• Pros

• "Easy to use, easy to implement and gives our customers easy access to us"

• "Love the chat feature. Everything works well, notifications are reliable, works great!"

• "I like this product. Very easy to install and configure. The team is also pleased with the interface and management. Cool new features: - Live View - Message Sneak Peak - AutoCapture"

• Cons

• "Sometimes a little slow to load up - but not very often. I think the tools is developing really well but some features are a little slow to launch"

• "As with any new software there are occasional growing pains but we think the tradeoff is worth it."

• "Most things are good... only thing is the branding on the scheduling widget i'm sure will be rectified soon"

Browse Gist Reviews

Christopher from Writing Momentum

Industry: Publishing

SLICK Messenger Bot + Full Email Automation

Been using Gist for years now--replaced Active Campaign for me--and I'm able to do all the same things with a messenger bot, too!

Pros

Gist's messenger bot is very powerful and you're able to put it on your website as well as all your subdomains. It's become the #1 way my visitors prefer to interact with me. I had no idea how much interaction I was missing until I installed it. Then add full email marketing and you're really flying!

Cons

Gist is working to improve their speed through the browser. I wish the free plan allowed for use of webhooks like the paid plans do. But $29/mo isn't bad!

Reasons for Choosing Gist

I considered many other email systems, but Gist does everything they do for less--and that messenger bot adds huge value.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Gist has better pricing and includes a messenger bot. Website owners don't know what they're missing out on until they install one of these and see their visitor interactions skyrocket!

Austin from Numki by 981 Media

You should give Gist a serious look if you want to convert and nurtur inbound leads to your website

So far I have been very happy with Gist. It has made marketing fun again because it is so easy to use and try thing without going through a thousand steps to make it happen.

Pros

What I like most about Gist is the power it has yet the simplicity in it's implementation. I was able to get everything set up and to a basic launch within a few hours. It has everything I need to maximize conversions for inbounds leads to my website. Live chat is used for sales and support. Chatbots to initiate connections with visitors, follow up automation based on user behavior, a great email campiagn builder with decision trees based on user engagement . The meeting module is also a plus as typically this would be a third party purchase. You can embed a booking calendar on your website and let leads and customer book a meeting with you. It also ties in with Google Calendar.

Cons

Currently, there is no sales stages module or any ability to create task for users. If they could implement a Trello like task board for projects and leads then it would be the perfect all in one software.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

I went with Gist ultimately because it was more affordable while offering almost the same featureset.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

After almost 5 years of using infusionsoft I could never really get it to work. It seems there were always things breaking and to get the functionality I wanted, I had to purchase several 3rd party addons. With Gist almost everything I need is under one roof.

Ben from Lishi Leeds

A great solution for small businesses

Very positive experience. All contacts with the company have been exemplary and their support is fantastic, very helpful.

Pros

It has a range of features that allow you to automate many of the processes of growing a customer database and communicating with them

Cons

Have to invest time to understand how it all works but that's the case with any sophisticated software.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Better pricing (special offer on lifetime user) with more functionality

Gist had more features

William from The Expat

Industry: Broadcast Media

+6 months I asked to have my billing information removed...

After I had this experience with the emails I told them to delete my billing information as I didn't want to be charged another $200 in December when the addons I purchased were due to renew. Its been 6 months and I just took matters into my own hands. I had to add a prepaid gift card to the billing info, switch the default card to this junk gift card. After this I could finally delete my actual credit card. I was not going to fight them on a chargeback this december. This companies support has really become crap like the rest of their services.

Pros

The idea of using this software to run a ton of other things was very appealing, but it fell way short of this goal, left me very disapointed.

Cons

I received emails telling me that my ability to send emails was suspended for sending spam. I was not sending spam, and somehow the double optin email form I had on the site was the only thing sending out emails. So on 2-3 different occasions I had my account suspended for spam I wasn't sending out. They always verified that I wasn't sending out anything and quickly restored my access. Then the time when I actually did have something to send, I had a page that was only viewable if you had a password that was given out on a business card. If you entered your email there, it would send you out something very specific for a hiring event I was trying to do. This flagged my email again as spam. Again a password protected page with a double optin, and my legit emails were flagged as spam. It was too much.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

this was a lifetime offer that seemed to have most of what I was looking for, again the dreams of this company never meshed with reality.

Oliver from Comparethemarket.com.au

Gist is a powerhouse in the making

Pros

The fact that EDMs, transactional emails, support chat, bots and knowledgebase features are all in the one place, connected by automation triggers and workflows is very useful. The scope of personalisation you can achieve by combining all these elements on top of a single user database which includes user behaviour is powerful.

Cons

Some features a still underdeveloped such as the pop-ups, but I do see the Gist team making steady progress and am sure these items will be developed.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

I liked the option to combine website chat with EDMs.

Dan from Klippr

Great set of features, replaces a handful of other services

I'm using Gist in a SaaS product to welcome and on-board new users and to send new feature emails. Also using automations to trigger messages based on certain user actions.. Users of Intercom will likely see a cost reduction by switching to Gist, and also get a handful of other integrated features included too.

Pros

The integration of all the features is killer. Contacts, leads, marketing emails, automation emails, knowledge base, all tie together really well. The UI is nicely laid out and easy to use. As is the APPI, if you need to dive that deep. Well thought and full featured.

Cons

I had a couple of issues importing contacts from my app but the support team sorted me out in a few minutes. I'd also like to see some more backend integrations, like a Ruby gem for Rails applications.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Everything integrated into one software platform is much more efficient than having customer information and interactions spread out across several other (more expensive) SaaS products.

Alvaro Luis from Edunova Colombia SAS

Best benefit-cost ratio software

Gist is well suited to build relationships with leads and customers, to offer better support. And because of its marketing automation features could be very handy for improving collaboration in, as an example, the provision of educational services. We have worked with the companion iOS App and it is great for both the customer service team and the support team.

Pros

Good live chat tool. Easy to create custom chat bots robots. Capabilities to send broadcasts and drip marketing campaigns. Has a lightweight form creator that allows me to create 6 different types of forms and set the display conditions to have them show up whenever and wherever I choose. Build relationships with leads and customers. Support. Marketing automation.

Cons

shortcomings such as no crm are manageable.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Gist is better because easy of use and pricing. Hands down. It has an unbeatable cost-benefit ratio. Customer service has been with us since we started using it. That's great. For us, shortcomings such as no CRM are manageable. We like its front end appearance and customization features. With Gist we have "All The Tools To Build A Successful Online Business." We say that's for real.

Daniele from Optix

Affordable price for Essential Marketing Tools

Pros

8 powerful tools to increase my business. GIST is the perfect tool to handle automation: marketing, support, knowledge base, forms, bots, tracking and much more. Your perfect ally!

Cons

I do not dislike anything. GIST has a LOT of functions and it's not always so easy to understand which tool to use for a specific goal. They have many article and videos, but I would suggest to add more documentation for advanced functions and scenarios. The support team is always available and ready to help though.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

GIST is a very complete tool, an unique platform to mange automations and support for your customers.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

GIST has much more functions at cheaper price!

Dev from Marketive

A very promising Marketing Automation platform

If you are considering marketing automation, Gist will fit in well. It really streamlined my entire customer journey right from traffic stage to customer stage

Pros

Using Gist for: a) Live Chat b) Forms c) Email Sequences d) Event Tracking e) Help Desk It is handling our entire marketing automation needs Loved these features: Visual Workflow designer Live Chat performance and appearance Email Deliverability

Cons

No cons as such. They need more maturity and time to be comparable with Intercom

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Gist is far more affordable as compared to Intercom so I went for it. If you need the extra features that Intercom offers Gist might be a little early

Kejda from Thysk

Industry: Cosmetics

Get the Gist: one tool to rule them all

Very good, waiting for them to put some more finishing touches to WooCommerce integration. But already very useful and support is outstanding.

Pros

How it rolls multiple need to have tools into one: customer support, lead gen, lead nurture, marketing automation for both email and FB retargeting. Great UI and professional chatbot / LiveChat solution on the front and back end. I love the unified inbox feature too.

Cons

The extent of its integration with WooCommerce. Can't send proper cart abandonment emails because so far it can't generate an abandoned cart link. They're working on it though. I also don't love the extent / clarity of documentation for the automation features. A lot of power under the hood but to use very complex automations you need to ask support to clarify how various triggers / conditions work. On the flip side support is great at doing this and will help you out almost immediately.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

better features, more tools rolled into one, better pricing, hands on support, I like to support promising startups

Jordan from Revetize

Gist is Awesome!

We've used the webchat feature to streamline our inbound marketing & answer customer-service queries. Been fantastic! We can't wait to dive in more to some of the other tools they offer.

Pros

Cons

Can't really say I dislike anything... Honestly they have so much more (than just chat) at our disposal that we need to implement! Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Better pricing, and we believed in their vision. They haven't disappointed yet!

Happy User = Happy Customers!

We are using it mainly for customer service. The reliable live chat is perfect for us who are always on the go. We also use it for email marketing, complete with automation and tracking. Gist's team inbox works perfectly for our small team and deliverability is commendable! Gist is very east to set up, it took a few hours for a non techy person like me to put it up & running! Booking feature = WOW The live view helps us upsell & gain more confidence for customers who are visiting our site = more sales Their customer service is brilliant, nothing more to ask for

Pros

The chat widget is customizable and mobile friendly. Never miss a live chat from a customer with its very reliable mobile app. Reliable customer tracking and live view is pretty amazing so we can help customers exactly when they need it. Email deliverability & tracking is great!

Cons

Contact form to be pushed straight to conversations (I already requested this)

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Price point and Gist has almost everything that we need in one app! Plus deliverability score is very important to us.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

their mobile app is very glitchy & user interface does not look good

James from www.thetoolsquare.com

Industry: Building Materials

Software for any small website owner to engage your contacts

My experience with the software has been very positive. Some portions take a little work to setup and get used to, but that's like learning anything brand new really. Within days I had the whole system setup and working with little effort. The support team are very responsive and assist when required. A good experience and definitely worth checking out if you're a small to medium-sized business website owner.

Pros

I'm using Gist for my WordPress website to engage my website audience. I'm a one-man band and required an integrated marketing automation tool to welcome any new visitors to my website. I use it across my whole website and I personally control and run it by myself. It basically simplifies the initial welcome step in my business and assists me in targeting my potential customers. The best part about Gist is that it is scaleable. As my small website grows, I can scale with the number of contacts in the database, and at the same time have access to all their advanced features.

Cons

I would say that the hardest thing/ least liked about it is that it took a little time to setup originally. Coming from a non-technical background it was a little hard to get used to at the start, but I quickly picked it up thanks to their support team.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

I really liked Activecampaign, an easy to use interface and system, however the simple reason was the cost was just prohibitive for me when comparing it to Gist. Also, the extra features of Gist really helped me select it over activecampaign.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Simply because I was requiring some extra automation that is not able to be performed by their software. It's very easy to use, however I had to make the switch due to make extra requirements.

Mark from Spark Chart

Gist is a powerful all-in-one platform for sales and service

Gist gives us a single product for so much - live customer support, Knowledge Base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application and our website, and more.

Pros

Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications (like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others) with one platform. At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help. When it comes to their own support, Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering release new features.

Cons

For us, there is nothing to dislike. We cannot fault their product or their customer service.

Tristin from Trist.in

Powerful suite of tools that just keep getting better

With one platform I get chat support, email marketing, marketing automation, and all of my customer relationship needs met. It's a wonderful tool for simplifying my tech stack. I love it.

Pros

Gist provides endless ways of interacting with customers. I can chat and email with them, track their usage on my site, qualify them, add tags and other profile information, and so much more. There is even an awesome live view that lets me spy on visitors to see how they're using the site. The tools are powerful, easy to use, and constantly getting improvements. It seems like every week there is another update being rolled out that substantially extends the functionality or usability of the features in Gist. I am blown away.

Cons

Plan limits can be confusing. For example, there is a monthly charge for support and a monthly charge for "growth," plus there's a separate charge depending on how many contacts and seats you have. Perhaps this is normal in the industry, but it can make it a little challenging to understand the bill every month. Additionally, the vast amount of features means development will never be as fast as you'd like it to be (even though they release updates all the time). This may not actually be a valid concern, and it certainly isn't unique to Gist (who doesn't have a wishlist they're waiting on their favorite SaaS to get to?), but I do believe the likelihood of being stuck without your desired feature being developed goes up a lot as the product gets bigger and bigger.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

I wanted a tool with a larger featureset.

Bret from Cricklewood on the Bellamy

Happy with Gist

Managing support via email is untenable. Stuff gets lost. Wires get crossed. Aggregating support enables us to provide higher quality service to our customers. It also allows team members to add notes, so we can have a record of why any given decision was achieved.

Pros

Gist is similar to Intercom. It's a platform for managing your customer contacts and your communications with them. I like that, you can field inquiries for onsite chat, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter Direct Messages in a single location. Gist aggregates all your support channels. We use Gist for managing support and for communicating with property owners. I've not once experienced an outage. It always performs quickly. There's an iOS app. User experience is more than an app. It's the support you receive with it and how quickly the team responds to feedback. I genuinely like Gist's support team. They're a great bunch of people. On couple occasions, they're deployed changes in the same day. They always follow-up. A+ on the people side.

Cons

The one major change I want to see is how Gist user identity is managed. A single user can have multiple projects. That's fine. However, user identity is persistent across projects in an account, and there is no concept of an admin user. So, if you're communicating as two different entities -- abc.com and xyz.com -- you need to create a separate Gist account. While that's manageable, it's unmanageable in the iOS app. You can only be logged-in with one account at a time. If the model will continue as multi-project to single-domain, that's okay. However, in that configuration, the iOS app needs multi-account support.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Gist is a startup. I liked their roadmap. Theyr'e the underdog. They came in at a competitive price.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Our prior provider made a 20x price increase.

Andrew from Management Consulting

Course Creator's Dream: marketing, customer service, booking, knowledge base - It's all here

Pros

Love that everything is integrated and works together. Chat is cross platform with twitter, facebook and your website (javascript can be placed on any website that allows it including many 3rd party apps). Email product is maturing really well compared to others in the market in just 2 short years.

Cons

Having an all-in-one product is really ambitious. Doing that in 2 years is spectacular. Although some features aren't yet fully developed, the product is definitely a player against others in the space. Also needs updates to customer service/communications especially in the area of product updates.

Cost/feature sets.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Mautic is self hosted and required a lot of setup/admin. Not very user friendly without an admin to support you. CovertFox (now Gist) had a lifetime deal that I couldn't pass up as an early adopter.

Mark from TCC Limited

A fantastic team, committed to the product - already great and getting better every day!

Live chat allows us to understand where our customers need help, when they may not have reached out through other methods. Automation allows us to communicate better without a large investment of time.

Pros

I primarily purchased Gist for live chat, and it does that really well. The chat interface is clear, simple and great looking for the end user and makes chat management really straightforward for the organisation. What was a real bonus for me is the work the team has put in around marketing automation, email and rules. Being able to schedule emails to be sent based upon user actions is a game changer (the user does not need to have engaged in live chat and the system for defining these actions is really flexible). It's a great tool - and one of the most promising that I've seen - but what really stands out is that the team behind it are a great bunch of people. They're really good on live chat (as you would hope!) and you do get to know them individually. They really care about delivering the best experience possible and the pace they are moving at with new features is admirable. It is that, above everything else, that gave me the confidence to go live with a deployment on our primary business website. I'm a very happy customer.

Cons

If there is one dislike, it's simply that there is so much (extra) promise in the tool but I can't have it all now! ;-) They are a young company, relatively, so there are still features which I would love to have (better notifications on stale chats, better handling of "out of hours", more automation features) but those are small things and it's the confidence that these things will come quickly that makes this a non-issue. The team really listen and act on feedback, so that's a massive bonus. I'd encourage you to get on-board at this stage. The tool is ready for prime-time use, and you have a real opportunity to actually shape the way it develops that you just wouldn't get with a more established tool.

Karl from SegMate LLC

Super easy to set up and use Customer Support app

Overall we are really happy with Gist. It suites our needs and has more features then we need. If you're reading this and you are looking for a support widget, a knowledge base with some added email automation with marketing capabilities gist is a great option. We use it every day in our SaaS App.

Pros

Easy to install chat widget with many options on colors and icons. Pretty much a great app overall. You never know with newer apps if they are going to be around or if there is a lot of continued development. But the Gist team is always helpful and they keep developing and developing. That says a lot for where they are headed. I see great things and we will continue to use them.

Cons

Early on we had some issues with email deliverability and setting up the support inbox... However, support was super helpful and let us know they had issues with their email deliverability but that they were working on improving it. They brought in some email engineers and moved over to a new backend service. It was annoying but we held out with them. It took a few painful months. However, deliverability has improved drastically and so has the email building capabilities and UI.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Intercom is a great app and we had zero complaints. But they slapped us with a huge price increase and as a small start-up, we needed to look for alternatives. Gist or ConvertFox ended up being a great replacement.

David from Inspired To Hired Education Ltd

Email and Chat Auto-Responder Great All-Rounder

They are saving me time with automated emails that are triggered by tags and that drip out to customers and prospects. They provide the capability that means when you send out emails they are branded correctly and come from your own company's domain. The chat widget on my website looks very professional.

Pros

The flexibility of sending automated emails and broadcast HTML emails that look great. They are always looking to develop the product. They have a ton of features including Automation Workflows, Email alerts, and importantly are GDPR compliant. They listen to their community and provide video training and a knowledge base. They do Time Zone Sending which is useful as I send to people outside my timezone. You can copy-paste images directly into your emails. The tags can be automated to alert when someone abandons a page or shopping cart. email count time timers, API integration, and did I mention the excellent form builder? The price is very reasonable for all the love, care and attention to development the Gist team put in.

Cons

Nothing really. They don't have any bad points as they keep open-minded about development and are customer-led in terms of what you can upvote as being what they should concentrate on developing next. Sometimes they have such a can-do attitude that they used to be tempted to take on more than they can realistically deliver but even this has improved in the last year. I have a hard time keeping up with all the latest developments but I periodically go into educating myself on the latest update.

Shayla from Shayla Monique

Industry: Fine Art

Gist Makes Running My Solo Business A Breeze!

As a solopreneur selling higher priced art, I need to have a really strong support tool to help answer any questions my clients may have before or during their purchase. I love that Gist gives me the ability to have live chat (which I can respond to from my phone!), a chat bot, and even a knowledge base!

Pros

With a single subscription, I'm able to manage my email list, operate both a chat bot and live chat (from my phone!) to support my customers, and even do targeted marketing campaigns on my website. Usually this would require logging into many different sites and then having to integrate them all and then pay for them all separately. Gist makes is possible to get it all done for a low price!

Cons

Honestly, there's really not a whole lot to dislike. They're always working on enhancements and new features and making the tool better every day. The free plan only allows for 1 user and I really would've loved 5, lol....but that's probably asking for a lot since the free plan already includes so much.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

I liked that Gist was able to provide the same services that I would normally have to use multiple tools to achieve, but Gist provided it all in a single product.

Vinson Matthew from Konker Digital

A Marketing Suite anyone can use

So far I'm very happy with Gist and their support team was outstanding. They will definitely guide and help you if your stuck into a feature or experiencing some problems or issues with a certain technology that you think is not working the way it should be.

Pros

Really love their live chat feature as we are seeing a lot of enquiries compared to any other communication channels such as email, and phone call. We also love how you can segment all the leads who have contacted your website using their livechat, plus the other features will help you nurture your leads.

Cons

Their basic lead capture forms, pop-ups. Hope they can create a better editor for this one so that we can build good looking forms that are enticing for our website visitors.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

More flexibility and more features

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Gist is way more powerful and it comes with a lot of features

Luke from Architecture & Planning

All-In-One Marketing Automation Software - Covers Most Features Needed

Pros

I’ve been a fan of Gist (formely Convertfox) since after they launched their product. Since then, the product has developed with updates and new features being rolled out to assist business owners. The fact that it’s an all-in-one marketing automation platform is where it demonstrates its value. It incorporates: • Automations based on events • Email automation • Live chat & bots • Scheduling • Help desk/ knowledge base • Forms • Tracking • Plenty of integrations The platform essentially saves you connected different apps via APIs as it’s an all in one where contact data is updated along the way, from lead to customer.

Cons

Gist are constantly improving and listening to customer feedback which is great, but sometimes it does take time to implement. This is to be expected though from any company especially when there’s many users wanting all types of integrations and features added.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

The simple fact that it provided all the features that I needed compared to the competition, and also at an affordable price. The competition is quite expensive or doesn't provide the features Gist does - meaning you need to integrate more software etc.

Michael from SenseDeep

Gist Customer Contact - Ideal for SaaS companies

We use Gist as our unified customer contact system. Customers can use integrated Gist chat in our app for immediate contact both before and after purchase. We use the strong email automation to drive our onboarding of customers and for ongoing customer engagement. Gist is fast and the UI is beautiful to use.

Pros

Gist integrates the three customer contact modules required by SasS companies. It has strong chat, email automation and help desk CRM.

Cons

We've yet to find a limiting feature for our business.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Gist a more integrated and unified product for Sass companies. Some competitors don't have strong chat + email automation + help desk. Other competitors have the features, but they are not well integrated. Gist has integrated complete customer contact with a very finished product. Lastly, the Gist App is simply better designed than the competitors. It is fast and simple -- a joy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Drift was eliminating their email automation features, so we would have to use multiple products for our Sass business.

Vik from SMBfission

simple to navigate platform that does the job

Pros

Been using their platform for a few years. What I like best about Gist is that they have a monthly development cycle. Over the years, their development and the refining of their tool has been evident. Not only do they add to their tool, but they also work to simplify it for the benefit of the user experience. Most newer companies don't have utilize that value so I'm able to appreciate that feat with Gist. Some other points: -Somehow gist is able to identify customers when they come to my website, even if they aren't in my database. I don't how they do it, but it's a great advantage. -They have robust targeting features for their pop-ups -Their support seems mostly available and responsive. -Their platform is easy to navigate.

Cons

-they have automation features, tracking features, integrations, and so on, it seems like they have everything that an automation platform would have on a basic level. -Their chat works fine but perhaps I think that their chat feature can be developed upon to be more inline with bigger competitors in the chat space like Intercom (automation email requests, etc...) -Also - a visual display for the email workflow like what Sendinblue has would be helpful, but not necessary. -Utilizing forms *not* connected to popups would be advantageous, but technically it works fine.

Gist is ALL-IN-Awesome!

Rough start, but after a while it really helps us automate en make our business a lot more efficient.

Pros

Workflows between al the tools. This really helps our team get on it with support but also sales and nurturing our excisting customers.

Cons

The learningcurve is steap. It took me a while to fully understand the workflow, but once you get it, it works awesome!

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Completeness of the Gist product. It's just a lot better and more mature.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Completeness of the Gist product. It's just a lot better and more mature.

Ivan from Architecture & Planning

Best all in 1 Marketing Automation Solution Ever!

One of the best experience I ever had

Pros

I just love Gist's chatbot integrations with other applications. Seems like Gist has gone a long way from then. They now have tons of 3rd party integrations supporting them. Gist saves my time and money as now I do not have to own multiple applications and Gist solves half of my business pain points within 1 single platform.

Cons

You need to start building your email trust to grow your number of sends through time. The system will take multiple considerations such as bounce rate and opens to avoid spam. I believe if you are sending legit emails as a new client, you would do just fine. Understandable as Gist needs to keep their email deliverability clean on a global scale.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

The entry cost requirements seems to be lower in my use case

Now I could work within 1 single platform with Gist

Jói from CrankWheel

Gist works well for us

Pros

Love the single unified conversation view that feels like a social media messaging app but has all the power I need to assign conversations to team mates, snooze conversations, and tag contacts if needed. Also love that it brings our website chat widget, Facebook Messenger chat and one of our shared inboxes all together into one view.

Cons

The only problem I've had is that for the shared email inbox we use it for (our info@ inbox) it doesn ot always deal correctly with accented characters. This doesn't prevent use from using it but would be nice to fix.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Better value for money compared to Zendesk (which we still use for customer support but are considering dropping in favor of Gist so that Gist has all of our customer communication in one place), more all-in-one compared to Drip.

Kartik Ahuja from Young Engine

All in one Marketing tool

Pros

A lot of features in one place: 1) Live chat on the website 2) Integrates with a lot of tools (Book like a boss, Stripe, Facebook, Zoom, etc - it helps to see all data at one place. I feel it is moving towards a CRM platform) 3) Chat prompts - it basically popups up a message when some person visits on a specific page; we can add triggers like x seconds, % of scroll etc and define the conditions

Cons

There is only one con - replies from support are prompt but the time taken to solve a problem takes much most of the times

Reasons for Choosing Gist

More datapoints, more feature driven

Patrick from Perfect Imprints

Great Value for Marketing Automation.

Overall, my experience with Gist has been excellent. The support has been great. They answer quickly and have been very helpful.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create automated workflows to guide our customers to make purchases. I also love the knowledge base, which allows our customers to get more answers without having to contact us. This saves us valuable time allowing us to focus on better customer service.

Cons

Hosted forms are not available, however, there are workarounds by embedding forms on my site using Gist forms. A Gist hosted form would eliminate a step making it faster to create the forms when we want to simply link a button to a form. I'm told that is something that will be added later.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

HubSpot was very expensive for a very similar set of features. HubSpot also kept increasing their pricing making it unaffordable for a small business.

Hardik from Saeculum Solutions Pvt Ltd

Chat, Email Automation and Now Help Desk - All in One Solution

It was great experience till now and they are improving it day by day.

Pros

It's eliminate the use of multiple products. Easy to use all in one solution with Automation.

Cons

Admin UX was not that must great, But now they are working on it.

Martin from Serious Marketing

Industry: Research

Replaces several other tools

I like the software and use it daily. It's no-nonsense approach has helped me to focus on leads.

Pros

I like the approach of integrating chat, email and other tools, geared towards lead generation. The software is easy to use, yet has enough options to customize.

Cons

Of course there are limitations if you opt to use a software that want to be a "one stop shop". Probably Zendesk, Zopim (now Zendesk Chat) and Mailchimp perform better on its own turf. However then you have to use something like zapier to integrate and that makes things complicated.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

I liked the approach of having email integrated.

integration

Vibhor from Administration Services

Gist - One stop live chat and support solution

Been using gist for a while now and it has been amazing in our testing phase and we have evolved over this time as we tested and implemented all the templates that we created and knowledge base that we increased. It has the potential and capabilities to handle the incoming influx and can render the information contained within. Live chat, email responses, inter-team connectivity, bots, behaviour you name it it has it

Pros

All in one feature is amazing. Love chat, email automations, funnels, email templates, integration and the list goes on.

Cons

Nothing so far. However a live call feature would be a plus.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Value for money and respectful Support from team at gist.

Andie from LeadFuze

Everything you need in one place

I am a customer support specialist so I answer sales inquiries, FAQs and perform product demos. It makes the entire process seamless so I don't have to toggle between different tools/apps.

Pros

Great tool for managing contacts and much more. In-app messaging system with calendar integration for scheduling meetings makes setting up calls a breeze. We can also directly send knowledge base articles from within the messenger. Ability to tag/assign tickets/conversations to other team mates so there's no need to use supplemental tools for task assignments. Tracks user activity and provides real-time data!

Cons

The only thing missing is the ability to merge tickets/conversations but I was informed that it's in the works.

Paul from Paul Therond Consulting

My new CRM

Excellent particularly their customer support.

Pros

Generous subscriber and email sending plans. Easy to use and has now replaced my last email marketing solution too over and above its CRM and customer support features. Excellent app.

Cons

They are a startup so some features I want are lacking but projected to come in future.

Lifetime plan

Really great all-in-one-tool

Overall my experience of Gist is great. They have a quality product and whenever I need support their team is there to help me.

Pros

Gist is a great tool that I use for live chat, email support, chat bot, knowledgebase, newsletters. It covers all my needs.

Cons

I do feel that th level of the translation to Swedish is a bit low. It could have been done in a more profesional way, some of the content is badly translated.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Gist had better functionallity and better support.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

I changed due to the higher pricing level on Intercom platform.

Borhan from DJ Borhan

Exceptional service from Gist

Pros

The fact that it combines all the features I was already using on different platforms into one is what I like most about Gist. Email marketing, Social Media connect with customers, contact forms, and live chat all-in-one is the big feature I like most.

Cons

Everything is great about Gist. One area to improve would be to work with Ticket Tailor in collecting emails from customers who have made a purchase.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Pricing is why I chose Gist over Drift.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

The all-in-one solution Gist provides.

Craige Hardel from Hardel Enterprises

Really good & Affordable all in one business solution

Using them has been okay. Their support is responsive and attempts to address problems as they can

Pros

Features for the price: the suite of tools fits nicely into any business especially mine. Simply interface- the application is easy to use. The contacts and email builder makes anyone feel at home quickly

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Needed more features and a tighter knit solution

Anca from SocialBee

Great for daily support

Overall, our experience is a great one. Issues have always been solved quickly and effectively.

Pros

I love how easy it is to assign conversations to team members. It's easy to snooze conversations while waiting on a resolution, without forgetting about them.

Cons

I'd really love to also have a pending indefinitely feature, especially for cases when the resolution depends on other teams, so there's no ETA.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Because we ended up getting a better value with Gist

NaveenKumar from Infosys

Convert Visitors to Customers with Gist

Its been very useful solution for all marketing needs.

Pros

Easy to setup, clean user interface, excellent customer support, help documents, and the automation flows helps my visitors to connect with me. Chat user interface, mobile apps, drip campaigns are easy to implement and manage.

Cons

More subscribers needs more investment. I wish the pop-up templates are more. No RSS to email feature.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

WhatsApp doesn't actually solve my problem.

Milo from ABC123 Agency

Started with Chat Now it Does it All

Gist is growing and new features are added monthly and I'm super excited to see what happens next.

Pros

The Chat is amazing and great to use. Now I can stop using other email and marketing platforms because Gist does it all.

Cons

Gist needs to add more pre design elements such at email and forms are built and design for different campaigns.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Gist price point was much better then ActiveCampaign.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

I switch because Gist offer more features.

Marc from SquadFusion, Inc.

Better customer engagement

Pros

Makes it easier for us to engage with our customers by giving them an additional way to contact us as well as being able to respond on multiple devices/platforms.

Cons

When responding via email, wish it would recognize our email signatures and remove them.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Our needs were (and still are) pretty modest, so it came down to price. Gist was the best value of the solutions we evaluated.

Ura from Ura Jae Inspires

Great Customer Service

My overall experience with Gist is great! The service is what keeps me as their loyal customer.

Pros

Having the ability to have an email list to communicate to my audience, The ease of setting up with customer service. The community is awesome! It's a place to share learning. Having the ability to communicate to website visitors from through chat.

Cons

There's a learning curve. In the beginning, learning how to set up campaigns were difficult. The opt-in forms are not easy to customize for my brand.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Automated emails and the ability to market my company without all of the added fees.

Stuart from NHS 24

Superb all-in-one support and engagement portal

It gives me a single portal from which I can do marketing, lead capture and customer support.

Pros

That I can manage all of my contacts and capture new leads. That I can offer a knowledge base. That I can carry out segmented email campaigns.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve for some parts but now that I have it set up I find it very intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

More modern interface. More impressive roadmap. More features.

Chet from Incline Marketing Group

Great product with amazing features that continue to develop!

It's been great. It's nice using it and having it be reliable.

Pros

How easy it was to implement and start using on our website.

Cons

There aren't any that i can think of. The kinks have been worked out.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

All in one solution. Helped us streamline.

Bruno from Kneaver Corp

Gist is an All-In-One solution for the needs behind a website

I was looking for a solution for the backend scripts behind our website, mailings. I was one of the first adopters of the system. My goal was to have a good reason not to do it ourselves or stay behind trends. The team of Gist kept delivering more value with more features. They became an inspiration on marketing tools and practice. For example I discovered the liveview feature, now I'm thinking how to use it for better understanding of our audience.

Pros

Chatbox widget, that was my initial requirement Forms and contact database Ability to add attributes to contact database API to connect with our scripts

Cons

I wished the customization of the look and feel be more comprehensive.

Reasons for Choosing Gist

The price, the existing set of features at that time (2017), seeing a new startup apply her tools to grow and learn from them.

Stefan from Inteleagent

Great experience with Gist

Great experience so far with Gist. I’m sure it will get better with time.

Pros

All-in-one software for SaaS. You don’t have to pay for different solutions to get things done.

Cons

Messenger functionality is not the best it can be. I liked the way Intercom approached visitor nudging. Gist could get some ideas from them.

All-in-one solution

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Intercom got too expensive for what it offered

Larry from Canaanland Distributors Sdn Bhd

Gist: A very hardworking platform that listens to customers and constantly innovates and excels

Very good and they are always supportive via live chats.

Pros

Live chat (with integration to FB Messenger), Email marketing, Live tracking.

Cons

Steep learning curve especially workflow.

Cheaper

Amit from Mfundz

Gist - Perfect companion

Overall, it has been pleasant experience using Gist. They have built many exciting functionality over a period of last one year and that has made it worthwhile.

Pros

Live chat, Live view, Knowledge base and email broadcasting.

Cons

Mobile app. No integration with Facebook messenger

Reasons for Switching to Gist

It was not offering what we needed the most - Usability on the front end.

All-in-one Support and Marketing Suite

A great tool for the marketing & support area of a small to medium sized organization.

Pros

- simple and fast set-up - Linking between crm and supportdesk - engaged support - messenger

Cons

- onboarding for new users could be even simpler

Reasons for Choosing Gist

Because it could be implemented and tested easily and quickly. Attractive pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Gist

Mismatch between price and performance