• icon"I like that there is constant user updates that make the program easier to use. I also like that tech support replies to inquiries very quickly."
  • icon"The Timesavr administrator is very helpful and quick to respond with any questions or concerns we may have."
  • icon"As a visual person I love seeing all my information clearly on the dashboard. I love how easy it is to make invoices and also adjust them."
  • icon"If were to suggest one aspect, it would be to alter the options for employee time-off. There are times we simply need a two hour block for an appointment."
  • icon"I wish that we could hit the back button when you accidentally hit the wrong tab or need to go back to the previous page."
  • icon"I follow the path that makes the most sense to me , and sometimes I have a hard time finding what I am looking for."

Browse all TimeSavr Reviews

• Have you used TimeSavr and would like to share your experience with others?

Tara

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Meets the needs of my childcare program!

Pros

I loved that it keeps track of child profiles, parent information, payments and attendance. It has been wonderful to use.

Cons

It was a little hard to get used to after using a different program, but it wasn't anything I couldn't get used to.

Cody

Timesavr- On the way to greatness!

Amazing ! Our group has grown with timesavr and is a backbone to our operations.

Pros

I love not just the functionality of the product but customer executive's story and organic growth and community connection. support is always available, features reflect the needs of us in Alberta and the software is easy to use as well as affordable.

Cons

The development has been amazing but would like to see further development in areas like a parent portal- allowing families to manage their own registrations and time away, auto-filling and registering open spaces in programs and payment options and tax receipt access, cutting out our need of staffing for these tasks. The addition of these features would put Timesavr on par with many of the bigger platforms. I see these best being marketed as add on options. As for the current software, there tends to be glitches from time to time but support is great.

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

Functionality vs cost, integration of staff and child options, Alberta specific functionality, reporting options, consistent growth, local.

Shannon

Update doesn't work as fast as the old program

After the last update I had to change all my tablets to be compatible with timesavr and I find that it is a lot slower now and that the invoices won't transfer to quickbooks and that only the one current invoice is printed at a time so families with multiple children don't have all children's fees listed on one invoice

Pros

The ability to sign kids in and out as well as staff and it keeps track of hours and that you can invoice from the program

Cons

That it is sometimes very slow to log children in and out and that the invoices don't transfer to quick books

Response from Kwiksol Corporation

Thanks for your review Shannon. Please note that the server does not slow down during peak times, but your local internet connection may if you're using a cable internet service such as Shaw cable since their technology forces an entire neighbourhood to share a single pipe which means your internet can slow down during peak times. DSL (such as Telus) technology does not suffer from this limitation. A recent update also included improvements to the new invoice page for families which means all charges are now included on the same invoice. I hope that addresses the concern you mention regarding invoices. Also, you should be able to import all transactions into QuickBooks as before. Please contact me directly if you're having problems with this feature by emailing me at support@timesavr.net. And new online registrations are automatically added to the "unconfirmed" list and can only be made active by the system administrator. Parents do not have the ability to do this.

Replied February 2017

Lindsey

Make your life easier

The biggest problem I have solved is time management. I have saved countless hours with this program each month.

Pros

The ease of use has been the biggest pro. It took minimal training for me to feel comfortable using this program. It meets so many needs I have for my day to day tasks. So many of the things that previously took hours of my work day are now done with the click of a button. I feel much more organized and I am able to access information so easily. I am able to confidently answer parent and staff questions that would have previously had to have been answered by our office administrator.

Cons

Certain features are a bit tricky to find. I follow the path that makes the most sense to me , and sometimes I have a hard time finding what I am looking for. Once I figure it out, though, I have no problem finding it next time.

Reasons for switching to TimeSavr

TimeSavr was recommended to us by many colleagues in the childcare field.

Margaret

Great features, Great price

TimeSavr has been a great choice for our school. Customer executive is very helpful with any questions and offers great support. We have even sent a wish list for features we would like to see in the future!

Pros

I was searching for a childcare management solution for our school. We have two locations and offer programming for students ranging in age from 2 1/2 years to Grade 8. Timesavr offered all the features that we needed. We could add in as many program options as needed and handle the invoices and collection of tuition from our families.

Cons

The registration form for families does not have the flexibility to add questions in the order we would like to put them.

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

As we are located in Canada, Sandbox only offered a credit card option to our families for tuition.

Erik

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Timesavr Review for Out of School Care Program

Because I have Timesavr, I was able to receive several registrations online through my website. This helps to put income in my pocket. I like that it is streamlining my billing and attendance calculations, before this used to take me about 2 days.

Pros

I liked that the pricing was reasonable and affordable for my small start up. I also like that you can customize many features and that it makes billing easy (such as automated billing, and subsidy calculations), by allowing me to store and record information in one safe spot.

Cons

As with any childcare software, there is a learning curve. It is the same with this product as well, the team is very supportive and is always ready to answer your questions.

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

This product did not have a nasty startup cost, it also is more affordable and offers functionality that is consistent with the way daycares operate in Alberta.

Reasons for switching to TimeSavr

I wanted to make my website look more professional, having the ability to register online does that for me. I also want to speed up my billing and keep better track of my taxable income for parents.

Bradi

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

TimeSavr Review

Overall my experience has been great. The customer service is quick and clear.

Pros

This program has saved me hours on payroll and greatly reduced errors.

Cons

It semi-regularly gets bogged down. Entering data becomes very slow. I have to log out then back in to regain functionality.

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

TimeSavr is user friendly and comprehensive in its features.

Durray

Timesavr

Customer executive is really quick to give help and support when I ask for it. He takes our thoughts and suggestions into account and makes changes.

Pros

Having everything I need in one place, I can Switch programs easily. I can access it anywhere.

Cons

Each program is separate so I can't transfer children and educators between programs.

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

We could run invoices, have all the family information in one place

Reasons for switching to TimeSavr

Timesavr was a better overall system for our needs.

Marine

The best software available for childcare management

Gives us exactly the reports and tracking we need.

Pros

Ease of use, quick response and service.

Cons

Certain customizations missing - would like to be able to better plan our daily class lists.

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

Best value, actually built for childcare centers

Great software for Childcare facilities

Pros

Easy to use, great for reports, makes subsidy claims much easier, as well as tracking employee time. So much to help the functionality of a childcare centre. Customer service is readily available.

Cons

Would be great if it could provide a platform to write stories for children that parents can see and comment

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

Price and location of customer service

Susan

Timesavr is SO easy to use for parents and staff

This is a great program for keeping track of who is where. I only sign in and out and sign and move the group from location to location. The program is easy to use, clear to understand and visually pleasing. I have two minor complaints. Since the last upgrade, the screen is now positioned so that the bottom of the list of children is off-screen. When we scroll down to click on a child's name, our room box is off-screen at the top. This causes some frustration and false information sometimes as the name is dropped back onto the list rather than dropped into the room box. It would be an excellent addition to the program if we could select more than one name at a time so that we could move a group of children from one box to another. Other than that it's a beautiful program for the in class educators and parents!

Pros

Ease of use. Color and design.

Cons

The lists that are off screen are frustrating and cause some errors.

Response from Kwiksol Corporation

Thank you for your review Susan. Based on the description of the issue you're having I believe you're talking about the drag and drop functionality on the ratios page. Please note that the primary purpose for the ratios page is to calculate your ratios in real time and to warn you if they are not being met, however you can also use drag and drop to move children and staff into and out of rooms on this page. That functionality is typically performed on the child attendance page and the staff time sheet respectively as those pages are specifically designed for that purpose you won't experience those issues there. Please email me at support@timesavr.net if you have any questions regarding this or any further feedback.

Replied January 2018

Dana

Our TimeSavr Experience

Overall - it is an excellent program and I am very pleased I selected over all other options.

Pros

This is a very efficient and organized system that brings great ease for my employees to log their time as well as for myself to manage monthly reporting and payroll. It is also great asset to manage our clients/files with their associated reports, especially for government reporting and accountability. I also appreciate that customer executive is continually reviewing the platform (and local regulations) and making updates and adjustements to manage with our industry's ever changing needs. As well, if there is an issue, customer executive is exceedly prompt and professional in repsonse.

Cons

There are no 'least' about the program. A person could always criticize, however as the program is continually reviewed and updated, this is very pleasing. If were to suggest one aspect, it would be to alter the options for employee time-off. There are times we simply need a two hour block for an appointment. Having said that, I closely monitor those request and make manual adjustments. Other than that, if we could have the options of being categorized as early education instead of daycare, that would be a better fit our business model (but it is used internally so not a big deal).

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

First, I support local - I really appeciate this component. Second, the product offered components that best meets our needs.

Jenn

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product!

The product has been a god send for me. I worked in daycares where we used it and then when I started my dayhome, I knew this would be my “go-to” for most of my record keeping. It saves a lot of time by generating invoices and recording all the financials for me. I wish it did more such as submitting Children’s daily activities as that would help eliminate from having to use other programs to do so altogether. This product would have more potential to be a “one stop shop” if it could do more pertaining to recording children’s activities.

Pros

- ability to generate tax invoices - fairly easy to set up families etc. - price is adequate - sends reminders for the things

Cons

- glitches sometimes or lags - at times it doesn’t save information (eg. Sign in or out) BUT if’s it happens, it will remind you to sign in or out when you log in next so it’s not too much of a hassle

Reasons for choosing TimeSavr

Price point, familiarity and ease of use

Mikaël

Solution parfaite de gestion de garderies

Nous utilisons TimeSavr depuis presque 3 ans, et nous sommes parfaitement satisfaits du logiciel - nous sauvons énormément de temps pour la gestion des dossiers, la comptabilité et les présences! Plus complet que les autres logiciels disponibles (et nous en avons essayé plusieurs...).

Pros

Nous gérons des centres à distance au sein d'un bureau central, et nous adorons le fait que le tout soit en ligne, et que nos éducatrices aient accès à l'interface pour entrer les présences à distance. Le système des factures et paiements est très efficace, et la possibilité de prélever automatiquement les familles avec EFT Canada est un atout non négligeable. Highly recommended!

Cons

Ca serait bien de pouvoir personnaliser certains documents comme les factures par exemple, pour les faire correspondre à notre branding, plutôt que celui de TimeSavr. Des fois il y a quelques bogues dans l'interface, dans les listes déroulantes ou dans la saisie de données dans certains champs, mais c'est pas très grave. Mis à part ces petites choses, nous n'arrivons pas à penser à quelque chose qui nous déplaise!

Katelyn

Timesavr review

Please bring back when the child's birthday is with balloons on the day of so we are aware Have timesavr by the minute not by 15 minute interval When you click out (all) it doesn't work anymore so you have to click out one by one Emails having all the emails under reports again where you can click all and send a mass email to all people instead of having to go through and copy each email one by one

Cons

Response from Kwiksol Corporation

HI Katelyn. Thanks for your review. Please note that the birthday balloons are still there, but there is a setting to disable it. Please check your settings to make sure it is enabled. It can also be restricted by security profiles, so if you're not logged in as administrator you may not see it depending on your security profile. Time rounding is also a setting which you can control, so you can choose 1 minute if you prefer. Please check your settings. The sign in/out all buttons should be working. Please contact me at support@timesavr.net if you're having problems with this feature. The email feature is also still there but it has been moved out of reports, into the families menu. Please check the top of your families menu, and let me know if you're still having problems. Thank you!

Replied July 2017

Rae

Amazing daycare management software!

I've been using this online system for years, it has every feature I need to successfully run my daycare, preschool and schoolage program. You can do everything with it- sign in staff and children; keep track of administrative records, including notification when one is about to expire; any and all reports you need in regards to children, staff, families and fees. While you can export into Quickbooks from it, you could also just invoice directly out of the Timesavr program. My favourite feature is the online registration- it generates a link that I have on my website (or that I can email) which puts all of the information directly into the system...I just confirm the enrolment and it's good to go! If I have a question, I just email or call and get assistance immediately. This program truly lives up to its name!

Pros

Everything is in one place and it was created for daycares and our unique needs!

Tracy