Gist Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"There are a ton of great features. I really like how I'm able to integrate directly into my website."
  • icon"Never miss a live chat from a customer with its very reliable mobile app. Reliable customer tracking and live view is pretty amazing so we can help customers exactly when they need it."
  • icon"Easy to setup, clean user interface, excellent customer support, help documents, and the automation flows helps my visitors to connect with me."
  • icon"Whist the phone vibrates, without a sound some chats, are missed."
  • icon"I do feel that th level of the translation to Swedish is a bit low. It could have been done in a more profesional way, some of the content is badly translated."
  • icon"The trial/princing was a bit confusing and we had to redo the internal process due to that."

Have you used Gist and would like to share your experience with others?

All Gist Reviews

Course Creator's Dream: marketing, customer service, booking, knowledge base - It's all here

Pros

Love that everything is integrated and works together. Chat is cross platform with twitter, facebook and your website (javascript can be placed on any website that allows it including many 3rd party apps). Email product is maturing really well compared to others in the market in just 2 short years.

Cons

Having an all-in-one product is really ambitious. Doing that in 2 years is spectacular. Although some features aren't yet fully developed, the product is definitely a player against others in the space. Also needs updates to customer service/communications especially in the area of product updates.

Cost/feature sets.

Reasons for switching to Gist

Mautic is self hosted and required a lot of setup/admin. Not very user friendly without an admin to support you. CovertFox (now Gist) had a lifetime deal that I couldn't pass up as an early adopter.

Bart

The all-in-one copy cat solution (and that is not necesarilly bad)

We liked it at first, we used it quite a lot, but got annoyed by its "beta" status. We wanted something that worked perfect or at least good, not just OK most of the times. I still believe they have a promising product and it probably improved quite a bit, but - although I have a lifetime subscription - I am not going back given I got so used to dealing with their alternatives.

Pros

I discovered Gist (when it was still called differently) and immediately bought a lifetime subscription. Its promise was to build the next Hubspot / Intercom killer solution at a way more affordable pricing point. We started off using all that was on offer: sending emails, chatbot integration, interaction tracking, building profiles, ... The team is very responsive and helped me out with multiple questions or remarks in the past. Today, we are using it only for the knowledge base solution it has on offer - which works as you expect. We switched to a more expensive alternative, Hubspot, but were not satisfied with the overall Gist experience.

Cons

Many of the features I have come to discover had its quirks from time to time. It was clearly a work in progress, a very promising one, yet a product that fails from time to time remains a product that fails. On the other hand, I found it sometimes hard to set things up. Once I understood how it worked, there was no issue, but being a copy cat at heart, they could have taken some of the typical flows for setup from their competitors as well.

Reasons for choosing Gist

Pricing won us over, yet features & performance drove us away again (towards Hubspot).

Happy User = Happy Customers!

We are using it mainly for customer service. The reliable live chat is perfect for us who are always on the go. We also use it for email marketing, complete with automation and tracking. Gist's team inbox works perfectly for our small team and deliverability is commendable! Gist is very east to set up, it took a few hours for a non techy person like me to put it up & running! Booking feature = WOW The live view helps us upsell & gain more confidence for customers who are visiting our site = more sales Their customer service is brilliant, nothing more to ask for

Pros

The chat widget is customizable and mobile friendly. Never miss a live chat from a customer with its very reliable mobile app. Reliable customer tracking and live view is pretty amazing so we can help customers exactly when they need it. Email deliverability & tracking is great!

Cons

Contact form to be pushed straight to conversations (I already requested this)

Reasons for choosing Gist

Price point and Gist has almost everything that we need in one app! Plus deliverability score is very important to us.

Reasons for switching to Gist

their mobile app is very glitchy & user interface does not look good

Vinson Matthew

A Marketing Suite anyone can use

So far I'm very happy with Gist and their support team was outstanding. They will definitely guide and help you if your stuck into a feature or experiencing some problems or issues with a certain technology that you think is not working the way it should be.

Pros

Really love their live chat feature as we are seeing a lot of enquiries compared to any other communication channels such as email, and phone call. We also love how you can segment all the leads who have contacted your website using their livechat, plus the other features will help you nurture your leads.

Cons

Their basic lead capture forms, pop-ups. Hope they can create a better editor for this one so that we can build good looking forms that are enticing for our website visitors.

Reasons for choosing Gist

More flexibility and more features

Reasons for switching to Gist

Gist is way more powerful and it comes with a lot of features

Luke

All-In-One Marketing Automation Software - Covers Most Features Needed

Pros

I’ve been a fan of Gist (formely Convertfox) since after they launched their product. Since then, the product has developed with updates and new features being rolled out to assist business owners. The fact that it’s an all-in-one marketing automation platform is where it demonstrates its value. It incorporates: • Automations based on events • Email automation • Live chat & bots • Scheduling • Help desk/ knowledge base • Forms • Tracking • Plenty of integrations The platform essentially saves you connected different apps via APIs as it’s an all in one where contact data is updated along the way, from lead to customer.

Cons

Gist are constantly improving and listening to customer feedback which is great, but sometimes it does take time to implement. This is to be expected though from any company especially when there’s many users wanting all types of integrations and features added.

Reasons for choosing Gist

The simple fact that it provided all the features that I needed compared to the competition, and also at an affordable price. The competition is quite expensive or doesn't provide the features Gist does - meaning you need to integrate more software etc.

Gist is ALL-IN-Awesome!

Rough start, but after a while it really helps us automate en make our business a lot more efficient.

Pros

Workflows between al the tools. This really helps our team get on it with support but also sales and nurturing our excisting customers.

Cons

The learningcurve is steap. It took me a while to fully understand the workflow, but once you get it, it works awesome!

Reasons for choosing Gist

Completeness of the Gist product. It's just a lot better and more mature.

Reasons for switching to Gist

Completeness of the Gist product. It's just a lot better and more mature.

Alvaro Luis

Best benefit-cost ratio software

Gist is well suited to build relationships with leads and customers, to offer better support. And because of its marketing automation features could be very handy for improving collaboration in, as an example, the provision of educational services. We have worked with the companion iOS App and it is great for both the customer service team and the support team.

Pros

Good live chat tool. Easy to create custom chat bots robots. Capabilities to send broadcasts and drip marketing campaigns. Has a lightweight form creator that allows me to create 6 different types of forms and set the display conditions to have them show up whenever and wherever I choose. Build relationships with leads and customers. Support. Marketing automation.

Cons

shortcomings such as no crm are manageable.

Reasons for choosing Gist

Gist is better because easy of use and pricing. Hands down. It has an unbeatable cost-benefit ratio. Customer service has been with us since we started using it. That's great. For us, shortcomings such as no CRM are manageable. We like its front end appearance and customization features. With Gist we have "All The Tools To Build A Successful Online Business." We say that's for real.

Jói

Gist works well for us

Pros

Love the single unified conversation view that feels like a social media messaging app but has all the power I need to assign conversations to team mates, snooze conversations, and tag contacts if needed. Also love that it brings our website chat widget, Facebook Messenger chat and one of our shared inboxes all together into one view.

Cons

The only problem I've had is that for the shared email inbox we use it for (our info@ inbox) it doesn ot always deal correctly with accented characters. This doesn't prevent use from using it but would be nice to fix.

Reasons for choosing Gist

Better value for money compared to Zendesk (which we still use for customer support but are considering dropping in favor of Gist so that Gist has all of our customer communication in one place), more all-in-one compared to Drip.

Daniele

Affordable price for Essential Marketing Tools

Pros

8 powerful tools to increase my business. GIST is the perfect tool to handle automation: marketing, support, knowledge base, forms, bots, tracking and much more. Your perfect ally!

Cons

I do not dislike anything. GIST has a LOT of functions and it's not always so easy to understand which tool to use for a specific goal. They have many article and videos, but I would suggest to add more documentation for advanced functions and scenarios. The support team is always available and ready to help though.

Reasons for choosing Gist

GIST is a very complete tool, an unique platform to mange automations and support for your customers.

Reasons for switching to Gist

GIST has much more functions at cheaper price!

Jorge

Affordable price for Essential Marketing Tools

Pros

The focus they give to email marketing with a very popular concept. The Live Chat Bubble.

Cons

Slowly integrating with popular software platforms.

Reasons for switching to Gist

Because of the affordability and their focus to email marketing and increasing sales.

A fantastic team, committed to the product - already great and getting better every day!

Live chat allows us to understand where our customers need help, when they may not have reached out through other methods. Automation allows us to communicate better without a large investment of time.

Pros

I primarily purchased Gist for live chat, and it does that really well. The chat interface is clear, simple and great looking for the end user and makes chat management really straightforward for the organisation. What was a real bonus for me is the work the team has put in around marketing automation, email and rules. Being able to schedule emails to be sent based upon user actions is a game changer (the user does not need to have engaged in live chat and the system for defining these actions is really flexible). It's a great tool - and one of the most promising that I've seen - but what really stands out is that the team behind it are a great bunch of people. They're really good on live chat (as you would hope!) and you do get to know them individually. They really care about delivering the best experience possible and the pace they are moving at with new features is admirable. It is that, above everything else, that gave me the confidence to go live with a deployment on our primary business website. I'm a very happy customer.

Cons

If there is one dislike, it's simply that there is so much (extra) promise in the tool but I can't have it all now! ;-) They are a young company, relatively, so there are still features which I would love to have (better notifications on stale chats, better handling of "out of hours", more automation features) but those are small things and it's the confidence that these things will come quickly that makes this a non-issue. The team really listen and act on feedback, so that's a massive bonus. I'd encourage you to get on-board at this stage. The tool is ready for prime-time use, and you have a real opportunity to actually shape the way it develops that you just wouldn't get with a more established tool.

Gist is a powerful all-in-one platform for sales and service

Gist gives us a single product for so much - live customer support, Knowledge Base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application and our website, and more.

Pros

Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications (like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others) with one platform. At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help. When it comes to their own support, Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering release new features.

Cons

For us, there is nothing to dislike. We cannot fault their product or their customer service.

Great Feature-Rich Software

Overall, Gist is great. There's a lot to learn to use it well.

Pros

Cons

It takes some getting used to setting up and using the product. But that's to be expected from such a feature-rich software.

Pricing

Alexis

The best chat, automation and marketing software

Overall Gist has been fabulous. I have found a powerful, fast and easy to use live chat tool. But it does not stop there, with the same tool I have solved other marketing needs such as Email Marketing, email campaigns, sales funnel and more.

Pros

Automation tools such as workflows and campaigns have been the answer we were looking for to improve our sales and support flow. Simply the best of the best.

Cons

I feel like they need to improve how bots work. While it is a very powerful tool, being able to set the bots to respond outside of my customer service hours is critical.

NaveenKumar