All brightwheel Reviews

love this platform

Emily

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Perfect for communication, logging activities, and billing

Being able to message parents back and forth is so nice now that our staff doesn't have to use their personal phone to text. With COVID rising and possible winter weather arriving soon, the fact that we can send out an alert if we need to close is crucial! It sends a text message as well as the message in the app. Also, they are constantly adding new features and making updates using feedback from users. They are always friendly and helpful!

PROS

I love that it keeps us (mostly) paperless! All activity is logged so we have no need for paper daily sheets. We can easily message our parents individually AND send out messages to the whole school.

CONS

The billing feature isn't quite where we need it do be, but they have already fixed it and we are just waiting to be updated to the new platform.

Reasons for switching to brightwheel

We wanted to be able to use it for checking kids in/out, messaging, and recording activities.

Gabrielle

Reviewed May 2024

Brightwheel is easy to use

Overall Brightwheel is a great program!

PROS

Brightwheel is easy to use and understand from both a parent perspective and a admin.

CONS

Could use some more behind the scenes features when it comes to billing and licensing requirements.

Reason for choosing brightwheel

Overall cost and customer service led us to choose Brightwheel over the competition.

Jessica

Retail, 2-10 employees

Brightwheel is reassuring!

I love brightwheel. I was easily able to comminicate with my kids teacher and see them doing day to day tasks and activities. I knew what was for lunch and snack.

PROS

I am able to see my kids progress and achievemnts I know when upcoming events are going to happen I am able to cherish and treasure precious photos of my kids and see them be themselves without mommy

CONS

I am not able to see online when internet is down

Karen

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Brightwheel Review

We switched to Brightwheel as our previous software was no longer being supported. We liked moving to a cloud based product and the flexibility that gave our administrators and parents. We enjoy the ability for parents to see their billing and the ability to pay through the app. Customer support for the transition and set up was very good. Since launch, customer support is responsive (not always timely, since we are not in the same time zone as many of the customer support team) and they listen to our needs. There have been great changes in the short time we have been using the software. We are looking forward to the remainder of our concerns being addressed as we move forward. I would recommend this software over other cloud based software programs we looked at, but the consumer should be aware of the limitations of the software from a back office stand point.

PROS

What we like best is this is a cloud based software. The parent portal allowing parents better access to their child's day and classroom progress as been extremely well received by our parents. We like the check-in feature which allows us to know at any time how many children are in the facility. The ability for the teachers to post notes / pictures for parents allows the parents real time updates instead of waiting till the end of the day to receive a hand written note that is stuffed in the child's belongings and forgotten.

CONS

The back office side of the software is lacking. The reporting capabilities of the software is very limited. For example, we are unable to run an accounts receivable report by family. We can run by child, but you have to run multiple reports for families with more than one child in the program. The software does not currently allow for prepayments or credits on account. Also, on the program side, no ability to run facility or even classroom wide reports - for example a parent directory for all classrooms; allergy report by classroom. All reporting (financial and program) is child driven without the option of classroom or facility driven. This makes extra back office work for our staff - for example creating an allergy list or parent directory in excel to share with teachers. Or tracking receivables in other software, creating double accounting needs.

Kelli Jo

Best Childcare Program!

Excellent! I wouldn't switch from this program! Families and staff also are very pleased.

PROS

The process of adding a child is easy and quick. The daily reports allows the teachers to add a lot of information so the parents know what day their child has had. It creates trust.

CONS

I do not have any cons at the moment. :)

Reasons for switching to brightwheel

There was no messaging. I had to share my personal number with families.

Melissa

Reviewed July 2024

Great app for parents.

I used it daily and I was never disappointed.

PROS

It gave me the ability to have open communication with my children's and teachers.

CONS

Nothing! There is nothing that I thought needed to be improved.

Sade

1 employee

Bright wheel App

PROS

Keeping parents informed on students activities and progress throughout the day.

CONS

The least thing is the payment plans that are available.

Denice

Easy to use 10 stars

PROS

One place that has all you needs. Great customer service and I love the workshops.

CONS

I wish they had a parent volunteer area.

ERandy

Yay!! Love It

PROS

How to send pictures and add parents and see all the kiddos

CONS

Was to expensive and was hard to use to many apps

shubham

Education Management, 1 employee

like this product

Administrative Management Classroom Management Health and Safety Mobile Accessibility it was all good

PROS

Brightwheel is an software platform designed to streamline operations for early childhood education programs. It offers tools for managing administrative tasks, communication with parents, and classroom activities

CONS

subscription fees is the thing which may be least liked sometime

Kaley

Reviewed November 2021

LOVE Brightwheel!

LOVE this app! Our teachers use this all day and I use it throughout the day as well. Families love being able to talk to the classroom teachers and stay up-to-date with what their child is doing each day.

PROS

Being able to message parents, send pictures, send updates and stay in contact with the families is the best part of the app. We love it as a school and the parents love it even more!

CONS

There can be some confusion when checking students in and out and using name-to-face but once you know the difference it becomes easy to use.

Reason for choosing brightwheel

Ease of use, cost, and all of the additional features. Love that it is a live app that parents can see everything.

Reasons for switching to brightwheel

Our company switched over to this platform and honestly it was for the best!

crystal

Reviewed March 2023

DaVinci Academy Belvidere

Brighthwheel has been amazing. Customer support is available whenever we need them and we don't have to be transferred to different departments to get answers!

PROS

Brighthweel has made my admin duties so much easier. Whether it is billing or onboarding it takes less time than our previous childcare managment.

CONS

We wish you had payroll options so we could fully get rid of our last product

Reason for choosing brightwheel

It was more user friendly

Reasons for switching to brightwheel

Procare is not user friendly and their parent engagment app did not work for what we needed it to do. Their customer support is horrible!

Andrea

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Brightwheel is great!

We use Brightwheel at our center to chart each child's daily activities; we easily attach pictures, meal information, and times of diapering, etc.

PROS

I love how easy Brightwheel is to use - the parents also enjoy the format that they receive information

CONS

If I had to choose one thing to improve on, it would be to add a "zoom" function when taking a picture from the app

Reason for choosing brightwheel

Brightwheel is streamlined and a no-fuss app for busy teachers and parents alike.

Reasons for switching to brightwheel

Brightwheel proved to be more user-friendly and more of a time-saver. There are quick drop-down options for users to go to, as opposed to writing everything out. When the focus has to always be on the children, any time-saving tool is appreciated.

Allison

Reviewed November 2018

Make the transition to paperless!

We do not otherwise incorporate tech into our business, we use Quickbooks and simple excels, Brighthweel has not had a crazy learning curve and its just a great product.

PROS

We use Brightwheel chiefly for its billing functionality and to meet State licensing requirements regarding records of attendance, ratios, sign in and out, etc. These are records you have to keep for years and the stacks of Bankers boxes were towering! Now we can upon request create and print any report, for instance our licensor could request sign in and out records from a certain classroom on a certain date--it can be provided way faster than digging through those old paper files. Name to face attendance can be achieved confidently with the picture bubbles for all your students--you can feel confident as an admin that all transitions and ratios are covered For billing it is clean and streamlined--you can create plans, parents can establish autopay, they have constant access to their receipts and invoices, end of the year statements, your EIN, etc. It is a win win for both us as bookkeepers and for our parent clients. The interface is very clean--sign up is a breeze for new children and it would be very challenging to get confused on the parent screen. Brighthwheel saves us time AND paper.

CONS

Here is the thing--Brightwheel is constantly developing. So if you were to have a con you can feel assured your feedback will be heard. We have been with them nearing 3 years and have watched so many features get added on and updates made. They take customer feedback seriously and want to understand the industry's needs--we have had conference calls with developers and participated in a lot of dialogue about what we need and what works well.

Adrienne

Reviewed August 2022

I was hesitant but so glad I tried this. Never going back!

The onboarding for this software was better than any other company I have worked with. They were not going to take my money and leave me alone. They "forced" me to learn how to use it and that is really important. I would have kept pushing it off "until next week" and never done it. I have 2 children that are computer scientists for a top tier company and they are both impressed with it. That says a lot!!

PROS

The customer support has been spectacular. I am a small school and don't pay much but I'm always treated like I could be their biggest client. I get a quick response when I have a question and they are always polite and professional. This has made my job so much easier on a daily basis. The billing would be my second favorite aspect. So much less check handling, deposits, chasing down parents that owe money, etc. The overall professional appearance this software gives my school. Okay, the grandparents don't always love it but everyone else does. :)

CONS

There are a few things that changed with the billing that I don't like as much. I liked going to the overview page and seeing recent transactions without having to click on other links. Also, ALL of my children are billed the first of the month, billing ends May 1, notice goes out 3 days prior to bill being due. There should be a way to "lock" these features and change them only when needed. I have to go on and click these for EVERY child. I would like to see more of what a parent sees. For instance: what does a parent see when a payment is past due? Do they see something daily when they check in? How often are they reminded? It's probably hard to do but I would love to have a feature that had a time stamped late fee for late pick up. Example: children have to be picked up at 12:30. At 12:35 they are billed a certain amount, at 12:45 another amount, etc. I would LOVE to be able to set a "don't check in yet" warning. Example: Check in is at 8:30. If they try to check in at 8:27 something flashes "oops, 3 more minutes. Proceeding will charge you for early drop." I can't always stop them. This is a big problem at my center and probably many of the smaller centers. The ability to print a more detailed breakdown of deposits. Every 2 weeks the treasurer prints out the deposit report and I have to break it down by: tuition, registration, book fees, etc. Every fee is broken down when it is charged. It would be nice if that showed up.

Reason for choosing brightwheel

The employees at the company. The same person would call and email me. If another person was going to call me, the first person would tell me that and give me his/her name. It gave me the feeling that this was a personal company that actually cared to help me- they didn't just want my money. Please don't change this as you grow.

Shivam

Computer Networking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

Streamline Your School's Operations with Brightwheel: The All-in-One Childcare Management Solution.

"brightwheel" is designed to be an all-in-one solution for childcare management, helping schools and childcare providers to streamline their operations and administrative tasks. Some of the business problems that "brightwheel" aims to solve include:1.Manual Administrative Tasks: "brightwheel" can help to automate and streamline many administrative tasks, such as attendance tracking, billing and invoicing, and daily reporting.2.Limited Parent Engagement: "brightwheel" offers a Parent/Student Portal that can help to increase parent engagement by providing real-time updates on their child's activities, progress, and daily routines.3.Financial Management: "brightwheel" offers a range of financial management features, such as invoicing and payment processing, that can help schools and childcare providers to manage their finances more efficiently and effectively.4.Communication Challenges: "brightwheel" can help to address communication challenges by providing a platform for administrators, teachers, and parents to communicate more effectively and easily.

PROS

The most impactful features of "brightwheel" may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of a school or childcare provider. However, some of the most commonly cited impactful features include the parent/student portal, financial management, daily reports, communication management, and attendance tracking.As for ease of use, "brightwheel" is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. The platform features a simple and clean interface that is easy to navigate, and many of the features are designed to be self-explanatory. Additionally, "brightwheel" offers training and support resources, including a Help Centre and live customer support, to help users get the most out of the platform.Regarding integration with existing business systems, "brightwheel" is designed to integrate seamlessly with other systems and platforms. The platform offers a range of integrations with other software solutions, including accounting software, payment processors, and learning management systems, allowing schools and childcare providers to streamline their operations and data management. Additionally, "brightwheel" offers an API that enables developers to build custom integrations with other software solutions.

CONS

Some users have noted that while "brightwheel" is generally easy to use, there may be a learning curve for some features or settings. For example, setting up the financial management feature may take some time and effort to configure properly. Additionally, some users have suggested that the platform could benefit from additional customization options, such as the ability to customise reports and forms.Regarding integration with existing business processes, some users have reported that integrating "brightwheel" with other systems or software solutions can be challenging or require additional development resources. However, "brightwheel" offers a range of integrations and an API, which can help streamline the integration process.Overall, while "brightwheel" is generally well-regarded by users and reviewers, there may be some areas for improvement or additional features that could be added to further enhance the platform's functionality and usability.

Reason for choosing brightwheel

"Brightwheel" is an all-in-one childcare management platform that offers a range of features and tools, such as attendance tracking, parent communication, financial management, and daily reports. Some of the main competitors to "brightwheel" include Tadpoles, KidReports, and HiMama, among others.While these platforms share some similarities with "Brightwheel" in terms of their features and functionality, each platform has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. For example, Tadpoles is known for its easy-to-use interface and customization options, while HiMama offers robust reporting and data analysis features. KidReports is praised for its affordability and simplicity.Ultimately, the choice of which childcare management platform to use will depend on the specific needs and goals of the school or childcare provider. Factors such as the size of the organization, the specific features and functionality required, and the budget available may all influence the decision-making process. It's important to evaluate the features, pricing, and customer support offered by each platform before making a decision.

Rebecca