All CollaborateMD Reviews

Vishal

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

CollaborateMD is just excellent..!!

My overall experience very good because however software is build. User friendly things makes that software great. This is just great medical billing application I have used and I would recommend it to everyone without any doubt.

PROS

CollaborateMD is one of the best application that I used in my medical billing journey. It is very user friendly. Simple and excellent.

CONS

Till now I am not able to find any glitch in this software. I just love this medical billing application.

Reasons for switching to CollaborateMD

Got very good feedback regarding CollaborateMD before buying it.

SLOAN

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Collaborate MD

Overall, it was pleasant. User friendly. Very easy on the eyes and very easy to train staff on in regards to the front office aspect of the software.

PROS

The scheduling platform that Collaborate offered was very user friendly and offered a lot of features that helped our practice even when we were bringing on new hires. I liked most that in scheduling/calendar area you could at a very quick glance differentiate between scheduled, checking in, rescheduled, cancelled, and no show appointments. The "appointment box" if you will call it, also provided a glance of "appointment notes" from staff such as "collect $$$ copay" or "get new ins card" etc. That feature was very helpful across our practice since our verification and billing was a separate department than our scheduling and reception. Billing was no complicated and user friendly. Initially when I started using this program I was new to everything and had never even done billing before but due to its simplicity and ease of use it was not complicated for me, a new biller, new to the software, to pick up and start billing with ease.

CONS

There were some gaps that could use some improvements. It lacked a comprehensive referral system, It lacked management access to fine tune the automations of the application such as patient reminders, patient broadcasting, same day appointment broadcasting ex. "the provider had an emergency, pls contact office to reschedule appt" or something of the sorts. Also, pt messaging features were lacking. I could not text a pt, email a pt, or anything like that from within the system.

Reason for choosing CollaborateMD

Highly recommended by a friend in the same industry. I was able to have the opportunity to view the workflow of Collaborate when I was at my friends practice while it was in use and get a up close view of how the software operated.

Molly

Reviewed November 2023

CMD

PROS

There are some features that allow me to view claims more easily, but that's it.

CONS

Training was very complicated. Also if I mess up on a claim, I have no idea to go back and fix it. It used to be really hard to talk to someone, but that has changed recently. A lot of times, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the claim, nobody could find the answer. I would finally look at my old billing software and figure out what looked different to figure out the issue. Now, when I tried to take off one user and called to do that, the person told me the wrong information. I explained this to the accounting department, and they still won't refund the extra amount I paid. It's really hard as a small business owner to pay for 2 users when I've already switched to a different billing system when I barely billed out any claims. It's absolutely ridiculous. I will not be recommending this software anyone and will definitely tell them to stay away.

Reason for choosing CollaborateMD

I didn't choose it. It was my only option when I switched my EMR system.

Alexandra

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Solid Software

It's good, support could be a little better but their online help is useful. Sometimes its nice to be able to speak to someone though.

PROS

Our capacity for using CollaborateMD has been transitioning clients off of it to our preferred billing software. We keep the accounts open to ensure that we have access to older items and so that we can work down all of the existing AR. I like the software. It is easy to use and the custom reports are so helpful and easy to use.

CONS

There isn't really anything I dislike about it, I am just much more comfortable with other systems. I think this is a good and reasonably priced software to use for small to medium sized practices. I'm not sure about all of the integration, that may be a pain point since no one we have worked with so far has had a successful integration set up.

Reason for choosing CollaborateMD

We did not, we transitioned from the software.

Erin

Reviewed June 2021

Great product - Easy to Use!

PROS

I love the easiness of using CollaborateMD. It's an easy system to learn and to teach others. Everything flows nicely from one screen to another. I also love that you can customize reports and export them into formats that can be edited for future use.

CONS

I wish customer service was a little more attentive and helpful.

Ease of use.

Reasons for switching to CollaborateMD

Medware is awful and AdvancedMD is harder to use with less customizations.

MARGARITA

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Revenue Cycle Management

I've been around CollaborateMD since the beta version and have loved the improvements. The software is actually been a great asset on my resume and has helped me progress through the chains of management.

PROS

I've always loved how user friendly the software is. It's easy on the eyes and navigating is a breeze.

CONS

Reporting. I have been able to work around glitches in the building process, but there is so much more that could be done to improve reporting. The software is more for individual providers versus facilities, which we work more with.

Kerri

Reviewed April 2019

Collaborate The Cheaper Way To Server A Practice

Collaborate works in sync with Practice Fusion, which is the electronic medical record side, and for the price, it is amazing software. Collaborate MD is a billing software which is low cost and easy for people who are not the most computer savy to use. Though the reports may not be very detailed or designed with special graphic functions they are easy to read and use to follow up on the money, and the customer support is one call away and most of all always happy to assist you. It has proven for us to be dependable and great to work with.

PROS

I love the ability to print multiple charts at one time. When working with accounts where you have to review multiple accounts and print billing for them it is nice to have software where you do not have to do one chart at a time.

CONS

The reporting system is not very elaborate it is very simple and not as detailed as you may like.

Leah

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

CollaborateMD review

Up until CMD was bought, the customer service was amazing. Now, not so much ☹️

PROS

Ease of use entering patients and claims

CONS

1. Not being able to call and a live person answer, like years past. 2. Not being able to receive HRSA payments through ERA 3. Claims showing on rejection report that weren’t actually rejected 4. BCBSTX eligibility check not working

Cost

Abigail

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Easy to use customizable billing system

I like this system overall, it was hard to get used to the new web based version at first but once I did u like that one a lot.

PROS

It is easy to use and create custom reports of the weekly billing and collections, has plenty of features to create custom reports and is better now that it is web based.

CONS

The fact that it freezes a lot and takes a while for it to start working again. Also, sometimes the reports would just stop working and not pull correctly for no reason.

Krisint

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Happy

Good but you are expensive

PROS

Claims submission and reporting system. It is a good program for the most part.

CONS

Expense and can be time consuming with all the different features.

Wanted something more extensive

Russell

Reviewed March 2023

Run, Don't Walk Away from the nickel and diming product with no customer service

We purchased this product because of its close working relationship with a clearinghouse we worked with for our desktop program. Working with the same clearinghouse was a major factor for us. A little over two years later CollaborateMD is forcing its customers to change to an inferior clearinghouse that it owns. The clearinghouse does not even support Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products in our state. We completed transition paperwork over six months ago. We are now being charge a $250 penalty per month because their own clearinghouse hasn't done its job of completing the transition.

PROS

The program is easy to use and provides full reporting capabilities. Truly one of the best programs out there. But the CONS are horrible.

CONS

ZERO and I mean ZERO customer service when things go wrong. Constantly overcharging. For example, an EOB will be sent through three times and you will be charged three separate times. Likewise, an eligibility check doesn't go through and you must do it again. You will be charged twice. Many remittance advises are programmed into the system incorrectly so you must open the program to correct manually. When you put in a trouble ticket, such as on the misprogrammed RAs, nothing is done.

Reason for choosing CollaborateMD

Close working relationship with a clearinghouse that services our area well.

Reasons for switching to CollaborateMD

Wanted a cloud based product. We were assured that the relationship with our Clearinghouse would continue.

Max

Reviewed February 2023

If you're looking for poor service, look no further

I was with Collaborate MD for nearly 10 years. Did our billing in-house. In the past couple years, costs went up and service went down. It was nearly impossible to get someone on the phone if there was an issue. Recently, Collaborate changed clearinghouses from Change Healthcare to eProvidersolutions - presumably to save themselves money while increasing our monthly fees AND forcing us to have to do the leg work of changing all our payor agreements (30+). I got a surprise bill of $199 in January 2023 because I hadn't done the legwork of manually switching all of our payor agreements to the new clearinghouse - no notice was ever received by us even though CMD policy requires 30 day notice. When I called CMD, I was confused. At that time, I didn't realize we had any role in CMD's transition to a new clearinghouse. I spoke with [sensitive content hidden], was assured that if I started all the transition work and submitted the agreements by early February, the fee would be waived and we'd be back on track. So I did my part, the fee was not waived, I emailed [sensitive content hidden] and reminded him of his promise (on a recorded line) and he responded by saying the agreements had to be submitted AND approved by the end of January - 12 days after I received the surprise bill. Most agreements take weeks to be approved. It was stunning. I've sent over $30,000 to this company over the past decade and was treated horribly in the end. Do yourself a solid and shop elsewhere.

PROS

For a while, the cost was competitive.

CONS

The system required you to search out problems with claims as opposed to it notifying you of denied/rejected/not acted upon claims.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Best in the Market

Support is great, easy setup, easy navigation. I would highly recommend anyone move over to CMD.

PROS

It's easy to use, cloud-based, and the Dashboards and Reporting are the best, hands down.

CONS

Payer Agreements have come a long way with CollaborateMD and are very straight forward but I'm always looking for ways to make this easier and faster for providers/groups. Possibly be able to log into the ChangeHealthcare portal in the application would make it easier. Their website is not as user-friendly as CMD. It would also be nice to schedule reports to be delivered to users, user's emails, and on certain frequencies.

Reason for choosing CollaborateMD

It's easy to use for Billers and our Doctors love that they can use and track things. They love CLaim Tracking and Dashboards!

Reasons for switching to CollaborateMD

Kareo is aweful. They haven't updated their PM and billing system in 20 years. You can't access the clearinghouse, the reports are aweful, the exporting of reports is even worse. Overall it's 5 times more steps to do anything in Kareo. I also have used eThomas, ECW, Medisoft, and AdvancedMD. CollaborateMD is still by far the best and number 1 choice.

JENIFER

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

REVIEW FROM BAYWEST

EVERYTIME WE GET USED TO NEW UPDATES , THEN MORE CHANGES ARE MADE AND THERE ARE ALWAYS GLITCHES WITH PREVIOUS UPDATES...LIKE THE CODE WERE ENTERED WRONG

PROS

SOME OF ITS FEATURES ARE BENEFICIAL OTHERS ARE ONLY THERE TO HELP CERTAIN PEOPLE FOR THEIR SPECIALTIES. IS NOT ALWAYS CONDUCIVE TO WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR CHIRO OFFICE

CONS

SOME FEATURES ARE REDUNDANT AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO SEVERAL OTHER SECTIONS TO DO THINGS INSTEAD OF IT BEING IN ONE SPOT. POSTING OPTIONS SHOULD ALL BE IN THE SAME SECTION. CHECKING ACTIVITY SHOULD NOT OPEN A WHOLE OTHER COLLABORATE AS IF I LOGED BACK IN AGAIN...SEVERAL OTHER THINGS AS WELL ARE INCONVENIENT

WAS TOLD THIS DID BILLING BETTER

Samantha

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

CollaborateMD for Family Practices

Overall, CMD is a great billing system.

PROS

CollaborateMD is overall a great product for billing. What I like the most is the flexibility in reporting. You can customize any report and pull all the data that you need. I've never seen reporting capability like this in any other billing system. Customer Service is great with CMD as well. My support tickets are always addressed in a timely manner.

CONS

I am not a biller, but I do billing analysis on a daily basis and also help integrate CMD with our EMRs. I wish CMD had an EMR front end and wasn't just a billing system. The integration with EMRs is ok, but not perfect. There are small issues with each of our systems in communicating with CMD. One of our EMRs has to use the scheduler in CMD. The scheduler in CMD could use improvement. It is pretty basic and the user interface leaves much to be desired. Also it is not possible to use CMD reminders just on certain providers, you have to do them all. So we cannot take advantage of this feature the way we would like to.

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

CMD is easy to use and reliable

PROS

I have used other billing softwares but CMD is easy to use and very reliable. There are add on features that can be utilized if wanted, but you don't have to pay for things you don't need.

CONS

It would be great to customize reports more easily.

Reasons for switching to CollaborateMD

Medisoft was too difficult to use at multiple offices. CMD is flawless since it is cloud based.

Amy

Reviewed March 2023

ERA posting was down for 2 weeks!

I am using this software because it links with my EMR but would not chose to use it otherwise.

PROS

online billing portal for patients is somewhat helpful but not ideal

CONS

You cannot call customer service when system is down. Slow system repair time. ERA posting is a basic function of billing software and should never be down for more than 1-2 business days. Does not have the basic feature of storing patient's credit card number on the back end so you have to enter or swipe a credit card number for every charge. Also patient's online billing portal is very basic and it is difficult for patients to track out of pocket expenses.

Jazmine