Givebutter Reviews

4.89 / 5 (66) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 12 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "This platform is so much easier to use than other platforms my PTSA has tried. And the customer service was absolutely amazing. "

• "The customer service is very responsive and helpful, and they send out the donations promptly. The website is simple and intuitive."

• "Ease of use and direct to the point. Does not bog you down in minutia. "

• Cons

• "I think the Meme page could be a little smoother designed. I’m not sure what that would look like but I think the concept is excellent and will evolve to be even better."

• "Nothing! I didn’t have a single issue using Givebutter. "

• "Absolutely nothing upsets me about Givebutter. They really are concerned with costumer satisfaction and try to work alongside nonprofits, rather than against them."

Browse Givebutter Reviews

Christopher from HOPE Tour

Industry: Fund-Raising

The Best Site to Fundraise

Givebutter is easily accessible, customer friendly, effective, transparent about their minimal fees, and the best site to fundraise, hands down, no questions asked. I used to fundraise on other platforms, but I will now always stick to Givebutter after having a continued remarkable​ experience with the company. I'm very thankful that I discovered this site, and it has saved me a great amount of time & energy with my fundraisers. I've also seen a spike in my crowdfunding success by​ using this company.

Pros

I most like the new ticketing feature for events because I plan to directly use Givebutter for a future project where there will be both crowdfunding for the tour and ticket sales for each event along our stops. Givebutter is a simple and brilliant solution for all of your fundraising needs, and this ticket feature is an example that shows how accessible, practical, and user-friendly the site is. I love how all these tools will be centered in one platform, and that helps me out tremendously.

Cons

There are very few things that I don't like about Givebutter. As the company evolves, there are better and better additions to the givebutter.com site. I definitely can't complain about the software because I've had such an easy and fun time using this fundraising platform.

AUTUMN from Wilson PTSA President

Great Customer service

The thing that impressed me the most was customer service. The day I set up my account, I recieved an email to set up a call with a customer service rep to make sure I knew how to use the platform. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my customer service agent, was extremely helpful. I completely recommend GiveButter.

Pros

Cons

There wasn't anything I didn't like. I'm completely happy.

Kelly from Student

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

My review

Pros

It's very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Not much. Everything is great about this.

Daniel from Willow Creek 2 Homeowner's Assoc.

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Crowdsource Awesome in a Flash

I needed an online mechanism for raising funds for a community project (crowdsourcing birdhouses for placement in our greenbelts). Givebutter offered an ideal solution to the challenges I faced. With low overhead costs and a pleasing interface, I finished my project entirely satisfied with my choice of the platform.

Pros

The platform was very easy to get up and running. User interface was excellent and very intuitive. Feature set, while fairly simple, was very easy to use and clearly represents a well-thought out approach to modern fundraising. The platform documentation was helpful in articulating some of the platform's more advanced capabilities.

Cons

I needed to collect custom metadata with my campaign, which is a feature that isn't user-facing as of today. But their customer service (yes, they have that!) quickly and cherfully implemented my require fields.

Kurt from GumGum

Butter Ambassador & Regional Manager

Great! I think a lot of my struggles were self induced and that it was a great way to interact with people I may never have. I certainly recommend it.

Pros

I loved the ease of use. Even the people who I had raise money never once mentioned it as a tough software to use. That makes everything much quicker.

Cons

I would say nothing but I feel like that doesn’t provide you with insights to optimize. I suppose the only thing that comes to mind is the navigation through the software.

Elisha from Guggenheim Partners

Positive Experience Both Times Using

I used it as a fundraising platform for my college business org, a 501(c)(3). People enjoyed it and we got a lot of positive feedback from it.

Pros

I liked the UX/UI - it's a simple design with not an inundating amount of features that is easy and fun to use.

Cons

Brand recognition is pretty low - people are less willing to put their cc information into a website that they don't recognize. I think marketing could go a long way - maybe through a high profile fundraiser for some college phone-a-thon or something.

Givebutter Review

Great and simple platform to lead your fundraising campaign, very easy to use and work with for people of all ages.

Pros

Very easy to use, and great customer service. My team's had issues with receiving payment and they walked us through the errors step by step until the problem was solved. Strong user interface, and easy to set up for fundraising efforts.

Cons

Can be small delays in receiving funds, and they do take a percentage of fundraising efforts, so plan on trying to raise over your goal just in case.

Matt from Brawl for a Cause

Next Gen Fundraising Service

Excellent.

Pros

Being young and dynamic, the founding team is anticipating where the fundraising world is headed, and they are using tech to get ahead of it. Their customer service is top notch, and I would highly recommend working with their team.

Cons

I would like more robust ticketing features and more customer/donor insights

Allison from Columbia Books & Information Services

Best Customer Service

Givebutter has helped us mobilize our volunteer base all over the country and allowed everyone to see how the other chapters are performing and where they need help. This visibility has vastly improved our fundraising approach.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to use the software. But better yet, the executive and his team are always available to answer my questions. He and his team even joined our 3v3 basketball tournament fundraiser so support us. You won't find a more personal or dedicated company anywhere else.

Cons

It was lacking a few features at the beginning, but I believe all of those have been implemented, such as a better integration with our site.

Sonja from Circle of Women

All the services of a top fundraising platform without the insane fees

Pros

Givebutter allowed us to use all the tools our nonprofit was used to--peer-to-peer fundraising, ticketing, personalized pages, nested fundraisers--without paying insanely high annual fees that we were used to. It's better than any other fundraising platform we've used: its Dashboard allows us to keep a record of all donors and all chapter members, automatically add members to campaigns, and do really easy financial assessments of our fundraisers. Customer service was really focused on the individual group and cared about your work. Highly recommend!

Cons

Nothing--it's a great service and a great team.

Daphne from Humans for Education

Givebutter is the best way to raise money

My overall experience has been so positive from day one. I feel that the customer service is above and beyond excellent and I couldn't imagine having a better team to help me raise money.

Pros

Givebutter is the best way to raise money, hands down. Not only is the platform easy-to-use but it has many useful tools for fundraisers and their teams. It is easy for anyone to migrate their fundraising to this platform. Givebutter does a fantastic job at getting the community involved and having donors feel like they are connected with other interested donors. The social media platforms for sharing are seamless. I recommend Givebutter to everyone who I meet that fundraises.

Cons

Givebutter is working on integrations with Salesforce and we can't wait for this to happen!

Everyone should use Givebutter!

I would highly recommend Givebutter to anyone looking for an easy to use and engaging fundraising platform. It's especially great for college student organizations. My student organization has used Givebutter since the beginning and we have seen them continue making updates and improvements to make it even better. PFTK loves Givebutter!

Pros

Givebutter is an easy to use platform that is fun and engaging, especially for college students. What first drew us to Givebutter was that they keep fees super low, which isn't found on any other platforms. We also love the team fundraising option and your members can even personalize their page. The new event feature for selling tickets is a plus. They also have excellent customer service! The team really makes it personal and you can always get in touch in a timely manner.

Cons

I can't think of any. They are always making improvements. The Givebutter team is very open to feeback and will do everything they can to make your experience better.

Zienab from Orphan Relief - OU

The BEST Donation Platform

Pros

I love everything about Givebutter. They do not charge unreasonable rates on donations, features like ticket purchasing are very convenient, and the staff is AMAZING and very receptive to feedback.

Marie from Students for Haiti Solidarity at UC Santa Cruz

A great platform for donor engagement

Pros

I love that this software allows donors to interact with the fundraisers they're supporting. You can view donors' reasoning for donating to a cause and donors have the option of supporting a specific team member they might be connected to. Givebutter also has amazing customer service - if I ever reach out with a question, Max provides a quick and valuable response.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't identified something that I don't like about Givebutter's software. I'm happy that fundraisers' urls now reflect the name of the campaign rather than a random assortment of numbers and letters. That was a great change!

Great Platform!

Givebutter allowed for me to raise money for my club to ensure than finances would not be a barrier for a student to play on a club team. We greatly appreciated the platform and recommend it to anyone looking to raise funds for a good cause!

Pros

I love how the platform is more interactive than a GoFundMe page. That and they take only a very small percentage of the proceeds, unlike the bigger pages. I also really like the Givebutter crew, they are easy to work with.

Cons

There were some issued when I was trying to transfer the money back to the cause. It was a bit confusing to figure out how to access the raised money. I did a fundraiser about 2 years ago though, so it might have improved since then.

Emily from Delta Phi Epsilon

Givebutter is the BEST!

Pros

GiveButter has been an absolute life saver. Every component of the website is extremely innovative and is constantly upgrading to be the best that it can be. Donors have spoken so highly of it as it is very simple and easy to navigate and use. Each member can create his or her own page which helps form friendly competition which increases fundraising. Furthermore, the GiveButter team is so kind and responsive — they will answer any questions and be there to support you every step of the way. In the past, I have used sites such as CrowdRise which feel like scams. GiveButter is the opposite; they want you to succeed and maximize fundraising!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like! It is truly the best.

Givebutter helped my organization so much!!

I started a school magazine from nothing, and we wanted to do print issues and weren’t going to change our mind. Givebutter allowed us to make enough money every semester to help fund the printing costs.

Pros

What first drew me to givebutter was that it didn’t take any fees out of what we got, we weren’t going to lose a large percent of donations to the host website.

Cons

There wasn’t much I didn’t like about the software, the only thing is that it isn’t as well known as go fund me for example so I don’t think as many people were “on board” with donating because they didn’t know what the website was

For those of us that don't love technology...

I was able to fundraise for school supplies for Karen Refugees in Thailand - the fundraiser was a huge success thanks to Givebutter!!

Pros

Givebutter is so easy to use. It is easy to create a fundraiser and easy for team members and donators to navigate the page (which also looks nice, in my opinion). The founders are quick to reply if you do have any issues. It is also extremely easy to transfer the money to a bank account when your fundraiser comes to a close. I have loved using Givebutter!

Cons

I wish it was more familiar/popular. It is a relatively new platform, so people aren't as familiar with it as they are with GoFundMe - but I think Givebutter is better so I hope it becomes more popular!

Amazing Up-And-Coming Platform

Overall I’m just waiting for the next opportunity I’ll have to use the platform! Very pleased :)

Pros

I liked best the personal approach that took when operating the site. Being able to reach out to him directly and getting help when we had issues with the platform made me trust I could use this for anything I needed to the fundraiser for.

GreenLight Loves Givebutter!

GreenLight Solutions Foundation found Givebutter when we were searching for a cost-effective way to crowdfund and raise money to grow our organization. When we joined Givebutter a little over a year and a half ago the whole process was pretty new for us, but overtime it became easier to use and has really helped us do more than we could have with out it. Funds from Givebutter have helped pay for supplies for students at ASU, project materials for local businesses, and even helped pay for our business trip to Pittsburgh to attend the 2018 AASHE Conference! We love Givebutter's new homepage/interface/UX and the fun communication/branding is cool too. Many thanks to Max & his team!!

Pros

Fun company, simple to use software, and excellent customer service. Givebutter has helped grow our organization by cultivating grassroots fundraising efforts.

Cons

Some functionality is difficult to navigate on the website, like going between campaign and chapters and such...although with the new set up it does seem easier to use.

Arielle from Kol HaNearim

Industry: Philanthropy

amazing software with even better customer service

Pros

Honestly the customer service. The staff is extremely responsive and always willing to help with any questions or concerns. Very helpful in catering the platform to our business’s needs. The platform is extremely easy to use and takes the headache out of fundraising. We have used Paypal and stripe, and Givebutter is definitely our number one choice!

Cons

We love the software! We honestly just want them to continue building out their capabilities so we can use Givebutter in other capacities.

Caroline from Georgia College Music Therapy Society

Industry: Music

Easy Money with GREAT customer service

Pros

We have used Givebutter for 3 campaigns that have always been successful. It's easy to promote and the one time I had a question, customer rep. was amazing and answered all of my questions. We even got stickers! We will continue to use Givebutter and I recommend it to all organizations looking for easy, worthwhile crowdfunding.

Cons

We have not experiences any cons with this software.

Givebutter for the win!

Pros

The team at Givebutter are some of the most helpful people I've met. They are always making sure that their product is what their customers need and are always available to answer questions. Givebutter is an awesome platform and if you are looking for a new way to fundraise or give, you should definitely be looking at Givebutter.

Cons

The team at GiveButter are constantly innovating. This is definitely a plus, but the platform has changed quite a bit since I started using it.

Helps Everyone

Overall Givebutter has helped member of my college campus raise money for causes they are very passionate about.

Pros

Givebutter offers you a chance to fundraise for a good cause, rather than just from a business standpoint. I am a college student and have watched fraternities and sororities use it multiple times. A fraternity on campus was able to raise over $6,000 with the help of this software. It is more than just another app, it is life changing for many people! Please think about purchasing this app!

Cons

Unfortunately donations are tax deductible but most users will pay the difference in tax so that the organization can still raise the same.

Mandy from The Petey Greene Program

If you Give Butter do they Give Better?

We have not received donations on the level we were hoping, but that is more about our staff not promoting it they way we invsioned.

Pros

The set up was easy, it looks good, it's easy for our volunteers and donors to use. This is not our primary fundraising tool but it enabled us to reach out to the networks of our student volunteers in a way we had not before.

Cons

I wanted to be able to easily go to each campus group page and see the donations. We can see all of the donations but not which campus group received the donation. You can find this but have to take more steps to get there.

Liberty from Alpha Sigma Tau

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Givebutter is awesome!

I have used givebutter as the fundraising platform for my sorority for almost 2 years now, and love that they do not take a percentage off of the profits. I think the set-up is perfect for fundraising for any organization and I’m confident that we’ll be using Givebutter for years to come.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to figure out/use. There is nothing complicated about it and the customer support responds almost instantly!

Cons

Nothing! I didn’t have a single issue using Givebutter.

Matthew from Jupiter Farms Residents

A Non Profit Fundraising Platform that is Better than the Rest

For us it's very, set it and forget it. It's there when we push the link out to our base and in the background when we don't. Like a warm hug waiting for us when we need it.

Pros

Ease of use and direct to the point. Does not bog you down in minutia.

Cons

Great for general fundraising, not so great for the type of fundraising events we sell tickets to, and we get that. You can be everything to everyone everytime.

Alessandra from LearnServe International

GREAT!

Pros

Easy to use, and excellent customer support!

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to coordinate when there are multiple fundraiser pages for one campaign! But the support that we received from the team was stellar!

chloe from Alpha Chi Omega - Epsilon Phi

Great Customer Service

Pros

Cons

It is less intuitive to edit personal information and I got confused about managing different campaigns, and how to direct people specifically one campaign.

DAVID from UMASS-Amherst

Givebutter's Great Program

It helped me immensly with a fundraiser.

Pros

The program was very easy to use and it was very easy to work with the Givebutter team.

Cons

Overall throughout my experience, I belive there just needs to be more awareness with the site so other people will be more familiar with donating on it's platform

Great experience, plenty of interactivity and support

Incredible experience overall, was exactly what my organization needed for the purposes we needed it for. Keep up the good work.

Pros

How easy it was to structure groups and teams within the program

Cons

Not too much to complain about, wish it was easier to explain to team members how everything works

Joshua from Zips Programming Network

Overall, very satisfied

I used Givebutter to start a campaign for my a cappella group and we raised over $1,000!! It was easy to use and people loved it! I will definitely use it again in the future!

Pros

It was easy to use and easy to get a link to provide to people to donate. Not too hard to navigate the site.

Cons

Only thing I wasn't a fan of were the emails. I received way too many.

Alice from Miles for Smiles

Givebutter staff are so helpful!

It was very nice working with the staff and we were able to raise a lot of money for my event through their help! The platform is designed well for donor's to join.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and the staff are quick to respond to any questions I have. The platform is easy to personalize with each donor's own message and gif/picture which makes the event very cute!

Cons

N/A all aspects we're good, the one time I had a problem figuring out how to change the description of my event, a staff helped me really quickly!

Jerry from TAMID Group

Amazing Customer Service

I had an incredible experience with GiveButter! They had the absolute BEST customer service and helped my cause raise nearly $10,000 dollars.

Pros

I enjoyed the team functionality that allowed people to compete for donations

Cons

At the time of use it was fairly new so many of the features were being built or were not yet available.

Madison from Farmington High School

Great!

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. The customer service is great too. I've had a couple questions throughout my multiple times using GiveButter, and Max and the team is super helpful!

Cons

I know the site was under construction for a while as they were improving. No real complaints though.

Monique Y. from Wells International Foundation

Great opportunity for fundraising

A colleague set up the page on my behalf. I loved that we could include text, photos, and video to enhance the appeal of our campaign. I needed to contact customer support for a question and received a thorough, thoughtful, and rapid reply. When it came time for the financial disbursement, this went seamlessly.

Pros

I liked the variety of items you can upload to attract attention to your campaign.

Cons

It was not so easy to format the appearance of the page.

Gary from North American Partners in Anesthesia

A butter way to Give.

Awesome team and very responsive.

Pros

Better Connection to my peeps Better way to spread the word Better ways to do good and raise some dough to make a difference

Cons

None. Great team!

Amélie from Education

Industry: Philanthropy

The best customer support!

Overall, Givebutter is the best fundraising website I've ever used. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Pros

Whenever I had questions about how to set up, manage, etc a fundraiser or account I could get a good answer and help within 5 minutes.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much negative I can say about Givebutter other than the fact that when money is donated, it's not immidiately taken out of the person's account. This caused some confusion with my campaign as people only saw the transaction a few months later when I was using the money.

Angeleigha from Therapeutic Pathways

Industry: Mental Health Care

Fantastic Platform for Raising Money!

Pros

The campaign wedbsites were cool becasue you can post fun gifs and pictures on the page once you donate to a cause!

Cons

It was a little difficult for me to navigate the butter ambassador website

Johnny from Cultural Basico Dance Club Inc.

Fundraising

Pros

I like that this is another available resource option for raising funds.

Cons

What I like least about this software is there still some fees and cost to it.

Shelby from Alpha Phi

Givebutter is helpful, user-friendly, and EASY!

Pros

I love the format of Givebutter's donation page. It made it so easy for alumni of all ages to donate to our cause! I also love how easy it is to get the money for your cause -- They can either send you a check in the mail or can transfer it into an account. I love having those options. Also, the fees are very very minimal, and I would gladly pay something as low as 1-2% for an excellent platform and service. Lastly, accepting venmo is an awesome idea!!

Cons

Honestly had such a great experience -- no complaints here!

GiveButter for Greek Life

Pros

I enjoyed the accessibility of the platform. I felt that the venmo option was incredibly convenient as well as the customizable link.

Cons

For Greek Life, we experience immense sorority particiption, and if I could have figured out how to set up each individual sorority so that the women can donate under each group that wouldve been helpful.

Chase Madorsky Review

Pros

Great user interface, easy to navigate, inviting to guests, quick cashout time.

Cons

Donation page was slightly difficult to navigate at times, but overall was very easy to use.

Brielle from Sinclair Broadcast Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Givebutter

My overall experience was really positive and I would recommend it to a friend.

Pros

I loved that the customer service was so easy. Whenever I had a question, they were willing to work with me to ensure my total happiness with their program.

Cons

I really liked everything about it. Even the fees were low.

Alainna from The George Washington University

Givebutter has changed my fundraising strategy!

Fundraising has become a much easier component of our model. I no longer spend hours figuring out the best way to fundraise for a particular agenda item. Instead, we use Givebutter for all our needs.

Pros

I loved the ease of use! I usually worry about being able to teach my team how to use unfamiliar software, but with Givebutter I was able to quickly teach my team how to train others.

Cons

I have no complaints and haven’t heard any from my team.

Emma from LearnServe International

Review of Givebutter

Pros

We have had a wonderful partnership with Givebutter in helping our students (high school) feel more comfortable fundraising.

Cons

Not a negative comment, but I’m looking forward to seeing new features roll out, like text to pay.

John from Pangols

Giving back for sloths

These guys helped raise about US$2000 for sloth conservation. I wish fundraising things were this effective.

Pros

It’s very straightforward and looks very gray and it’s very easy to use. It shows the people fundraising which is a good tool and it worked out really well for me

Cons

There is nothing not to like it was straightforward I felt like I didn’t have to go through any hoops I just set the stuff up and let it go

Dana from IBM

Easy to use and less fees

I liked using Givebutter and already recommend to to friends. I think the fees are far less than other crowdfunding sources. Thanks Givebutter, I love your name and spreading the word!

Pros

I like that you take very little money for administering the site.

Cons

It was a little tricky to set up early on and to add another person to help manage the account, but Max was awesome and easy to work with. Extremely responsive too!

Amazing!

Pros

Loved the team oriented aspect, loved how low the service fee is, love the new interface.

Cons

Was a bit laggy at first, and underdeveloped.

Give butter

They helped me out so much. We got really cool GiveButter items and we raised money.

Pros

It was early to use. We saw everything in real time.

Cons

Nothing. Overall anytime I had a problem it was fixed.