Fieldwire is mobile Construction Management Software that allows foremen, supers, and engineers to share files, blueprints, and RFI’s while on the job. The system can be synced to existing cloud storage and the user can automatically version sheets and send push updates so that everyone on a construction crew can access the latest plans. The blueprint viewing application also works in offline mode.
The system offers task management that allows users to track project progression on-site and from day-to-day. Quality control and inspections can also be managed through the software allowing the user to record updates with photos, annotations, comments, and hyperlink attachments.
Fieldwire offers scalable punch lists that make it possible for the user to snap photos of defects, leave comments, or add to-dos. The software is compatible with all industry segments and offers project scheduling and service management within suite. The system is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices.
Jacob from Woodlands Construction Company
Specialty: General contractor
Employees number: 11-50 employees
Overall a great product for the money and a lot cheaper than the other options out there. Extremely user friendly and simple design makes it easy to navigate and understand where you are. This program WILL save you time and effort in your projects.
Pros for Fieldwire include:
1. Fantastic Task organization and prioritizing such tasks.
2. Great calendar view of task start and end dates.
3. Customizable categories for tasks as well as being able to insert a task directly to the blueprint uploaded.
Cons for Fieldwire include:
1. No simple way of sending someone a "calendar view" of tasks.
2. No pre setup forms such as "Change Orders" or "Lists" (YET...its on the way)
3. Great report system but no report that is easy enough for your standard home owner / customer to understand.
Thom from Architecture firm in NYC
Employees number: 11-50 employees
The customer service has been great ( we need to use them frequently ). They are quick to resolve the many issues we have.
1. You can't make real templates for repetitive project types.
2. You can't organize projects on the home screen. We tend to have dozens of projects in different stages going on and there is not a way to organize how they sorted. They cannot be flagged or colored coded either.
3. In certain situations you need to follow strict naming conventions of imported files....it's not something I want to spend my time worrying about.
4. The task viewer is weak. The text doesn't wrap so most of the task is cut off. You cannot control the width of the columns, their names, or colors ( great for the color blind )
5. Features are buried and are inconsistent between desktop and mobile.
6. The app KILLS battery life.
7. There is not a way to leave general notes or comments.
8. Reports are weak.
9. If my boss ( who doesn't actually use it, but likes the idea of the app) didn't make me, I would have ditched this a while ago.
Blake from Vaughn Construction
Employees number: 501-1,000 employees
Field Wire is a great tool however it has some issues to be worked out such as the lack of Wi-Fi on a jobsite causes workers to not get an update to a drawing immediately. If we wanted the information to be transmitted to them in real time we would have to get cellular data on all of the devices that utilize this product.
Great for getting information to workers and keeping everyone up to date
Need to figure a way to get information to people instantly in the field
A from PAD
I will preface my review by stating that I primarily use Fieldwire via the desktop browswer interface. My coworkers use the tablet app in the field and I coordinate with them on my desktop PC at my office.
The browser interface leaves much to be desired. Navigating the plan sheets can be clunky and making markups is tedious. The markup features are rather limited (compared to software such as Bluebeam).
The ability to organize files in each project is welcomed but the automatic revisioning feature is not the greatest, though it is functional.
That being said, my coworkers rely on the software while on the jobsite. We use the "Tasks" feature to organize and assign the work. We even have a project for our internal shop tasks such as cleaning and maintenance.
Overall, this is a vital piece of software for our business. It is not perfect and there are many things that it cannot do. But we have yet to find a better alternative.
Alessandro from personal
One of the best. Very simple to use, continuously improving. Some improvement needed on piece solutions
John from Oceana Design LLC
I like being able to take photos during a walk through and then add them to tasks and then email the tasks out to people. The app is good for punchlists and letting subs know there are things left to do before closeout. I would recommend Fieldwire for those reasons.
Carlos from Weston Solutions
This app is pretty nifty, and the layout is good. It's good for our guys to mark up drawings and keep them in folders. The app has a nice shifting menu and it's easy for us to use.
Aaron from Turner
We are using this app to access drawings on-site and track progress across the different trades. The app works great and the development team has been very reactive every time we had feedback.
Ted from Kiewit
A great app that I use daily. It is the best way I have found to view my drawings and follow-up with subs. Plus, the checklists and reports save me a ton of time each week. The few times I had small issues popup, the Fieldwire team would solve it immediately. Not sure why more companies don't provide that type of support.