All VoIP.ms Reviews

Tim

1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

great voip service - aimed at technical consumers more than 'end users' to some extent

Randal

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Voip.ms is a feature-rich, inexpensive VOIP solution

I've saved myself, my clients, friends, and family dozens of dollars a month and hundreds of dollars a year by switching them to voip.ms over traditional telephone service. In the case of small businesses, at less than $200 capital cost and $10 per month, we've been able to provide full-featured auto attendant answering with custom recordings for hours of operation, routing to phones in various departments based on customer's responses, call hunting for managers/owners to their IP desk phone and then their mobile phone, blocking of unwanted numbers, voicemail forwarding to e-mail, and other future capabilities.

PROS

Like me, you'll be amazed at the range of features you get for the vastly reduced price when comparing the service to that of a traditional telephone service. Once you learn the admin interface of voip.ms, you'll find it simple to set up an auto attendant for routing calls within your business. You'll love the ability to forward a voice mail message to your e-mail address, with the message attached as an mp3 file. Many more options for call routing are offered, such as hunting.

CONS

While the admin interface is not cluttered or broken up into multiple sites, the intuitive visual flow could be improved. It took me 5-6 times of using it to remember where to drill down for a voicemail setting or configuration of an account for a secondary ATA or IP phone.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

Now that homes and businesses have more than adequate Internet service provided by the traditional telephone service companies like TELUS, there's no need to be paying for telephone service at $30-$40 per line/DID per month on top of the Internet charge. With the cost of just one ATA (Analog Terminal Adapter) at $40-$100, one can switch over to voip.ms thereby dropping the monthly telephone bill to less than a few bucks.

Hello Randal, We are delighted you had a great experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. We truly hope to continue serving you for many more years.

Replied February 2023

Chad

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Best service for the money. They had a Ddos attack but they kept customers informed.

Overall, I would use them again if given the opportunity.

PROS

Great customer service. Chat and phone available when needed. Always able to resolve situations quickly, even if it's difficult to our specific solution.

CONS

It's very setup-driven. You need to know exactly how you want your system set up. I don't know of another way to make it simpler but setup is somewhat tedious.

Pricepoint and reliability.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

Cheaper solution. Able to do digital rather than SIP lines. More reliable and customizable.

Hello, Chad, Your satisfaction is our greatest achievement. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Peterson

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Review of Voip.MS

PROS

It used to be price. That has changed due to inaccurate pricing.

CONS

Pricing is very inaccurate. Almost fraudulent.

Hello, Peterson, We highly value your feedback and would love to know more about the pricing issue mentioned. If you're open to it, We would love to hear more at marketing@voip.ms so we can understand the issue.

Evgeny

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Bad Customer Service Experience with VOIP.MS

We have been using VOIP.MS for over 5 years. The last 12 months were the most terrible: service was intermittent, customers complained about missed calls, delays when connecting calls, text messaging forwarding to mobile devices was not working correctly. All of this was peaches comparing to the last two weeks when we decided to cancel. Contacted via email to cancel the account and remove all VOIP numbers since we won't be porting; they replied that I need to remove the numbers myself (a few hundred numbers) while I am still being charged for the renewal VOIP numbers. I insisted that they could remove them themselves; they said that I needed to put more funds into the account before they could do it. The bill went in negative because we had a few dollars only when we asked to cancel the account. We put the fund on the budget, but it has been two weeks, and nobody ever got back to us. Contact support again. They said that our ticket was closed. If your options or budget to go with another provider, you may consider other options. VOIP.MS is cheap, and you get what you pay for.

PROS

Cheap rates, a large number of Canadian numbers available

CONS

Complicated or outdated UI, zero help from customer support, intermittent service, delays before connecting calls

Price

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

Cheaper options and more Canadian numbers

Greetings Evgeny, we're very sorry to know your experience with us, at least for these recent times, has not been the optimal, please send an email to support@voip.ms with subject Capterra Review so we can check your case and see possible alternatives to assist you, thank you very much!

Replied November 2021

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Voip.MS

PROS

We have found Voip.MS to be an exceptional service provider, catering comprehensively to all of our VoIP requirements within our corporate environment. Their platform has consistently proven to be both reliable and efficient, thereby enhancing our communication processes.

CONS

We experienced a prolonged service interruption spanning multiple days. This unforeseen downtime had significant repercussions, impacting our operations and causing considerable inconvenience.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

We have identified opportunities for significant fiscal efficiencies, thus leading to notable cost savings for our organization.

Hello, Chris, Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Brian

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

VOIP.MS is inidispensable

The more I use it, the more I like it.

PROS

My phone is available anywhere in the world, wherever I have an Internet connection,

CONS

The voice mail speech to text to e-mail breaks short messages into several e-mails.

Reason for choosing VoIP.ms

The pricing and billing approach means I only pay for what I use.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

I was fed up with bad service and high prices.

Hello, Brian, We're so grateful for your kind words! It's fantastic to know that our VoIP service has been a great fit for you.

Replied December 2023

Wireless, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Low cost and very performant solution

It was easy to integrate older and new devices into the system with no real issues or support.

PROS

One of the best features of VoIP.ms are the well documented and explanatory Wiki pages allowing to start from scratch new projects with very little support.

CONS

When navigating the website, it seems that you need to re-enter your user credentials quite often. May be this is needed for security issues to protect hacking.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

Was not easy to talk with someone to solve issues.

Hello, Paul, Thanks for your honest review! Your satisfaction is our goal.

Steven

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

My company couldn't survive without Voip.ms

Overall excellent experience. We started with Voip.ms when I needed to redirect calls to multiple devices when an employee was off. The local phone company could not offer this service.

PROS

That incoming calls can ring on multiple devices simultaneously

CONS

Initially because of our location in a non-mainstream country Voip would not accept card of PayPal prepayment from me, only direct bank deposit, but this has now been resolved.

Reason for choosing VoIP.ms

The Voip.ms tech appears to be better suited to ringing on multiple devices.

Mike

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Great Company, Great Service

PROS

It's very easy to use & the pricing is unbeatable.

CONS

Nothing so far. In the several years I've been with VoIP.ms, we've never had any major issues & the rare issue that does crop up is taken care of pretty much immediately.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

After speaking with someone at VoIP.ms on the phone, it was obvious they care about their customers and are dedicated to providing the best service possible.

Hello, Mike, thanks for choosing our service and for the positive feedback.

Replied October 2023

Razmig

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

A very reliable, highly customizable VOIP service

It meets and exceeds my expectations

PROS

The high quality of voice at a very affordable price. I can add only the services I need and their set-up is simple and very well explained

CONS

A lack of what features should be taken into consideration when setting up

Calls were arbitrarily cut-off after interval of 15 or 30 minutes

Hello, Razmig, Your satisfaction is our success. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Clinton

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Highly recommended

I highly reccomend this service to everyone.

PROS

Great service, great support, and great pricing.

CONS

I have no real complaints about voip.ms - support was once harder to reach, but they have improved this to what amounts to basically instant support.

Hello, Clinton, it's always a pleasure to hear from happy customers like you. Thank you for your review!

Addison

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Great all in one VOIP product & host

Excellent, great ROI.

PROS

The crystal-clear call quality and seamless connectivity have truly transformed my communication. Their user-friendly interface and reliable service make staying connected a breeze. Highly recommended for anyone seeking top-notch VoIP services!

CONS

Time to port, not at the fault of VOIP.ms but my carrier I was porting from.

Reason for choosing VoIP.ms

Price was perfect and undercuts the competition with more features, couldn't ask for more.

Hello, Addison, Thank you for the fantastic review! Our team is delighted to hear such positive feedback.

Kim

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

If you're IT inclined, voip.ms is the best there is!

Al l in all, it's packed with features ranging from group-ring (having multiple phones ring at the same time) to full Virtual Receptionist (on-hold music included!). It supports soft-phones (I use jitsi), IP phones (I have Cisco phones), Cell phones, Landlines (you can add "standard" phone numbers to ring-groups for instance), and PBX (I do not use this feature, but it's there). They offer support but I do no recall using it. The system just works. Documentation is clear and precise (they offer guides to configure pretty much everything you can think of).

PROS

Not only did it fit my needs about 10 years ago when I began using the service, but they keep improving it, adding features months after months. I just started using the call recording feature this month! IVR works like a charm; managing recordings is straight forward as well.

CONS

It can be intimidating to setup at first. I personally don't mind, but I wouldn't recommend it to the average grand-mother.

Reason for choosing VoIP.ms

Price first. It was about 1/20 of the alternative I used. Features got me totally hooked!

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

It was not only cheaper, but there was SO much more features!

Fawad

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Voip.ms is awesome

We switched from an on premise to a PBX to voip.ms. It was an extremely easy transition. The moving of our DIDs, setting up our extensions, linking them to our phones, it was all very easy. Configuring the IVR, adding the voice prompts. All very easy. Support is awesome.

PROS

I have been using voip.ms for years, both at the office and at home. We have had no issues, and their support has been really good. They have been very responsive, and gave the extra support that was needed to troubleshoot any issues.

CONS

My only issue is that with the account setup, extensions are defaulted to account_extension, which is annoying but I understand it from a technical perspective.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

Asterisk was old, and regular phone lines are expensive for our usage.

Hi Fawad, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer, we appreciate your honest feedback.

Replied May 2020

Consumer Services, 1 employee

I Recommend VOIP.MS many times a week

I changed from a different provider because of cost. It soon became obvious that I had also been missing many features which have enhanced my usage of the system. I manage websites and sell website hosting for customers and have encouraged them all to consider Voip.MS. Many now have either local or toll-free numbers with the service. Even though toll-free numbers are not required these days, they tend to show a company in a better light and look more professional. Oftentimes these toll-free numbers are chosen to spell the website, company name or function. Recent examples they used were 1-8xx-KONA-FARM for a farm which gives farm tours. I have need to open a couple of tickets and their response was quick and accurate.

PROS

Voip.MS has many free features which telephone companies charge for. The software is easy to configure and fairly intuitive. The usefulness and cost savings are one of the largest drawing point.

CONS

There are only a couple of issues I have had. One is the ability to internally call a ring group, and their time conditions are not based upon my own time zone. These are very minor issues and not deal breakers for me and I have opened Feature Requests for them.

Reason for choosing VoIP.ms

Callcentric had some options which Voip.MS didn't such as some free inbound numbers in New York and a free fax service. This allowed me to receive free faxes on a DID number. The free DIDs eventually went away. About that time, Voip.MS added a fax service.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

The 808 company was purchased by the local landline company so they (my opinion) could shut down the competition and offer their own more expensive service. I also started using FreePBX and IncrediblePBX which run on unis servers. I was using a Raspberry Pi ($35) and although it worked for me, I tired of trying to keep things running. I opted for an Internet service which would do that for me.

Hi Mark, thanks for being a VoIP.ms customer and for your honest review!

Replied April 2020

Erik

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Very Good service

been with them over 10 years, and its been overall pretty good- it is glitchy at times and a bit more hands on than say Twilio- where I have not had any issues with connectivity.

PROS

Easy to set up IVREasy to buy DiDsGood pricing on new Dids and month to month feesHappy with them but I do have pretty low volume calls with them and the numbers I have with them are not "mission critical" -support can be outstanding to sub marginal, depending on who you get. -have made many improvements over the last year-pricing where voip should be for a small business. -has TLS encryption where most voip providers don't

CONS

-texting (SMS/MMS) could be better setup and out of beta, as it is 2023 already, come on guys really. -they should really have a app they made that can manage and that users can call and text with. -slow to roll out improvements-could have better higher quality codecs-could have STUN servers to use. -a multi week DoS that they handled very badly couple yrs ago-still not 100% about the back-end of the company- would not use for a business doing over a $1m in -revenue a yr unless you had a backup provider. -not innovative like Twilio, you are not going to find any integration with AWS and polly or advanced things like this.

Reason for choosing VoIP.ms

easy to implement and get Canadian DiD's.

Reasons for switching to VoIP.ms

callcentric was down and they were unreliable.

Hello, Erik, We're thrilled to be your go-to VoIP service provider. Thank you for the glowing review!

Faizel