• Pros

• "Easy to use. Very versatile. The support is incredible, excellent!"

• "Easy to use, good technical help, price is great, easy to learn. Not too long of a wait time to get help"

• "Easy to work with and understand! I have used other software products and this is much easier. I like the group keepers section."

• Cons

• "I would like a little bit more ability to customize reports, but there is a wide range of reports to choose from!"

• "It can be a little complicated in certain areas, but the frustration is minimal compared to how great the product is. "

• "At this point in using Servant Keeper, we have no complaints about the system but it would have been nice to have hands-on training."

Browse Servant Keeper Reviews

Sarah from First United Methodist Church

Recommendation for Servant Keeper 8, Cloud Version

SK allows us to have one database that all staff use to keep track of our members, potential members, friends. We track contacts with all in our database, add pictures, notes, visits, attendance. We have added Protect My Ministry to do background checks.

Pros

SK is extremely user friendly and intuitive. It provides a full range of capabilities from basic demographics, attendance, contribution processing and reporting to group e-mails, data sorting on nearly every field, "dashboard" information to get church info in a quick format and well trained, easily available customer support. SK converted 3 years worth of contribution information and all the demographic information from our old system and helped us configure to our needs with SK8 under the "white glove" experience. Training videos provided were excellent. On-going webinars and live training have also been well worth my time. We have all staff set up with the Mobile Ministry app so they can find e-mail, telephone or address while on the go.

Cons

I only had one issue that has been a problem, but SK corrected it in an update.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

SK is a recommended partner by the General Council on Finance & Administration (GCFA) of the United Methodist Church. After seeing this recommendation, I reviewed the software on-line, attended some webinars and talked with the sales rep for Wisconsin. She provided all of the information that I needed and a quote that covered the full conversion and on-going costs. The entire process of working with Servant Keeper has been positive.

Nicole from Christian Life Church

Servant Keeper The Choice in Church Software Innovative and Integrative; Relational Software

We have integrated our accounting and membership departments. We have had been able to communicate more effectively and efficiently with the congregation through the SK Notify tools. We are expanding our functionality by adding Event Brite, Check In and Cloud Directory. We anticipate simpler processes and more excellence with the addition of these tools. Having the ability to equip others to utilize the SK tools definitely supports stronger relationships which in turn supports less money for staffing due to the time saved through equipping others. SK continues to impress me with their ability to listen and hear their audience by remaining innovative with their software.

Pros

The synergy for how all the modules work together. The opportunity to add add on modules when ready both financially and with personnel. The Cloud version is outstanding and the addition of the apps. Time saving! Connectivity at its best! These additions bring the corporation, the leadership and the attendees into relationship because of the tools. Our organization has always appreciated the Support Desk. When i think of Servant Keeper SERVANT always a listening ear and continual support via phone, email or on site trainings. KEEPER committed to excellent support and excellent products.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve however the Webinars, Trainings, Tutorials, Support Desk make it possible for anyone to use SK.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

We selected SK due to user friendly the multiple selections of additional software modules available as well as having the Support Desk option.

Loretta from Glenside United Church of Christ

Help Desk

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] obviously knows his job. He was able to walk me through step by step and helped me achieve my goal

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very patient with me. I'm not really familiar with the software and it just made it seem so easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was AMAZING! I wish I could take him to work with me every week!

Cons

Without [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] talking me through my problem, I would not be able to complete my task.

Jill from Crossville FUMC

Servant Keeper

We needed an affordable cloud based church database to replace our old service based program. This was pretty good for the money. The app is good and reports are easy once you train and practice.

Pros

The app is very helpful. We are learning to customize reports easier. We like the cloud alternative. Event Bright integration is great.

Cons

Setting up the groups are a little clunky at first. White glove transfer wasn’t as seamless as promised. It doesn’t interface with our One Call Now system, so we are having to update two systems.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

Realm hadn’t been around long enough for our comfort.

William from First United Methodist Chrch of Des Plaines

Help Desk service

I had my second Help Desk conference today. Both times the service was superb. I thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for her great help and patience with me today to correct my problem which I created myself.

Pros

The ease in following the instructions and the manner in which one moves through the programs to accomplish the end result

Cons

I have no dislikes with this program. I think that the use of the "Enter" key more often than having to use the "Arrow" keys would be a time saver and make it easier to move through the entry system.

Phillip from Legacy Church, Inc

Servant Keeper Thoughts

My overall experience with Servant Keeper has been good. Even though some of the features are somewhat confusing to me, ultimately, in time, I am able to figure them out. So far it has been the most user friendly church management program I have tried. I Ch

Pros

Overall the software is relatively user friendly. Doesn't take long to get going. If you can attend an instructional seminar, that will get you going even faster and get a lot of questions answered. Giving entries are very intuitive and straight forward. Corrections to entries are a little more work.

Cons

Steps to Merging duplicate entries or files can be very confusing. Customizing entry fields in the membership is difficult. Always have to go back to the guides and/or instruction manual to recall the steps. I always have problems with the conditional statements in creating a group. Wish it was more simplified with practical examples or templates.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

PowerChurch Plus was too complex for our people to figure out.

Lisa from Bonaire United Methodist Churc

Love the program! Outstanding Service!

Pros

I have just started using this program, we completed the conversion today. To date, I have found this program to be extremely user friendly. I am anticipating this program to significantly reduce our redundancy in the office while providing critical information in a very timely manner.

Cons

No facility management/scheduling feature.

Carol from Crosswinds Church

Solution for Church Management Software

Overall, we are very happy with the transition. We are a small church. So, it is the most affordable solution that met most of the criteria we had for functionality.

Pros

While I am certified in Database Technology, I understand the need for software that's easy to use for the end-user. This product is intuitive, making it a snap for new users to get up and running with it.

Cons

Our previous software had an accounting module to handle more than just our contributions. We currently link Quick Books to our Servant Keeper to solve this problem. However, Quick Books is a huge learning curve as it is not designed for non-profits (terms/language is very different).

Affordability

Deb from St. Mark Lutheran Church

Servant Keeper

We are utilizing this software to get some really interesting report returns as we are learning the capabilities. We are also learning by the types of reports we are looking for how to better maintain the profiles that were set up and to streamline for best outcome in reporting. Again, Servant Keeper Help Desk is a must!

Pros

Lots of opportunities for reporting, customizing, etc. Pretty robust software. I have just had basic training by a previous user who also did not utilize the software to its fullest as this was not her function. We are learning more and more about just how much this software can do. We have been under utilizing and are looking forward to seeing how we can beef up our usage to get the best return on our investment and to care for our members in a more consistent way. Help Desk and tutorials are most helpful.

Cons

Without the proper training it is not extremely user friendly for reporting but with the right training, the software is outstanding. I highly recommend the Help Desk option. It has more than paid for itself year after year as we continue to learn the capabilities. The staff at Help Desk are super well trained and very helpful.

Ashleigh from LifeWay Christian Resources

Industry: Publishing

Servant Keeper

Our church uses this for our leaders to log interactions, communications, attendance, and emails. It's a great tool for churches looking to add some analytics to their ministry.

Pros

I like that it is easy to log when I've attempted to make contact with my youth group members. This helps us to keep track of communication and know that we're doing our best to keep in touch.

Cons

I think the interface could be a little more user-friendly but overall it's great. I don't really have any complaints.

Vicki from Compass Bible Church

SK 8 is by far the best database for churches of the many I've used.

The ability to track information about our members, attendees, and visitors. Reports that help us track a myriad of things about our congregation so we can better serve them, each other, our community, and our finances along with protecting our children with accurate and detailed background checks. The online directory helps our people to connect with each other easily, update information at their convenience and is secure with individual login. Our treasurer loves the ease of using the contribution section of this software and the reports generated. Just the ability to customize the software for my particular needs and the fact it is a true Windows program that allows you to copy, cut and paste plus update new information for a family with one click is worth its purchase. Many databases don't do that.

Pros

It is user-friendly, customizable, and readily accessible from any computer. The cloud based version of SK8 has features like the Greet and Attend for taking attendance at any event and the information goes into the database. It has an online directory that can be accessed by the church and members can update their profile changes themselves. The online directory will upload any JPEG picture such as selfie taken by the member which is great as it gives insight into each person and their family. They have a great background check program. I could go on and on. It has made my service to my church so much easier. One of the other important features is the Help Desk. These dedicated individuals are efficient, courtesy, informative, and endlessly patient. And they all speak understandable English. The company is also very responsive to suggestions for improvement. Many of the suggestions I heard at training sessions have been implemented in subsequent versions since I began using SK6. I highly recommend this software to every church staff member I talk to and those who don't use it are really missing out.

Cons

Only that it isn't free. I can't really think of any other reason. I know free isn't possible so, like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect."

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied October 2017

Wow Vicki thank you for your many kind words and for taking the time to post this extensive review! It's a joy and honor to serve Compass Bible Church! - the Servant Keeper Team

Liz from Great Island Presbyterian Church

Servant Keeper 8 is an amazing tool for ministry! It helps you to keep up with your church family.

Pros

I like the groups keeper the most! I like being able to create a group of the particular members I need to reach for our newsletter, prayer chain, small groups, worship, etc. I can create a group of members and run an array of member and contribution reports for use by the church staff, volunteers, committee and session members. We are now on the Cloud, which allows us to use the Mobile Ministry and Greet and Attend apps, as well as the New Online Office! The Online Office is extremely helpful. It allows me the capability to update or add member information from my cell phone or tablet, and that information goes right into the Servant Keeper 8 program. When I am at a small group, class or just bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, I can get my phone out and update their contact information right there. Our members have access to the online directory, they can view their contributions and update a lot of their information on the Online Office. Volunteers and staff can have access to the program from their own computers, so, now they can volunteer to do things at a time that's convenient for them, from wherever it's convenient for them. "Many hands make light work." We can give users and members access to different areas of Servant Keeper based upon their needs. Servant Keeper 8 integrates with several other programs that we use, like QuickBooks. It has also introduced us to other programs that are available like MailChimp, EventBrite and Vanco.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied May 2017

Thanks Liz, it's a joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad you are getting so much out of the system! The integrations you mention are pretty awesome and definitely work checking out. Mailchimp is a great tool for an automated visitor follow-up campaign and Vanco has the best online giving platform for churches! Thanks for using Servant Keeper!

Douglas from Mahomet United Methodist Church

Servant Keeper - The First Three Weeks

The migration to Servant Keeper from another software management program has exceeded all expectations. We migrated our data files over on a Friday morning and the staff was entering the Sunday offerings the following Monday morning without any issues or concerns. Our time to post the offerings and prepare the deposit documents was reduced by over 40%. By the end of the third week of use, the VANCO Payment Systems software were linked to the Servant Keeper program, and the Servant Keeper software was totally integrated into the QuickBooks Premier Edition 2017 Non-Profit software. The Importing and Exporting of the data between the three (3) programs has exceeded our expectations. By the end of the first month the Finance Committee received at their monthly meeting, in addition to their standard financial reports, additional reports generated from the vast number of report options available from the Servant Keeper Report Manager. (We discovered that the Report Manager was so powerful that we could within 60 seconds not only could we select the Reports menu, the Report Manager, and the Criteria for the report, the report was displayed on the screen and the printing was usually completed in less than 50 seconds.) The Membership module has also exceeded all expectations. By the end of the first week our Pastor's smartphone was programmed to access the Church's Servant Keeper data base and within hours it was put into use as well. Our former management program had limited information about our members and we are taking advantage of the vast number of data fields to gather and enter the information. We will be launching later this year the option to make it possible for members to access the member portal that will be added to our website. This will benefit both our members and our staff to update and maintain the family records. There is no doubt that Servant Keeper software is a very powerful, but easy to use, management program. In the business environment of which I was involved in the design and implementation of software programs such as Servant Keeper would be rated in the top 10% without a doubt. There is no doubt that a software program of this caliber would be significantly more expensive to acquire and administer. If a staff member has a reasonable working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, they can replicate the experience we have had and the support that has been provided to us from Servant Keeper.

Pros

Easy of navigation, yet extremely comprehensive in depth.

Cons

I have not found enough differences to justify both speed tasks and a regular task bar. I also found the User Manual (Contributions especially) in need of reprint. Many index pages are of by two (2) and the user needs to add 2 to most page numbers. The author makes some assumptions about the reader: 1. That they have a working knowledge of the entire system when reading about a specific task, 2. There are words or topics missing in the index which makes it difficult to navigate through the book.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied February 2017

Thank you Douglas! It's very kind of you to take the time to post this review. I think it will be helpful for many. We are honored to serve your ministry. The Servant Keeper Team

Susan from Redeemer United Methodist Church Kingston WA

We recently upgraded to SK 8 with our database on the Cloud. Technical Support was awesome!

Pros

We have used the SK Contributions module for many years and it has worked extremely well. I especially like, that if we make the occasional data entry error, it is a straightforward process to make corrections. Three of our volunteers attended a SK training session last spring and we were impressed with the membership module. We could immediately see how we could use membership features to support many of our ministries. The ease of customizing our database with our own names for various fields is great. The Groups Keeper is an awesome tool and we foresee using it extensively. Although we are still learning the SK Writer functions, we can already see that in conjunction with the Groups Keeper, we will be able to personalize letters, emails, campaigns, etc. Perhaps the most appreciated feature of SK8 is that it resides on the Cloud. This enables all of us to work from home, which is a huge plus for our organization, which is 100% volunteers, except for our minister. Also, we appreciate that our data is backed up daily automatically.

Cons

There is so much functionality it is easy to "use it or lose it". This says more about us than the software!

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied September 2017

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind words and your thorough 5-star review! It's a joy and privilege to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

Gwen from Central Baptist Church

Servant Keeper Service Review

We love that our minister/users can log on from their phones and bring up members for visits or calls. I like the ease of adding members. I like the incredible help I get because I can talk to a person and not go thru several menus to get there. Our bookkeeper has found contributions to be easy to use and help calls very effective in problem solving

Pros

User-friendly with the ability to actually talk to a customer service rep who will help with any problem. Today, reps, actually logged into my account and ran an update and made sure I could access Servant Keeper through an icon on my screen. It must have taken only 10 minutes for her to complete the help.

Cons

I'm still struggling with the bulk mail ability. I can create the group, but the barcoded labels don't appear correctly, i.e, they overwrite between the first 5 and the last 4. They should be different each time they are run based on a product called Cassit, that Servant Keeper doesn't use to verify for each time the bar codes are attached to the label list. Also there are authorization reports the post office requires for their automated.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

We didn't check out others, due to superior reports about Servant Keeper from other churches.

Scott from New Life UPC

Investing in the Helpdesk saved me as a customer with Servant Keeper

Pros

I love how much time it saves me. Highly proficient. Love the Help Desk department!. They are quickly becoming my 2nd family.

Cons

Cannot purchase without Helpdesk. I was a little taken back at first by the fact that the we invested into servant keeper and when we needed training on the program we were told that we needed to pay more money to learn how to use the software.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied February 2018

Hi Scott! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and we're glad you're taking advantage of the HelpDesk. Many companies outsource their HelpDesk so that they can offer "free" support. Many times when you call for help with one of those companies you feel like you know more than their support department. That's the nature of "free" support, unfortunately. At ServantPC we don't outsource our support. Our HelpDesk agents work in the same building as the rest of us. Then there are some other companies simply raise their monthly prices to build in the cost of support. In order to keep our prices down (starting at 9.99/mo!) a HelpDesk subscription with Servant Keeper is always optional. Also, there is help built into the system and lots of ways to get free assistance, but we have worked hard to develop a pricing model that makes high quality support available. thank you and it's an honor to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

Albert from Consultant

Servant Keeper gets across the board. Their salesman,

Online directory for church membership. Saved many man days of work recording and tabulating contribution statements to the membership. Opens door to online communication to church membership.' Allows membership to review their giving statements at any time online.

Pros

We formed a committee to review electronic giving in early November. In this process we learned that our church had purchased SK, but had not implemented it. After reviewing the benefits of SK we decided we should first implement SK before moving into electronic giving. We tested SK live for over a month to confirm that it work for us. Prior to SK we used PowerChurch Plus for membership records and manually recorded all of contribution records by hand on paper ledgers. The conversion from PCP went very well using the SK provided tool for data conversion. In this process we moved 525 families with 1149 members to SK from PCP in a manner of minutes. The SK salesman met with us almost daily over the phone to answer our questions when we were in the month long evaluation. He answered both functional and technical questions as we tested the functionality. At this point we have implemented the membership and contributions modules from SK. We are planning to implement the Directory next and then get into email ' text communication in the Church membership. The guys entering the contributions especially enjoyed doing the "Ka-Ching" feature that sounded every time they entered a contribution. Overall at this time we are very happy with SK and the service they have provided as we implemented the software. We decided to implement the "cloud" version of the software and it works as fast as the local version which we used in testing.

Cons

We wish that all of the features were rolled up in the cost for the cloud version. Other than that there everything has worked as advertised.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied January 2018

Hi Albert, very kind of you to leave a very detailed and glowing review of Servant Keeper. It's an honor to serve your ministry and we are so glad that SK is a blessing for you! - the Servant Keeper Team

February 2015

G. from Vertical Bark, llc

February 2015

A different perspective ' an IT Services Professional's view of SK

As an IT Services professional for over three decades, I am engaged daily, sometimes for hours on end, with software products, services, and helpdesks around the world. Over the years, I have observed great software looses its greatness if the helpdesk and support team do not provide the same level of great support. Sometimes made bearable with a good helpdesk and support. Tolerable with live, call-in, voice support instead of chat and email support. Quite serviceable if the helpdesk knows the software inside out. Equally important is, if the helpdesk clearly understands the short-term and long-term purpose and goals of why the software was developed. A combination darn hard to find today. To be really great software, the helpdesk must be equally great. That is not done by the helpdesk following a Script of (many times) unrelated checkpoints and disjointed steps. I am not the "end-user" of SK. For my clients, my task as a contract IT professional, is to install, and locally support SK through all phases of it lifecycle. Of course, the client also has the ability to call SK directly. On the more technical, cumbersome or time consuming challenges, I am typically asked to do the "heavy-lifting" with the SK helpdesk. Over the past 6 years, with every single instance, I have experienced a very high quality level of support. Some of the very best service have experienced, and I deal continually with a lot of helpdesks around the world. How I rate SK (01, lowest to 10, highest points) Service: 10 pts. Purpose Driven 10 pts. Mission Driven 09 pts. Down-right pleasant and personable - the right amount just to let you know it is "Person-to-Person", NOT "Script-Reader to User". 09 pts. Professional 09 pts. Knowledgeable - I am continually surprised at the depth the helpdesk folks know their product. 42 pts. Truthful - If they didn't know the answer at the time, there was no bluffing, no wasting time. Simply, "I don't know, but will find the answer or a staff person (supervisor or engineer) - and I will get back to you by (target time/date). 100%, without fail. Oh, did I miss mentioning the software. Absolutely, 9.999 Points. (Of course it's not perfect) I have SK installations in a very large congregation (1000+) and in smaller congregations (under 250). All of my users have found SK and the Helpdesk Subscription extremely Cost Effective. ROI on all of this? In this case, Eternal - Priceless.

Jeff from Palmerdale Cross Baptist Church

Servant Keeper is a great product for the price.

Pros

The price verses quality is exceptional. Servant keeper is easy to use, and does a great job at tracking church membership. All the new features that have come out have made it very competitive with other companies. I especially like the add on of background checks and registration.

Cons

I am not a fan of how expensive the cloud/ mobile versions are. This is a great feature that many churches could not afford. We had to pick a few staff members to receive the app, and others had to use the traditional site. I also wish each member could establish their own profile.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied April 2018

Hi Jeff, first thanks for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to other churches. Second, I think you may not know that all of your users can use the mobile and web apps as well as the desktop apps and you can use it on unlimited devices and computers for no additional charge. Also, please know that all of your members can manage their own profiles online at no additional charge to you. - thanks! the Servant Keeper Team

January 2014

Andre from Venetia Systems LLC

January 2014

SK7 Upgrade - be careful!

We have used SK6 for a number of years at our church and have been very satisfied with it. My wife is treasurer at our church and at another church where she has been frustrated by their existing, 'clunky' system. Based on her experience with SK6 at our church, she persuaded them to buy SK7. One of the most useful features for entering contributions in SK6 was the ability to scan checks which prefilled the contributors details and helped ensure correct allocation. This feature has not been retained in SK7. Instead it has been replaced by a new feature which utilizes a service with TransModus which allows checks to be scanned and deposited directly into your bank account. However, this service costs $200-$300 per month which is too expensive for smaller churches with tight budgets. It would have made a lot more sense for them to have retained the old option in SK7 in addition to the new option. I can see that the new option could be useful for bigger churches with more substantial budgets. I just cannot understand why the existing users should now be adversely impacted by having the simple check scanning functionality removed. I spoke to a SK sales rep who seemed to be at sea about why the functionality had been removed. I also did not get the feeling the he was particularly interested in communicating our frustration up the chain of command.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied July 2014

Andre, First, thank you for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to others. I'm glad it has served you so well! We have indeed brought back desktop check scanning for V7. The decision was made based on emerging technology that replaced the basic scanners. One correction is that the TransModus feature you mention is billed a few cents per check, not several hundred dollars per month. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. The benefit of the Transmodus check scanner is that it accomplishes the remote deposit, and can scan up to 90 checks at a time. The other thing many churches requested is online giving that integrates with Servant Keeper, thus eliminating double entry. Not only do we offer that now, but we are able to provide that at a significantly less cost than the other online giving options. Donors can give by credit, debit, or check account, according to the church's preference. Please contact us if you would like to discuss further.

Faith from Pine Ridge Bible Church

Best Church Software for the price!

We are a small church (about 100 attendees) and recently purchased ServantKeeper as our first church management software. I'm pretty confident that this will also be our LAST church software because we bought the lifetime license and we love the program! I (the church secretary) have used several different database management systems in past jobs, so I knew I wanted church software with a detailed database, member groups, family connections, and ease of updating/sorting. ServantKeeper is all of those!

Pros

When I add new people to the database, it automatically forms a family unit (with that person as the head), and it is so easy to add spouse/children directly from that family--which means I don't have to type the address/phone/anniversary/membership status multiple times. This is NOT the case with most other software I tested. Every person can be added to groups or Sunday School classes, have attendance and contributions tracked, and can even have skills or volunteer areas added to their profile. It's very customizable, so this should be helpful for any organization.

Cons

The only downside for us is the formatting of the reports. There are a lot of reports available (i.e. family profile, directory pages, attendance) and they are customizable, but you can't change the formatting (font size, layout, etc.). Obviously, this isn't a huge deal, because the reports are still helpful--that's just the one thing I would change.

October 2012

Vicki from Ascension Lutheran Church

October 2012

Church record keeping at your finger tips

Servant Keeper is a great asset to our church record keeping & daily needs of managing our congregation. The financial portion of the program is easy to use. You won't need an accountant to make entries & run a vast array of easy to read reports. Accountants will find the complete information they need as well. The membership manager can maintain a wealth of knowledge about members & visitors. Easy to add & maintain. Reports are simple & can be customized for your specific needs. Overall, the screens are easy to read, progress in logical fashion & allow even users with basic computer knowledge to be successful & not overwhelmed. More experiences users can customize, optimize & utilize the software is countless ways to suit their needs. Customer service is friendly, quick access for help & well trained. Our 3 year history with Servant Keeper has been positive & extremely beneficial to our church. I highly recommend this software for any size congregation.

Pros

Simple to use. Entry screens are basic and easy to follow. Entry errors are easy to correct. Easy to add new people and catagories while making entries. Members like how detailed yet simple their giving statements are. Clear format for easy understanding. Multiple options are available for statements to customize to your needs for that moment. Reports are easy to read in ways that are simple for councils and chairpersons to review quickly and without additional training. History is quickly accessed and can be used to create an abundance of reports for budgets and church needs. Webinars are informative and helpful. Don't skip them if at all possible. They open new ways of using the software.

Cons

Pledges can only be tracked per person, not by family, on critical reports. There are ways to work around this by entering the spouse with a zero pledge, but doesn't not quite correct the whole problem there. Not enough con to outweigh all the positive pros though.

Sandra from Central Church of Christ

My Servant Keeper Experience

Any problems that I may come up with, there is always the Help Desk that will work with me to help me solve my problems.

Pros

I have been working with Servant Keeper for about 2 1/2 to 3 years. It has been a user friendly experience and the daily routine of data submission really helps to perform the end - of - year statements in an easy accessible manner. I have taken part in the online training for statement distribution and find it to be a very helpful tool. Also to mention that the Help Desk experience has been amazing with friendly and knowledgeable people with patience and courtesy.

Cons

As of now, there is nothing that I do not like about this software. The longer you work with it, the more you find that it is a fantastic aid in the tracking and maintaining of information for your church.

Vicki from Compass Bible Church

Great program!

I used several different programs before I found Servant Keeper and none of them were as easy to use and contained the information the church needed like this one. Servant Keeper also allows me to customize it to fit my needs. The company is very good at taking suggestions for improvement and I often find the changes in new upgrades. The staff is wonderful to work with and readily solves problems. I recommend this program to every church secretary I meet. There is nothing else on the market that provides the needed information for my church. The price is fair and I highly recommend having their help desk contract. It is worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, adaptability for my needs, the reports available, ease of emailing contribution statements, tracking information, great customer service and help desk, and more.

Cons

Not compatible with PayPal for online giving but that is a very minor thing.

Janice from McPherson Church of the Brethren

My Experience with Servant Keeper Software

S very good which I would recommend to other churches.

Pros

As the Administrator for the church database, my experience with Servant Keeper has been very positive. I appreciate the expertise of the Help Desk staff who are friendly, considerate and always try their best to answer my questions. Occasionally, when I call with a complicated question, the the representative will suggest logging into my computer which I consider most helpful. I prefer calling instead of using the Chat feature.

Cons

Sometimes calls to the Help Desk representative are a little longer then I like. When creating reports, there are times when I wish I that I could finish the report in Servant Keeper instead of saving it into an Excel file to complete my project.

June 2015

Bob from Christ Episcopal Church

June 2015

I enthusiastically and without qualification recommend SK 7.

After working with the demo a few weeks and after several phone calls to Sales Rep Bernadette Reynolds, we purchased a 3 seat Starter Bundle with SK Hosting 3 weeks ago. Later, we bought an additional set of manuals and ClipBook for SK. Total investment to date is about $1200 for our 200 family, 400 individual congregation. While less expensive choices are available, I think this is about the minimum setup and cost for a church our size. The Import Tool is a must for porting member data. I wish I had taken more time organizing member talents and interests as it's time consuming to add this info after import. There's no mechanism to change fields on a group of members by importing a batch file; it must be done manually inside SK. Help from the Menu Bar doesn't work if you're using the current version of Adobe AIR (17.0.0.172 but it does work with older versions). If SK is open and it loses focus or your computer goes to sleep for a while, SK thinks the internet connection has been lost. I've had to either shut down SK with Task Manager and/or reboot to get things back to normal. While I focus on getting everything set up, several others are working through the very useful online tutorials and videos. User Manuals are very, very good as is the Help Desk. While there are some idiosyncrasies and a few things I'd do differently, it's clear a great deal of thought has gone into the design of this software and how it will be used. While I found SK intuitive and easy to use (I worked in the CAE field for 40 years), it remains to be seen how easy our 'unsophisticated' users will adapt to it. It is a very powerful piece of software that should meet your needs whether you're a church of 20 or 2000 families.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied June 2015

Thanks for your review Bob! Please contact the HelpDesk so we can address the couple things you bring up. We can show you how to do global field changes for groups of people in Servant Keeper. You'll love how easy that is! There should not be a conflict with adobe air so we can make sure about that and we can also help prevent what your describing when your computer 'sleeps'.

Arthur from True Light Worship Center

PassWord Support

Servant Keeper helps our church stay out of any kind of trouble. All the features are designed to help us keep pertinent records by consent, without trespassing upon anyone's privacy

Pros

It is very comprehensive and targets every aspect of church membership. It allows the church to keep accurate records of all members and their families within the program. Contributions and pledges are easily recorded, and one of the best features of the program is "it will not allow you to gloss over mistakes". This makes accounting, end of month, and yearend statements very easy to print at any time there is a need. Simply stated, it is an outstanding program for any organization that handles contributions.

Cons

The defaults are laid out in "Landscape" or Excel format. This is great for large organizations that collects all the information, and takes much time to format the way I like my reports to print.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied October 2018

Hello Arthur! thanks for using and recommending Servant Keeper! It's a joy to serve your ministry. Regarding the report format, you can customize the reports to be landscape or portrait. Give us a call if you don't see where to switch that. Thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team

Lara from St. Justin Martyr Orthodox Church

I use Servant Keeper 7 on a weekly basis or more

Pros

I do use a later version (7) but am considering upgrading to 8. I like the ease of printing all types of reports, and the end of year info for tax purposes.

Cons

A very awkward and dated "Help" section--hopefully solved in version 8. ALso having to re-enter your ID and password to switch between Admin, Contribution and Membership manger during the same session is a bit annoying.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied August 2018

Hi Lara, thanks for recommending Servant Keeper. :) Just want to let you know that we have revamped the online help center for V8. I also want to make sure you know that you do not have to log out and log back in to go to different parts of the program. Just cllck "switch to" on the bottom right of your screen and you can jump to whatever part of the program for which your user ID has security access. Thank you for using Servant Keeper! - the Servant Keeper Team

Diana from Christ Church

Easy and Effective

Customized mailings to members are a breeze now. Ability to email contribution statements when requested is saving us a lot of postage expense. Updating email databases with third party providers is easy. Can't wait to introduce online member directory to our congregation, which will allow them to view their contribution statements at any time.

Pros

Easily transitioned from paper-based member records to a cloud-based system. Automatically backs up data.

Cons

The very flexibility of the software can also make it a bit tricky to navigate when conducting out-of-the-ordinary or non-standard reporting and analyses. However, I've found the HelpDesk to be unfailingly helpful each time I've needed them.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

The quality of interaction with every Servant PC person I met during the search process.

Terrell from Trinity Church

We have used SK for more than 20 years. Wouldn't be without it.

It serves the needs of our church for a data base and contributions system.

Pros

It is so user friendly and has many functions. I like the fact that it has a module for the data base and another for contributions.

Cons

My only complaint is the pricing arrangement for the Cloud version. I would request a mid-range price for customers who need more than 3 users but less than 10.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied July 2017

thank you Terrell for using Servant Keeper for so long and for your review! Thanks also for your feedback on cloud pricing. Actually for version 8 you get 30 users with level two. level 1 works out to about $10/user. A theoretical 5 user plan would be $50 but we decided to give customers an extra 25 users because it's best if they can give volunteers and teachers their own login. I hope that explains our logic. thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team

Kenny from Epworth United Methodist Church

Great church software management from ServantKeeper. Great customer service.

We have been customers since 2001 +/-... maybe even the 90s. We use v8 and like the Cloud. We use original online giving and the Lobby Kiosk, the phone App and we plan to start using the Mail Chimp plug-in this year.

Pros

Customer service is wonderful. We love ServatKeeper 8 - cloud based. List management for groups and mailings.

Cons

We are an open church and we have had issues (that we have created work-arounds for) managing couples/families who do not have the same last name. It may be a couple who married and one of them did not change their name, a spouse who did hyphenate their name and one who did not or a same-sex marriage where it may be he/he or she/she. Some even have adopted children who kept their birth name.

customizable and works

Pros

Used this for years. Used for class lists for the children at the church. Tracked the different adult studies that the adult members attended. Able to separate the financial information from the non-financial so not all of the staff had access to the financial records (I didn't, for example). Had good experience with the support team when questions or issues arose.

Cons

Not a problem with the software. Make sure that backups are made. It has tools that allow you to change data for large groups of people, which can be very helpful. Sometimes changes needed to be undone, especially when volunteers were given access to the database. :(

Dianna from Fellowship Baptist Church

Easy to use - Support is incredible!

We don't use this program to its ultimate ability. We are a small church with a small staff, so there is only so much we can and do track. But it meets our needs (mostly, I have one report I resort to Access for), and it's so easy to use that new employees don't have a problem understanding the basics. I had to contact SK today for help in re-installing a workstation after my computer was replaced. The service provided by the Rep in the Help department was AWESOME!

Pros

Easy to use. Very versatile. The support is incredible, excellent!

Cons

I would prefer an easier and more robust customizable reporting feature. Perhaps that's the one area I am simply not knowledgeable enough. I am more used to creating reports in Access databases, which is quite customizable.

Kathryn from First Baptist Church of Downey

Go for the Level 3 Bundle as the unlimited Help Desk is well worth it.

Still haven't completely enabled all aspects of the program. I had to change accounting programs at the same time we jumped into this program. What a huge difference in how much time it takes. With the white glove conversion I was able to have the attendance and contributions up and running in a few days. It will take a bit longer to get all the capabilities up and running only because I'm still working on the accounting program conversion.

Pros

The White Glove transition worked well. You do have to conform your categories, but the team helps you identify what is needed. The attendance and contributions went in smoothly once everything matched up. We were able to bring over from Logos the attendance and contributions of our database from 2012 forward. Utilize the training videos they are very helpful. The help desk team will walk you through whatever you are having trouble with also. This software has so many parts that can be useful for a large or growing church.

Cons

Some areas are very intuitive to work with, but the report area was not. Don't waste time trying to figure it out on your own. Use the training and the help desk! You may have to wait on hold for a member of the Help Desk Team, however it is worth the wait. They walk you through whatever you are having trouble with. It becomes clear how it works and why it works that way. Now it feels intuitive.

Dr. D. Robert from Aspen Hill Christian Church

Great program, great support, no problems

We took a long time to make the decision to purchase Servant Keeper. We already have another church software program but Servant Keeper is much easier to use and gives us what we want.

Pros

Easy to use. Works as advertised. Good customer support.

Cons

Wish it had a module for Accounting. Quick Books isn't really designed for churches although that is what we use. Wish the "Directory" portion of the Membership Module had more flexibility with regard to font size and the number of names on a page.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied February 2017

Dr. Robert, Thank you for your kind review of Servant Keeper. We are so glad it is a blessing to your ministry. In regards to 'built in' accounting, at this time our surveys show that about 80-85% of churches are using Quickbooks at their accountant's request so we have felt that letting churches stay with their accounting program of choice is the best option. Thanks again for using Servant Keeper! The Servant Keeper Team

Alan from First Assembly of God

Servant Keeper...it's a keeper!

Pros

I really like the ability of Servant Keeper to have a vast amount of information available at my fingertips. From entering information about our congregants, to entering contribution data...it's all there for me. I love the ability to create and distribute contribution statements of donor giving. Servant Keeper makes it quite simple and easy to do from start to finish!

Cons

Honestly, there's not really much of anything that I don't like about Servant Keeper. It fulfills our needs for what we do, and our users are happy. The cost is expensive...but in the overall scheme of things....we get what we pay for!

Pastor Marc from First Baptist Church of Madera

Easy to use. Always great helpdesk personnel. Always friendly and never much of a wait.

Church computer, pastor's computer and pastor's cell all connected in real time with cloud.

Pros

Easy to use. The cloud service puts the whole church database on my home computer as well as my cell phone. Wonderful and easy access! I can contact anyone on the fly.

Cons

I can see no negatives to purchasing and using this software. This is the second church I have pastored in which I have purchased and implemented this product. My secretary can be inputting one thing and I another. Yet, due to cloud, we both get real time updates. Easy!

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied May 2018

Hi Pastor Mar, thank you so much for this kind review and recommendation. It's a pleasure to serve you once again at another ministry. I'm so glad you are benefiting from the cloud features and having your data anywhere you are. - thanks again for using Servant Keeper!- the Servant Keeper Team

Brook from Grace Chapel

Feels dated

This software does everything I need it to, but is far from intuitive, and is very slow. It feels like software from the early 90's, even though we upgraded to the newest version on the cloud. I actually dread looking up addresses, because it feels like it takes a long time. Additionally, setting up reports feels like wading through a swamp of choices, instead of it being more user friendly and intuitive. If we hadn't recently updated to the cloud version, in hopes of it not feeling like an old DOS program, I think I would have chosen a different software. That said, the customer service it outstanding. The cost is reasonable. The number of features offered is more than we'll ever use.

Pros

Lot's of features. Great customer service.

Cons

Feels dated & slow. User experience is clunky and not intuitive.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied February 2017

HI Brook, thanks for taking the time to review Servant Keeper. Please contact our HelpDesk if you are having issues with speed and we can see if it is related to your internet there. It is very rare for us to get a complaint about speed. We certainly want to make sure you are getting the most out of the system. There sure are a lot of options when you print reports because so many churches vary in what they want to include on any given report or directory. Hopefully having the options is a positive thing in the end. :) Thanks for using SK! The Servant Keeper Team

Lori Lynn from Mt Calvary Lutheran, Rothschild WI

Always great support. I recommend to other churches when they ask.

Quick ways to create reports. I like the opening screen of birthday, anniversaries, etc. It's great to be able give a member a quick call and give them a greeting. People appreciate the thought and it's so easy because the program gives me the info in one quick screen shot.

Pros

User friendly!!!! And if I get in a bind I call support. They are always quick to help me figure out what is wrong. Usually it's the space between the chair and the keyboard (lol).

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied November 2017

HI Lori! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and for posting a nice review. It's a joy to serve you. I love the reminder tool also, it keeps people from "falling through the cracks" as we like to say! :) - the Servant Keeper Team

Rhonda from The Grand Church

It has helped me tremendously

Pros

Easy to use and I don't worry about losing my data. The help desk and representatives are great and walked me through every part of the download and install. All of my information is in one program and I can generate reports individually or in groups. It is also great for making phone books with individual information for our leadership teams. There are more things I like about this program and plan to learn much more as I go.

Cons

The only thing that frustrated me with the program was in the older version if I left the computer with program up and running after about five to ten minutes the program would freeze and I would have to exit out of the program completely and restart it.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied November 2017

Hi Rhonda, thanks for using Servant Keeper! It's an honor so serve your ministry and we're so glad it is a help to you. I'm glad you like the printed directories, and don't forget to take advantage of the free online directory that comes with your subscription! - the Servant Keeper Team

Jeanne from Trinity Episcopal Church

Quick satisfaction, extremely knowledgeable, so patient and courteous.

There are so many reports and options, and some of our staff (myself included) sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees. We try to make a task or getting a report harder than it has to be. A call to the help desk and we quickly get an answer.

Pros

The ease of use! The presentation of the information. The huge array of reports and reporting options available. The integration with email is fabulous. The merge feature is so easy. Love how you can perform a quick sort on so many of the reports--the information is always right on hand with just a few keystrokes! Our clergy cannot say enough good things about the mobile app--they use it practically daily. Everyone in the office loves using this program!

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied February 2018

Hi Jeanne! It's a joy to serve your ministry and we are so thrilled to see your review! So glad to hear how you are using Servant Keeper and that the mobile apps are being used by your clergy. Thanks for taking time to post a review! - the Servant Keeper Team

Bonnie from Ventura CSL

Great Experience

Our experience has been excellent. It has made a lot of tasks simpler. It's super easy to get our hands on data when we need it.

Pros

We like a lot about this product. It has helped us streamline office processes and avoid redundancies. The report features are excellent. We like the Secure Check-in for our youth. The integrations with Vanco, Quick-books, and background checks are also great. The BEST part is the help desk. They are friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

Occasionally a process doesn't seem completely intuitive, but that might just be me.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

Probably because of ratings, the fact that Servant Keeper has been around for a long time, and the interfaces with Vanco and QuickBooks.

Robby from The Gathering at Scott Memorial UMC

Very customizable! Flexible enough to meet needs of churches large and small

Super ability to organize.

Pros

user-defined fields, integration with other software like QB and payment systems like Vanco. Also like the increasing "ecosystem" like secure child check-in and cloud-based data

Cons

No app! I would love a directory app for phones (ie: Instant Church directory) Also, I would love to be able to export the notes fields in to a csv file like the older versions of SK

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied August 2017

Thank you Robby for taking the time to complete a review. YES there is an app and an instant online church directory that connects to your database. Call us so we can help you turn that on! thanks - Servant Keeper Team

Joan from Bridgehampton Presbyterian CHurch

Amazing

From Sales to customer support they are professional and yet you feel they understand and are a friend. They are always calm and very knowledgeable.

Pros

With the upgrade, it is easier to read. Better quality in the visual and easy in moving from window to window. All aspects an be utilized in all parts of running and supporting our church an the congregation.

Cons

sometimes when we do the directory and making it look perfect we have to make it work.

Reasons for Choosing Servant Keeper

I prefer to be loyal to a company that has been professional and supportive to our small church.

Marie from Alamo City Apostolic Church

I love Servant Keeper Church Software. We use it in our church office for contributions we receive.

Pros

I really, really love how easy Servant Keeper is to learn and use. It makes my work much easier than it was before we started using it.

Cons

What I like least about Servant Keeper is how it times out when you have to switch to another program or app to check something.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied March 2018

Hi Marie, we're so glad you love Servant Keeper and it's a joy to serve your ministry! I'm happy you find it easy to learn and that it's making your job easier. For security purposes your session will time out after a period of inactivity, so that's why you are noticing that. - thanks for the 5 star review! - the Servant Keeper Team

Stephanie from Church of the Nazarene

Excellent Database

I use this software on a daily basis. I am able to find a single person or email an entire subgroup fairly quickly. I do wish it didn't take so many clicks to get get the information I'm looking for, and I wish that I had more search options like being able to search by the first name, etc.

Pros

A database is a very helpful tool in a church.

Cons

Not terribly user-friendly

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied December 2016

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for using Servant Keeper! I want to make sure you know that you can search by any field even your custom fields! Please give us a call at 800-773-7570 so we can make sure you know how to do that, and also the fastest way to get to the information you're looking for. Servant Keeper Team

Jessie from Cape Bible Chapel

Our church has used Servant Keeper for years to track family/individual data and contributions.

It helps us organize our member's information.

Pros

The reports feature is really helpful allowing you to customize data for mailings, stats for the church staff, and lots more.

Cons

The upgrades sometimes cause issues if all computers are not updated simultaneously - allowing only one user access at a time until all users update.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied March 2018

Hi Jessie, thanks for using Servant Keeper. I'm glad you like the reporting, we are always adding new reports and now, with the online report center, you can even download reports made by other Servant Keeper users. Thanks for recommending us! - the Servant Keeper Team

Terri from Fellowship of Praise of the Santee Lakes

What a blessing Servant Keeper is!

Information at our fingertips in order to perform our roles as ministry assistant in an efficient and timely manner for our pastors and church.

Pros

It's reliability is what I like most. It has been such a faithful program. Little to no errors, crashes, etc.

Cons

Just little preferences that are different for every church is what I like the least. No big dislikes!

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied November 2017

Hi Terri, it is so kind of you to post a review of Servant Keeper. It's a complete joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad that you have found Servant Keeper to be a reliable way to manage your ministry for so many years! - the Servant Keeper Team

Joe from Venture Church

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Avoid at all cost

Our ministry was using SK for some time before I was brought on as the Executive Pastor. After evaluating the system, I noticed our ministry was only using a very small portion of the program because the features were not user friendly. We also were wanting to do mobile check in for your children’s ministry by using iPads and wireless printers. SK is not mobile friendly. They are such an out of date and unfriendly user system that it’s not worth investing in. When we made the switch to another program, SK did not want to give me all of our data we had. They only released a small portion and said it was all the data. I ended up having to purchase the church’s data from SK! Not kidding. Even though I paid hundreds of dollars for our data, they still dragged their feet in getting the data to me. Even as I am writing this review, I have not received our data and it’s been days since I’ve paid for it.

Pros

Nothing. It’s not user friendly. It’s not mobile friendly, meaning you can not use iPads or mobile devices to check in your children for children’s ministry. When you attempt to leave SK’s services, you have to buy back your own data and they drag their feet in releasing it to you.

Cons

I noticed the features were not user friendly. We also were wanting to do mobile check in for your children’s ministry by using iPads and wireless printers. SK is not mobile friendly. We had the newest version, SK8 at the time of this review, And it is such an out dated and unfriendly user system that it’s not worth investing in.

Becky from Life Line Baptist Church

Joe was most helpful and understanding of my computer illiteracy!!

Pros

Everything seems to be fine except the Sunday School rosters. We haven't implemented a lot of the features yet but look forward to what we'll be able to do.

Cons

We use monthly Sunday School rosters. The monthly rosters in SK8 are for 6 weeks instead of just the desired month.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Replied September 2017

Hi Becky, thanks so much for giving Servant Keeper a 5 star rating, it's an honor so serve your ministry. Just a quick note, all the reports and rosters can be completely customized so if you want to make it four weeks only you can do that. Call us if you need help with that. Thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team