• Pros

• "Great value for the price. Clearly a tool built for analysts. "

• "Customer service is great. They get back to me with answers very quickly and are thorough in their responses."

• "Lots of visualizations to use, easy for non-technical people on our team to use it."

• Cons

• "Really just some minor UI annoyances, but nothing that would prevent me from recommending the software. "

• "The self-service BI is not as good as tableau. However - I hear they plan to make this better. "

• "There aren't a lot of holes in what Mode provides. I may not be as informed as I need to be but I often run into issue joining one SQL query to another SQL query. "

Browse Mode Business Reviews

Sriram from Zillow

Great tool for daily data analysis

It is a great place to start for your data analysis requirements

Pros

I like that in a single place I would be able to query data from multiple data sources, visualize them through charts/tables and if needed create python notebooks for further analysis. Also, the ability to share your work and rerun your work by setting schedules is amazing.

Cons

Inability to visualize map data. Not exactly clear on how to custom aggregate data on the Pivot table.

White Label Imbeds fit perfectly into our software.

Overall, it has changed our company. Internally, our teams have data pushed to them daily or weekly. Our end users have significantly more dynamic systems. And overall, our analytics stack has a very predictable cost structure. We love Mode!

Pros

We love Mode's ability to push analytics into Slack for internal analytics. We also heavily use Mode's White Label Embed capability into our website. We are able to configure Mode's look and feel to be perfectly on-brand. Mode's analytics plug perfectly into our site.

Cons

Mode's Grid and Pivot grids still have a long way to go. We end up plugging DevExtreme into Mode - which accomplishes exactly what we need... but it's a lot of work. It would have been nice to have beautiful pivot grids and data grids out-of-the-box. Mode also needs the ability to have triggers (only send this report if X>Y). Right now, Mode can only send on a schedule... but many of our needs are warning systems (if X<=0 then send an alert to this team).

Nathaniel from Talend, Inc.

Mode is a powerful tool for your business

10/10 we couldn't have run our business without it. All of our production reports and alerting happen through Mode and it hasn't ever let us down. Mode works great with other tools in its space and fits nicely in to the modern data stack. Two thumbs way up from our team.

Pros

- You can query database tables directly using SQL - The visualizations are easy to set up and beautiful - you can literally style ANYTHING on your report using CSS, Javascript, and HTML - the Python notebook is powerful and easy to use, you can use Plotly along with a whole bunch of other great libraries for working with data. - There is a Mode API so you can use report results in tools like zapier to help build alerting around your business metrics - flexable parameterization for reports

Cons

This is minor, but the UI can get the tiniest bit glitchy, on occasion. That said I've seen the Mode team address lots of the issues over the years.

Mario from Promofarma

Industry: Cosmetics

Good for operative reporting but not as well as bi tool.

Small companies without any reporting tool is good to start.

Pros

Easy to use with technical background. Easy to run a queries analyze the results and built interesting charts to do some exploratory data analysis or follow some KPIs. Also is good subscription by email (or other methods) and great to use python to create some sophisticated analysis.

Cons

It's not easy to use for final user without SQL background. If you are looking for operative reporting or EDA is a good solution but if your final users don't know SQL and wats to do some analysis with data like: drag a drop dimensions measures from data mart and build their own analysis, use "drill down", use some sophisticated filters (or/and) or analysis to compare two sets of data,... it has a great way to go.

Mode Is Great!

Pros

Flexibility. Combining your data with an easy to use HTML editor is great for making custom tweaks to an existing graphic or analytic. Integration. The ability to integrate with most data sources is a great thing. Makes it easy to get started.

Cons

I think the app needs tighter integration with the notebook framework. Ideally - we could do some final data tweaks in our language of choice and make it available as a dataset to be used in a mode graphic. I don't like mixing graphic types.

Mike from Software management

Solves the problems we need it to

Mode clearly cares about the success of their users with their product and its shown in the features of the offer and the support that they have. Mode has helped us eliminate the need for a two or three step business process by allowing us to set up SWL reporting for any college to run, as required. This product is worth exploring if you have a team that needs data to be run re time or on a scheduled basis in order to provide insights that will help them with their day-to-day activities. Reporting that is real time or on a scheduled basis in order to provide insights has been helpful in streamlining day-to-day activities that are data dependent.

Pros

The thing that we liked most is that any employee who is familiar with SQL could set up reporting that can be run by all of our staff (technical or otherwise) to solve problems and avoid directly contacting developers when common data issues come up. For example, when our clients call and ask a common question, the team can immediately run a Mode report and provide the answer in real time, leading to a simple business process and effective solution for the client.

Cons

Certain SQL functions are not available in Mode. Organizing reports was hard to manage, and we had many legacy reports from past colleagues that had no context unless the user opened the report, which became time consuming.

Sameer from Molecule

Industry: Utilities

Excellent Query Tool / Embedded BI

We needed a centralized query tool, as well as a tool that provides BI capabilities. Mode provides both.

Pros

Security First - It's clear to us that security a primary consideration for all features they roll out High Customizability - we are able to skin our reports as we'd like Great Integrations - we post reports to Slack, via API, etc. Usability - it's extremely easy to use

Cons

White-Label Feature doesn't seem to be a priority, as it doesn't get frequent updates

Oriol from Ecooltra

Ease of use, strongly recommended

Pros

MODE is very easy to learn and really helpful. Since we started using it weve been using more and more, making it a MUST for any single area of the company. Connecting to Slack and automating its reports allowd the whole company to know how the business is performing at anytime.

Cons

It would be much appreciated if heatmaps could be easier to implement.

Great Data Science Platform - Great Value

Great company. I have had several in-person and phone interactions. Seem to be headed in the right direction and they are interested in talking with their customers.

Pros

Great value for the price. Clearly a tool built for analysts.

Cons

Nicholas from Insikt, Inc.

There's a lot it does well, but a lot it does poorly

Great if you're proficient with R, Python, and/or HTML. Also great if your metrics are really simple.

Pros

Mode is very flexible and has some great features Easily schedule reports to go out to your customers (something Tableau does not do well) Make definitions (commonly used sql chunks) that can be used by anyone in the business Appealing interface R, Python, and HTML integration Good organization options Easy to customize axes of the graphs you make Very flexible (if you know HTML) Really helpful chart type called "BigNumber" which displays your KPI in big, bold numbers (oddly hard to do in Tableau)

Cons

Visualization options are harshly limited (if you don't know R/Python/HTML) Limited GUI when building charts. All variables must be predefined in the sql query Sql editor is...not good. If I am trying to reference a column name of a specific table, it will show me similar column names from tables ACROSS OUR ENTIRE DATA WAREHOUSE. Nearly impossible to find if you have column names like "ID" or "NAME". I typically have to build my sql query in another editor and then copy/paste.

Alexander from Rigetti Computing

Industry: Research

Great for sharing data

Mode has improved a LOT since we first began using it in the spring of 2019. The notebook interface is much faster and more stable (it could still be snappier and closer to 'native', but it's much much better), and the plotting abilities are much more flexible and nice to look at. Big props to the mode team for integrating so many useful features and improvements!

Pros

Mode has made it much faster to write + share small dashboards for internal consumption. My team gets a lot of random last-minute inbound requests for analytics regarding different parts of our research program, and Mode really makes it easy to make that data available and re-generable for the leadership teams who make those requests.

Cons

Some analytics, like almost-automatic chart and table generation using SQL queries, are streamlined in a way I find confusing and hard to use. I find that I have to structure my SQL query in such a way that data comes out just right for mode to display/plot the way I want. SQL is designed for database manipulation and is not great for manipulating data. If the purpose of directly plotting SQL results is to bypass the python notebook toolchain, it would be nice if there were slightly more configuration tools for data resulting from SQL to help customize plots/chart display. I would also like the ability to share charts that automatically run on a set time schedule; I find that I frequently share dashboards with supervisors who are perhaps less tech savvy and who inadvertently look at outdated runs of notebooks. Mode *does* indicate that notebook runs are outdated, but it would be nice to be able to push this a step further and have a static link to a dashboard/notebook that re-runs automatically every 30 minutes in the background.

Madison from Active Interest Media

Industry: Publishing

Mode Review

I think the software is great, it helps us show non-technical folks data.

Pros

Cons

There is an issue with PDF exporting cutting off tables and visualizations and i have been asking for it to be fixed for almost a month now and no one has fixed it. It affects my ability to send reports to my co-workers, and that puts the software in jeopardy. If we can't show people in the company that it's great and functional we may lose the software

Joseph from Rigetti Computing

Industry: Computer Hardware

Mode was a game changer for us, but some aspects remain hard to use

Pros

The tight integration of Mode's SQL editor and python notebooks really brought new functionality to our team. I personally hadn't used SQL queries before attempting to write them in Mode, and the editor made it easy to learn. Suddenly, not only did our company have a single, centralized source of truth for jupyter notebooks that had previously been continually passed around in private messages, but we also had a clearer and simpler way to populate those notebooks with data from multiple databases. It was a a game changer.

Cons

Speed of editing is really my only complaint. I write any python notebook functionality outside of Mode and just copy and paste the cells I need to avoid having to write new code within the hosted notebook and deal with the slow refresh rates. This is just an inconvenience though, not a deal breaker. And its definitely seemed to have improved since a year ago. Another complaint is that the dashboard layout editor doesn't feel as intuitive as the rest of the Mode platform. It is specifically often difficult to get the intended result when resizing things relative to each other without iteratively adjusting window sizes in the dashboard editor and actual notebook output.

Nathan from Zestful

Best way to see your data

Mode allows us to get concrete answers about how our customers are using our product. The data visualization is a key player in sales, product, marketing, and customer support in our organization,

Pros

Very easy to use, set up and organize. Their charting and reporting tools are super powerful, and generate great dashboards and reports. The ability to schedule report runs and even send them to Slack or email makes it easy for everyone in our organization to be on the same page.

Jon from Purple WiFi

Great Analytical insights from Mode

This has allowed us to view any licence mismatches across our own portal and CRM, allowing us to solve any discrepancies before they become issues.

Pros

This BI software is very easy to use, it has allowed us to gather great insights comparing data from our CRM to our own in house Portal software.

Cons

Occasionally some of the coding can be difficult unless you have a very experienced Data Analyst to work with.

David from Roadster

Mode Reporting Review

Mode allows a easy to use reporting solution that is under source control and allows for all levels of the organization to use it effectively from analyst to a developer. This is very refreshing. In addition Mode makes some beautiful reports that end users love.

Pros

The killer feature for mode is how it integrates into source control (github). I have used a lot of different reporting products and there is always a big pain point in putting the reports into source control and easily understanding what dependencies each report has to various data sources. Mode makes this so easy, and allows me to quickly change data sources from a code editor across many reports.

Cons

There does not seem to be a lot of options to connect to datasources other than from a database. It would be nice if you could define connections from an API.

Khantil from Deliverr.ca

A great Analytics tool for small - medium size teams

Mode allows us to monitor our delivery operations. It helped us to improve on tracking our KPI's closely and overall company performance.

Pros

The ease of use. Mode is really easy to use, specially you can put it as a self-serve data platform to anyone in your team maybe support, marketing, sales. Everyone can use and get the data.

Cons

The version we had was running queries on our own databases everytime we refresh the dashboard.

Will from Phil, Inc.

Great product that keeps getting better

I'm a big fan of Mode. We use it for all kinds of business analysis and operational improvements. Plus, we use the dashboards to run daily meetings and have daily emails sent out with key metrics. I've found the support to be great and you can tell that they're working hard to make improvements every quarter.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that they keep improving the visualizations so it's becoming a one stop shop for analytics.

Cons

It's not Mode's fault, but I need to teach so many other people SQL in order to help them out. Otherwise they just re-run the same old reports.

Roarke from Pavemint

Mode Analytics - A Review

I started using mode with no knowledge of SQL or R and was able to learn some of the introductory information through DataCamp and online which has allowed me to get much more value out of Mode. The other platform we use is Metabase which is great for our Customer Care team because it does a lot of (if not all) of the heavy lifting for SQL queries. A few standardized queries or templates for queries might give less knowledgeable people the ability to get more value from Mode.

Pros

The ability to do queries in both SQL and R programming allow for dynamic data pulls. The ability to schedule reports is also very helpful for the different departments at my company.

Neil from Lyft

Mode for all Data Analytics Needs

Pros

Mode let's my team build dashboards to monitor our key results. It's incredibly easy to use and perfect for our needs.

Cons

Sometimes queries fail or it takes time to refresh a dash. Wish it were faster.

Herman from Airsorted

Amazing tool for a data-driven company

Mode is a very powerful tool for reporting and visualising insights. It has helped us make key data-driven business decisions in our first years of growth - without it we would be flying blind.

Pros

The UI is clean and simple. I was new to the world of Business Intelligence software and getting used to it was very easy.

Cons

It can work out quite pricey if you have a lot of casual/read only users.

Jeremy from EducationSuperHighway

Amazing tool for easily accessing your data

Pros

so easy to connect to your database and query your data. More recently, you can even use jupyter notebooks and write python scripts to easily join data from different databases. this is really helpful for our everyday work with data in different databases

Cons

Nothing, I love Mode and have been recommending it to so many people.

Benson from Unbounce

Overall experience has been great. Mode allows me to create a minimal viable product and share with colleagues and stakeholders quickly.

Pros

I like the Python Notebook. It allows me to wrangle data from many data sources and quickly share results with the rest of the company.

Cons

There may be memory limitations when using the notebook with underlying data sets.

My favorite sql software Ive ever used

Overall efficiency. Better organization, collaboration, and code writing

Pros

Incredible organization for my sets of code, great sharing amongst teams, great visual display of information

Cons

It's pretty hard to think about what I don't like. Dynamic variables have not always worked properly in my experience and charting can be a bit rigid

Justin from Lyft

Great adaptable software

I use more to pull and clean data and to create dashboards. Though sometimes it is hard to get the software to do exactly what I want for the dashboards, with the help of customer service I'm usually able to find creative solutions to get to what I need.

Pros

Cons

Some of the built-in reporting tools (e.g. pivot table) are quite limited. For example, you can't create functions in the pivot table.

Ragnar from CoPilot

A great tool overall

Pros

Once you learn how to use its features, it's very easy to use; building the reports, sharing them, and reading them

Cons

I sometimes have to refresh the browser to see the latest changes I made and make certain features work The graphing options are much more limited than Excel's

Arielle from Conde Nast

Great Software

Pros

Mode provides a similar environment to a jupyter notebook which was familiar and easy to adopt. Mode supports many packages and allows me to create visualizations that stakeholders can interact with in a front end dashboard. Mode has been responsive to feedback and has introduced new features to alleviate problems.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality on designing the dashboards without having to edit the html. Additionally, although many packages are supported in the notebook they are not always up to date which causes some trouble when using current documentation.

Nathan from TrustedHousesitters

Reliable, easy to use software.

Pros

Mostly reliable, queries run quickly and efficiently over large data sets. Easy to put together charts quickly SQL and Python support in one place is great - no need to export .csv files into a jupyter notebook all the time

Cons

charting options can be limited sometimes, and I don't always have the time to put something together in python. pivot tables are AWFUL, just get rid - it's not even worth offering them

Abedin from Slice

Mode Review

A lot of analisys regarding our bussines

Pros

It is super easy to use you can create a lot of queries

Cons

the dashboard tools you can create visualisations the big number etc

Gregory from Zillow Group

Mode Review

In short, we use Mode to ensure we are making Data Driven decisions at every level. We use Mode to find average price per unit, how long inventory is staying on a shelf relative to price point, which units are staying on the shelf the longest and what are their similarities.

Pros

How easy it is to duplicate a query you're using to answer similar problems. The ability to schedule reports with .CSVs to run for email recipients .

Cons

I would prefer that when I select a report from a list, such as in a space, that when I return to that list the report I was just viewing should be the first selection. In current state, when I revert back to the list I have to locate the report each time to amend it.

Joseph from Numerator

Industry: Market Research

Solid Software

Pros

The ease of use and comfortable UI makes using mode a breeze. It is a simple user experience and simple should not be equated with bad

Cons

Nothing in particular sticks out as something that is very bad. Perhaps it could be easier to create development tables

Zach from Slice

Mode Review

Pros

I like the feasibility of getting data as soon as possible without having to spend a ton of time digging around.

Cons

It does take a decent amount of time to initially familiarize yourself with the software however once you do its very easy going forward.

Laural from Clover Health

experience as a user

Overall mode helps me perform my daily duties with efficiency however the glitches and slow running can cause downtime

Pros

relatively easy to use to run a report and export the report

Cons

the glitches, the freezing, the delay in running the report sometimes so I have to refresh it

Jane from Good Eggs

Easy for a SQL noob, but more templates + help with chart building needed

Pros

As someone new to SQL, the error messages are relatively easy to parse and it's really simple to copy and tweak queries and reports.

Cons

The chart building is not super intuitive; it would be great if there were easy templates to use.

Mode Platform

Pros

Getting data is simple and intuitive. I use mode to track an Ecommerce website and it is easy to use and clean.

Cons

I would like to have more feature and an easy way to automate it with other softwares or programs.

Jennifer from Shopify

MODE IS GREAT!

I really enjoy using it! At my previous roles we had to find this data by ourselves so it speeds up my pre-call research.

Pros

It is so comprehensive. There are so many facets to mode that I am able to use in all of my sales calls. It gives me insights into my prospects most other sales reps do not have.

Cons

It takes too long to load all of the data, slowing down my day to day.

Dillon from Opendoor

A brilliant product - period.

Brilliant

Pros

- The SQL tutorial that got me started with Mode. - The user friendly UI - Report tooling.

Cons

There used to be some limitations with graphs, but it seems to have gotten better over time.

Priyanka from Pluto TV

Mode Performance Review

I have been using Mode pretty much every single day and could not do without it. very handy platform.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of access are the highlights. It can be used from any where and on any platform. Very handy and easy to use.

Cons

Very less options on plotting charts. It should have more options to get even better insights while using it for big data.

Madeline from ForUsAll

Mode

Pros

Mode is very easy to use, and it really helps with my day-to-day tasks and projects

Cons

There are some SQL features that aren't compatible with MODE, which has led me to do extra work to complete my queries that could be complicated if that function was available.

Charlotte from Shopify

Saves me Time

Brilliant. Has mede life so much easier!

Pros

Mode has all of the details I need at my fingertips. This makes my metrics so much easier and I can find . it all in the one place

Cons

It does take a little while to generate the reports, not bother though as I just load a couple at a time and while the second is loading the first is ready

Trupti from Pluto inc.

One of the best UI used for SQL

Excellent

Pros

I love how user-friendly the environment is. It is used even by the non-techies in my company.

Cons

I wish graphs could be more flexible to use

Eric from Open Door

Everything you need

Having a true, one-stop program for individual and shared taxonomies of every type has really streamlined our metrics and made our work lives easier to manage. We use Mode now for everything that has to do with numbers, mapping and tracking/planning.

Pros

I can track, plan, review and record data of every type with this software. Every day starts and ends with Mode. It allows an individual view along with shared data. We have historical data, charts, goals, scheduling, etc., all of which has become critical to tracking our metrics.

Cons

It takes some time to learn how to use it and manage the details. The support is there, but its not the most user-friendly software for beginners.

Mode is the SQL kit you wish you always had

SQL queries, database lookup, results graphing, BI.

Pros

Mode makes it easy to add data from a wide variety of sources, run live queries on that data, and produce detailed graphs and sheets with your results. Its free plan is comprehensive and great for public data collections.

Cons

Mode can be limited in its visualizations and sources. If you're looking for more comprehensive BI toolsets, you may want to consider more expensive options. The cons at this price point are essentially zero though.

EVELYN from CLOVER HEALTH

MODE

I LOVE IT

Pros

IT BRINGS YOU DIRECTLY TO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO

Cons

Sometimes the software will take a little extra time in loading

Jennie from ForUsAll

Great tool for analyst of all levels

Very positive.

Pros

I love that [1] I could get started very quickly [2] easy to write sql queries [3] but have the option of adding more complex features to build cool dashboards.

Cons

The advanced features are cool, but it takes a lot of time to figure out how to use them. The Mode service team is really good at providing support, but you still need a lot of background to leverage the help they give you.

Suleman from Shopify

Mode review

Pros

- Ease of use - autocompletion is very good - easy to generate complicated analytic reports - easy export for reports

Cons

- long query time or inexplicable time outs - very limited options for data visualization

Philip from Curalate

Fundamental to our business

Pros

The reports are easy to read and keeps our org wide data super accessible. There's a lot of variety and options as far as visuals are concerned and the product seems flexible enough to work with most, if not all of our applications.

Cons

I find it sometimes confusing to navigate and find reports. Would benefit from a nested folder structure for improved organization of reports.

Chris from Lyft

Informative

Overall, it's a pretty great program. My primary use is to follow, NPS, CSTAT and Resolution rates as well as driver data

Pros

The ability to obtain cross function data from multiple locations

Cons

sometimes the amount of data entered returns less responses

Drew from Shopify

Very happy with Mode

For my needs (and my team) it has been very useful to use mode to analyze snapshots of production data to get more insight into problems and to work out the scope of fixes/migrations needed to address issues.

Pros

As a developer I like being able to write SQL to help analyze problems and also create reports/charts to visualize trends/issues based on our warehouse of production data.

Cons

The charting is useful but it would be nice to be able to iterate/switch through chart types a little more easily (without sometimes having to start over when dimensions/measures are reset).

Great for understanding licensing

I have been in meetings with senior management where I have been able to prove what I have been working on and highlight which KPIs have been achieved.

Pros

Mode gives me an easy way of understanding licensing on our platform. On top of that, it can provide insights so I can keep on top of my monthly KPI's and make sure I am on target and helps me prove to the company some of the tasks I have been able to complete.

Cons

Once logging into the database, it can be fairly difficult to use. It's has a very dark user interface which is hard to navigate.