Appernetic is a cloud-based website content management solution (wCMS) designed for small and midsize businesses. Key features include content design, digital asset management and version control.
A key feature of the solution is the static website generatorm which pre-designs website content rather than running queries in the CMS database which increases the page load speed.
With the help of Responsive Mobile first design, users can ensure that their websites are readable across all the devices including smartphones, desktops, tablets and laptops.
Oscar from Individual
- You have far more control over every aspect of your blog.
- Thanks to Hugo you generate your site about 50x faster than with any other static site generator.
- No installation of Ruby gems, git, database etc...
- It has a powerful content model out of the box.
- Disqus is integrated for blog comments.
- Use Zapier, Mailmunch or SumoMe with hugo-bootstrap-premium theme.
- No overcluttered user interface.
- You can add your custom domain name.
- Version controll.
- Sync with GitHub and your own computer.
- Support questions was answered fast and accurate.
- It was hard to find a theme that I liked.
- No asset pipeline. But this is only a concern if you are a developer and build your own themes and then it is not a problem because you already have built your own asset pipeline anyway.
- There is no easy way to add a plugin or extension engine to Hugo. But instead shortcodes, dynamic data sources, menus, syntax highlighting and tables of contents are all built.