• Pros

• "I like that it has everything in one place. Every department used to keep there own, and I think that centralizing our policies and procedures in PolicyTech has been a great move."

• "The videos are pretty good compared to some of the cheesy acting and scenario based video training you typically get in this space of compliance training. "

• "Customer support is fantastic. I appreciate the fact you ask your users to provide feedback. "

• Cons

• "While the system has robust abilities for management of documents, the interface is not very customizable. What you see is what you get."

• "UI can be improved a lot. the functionality is great but interface is lacking. "

• "Files recovery and revision history would be good to have there. Most other functionality looks great. But some more features can be added."

Browse NAVEX Global Reviews

Amanda from Spectrum Health

This has been a great document management software

Traceability of documents and ease of looking for previous version or changes that were made. As well as electronic approvals from required people.

Pros

I love the traceability this software has. You can see who has reviewed approved and rejected documents along with what was said for each step of the way. It is very nice for seeing who in our department has read a given document or what previous versions looked like or were linked to other documents. This has been great to be able to show our accreditation body.

Cons

It can be cumbersome or clunky sometimes. As we are a large organization we have a lot of documents stored in this system as well as historical records of documents for at least 5 years.

Decent Policy Control Functionality

Decent product - better than the manual, Word-based version we had created ourselves, however room for improvement for streamlined functionality.

Pros

This product has decent policy control functionality - with some areas that could use improvement. When used as intended, it has good policy/procedure control and predictability. There needs to be some finessing of steps to get the final product to the end user for approval without so many interactions with others. Greater mid-level control, not so much administrative control.

Cons

When a procedure is "in progress" it is very difficult to determine who has the procedure, what has been done to it, and in which step it is. It takes a decent amount of searching to determine where everything is, in what stage, and what has been done to it. I feel like the foundation of this product needs a functionality upgrade to assist with the hundreds of procedures we need to track and keep up to date. I should be able to determine, at any time, exactly how many procedures are in which state of modification. End users do not like being hit with individual email notifications of the need to go approve final policies - functionality needs to exist where we can notify end users of bulk approvals needed. This does not appear to exist, and we currently use an internal work-around, which is time consuming.

Suzanne from Equiscript

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy Document Product

Great customer service support. One of the best we have ever experienced.

Pros

We love Policy Tech...it is easy to use. It's great all our documents are in the same place, separated by department and easy to search. The periodic review and attestations are the most convience parts of the system. It helps us keep track without having to remember who did what.

Cons

There is nothing we really don't like. We learn something new everyday and it makes the experience ever better.

Reasons for Choosing NAVEX Global

Very user friendly and great customer service.

Travis from Wilson Electronics

We've used much better Learning Managment Systems

I cannot in good conscience recommend this product to colleagues or other businesses in the market for a compliance training system.

Pros

Cons

Customer Service is not helpful. Not to mention, It's very inflexible for how often you can access the training and it's very expensive to increase the number of courses or options for training.

Reasons for Choosing NAVEX Global

We initially chose NAVEX for the videos in their compliance training. Seemed to be more realistic than most of what we had seen previously.

Dianne from Kirby Medical Center

P&P Software Review

I have recommended this company to all of the people who have been referred to me and will continue to do so as long as the product meets our needs and exceeds our expectations - which I foresee happening for a very long time. Scott Dixon in sales was wonderful to work with from the beginning and still maintains contact with us - usually once the sales dept. in a company makes the sale, they're gone. Maria Poole and Cambri Longaker in Customer Support - WOW - awesome assistance!

Pros

Software extremely easy to work with; company frequently upgrades technology to expand features & increase ease of use; customer support is amazing - staff respond extremely fast with accurate solutions, friendly/helpful attitude & concerned follow-up; policy review reminders help us maintain up-to-date policies for general hospital operations as well as safe/efficient patient care; email feature ensures staff awareness of & compliance with new/revised policies; there are several efficient ways to search for policies - by department, by alphabetical title listing, by their status (e.g. Draft/In Review/In Approval/Approved/Archived) or by the general "Search" option, making it very easy to find policies; policy templates can be customized to the organization's preference; company took our status as a small rural hospital under consideration & worked with us to arrive at very affordable pricing; screen-sharing for trouble-shooting & learning the software so helpful!

Cons

Have experienced various "glitches" in the sytem that neither our internal IT staff nor Policy Manager Support Staff can figure out - don't know whether it's stemming from the software or developing internally from our servers. These occurrences are not very frequent & do not render the software unusable, it's just somewhat of a nuisance.

Linda from PSCU

Efficient, Familiar, and Succinct

Pros

NAVEXGlobal's document management solution, PolicyTech, is a wonderful system for any organization that is looking to implement controls over their documents without spending a fortune. The interface is user friendly and simple to learn for anyone who is accustomed to using folders on a computer. Navigation is straightforward and easy to understand. The approval workflow is customizable and allows for a wide range of variations. One of my favorite features is the Questionnaire that can be added to any document. This simple tool allows management to confirm that employees have actually reviewed the information that they need to know.

Mary from Holy Cross Hospital

Use of PPM for Staff and DCAs

- Highly recommended as with anything, the more you work with it, the easier it becomes - Recognition by external surveyors have commented positively on the availability of policies, and the look of the policies. One surveyor questioned, Why isnt everyone using this system? -

Pros

- User friendly - Integration with Word and Excel - Consistent with program intent (tracking/updating) - Technical/customer support team (problem solving, courteousness, follow through) - Help guides are excellent - Ease of back up, user manager, other administrative systems - Learning modules/webinars (although some are better than others) - Policy Share access (though I am concerned that anyone can access the policies without having a relationship with PPM ) - When updates/upgrades are made, tend to be useful - Use user feedback to improve/add features

Cons

- Some of the reports are cumbersome and not useful; improve filtering ability - Inability to set up customize reports that draw from all available fields - Basic document search features: having to go through each field to find documents (draft/in review/in approval) Note: this is somewhat resolved using the advanced Search function with all statuses, but could be improved upon - The basic document search needs to include document owner in the show/hide list so reports can be run from this list by owner (Note: submitted a Feature Request on 7/6/2011)

James from Client Technology Solutions LLC

The Microsoft Word integration makes it worth it.

All in all, this program has worked very well for our small company. It does what it says on the box, but when things go wrong, it’s hard to get them to work properly again.

Pros

The biggest pro is that PolicyTech integrates with Microsoft Word. It does have a small learning curve, but once you figure out how to do everything, it works flawlessly. We also like that there is the ability to audit if such a need arose. Being able to use it with mobile devices is very handy as well.

Cons

We just wish that support were a little bit better. We have had a few issues and they weren’t resolved as quickly as we had hoped. The cost could always be lower, but it’s at a fair price point for what you get.

Kelsey from Rural Health Group, Inc.

Gets the Job Done

Pros

I wouldn't say policytech is the top notch software to house your policies, but it definitely gets the job done. It serves its purpose for our company and it is easy to run reports to see who has not completed their assignments.

Cons

Only complaint would be that I wish it had more features instead of just hosing our corporate policies.

Matt from WebWorld

Helps with updating documents on the web browser

Pros

PolicyTech integrates well with the Microsoft documents. The documents can be updated using a web browser and we do not need tom update these by installing MS office applications. PolicyTech helps us to review and understand who has viewed the document for the reporting purpose.

Cons

Great tool to manage online documents. Provides better security and revision control. Helps reviewing the users who has accessed the documents.

Kathleen from Kaiser Permanente - Georgia

August 2014

Easy as an Evite and It Automates Nagging!

Pros

When introducing PolicyTech to new divisions in my organization, I ask my audience if they've ever received an Evite to a party, clicked the link, seen who else was invited, and accepted or declined the invitation. Everyone always laughs and says, "Yes!" and I say, "Then you can master PolicyTech!" It really is that intuitive and user-friendly. Then, when introducing it to staff tasked with getting approvals on a document, I ask what they hate most about their current email-based process and they invariably say, "The nagging that I have do to do get people to review and approve the document!" So I tell them, "PolicyTech automates nagging, so you don't have to!" Then they fall in love with PolicyTech as quickly as I did. It automates the tedious and arduous process of document review, revision, and approval, saving countless FTE hours and expense.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment actually, so nothing to say here.

Sharon from HCA IT&S MidAmerica Division

Policy Tech Review

This is a very easy product to install and start using. Very user friendly for most computer users. The use of email notification for each person involved in the writing, reviewing and approving of a document is a tremendous help. I don't know of a better way to track activity involved in building a document and then who has read the finished document. As well as keeping an archived version of the document for reference, if needed, in the future. Excellent product!

Pros

The product is very user friendly. If you let it, it will walk you thru the step by step build of a document. The email notification is a great time saver with the weekly follow up emails until a policy is reviewed/approved, to remind each involved user of their remaining tasks.

Cons

We use the categories to define our manuals and their chapters. Right now you are required to select a department and then categories are an option you can select. This can be missed during the process so the document ends up unfiled until this ommision is corrected. The reports are great and the vareity of ways to save the report is great. It would be nice to have a couple of other reports combined but I suspect they are coming.

Stan from CIH

The search feature is great

Pros

PolicyTech helps my team with a lot of inbuilt functionality. The search feature looks great and helps finding the required notes easily.

Damon from Liberty Hospital

Good policy and document control system

Pros

Good tracking of policy versions and archiving of retired policies. Use it for forms that are used regularly. Also, for competency documentation.

Cons

The reviewers still have to read policies that they have worked on and know inside and out. Don't route it back to them again. Waste of time.

Easy Quick

Pros

Love! The ability to use a single platform for document storage is fantastic. A big pet peeve of mine is usage of old outdated items that are in binders for years. This is a fantastic digital storage that we can change a document once and know it will be accessible for anyone. Also that we can filter out certain staff from certain items.

Cons

I wish we could add tags to documents in a different way to make them more searchable. Sometimes a document can fit in to many different departments that need access. Also, training would be a nice feature to upgrade.

Al from Innovation Credit Union

PPM survey

I highly recommend this software. I have had two credit unions referred to me by Scott Dixon and I am happy to convey our positive experience. We are still very much in a learning curve.

Pros

Email feature and sign off for reading assignments. Targetting audience for required reading. Word environment. Search capability is excellent. Auto updating of existing links from one version to another and sign off. Archive capability and access. You have knowlegable support staff and my experience with your technical team has been very good. Excellent software

Cons

Adding additional groups or individuals to a series of procedures. To my knowledge this has to be done per procedure which can be time consuming. We are experiencning an organizational restructure, so I am not sure how easy it will be to implement these changes.

Alan from Ftech int.

Great digital media manager

Pros

I keep my signed agreement documents on this App. It’s a great way to keep agreements and I don’t need to search for files anymore on various places. It seems a great digital media manager.

Cons

It works great and provides all required features to me.

Rick from ADM Vitamin E Plant

Five(+) Years with PolicyTech PPM

Have recommended PPM to both internal and external prospects. Many customers are impressed by the system during audits of our facility.

Pros

Excellent support and technical service, software worked upon download (original version was the stand alone demo with MySQL, we had it up and running on an old laptop within 30 minutes). Just enough customization built in to adapt to our document control system, without requiring us to recreate the wheel. Excellent tracking of documents through all phases (review, approval, reading and training).

Cons

New users may not consider their document system from a top-down perspective during initial setup, instead jumping right into document creation - not a software issue, more a learning curve challenge for the end user.

Nicole from ITHACA

April 2016

Backups can be made online now!

Pros

With policytech, I can keep my files backup online and access from anywhere. This software helps with keeping my important documents and images secure. No need to worry about keeping files on my local drive.

Cons

UI seems with old design. It can be improved with latest design approach.

May 2012

Jeanenne from GrapeTree Medical Staffing

May 2012

PolicyTech Review

Great product that I would recommend to any company with multiple policies and procedures.

Pros

PolicyTech has great features and allows us to manage over 300 policies and procedures. We are also able to house staff meeting information and maintain a record of dates read per individual for their HR record.

Cons

At times, the upgrades are a bit difficult to complete. Also we receive emails regarding downtime, which should only be sent to those companies PolicyTech is housing. This gets confusing when we receive them. Other than that the only negative in the software front is that the review months option has been hidden, which causes our company to miss this important step.

Hina from Information Technology and Services

Best content management tool

Pros

It seems the best content management tool to me. Number of other tools provide a lot of features. But Policytech is easy to use and user friendly. I use it just because it is quick to learn and easy to use. The functionality works great and does not throw any performance issues as well.

Jeanenne from GrapeTree Medical Staffing

PolicyTech Remains a Vital Business Tool

Pros

We love the ability to put all of our documents in one place and ensure that they have been read by our staff. This is vital for our company to ensure that documentation is available to prove someone has been informed of certain policies, forms, meeting minutes, etc.

Cons

I have had really great experiences in the past with our account manager. He has moved up in the company, and we now have a new account manager. I was not notified of the change and have not had the best luck getting in touch with her.

Gina from Sporting Goods

Clean interface and well-made software

Pros

This is a well-developed and nicely designed software. It has a simple and clean interface and makes document and policy organization flow seamlessly. Highly recommend this product.

Cons

My only complaint with this product would be the slow response I received from customer service a few weeks back.

Stephanie from Yavapai Regional Medical Center

PPM Review February 2012

We highly recommend this software. It has enabled us to "clean up" our whole process and monitor compliance.

Pros

-Always know the status of a policy and who has acted on it. -Eliminates constant checking of e-mails to determine where a policy is in the process -Forces use of the correct template. -Reminds "owners" when a document is due to be revised. -All documents are in one place. -Auto archiving -Easy to revise a document

Cons

There is some "clunkiness" to the review process when there are several reviewers. No place to put a "note of explanation" regarding decisions about a document

Jeremy from Loma Linda University Health

Certainly evolved in the past few years

The hosted application is very easy to configure and workflow development is a breeze once the user information has been set up correctly. The benefit I have seen with this software is that technical support is very fast to respond and eager to solve your issues as quickly as possible to keep your instance moving along. I appreciate the updates to the application interface to make everything as easy to use for primary power users. Definitely worth the investment for a large enterprise with multiple sub-companies and thousands of users. Keeping track of policies and being notified for updates is crucial to my industry vertical.

Good platform when you want to track compliance

Pros

Not much to say about PolicyTech, if you have a need to host policies/procedures, and want to ensure employees are reading/signing them, then it is a solid choice to go with. You can assign policies to employees, set due dates, and have the system deliver email notifications. You can also create forms, such as Conflict of Interest, which employees can use to submit free-text information.

Cons

As a user, I have not run into any issues using PolicyTech, as it is a pretty straightforward platform. Admins may need to ensure they consider technological capabilities when requiring signatures or other form completions.

Pankaj from ITG

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

March 2016

My data is backed up using this tool

Pros

This software helps me to keep my data backed up on the internet. I can use my data files when needed. The files are kept securely on the online servers (Not sure where exactly), but the good thing is that I can use them anytime. It also let me share files as needed and helps me with collaboration with others.

Cons

I guess everything is fine with this software. But the support system can be a little better. I would also like the price to be little less than what it is. Free trial time should be extended.

September 2014

Casey from GrapeTree Medical Staffing

September 2014

PolicyTech

Pros

I think PolicyTech is a great resource for business and could potentially be utilized in a university level. I will be recommending it to my professors to utilize in their courses.

Cons

I think there is some work that could be done in the functionality to make it more efficient, but the concept is there.

Jeff from Google Search Tips

April 2016

Great support and effective management

Pros

This vendor has good support team and provides quick responses. It can be helpful to manage images and video documents.

Cons

I would like this to be integrated with CMS sites (like WordPress etc.) It will allow keeping images uploaded directly from the wordPress admin.

Kathie from CommuniCare Health Services

January 2012

CommuniCare Health Services (CHS)

Yes, I have recommended your products to several vendors.

Pros

Firefox problem and they fixed it in 2 days WOW! Any suggestions I have sent, they make/change on the new version.

Cons

IT (My IT group) would like to be able to to have a primary key that ties an EE to a specific e-mail address. Example we have 7K EE's and we don't all need e-mail addresses but we want to put in a Kiosk and do trianing but want a way that we can capture they individuals who will only log onto the system each quarter. Any suggestion we will accept and appreciate.

Joe from HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley

Selecting PPM

We are just beginning our installation and conversion from another system, but so far we found the people at PolicyTech to be knowledgable and friendly. We look forward to having the system up and running in a short time with their help.

Pros

Very user friendly product Great demo and follow-up conference calls Ability to host software, which was a big plus for us Ability to accept input from previous system Willingness to work with us on contract language

Cons

None so far

Stan from CIH

Helps with creating contractual documents

Nice application as it helps creating documents for the clients.

Pros

A right application to help manage documents including contracts with the clients. We are able to mange online documents and share with clients to get signed.

Cons

The interface has some challenges but the navigation is much better. Can be improved to improve actual page interface to create documents.

Zero developer support

I had to call back 3 times asking this basic question, "Do you support RESTful code" They sent me information that had NOTHING to do with my question.

Pros

Nothing, it's a file system with workflows... any document management system could do this.

Cons

They do not support any custom integration.... you can't write code to extract your own information!

Chad from Stock Yards Bank & Trust Company

Policy Tech has offered us a much needed solution for housing our policies and procedures.

This product helped our company centralize our policies and procedures and implement a system of responsibility for keeping them in good order.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. It is a great tool for not only centralizing policies and procedures but also for implementing controls that help keep things up to date and accurate. This helps keep employees informed and educated on the things they need to perform their job at the expected level.

Cons

The software does not appear to have the ability to "speak" to other documents that have been submitted. For example, if there is a company-wide policy or procedure that has been uploaded in multiple places, there is little chance that the "true" or most updated/correct version will be shared with everyone. The burden of determining redundancy or duplicate documents is on the users.

Austin from IdealU

March 2016

Nice file management with Auto reminders

Pros

Policytech is a great file management app. Managing huge files is even easier with policytech. I can also setup the reminders and get auto email reminders when needed. It helps me being on schedule. Recovering

Susan from SYB

Great for keeping the company policies and procedures all in one place.

All of the bank's policies and procedures are kept in a centralized location.

Pros

Cons

The software takes a little getting used to on where the buttons are to read and approve the policies, but it just takes a little getting used to.

Jeremy from Loma Linda University Health

Gets the job done

I've been using PolicyTech in an administrative capacity for the past three years. Overall I've been satisfied with the tool; it gets the job done. The major challenge we experience is the lack of consistency in our desktop environment that leads to various UI issues depending on the browser, WordPlus module version, etc.

Steve from Trinity Health

January 2012

If you are looking for a solution that is simple to use, user friendly and will document/track your policies and procedures this is a very good application for doing this.

Pros

Simple to use tracking of document versions electronic process throughout easy to approve documents quick response from support

Cons

On Mountain Time

Matt from IdealU

March 2016

Document management has been easier with Policy tech

Pros

Policytech provides flexible and easy way to manage the documents and the content. I have been able to manage contracts easily using this software. The mobile apps helps a lot to manage the docs using the mobile devices.

Cons

UI can be improved a lot. the functionality is great but interface is lacking.

Lisa from T J Samson Community Hospital

OUTSTANDING PRODUCT !!!

5 stars !!! ***** We are extremely pleased with this product !!!

Pros

Extremely easy to use. All aspects are user friendly for both the beginner and the experienced user. Easily customizable to individual site or organization. Customer support is OUTSTANDING !!

Cons

None at this time.

Melanie from Carson City

PolicyTech Review

I recommended this program to the City of Sparks. I like the program, but it does have cons.

Pros

Cons

The loss of being able to run reader reports has been a big problem. Implementation was not easy- I was not given any suggestions as to how to roll the program out to over 500 users. Users have trouble setting up the system the first time to log in. I purchased a software program after this one to train 800 employees and it was a much easier program to use.

Robert from Emergence Health Network

PolicyTech - Policy Management Software

Pros

The software is easy to use, and the customer support is top-notch.

Cons

The rollout of new software updates could be quicker.

Tim from GrapeTree Medical Staffing

August 2014

PolicyTech is great for our business!

Pros

I like its ease of use.

Cons

We would like the cost for cloud hosting to be less.

Ken from Superkengaming

A Bit Old School

PolicyTech will give you all you need for the most part, and there is a 30 day trial to try things out before you commit.. But there seems to be no fixed pricing, it must be requested. (What is this, 2003?) But is customizable to fit your companies needs.

Amber from Fillmore County Hospital

Compliance Officer

highly recommend

Pros

Easy to upload, create and send forward through the reviewal process

Cons

not sure yet

Luke from 2020 Research

Industry: Market Research

No MacOS Support, Raised Prices After Year 1

Pros

The product did everything we wanted as long as we were able to jump through hoops to get it done (i.e. use Internet Explorer). Good Training & Setup Help.

Cons

No MacOS Support Raised Prices After 1 Year No support for custom URL's that do not belong to Policy Tech / Navex Global.