Reviewsnap Software

Founded in 2007, Reviewsnap offers an integrated suite of talent management solutions spanning performance reviews, compensation management and learning management. The web-based solution allows businesses to streamline the performance management process of their employees with 360-degree performance review system.

Users are automatically granted access to all applications in the Reviewsnap suite, rather than having to access them à la carte. A personalized dashboard allows employees to view their compensation, rewards, achievements and engagements on a single screen.

The system is flexible, allowing users to customize the review process. For instance, managers can change the criteria used to evaluate the employees or choose from a bank of provided performance review templates.

As a web-based performance management solution, Reviewsnap is accessible via any device with an Internet connection. The solution is suited for businesses of all sizes, across multiple industries, and provides customer service to client companies located anywhere in the world.

Reviewsnap - Manage employees

Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8

86 Reviews of Reviewsnap

Start your review of Reviewsnap

Click to start
Software Advice Reviews (19)
More Reviews (67)

Showing 1-19 of 19

Marisol from The LaurelRock Company
Number of employees: 11-50 employees Employees number: 11-50 employees

Too much manual input and no history retained for multiple changes that occur within the year.

Product Quality

This program needs to be much less manual, more technological savvy and easier to use.

Pros

Flexibility in creating forms, smooth process for 360 feedback, and place on recommended increase .

Cons

Forms are not editable once used, no multiple salary history within a year, all manual/no downloads.

mischa from CEW

New Customer

Product Quality

We had been conducting reviews in house, without any formal systems in place for email reminders, status updates, etc. I took my wish list to ReviewSnap along with my implementation date and the team has been great! I even recommended them to a friend of mine for their business needs.

Pros

Budget friendly, not overly complicated - user-friendly
In system alerts and status.
Comparison of self-review/mgr review.
Ability to take notes, give praise, etc throughout the year Customer service, Realistic timetables.

Cons

A database of sample templates to choose from or compare to.

Advice to Others

The hardest part of tackling this type of project is to ensure that you have all of your ducks in a row prior to going live. Ask questions, play in the system and get a feel for what it does and can do.

Drew from Chainalytics

Solid Product

Product Quality

Very solid product with lots of functionality! We are excited about the possibility of using this product.

Pros

Cost
Unlimited Processes
Competencies already built in

Brandi from WALCO Tool & Engineering

so-so

Product Quality

I am not sure what happened, but the customer service was great and then was non-existent overnight. Emails were not being responded to; no one was answering the phone, and messages were not returned. Eventually, I got someone on the phone and found out an I had a new account rep (no one reached out to me) and she has been okay but not nearly as available or responsive as our first rep.

Pros

Reviewsnap is better than the paper reviews we used in the past. Our first account rep was great.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to get the reviews setup and changing them is time-consuming and clunky. There are far too many screens and little boxes that need to be checked perfectly for everything to run smooth. Our employees often have login problems, but no one answers the customer service line. The website is also not mobile friendly.

Advice to Others

Reviewsnap gets them job done and the price is reasonable, if I had a bigger budget I would probably go with another company.

Lisa from WorkMoreHuman
Number of employees: 2-10 employees Employees number: 2-10 employees

Simply and user friendly performance system

Product Quality

I reviewed 5 software systems for small business performance management and found review snap to be the best. Many systems are cumbersome and offer many modules, which I didn't need.

Pros

Simply, user-friendly and only performance -- one module, which is what I was seeking.

Cons

None.

Lorena from Ducker Research NA LLC

September 2016

September 2016

ReviewSnap software is a good buy

Likes Best

ReviewSnap was helpful getting us set up and ready to go with the way we like to do our evaluations. Response to resolve issues was quick and thorough. The product does what we need it to do. There is more offered that I have not explored, yet.

Likes Least

The training manual is hard to follow and not very user friendly or descriptive of steps to follow. Creating reports is not easy to do, so I imagine I will need to ask for assistance.

Recommendations

Training manual is not very helpful, but the employees who handle customer support are very good at what they do, easy to work with and efficient at resolving issues or requests.

Aaron from Phillips66
Specialty: Engineering

April 2015

April 2015

Reviewsnap

Reviewsnap

Likes Best

It is easy to use and lets me keep track of accomplishments for performance reviews.

Likes Least

It is difficult to remember to update it throughout the year. There should be a reminder feature.

Recommendations

I don't know because I'm not sure what this question is asking.

Mary from PAI

March 2015

March 2015

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Likes Best

As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands down - very easy to set up, minimal training required, and all our priority requirements - fairly standard - were covered in their product. Employee profiles and job descriptions, competency and other review sections with lots of flexibility for overall design, ratings, comments, option to select from stock examples or use our own; integrated ongoing management of work and professional development goals, a great 'journaling' feature for keeping track of accomplishments through the year or for giving kudos to colleagues; automated notifications for deadlines and digital signatures. If users do need help, there is a small, onsite set of user manuals, workflow diagrams, etc. We added links to our performance review policies, etc on our Reviewsnap "Welcome page". Once our own system was set up, our Reviewsnap rep trained the 2 groups (employees/supervisors) via short webcast and the recordings are now permanently available to walk new staff through the site in under 10 minutes. Most notably, our customer service rep (same person over the last 3 years) has been absolutely exceptional. Her turnaround time is usually within a couple hours, responses are always helpful, short and and to-the-point, and if another service department is ever needed, she coordinates that. I also very much appreciated working through the trial period with a company that allowed us to work at our own pace without pressuring us to make a quick purchase. That flexibility helped assure we had the time needed to select the right product. Reviewsnap listens to their customers and keeps improving the product without inflating the cost.

Likes Least

It's very minor, and the only reason I give them one "9" below, but the last couple steps involve a hand-off of the review and then initiating final approvals and signatures. Some staff have neglected to complete the last couple steps that officially close off the review, and we would just find it helpful to have the system keep notifying staff, after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, that they're not done yet, and remind them what steps they need to do to officially close the review. If nothing else, staff will eventually discover their lapse when they try to begin a new review and are unable to. If the system helped prompt them to close out the review, it would just avoid their being confused when they try to begin a new one.

Recommendations

Don't be overly impressed by slick dashboards and graphs or a pretty interface. Pay attention to ease of setup and usability. Definitely commit a bit of time to a trial run. It won't take long to tell which products require lots of dedicated staff time and costly training and support to learn and maintain.

Hailie from SBA Global
Specialty: Transportation

December 2014

December 2014

ReviewSnap Review

Likes Best

ReviewSnap is very easy to use and extremely user-friendly. The program has all the functionality we need without the bells and whistles we do not. ReviewSnap gave us a dedicated account rep that has been there to support us over the last three years in making changes to our account and increasing our usage of their features. The product is also extremely customizable. Because it is web-based, it keeps a record that you can access from anywhere. Based on my research, the price was also very competitive for what they offer.

Likes Least

Over the last three years, ReviewSnap has continued to improve and implemented many of the changes we have requested.

Recommendations

Before looking at software, evaluate what you absolutely need, what you would like, and what you do not need. Create a budget for the program. Evaluate the employees who will be using the program and their level of computer/software literacy. Create a priority list: price, functionality, user friendly, access, etc.

Quanita from The International Center for Research on Women

November 2014

Reviewsnap is a great product and customer service is top-notch!

Likes Best

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and customizable. What I liked best is that we were able to work with the Reviewsnap implementation team to create exactly what we needed and what worked for the organization. In addition, the 360 and compensation module came with the service. Reveiwsnap handled all of the training at our HQ office and our multiple field offices. There were no hidden costs.

Likes Least

The multiple screen options were a little difficult for us to get used to. Sometimes you have to dig a little before finding exactly what you need.

Recommendations

We reviewed at least five vendors before selecting Reviewsnap. I would recommend that organizations pay close attention to what's being offered. A lot of vendors provide "A la carte" services and in the end, the cost could add up. Reviewsnap does not do this. Their system comes "Fully loaded" ready with the services most organizations need.

Kari from WAGO Corporation

Human Resources Manager

Likes Best

It's a user-friendly web-based product. The company has great customer service.

Likes Least

There's nothing that comes to mind at this time.

Recommendations

Small to mid-size companies will benefit greatly from this software.

Anita from Crown Packaging Corporation

User-Friendly.

Likes Best

You create your own review templates, frequency of reviews and scoring range and description. This is not a you have to pay to add on an additional feature like some vendors. Also, instead of deleting past employees, you simply deactivate them. We have been with ReviewSnap over five years. In that time, there have been many excellent updates and improvements to the system. I love the Supervisor Guide and Administrator Guide. It took me awhile to get the supervisors to start using the Journal Entries function. Now that they do, they see the advantage in being able to add noteworthy events, training, etc., throughout the review period and spend less time trying to gather information together to put in the review.

Likes Least

Nothing. The issues that were there when we first signed up were issues that the vendor later improved on in the updates. The updates were all positive and did not create a burden on the user.

Recommendations

Look at the ability to totally customize without extra cost and no charge for updates.

Christine from Wessel & Company
Specialty: Accounting / CPA

Great Customer Service

Likes Best

Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and helped streamline our evaluation process. Their customer service is top-notch, professional, friendly, and very helpful. If I have a question on anything, they get back to me within minutes, which helps keep my day moving.

Likes Least

The only bad experience I have had is with the training through OpenSense, but the problem was not with Reviewsnap. I don't think OpenSense Customer Service is at a level that Reviewsnap is, so it was disappointing not to have that same level of service from OpenSense.

Recommendations

If you want to make your evaluation software paperless and engage staff in the process, Reviewsnap is your answer.

Pat from Rental Leasing Services

Reviewsnap Web-based Performance Management Software

Likes Best

I like the cost and ease of use.

Likes Least

I've been a subscriber of this product and have worked with the same vendor contact since August, 2010. I've no issues with either. The product does what I signed on for, and my vendor contact has always timely responded whenever I have had a question.

Recommendations

If you're looking for performance management software that's cost effective, reliable, and does not require a lot of your time and intervention, this is it. If you are looking for performance management software that offers you great customer service with human contact that doesn't rely on pointing you to a recorded video how to whenever you need assistance, this is it. Don't just take my word for it, try it and judge it for yourself. Reviewsnap is one of the best technology investments we've made for our employees and management.

Melissa from Batten & Shaw, Inc.
Specialty: Construction / Contracting

November 2014

Reviewsnap Administrator for 2 years - very pleased!

Likes Best

The customer service that we receive from Reviewsnap is fabulous. The individual that took us through the sales process became our relationship manager, so there was never a handoff or any time/knowledge lost in a transition. She is extremely responsive and always goes above and beyond to ensure that the software meets our needs.

Likes Least

Reviewsnap is a standalone product, so the only negative that I would say about it is that it's a separate system from others that we have in our company (ex: applicant tracking system, customer management software, etc.). It is one more login for our employees to keep track of. Our typical employee utilizes the system infrequently, which means that some individuals forget their login information and need to have it resent to them each time they are asked to complete something in the system.

Recommendations

When we went through the process of evaluating software products, we liked that Reviewsnap is straightforward and user-friendly. It doesn't have a lot of unnecessary functionality that would confuse our users or complicate their ability to complete reviews. Other products had more bells and whistles, but we didn't feel that they were necessary. We've been able to utilize all of the functionality that we needed from the Reviewsnap system, and it meets the need that we purchased it for.

Sharai from The Phoenix Stores Limited
Specialty: Retail

November 2014

Reviewsnap has been a great tool for our business!

Likes Best

Reviewsnap has a user-friendly platform that makes it easy for everybody to use! Since implementing Reviewsnap, we no longer have to manually complete our reviews or remind managers to complete them. It's a great system!

Likes Least

I wish email addresses were not mandatory for setting up a new employee. A lot of our employees don't have an email address for work.

Recommendations

If you're looking for a performance review software that's simple and easy to use, contact Reviewsnap. Our rep was so helpful and patient when we were getting started. We've been using the system for a few years now, and he still keeps in touch and responds promptly when we have questions.

Kimberly from Fabick CAT

Reviewsnap Software

Likes Best

The product is able to be modified to suit our needs. Reviewsnap has beyond excellent customer service. They are there to assist you with any questions at any time. They are very responsive and have a strong desire to exceed your expectations.

Likes Least

I really can't say that I have anything. One enhancement would be to be able to fully integrate with our HRIS system; however, the ability to download/upload data negates that.

Recommendations

Consider this as a viable solution to your performance management process.

Nancy from Geiger

November 2014

Product is used for our annual associate performance evaluations.

Likes Best

The ability to customize review templates. The vendor is very responsive to request and questions. The vendor has been able to make product enhancement based on our needs, which is extremely appreciated.

Likes Least

There are some system limitations for specialized requests, but the vendor is able to customize, if needed, for a fee, which is understandable. I have been able to use effectively without customization.

Recommendations

Determine what kind of evaluations will be used and how you'd like it administered prior to signing up for the trial so that the trial period can be utilized effectively.

Amie from Tarrant Area Food Bank

Reviewsnap is a snap!

Likes Best

The software is very easy use and the vendor provides excellent customer service. Appraisals are easy to build, and the comment suggestions are valued by our supervisory team.

Likes Least

Ad hoc reporting can be a bit cumbersome, but the standard reports contain most of the data I need.

The top 3 requirements to ensure are:
1. Ease of use for Administrator and end users
2. Customer Service and technical support teams are easily reachable and provide excellent service
3. Reporting capabilities are robust

Showing 1-20 of 67

Ashley from ART's Messaging

Review A Review

Support

The system is flexible, allowing users to customize the review process. This one of the best products that I have used! I would recommend this product to anyone that has a small business.

Pros

Accessible from any device with Internet access

Cons

Partners have to get used to it

Advice to Others

Although it works for any size business, it's more efficient when you have 50 or more consistent clients each month

Renee from Axispoint Technology Solutions Group, Inc.

Big Fan of Reviewsnap

Support

I use Reviewsnap for year end performance evaluations. I like that it is modular and relatively easy to use. I think it is very flexible, which is great, but not always intuitive. I enjoy working with it and so do my managers.

Diana from BroadGrain Commodities

ReviewSnap

Support

initiating a performance review is usually a very smooth easy process although this past January we experienced a lot of difficulty and delays. It was concerning as we missed our deadline and it seemed as though we may have had a mess up with old reviews. it was a technical and service issue.

Pros

it's a simple software, internet based, and the service is usually good

Cons

the compensation module isn't as extensive as we need it

n/a

Kelly from Provenance Consulting

May 2016

I am the primary administrator of the software within my company.

Support

The software is very easy to use, setup and maintain. The only recommendation that I have is to have additional reporting features and more robust reporting capabilities.

Abigail from Veritext

May 2016

Great system for our performance management needs!

Support

Easy to use, flexible system. Great customer service, prompt and courteous. Works great for our needs!

cynthia from Hussey Seating

Love this system

Support

Since we have implemented this software, I have only heard positive comments from the users. From an Administrators point of view it is very easy to manage, make changes and updates. Our account rep is also right on it whenever I need assistance - Candace Beebe

Nancy from Nanophase Technologies

April 2016

Our company implemented Reviewsnap for our 2015 performance management reviews and goals.

Support

Very easy to implement; extremely flexible in setup; we customized templates for three employee classes. The list of competency groups is so comprehensive and the individual competencies allow for so many different levels - it was very easy to put together review templates that were more meaningful to our employees.
Love that performance management of competencies, goals, journal entries are all in one place. And that multiple people can view journal entries and kudos; love the kudos.
Goal setting is easy to do.
Would like even more capabilities with cascading goals, but part of that is training within our company.
The support given by Reviewsnap staff is excellent. They are very responsive and helpful and spend time to help you understand the system very thoroughly.
Our employees loved how easy it was to use. Simple things like having individual file folders with employee pictures is really nice, too.
We are very pleased with Reviewsnap and will begin to utilize the compensation module to make it even more comprehensive and useful. Like that you can install one module at a time, so users can get familiar with it.
Great feedback from management team and employees as well.

Karen from Life University

Use of Reviewsnap

Support

I have only used the software for 90-days however I find the system user friendly however reporting is a major issue when you are trying to determine if reviews have been completed by the employee, supervisor, prior supervisor etc... There are limited parameters you can set to download this information.

Laurie from Fraser Valley Child Development Centre

April 2016

Been using for 4 years now - overall works well for us.

¿ 360 process works great - simple to use and big time saver in compiling data
¿ customer service has always been excellent - willing to listen and make changes based on recommendations
¿ I would prefer that external raters have their own "list" area and not show up in my list of staff... when searching for a staff member the list gets long. I often use the first letter of the name I am searching for but still have to work through a lot of external raters at the bottom of the list first to get to where I am trying to go.

James from Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation

April 2016

Our company (16 employees) has used this software for our last 2 semi-annual reviews.

Support

System setup was relatively quick and easy. Initial training provided was well done and useful.

The processes of handing off reviews from employee to supervisor and obtaining signatures, etc. is not intuitive and has led to some confusion for many of the staff. The system should provide more help information on the various screens.

Rose from PrimeSource

Format is Logical

Support

Pros - the sections flow well and allow the user to customize

Cons- difficulty in keeping the manager/ee relationhip census up to date.

Catalina from adMarketplace

Great Service

Support

We've had a great experience using Reviewsnap. Every time we want to make a change or add something customer service has been very helpful.

Kenneth from APS Bank Ltd.

Customer focused

Support

Apart from being an excellent easy to use off-the-shelf product, ReviewSnap excel in customer service and that is what makes this product a package to rely on. from experience, any issues were dealt with within the day. What I consider also a plus, is that request for customisation is possible obviously at a fee.

One of the issues that we faced was that the system does not have an audit trail. A question that was raised by internal Audit. However, considering the fact that the workflow of the process is very straight forward, not having an Audit trail did not effect on our decision to select this product.

Carmen from Albemarle

Excellent

Great reporting features.

No ability to alphabetize templates or organize them into folders. No attachment functionality in a template.

Ashley from Bart's

360 review

Support

I wish the system gave you the opportunity to make notes on each area where you rate someone lower than a 3.
It is overall easy to use
At the end when you complete the review it is a little confusing, but not bad

Kahla from Working Solutions

Unbeatable Customer Service and Great Product

Support

There isn't another software company that has beat the customer service I receive on an on-going basis from ReviewSnap. Besides the fact that the product is awesome and so easy to set-up and use, its always important to be able to reach someone. ReviewSnap has been wonderful and made the performance management in our company so much more friendly.

The features that I love most are the journal entries, kudos and the approval process. Managers all dread reviews, but with this product we made it simple and real time. I haven't found another one that competes!

Rachel from Koch Companies

Over the top Customer Service

Support

We starting working with Reviewsnap in October 2015 and rolled out the platform to our employees in Feburary 2016. Candace and Sandy spent countless hours with us designing the platform, importing data, creating review templates, and training employees. We were able to customize the review templates, approval workflow, and compensation process. The only cons we've experienced so far are that there are a limited number of reports that can be generated and that this isn't a mass edit/import for paygrades, matrix, and % of increase amounts. Overall we are very happy with the product and the service we have received.

Sheryl from Metaformers

April 2016

Reviewsnap is a great performance review system.

Support

Reviewsnap is configurable and rich in functionality. It is easy to use and requires very little training. Being a consultancy firm that implements HCM software we appreciate Reviewsnap's versatility and their outstanding customer service.

greg from Vantis Life Insurance Company

Review Snap Product

Support

I had a previous performance review product for my company and lost the support services for it as the company went out of business. I came across this product while I was on a HR convention last year. The transition/conversion was effortless. The support staff is superb and extremely responsive. I highly recommend this product. Thank you Reviewsnap.

Elaine from APS Bank Ltd

A good PMP system

Support

Reviewsnap is a very user friendly system to carry out the performance appraisal process.