Reviewsnap Software

4.42 / 5 (106)

Our advisors have recommended this product 18 times in the last 30 days

About Reviewsnap

Founded in 2007, Reviewsnap offers an integrated suite of talent management solutions spanning performance reviews, compensation management and learning management. The web-based solution allows businesses to streamline the performance management process of their employees with 360-degree performance review system.

Users are automatically granted access to all applications in the Reviewsnap suite, rather than having to access them à la carte. A personalized dashboard allows employees to view their compensation, rewards, achievements and engagements on a single screen.

The system is flexible, allowing users to customize the review process. For instance, managers can change the criteria used to evaluate the employees or choose from a bank of provided performance review templates.

As a web-based performance management solution, Reviewsnap is accessible via any device with an Internet connection. The solution is suited for businesses of all sizes, across multiple industries, and provides customer service to client companies located anywhere in the world.

Supported Operating System(s):

Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8

106 Reviews of Reviewsnap

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.42 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 106 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

March 2015

Mary from PAI

March 2015

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Pros

As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands down - very easy to set up, minimal training required, and all our priority requirements - fairly standard - were covered in their product. Employee profiles and job descriptions, competency and other review sections with lots of flexibility for overall design, ratings, comments, option to select from stock examples or use our own; integrated ongoing management of work and professional development goals, a great 'journaling' feature for keeping track of accomplishments through the year or for giving kudos to colleagues; automated notifications for deadlines and digital signatures. If users do need help, there is a small, onsite set of user manuals, workflow diagrams, etc. We added links to our performance review policies, etc on our Reviewsnap "Welcome page". Once our own system was set up, our Reviewsnap rep trained the 2 groups (employees/supervisors) via short webcast and the recordings are now permanently available to walk new staff through the site in under 10 minutes. Most notably, our customer service rep (same person over the last 3 years) has been absolutely exceptional. Her turnaround time is usually within a couple hours, responses are always helpful, short and and to-the-point, and if another service department is ever needed, she coordinates that. I also very much appreciated working through the trial period with a company that allowed us to work at our own pace without pressuring us to make a quick purchase. That flexibility helped assure we had the time needed to select the right product. Reviewsnap listens to their customers and keeps improving the product without inflating the cost.

Cons

It's very minor, and the only reason I give them one "9" below, but the last couple steps involve a hand-off of the review and then initiating final approvals and signatures. Some staff have neglected to complete the last couple steps that officially close off the review, and we would just find it helpful to have the system keep notifying staff, after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, that they're not done yet, and remind them what steps they need to do to officially close the review. If nothing else, staff will eventually discover their lapse when they try to begin a new review and are unable to. If the system helped prompt them to close out the review, it would just avoid their being confused when they try to begin a new one.

Kacy from Invaluable

Poor Experience

The first experience was good but all since have been negative. I'm sure they're great to some clients but that was not what I've received.

Pros

The UI was difficult to use last year so I was very excited to see they were upgrading the platform. The new platform looks like it'll be great, so it's too bad I won't get to use it.

Cons

I understand that not everyone has had the same experience as me, but I've been extremely unimpressed with ReviewSnap.

We were told that our review timeline was able to be accommodated by an upcoming system upgrade. I asked the rep whether we could have it up and running for a mid-November start and she assured me we could. I told her I would reach out a week or two later to let her know we were ready to upgrade. She said this was ok.

Fast forward 2 weeks. I emailed her to let her know we were ready and then didn't get a response until 10 days later. By this time all of the upgrade slots were full. I was told that I would be updated when we moved up. I then had to reach out on two separate occasions to see what our status was, each time being told that "we were in the queue". My second email this morning was given the exact same response: "you're in the queue". This second email also said that they think they could get me a slot in mid-October to mid-November, but couldn't guarantee it.

At no point in this process has anyone from ReviewSnap reached out to me update me or try to give me an answer without me reaching out first. They have not been a partner and have certainly not made me feel like we were spending our money wisely. For me personally they've taken the route of replacing customer service with apologies.

We have asked to be taken off the upgrade list since we will not be renewing. Maybe now someone can finally get a slot.

Janet from CRES Insurance Services LLC

April 2016

Performance reviews that are tailored to your needs and easy to customize as your needs change.

Pros: Reviewsnap is the first Performance Management System our company has used. We did a thorough search for products that would meet our needs and budget, and Reviewsnap was the best value. They helped us tailor the program to our specific situation, and worked with us to iron out any kinks if things didn't go the way we thought they would. The tech team made sure they understood our needs, and kept at it until we had the system operating as our COO requested. The tech support is highly responsive and knowledgeable, and gets answers for us in a timely manner. Our Customer Service Representative has provided help and answers for us as we have evolved in our review process. She has gone out of her way to train our managers on a one-on-one basis if needed to make sure they understand the system. The system is easy to customize when our company updates our performance procedures. Reviewsnap also uses feedback from users of the system to make updates and improvements. The product is a great value financially for our small company. Cons: Our problems mainly result from lack of engagement from managers. We have automated our review process in the past 3 years, so the culture is difficult to shift from a more 'free for all' format. Because of this, there is some resistance to actually learning the program fully. There are some technical features that do require frequent use to become familiar, so we have to train some people more frequently on how to use the system. But most managers are extremely good at using Reviewsnap, and find it very easy and intuitive. Overall, getting buy in from your management team is essential in any performance review system. Reviewsnap is a valuable tool our company uses to track performance and stay on top of goals for the team. I recommend it highly.

November 2014

Melissa from Batten & Shaw, Inc.

November 2014

Reviewsnap Administrator for 2 years - very pleased!

Pros

The customer service that we receive from Reviewsnap is fabulous. The individual that took us through the sales process became our relationship manager, so there was never a handoff or any time/knowledge lost in a transition. She is extremely responsive and always goes above and beyond to ensure that the software meets our needs.

Cons

Reviewsnap is a standalone product, so the only negative that I would say about it is that it's a separate system from others that we have in our company (ex: applicant tracking system, customer management software, etc.). It is one more login for our employees to keep track of. Our typical employee utilizes the system infrequently, which means that some individuals forget their login information and need to have it resent to them each time they are asked to complete something in the system.

January 2015

Karen from HR Resolutions

January 2015

Amazing Product

In my over 25 years of Human Resource Management, ReviewSnap is the FIRST performance review program that I have found to be 1) user friendly for everyone (not just the administrator), 2) incredibly flexible and customizable (to your standards, not theirs) and 3) with an amazing support team. It is difficult to select only a few features that are my favorite so I'll minimize for my peers that may be considering the product: 1) The system provides your managers sample phrases to use in the event they are not very wordy when it comes to praise/correction; additionally, the Authoricheck helps YOU prevent inappropriate statements being made. 2) The system notifies your managers of due dates and sends reminders - you no longer have to track your managers down! 3) You can have as few or as many review templates as you like - we generally develop by department but you can get as involved as by job. The only "kink" (and it's so minor I hate to call it a kink) is that the process can be a little confusing when a review is completed - it is human nature to click "continue" when you have finished something but that erases in place signatures at the end of the process. However, once you learn the system and realize that the signatures themselves "continue" the process, the issue resolves itself. I am proud to be a user and a reseller for this product. I never hesitate to introduce the product to our clients!

Pretty pleased with it

Pros

It is fairly straightforward to use. I like the journal entries feature, to log good feedback and notable successes on a daily basis instead of trying to remember them the day before my review is due.

Cons

I have found it somewhat tricky to complete the review finalization process - every year I struggle to find how to send it on to my supervisor. That process could be a bit more straightforward in my opinion. Also I think it should save text automatically as you start typing to minimize the potential to accidentally navigate away from the page and lose your work.

Anita from Crown Packaging Corporation

User-Friendly.

Pros

You create your own review templates, frequency of reviews and scoring range and description. This is not a you have to pay to add on an additional feature like some vendors. Also, instead of deleting past employees, you simply deactivate them. We have been with ReviewSnap over five years. In that time, there have been many excellent updates and improvements to the system. I love the Supervisor Guide and Administrator Guide. It took me awhile to get the supervisors to start using the Journal Entries function. Now that they do, they see the advantage in being able to add noteworthy events, training, etc., throughout the review period and spend less time trying to gather information together to put in the review.

Cons

Nothing. The issues that were there when we first signed up were issues that the vendor later improved on in the updates. The updates were all positive and did not create a burden on the user.

February 2015

Katherine from Seaboard Marine

February 2015

Great product, amazing representative

Our overall experience with ReviewSnap has been great. Although we were very happy with what the product offers out of the box, we really like to have the flexibility of customization. We have received great feedback from our users on the ease of use and ability to access the system from any location. We firmly believe that our positive experience is not only because you have a great product, but mainly because we have an excellent representative, Ms. Gloria Giron. Ms. Giron is very professional and knowledgeable with this product. She responds promptly to calls, emails and requests, she is very thorough with her responses and she takes the time to teach and explain why or how things work. When she was on vacation, we received assistance from other representatives who were not as knowledgeable and who did not always respond in a timely manner. Needless to say, we are very happy and appreciative with her hard work and dedication to our company. The only area of improvement I can think of is the response time from developers, we feel that at times Gloria had to continuously follow up with them to get a response on quotes. Regardless and thanks to Gloria, this slight deficiency did not take away from our experience as she was very persistent with her follow up.

Nancy from Nanophase Technologies

April 2016

Our company implemented Reviewsnap for our 2015 performance management reviews and goals.

Very easy to implement; extremely flexible in setup; we customized templates for three employee classes. The list of competency groups is so comprehensive and the individual competencies allow for so many different levels - it was very easy to put together review templates that were more meaningful to our employees. Love that performance management of competencies, goals, journal entries are all in one place. And that multiple people can view journal entries and kudos; love the kudos. Goal setting is easy to do. Would like even more capabilities with cascading goals, but part of that is training within our company. The support given by Reviewsnap staff is excellent. They are very responsive and helpful and spend time to help you understand the system very thoroughly. Our employees loved how easy it was to use. Simple things like having individual file folders with employee pictures is really nice, too. We are very pleased with Reviewsnap and will begin to utilize the compensation module to make it even more comprehensive and useful. Like that you can install one module at a time, so users can get familiar with it. Great feedback from management team and employees as well.

March 2016

Amie

March 2016

Winning Results

We have been a ReviewSnap client for several years and are continually impressed with the excellent customer service and ease of use of the software. As a non-profit, cost is also a huge factor and the annual contract is not only affordable, but is guaranteed to not increase once you sign up.

Pros

Our supervisors love the fact that that they can easily select ratings for their team and receive suggestions to add commentary. As the system admin, I love the fact that I can easily import new staff to the the database and create ad-hoc reports.

Cons

The only con is the finalization process - it would be nice to obtain final signature and not have to go back in to finalize.

December 2014

Hailie from SBA Global

December 2014

ReviewSnap Review

Pros

ReviewSnap is very easy to use and extremely user-friendly. The program has all the functionality we need without the bells and whistles we do not. ReviewSnap gave us a dedicated account rep that has been there to support us over the last three years in making changes to our account and increasing our usage of their features. The product is also extremely customizable. Because it is web-based, it keeps a record that you can access from anywhere. Based on my research, the price was also very competitive for what they offer.

Cons

Over the last three years, ReviewSnap has continued to improve and implemented many of the changes we have requested.

February 2010

Don from Pikes Peak Library District

February 2010

ReviewSnap is up and coming as a online performance review system

A good product that is getting better all the time. Well worth looking at for the price.

Pros

We looked at a lot of products most in the 20k-30k range that were bloated with bells and whistles and cradle to grave solutions. We only wanted a performance review system. With ReviewSnap that's what we got. They had standard templates but we wanted one for every job title abd it was easy to do by copying a basic template with our core competencies and modifying it with specific essential functions for each of the 85 job titles we have. The customer service has been available and responsive to our questions and needs and they have implemented several things that we thought would make the product better. I'm sure some were in the works already but it was nice to see your suggestions come to fruition. There are still a few things that would improve the product but it seems they are working on it.

Cons

All cons I have found have been quickly resolved by the company.

LORI from PLEUNE SERVICE COMPANY