole. I am extremely grateful that Google has offered this product for free to developers with lower traffic rates. The information I can learn from analytics is absolutely vital in the early stages when trying to understand what is working and what is not working; long before the operation becomes profitable. I have some projects that steadily get thousands of hits per day and others that get near 0 hits, but in both scenarios the analytics software works perfectly as expected even when the audience size scales. Some of the great features of google analytics are not discoverable until you have significant amounts of traffic, but I can attest the product overall is extremely helpful at that point. Most recently I added Google Analytics to my project yesterday. after several years of usage it is still - and will continue to be - my #1 go to product when choosing an analytics package.

Pros

Google Analytics offers lots of great features that make me choose it over competitive products: - Easy setup and customization; I have used it with websites rendered on a server and single-page apps - Ability to observe user behavior in real time - Web interface has excellent tools for creating custom reports and dashboards - Native apps let me check on the data when I'm away from my desk -- in fact the mobile app is my favorite way to study the data - When working with multiple apps, the program does a good job keeping everything organized - The free quota is very liberal, and this is very helpful and necessary when launching new bootstrapped apps and when funds are limited

Cons

Here are some of my pain points with Google Analytics: - When I add new projects in the mobile app, I must spend a lot of time to set up the reporting views. The app comes with built-in views, but I prefer my own. I have setup these custom views for other projects before. I wish I could easily clone my previous report view into the new project. If this feature does exist, it is too difficult to find even though I am a frequent user. I would like to see Google implement this feature. - Sharing reports and views in the GA web application works well between two or more projects that I own; however, sharing dashboard template with team members who are collaborating with you on a project has always been challenging. I have tried a couple of times and so far I have not been able to do this successfully

Jem from Journo Resources

A bit fiddly at times, but by far the best package for checking and monitoring analytics

As a small business it's vital for me to know stats about engagement for advertisers, so this is the simplest way to pull that data out. The software is also easy to use on the go via the mobile app, as already mentioned. For a small business, it's also helpful that you can automate most of the reports, so as to save time.

Pros

Quite simply, this is the complete package: • In-depth: There are so many options in this, you'd struggle to find something you can't find out! The data kit is really powerful once you've got it set up, and I've used it with several clients to monitor everything from basic views on the page, to the journey across the site and how far they scroll down a specific page. • Mobile App: For headline stats, I've found this really useful as someone running a small business. You can quickly see on the go if what you've put up has made an impact, and there's still a surprising amount of flexibility and in-sight in a mobile app. If you've got a couple of accounts on the go, you're also able to log into multiple ones at once without faffing around. • Notes: Recently discovered and a big fan! The ability to make notes natively about spikes or troughs so when you're looking back later is great, so you can make sure you still view stuff in context.

Cons

Generally, I'm pretty impressed with this - the only faff is actually getting it set up in the first place. However, with a couple of tutorials from Google I was able to sort this out myself, so it is do-able! The only thing I've struggled with is checking outbound clicks - but I'm sure that is something someone who knows what they're doing can sort!

Reasons for Switching to Google Analytics

Wanted more in-depth insight. Still use in tandem.

Cannot be beat

Excellent! Cannot complain at all!

Pros

Google Analytics is more popular than Wordpress and is used on nearly every single website created in modern-day. Why is this? Because it is free, it is highly flexible, and it gives you the ability to track custom events across your website, app, and other devices. Google Analytics is used by many to simply collect user visitation and bounce data, but the ability of Google Analytics goes much deeper. What do I like most? The simplicity, the price (FREE), and the extensibility. Nothing can compare to the amount of value that Google Analytics provides.

Cons

Google Analytics is not user-friendly. It is making strides forward, however, with its recent design overhaul and implementation of search-based question/answer data. The learning curve is steep for anything other than simple website visitor tracking. Furthermore, with the creation of Google Tag Manager and the constantly-updating set of scripts, Google Analytics can be a slight pain for those who have used the tool for a very long time. For new and infrequent users, however, this wouldn't be an issue. There are not many cons to Google Analytics outside of its few UI quirks and the learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

It is a free option, and it is the industry standard.

Subash from Optimus PPC Services

A Quintessential Tool to Improve Business Performance.

Google Analytics provides you data on traffic from all sources - be it paid, organic, referral, etc. So irrespective of you are a small blogger or an e-commerce site selling millions worth of merchandise per day, Google Analytics is a quintessential tool that will help you improve your business performance. Irrespective of Goals & KPIs - be it grow traffic, increase engagement, grow leads or conversions, increase revenues, etc - Google Analytics is a single tool that will help you move the needle - give you enough data and insights to improve your decision making and realise your goals.

Pros

1. Can track anything and everything that happens on your website and apps. It's so powerful. 2. It's free (for the basic version). 3. Powerful data analytics capability to help decision making. 4. Can handle massive volumes of data in a simple & easy way. 5. The paid version of Google Analytics - that is Google Analytics 360 is more powerful - so if you need more its available on tap but is expensive.

Cons

1. Heat maps are not available fully - on the console itself - although a rudimentary option is available to view it on the website page itself. Needs improvement. 2. It's like a balloon - you can get more if you take the effort to learn and the learning curve is also very steep. 3. Reports and data visualisation are taken away and created on another platform called Google Data Studio, the functionality should have been added to Google Analytics itself. 4. It's tricky to setup tracking for deeper elements and also the key functionality of setting up is broken away into another tool called Google Tag Manager - again the functionality should have been on Google Analytics itself. 5. Organic data points like search terms are left out of Google Analytics and another tool called Google Search Console needs to be used to get relevant data.

Esra from V-Count

Best tool to analyze your website!

Google analytics provides us meaningful insights about our website so we can improve it accordingly, attract new visitors and increase our potential customers.

Pros

I think Google Analytics is one of the most useful tools that Google has provided us with reporting. Thanks to Google Analytics, we are able to recognize and act on our web site. Google Analytics provides us with our visits of our potential customers and more detailed information about how we can reach our new customers. You can gather below information: How often is your website visited? Where is the location of your users? Which pages are receiving more clicks? On what page do users spend more time? What is the average time a user spends on your website? What are the actions that user takes on your website? Is the user entering your website by using a mobile phone or a desktop computer? Time is very important for your website's potential visitors. It indicates whether the visitor has arrived by mistake or to inspect your website. It also shows how much time they spent on your page or product in detailed reports. This shows how much visitors are interested in which products you have. So, by moving the most visited product to the forefront, you can provide more indexing of Google Search engines and reach new potential customers. You can get information about which product results in higher rates by adding keywords to the product details.

Cons

It takes time to get used to the integration. Documentation is good but still, it should get better.

Stanislav from Remotek Ltd

The Best in Digital Analytics

As a Google Analytics certified professional, I am a true proponent of the product. It can be used by anyone (even absolute novices) to monitor site visitors and general ups and downs related to performance, be it from paid or organic. A typical Analytics user is the business owner who doesn't know much about the product or digital marketing, but can still use the product to keep an eye on things - ease of use is sufficient. On the other hand, we have all the professionals - digital marketers or even hard core data analysts that can solve very complex business problems, some of which are unknown to the business before looking at the data.

Pros

The sheer number of ways you can look at data. Most often I've found myself needing to check traffic from a particular channel - whether it has been organic when analyzing SEO results, or paid when trying to verify PPC campaign reporting, get an overview of all paid channels, or dig deeper and actually segment data from PPC campaigns to gain additional insight. Google Analytics provides you with everything needed to analyze where your traffic is coming from and what it is doing on your website. You can typically answer all of the following questions by using Google Analytics - are there any particular pages that cause my visitors to leave more often than others, which are the pages that are driving most of my desired actions (conversions or goals), why is my site getting +50% more traffic like reported by my digital agency, but we're not getting anywhere near the increase in bottom line results. Behavioral flow is something in particular which is worth noting as a major pro. I haven't seen other platforms that offer this functionality and although it is quite hard to get your head around at first, one you do there is no limit to the amount of insights one can generate to assist with conversion rate optimisation or just improve flow through the website as needed.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve involved, but that is not a con of the product. Google even have an Academy where you can learn about Google Analytics and even get certified.

Great Tool For Website Analytics

Google Analytics is a great tool for measuring the success of your marketing efforts as well as better understanding your audiences and their behavioral flows. It can take some time to learn but once you get the hang of it, drawing out the data you need is very simple.

Pros

We use this software on a daily basis to review data and help us make decisions about where to focus our marketing efforts, especially with social. It allows us to gather information on demographics, which is great for ad targeting, especially when you also use the Google Pixel which provides conversion data. It allows us to gather KPIs for various campaigns as well as track the success of our influencers campaigns in combination with Google Tracking URLs. We have also found that the Google Data Studio, which draws from Analytics, is one of the most effective ways to create shareable reports that can be manipulated quickly and easily for specific groups of pages, which is great for us as we have multiple segments with different target audiences. While it can take a while to learn how to navigate Google Analytics, there are great resources online to help you. You can track user behavior which is great in determining where improvements need to be made in your buyers journey.

Cons

It can take time to learn how to manipulate Google Analytics so that it provides you with the information you need but once you figure it out it is a great tool. It would be great if definitions were built in. There are many terms I was unfamiliar with and I had to do online searches to get clarification.

Virginia from Zenergy Technologies

Google Ads: Getting into the "Googler" Mindset

This tool has helped gain better insight into the mindset of a “Googler” as opposed to a marketer and has helped our organic traffic grow enormously.

Pros

Google Adwords is by far the most useful online advertising platform I have come across yet, but not for the obvious reasons. Google Adwords has various features that can serve as beneficial to any small business to large enterprise needs. My preferred tool is the keyword planner, which provides you with insight into the most popular search terms with an average monthly search volume and competition for each. Since Google has certainly monopolized today’s search engines I would strongly recommend using it as your first resource when searching for key terms to include in your campaigns, website, and SEO purposes. For more insight into the search terms that you are already ranking for and is bringing organic traffic back to your website you can look into Google Analytics and cross reference those phrases with Google Adwords to see if there are alternatives or better opportunities for you to rank in this niche. Ultimately, you are looking for key terms that have a low competition with a high monthly search volume. The secret… you want low competition and high search volume. The keyword planner also lets you set up ad groups based on phrases that pertain to specific ad or topic and provides a bid estimate to give you an idea of how much it would take to run that campaign.

Cons

When setting up a Google Adwords account it is easy to get stuck in the billing cycle. If you don’t wish to have a card on file or would just like to use the keyword planner to get ideas or improve on SEO you can opt out of the payment process when you first create your account. Because we are a fairly small company we have not seen much monetary payoff for our campaign initiatives, which was limited due to a smaller marketing budget. If you want to see results you are going to have to spend the money or the ad may not reach the intended audience or large enough quantities for it to make an impact. For smaller companies, I suggest spending your time increasing your SEO, using the keyword planner - as you can gain a bunch of organic traffic to your website if done correctly and it’s free. Tips: One way to ensure the key terms or phrases you intend your content to show for is to complete a search for that term in Google and analyze its results. You can also you MOZ’s plugin to compare the page authority and domain authority of the other websites shown in the search results to get a better idea if your word or newly selected word would outperform some of the current results of the first page shown on Google.

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

Gold Standard

Without Google Analytics, we would have no idea what is going on with our site. We would not understand what browsers are being used, what percentage visit with mobile devices, where visitors are coming from, etc. GA allows us to make data-informed decisions--not guesses--about where improvements need to be made. With each iteration of our site, GA guides menu creation, page layouts, site structure, etc. We are continually tweaking our websites based on the data provided by GA.

Pros

Without question, Google Analytics (GA) is the gold standard of website analytics suites, especially since you get so much for no cost. I love that you can track multiple properties from one login, tracking conversions, behavior, visitor origin, exit point, how long they stay on your site, etc. For most people, GA is all you need to understand what is happening on your site, how well your SEO is working, the effectiveness of campaigns, etc. The reporting functionality is robust, and you can export reports to several formats for sharing. Allowing others access to GA so they can get the data is available, although the controls lack significant granularity. But the filtering of data is robust--just about any control you could want in this area is available. And since GA is everywhere, there are plugins for every major CMS that make it easy to implement on your site. I also like the new mobile app, which allows you to track your site's performance easily from your mobile device. Official documentation is robust, and there is no end of YouTube videos, blogs, and articles from third parties to assist with getting the most benefit from GA.

Cons

Data visualization on anything other that the GA site requires a separate service. GA is very complex and with Google making frequent changes to the product, it's easy to get behind with understanding where things are located and how it works. Google also seems to have eliminated one of my favorite features, the heat map, which showed where visitors were going on a page in real time.

Best integration tool created by Google for analytics of websites and more!

Fabulous creation!

Pros

I have built a website from scratch and to monitor the traffic and analyse the data, I look at a tool that could help me. Google analytics goes far beyond my expectations when it comes to displaying analytics about my website. The simplicity with which I can integrate Google Analytics in to my website code is remarkable. Either using the analytics code or the embed source code options, I can navigate through and analyse my website traffic. This is really great for SEO purposes too! It shows me multiple dashboards that help to monitor real-time traffic and their locations from where site and page hits are received. I am simply in love with the smart and beautifully designed analytics intelligence, that understands and responds to my questions appropriately. We have different methods to view automatic insights of the website data and observe various generate visuals and reports of the same. This helps us to track and analyse data periodically and also keeps us updated with different types of users and their access methods like language, location, new or old users, network, browsers they accessed, mobile device, etc. We can also observe the user behavior and set goals accordingly.

Cons

There must be a way to directly highlight the analytics or display the number of users on the website, that have visited the site. No cons as such as I truly believe this is a wonderful integrated tool and can be used everywhere to track and monitor website data instantly.

Alfredo from CANTV

An ally for our web pages

I work in a telecommunications company and we manage different websites. In particular, in our communications management we administer a website that can only be viewed by internal audiences and another site that is directed to the external public of the company and the community in general. For example, this tool has allowed us, in the case of the internal page, to know the interests of our workers regarding the news published by the company. Knowing what you want to know about our organization and has allowed us to detect that the news that reports on labor benefits, promotions and salary adjustments are the most visited month by month. In the case of our external website, the tool allows us to visualize that the community that visits our site does so to obtain information about plans and services, as well as top-ups for their mobile devices.

Pros

Using Google Analytics is essential when managing a web page. Since this tool allows you to have a comprehensive statistical analysis on traffic and the general behavior of our website, free. - The first benefit of this tool is that it is free. - It is easy to install or apply to our website. - This tool is great to have a daily record of how many people visit our website. - It offers detailed statistics about each of the URLs of our site that are most visited. - Generates daily navigation reports, visiting hours and busiest places. - Shows the number of visits to the site in real time on each of the pages. - It details the average duration of each visit, something that allows you to analyze the contents published there to make improvements. - Register the bounce rates of our website.

Cons

- I found it difficult to provide access to new users so that they can also review the statistics on the website. - Only the person who has access can see, online, the statistics that the tool shows. This has generated that in our daily practice only one person must export the reports to present them to the managers of the company. - If an account is disabled all the registered information is lost. That's why the tool forces us to take care of that initial registration as if it were gold.

Andrew from University of Arizona - Phoenix

Start Small, Get Big Data

I used the product initially to track traffic for a couple of websites and over time have learned how to better design our site to improve the user experience. You will probably be very happy with this product if you are looking for this level of detail. You may also find that it is capable of much more with a little bit of time. I do think that I will continue to use Google Analytics as it has helped me accomplish what I was looking to do, and I would recommend at least trying some of the tools in Google Analytics before looking elsewhere.

Pros

Like all of the G-Suite products, Google Analytics shines in it's ease-of-use and ability to get you started with analytics quickly. Embedding and measuring your pages is not a terribly hard thing to do, but Google Analytics gets you started in a way that is not intimidating. The tools and data that come with Analytics are all fairly easy to learn and put the important information in front of you right away. If you need to do simple usage tracking or interpreting how people flow through your content, this product is great. You can get more in to the detail and make the product very powerful for you with some commitment to learning the UI and features.

Cons

I can tell that there is a capacity to use this product in a much more intelligent and finessed way. I have spent some time learning just how to interpret certain tools and I am constantly fidgeting and testing the tools out to get different information. I have had difficulty finding help outside of forums, more videos or work guides could be developed. Google Analytics does assume you know a bit about statistics and tracking when you use it, so any first-time user will need to spend some time to understand what they are seeing.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

As a University with an agreement to use Google products, it only made sense to try this product out before looking elsewhere. Since it met all of our needs, we did not pursue other options.

One of the Best Web Optimization Analytical Tools

Pros

I use Google Analytics tool to track marketing funnel activity. So, I can analyze what marketing channels customers came from, what marketing content they engaged with on the website and how many products they added to their shopping cart before converting on specific items. This analysis helps me provide insights to my marketing team on what channels to target potential customers with and what content to optimize on the website. Since the tool is drag and drop, so its easy to use. It provides unlimited segmentation, so I am able to drill down to specific products, channels and customers who drove the conversion without writing complex SQL code. It also integrates seamlessly with Google Tag Manager so I can add my own event tags for e-commerce and engagement tracking.

Cons

Google Analytics tool is meant for marketing analysis of click-stream data trends. So, it does not provide robust analytics on exact number of orders completed, post ship returns or exchanges, etc. It also has limitation on how many items, customers or other conditions one can include in a filter or segment. In short, Google Analytics cannot replace the need of a data warehouse or relational database business intelligence tool which needs SQL knowledge to pull and analyze transactional data. Additionally, Google provides very limited support around tagging and custom implementation of enhanced e-commerce. So, one has to depend on having a big data team and developers who understand clickstream tagging.

Daniel from daniel2writing

Google Analytics - a mandatory but sophisticated tool

Google Analytics has helped me to have a strategic overview of my site. I couldn't imagine how to manage a website without Google Analytics. It's intimidating for a beginner, but it offers way too much data to ignore it.

Pros

You can't name yourself a blogger or a marketer if you don't use Google Analytics. Every webmaster wants to attract more and more traffic, therefore you should "convince" Google that you deliver the proper and relevant information. There is no better tool than Google Analytics to show your traffic stats because it was released by Google itself. It's logical - if you want to know how Google appreciate your site ask it for the details. Another huge advantage of Google Analytics is the massive volume of data provided. Practically, Google Analytics gives you all the insightful data required to improve the ranking of your site. The number of visits and users, time on site, bounce rate, audience demographics, devices used to visit the site, referral sites are all that provided by Google Analytics. Precious hint: if you want to get the most from Google Analytics, you should corroborate the information with Google Search Console. These are the all you need to run a highly successful website.

Cons

Google Analytics is an extraordinary tool, but nothing man-made is perfect. Even though it's quite useful for webmasters, it's frightening for beginners. A more user-friendly interface might be a solution. You may discover new options and features even after many months of usage. Luckily, there are many YouTube tutorials or online courses teaching how to use Google Analytics. Some SEO experts claim that Google Analytics doesn't provide accurate data. Well, I believe that Google knows better what Google wants, isn't it? Most likely, some data isn't perfectly accurate, but for the most of it the accuracy level is satisfactory for the majority users.

Ian from DOmedia

Now featuring selling points beyond merely being free!

Google Analytics has been an industry standard for a decade at least. At the beginning, it offered an astoundingly robust measurement suite for the very attractive price of "no money." As time went on, its features began to lag behind more specialized UI/UX/Ecommerce tools – though it still won handily on price, meaning the discussion was often more about "and" than "or". Google's new focus on improving the synergy between its various web, marketing advertising and analysis tools is starting to put the product back on top, however. The rollout of Tag manager, Data Studio, the revamped Google Ads and Search Console – and the ease of integrating these products – has been a dramatic leap forward in the sophistication and effectiveness of Google's suite of website/ecommerce tools. The hope is that this trend continues and begins to encompass tighter integrations with 3rd party apps (I'd love to see a native Hotjar integration) and that documentation catches up to functionality on the support side.

Pros

Google Analytics has always been good because it is free and fairly robust. In terms of power tools, it's like a dremel. It probably isn't the single best tool for any specialized job, but it is giving you a huge amount of functionality at a really attractive price point. And, as integrations with other Google products increase, Analytics is becoming much more powerful than it had been for the past 5 years or so (as it's first-mover advantage was eroded by new specialized tools).

Cons

Documentation and support. I mean, of course support isn't going to be on the table for a piece of free software from a behemoth like Google... but it would be nice if they would at least go back and update/remove outdated support articles and forum posts. It is nearly impossible to find the answer to a problem on your first try, as there are usually five different answers on the support site all corresponding to different times in the product's development. You just have to try them all until you find the one that's still relevant. Not the most efficient use of time.

Quratulain from QZ Consulting

Start Analytics here

Its still the best out of all other free analytics software. The others are limited

Pros

The biggest benefit is the ease with which you can setup GA; due to its freemium model, nearly all the available CMS and web platforms allow for integration by simply adding the generated id. Once the integration is taken care of and the tool confirms that its receiving data from the site, it walks you through the software and gives insights. Google constantly adds more features to it, which means even beginners can get insights without custom dashboards because Google will inform if there is a problem on the site somewhere that should be looked into. Last, the tool gives enough insights into performance of your web property that one can easily stop problems and decide how to grow their revenue.

Cons

There are some serious issues with currencies and time formats when looking at the same account from phones etc. For instance, one property is set to a different timezone from where i'm physically present hence analytics always shows me inaccurate data on the phone whenever there is a time/date mismatch. i will need to wait for my website date and my phone date to align before it will show me accurate data. Adsense data only works with USD currency regardless of what the adsense account currency is and what the GA web property currency is. The Mobile App will ofcourse show the currency of the place the mobile app store is registered with. So much disconnect and this is all within Google official apps.

Adrian from Pearson

Exactly what you need to analyze your brand and customer’s awareness of it on the Internet

The service allows its customers to be aware of how your customers interact with the content provided on your website. It allows you to analyze what modernizations and adaptations are required to change your services for the better. It is definitely a solution worth recommending.

Pros

With Google Analytics, we can collect all the various KPIs for running online marketing campaigns. The program provides us with everything from page views to bounce rates, setting up different goals, etc. to measure the success of our campaigns. The functionality of Google Analytics gives us a possibility to set our benchmarks to compare what we are doing versus the metrics that we have collected in the past. It is a very robust tool, and a lot of features are packed in there. Google Analytics is a web metrics web application. With the help of Google Analytics, our employees are able to analyze visitor traffic. It also provides us with all the necessary data to make us able to paint a complete picture of who our audience is and what their needs are.

Cons

Ultimately, there is not much to dislike about Google Analytics. One of the biggest issues we face fairly regularly is the constraints on the number of goals. Besides, we would consider Google Analytics not only a solution with the easiest analytics to run but also one of the best on the market, if it gave us the ability to reprocess the information as well. In this perspective, it is really important to be careful and highly focused when creating files and naming them, tagging campaigns, etc.

Harshit from Nuviso Networks

With Google Analytics, you will Know your customers !

The overall experience of Google Analytics has been excellent, we been able to mould our offering to the end user in a way that he/she gets the most out of the website and make an informed choice when dealing with a purchasing decision.

Pros

Google Analytics has helped us understand our consumers better. We have been able to get real time updates about the audience on the site, which page they are active on and which application/product is getting the most number of views and so and it also help us in making our landing page better by providing a more intuitive experience.

Cons

The software is excellent in most aspects, however there were features like acquisition and behaviour where we felt a lot more can be provided by the site, and the iOS and Android apps can also be a lot better with respect to intuitiveness.

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

The core reason of choosing Google Analytics over others is the integration with Google Webmaster the other services like Google Adwords and Adsense. So it's a family of products that makes Google Analytics a top product.

Patricia from OneHope

Help! I'm not an analyst

Google Analytics can tell me a lot about what's happening on the websites I have a reason to administer, but it's always a bit of a slog to get in there and track down the information I'm looking for. I never count on being able to look it up on the fly, for example, during a meeting while my boss waits on what should be a simple answer to a straightforward question. But I'm glad it's there, and I fully admit that if I got better at using it, my experience would doubtless feel much different.

Pros

Sure, I'm no analytics expert - but should an advanced degree really be required to decipher what Google Analytics is supposedly telling me? Shoot me for wishing it were simpler. But let's start with the good stuff. Google Analytics is industry standard for a reason. Without a doubt, it's a robust platform that has all the features (and many, many more!) that you would need. I probably haven't clicked in all the places I could possibly click within the platform. I love the idea of understanding better how our team's websites and digital tools are performing, but I've never found it to be an easy or quick process to check the dashboard and figure out exactly what it's telling me.

Cons

As is often the case, the richness of data is not a predictor of its usefulness. By its very nature, Google Analytics is overwhelming in how much it can tell you. But it may not answer the questions you have as quickly and easily as you might expect. For starters, you have to know an entire other language--learned entirely via the tooltip definition pop-ups littered throughout. Once you do have your data in hand, that isn't the end of the story. Why did my website traffic spike Tuesday in users accessing it from West Virginia? Google Analytics can tell me what happened, but not why. So you still have to be a sleuth to track down the real story the data is telling. Not entirely the fault of the platform, of course, but a real frustration I encounter when trying to use this tool.

Nicole from Raising an Extraordinary Person

The Only Analytics Tool You Need

Overall, if you have a website this is the only analytic platform you should use. The experience is exactly what it needs to be. Brands and marketing platforms will want to see your GA before doing campaigns with you, if you want to run ads on your website you'll need GA. If you have an e-commerce website you'll need it to track conversion rate. It's just necessary.

Pros

Just from logging in you can immediately see how your website is performing from the main dashboard without having any knowledge of how GA works. It's very easy to see basic stats like pageviews, sessions, load time, bounce rate, etc

Cons

There is somewhat of a learning curve if you want to dig into and explore more advanced analytics on your site. It's all there, and you can see almost any stat or comparison you want, you just need to know HOW and an inexperienced user will likely struggle with that at first .

Reasons for Choosing Google Analytics

GA is the market leader in website analytics and all major companies require your GA info before doing campaigns with you. As an influencer you cant be successful without it.

Ethan from Freelance Entrepeneur

I fine tuned my web traffic with Google Analytics

It was some what of a process getting Google Analytics into my websites infrastructure but that is usually the case when editing code in my honest opinion, but all in all I would say my experience is very positive. I would recommend using this Service 100% you are leaving money on the table metaphorically speaking if you don't at least use some sort of analytics service and Google has a pretty good one.

Pros

The best benefit of using Google Analytics is by far the power it gives you understand who is really coming to use your website. You can use that information to focus in on the demographics you are going to get the most out of in terms of business for your website. You can see what links people are clicking. How your videos are being watched and a lot more. You can really figure out what is working on your website and what isn't so you cut the content from your work flow that isn't working for you. Time is money after all so not wasting time is the biggest boon I would say is what google analytics provides.

Cons

Well if I had to make one up. I don't really much to say negative about Google Analytics other saying it can always do more. While it has many ways of analyzing data for you. I would really like to see what else google can tell me about my customers if Google Analytics could give me tips on what else people trafficking my website might enjoy. Like for example: what is the most common things searched on google by the people that also visit my website frequently are. I think that information would be very helpful in fine tuning what my customer base want to see when visiting my website.

Reasons for Switching to Google Analytics

I decided I wanted a more detailed look at my web traffic.

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Learn more about your website.

It is an excellent tool that allows the collection of data in a very effective way, also organized in a very easy to read, although it has a large number of options which may make it a little difficult to learn to use it efficiently, google analytics teaches you data however the actions we take. With Google Analytics I have been able to carry out studies, which allow to increase the traffic, the time of duration of the sessions of the users, and to know that views of the website attracts more traffic, it is an indispesable tool for SEO.

Pros

What I like most about Google Analytics is the capacity it has for real-time metrics, its interface is very organized, and easy to understand, everything is very well detailed and independently, location, age, gender, interests, clicks , where the session ends, etc. All these separate options facilitate the interpretation of the data. Another feature that I like is how easy it is to add this tool to a website, I just need to copy and paste a small fraction of code in the index.

Cons

In all honesty I find it difficult to think of something that I dislike about this tool, it has a very useful free layer that provides a lot of information, which is the most commonly used, however there are cases in which information is really lacking on the actions taken by the user within the web, if leaves the page due to a broken link, or is another cause, the option 360 includes many other features, however the cost is quite high, can be used by large companies that handle a high traffic , and need much more detailed reports.

Binujaya from Sysco LABS Sri Lanka

Google Analytics – Organized and Reliable

All in all, this is great software plus it’s free for the use which is a massive thing. They provide their services to you and they don’t even take money from you. That’s just as good as it sounds. It can’t get any better than this. Everyone should consider using this software, despite the one issue that they have. I believe they will fix it soon.

Pros

What I like most about Google Analytics is that they offer you everything that you need for you to succeed in your business, from information about how to communicate with your customers to real-time conversations. Also, you can monitor your traffic. You can see how many people joined your site, how many of them left I mean you can see everything that goes in and out. It is amazing. Another thing worth mentioning is that this software keeps everything in place, its real miracle how one software can be so organized. Plus it’s free to use.

Cons

There are two things that I don’t like about Google Analytics. The first one is that there are some issues with time formats. Sometimes it doesn’t show the correct number of users that are online and I need to wait a few minutes for that to be fixed which is annoying. The second thing is that it is not easy to use. You will need some previous education about this software, more often it can be complicated and if you don’t know what you are doing then you might be in some trouble. They should probably provide some guide for beginners and for everyone that wants to use their software.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 5,249 reviews