• Pros

• "The product is extremely helpful and easy to use. "

• "I like that the product is easy to use and very intuitive. If I ever have a question, I know that my call will be answered immediately by a friendly and knowledgeable person."

• "The web interface is very easy to use and it doesn't take much time at all to set up a meeting."

• Cons

• "Initial set-up was not as easy until you learned set-up and work from pervious templates. "

• "Some of the features in the legacy desktop app "one click" are a bit clunky, however with the development of the web app, this is becoming a non-issue."

• "Other free services offer similar products but separately, but Diligent is one of the only services I've used that compiles these together in a package. Thus, maybe pricing could be worked on? "

Browse Diligent Boards Reviews

Matt from Scotiabank

A board management software that delivers unparalleled excellence

Outstanding!

Pros

When we switched over to Diligent, we were expecting a bit of a transition period. But we were pleasantly surprised that everyone found it so easy to jump into this program because the design is so intuitive and very little training was required to operate it. The software has also has gorgeous and elegant aesthetics which makes it very appealing. It's a fast and secure way to handle sensitive information. Our board members are able to access the information both in online and offline mode, while TouchID ensures that only those who have permission can see them. It also allows us to move away from a paper-based environment which are also a security risk.

Cons

I think the years that the developers have spent studying how board members work and interact has truly paid off because you have a simply outstanding software that serves its customers well. I think the only thing that could possibly make it better is if they increased the scrolling speed when you’re looking through a lot of files.

Response from Diligent

Replied October 2018

Hi Matt! Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience and leaving us such a wonderful review! We really appreciate you being our customer and helping to share the word about us. Thank you!

Madeleyne from Alcaldia de Caracas

Messenger is a fabulous communication tool easy and safe.

Messenger is an amazing work tool very easy to use. It is reliable, it gives me security when sending messages or information to my team in various work meetings. It is a secure tool that allows me to access it through the login.

Pros

It allows me a safe and transparent communication, it automatically saves me important messages. I can create conversation groups, share documents and files in meetings in a secure way. It's excellent.

Cons

If I had any difficulty in working with this application it would surely be due to mishandling on my part. I really do not see any disadvantage in this software.

Response from Diligent

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review, Madeleyne. We are so pleased to hear that Messenger has been adding so much value to your work!

Sarah from Southern Company

Industry: Utilities

Happy Diligent Customer

Diligent can be used as a way to securely communicate with the Board across various access points - from uploaded materials to surveys to messages - and I love how widely-known it is. Our directors are familiar with it, and even if they aren't they can easily learn how to use it because it's so intuitive. Diligent provides hands-on, 24/7 help and support, and that can make all the difference in the world before a big board meeting. Overall, we are very satisfied and plan to stick with Diligent for years to come!

Pros

The three things that make Diligent stand out to me are: - 1) It is easy to use, both on the administrator side and the user side. The features are intuitive and easy-to-learn. - 2) Their customer service is amazing! We really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being there for us, ready to answer a question or assist with an issue. - 3) It is highly secure and provides a sense of comfort in knowing our materials are safe and protected. We are very satisfied customers!

Cons

I can't think of any complaints. It's true that they're on the pricier side, but you're paying for a lot more than a board portal - you're paying for research, for ingenuity, for corporate governance guidance, for the latest technology, and for top-notch customer service - so it's worth the price tag!

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

We have a long-standing history with Diligent and wanted to keep that relationship intact. More importantly, our directors, management, and administrative staff were satisfied with Diligent, and we aim to keep them happy! As long as Diligent is providing for our needs, we'll be loyal customers!

Chintha from Education

Messenger is a one of best app that can bee use to chatting with people

Messenger is a best app for texting with our friends and sending photos, documents, locations and etc. Find new friends and share stories with our friends it give very better experience to people. For finding latest news stories, find pages, funny things we can use messenger. Takes this. And have a amazing experience with it.

Pros

Messenger is a popular app which is People use to chatting with friends . It have more options to use people. We can take photos instantly when we at chatting with someone and then we can post our stories on it. It is actually connected with Facebook because of that we can find more friends in there. Here have best of one option is discover we can use it to fine the things what we need to know as educational pages, business pages, funny things etc. And also we can wave to people or friends of ours. Another thing is there we can take video calls also. And then on messenger if we need to connect with instagram we can connected. Thus here we can send or receive message requests to which people are not in our friend list on Facebook another special thing is there we can reply to someone by using their texted message by sliding on it. Take the messenger app and enjoy it.

Cons

On messenger video calls may difficult and here it is connected with Facebook so it may serve same friends to us. Thus it may serve some difficulties when we sending photos

CD from Public School K-12

Diligent literally saves you thousands of dollars in storage, Professional development, IT support, and paper. They are always on call for customer questions and training.

Pros

Diligent has many great software programs for Board to ensure that everything you need to aid your board is included in the software.

Cons

It would be absolutely wonderful if diligent could combine several of their products into one big product!

Messenger for art and craft

Considering all the above facts i think messenger is good.

Pros

I mostly use messenger for my bussiness because it is very easy to use and with the same time it has some features i like. Now i will point some of them. Messenger has huge collection of stikers and imojis. It makes me so happy. And also sharing photos and videos is very easy in the messenger. We can send lots of photos one time. Not only that this has group facility also. So we can chat with lots of people at the same time. Another useful feature in messenger is story. I can upload my arts and craft to stories and directly contect my customers through messenger. This makes everything easy to not only me, but also to my customers and my apprentice. I can send photos of my creations to group chats and make them aware of new collections. And also i can share my ideas with them easily. Not only that but also i can call anyone using messenger. I don't need to have their phone numbers with me. We can talk via messenger. So it is very easy to buy products from me. And my bussiness is going well thanks to messenger.

Cons

There are not too many cons of messenger to write. But there are few of them. One one them is sometimes its so annoying. Reason for that is the pop up of the chat head. I think it is enough to send a notification about the message. And there is no need to show the message in the notification. And there is a maximum number of photos we can share through messenger. It is better if i can send limitless number of photos in one time. Another con is when we send photos through messenger it reduce the quality of the photos. So i don't like it because my arts might be look bad to others. And this takes our contacts in the mobile phone and show our normal messages also in the messenger. This makes me confuse. So it is not nessasary. And there is one other con left. It is messenger don't show messages of the people who are not friends of mine. But they might be my customers. So if messenger shows me those messages directly i appreciate it a lot.

Reshma from Camden Council

Uploading to Diligent

Hard work

Pros

Not sure as yet. would like to see what amendments can be made to help with issues raised below

Cons

loading lots of documents takes ages when you have lots of appendices Not having the ability to create new meetings and adding relevant directors to those meeting rather than having to go to Diligent

Response from Diligent

Replied June 2020

Thank you for sharing your review as a new user, Reshma! We appreciate that you've shared constructive feedback about appendices please know that your suggestion has been taken into consideration as we continue to make improvements to the platform. Our team is always here to help should have any questions, or if you'd like to share any further feedback.

Denise from FHLB Dallas

Survey

Excellent

Pros

Easy of use - very user-friendly. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I do not have any complaints on this software.

Liked the platform

Samantha from FINRA

Excellent Customer Service

Switching to Diligent from Directors Desk was smooth. Our Customer Representative was very hands on and present at the first board meeting to set up Directors and give tutorials. Aside from my one issue with the survey feature, Diligent has been an excellent board portal! I highly recommend.

Pros

-- Ease of use for Directors -- Excellent customer service; response times are fast! -- The ability to take notes, bookmark and move around within a meeting book -- The new feature to add conference call information to the meeting book is great

Cons

My only issue with Diligent is that administrators don't have the ability to edit or complete a questionnaire/survey on behalf of a Director. This is the one item where Diligent has not made any improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Diligent seemed like a far better product than the other options. We also like that they have an entity management system.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

Directors Desk was being taken over by another company and we did not like the new portal.

Kathi from STRATEGIC EDUCATION, INC.

User-friendly yet sophisticated board portal

Purchasing, implementing, deploying, and using Diligent is unbelievable easy. Our account rep and the customer service team are extremely responsive in every way. Our directors are happy with the platform and so are the administrators.

Pros

The ability to drag and drop documents is a big time saver; hyperlinking the documents to the table of contents is very easy to do; you can quickly hide or view archived board books; works very well on iPads and iPhones; deploying to directors is seamless.

Cons

I would like to be able to view the draft book on the website (laptop) just like the directors will see it on their iPads without having to use my iPad.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Everything Diligent is seamless and the price is extremely competitive.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

BoardPad was not very sophisticated. It didn't have enough features that we wanted for our directors.

Elizabeth from Behavioral Health Works

Amazing Social Media Messaging App

I absolutely love all the features that Messenger has to offer as well as how user friendly it is.

Pros

Messenger is a free social media messaging app that offers an infinite amount of features to its users. Some of the features include: camera filters, free text messages, voice messages, video calls, group chats, money exchange, live location exchange, games, funny GIFS & Emojis and much more.

Cons

Messenger is completely free of charge, however, does require that its users download the app and have access to internet.

Raylene from Grey Highlands

I've tried a lot - iCompass always comes out on top

The Customer Service is hands down the best of any I have to deal with.

Pros

The ease of use and how much this one platform can do. ALthough it takes a little bit to get used to (as with any new software) once you start using it you will question how you have ever gotten along without it.

Cons

The formatting within the forms can become a little wonky at times. I wish it had all the same functionality as word.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

I had previous (minimal) experience with iCompass previous to going to a new municipality. While in the test phases of each of the others, I couldn't believe how cumbersome they were compared to what I had seen with iCompass. I recommended we start over and try iCompass and everyone agreed.

Megann from VIPKid

Conveniently Connect

I am able to communicate with my coworkers seamlessly. I never miss a message because it has a tagging feature.

Pros

I love that Messenger allows you to send and receive files, photos, messages, videos, and payments for free. This app is super powerful, quick, and intuitive.

Cons

Occasionally, it takes a while for big files to send. At times, when theyre updating the app, it can be unreliable. Overall, my experience has been great though!

Raka from Nambawan Super Ltd

Nambawan Super Limited Company Secretariat views about Diligent

Diligent Boards is a high quality product, allows you to overlap companies if you have users in a Group of Companies. Is user friendly, has a great support team and customer success team. Diligent software has many features which are useful.

Pros

The export document function which allows you to export a complete meeting pack to users. Diligent Support is by far the best/top ranking compared to other similar products in the market place.

Cons

A majority of the features relies on good internet connectivity which is difficult in countries like mine where the internet is slow and sometimes unreliable. Also Diligent doesn't allow customizing of documents, especially in the Minutes app. Diligent could be more interactive as a tool, with prompts included in the program to assist new users or act as reminders on how to use it.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Users were more familiar with Diligent, and also companies using Diligent were the top companies in the country, therefore Diligent was preferred, even though it was more pricy.

Review for messenger

ill give 5 star if u add the simple feature to make easier for us to delete message by all click function

Pros

i enjoy the fact that i can call, text or video chat with my friends on here

Cons

messenger is good but right now there are way too many bugs and they are very noticeable

Laura from Bank of The Bahamas Limited

One of the most important software tools in the Bank especially during time of COVID-19

Meetings are held virtually with minimum effort. Board resolutions can be passed electronically Time saving tool

Pros

This product allows the Bank to share information, make decisions in an efficient and safe environment. Saves on time and printing.

Cons

So far the only issue is that one cannot rotate a document. However, that is easily fixed by scanning it in portrait form.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

The assessment was done by our IT team. Whilst both products had similar features the IT's team decision was ultimately to choose Diligent. We have found it to be very user friendly.

Michelle from Education

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Messenger

Pros

I love it all around. It keeps me in touch with my friends and loved ones. It's very simple to use. Most of all I love the dark mode.

Cons

I don't really like that it uses so much data and space on my phone. That's the only downside.

Michelle from School District of Beloit

Resistant to Love It!

I find the customer service people to be exceptionally knowledgable, friendly and helpful. Many times when I call and ask questions, they will go above and beyond in an explanation, send tip sheets or provide short cuts. I have even had them say to me, that is an excellent thought processes and way of doing "it", whatever I'm calling about, but then offer an easier solution or another thought or process that may be better or something to consider that I hadn't even thought of. I also appreciate the follow up and/or offer for additional training if needed or requested. My experience has been truly wonderful with everyone I talk to, even in a crunch, meeting deadlines and they almost always answer...I think I only waited one time out of 20 for a call back and it came relatively soon after I left my message. Thank you to the BoardDocs team!

Pros

What I like most about BoardDocs is the ease about using it. I feel its fairly intuitive, easy to pick up on as its similar to other software programs you might use, they have built a great platform for allowing multiple ways to use the product. We have been using the software for almost two years and I would not go back to doing scanned PDF packets on our website ever! I was resistant through several demonstrations or communications with sales people. The last time, I felt that I finally could envision myself using the product and having it be useful, time-saving and user-friendly. I was ready to jump on board!

Cons

The software does not allow for a lot of individualization or specialization, such as on the featured page which is similar to having a home page. I would like to be able to customize this page or other aspects of the software more to reflect our own district trends or social feel. I also do not like that once reports are submitted, especially if they have executive content, the person who wrote the report with the content, can no longer see the report they wrote when it comes to making revisions or changing anything if its been submitted and at the meeting can no longer see the executive content even if they were the one who wrote the report.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Diligent was demonstrating at our State Convention and board members heard the proposal and suggested we, as a district, look into it. My Superintendent was amenable and the rest is history. The trainer who came out to us, and I was grateful for the one-on-one, in person training, even stayed for an evening training session with our Board of Education and patiently answered all of their questions!!

Katherine from MedStar

Makes life so much easier for Directors!!

Diligent enables two important Board functions (provided that the hospital admins upload the materials timely, which they do really well after a quick learning curve years ago): 1) Directors (or Committee members) have materials in advance and there is every reason for them to be prepared for meetings 2) During meetings at our hospital and the system meetings, all participants (often 18-30 people in the room) can simply be directed to a specific page in the Diligent packet and boom! we're all on the same page, not shuffling through a bunch of papers. Members of boards and board committees are selected because they are in the center of important things for the institution. They shouldn't have to diddle around looking for some document used in a meeting. The Diligent system ensures that Boards and Committees have what they need to perform the important jobs they agree to in guiding the system and providing meaningful input. It is important that organization administrators have good training and support to launch this process -- it took a few months but then our admins totally rocked this thing! Thank you, Diligent, for enabling our Board and Committees to use their time for important business and dialogues -- rather than waiting for a document to be photocopied or shuffling through a pile of papers.

Pros

Reams of paper, and many valuable moments in Board meetings (and administrator time), are saved because of Diligent. Our hospital system has used Diligent for Board work for several years now. The hospital administrators have mastered the art of getting the appropriate materials posted, on time and accurately -- and our Board meetings flow more smoothly and with increased engagement by members, because everyone has the materials in front of them and ... materials to review in advance.

Cons

I can't speak to the back office work -- I'm an end-user as the Board chair and member/chair of committees -- from my perspective I'd like to see some highlighting/focus from Diligent. Every Board or Committee icon on the software looks the same -- what if the Diligent Team were to put a red (or green or whatever- striped?) border around the most recent, the "live" meeting that members are to focus on?

Sandra from People's Utah Bancorp / Bank of American Fork

We LOVE Diligent Boardbooks. Secure, user friendly, excellent features, excellent customer support.

It saves me time in preparing for board meeting and committee meetings. Less printing of documents, so it saves time. It is more secure with no hard copies getting left around. Paperless meetings are the best way to go. The board members can view or access the material anywhere in the world and on any device. You are never out of reach so you can always attend important meetings while out of town, and with carrying no paper copies. You always have it at your fingertips. Documents can be loaded quickly, even in the middle of a meeting. The users never know new documents are being loaded, so no interruptions. I always know where to go back to find documents. it has been a real asset in this company.

Pros

It's secure, password protected, easy to use, very little training needed to use, has many features "built in" that I love, i.e. automatic save as you build the sites. Can view documents from any device. I love the "note taking" feature and the ability to do questionnaires, vote for board items option, and fingerprint sign-on. I also love the drag and drop method to load documents onto your sight, and the ability to drag your tabs into another position. I love how there is always a new feature being implemented or developed. They listen to the customer and create what "you" think is important. The program moves you through the pages quickly. It never gets bogged down. Our Board of Directors love Boardbooks and plan to continue using this product for a long time. We have all of our committees and our main board meetings on Diligent Boardbooks. We love the paperless feature and the security of our documents. We never have to worry about confidential information being in the wrong hands. We are fans!! We can't say enough good things about Diligent Boards and the great people at Diligent. Great Customer Service! Friendly! Professional. Always available to help you day or night. We have used Diligent Boards since 2010 and they have never let us down. They are well trained professionals. They help make your job easier! Thanks Diligent!

Cons

Many more Pros than cons. If I have an issue with the product/software, its because I am not using it correctly. The only thing I can think of is, that it may be nice to have an "undo" feature in case I accidentally choose the incorrect option and something gets deleted. It has not happened yet.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your wonderful note, Sandra. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It was a delight to read your positive comment - thank you very much!

Patricia from CIM Group

Diligent Board Review

Diligent Boards is a great tool for assembling and housing board materials. It saves us hours of preparation time for our five boards and related committee meetings. It also functions well for directors to be able to access materials securely from anywhere in the world. We also use it to assemble other types of document packages rather than just board books.

Pros

It is easy to use and very intuitive for both administrators and directors. I like that there are several ways to accomplish certain tasks, depending on what works best for my company and directors.

Cons

There is no dedicated online training for directors or administrators. The help features are very good, but directors don't have the time or inclination to search how to handle basic functions. In addition, the notification, table of contents and calendar features are the weak parts of the software. Administrators should be able to add other users to a notification, even if not listed as a member of the particular committee or board. The table of contents feature, while improved from a few years ago, still isn't editable or movable within the document. The new Agenda feature also should be more editable.

Response from Diligent

Replied June 2020

Hi Patricia, it's great to hear that you find Diligent intuitive and easy to use! Thank you for taking time to provide feedback please know that we are always looking to make improvements to our platform, and have taken your feedback into account.

Mary from GEO Group, Inc.

Industry: Government Relations

Eileen Roth's Review

I like Diligent. I like uploading the books. I think the part of saving the book and having an easier time of choosing the correct people is rough. Also you can not change the email addresses or delete anyone on the email to notify the Board that the book has been released.

Pros

I like drag and drop of the documents for our Board of Directors committee meetings. I organized the documents in the correct order so when I put the book together it is a fast and easy process.

Cons

The four actions that I have experienced to create a problem. 1. When the difference sections of the book are uploaded, if you save the book and go back in, you have to save the whole book again or it will not be released. 2. When the book is completed, making sure the right people receive the book. Having to go out of the book to go back into the book to edit and chose who gets it. 3. Making sure that the Board Members have refreshed their iPads so they can see the books. We have had problems with the Board of Directors not being able to open their books. Sometimes it is IS settings that have to be updated. But NO One wants the Board yelling that they can not read their books. 4. We are going to have a test page the day before the Board Meetings to see if anyone is having a problem opening their book or documents.

Response from Diligent

Replied October 2018

Hi Eileen, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We have some suggestions that may help with some of the issues you are experiencing, including an auto sync feature that will automatically update your directors' books. Please feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to discuss further.

Powerful, Expensive Tool for Producing and Managing Sensitive Board Materials

Before switching to Diligent Boards, our users had severe difficulty accessing, producing and sharing their content at quarterly retreats. Our support personnel received large amounts of tickets to assist with these activities. After switching, our users appear happy with the product and our support requests have decreased dramatically.

Pros

The solution is easy to use and can be accessed from a multitude of devices. One of the best features is how document changes and approvals are tracked. You can also easily grant/restrict access to content meant for Board sub-committee members.

Cons

The solution is expensive and will be cost-prohibitive for smaller organizations. Everything works well and the support is top notch, but the value proposition can be hard to justify.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

Our Board had previously used SharePoint sites and document libraries to host their content. Managing their materials and even granting the correct access to sensitive materials proved to be very inefficient and frustrating for them.

Brenda from Insurance

Strongly Recommend

I highly recommend Diligent. I was first introduced to it as a Board member of an organization. I have recommended it to other organizations and have also implemented it myself for a client. Great user and administrator experience. I personally use Diligent for 3 different Boards and really like the way I can easily, and securely, move between organizations on Diligent.

Pros

As a user: Navigation between Boards, Committees and Resources Center. Layout and use is very easy and intuitive. Welcoming design to read the materials and work with. Also, customer service is over the top outstanding. I am so impressed with how responsive and knowledgeable everyone at Diligent is. As an Administrator: Very easy to use. Can upload documents in any format and can rearrange as needed.

Cons

I like everything about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Functionality, layout and ease of use for both Board members and Administrators.

Kelly from Bank First

A great product

Our overall experience with Diligent has been very positive. The new upgrades have been a huge improvement.

Pros

Its ease of use, in both building books on the administrative side and reviewing materials on the user side.

Cons

I would like the currently separate D&O questionnaires module to be included in our package without additional cost.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

With the new upgrades to the platform, Diligent has the same (or more) features as its competitors, some done in a better, more streamlined way, for the same price or less.

Andrea from Walmart

Highly Recommend Diligent Boards

Diligent has great customer service and is very easy to use and understand the ends and outs of the product.

Pros

Diligent Boards and very easy to use as an administrator and as a user. The time that it takes as an admin to upload materials has decreased dramatically compared to the software we used previously. It's so easy to build a book that you almost think you missed a step. The permissions are very easy to understand and control. Our board members love the ease of use of the software for the iPad. It seemed very easy to transition everyone to this new product and we had 200+ users to transition over.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to see who all has access to a particular set of materials once a books is archived as to be able to scroll through all the users, you have to put the materials back in hidden or current mode to do this.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Diligent was easy to understand and seemed like it would fit our needs well, which is has.

Moira from ACC

Moira Kelling

From day one, I have been impressed with the support I have received from Diligent.

Pros

Cons

I wish I could move sub-tabs between header tabs

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

We needed a product that provided us with the security we needed and that our Board were comfortable with.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

We were looking for something that gave us more flexibility when loading our Board and Executive meeting papers.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2020

Hi Moira - thank you for your review! We're glad that Diligent is working well for you and your organization and that you've had a great experience with our customer support team. Please know that we are always looking to make improvements to Diligent, and are taking your sub and header tab feedback into account - thank you for sharing!

Felecia from Flinn Foundation

Superior portal software for board and C-Suite modern governance

Pros

Cons

From my perspective, there are NONE! Diligent Boards significantly reduces preparation time for board directors and C-Suite meetings. It is a tool I consistently use to provide immediate access and seamless navigation by facilitating communications and enabling timely viewing of current and historical meeting materials to the Flinn Board and Executive Staff.

Lynda from SaskTel

Essential Product to our Business

Diligent has been immediately responsive to any questions or issues we have with the product, passwords, or general operating questions. Our board does not utilize all of the many features but we have the option to do so if we wish to expand our usage.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the instant replacement of documents that I used to have to courier out to Board members, and the environmental & confidential aspects of not having printed copies of Board materials.

Cons

I'm frustrated that the web version and one-click are not identical yet and wait for the day that the web version can do the drag and drop the same way that one-click does.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

One of the other Crown Corporations in Saskatchewan was already using Diligent.

Cassandra from Bega Cheese Limited

Industry: Food Production

Board books at your fingertips

My overall experience with Diligent Boards has (and continues to be) excellent, both in terms of using the software and dealing with the customer service teams.

Pros

From an administrator's point of view, quick and easy to collate, distribute and maintain. Storage of and access to material is also simple, along with allocation of permissions and access. Training and customer service / support is available 24/7 and is prompt, useful and reliable. The mobile phone app is also really handy for managing books on the go.

Cons

Darla from CoreCivic, Inc.

Industry: Law Enforcement

Diligent is Awesome!

I have been responsible for preparing and distributing board materials for over 40 years. Diligent is the best thing since ice cream! From ease of preparing, making changes, updating last minute requests, sending board members additional materials, etc. It makes my life so much easier and faster giving me time to focus on other tasks.

Pros

The best thing other than ease of use, is being able to make last minute changes/updates and have Board members receive them automatically. They have all the information in one place and don't have to carry around huge notebooks.

Cons

I wish I was able to move the order of the books around (without having to make changes with Diligent)

N.A

judi from apogee enterprises, inc.

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Diligent Board Portal

Pros

Our Company has used the Diligent Board portal since 2011 and are extremely pleased with Diligent. It has eliminated a great deal of stress and frustration in preparing for our quarterly Board meetings, quarterly SEC filing reviews, obtaining signatures on meeting minutes and providing onboarding materials to new Directors. The ease of substituting documents as necessary insures that our users always have up-to-date information. The portal has eliminated the need for making copies of the materials and delivering the materials to the users in sufficient time to review before the meeting or event. The ability for the users to make notes (keeping them private or making the notes public) is very helpful during the review process before meetings. Archiving materials after the meeting or review has happened gives the users an easy way to go back and see what happened in the past. The Resource Center also provides the users with relevant information -- both historical and current.

Cons

It is a cumbersome task to provide access to new users to materials that have been archived.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

Easy of use and at the time of purchase, some of our Directors had used other products and voiced their opinion on those products.

Charles from Houston Community College

Great way to keep in touch with individuals and grous

In a second business I work with, vendors are allowed to communicate needs and ask questions. I works great because frequently vendors have the same or similar questions.

Pros

This software allows me to contact individuals and groups at my leisure, and they can respond at their leisure. People can be added or deleted from the discussion as needed. It provides a record of everything that was discussed and allows the exchange of images. You can set notifications so that you know when a response is received.

Cons

The software meets all of my needs. I cannot think of any cons for the way I utilize the software.

Casie from Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia

A game-changer for Board papers

Excellent experience with Diligent Boards and exceptional service and support from the Team. Distribution of papers to the Board is an efficient and seamless process.

Pros

Integration and transition to Diligent Boards was seamless. The product is easy to use and one of the key advantages is the amount of time it saves, collating and distributing board papers. Papers can easily be replaced and late papers added. The Agenda builder is excellent. Being able to export the papers is a great feature.

Cons

Unfortunately it is an expensive tool.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

With Diligent’s acquisition of BoardPad, the BoardPad platform was decommissioned

Linda from Chicago Commons Association

I find the software to be user friendly and very helpful - no more making copies for board members.

Makes my job easier.

Pros

The ease in creating and editing the books. Not about the software but Diligent has excellent customer service with reps who are well versed in their knowledge of the software.

Cons

The inability to move tabs you've created into another placeholder i.e. Tab 4 now needs to become Tab 1, you can't easily bump the tap up or down. I have added tabs above or below to get the results I'm looking for - it that could be done easier it would be great and perhaps a feature to make small edits on docs uploaded. Sometimes at the last minute, the board wants to make small changes. A time saver would be to have the ability to revise the doc without going back to the original one, revising and then reuploading.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Linda! Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We would love to make your positive experience even better - please don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about reordering and reorganizing your tabs. Speak soon!

Pam from CommonSpirit Health

Review of Diligent Board Books

Overall, my experience has been great.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can have one sign in if members are on other boards.

Cons

More flexibility in changing an evaluation if already published.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

We got more for our money, the 24/7 helpdesk, and Diligent WOULD sign the legal document.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

Directors Desk wouldn't sign a legal document stating another breach wouldn't happen.

Carole from Fortis Alberta Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Very user friendly, easily accessible and slick system.

Excellent experience. If I can't figure it out, the team is always ready to help out 24/7. Especially in the wee hours of the morning if needed!

Pros

Appreciate how easy it is to upload material in most formats. Very flexible with many options to organize your books. The Agenda Builder is a game changer.

Cons

Not a lot of flexibility to customize formatting on the Agenda Builder produced agenda i.e. fonts, can only input time duration (i.e. 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) instead of just how many hours/minutes each section will be presented.

A Excellent Software

Actually a amazing application. Specially we can use a lot of emojis when using messenger. As well as I could met many friends as virtually due to this application. It is very useful for me. Of the other hand we can chat each other even low network capacity. So it is a big advantage for me. As well as this software never stocks my devise and it is not harmful for mobile phones. Finally I can mention I never had any problems using this software. Thank you. Have a nice day!

Pros

The most user friendly software through social media network I ever used.

Cons

There are many Gifs and I least used them.

Irene from JJ McAteer

Board Meeting Portals easy and efficient

Paperless solution to Board Meetings. We have converted 8 Boards to Diligent with a seemless transition. Training is excellent and new products are always offered and existing features are updated. Diligent listens to end users for suggestions and better solutions and incorporates what they can.

Pros

Easy to load documents, user friendly for all Boards, great storage for secure historical meeting material and governance documents.

Cons

Cannot load short videos for viewing at Board Meetings. Cannot move items from board meetings to resource centre.

Response from Diligent

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the 5-star review and sharing your feedback with us, Irene! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with Diligent Boards. We will be sharing your feedback among our team. Thank you!

Margaret from ECH Inc

Industry: Individual & Family Services

What Diligent Does Best

Overall, the whole experience of implementing and using Diligent Board has been seamless and has created so much time-saving in my role for the number of meetings I control. And I can't speak highly enough about the Customer Support Team - they are amazing! So knowledgeable and so patient. They are the Gold Standard in Customer Support.

Pros

The most impactful feature of this software is the ability to deliver board documents securely as well as the ease with which documents can be updated or replaced right up until meeting time. The Resource Centre is a terrific feature that has been embraced by the Board and Executive team as the repository for all those past presentations and reports that still need to be referred to.

Cons

As we are a not-for-profit organisation and not a listed company, we don't use all the features but there is no aspect of the software that we don't like

Jaime from PEBA

Still needs some work

Great. The customer service is fantastic. Top notch. Best I've ever seen. Super friendly, super knowledgeable, and super quick with getting back to any phone call or email. Like I need the answer NOW, and they provide the answer NOW.

Pros

I love that everything can be in one place. We deal with many different boards and committees, so it's nice to be able to have all of the information in one location

Cons

I use the web version. It still needs work. I want to be able to have more control over how my completed book looks. I want to be able to upload different logos for different boards. I want to format the agenda builder so it looks nicer. etc.

More functionality.

Rosslyn from Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited

Life is too short for paper packs

An excellent experience with both the product and the support received over the years. Also have great breakfast meetings which are informative and useful and provide the opportunity to discuss with others

Pros

Production and distribution of packs is easy, efficient and timely. I had a dream...or should i say nightmare the other day that i moved jobs and had to produce paper packs!! I woke up in a cold sweat!

Cons

Nothing - its a great all round product with many additional modules which can be added as your business sees fit

We had to as BoardPad was replaced by Diligent

Response from Diligent

Replied August 2020

Hi Rosslyn, Thank you for your review. We would love to share your story with the Diligent community. Please feel free to reach out to Customer Marketing at customermarketing@diligent.com!

Christine from Victoria Univeristy

Review of Diligent Boards

The overall experience is very good and the customer service is excellent - the team are always ready to assist with any issues.

Pros

Cons

The Resource Centre needs some more development it is a little clunky at the moment.

Reasons for Switching to Diligent Boards

The Company was purchased by Diligent.

Chidi from Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC

My Diligent Story

Exceptional

Pros

It proved extremely invaluable during the recent Covid-19 Pandemic. Despite being in different Geographical locations, we were able to hold meetings and share files seamlessly. Thus the ability to access and share information securely and seamlessly is one of the greatest attributes of the product

Cons

As an Administrator, My inability to help users who are on my site to change or reset their passwords simply because they are overlapped with other boards, was a challenge. Since my company pays their annual license, as an Administrator, I should be able to help those user who are overlapped with other Boards as well.

Reasons for Choosing Diligent Boards

The quality of the product and presentation by the team at the time [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was wonderful

Ellie from NHS East Berkshire CCG

Diligent Board Solutions

The Account management is Great. there is always someone on hand to deal with any small issues we have immediately.

Pros

Diligent is easy to use, our Board members have been using this for over 2 years now and find it as easy to use as the Administrators. It looks sleek when you log into both the admin portal or the iPad and is intuitive to use.

Cons

Integration to our existing business was simple because we had already been using Boardpad. When you have a comparison to using something else, it can sometimes be difficult to accept that not all the previous functionality exists.

we had to as Boardpad was bought out by Diligent

Response from Diligent

Replied August 2020

Hi Ellie, thank you so much for sharing this review, we really appreciate it. It's great to hear your board members and administrative users find Diligent Boards so easy to use!

Mauro from SLP Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Easy tu use and faster to type in

I can easily communicate via text with anyone on FB (and almost my entire generation is on FB). I can share files either from my computer or from my phone. It's conveniently placed on my desktop ready to be used promptly. Overall, it's a rally fast and reliable communication tool

Pros

I can use it in my desktop and type in it much faster and accurately than I would type on my phone. But I can also share (upload) files between my phone's storage and my computer.

Cons

So far it can only be used to make calls and video through a mobile device. I wish in future upgrades these features can be aded to the desktop version. The preview column on the desktop version should be responsive. When you have shares pic with a contact, the width of the column takes too much space.

Martins from Nigerian Air Force

Industry: Military

Great App

Pros

Messenger is very good. One thing I like the most is that I can use it to perform my banking transaction. That alone even makes me give the app a 5 star. Communicate with ease and no hassle.

Cons

One thing I don't like about the app is that most times, i have to log in before I can access my messages. I hope this bug would be fixed as soon as possible.

Marieliz from Orange County Public Schools

User Friendly

my entire experience has been great. I was trained by someone from Diligent Boards and have since been a fan. It means a lot when a company takes the time to have one of their experts train people.

Pros

Love how easy it is to use and train on.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the search feature. There's no specific order to it and makes it difficult to find what you're searching.

Ronan from Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC

Diligent Boards feedback request

Pros

Integration to local business was seamless and roll out to individual licencees is very easy, making life earlier for me in my role as Company Secretary.

Cons

More of a customer service point but think it work better if licencees received their log-in credentials ahead of the intitial training you provide. Some of our users have Diligent knowledge from previous roles and are requesting the training as a refresher but because of delays in organising training (predominently driven by diary constraints of our senior managers) they can in practice be unable to access Diligent for an upcoming board due to them not having had their training by that point.

Jake from Transtel

Use daily, works great mostly!

Overall the software is very good. I will continue to use it dailtly.

Pros

I use it daily. It helps me to stay in contact with many people both business and personal. It's very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches out. Sometimes it also will show that I have notifications and when I go to click in there will be none.