• Pros

• "Easy to navigate to different pages. Easy to keep track of patients. "

• "The system is very easy to navigate and user friendly. "

• "This application is very helpful for managing a clinical trial comprehensively. I use it more for daily visits and scheduling. I love how I can see the visits and timepoints very clearly."

• Cons

• "Complicated features at times are cumbersome but I’ve been able to function without using all"

• "The price of the system, and that you are limited on the number of studies. "

• "Functionality not very intuitive when setting up finances for different studies. "

Browse Clinical Conductor CTMS Reviews

Ellie from Lucas Research

Industry: Research

I love Clinical Conductor!

Customer Service is second to none. I've always had a great experience with everyone from the sales team to the support staff. Fun people with a great work ethic and sense of humor!

Pros

It's easy to use, very intuitive and provides many of the reports that I need for our site.

Cons

I would like for it to be able to integrate and import data from our EHR system.

Douglas from Marshall Health

Fast, Reliable Cloud based software 5.0

The ability of the system to track elements of a study to ensure you are capturing the functionality of the coordinator/PI time, ability to instill bonuses should it be needed, capture team coverage while primary will be out of office, recruitment management using social media and real time matrix showing financial analysis to make informed decisions on future studies. I would use their service and recommend to other research sites as well. Bio-optronics team has addressed every concerned we had in a prompt, courteous manner.

Pros

I like the web conferences offered to ensure your staff and administrator for the system understand the full capabilities of the program used. The ability to manage your documents and print at multiple sites should you need to be very comforting. the two part verification for stipend payment to prevent errors

Cons

The inability to lock data once verified by the study manager or administrator to ensure all of the team who worked on study get the credit. Which once explained to their team is being addressed. During a rollback to correct data you may need to complete information twice as it resets to default staff, a minor inconvenience.

Casey from Texas Heart Institute

Average Product

We've had the product for about 5 years. In my opinion, the product has great potential, but it consistently falls short on simple quality of life issues. For example, allowing the ability to sort all variables on a given page, and headers should remain static when scrolling down a large data set. Depending on the size of your organization, I would advise assigning an administrator for your site to help with establishing standard use guidelines and ensuring data quality. Without one, it can be very difficult to show reliable data or provide a "return on investment".

Pros

Pros: Financial functionalities are quite adequate. However, it does not conform to budgets with visit payments and conditional, invoiceable items for payment very well. Visit management is adequate. However, there are limitations conforming to protocols that require conditional, as needed items. For example, capturing reportable events at times outside of a scheduled protocol visit are challenging. Affordable. Customer service is responsive and unlimited.

Cons

Usability, user experience. Can be very difficult to navigate and answer questions clearly and quickly. Workarounds can be common and confusing for end users. Recruitment functionality is cumbersome and not customizable. Especially for sites where the pre-screening process can take weeks to months for a study.

Venu from Rapidleo Private limited

Would absolutely recommend to different people

Pros

For the most part, it is worth the money and I would definitely recommend it to people.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to use sometimes

Sound Medical Research

I've been using Clinical Conductor for about 5 years both as a clinical research coordinator and clinical trial manager and for the most part I've been happy with the product however the time it takes to navigate around for instance completing a visit, looking up an available time on the calendar then scheduling a visit or speaking to a CRA who needs to schedule a visit requires checking the calendar then going into studies choosing the study finding the monitor and scheduling the visit

Pros

The interface looks good and it fairly easy and intuitive for navigate for the most part. I like the training that is available.

Cons

For many things it can take a lot of clicks to get to where you want to go. My personal wish would be able to much more from my weekly calendar screen, such as schedule appointments and non-stud appointments, approve stipends and complete visits. When scheduling a patient it would be nice to have the scheduled date ranges and times with a list of available time slots for that visit.

Betsy from Sterling Research Group

June 2014

Clinical Conductor Support cannot be beat!

We began using Clinical Conductor at our site in 2008 and have been very happy with our decision ever since! You couldn't ask for better customer support!! From the beginning, all of our data was transferred from our previous CTMS with ease. Support team provided excellent training and continues to do so as the CTMS continues to evolve with changing needs at the site level. We have been able to consolidate every aspect of our business and streamline processes from pre-study site selection through close-out activities. Where previously everyone had created their own spreadsheets to monitor and measure metrics, now everything is automatic and reports can be generated at the "click of a button". The ease of exporting to Excel for those who want to maintain their spreadsheets is also wonderful! We have been able to increase our budgets for recruitment advertising by providing detailed metrics and tracking of every call received and the outcome of enrollment in our studies. We are a dedicated clinical research site with multiple offices and multiple investigators and Clinical Conductor has been a "life-saver" to effectively manage all of our projects. Our site typically has 60-70 active studies (in various stages from site selection through close-out) at all times so as you can imagine we have encountered virtually any "odd" scenario you could imagine over our 6 years of using Clinical Conductor and we have always been able to make everything work. My one suggestion to anyone considering investing in a CTMS is to have a dedicated staff member as your Administrator for set-up; staff training and point of contact. The system can appear to be overwhelming because of the many capabilities but that Administrator can ensure things work appropriately for your site and can also develop SOPs for use and training users to ensure smooth operation. Once you get established the ease of use of the system is apparent and if you find something that doesn't work for your site the Support Team always welcomes your suggestions and provides quick instruction on how to accomplish your goals.

Lynn from EvergreenHealth

Industry: Research

Review from the financial analyst perspective

Pros

Once we fully understood the various components this system is very easy to get around...invoicing for "invoiceable" items became very transparent and simplified. We moved from a completely Excel based system of study 'trackers' to CTMS and we're currently working a blend of both Excel & CTMS. Having the data at our fingertips without having to wait for month end processing was a strong argument for going with this model. The consultants were awesome and understood our current state business processes, working diligently with us to create the current CTMS business process.

Cons

I think the reporting could be more dynamic. I'd like to be able to have trending report; also reports that provide multiple 'answers' on just one report. This can be done, but not currently as a 'one stop report'. Time cards are coming in the next release...this was a high priority for us in choosing Clinical Conductor...not a con per se, but have not seen the final product yet.

Michelle from Bradenton Research Center, Inc.

Site Manager

We moved over from Study Manager to CC about 10 years ago as the financials were so much more and extremely easy to use. The customer service and training is exceptional. The company really thinks about the sites and users and always makes updates to the system.

Pros

Ability to capture all aspects of the study, the site needs and financials.

Cons

really there is so much to offer that you find that you are never really sure how to work the system. When changes are made (really good as they are thinking of the users), it makes it hard because not all of the changes work with the way you did something before the change.

Suzanne from Infinity Clinical Research, LLC

Industry: Research

Infinity loves Clinical Conductor!

My owner is in another state and he can see everything from his computer that we are doing and can do his own reports....this is an amazing program!

Pros

You build your study in the beginning and everything is easy from there on out, like scheduling the appointments, stipends are automatically populated per patient! The reports that you can generate with a couple clicks makes our job so easy!!

Cons

Actually, I can't think of anything, I have always been so grateful to our owners that they picked this awesome program!!

Ryan from Circuit Clinical

Industry: Research

Comprehensive but limited in efficiency

Pros

Comprehensive Lots of functionality Staff is helpful and responsive Somewhat intuitive

Cons

-Too many features that are not connected with each other. Lots of functionality exists but there is a lack of coordination between them. I find myself asking "Why wouldn't they link these two things?" -Biggest complaint is that you need CCE and CCS to have a truly integrated system (expensive). Otherwise, you have to use work arounds to get the solution you need.

Jennifer from CBAM

CC Review

Pros

We purchased this program primarily for the scheduling functions. Coordinating multiple clinical trials in a small space with visits requiring patients to see multiple staff in multiple rooms requires more sophistication than we could manage. Having a program that schedules each element for us saves time and ensures that we are using staff and space as efficiently as possible.

Cons

The software is incredibly detailed, but that also makes it complicated. We've found that it generally takes staff 3-6 months to become proficient in navigating the system and even longer for staff to master it.

Marie from Central Kentucky Research Associates

Review of Clinical Conductor use

I had the privilege of being one of the first sites to get up and running and be trained by someone from Clinical Conductor at our office. It was still fairly new and had kinks to be worked out but over the years it has grown so much. I really like how when they get ready to do an update sometimes they will use our site as the one to test it out on first. I think they know I will be the one to say something first. LOL I feel like a part of the Clinical Conductor family and feel as if I helped change and come up with new ways and things this system can do because I based it on our system before CC and what that system could do and when we went live I saw things I felt CC could do even better. Like any new system there are kinks to work out even when they have updates, you don't know what or how it is going to really affect things until it comes out and the sites try it. If other sites are like me I play around with it to see how things work or not work and if I see where something would be better due to the fact that I work on CC so much I call or email them and share my ideas with them. They are very accommodating to suggestions to see how they can make it happen. Once they take it to the programmers and if the programmer does not see that the system can do it they usually try and come up with something very similar. Love working with the people at CC. You work with them so much and for so long you get attached to them. They know when I call I really need them or I have a problem, then sometimes I go for a while before they hear from me. It also make me feel very special when I call and they know who I am by my voice. The Dutchess I am called by some, I like that. lol

Deborah from Providence Health Partners

Clinical Conductor Review

The financial reports are helpful to our accounting department. We have used this program for many years and it has been getting better and more useful as we learn more on how to use it ourself.

Pros

We heavily rely on the schedule portion and it is fairly easy to use. Many improvements over the years that have made it even better.

Cons

A few more shortcuts would help especially in demographics entry.

Rossmeri from Altus Research

Highly customizable

Its great for prescreening study subjects. Keeping detailed study financials.

Pros

You can find several ways to use the software features to fit your site processes

Cons

Its very 'click' heavy and requires function- specific staff training and practice to become proficient. Said differently, it is not intuitive and you need someone to teach how to use it well.

Melinda from Alabama Clinical Therapeutics, LLC

Best CTMS system we've ever had.

Patient visits, Dr. Payments, Invoicing, Scheduling, basically everything.

Pros

It does everything you can imagine you would need to run clinical trials. I learn something new weekly about this system.

Cons

The price of the system, and that you are limited on the number of studies.

Elizabeth from The Geneva Foundation

Industry: Research

Great for managing a study

Overall, this is an excellent application that helps you stay organized when managing a trial.

Pros

Cons

It’s a bit hard to learn at first, there’s so much you can do with it. Once you get the hang of it it’s great.

Wendy from Peters Medical Research

CC

Tech support is AMAZING

Pros

Web based allows for access remotely from anywhere

Margaret from MARGInc

CC

Pros

Easy to navigate to different pages. Easy to keep track of patients.

Happy User

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and user friendly.

Cons

It would be helpful if the system tracked manual payments, especially travel.

Jennifer from Providence Health Partners

Easiest program to learn and maneuverable friendly. Scheduling made easy.

We use Clinical Conductor in our research dept here at Providence. I have not been using this program very long, going on five to six months now. This was the easiest program I have ever learned. There are multiple ways to find subjects. Scheduling them is easy and you have the ability to schedule subjects noting what visit in the study they will be coming in for. We can also specify if the subject's visit will be via phone or in the clinic. We also have the ability to put in AS MUCH info about the subject as we can. Contact info. Demographic info. Diagnosis etc. We can block time in a similar manner if we need to book a conference room for a monitor meeting. Scheduling is easy. I prefer to manually schedule. Basically, you review the site calendar. Find the subject, note you would like to schedule manually. Pick the date and the time. A few clicks of the mouse and the subject is scheduled also noting what visit # for the study the subject is coming in for. Easy to reschedule subjects as well. This program stores a lot of info , is easy to learn and maneuver, ability to do A LOT simply.

Pros

How easy it is to learn and navigate and the different ways you can search for a subject, either by study, by name, etc. How the system allows you to put in a lot of information about the subject.

Cons

Honestly, I am pretty satisfied with the software.

Melinda from Alabama Clinical Therapeutics,

Industry: Research

ACT loves this management system.

We used another system, and this one is much more user-friendly. The updates continue to improve it.

Good, searching can improve

Pros

Huge data base filtering options, handles thousand of patients easily, custom dashboard

Cons

Searching can improve, this is the only bad thing I cant think of

July 2014

Adam from Rochester Clinical Research, Inc.

July 2014

One of the better CTMS systems out there.

Over our 20 year history we've used paper, excel, outlook calendars, and then,. 3 different CTMS programs. We were ready to throw in the towel and go back to excel and outlook when we found Clinical Conductor. Naturally, the use of a CTMS system is meant to help you manage your workload but what really stands out about CC is the operational and financial insight it gives me. Being able to see what my business is accruing financially at any given time, day or night, is awesome. Being able to determine at what capacity my staff is operating at has been huge. The customer service is amazing. Very responsive. CC is an evolving product - it gets better and better. One issue with CC is that because the system is so powerful, there is a longer learning curve and it takes a little more time to figure out how to get the data you want. But that's what you have customer service for!

Erika from Jean Brown Research

Clinical Conductor

Over all Clinical Conductor is an amazing program. It has so many features and capablities that it can seem somewhat overwhelming. It captures everything you can possibly think of in the ways of Clinical Research, from Recruiting, Managing Appointments, and the Financial side of things as well. CC can be easy to use with the proper training but it definitely takes a lot of brain power for one person to understand all aspects of the program. For our site, I would say it has been challenging to get everyone on board with using it to it's full potential. Customer Service is great but sometimes the turn around for answers to questions can be longer than expected.

August 2014

Ann from PPCP

August 2014

Review of Clinical Conductor CTMS

We could not have tracked our finances to the success they are today without Clinical Conductor! Clinical Conductor has been an indispensable tool that has helped us get our finances in order, improve our ability to negotiate with sponsors, streamline our patient payments and so much more. Since establishing our business relationship with Clinical Conductor we have been able to track our receivables and collect thousands of dollars we would have otherwise lost. Additionally, the support team is wonderful, and are always available to help answer questions and provide training on how to use the application.

Kimberly from Urology of Indiana

Research Department

Pros

The customer service is absolutely impeccable.

Cons

It got to be very confusing to me to navigate the system. I felt that it took too many clicks to find what you are looking for, and difficult to RE- navigate myself back to find the information again.

James from The Corvallis Clinic

Best CTMS out there

We have used CC for quite a number of years now, and we know there are a lot of different options out there. What truly makes CC different from the rest is the level of customer service they provide for their clients. If you want a change, you can almost guarantee that it will happen in the next release. Their training is great and keeps everyone up to speed on the great changes. All modules we utilize are exactly what we need.

Jen from NPA

Easy to Use

I like this CTMS much better than others I have tried. It's easier to use and has more of the functions I need.