• Pros

• "It was extremely easy to implement and hit the ground running with minimal training. We love it!"

• "I like the simplicity and ease of use. It takes no time at all to learn it, and it is easily adaptable. Customer service rocks!"

• "Easy to use overall. Price is reasonable. Scalable as you grow."

• Cons

• "The time it takes to have a new employee trained up to the administrator level can be tedious, however its worth it, to have another capable hands on deck makes the job a lot more efficient "

• "There are a lot of functions and options that you need to narrow down and tweak before it starts to click, at least that's how it was for me."

• "The array of software available has some major overlaps in features. Support for Canadian products are great but are not integrated with the regular support team."

Browse Maintenance Connection Reviews

Kevin from Pentair Aquatic Systems

Software Review

I highly recommend purchasing this program for any company that needs to track their equipment. This can track your hours, parts used & stocked, purchase history, equipment history, PMs and have all your vendors and manufactures a click away.

Pros

This is a very good CMMS. I have worked with several since 1985. Maintenance Connection's gold is in the reports. No other program offers this type of option. It cannot be beet. As a super-user I can tell you the reports function gives you every possible option to track your documentation and report it to those that need it.

Cons

The MC University training program needs help. I have been very dissatisfied with it. They do not take into account actual uses of the program. The writer probably hasn't actually used the program in real world as I have for 12 years.

David from News Corp Australia

Industry: Newspapers

Benefits of using Maintenance Connection

We are using the desktop version to plan and analyse our PM strategy and work orders. The trades staff on the floor use the mobile version which will run on most tablets via a standard browser at all our plants to record all breakdowns of assets which is then analysed each month to identify reoccuring faults or assets that are regularly failing. A strategy is then put in place to eliminate the root cause of the issue. The trades staff can also access asset information via the tablet (such as manuals, procedures) that are directly linked to the asset or the work order. We are now seeing huge gains in efficiencies in the inventory section of our business due to the automatic reorder functionality for inventory as the trades staff directly book out parts used. once a work order is entered on the tablet, the trades staff can look up parts that are used on that asset and see how many of those parts are in stock and the location of the bin in the store .

Pros

The ease of use in the configuration of MC is far better than what I experienced with different vendor. Most user options are a setting that the local administrator can change via a tick box option. The in built reporting and dashboard suite are very easy to pick up and customise reports and dashboards to your companies individual needs

Cons

The only problem I have found with the software is now that we are starting to use more features of the program at a higher level we are finding small bugs. These bugs don't affect the basic functionality and the support staff are brilliant in identifying the issues and passing the issues on to the developers to develop a fix.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied November 2018

David, Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you love the automatic parts reordering feature! Thank you for being a Maintenance Connection customer. All the best,

Roy from County of Santa Barbara

Maintenance Connection used by local government

The County of Santa Barbara has been using the software for approximately 5 years. We use it for all our work orders. The navigation is good. We use it for preventive maintenance. The software can do a lot more than we need. The reporting is just "OK". This is the area they can improve on. A great feature is, we store all our building blue prints in the software and we are starting to put in service manuals. This way the maintenance staff can see the prints and the manuals when he gets a work order on his smart phone. The initial installation of the software was the fastest I have ever seen just a few hours for the webservers and sql server. Putting the data in the software takes years and we will be inputting more data every year. The navigation tree is great,,,, like windows explorer,,, easy to move around in the software, things are easy to find. Good software product.

Pros

Ease of navigations , ability to upload prints, manuals and pictures.

Cons

Reporting is not easy

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied March 2017

Hello Roy, Thank you for taking the time to give a thorough review of your experience using Maintenance Connection CMMS. We pride ourselves on successful implementation for all customers and are glad to hear your installation experience was smooth and fast. Additionally, its great to hear that you find our navigation to be simple and easy to find what youre looking for. Our Customer Success team will reach out to you directly to understand your needs and feedback regarding reporting, and to share with you the reporting enhancements we have planned. Thank you again for your positive feedback, we always love to hear what customers think! -Carissa

Emily from Cree Inc

Industry: Facilities Services

This is a good product and the company really stands behind it. I have used competitor software and it doesn't have the same capabilities that MC does.

Pros

It is visually appealing and not too cluttered like competitor software. The average user can get started quickly with a short introduction.

Cons

Running scripts is complicated. I have had to reach out to support to help with the SQL. More push button options would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Maintenance Connection

This product is more affordable and does what we need it to do.

Steven from NC Bev

Industry: Industrial Automation

limited usefulness with Ipads

Our technicians use Ipads to access the program, and they are very limited in what they can see and do. When work orders are in a complete status, they are not easily accessible form the ipads, which limits the information the next shift has to see what has been done. The work orders only have a very small text line so it is awkward to type in and to see detailed notes or reports from the Ipads. Since the techs cannot access the information, the reports tend to be very brief and lack details that could help other techs if the same problem comes up again. The company wants to save money on the number of computer logins, so techs do not have regular access to see the work orders on a computer, and the program works differently between the Ipad and computer so they cannot use the computer efficiently when they do manage to get access through one. I have tech level access, but still receive automated reports which can be helpful to see what is going on; I do not see what flexibility there is with creating new reports or using the program to track specific techs or shifts.

Pros

It is helpful in tracking work that needs to be done. It makes assigning projects to specific technicians easy, and tracking how long it takes to complete projects.

Cons

Tablet program is awkward and very limited use when used on its own.

Joanna from SRG Global

CMMS Software You Can Use

We have been able to implement MTBF tracking and starting to analyze the data we've been collecting to help put the top issues to rest. Their customer service team is top-notch, they are there to answer any questions or issues you might have. Kudos to them and all of their quick responses!!

Pros

The simplicity of initial setup and the ease of daily use is one of the best things about Maintenance Connection. The software is very intuitive and is designed with the end-user in mind. Their community area (MC User Connect) is a great part of the package - there's a Product Suggestion area, on-demand learning videos, and a library that holds a great amount of instruction if needed.

Cons

If you are using Maintenance Connection to connect multiple locations or facilities under one system, there are some areas of the software that need to be location specific, such as Failures - all 8 of my facilities do not share the same failure codes - we each have different equipment and machinery.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied November 2018

Thank you so much for the great review, Joanna! We're so glad you're a Maintenance Connection customer. Thank you!

Chris from L&R Industries Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great user friendly product!

Uptime on equipment has improved, we are able to track the work and expense on our assets better to make more informed decisions on whether to upgrade or replace certain items. When I went to analyze the business needs and searched for a vendor to partner with to help with our maintenance tracking needs, Maintenance Connection was their from the beginning and still to this day help with any needs that we may need, our rep even just checks in to see how things are going and if we need anything. This kind of customer service is dwindling

Pros

1. Customer service is fantastic 2. User friendly 3. Easy to manipulate the data 4. Reporting is great, lots of options 5. Customizable to the user 6. Mobile friendly application

Cons

N/A Really have no complaints. I just hope that the company that bought them does not deviate from the high level of service that we have experienced since purchasing the software.

Reasons for Choosing Maintenance Connection

Had the best options, was not the cheapest software. However it has outperformed any others that I have worked with in my past.

Douglas from New Power

MC has been very helpful in building a maintenance management system from the ground up

Helps me manage my maintenance items and spare parts on a day to day basis

Pros

The flexibility built into the software is very nice. It is easy to customize forms and make the software work towards your advantage.

Cons

It would be nice to see more attention directed to non-cloud based users. It is hard to take advantage of all of the features of the software as a non-cloud based user.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied February 2018

Hey thanks for your great review, Douglas! We love to hear that the system makes your job easier! I also wanted to let you know that one of our top priorities for this year is bridging the gap between cloud & non-cloud features - We want everyone to have the same, enjoyable experience! Thank you for your honest feedback! Maintenance Connection

Duane from Reliance Steel & Aluminum

Great Software for a Reasonable Cost

Pros

This software provides everything your maintenance programs needs and more, for an incredibly reasonable price.

Cons

Not really any complaints at all. It works very well.

Jordane from Jay's Tutoring Service

Benefits and minor flaws

High potential software that provides great services for inventory type companies.

Pros

Management of all the subsystems of the company is handled using Maintenance Connection. Although it requires much aid and experience with the application, once mastered, it provides an arsenal of tools to keep a check of all facilities and services of the engineering department.

Cons

Contacting support can sometimes take prolonged periods compared to other software. On successful communication, they provide comprehensive solutions to any problems experienced.

August 2011

Carin from EOG Resources

August 2011

MC Review by EOG Resources

I will recommend MC to anyone. There's so much that you can do with this program, it amazes me that I find something new each week. We track: Asset Moves, Calculate Usage Fees for Equipment, Track Run Hours, PM Schedule, Labor Records, plus many more. We have spent more money than expected in custom work, but support has worked well with getting everything needed, minimized the cost and/or came up with better solutions. The support team, especially who I deal with on a regular basis, throwing new ideas at (Arlene, Randy and Dan), are all extremely helpful. MC tracks more than what we originally planned for, maintains a good schedule, and will soon be company wide here at EOG. Different divisions all over the US with EOG have heard so much about how it's helped the South, that I've been getting phone calls and emails asking, How does it work? What do we need to do? Do you think it will help? etc... Definitely has been well worth the money spent and has saved us a lot of money in return.

Pros

Maintenance Connection (MC), has definitely helped us keep track of our equipment in the field. Our maintenance records are much easier to get to and review. We are able to diagnose and stop prevent future crashes based off the history reports. We have minimzed our spreadsheet use. I myself have stop using over 15 spreadsheets. We've been able to export our reports and link to a small access database to run numbers for accounting. This normally took everyone 1-2 weeks and now MC has allowed us to cut our time back to 1 day. Our company has to deal with State Regulations for Emissions/Greenhouse Gas. We've been able to implement so many flags to make sure we stay on top of our testing, run hours and our facility emissions. MC has been very flexible on what we can add, change and customize to fit our needs.

Cons

Based on how MC was initially set up, we've had to make quit a few customizations to the program to fit our needs. We have several more projects in works now. The program is set up to do what we want, but the way our company is set up, we have to take different steps to get to that end result. In the end, it cost a little more for each customization. I would definitely like to see, in the future, an easier way to keep the overall history in an upgrade would be nice, to fit our needs better when we have Assets and Parent Locations they change often.

Rebecca from Super Store Industries

MC is robust if you know it & have the time, else it is a basic tool for your shop to manage itself.

Pros

The potential behind this software is impressive. One of our facilities have been using M/C for years and the manager uses this as his one stop shop for everything he works on... from the largest capital projects (complete project management) to the simplest PO order. Managing our inventory, parts, equipment and labor - so much information is available via reporting and historically; it truly makes a difference when evaluating products, requests, resources or incidents. Bottom line, the success of this software, it is about how much time, energy and effort you want to put forth and how much support you have from your up line.

Cons

Support. Routing calls to support or relying on support response can be frustrating. They have some amazing and brilliant people within the support group, please realize that - but getting to them or navigating through the phone system to leave a message is aggravating. More, it is irksome that if I do talk with someone they ask me if I looked on their help page first. Sometimes, that is not enough and I should not be shamed because they are being called.

Lisa from Clarkson University

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Maintenance Connection is by far the top of line in support, functionality, ease of use, and overall facilities management.

As the software analyst for Facilities and Services, my first task was to upgrade the current system to a web version. The upgrade went fairly well until we moved to paperless, which included ipads for technicians. We found many limitations that were put on the software and I was forced to make work arounds in order to operate. After a year of frustration and complaints not only by our department but, by users putting in requests, I was given the task of researching other software vendors. We looked at many of the top ten facilities management software packages. Some vendors even came on campus to demo their product. The minute we looked at maintenance connection, we were sold. Here are some of the key points that we found different about maintenance connection. First thing that caught my attention was the fact that there are demo's and how to's on you tube. They are out there for everyone to see. It's not a secret. This told me they are open and not one of those companies that wants you to pay them just to show you functionality. The next selling point was the fact that the requestor can put in a request from any device. They can log into the requestor on their cell phone, ipad, chrome book.... There is not extra module to buy for that. Once I found these items, I set up a demo with them. The person that did the demo was amazing. He wasn't just a salesman, he knew the software and could answer questions about it. This is something I had never seen before. When he demo'd the calendar function (you can assign techs on a calendar), the maintenance manager got very excited. When he showed how easy it was to change a field name just by right clicking on it. I shed a tear. I couldn't help it. I was in front of all my coworkers and didn't want to show emotion but, I was overwhelmed by just how easy everything is. This software is a system admin dream. Six of us went to the user conference this week and all six of us came back with very happy faces and so much excitement. I could go on and on about how wonderful this software is. If you have struggled with your facilities management software, just look up maintenance connection on you tube. If that doesn't convince you, let them demo the software for you. You will be truly amazed!!!!!

Kelly from Pegasus Optimization Managers, LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

MC better than Maximo? I think so!

Pros

I was first introduced to Maintenance Connection in 2007. In the world of software development, that was a lifetime ago. It was a solid package back then, but I have since watched it bloom into the most highly rated CMMS software on Gartner's Magic Quadrant. What happened? In my opinion, the key to that success was rapid deployment of a mobile solution as well as well-executed integrations with other systems (especially ERPs). The power of Maintenance Connection (MC) is only effective if you can take it on the road with you and incorporate it with your other software solutions. TCO is also a huge factor with software implementation/ongoing maintenance and I believe MC is a decent value.

Cons

We often had issues with using different browsers as well as browser updates. I have moved onto another company and no longer use MC, so I'm not sure if they have put additional resources on that to ensure those bugs are kept to a minimum. Be sure to ask about that if you are considering this software.

CMMS Software

Overall I think it's a wonderful CMMS Software package. The offer cloud service and have great customer service that will remote in with you and walk you through any problem you may have. I haven't worked with the back-end, but as far as creating assets, work orders and reports it doesn't get much easier.

Pros

The reports module is a beast! If you have ever had to create a report using Crystal Reports before you understand how complex reporting can get. Maintenance Connection makes creating reports simple to do. You do not have to be a wiz at SQL to create very sophisticated reports. I also like that I can copy or clone just about anything in the database. This makes asset creation and pm schedule creation very easy.

Cons

We are not using the most current version, so the issues we experience are likely resolved. That being said, trying to export reports to pdf was buggy at first but seems to have cleared up. I also wish there was a way to create a bulletin (and there may be) that would alert you to whenever a new rule was created, changed etc... because sometimes new rules can cause work order generation issues and it's often the last thing looked at.

Michael from Rittal Corporation

Great way to track asset maintenance

I have used this software for 10 years as both a maintenance supervisor and as a preventative maintenance coordinator. Customer service is fantastic.

Pros

The available features: work order system, preventative maintenance scheduling/tracking, purchase order processing, and asset management. Many features are available for a wide variety of applications. Their customer service is second to none in similar kinds of software.

Cons

Some of the ways that specific features of the program don't interact with each other very well or something that seems easier to execute takes additional steps or mouse clicks to complete. Since the last update, I have noticed more problems - I am not a huge fan of the update. I also don't like being forced to track the majority of work orders by target dates.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied October 2018

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We're glad that you love the product support! Don't hesitate to reach out to Support@maintenanceconnection.com if there's anything we can do to help. - The Maintenance Connection Team

Mark from Fastenal Manufacturing

Industry: Machinery

Great. It's been a Godsend for me.

It helps the maintenance department and me stay organized.

Pros

I'm audited quite frequently by our customers and each one I've shown the maintenance Connection Program to has liked it. I can virtually run our maintenance department without physically being there which really helps me keep tabs when I'm on vacation. The inventory module forces us to be organized which helps with the 6S program.

Cons

We are a cloud user and I think it's mainly because of our company securities, I have to store my documents on a Google drive and link it in. The only one-on-one training I've had was when the bus traveled to MPLS. They don't seem to get close to the upper Midwest.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Mark! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Patrick from Placer County Water Agency

Great Product / Excellent Support

Maintenance Connection has given us the ability to progressively change much of our maintenance culture from reactive to preventative. It is an excellent tool that provides our teams the means to better troubleshooting and preparedness, leading directly to increased efficiency. Having the flexibility to form this product to our work flow and process is invaluable.

Pros

Ability to adapt to our maintenance needs.

Cons

Waiting for product suggestions to materialize. Would like it to completely integrate with our financial system

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied May 2017

Thank you for your comments Patrick! It's great to hear that Maintenance Connection's software has had such a positive impact on your organizations maintenance processes. We take our customer's product suggestions seriously and our Product Development team considers each one carefully. As far as integration with financial system's, we currently provide integration options via our Web API and Project Development Services. Our customer success team will be in touch soon to further discuss your comments.

Kristi from HMCAA

Easy to Organize and Use

Pros

Maintenance Connection allows us to keep all of our assets organized and structure our asset tree as we see fit. All work is documented and saved. We can have all cost, downtime, and other asset information together in one place. This program works well if you have everyone putting in an effort to utilize the different features that it offers.

Cons

Customizing reports can be difficult if you don't know what you are doing or how you want it or have to many factors that you need. However, customer service is a huge help and can usually help you customize your report.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Kristi! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Tim from Exelon Wind

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Work orders and procedures are great, reporting is complicated

Overall on a day to day basis, it works out very well. When it comes to Asset management, it has to be done correctly from the beginning, otherwise there's no way to fix it later. This is suppose to be useful for every employee but it seems you need specialists in your company to handle reporting and troubleshooting.

Pros

Creating work orders, both automatically and manually are very easy. Adding time and creating procedures to add to work orders are easy too.

Cons

Creating a report to show specific data always requires that i get assistance from customer support whom shows me what seems like hidden features in the software and uses terms im not familiar with. Offline version has problems with loading or not pulling a work order when it fits all the requirements, and then releasing it back to CMMS takes a long time.

Len from District of West Vancouver

Flexibility is the Key

We're attempting to implement full CMMS, no information to remain in a silo. All updates are realtime reported through BI

Pros

I love the simple interface the crews use to enter data - TWC. I love the Asset Spec section - flexible and easy to expand. The ability to write rules adds even more flexibility and work automation to the software. Attaching more than one asset to a work order and the ability to use data hub is very important to us. The ability for procedures to update asset specs is another biggy

Cons

The integration with GIS...it's weak. Reporting could be improved we are now using BI to pull data from Asset Specs - Qlik Sense The process of adding more than one asset needs to be improved Enter time needs to be more flexible - more fields

Boyd from Elite Line Services

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

By far the best value CMMS

The Maintenance Connection support team is wonderful. They help you get to the solution you need and they don't nickle and dime you with extra charges like some of their competitors.

Pros

The Maintenance Connection reporting engine is outstanding. It is very easy to create custom reports yourself without having to pay a third party consultant. The "Smart Reports" feature lets the user link directly back to source data. For example, if you have a purchasing report with all the POs for the month, you can click on a line item and be taken directly to the specific PO in question. Same with work orders...

Cons

No cons at the moment. It seems when you run into an issue or a needed enhancement, the Maintenance Connection Team listens and fixes the problem.

Erin from Killington Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC

Excited to learn more!!

We are excited to see the full potential of this software in our environment. It was purchased over years ago and we are really just beginning to use it primarily for our vehicles at this point. We look forward to using it for our lifts and hopefully our facilities, as well. Customer service is great. I feel the MCU should be included in the annual subscription. The videos and technical help is not as helpful as calling. Videos like the ones used in Lynda.com would be more helpful. I think the checkpoint is great, but feel the sessions go too fast and should be a little more in depth. They have to move fast to stay on schedule, so maybe recording them and posting after the event or even sending to attendees afterward. Possibly even sell as a one time subscription to businesses that didn't attend??

Pros

CUstomer service is awesome, comprehensive reports, great for asset management, etc.

Cons

Not intuitive, ease of online help.

Melissa from Winona Health

MC has taken our asset inventory to a level of detail we never thought would be possible.

Pros

The amount of information that you can customize and set up to run as a report or export to excel has been a game changer. We keep track of cost of repair per asset and when we need to evaluate equipment. It is so easy to pull this information and track how much we have spent. We haven't come across any information we can't capture. Customer support, tech support and the forums are quick, reliable resources for support and instruction.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see is the serial number available on our work orders in addition to asset id. The global search is a great addition, but it seems to still need more work. It doesn't 'find' what I am looking for quite often.

To combine a good piece of software with a great team makes it great.

Ease of use, excellent customer support, and unparalleled reporting.

Pros

The software is web based and hosted so for our money this takes the burden off of our IT department. This along with their superior customer support gives us confidence that the software will flex to our needs. The reporting tools stands out also. There is nothing that can't be found through a report. The ability to customize reports puts a personal touch to each one.

Cons

As with everything there is a cost associated with it. Along those lines, the separation of mobile. It would be nice if MC Express what just part of the overall package. Having to purchase Add-ons is not something that is usually in the cards.

Aaron from City of Orlando Water Reclamation

Industry: Environmental Services

Simply the best solution for any business that has things to to buy, maintain, or replace.

Integration with our other software makes information flow accurate and easy. Reports help point us in the direction we need to go, and notifications make sure that everyone knows the same thing.

Pros

Notifications, and reporting help make great decisions on what's important. Accurate and easy to understand information help organize and direct the people that perform the work.

Cons

A full GIS integration on the mobile platform. Having a map of the area, to start your WO would be a great benefit to those who aren't in the office.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Aaron! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

June 2016

Hal from South Coast Water District

June 2016

Maintenance Connection Review

My experience with working with the Maintenance Connection is been excellent, our Maintenance Crews can spend more time preforming maintenance and use less time filling out a work order.

Pros

The software once you learn it, it becomes very easy to use. My personal experience has been that if Maintenance Connection is contracted for training, the training will pay-off. M/C and I trained 65 District employees and I've only had support 3 questions, since the training classes 3 weeks ago...

Cons

The documentation module doesn't work as it should, a user should be able to cut and paste data into the program without losing the formatting of cut and paste .

Patty from Horizon North Logistics

Decent software package

Implemented a comprehensive computerized maintenance program at our company.

Pros

Flexibility - you can customize this software to work in many different businesses. Ability to set up different security access levels for different users.

Cons

Customer Support (Canada) When we asked questions that would help us in the basic set up of our assests on the program, they were not able to answer our questions but they did get a hold of a different client and they were able to help us. When we asked about how the security levels all related and a step by step, we were informed they have not competed that yet and to simply go in and try different options.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Patty, thank you so much for your feedback on what you like and dislike about the software - We really value your input. If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com

Brandon from Utilities

Heavy User

Customer service is great when there are issues with creating reports, ect. The problem is that the system is so non intuitive that it seems like even after using MC university and working with the system for 8 years I still pull my hair out trying to set up reports, change data fields, and get pictures to integrate properly...ect. It's a major head ache and causes a lot of wasted time. Honestly the interface is a nightmare, and without a sql coding genius on staff, it's impossible to make certain things work.

Pros

It's a powerful piece of software, lots of reporting capabilities.

Cons

Random bugs that have in the past caused loss of actual hours to work orders. The only way to recall the data was an entire data base roll back, which would cause even more harm to our system.

Eric from HTNA

Use it everyday, helps keep my maintenance team on time.

Allows me to keep my OEE above the company standard. Allows us to keep up with needed parts and helps reduce cost associated with preventative maintenance needs.

Pros

Flexible Inventory Setup, PM scheduling, Asset Tracking, ability to put more than one vendor to individual parts in inventory is a super plus. Ability to have multiple warehouse and shops also a plus.

Cons

Down time tracking not flexible - needs improvement. Some of the canned reports are not useful for our plants, would like to see more barcode integration.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback, Eric! We're glad that the system helps your OEE exceed! By the way, we've included improved barcode integration in Version 8.0 of our latest software. Thank you again for your feedback!

Brooks from Viasat

Industry: Military

Customer service is the best part!

Ease of PM planning, ease of workorder management and direction to the team from a central system that everyone can use easily.

Pros

Ease of use and how in depth it is, 5 star customer service. How you can set up PM's to become auto generating and assigned to the proper people.

Cons

When opening up any option it opens a new page on the browser. Sometimes the system stops working while I'm in the middle of updating a process and I have re do the whole thing.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Brooks! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Bryann from Garnet USA

Industry: Mining & Metals

Easy to use & helpful support.

A more organized work order system, of which we had nothing before.

Pros

Easy to use! We manage over 100 pieces of equipment and over 3000 inventory items, so it's nice to have all of our data in one place. Reports are easy to create, and I have had nothing but excellent support from the help desk on several occasions.

Cons

No ability for the user to add multiple items (for example, inventory). It all has to be done by MC staff - would love if the option was available to us.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Bryann, thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear that we've been able to help your organization manage such a large inventory! We're hope we've been able to exceed your expectations.

Easy way to submit work orders to get things done!

Pros

As a user, I appreciate being able to submit and follow up on work orders sent to facilities. They are able to organize and assign tasks to their crew. It's easy to sign in and a user friendly interface

Cons

I am not sure from the programming end when it comes to formatting, but I was wondering if there was a way to save certain information. Currently, we have a complicated drop down menus for each section. It's complicated because there's so many categories, but I would like to have a "saved profile" for certain things like location, site and other features to make requests quicker.

Brook from Meritage Midstream Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

User friendly- easy to comprehend

Having a system to keep record and process an order- Purchase through Payment.

Pros

This software has been customized to fit our needs. Other software doesn't always allow that. Maintenance Connection has made extra portals just for us to use for purchasing, accounting and reporting. We have also had wonderful tech support throughout these add-ons/changes.

Cons

Sometimes the system is slow to update- it thinks a lot or even times out. When we are in a hurry to get an order out, I have to wait awhile for it to populate the information before I can issue. I wish it would update live.

October 2014

Holly from Bay Area Hospital

October 2014

Maintenance Connection Software Review

Pros

The vendor cannot be beat. They have the best customer service I have ever had, hands down. They are always timely and knowledgeable. I never have to wait very long for an answer and always have the friendliest and most helpful people assisting me. They have set an incredible standard, especially for this day and age. It's impressive to me as a new user. This product is very complex. It's user-friendly, but there are so many things is can do (more than I ever even knew). The training, assistant and knowledge base helps immensely.

Cons

Some of the forms seem easy to customize but after you talk to an expert at MC, you realize all of the backend things and changing one or two things in wording drills down to change other things. At first, I found it a little frustrating, but now I have a clearer understanding of this. I am always having people ask me questions about why this form says one thing or another or why this form is this way, etc. They think its a simple fix too when in fact, the behind-the-scenes work on it is not super simple. It's not a bad thing, but just takes some understanding of the product to make sense of it.

Aaron from City of Orlando Water Reclamation

Best Supported Software We've Ever Had

Pros

It's ability to notify people, organize work flows, and provide the information that is needed to everyone that uses it.

Cons

Support for the Canadian products (Tablet Hybrid) is not at the same level as the core company. If the Canadian support team had the responsiveness I've become accustomed too, then this wouldn't be a con.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied January 2018

Aaron, thanks so much for your stellar review! We're glad to hear that you love the support! We're hard at work behind the scenes to make sure that the Canadian products are supported at the same level you're used to with the US products :) Thanks for being a loyal customer!

Paul from County of Maui

Great functionality and ease of customization for tracking asset maintenance.

Pros

It is very simple and easy to customize, hide, add additional fields specific to our operation. Very user friendly and intuitive to use for many employees. Easy one button clicks and drop downs to reduce confusion and inconsistent information being input into the system. Reporting can be customized and used to edit, open, manage records.

Cons

Custom and advanced features can be tricky sometimes, but customer support is always there free of charge to come to my aid when I am stuck. And helps to teach as well.

Brook from Meritage Midstream Services

All in one software

They have the best customer support team. We have asked to customize so many things and they always find a way to accommodate us and what we are trying to do.

Pros

This software has options to do most everything. We use this not only for maintenance but we do P.O. and work orders for purchasing and procurement. We also now store doc control through this and keep track of receiving/accounting for both USD and CAD.

Cons

The only thing they could add would be a payment portal. Then you could purchase to pay and house everything in one place.

Anthony from Verizon Wireless

Industry: Wireless

Functional and easy to operate

I don't have to manage work order progress manually through an excel file. I have historical data at my fingertips

Pros

Reporting is easy, and can export into CSV files. I also like that I can email the report directly to the requester.

Cons

I see every report for every area. It would be nice to add or delete reports that only apply to my section

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied February 2018

Thanks for your great review, Anthony! We're glad that you love the reporting module! If you ever need help with setting up your reports feel free to submit a support ticket and one of our experts will be happy to help :) Thanks! Maintenance Connection

Bryan from Tucker Energy Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

MC is one of the most versatile and innovative software ever used

Pros

MC is a very versatile product. It has enabled me to enhance the productivity and overall performance of my department in the shortest space of time. MC software has the ability to provide third party support and offers the options to link these as well, making the overall experience more user friendly

Chris from Royal Palms

Expedites the process of work orders

Quicker service and easier and faster gathering of information for the job.

Pros

We are able to quickly get and understand the needs of the residents to give them a quicker and better result of their needs.

Cons

The overload of information and reports that can be generated by Maintenance Connection can be overwhelming. There are so many options for reports, you can lose yourself in reports sometimes. But, you need them there because everyone is looking for other options.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Chris, thanks for leaving us your feedback! It's great to hear that it speeds up the job!

casey from Alcor

Very user friendly, easy to train other employees in the system

Pros

How visually clean everything is, for example the Asset Tree.. Preventative Maintenance Schedules are easy to set up and manipulate/edit when required

Cons

The frequent glitches and when the system goes down without warning. occasionally can be difficult to ensure proper criteria is being pulled in the reports

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Casey! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Stewart from Cold Logic

Great program with more than enough options to satisfy the most demanding of users.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly. Everything from entering work orders to printing off detailed reports is quite intuitive. I particularly appretiate the asset history records.

Cons

Printing off task lists in a readable format can be tricky from the software. There are however several export options available which complete the process adequately.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied February 2018

Hey Stewart, thanks for leaving such a great review! We're glad to hear that the system helps you easily find the data you need! Thanks for being a loyal customer! Maintenance Connection

Kirstin from Holmes Western Oil Corporation

Everyday User

We use Maintenance Connection differently than most companies. This houses our entire oil field's assets and monitors work done on them. I like that we can keep an eye on things. I wish it allowed for a little more flexibility.

Pros

I like that it follows a linear approach to having work orders and PMs and the asset tree.

Cons

It is difficult to get the results i am looking for when using reports. It also makes it difficult to amend certain things. Our program needs restructured and that daunting task is not something i am looking forward to.

MJ from Rittal Corp.

Worthwhile Program!

We've been using Maintenance Connection since 2008 and it has helped us better our maintenance practices and tracking. Customer service is by far one of the best features MC offers. If you submit a request... you get an answer in a timely response!

Pros

Easy to use if everything is set up correctly

Cons

The reporting function is cumbersome to navigate I'd rather have more keyboard functionality as opposed to clicking with a mouse

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied May 2017

Thank you for your recent comments MJ! Great to see our long-time customers experiencing continued benefits from using our software. We hear similar feedback from other customers about the reporting function. Reports are often copied and the reporter quickly becomes bogged down with too many reports. We do offer a reports clean-up to help with this, we also have over 30 articles pertaining to reports in the library on MC User Connect, as we ll as a dedicated course in MC University. Our customer success team will reach out soon to connect with you about your concerns.

John from Kodiak Gas Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

MC allows me to do my job; I'd be lost without it.

I couldn't do my job without Maintenance Connection.

Pros

Customized reports allow for an endless variety of information, and enable my company to make informed decisions.

Cons

The lack of customization options without paying additional money make us think outside of the box to sometimes get what we need.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, John! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Antonio from Universidad de Oriente - Venezuela

It helps me to have better control and maintenance of our servers

Pros

It is one of our most comfortable applications to keep track of equipment inventories, fix maintenance, with an excellent graphic interface that allows the best management of the program.

Cons

There are certain characteristics that do not work locally, such as communication with other databases of other maintenance programs, it is very closed in that sense

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied June 2018

Hello Antonio! Thank you so much for your positive review, we value your feedback. Thank you for being a loyal customer. Maintenance Connection Team

Brandon from McKesson Corp.

Industry: Warehousing

Greatest Software Ever

Trackability, ease of use, over all better PM functions, and availability of inventory from site to site.

Pros

Extremely User Friendly, Love it. Definitely Value Add. We have expanded our use from 3 DC's to now in 31 DC's nationwide.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable without extra costs involved. There are a bunch of fields within the Tasks tab on work orders that I would like to utilize for auditing but I would need to change the fields.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied July 2017

Brandon, what a great review! We're so glad to hear that your company has adopted the software!

William from SSAB

Industry: Building Materials

MC people are easy to get along with, very hopefully and most of all patient. The system works to.

promotion

Pros

Ease of use entering information. Ability to change the field names. Ability to make certain fields required and hide others. Being able to separate information based on things like repair center, shop, supervisor.

Cons

lack of customization per customer. Certain menus should be customized by customer and not MC required to make the changes.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Replied February 2018

Hey William, Thanks for the great review! We love having you as a customer and thank you for your honest feedback! Thanks, Maintenance Connection

Emily from Cree, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

Love, hate relationship. Most days are good and others not so much.

I don't really get a benefit from the software. It is simply what we have to use.

Pros

It has the potential to do a lot, we just don't know how to harness the power! It has many different modules.

Cons

It is not very customizable. Some things can be altered based on preference but it is a complicated process unless you request help from support. It also has a lot of quirks. When things go wrong I will reach out to the support team and they usually have to analyze code to diagnose and correct the problem.