Browse Hospice Tools Reviews

zuzanna from Unity Hospice

Hospice Tools Review

Overall, Hospice tools is easy and convenient to use.

Pros

My most favorite feature about this software is how easy it is to use and does not require extensive training as it is "straight forward".

Cons

I feel that a feature allowing us NPs to copy problems/diagnoses table from previous chart with one click would be a fantastic addition allowing us to chart faster.

Switched positions/companies.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Hi Zuzanna. Thx for the review! Thanks for letting us know about that. We should be able to extend our auto-flow feature to include those fields. Let's discuss and we'll figure out which fields and forms to include. Thx!

Johanna from Unity Hospice and Palliative Care

Hospice Tools Pros and Cons

Overall, I feel that hospice tools has been extremely user-friendly and easy to onboard new staff to use proficiently. As I previously mentioned, I am new to using hospice tools and have never encountered a user question thus far, as I feel that each task is intuitive and self explanatory.

Pros

I am relatively new to using Hospice Tools (~3 months) and had a pretty seamless transition into it. I have a history with using Epic, which was quite involved, but I became an expert after some time. Hospice Tools is much more user-friendly from the start and very intuitive. Each role (cna, nurse, chaplain, APN, etc) has different documents they need to fill out and the set up of hospice tools makes it very clear which form is for which discipline. I have not run into technical questions since beginning my new role as it seems that each task is very well organized and clear. The new addition of being able to search for phone numbers on the main screen of edocs has saved a lot of time and stress and has been well received! As for timekeeper, my favorite part is that the "travel" selection auto-calculates mileage for reimbursement. That is one less task that the employee needs to handle and has been quite convenient.

Cons

My biggest gripe with hospice tools is that is does not connect with other healthcare systems. I also dislike some of the formatting on different forms (ie: some boxes for narrative responses are too small to read the entire response). Additionally, I would like a "search" feature within each patient's chart to be able to identify previously discussed topics. For example, if I wanted to know if my patient has ever complained of nausea at past visits, it would be more cohesive to type "nausea" into a search box in their chart and be able to see all instances where "nausea" was mentioned. Instead of this, I have to open each individual note and read through the note to identify if that issue had ever been mentioned.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Hi Johanna. Thanks for the great feedback. I'm forwarding your comments to tech as well. Thanks for some great suggestions! We will review and see what we can come up with for you.

Danielle from Bridges Hospice

Hospice Use

Pros

The speed and ease of access to see patient information

Cons

IDG updates are hard to track, as the clinicians are not able to enter their own information on the patients

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the feedback Danielle! We found that the single author for IDG narratives and then easy dashboard signing saves a lot of time in running IDG. However, we understand that different agencies have their own preferences and workflows and are updating to allow for group authoring as well. We'll let you know when that gets released and that should solve the problem,. Thx!

Kyle from Unity Hospice and Palliative Care

HIGHLY Recommend!

Hospice tools is super easy to use and has made my workflow extremely efficient and organized. It allows everyone within the company to collaborate with ease. I can look up patient information and see notes from staff members in their respective field with the click of a button on my phone. All while feeling secure knowing the platform complies with HIPPA's security and privacy regulations. Additionally keeping track of my timecard and PTO is a breeze. I'm sure HR lovesthe timekeeper function as well because it keeps things well organized by having dropdown menus to select the category for the type of work I did and notes section if I want to write further details. Lastly, I LOVE that I do not have to maually track my mileage when traveling. I simply can enter the to and from destination either by address or even facility name and the app will calculate the mileage for me!

Pros

- Super Easy to use - Streamlines Organization - Allows collaboration between Employees with ease - Helps me maintain my PTO and hours worked - Calculates mileage for me

Cons

I have not had any issues whatsoever. My experience has been great!

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thx for the awesome feedback Kyle! We're so glad to hear that Hospice Tools helps!

Karen from Unity Hospice

Clinical Social Worker

Hospice tools is easy to use and very efficiant. When updates are made, it is well communicated to us and they are available to sit down and actually explain the changes if need be. It allows space for narratives and the questions posed are very specific to the need and discipline. If for some reason my computer shuts down for whatever reason, it will automatically save my work.

Pros

I have used many softwares over the course of my 25 year career, but Hospice Tools has been the most efficient, user friendly and easy to access system I have ever used.

Cons

There are some specific questions I would like to add to the assessments. I would also like to see autocorrect as part of Hospice Tools. Several times I have contacted the administration of this software with my suggestions and each time I felt heard and valued. They have even made some changes per users requests.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks Karen! We appreciate the great feedback. I'd like to hear more about your autocorrect needs. Happy to hear that our support team is responsive and hears your needs and adjusts accordingly. Thx!

Emily from Unity Hospice and Palliative Care

From a Long Time HospiceTools User

Pros

Having been a user since its initial rollout, I appreciate how responsive the development team has been to user suggestions and growing needs. Many new features have been added, such as the ability to view the care team and their current visit frequencies from the eDocs Team tab, without having to open each IDG Update. As a Medical Records user, I like having the ability to upload a document from cloud storage, as well as my computer. Because HospiceTools is web-based with Apple/Android app support, it makes it easy to look up information quickly, as well as enter updates to eDocs and TimeKeeper.

Cons

The only frustrations I have experienced are related to product development, such as document uploading failing because of a programming glitch. These types of issues have typically been resolved quickly by Support.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your wonderful feedback Emily! Glad to hear that our amazing support team is on top of things right away!

Kelli from Bridges Hospice

Hospice Tools Review

The team at Hospice Tools is so helpful. They are always readily available for support. Anytime we have identified something we needed to change or "tweak" with in the system, they have done their best to ensure it happens. They care that the customer is happy and satisfied. When encountering any problem or concern, they promptly worked with us to understand the inner workings of our agency to ensure the solution would rectify the obstacle we had identified.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. It significantly cuts down on documentation time. Its a system specific to hospice and customizable to each agency's needs.

Cons

We plan on customizing the care planning section in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Hospice Tools

It was user friendly and a hospice specific product that we could customize to fit our agency needs.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied June 2021

Thanks for the awesome review Kelli! We're so glad to hear that our teams are super responsive and work with you to understand not just what you need, but why you need it. We believe that understanding how hospice happens is the key to developing the best hospice solutions. Great to hear your fantastic feedback. Thx!

LISA from Bridges Hospice

Not tech savvy but hospice tools is made for me

Time, time, time!! This system saves me a lot of time. I am old school , i have been a nurse for 23 years so i have always used paper and pen. The closest i had ever come to using anything techy was IV pumps and CBG machines. With that said this system is quite user friendly even for a person like myself .

Pros

I appreciate the flow of information once i log in. Everything i need to do makes absolute sense to me. When looking for information i am typically with a family or a patient and love that things are labeled for what they are. Information is not under some obscure tab, which allows me to find the information i am be looking for quickly and with ease. I am extremely comfortable with this operating system despite not having a great understanding of anything related to computers. Thank you kindly

Cons

I am unable to give any negative feedback about this system as it performs exactly the way and what i use it for everyday . Thank you kindly

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Fantastic Lisa! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We love to hear that and appreciate you taking the time. :-)

Erin from Bridges

Hospice Tools

I like it — it’s intuitive and allows you to focus in where you need to, and skim over what isn’t relevant.

Pros

I like the built in reference guides you can look at when you click the blue “i” buttons. The scale or tool being used will be explained, or past entries for the value you’re entering will be pulled up. I can see instantly what my patients weight or arm circumference measurements have been historically, and see trends at-a-glance. I also like that the software won’t let you close a note if a required is blank. It tells you exactly which field, on which page must be completed!

Cons

I wish the historical data feature was available on more fields, like falls, infections, or dates of Foley catheter insertions. I don’t think the Patient Goals section is very intuitive to use. We’ve had a lot of confusion with goals. I’d like to see units of measurement stated on the wound assessment document somewhere. Right now there’s no mention of whether we’re using inches or centimeters, and it won’t accept alphabetical characters in the measurements fields, so you can’t type it in yourself.

ELIZABETH from Unity hospice

Best Hospice Software!

Overall hospice tools is a great system, especially compared to previous systems used at previous jobs.

Pros

The functions are very clear and well organized! It is easy to finding and organize information.

Cons

I do wish the bereavement risk assessments auto populated the addresses/phone numbers. Also wish we could add Care Plans and they would save for later use. But this is a small edit. Overall it is a good system.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Hi Elizabeth. Thx for the nice feedback. I'll forward the bereavement request to tech to include in our bereavement dashboard update. Wasn't sure what you meant about care plans. They save and are listed in the Plan of Care dashboard for updating/discontinuing. Send me an email and we can discuss. Thx!

Judith from Unity Hospice and Palliative Care

Hospice Tools is very user friendly and designed for Hospice care teams.

Excellent. Very happy with this EMR.

Pros

The care plans, progress notes, and visits notes are simple and easy to use, yet still prompt users to include all necessary information.

Cons

The software could prompt users more to eliminate the risk of overlooked task such as visit frequencies and care plan update. It would also be helpful if the software notified users when they are assigned a new patient.

It was time!

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied June 2021

Thanks for the fantastic review Judith! We're glad to hear that Hospice Tools really helps. We're planning some updates later this year that should deal with the prompt issues you've mentioned. Thx!

Amanda from Unity Hospice

User Review of Hospice Tools

Overall experience is positive. Easy to use on computer and phone.

Pros

I began using HospiceTools 6 months ago when I started a new job. It's user-friendly, intuitive, and not complicated. The design is clear, patient's charts are easy to navigate. I like the Sticky Notes section so that team members can leave notes for each other that isn't part of the official medical chart. I like that Hospice Tools/eDocs/Time Keeper allows me to easy calculate my mileage to/from patient visits. It's helpful that I can click on a patient's address and it automatically opens the Maps app in my phone and I can be off in a jiffy!

Cons

I have had trouble uploading pictures to a patient's chart (e.g. a photo of a patient's advanced directive) and usually have to sent to medical records team for them to upload it themselves. It would be helpful if Hospice Tools accepting multiple formats for upload.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your great review Amanda - especially about some of the neat super-useful features in the mobile app! We've upgraded the scanning feature recently and you should see multiple format scanning options. Hope that helps!

Amy from Unity Hospice

Common Sense Documentation

Pros

Hospice Tools makes charting easy and straightforward. Patient lists and calendar features help to keep organized. Easy to update the facesheet and teams as needed, and sticky notes is a great way to ensure all staff are aware of information they might need to attend to on call needs.

Cons

It would be nice if some of the existing templates could be edited more easily to add or change portions.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied June 2021

Hi Amy, thanks for the great feedback! We're planning a release later this year that will give more internal controls to editing templates which should take care of that for you. Thx!

Marco from Unity Hospice

Look no further, hospicetools software is the best

Easy to use overall. Best part is being able to look up all the same information on the go through the app as well as one the computer. One of the best features is the ability to search a phone number in hospice tools when I've missed a phone call from a patient or family member.

Pros

Working in the hospice industry for over 10 years my experience has taught me to focus on patient and family needs. Hospice tools allows for a user friendly experience where i can quickly meet the needs of my clients. Having the option to work on hospice tools just as easily as on the app is what I enjoy the most.

Cons

Only con that comes to my mind, is sometime I forget my password. Otherwise, that's it.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the fantastic feedback Marco!! We're so happy to hear that you've had a great experience and that Hospice Tools helps!

Brandon from AZ Hospice Care Inc

Excellent EMR that follows regulations and is customizable

I have had an overall wonderful experience with Hospice Tools!!

Pros

I love how customizable the system is. The customer service is excellent and if I have any issues or need something changed, the tech team is quick to respond and figure out a way to fix the system the way I ask and still follow the rules and regulations of Medicare.

Cons

It is easy to duplicate patient accounts and facility profiles and they can't be deleted easily.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the awesome feedback Brandon! Our security best practices prevent us from making it too easy to delete a patient or facility from the system. Those are issues we want to err on the side of caution. But I think there may be other ways to help deal with that issue. We'll discuss internally and see what we can come up with. Thx!

Joe from Unity Hospice

Hospice Tools

An excellent addition to be able to access needed information any time and any where.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. User friendly and applicable. Access across any device. Ongoing updates and added features. Valuable reporting features for auditing and monitoring activity. Comprehensive covering the spectrum of our practice.

Cons

I would like to see a more extensive search feature that categorizes chart subjects, type of note or who submitted.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your great comments Joe! I'd like to hear more about how we can expand our search feature. Email me? Thx!

Debra from BRIDGES HOSPICE

Hospice Tools Review

This EMR system has significantly cut the amount of time that staff are documenting.

Pros

I liked that the forms were customizable to our specific needs. The Hospice Tools team worked hard to get our forms exactly the way we wanted them.

Cons

I would like to see the care plan section revised so its easier to update and document that the plan was revised or met and discontinued.

Reasons for Switching to Hospice Tools

We liked that the system was specifically for hospice and not one that was a home health system with a hospice component. It is intuitive and very easy to use, the amount of time to train the staff on the new system was minimal. The Hospice Tools team is great to work with and very responsive.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thank you for the great feedback Debra! We've got some updates coming to our Smart Care Plans that should handle that. Thx!

cathy from Unity Hospice

Hospice Tools

that there are other ways to look up a patient other than there name. i like the phone number that you can look up

Pros

everything is right there and you don't have to go everywhere else to get the info.

Cons

that you have to change password so often .

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the great feedback Cathy. We know updating passwords can be annoying, but especially with mobile apps and hospice, best practices for security and HIPPA make that an issue that we can't really change right now. Glad that you love everything else! :-)

Alan from Unity Hospice

Intuitive and Straightforward

Pros

Hospicetools is easy to understand. Rarely does a staff member need to repeat training on how to use the system.

Cons

No Electronic prescribing No patient search bar on EVERY page- so you can jump to any patient without first going to the "patients" tab.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the feedback Alan. We've got ePrescribing in the works and will have that built-in. We're also working on updating the header bar info. Hopefully in the next few months you'll see those and more!

Sydney from Unity Hospice

Industry: Mental Health Care

Well designed software

Pros

I think that there are a lot of different options for needs with the software in the case of I'm always able to find what I'm looking for. Also they have great security measures to protect your account as well as customer service.

Cons

I wish that there was an automatic save on the software because sometimes there is a wifi or network issue and then everything will have to be re written. I know you can save and close but in the middle of a report I don't always remember to do that.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the nice review Sydney. We have instituted an auto save feature when you click 'Next' on a form and by default every 30 seconds. Although there is still a chance you may lose a few fields if you close within the 30 sec window and don't click save, we hope this helps. :-) Thx!

Avi from Unity Hospice

Great Hospice Software

Pros

It's easy to use. It's easy to use. It's easy to use. Even with that, it has great functionality, as well as some features that are missing from other hospice software. I love how Edocs, TimeKeeper and Billing all work together so well.

Cons

No real cons. If I would have to pick one thing, I would say that the aesthetics aren't as cool as they can be. However, that doesn't impact functionality at all.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the great review Avi!

Monica from Unity hospice

Great hospice Software!

From intake ,to daily charting, to discharge, hospice tools simplifies my work

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to learn, even for those users who are not tech-savvy. Simple, uncomplicated interface.

Cons

The simplicity of the design can sometimes be a drawback, but anything additional can always be put in a progress note.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the awesome feedback Monica! So glad to hear that it's easy to use and simplifies things for you. That's exactly our goal! I know sometimes it can seam so easy to use and intuitive we can almost forget how powerful and robust it is. Y'know what they say, 'simplicity is the highest form of complexity' :-) Thx!

Melinda from Unity Hospice

hospice tools

Great job Unity Hospice Tools!

Pros

Easy to use, quick, organized- loved the mobile option and recent feature additions

Cons

In Timekeeper, it is difficult that you cant put in an exact name to find a patient quickly. Also when inputting time stamps, it often changes AM to PM (or vice versa) incorrectly.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thx for the feedback Melinda. We'll look into the TimeKeeper name search and see if that can be made more flexible.

Taryn from Unity Hospice

Hospice nurse review

Very good.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. There are many options for inputting information- from freehand to check boxes.

Cons

Sometimes limiting when in depth documentation is required.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thx for your great feedback Taryn. Our forms are customizable so if there are more input fields or another type of form you need added to your library, let's discuss. Thx!

Tzina from Unity Hospice

Hospice Tools makes workflow more streamlined and organized

Payables to nursing homes is made much more streamlined and organized and I like that all the information on each patient is readily available

Pros

Easy to enter data and lots of information is easy to find when needed

Cons

Was a little hard to find all the functions at first, but with usage and training it was worth it!

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Hi Tzina. Thx for the great feeback! We appreciate it :-)

Peter from Unity Hospice

Daily User

Went from paper to Hospice Tools and never looked back!

Pros

Concise and ensures CMS compliance with proper input.

Cons

Not always gathers the right information for collating data such as parameters for filling out recertification documentation.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the review Peter. I'd like to hear more about collating data parameters. Send me an email please. Thx!

Tori from Unity Hospice

Pros

Is the flow of getting from one patient to the next

Cons

I wished you didn’t have to change your password so often

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied June 2021

Hi Tori. Thanks for the great review! We appreciate it. We understand that while changing your password can be annoying, we follow HIPPA best practices for health-tech security. However, we are always looking for ways to improve the Hospice Tools experience and hopefully in the future there will be a new tech solution to make that process smoother. Thx!

Julie from Hospice and Palliative

Intake Coordinator - sales

I use tools daily, I find it very user friendly.

Pros

Easy to use! Several ways to look up information.

Cons

No complaints - best work system I've used thus far.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the fantastic feedback Julie! We're so glad to hear how Hospice Tools helps you!

Dina from Unity Hospice and Palliative Care

Very easily accessible.

Pros

This software is very easy to understand and follow. The topics cover all necessary information that needs to be documented.

Cons

I can picture any needed improvements at this time.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thx for the awesome feedback Dina!

Amrita from Unity hospice and palliative care

Hospice tool : Palliative consultation note

Pros

It is easy to access and it makes my life easy. In my practice, we have lot of charting but the way the palliative consultation note has been made, it is very straight forward and easy to chart.

Cons

I personally do not have any bad experience with the hospice tool.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thx for the awesome review Amrita. Glad to hear that Hospice Tools really helps!

Kylie from Unity Hospice

RNCM review

Pros

Ease of use. I feel efficient when I am using

Cons

I wish I could easily pull over old info from old charts

Charmonique from Unity Hospice

Great software

Easy to use.

Pros

It’s very user friendly and easy to make modifications.

Cons

Some categories are not available that I would like for entering data.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the feedback Charmonique. Let us know what you mean by categories and we'll see if we can add in what you're looking for. Thanks!

Marc from Unity hospice of Chicagoland

Hospice Tools Review

Pros

East to access from anywhere, information is easy to find, data displayed in easy to read format

Cons

There is no “next” button to bring you to the next progress note. You have to click back, and if you are not on the first page of notes, you have to then click the page again.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the great review Marc! Please email me. I'd like to hear more about how you see a "Next Form' trigger. Thx!

Dana from Bridges Hospice

Hospice tools

Pros

It has become easier to use. You can pull up names of patients easy.

Cons

It changes the pm and am times often. At first it would not give you the address of the facility. Recently that has been working correctly.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied June 2021

Thx for the review Dana. We're glad to hear that those updates have helped. Let us know where the am:pm issue occurred and we'll look into that. Thx!

Sarah from Unity hospice & Palliative Care

Hospice Tools

Pros

Documenting is easy to figure out with little to no training.

Cons

Too many features of charting that I don’t use.

I changed jobs.

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the feedback Sarah! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think :-)

Michelle from Bridges Hospice

Hospice Tools Easy to Use

Pros

The charting I use in hospice tools is very quick and easy to use. No waiting for anything to load.

Cons

No cons for me. I have never had a problem with it

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied June 2021

Hi Michelle, Thx for the awesome feedback! We are super happy to hear that you enjoy working with Hospice Tools and that our solution helps! Thx!

Nellie from AZ Hospice Care

Hospice Tools review

Pros

Can use from any device I-Pad, Cell, laptop

Cons

Ability to make individualized pt assignment.

Omotola from Unity hospice

Very easy to use

I have been using this daily and it's a life saver. I like the fact that it's connected to time keeper, you can auto build your time keeper from your edocs.

Pros

It is very easy to use. You can search by either first name, last name, phone number

Cons

I haven't noticed anything that I don't like. Hospice tools is a life saver

Response from Hospice Tools

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the awesome feedback Omotola! Glad to hear that Hospice Tools helps :-)