• Pros

• "The program is easy to use. I like the browser interface versus the desk top version as it is more modern and you can work off site. "

• "Very easy to use as compared with other CRMs that I've tried. Friendly customer service. Very happy to have cloud based option to check when I'm out of the office."

• "I’ve likes the functionality of the program. It fits our needs."

• Cons

• "Merging the two solutions (Engage and the CRM) has proven clunky, but the team is committed to fixing any issues."

• "Lots of updates (good!) make the product more and more relevant to our needs, but means there's more for our small non-profit to keep up with and learn. "

• "The transition to the new software was a bit rocky but we were transferring information from several other platforms. "

Browse Salsa CRM Reviews

Essential Operating Tool

Pros

Salsa CRM has been essential in making sure that our organization has run smoothly since inception. The product allows us to grow into new features as we grow as an org.

Cons

Reporting and corresponding can be tedious at times but improvements to both have been made over time.

Blake from TMI Project

Overall, a useful product

As my review title states: overall, a useful product, but it's definitely got room for macro design improvements.

Pros

There are unlimited capabilities with the software. Salsa CRM offers everything you could possibly desire in a CRM designed for a nonprofit. In fact, there's so much functionality, that after six months of having used the software, I still feel like I'm only 25% of the way there with fully knowing it inside and out. Constituent profiles are clean and easy-to-navigate, and they help unearth stats that can ultimately help you recapture lapsed donors and sustain their commitment to the org. Additionally, customer support is always there to help you navigate the software should you ever get lost.

Cons

The training is not exactly exciting or something an audio-visual-hands-on combo type of learner with ADD is going to find very useful. I think it's unfortunate that the product vocabulary has to be all "startup-y." I'm still trying to understand the reporting systems. I've also been faced with buggy moments that typically require restarting the software which causes delays in getting work done.

Reasons for Choosing Salsa CRM

Because it offered the most of the things we needed.

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied November 2019

Blake - Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to hear that Salsa CRM has all of the features you need and is helping you unearth statistics that will hopefully help you grow! We have passed along your feedback on our training and start-up process to our on-boarding and client teams. We are always looking to improve and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Donna from The Education & Employment Ministry (TEEM)

Great customer service, but conversion is a time-consuming pain.

At this time, we haven't been using Salsa CRM long enough to record any marked benefit. We're still in the problem-solving phase of post-conversion. As the Development Director, I did receive an immense benefit from sifting through the 2.5 million data fields from our conversion templates, however. I now have intimate knowledge of our constituents and our data that I didn't have before. It's given me a better view of our donor base which has allowed for the placement of fundraising strategies. If CRM and Engage would ever interphase properly, Salsa could probably make my life a lot easier. But right now, it makes it more difficult.

Pros

Customer service is awesome. I appreciate that I can call and get help instead of wading through hours of online instruction videos. Everyone I've encountered has been helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciate the ability to categorize constituents into groups. It's proven very helpful on directing messaging to appropriate constituents.

Cons

Frequently used items, such as notes and address and phone edits, aren't where one would think they would be. When learning the system, it causes a lot of frustration trying to find things. Also, there are lots of drop down menus without explanations on how each category affects the larger picture. For example, under "Edit Address," there is place to check is the address is "Home," "Business," or "Primary." (You can check more than one.) Then across from that, there's a drop down menu titled "Reason." No explanation of what this category means. The choices are "All Correspondence," "Bad Address," "Non-Solicitations Only," "Primary Address," or "Solicitations Only." How does this relate to the "Preferred Contact" drop down found under "Constituent Information" which also features "Solicitations Only" and "Non-Solicitations Only"? Isn't that overkill? What's the logic behind that? It would be nice if there was a printed user's guide. Sure, there's all sorts of information online to sift through, but who has time to watch videos? Give me a searchable .PDF with general instructions that include an overview of the drop down menu choices and their best uses. Finally, conversion is NOT easy. You get what you pay for. We paid for the basic conversion, and I had to manually process over 2.5 million data fields from our previous software to Salsa's templates. It took me 6 weeks. We're still waiting for Salsa CRM and Engage to interphase properly 2 months later.

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied July 2017

Donna - Thank you for your thorough review. We encourage you to provide feedback directly to Salsa as we do incorporate our clients' enhancement requests into future releases. Our Director of Customer Support will be reaching out to you directly to address some of your specific issues. Regarding documentation, we do have an online user's guide that you can download if you prefer printed materials. You can also use our online knowledge base which is searchable by topic. Also, all Salsa customers now have access to Salsa Scholars, our brand new e-Learning platform. It's self-paced interactive learning for both Salsa Engage and Salsa CRM and the purpose built integration which we continue to enhance. In the latest release (expected to be in production by the end of July 2017), you will see enhancements to the integration which were made based on the feedback of our active user community. Please contact Customer Support if you need access to any of the tools listed.

Kate from Kansans for life

Overall, love salsa

Pleasing

Pros

The customer support is excellent. It is fairly easy to learn and use.

Cons

Engage There are some inconsistencies with email set up. I HATE the way the email series set ups are, the scheduling is horrible, it should just use a calendar like a regular blast. When exporting any report from engage id like some options for what I info is included in report.

Reasons for Choosing Salsa CRM

Was not involved in decision process to this extent but educated guess would be price, ease of use and communication capabilities

Ricci from Woodhull Freedom Foundation

SALSA is THE best!

I’ve been with SALSA now for several years. In the beginning I kept trying to make it Network for Good - which I left because they were so non-responsive, but they do have good interfaces and options, and their donation processing is a breeze. But the reality is, that I left NFG because I couldn’t get what I wanted. From my first day with SALSA, though, the team behind the product stood out and they jumped through hoops and turned somersaults to make me happy and get me the training I needed. I even got a call from the President of the company to talk about what I was experiencing and to make sure I was getting what I needed. I can’t imagine any other company with a “the customer comes first” culture that reaches all the way to the top. No matter what I come up with that I want to do, I find that there’s a way to do it in SALSA (except around the donations!). I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone without reservations!

Pros

Since 2003 we have purchased, leased, been granted and explored too many databases to count. Until we finally found our home with SALSA. The team is constantly upgrading and adding features, the customer support is absolutely unparalleled, and their dedication to the end-user is obvious in the features they have and those that they've added over the years we've been with them. Every software CRM has issues. One of the things that sets SALSA apart from all of the others is their customer service team. They go the extra mile and then they just keep going even further to work with you, fix any issue you're having, suggest new features to the development team based on your needs....they are just the absolute best.

Cons

I'm not as fond of their donation processing partner. For example, if a donor wants to increase their giving amount you have to cancel their old donation and they have to go in and create a whole new donation. Some of their training material leaves a lot out, but the responsiveness of their support team more than makes up for that.

Leslie from Options Health

Data Migration Less Than Desirable

During conversion, you cannot actually speak with a person unless you have paid. You have to email ALL your questions.

Pros

It is way more user friendly that what we were using before = ETapestry but then, it's ETap so go figure.

Cons

We are in process of conversion and here are my initial thoughts: 1) pay the extra money and have someone help you unless, you don't have that many constituents. 2) I was extremely disappointed. When migrating business or organizational contacts over, you will lose multiple contact names, period. They only let you migrate ONE name over which is contained in ONE text field box. This means if you ever want to do a mailing, there will be NO way to address a letter as Dear Ms FIRST NAME. This is so dumb. 3) You don't get to decide which accounts you want to split or keep intact. Once you send over your conversion template, any and all names that contain an "&" or "AND" get automatically split into two accounts. This includes organization contacts. So if you have a business IE: Brown & Smith Attorney at Law, you are SOL. 4) I could not figure out why they had Organziation TYPE and Individual TYPE on each account. In my experience, and account is either an ORG or an IND period but, here is the rub. YOU CANNOT add contact names to an existing ORG record. You have to create a seperate record and then link each IND to that ORG. So for multiple organizational contacts, they will be set up as INDIVIDUALS. The only way to sort out this mess, is to use the TYPE or ORG or IND. This is where you will list your indivuduals as say, BUSINESS CONTACT, CHURCH CONTACT, etc. This is a huge cluster &^#. Now I get why they don't let you sample the database before buying.

Reasons for Choosing Salsa CRM

We do peer to peer as well as an annual gala so we needed the events module. It came down to either Salsa CRM or DonorView, which now I am wondering if DonorView would have been better.

Sarah from Babysteps Ministry

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Salsa gets it done, but only if you have the staff to make it work

My team used Salsa for a 1-year campaign to raise money to build a home in Nepal for trafficking victims. We successfully raised $467,000 in 10 months! Hands down, we COULD NOT have done it without Salsa. Because it had everything in one (emails, analytics, segmenting, Peer 2 Peer campaigns, donation pages, event pages, and much more) it was much easier to keep track of everything we needed to keep track of.

Pros

*I didn't realize it at the time, but I really like how easily I could create queries/segments of donors. It has a "If/Then" approach with clicks of a button that is a lot easier than another CRM I use (eTapestry by Blackbaud). *Their email system worked well for our purposes. We had templates that we used throughout the campaign that looked good and were easy to fill in our information. It sent the emails we told it to send without a problem. *The event feature was helpful. We had lots of people sign up on the events page that was relatively easy to create. *I definitely like like analytics features. (This is probably my favorite feature.) It is really nice to see who opened emails, click rates, donation totals/types, etc... It is especially neat that we could send emails to people based on what emails they have opened or clicked on. *Branded donation pages was a must have for us and we got that so it's a big plus with Salsa.

Cons

*The emails were mostly good, but sometimes editing the templates was frustrating. You can't delete certain aspects (like a table or a line) in the email and if you're not careful and press "backspace" at the wrong time, the system will think that you've clicked the "Back" shortcut key and it will take you out of the email...unless you've saved recently, your email is gone. So, save OFTEN. *The Peer2Peer pages were good but had a few glitches. It was difficult to import off-site giving and link to a person's Ambassador page. I had to go through Customer Support to remove re-imbursed donations that were given via the P2P pages. It is really difficult to format the P2P pages - oftentimes, a page that was perfect would later start showing random signs: $ & % | and stuff... *We had some difficulties with people getting charged more than once when they clicked the button too many times. Not sure if that's Salsa's fault or the users'. *We had some issues with security warnings when donors when to the donation page. This was a frustrating thing that popped up often but never really got resolved. *While the event feature was nice, it didn't work so well for people inviting guests. I'm not sure what went wrong, but we had a lot of people who were unable to register guests for some reason, even though we had clicked the box to allow it. This lead to a small logistical headache at the event itself. *I didn't know they required 60 days notice to cancel the subscription. I had to jump through a TON of hoops to get our account canceled when our campaign was over because I only gave 30 days notice. Luckily they eventually caved and allowed us to go on good terms, but it took a lot of phone calls, emails, and polite convincing...okay, not always polite toward the end...

Alyssa from Janada L. Batchelor Foundation for Children

Easy to use, quick and reliable reports, constantly adding elements to make the experience better.

Tracking donors easily, easily sending out communication.

Pros

What I like most about Salsa Labs is the ease of use. Although as the administrator I am in the database daily, everyone on my team can easily find what they need and update donor profiles, and find out information about donors. The robust queries is also huge for me. The fact that I can easily segment out multiple layers of donors makes my job much easier. So far there has not been an output that I am looking for that I can not get through Salsa queries. The integrated emails and unlimited donation pages are also wonderful and have reduced the number of platforms we have to use.

Cons

I do wish there was a little bit more integration between the CRM and the Engage side of the systems. Currently if I send out an email blast it does not add a note or activity to the donor's profile on the CRM side saying this was sent. Currently I have to add them to a group and then add a note to their profile. There are a couple of other little items that are more wish list items rather than items I have to have in a CRM. Also, the customer support, although they are always helpful, it is sometimes hard to get ahold of them. Emails usually take a good 3-7 days to answer (sometimes mores) and if I call I am on hold for a good 15-30 min sometimes. It is nice that I can call anytime, but frustrating that it can take awhile to get ahold of anyone.

Michele

Easy to Use

We are a local chapter of a national nonprofit organization, and manage roughly 50,000 records. I use it daily with little to no issues, enter and acknowledging donations and keeping details records of constituents. My favorite part is the ProPortal where you can get resources such as software upgrades and video tutorials.

Pros

Easy to use. Tons of online resources. Open to user input.

Cons

Getting more complicated issues resolved can be a chore. But I think this is an example of growing pains. Hopefully more staff will cure this problem.

Sara

Salsa has been a game changer for our small nonprofit!

Pros

Reasonably priced, Salsa offers an affordable way to track, organize and engage our supporters. As an advocacy organization, we especially love the action alert, petition and letter to the editor options.

Cons

One downside is that it's difficult to separate out event income from donation income. Most of the built in reports automatically add up both totals when querying.

Derek from Arthritis National Research Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Salsa is the best software for the money

Ilona and Andrew on were great at walking us through the process. It is always cumbersome when starting a new CRM solution, but between them and Joe, our onboarding specialist, the people at Salsa were great. We're still getting use to all the available tools, but have found great benefit in everything so far!

Pros

Lots of tools (Email, Events, P2P, Social Media, etc.) Great options for communicating to donors and receiving donations. A lot of customization for marketing and accounting.

Cons

Response from Dan

Replied November 2017

Thanks for your review, Derek. Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage have a built-in two-way integration that syncs all standard and custom fields between the two, pushes online supporter activity data into Salsa CRM and enables you to build groups in Salsa CRM and push them to Salsa Engage for online engagement. Also, be sure to check out Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that will help you learn all the ins and outs and maximize the software. Specifically, there is a course on the Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage integration. Let us know if you're still having trouble and we can help you sort it out!

Kara from the Watson Institute

June 2016

Salsa CRM is my system of choice

Pros

I've been in development for 20+ years and used a variety of systems, and Salsa CRM is the only product that consistently meets my needs and gets the job done. The product is intuitive, easy to learn and their support is top-notch. Many webinar and trainings offered, although it is so easy to use I don't need to tap those options much.

Cons

not applicable - nothing to improve. The product is intuitive and meets my needs, and most importantly is scalable. I've used Salsa in a shop with less than 10K donors and in an organization with over 30K donors, and have worked with peers everywhere in between also using the product with great success.

Elizabeth from Benedictine Sisters of Pittsburgh

i have grown from a salsa no nothing to semi master because of quality salsa support

great folks work there and are available to you

Pros

the huge body of information that can be stored; the tech help that is available with a simple phone call

Cons

learning curve can be difficult to get through. the page face is overwhelming (why all of the brown space?)

Response from Dan

Replied November 2017

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your review and for being a longtime customer. Wanted to make you aware of Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that has really shortened the learning curve for Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage users. Also, the new browser interface of Salsa CRM is much improved from the desktop interface you may have used in years past. More interface and dashboard improvements are in the works right now! If you haven't requested access to Salsa Scholars yet, you can do so by emailing educationdirector@salsalabs.com.

September 2016

Erin from Baptist Homes Society

September 2016

Great product and excellent support team

Pros

Salsa CRM is user friendly and easy to learn. After using similar products this one is the best I have seen and so is their support team! The team goes above and beyond when training and that great service even extends even after training is complete. I always recognize familiar names and voices when I call/email with questions. The also offer online help and training videos so you can stay up-to-date on new functions that may benefit your organization. Salsa CRM offers a fantastic product and the support to meet your needs. They communicate with their customers well and are always updating information for the customers and asking for feedback to make the experience better.

Cons

There is no one thing I would change. If there is something I think may have an idea or have a suggestion, I can submit to Salsa CRM. They always respond to customer feedback and review to see if in is something that can/should be implemented.

kalyn from Jericho Foundation

great customer service!

We are managing our database and fundraising. It has been amazing to streamline the two! We used to use several platforms for all of our needs and we found that it was nearly impossible to maintain accurate records that way, the inconsistency was inevitable. Salsa has really helped us solve that issue by creating a system (with a reasonable price tag) that talks to one another. For example, a ticket sale online will go directly into a record!

Pros

The diverse features available and they are always updating to stay current with trends! I am grateful for the constant updates and the variety of options available.

Cons

The implementation was a bit rocky but customer service worked with us a lot and we got through it! We were moving from google drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.

Amanda from Penguins Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Fantastic customer service for a beneficial product

Pros

*Helpful and responsive customer service - Clay is wonderful! *Reporting provides fantastic and detailed snapshot

Cons

*Need training to understand how to use product; Not extremely user-friendly initially *Rather dull display

Response from Dan

Replied November 2017

Amanda, thanks for your review and for being a longtime customer. Wanted to make you aware of Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that has really shortened the learning curve for Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage users. Also, the new browser interface of Salsa CRM is much improved from the desktop interface you may have used in years past. More interface and dashboard improvements are in the works right now! If you haven't requested access to Salsa Scholars yet, you can do so by emailing educationdirector@salsalabs.com.

Ken from Carolina Honduras Health Foundation

Importing data went very smoothly with the help of Salsa Lab personnel. Not a single glitch.

Accuracy of information. Able to research donors to determine how often they give, amount of gift, etc. Most important support from Salsa staff.

Pros

Salsa is much better than our previous experience with another vendor who will remain un-named. Generating reports is easy and the database is easy to work with. Most important to us is the support provided by Salsa. I am able to reach them during business hours and they spend the time needed to solve any issues. They are clearly customer oriented. Many others I researched charged extra for this level of service. With Salsa it is included.

Cons

Does not link to other email providers. It would be nice to be able to use Constant Contact or another email provider and have it link directly to the program. Engage is nice, but is some cases not as easy to use as are the other email service providers. Having said that we are very satisfied with our use of Salsa overall and have no plans to go looking for anyone else.

Beth from Natural Resources Council of Maine

Great product, could use a few tweaks

I really like Salsa Engage and how easy it is to use. There are some functionalities that could be improved, and hopefully will be improved as they continue to roll out new product features. Our members find it easier to use that our last system, and with each update, Salsa is offering some cool new features that we will begin to use. There are some things (like event registrations) that don't work as well as we would like them to (you can't delete people who cancel attendance at a free event, and there is no way to pull all the info for registrants and guests in just one list), but hopefully those will be fixed soon. I find the customer service people very responsive, but it isn't always a quick fix for our issues. We have used this product for about seven months and so far are pleased with how it is working for us.

Pros

easy to use, great advocacy tool, great statistics/reports, easy to share on social media

Cons

formatting emails can be difficult if you want to include photos, event registration is a little clunky, hard to get issues resolved through customer support tickets sometimes

Jodie from PFQ Foundation

Salsa CRM Experience

I have been using Salsa (formerly DonorPro) for about 2 years. The system is easy to use and allows us to segment donors, easily pull reports and capture essential information to complete donor profiles. We also use the Event Management module - while a little cumbersome at first, this module allows us to extract the data in a more efficient manner when soliciting and prospecting for future events.

Pros

Ease of use. You can select the modules you wish to use - we don't need them all. I like the fact that Constant Contact is connected - less data entry errors when capturing info. Support services are good.

Cons

Running queries - this aspect is not intuitive to me. I often find myself asking colleagues or the help desk for assistance.

Justin from Congo Initiative

It just doesn't work as it is advertised

We have been a Donor Pro client for years and were excited about the merger and possibilities with Salsa. However, we felt a bit neglected as a previous client, slipping through the cracks of the transition and experiencing a number of problems because of this. The overall functionality of the product has been cumbersome, making it feel like they launched the merger before ironing out really important issues. Customer service is generally good with very kind people. At first, the response time was great 1-2 days, however, we now end up facing at times 3-4 weeks on some tickets. But, I got tired of calling for an update on an issue, having the person try to fix it on the phone even though they land in the same place as the previous person...I can't figure this out, I need to send it to the developers or update the ticket. In general, I just spent way too much time trying to find answers, solutions, and we are a small organization that cannot afford it. They have updated their website in a way that gets you really excited about the product. It looks great and probably is for a new organization just starting out! But, it just hasn't been a great experience for us. Functionality was up and down. And, as an organization in transition, both with software tools and looking to grow and expand, we thought this would be a helpful tool. It hasn't met our expectations yet, and holding our breath a bit longer to see if things improve.

Pros

The integration is nice when it is working to its full capacity.

Cons

Too many glitches, issues with functionality. Things are not as streamlined as they seem to be advertised. A lot of challenges and issues for our team.

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied July 2017

Hi Justin - We are sorry that you experienced disruption of service as we merged DonorPro and Salsa. Now that our teams are fully integrated, we hope that you've found Customer Support much improved. Our Director of Customer Support will reach out to you directly to confirm. Also, please visit our Salsa Support Center where you'll find a searchable knowledge base. You also have access to Salsa Scholars, our new e-learning system. Here you'll find self-paced interactive courses for Salsa Engage, Salsa CRM and the integration which has been recently enhanced based on user feedback. If you haven't been through Salsa Smart Start Fundraising, we encourage you to sign up. It's free for all Salsa clients and provides you with a fundraising expert and access to best practices. Call us or send us an email for assistance with accessing the tools mentioned here.

March 2009

Jacquline from Brittany's Hope Foundation

March 2009

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone!

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone! After comparing it to some of the other software programs available we have learned two very important things. 1) It incorporates so many things that you would otherwise have to purchase multiple software programs to accomplish what Donor Pro does with just one. The result of this is a very significant savings which means everything to a non-profit. 2) No company has yet compared to their customer service team. They are always ready to hear customer feedback on what they can do to improve their software to better accomodate their customers, and they not only listen, but they actually follow through and incorporate those suggestions.

Pros

We cannot say enough positive things about Donor Pro. We are able to operate almost our entire office off of this software, and use it to accomadate the employees that work from home. It can easily be adapted to fit so many of our non-profits needs. We would be lost without it. The best thing about the company, by far, is their customer service. They always exceed our expectations. Our Director of Development has used several donor management software programs in her previous positions, and stated on many occasions none of them compared to all the features that donor pro offers. She is constantly amazed when she learns about a new feature and the ease of use. One of the things that highly impresses me is how easily you can make a request for an enhancement, and then how quickly you see it incorporated into a future upgrade.

Cons

We have been customers for almost 4 years now and still have no negative feedback to offer.

Robin from Bal Swan Children's Center

Salsa CRM is THE tool for success

Salsa CRM has been one of the easiest transitions to a new tool that I've ever experienced. From the very beginning, we were supported and guided through preparing our data for the conversion, connected with staff to train us on how to make the most of the features. After we implemented the tool, the wide variety of support and training materials has made getting the answer to any question incredibly easy. Salsa CRM gives you all the functionality of an expensive system at an affordable rate. This is the third organization I've worked for using Salsa and the second that I've led the transition from a different system.

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. The ability to create processes for cultivation and other engagement activities is invaluable and makes managing a growing team of fundraisers far easier.

Cons

Salsa CRM being a newer product that was based on the DonorPro platform, the manual wasn't immediately updated to reflect the online, cloud-based product.

Ellen from Pet Animal Welfare Society of Connecticut

I love Salsa

Inputting data. Earmarking donations. Following metrics. Pulling reports. Sending out timely thank you notes. Sending out monthly newsletters. And I am probably using a small percent of Salsa's capabilities.

Pros

The ease at which you can store and retrieve data. I love the reports! I love the help desk - they will answer any question and stay with you until the issue is solved. I particularly enjoy working with the executive - he is very knowledgeable plus he recognizes my voice which is a nice personal touch.

Cons

As a nonprofit animal shelter, I would love for some kind of discount. However, I believe Salsa is a worthwhile CRM for all our needs.

Shauna from Touchstone Center for Crafts

Great experience, Salsa gave us the tools we needed to manage our donors.

Pros

With Salsa we were able to compile the information that lived on spreadsheets into one database that is very functional. The ability to look at the history of our donors and to pull reports has enabled us to make better decisions. We were able to implement a major gifts program after purchasing the software.

Cons

It took a few tries to figure out the word processor, but it was worth the effort. The individual letter editing saved lots of time.

Lynn from The Community at Holy Family Manor

Admin/Development Assistant

Pros

It is user-friendly. It is very intuitive which makes navigating easier. Most questions can be answered by using the online help, but if a phone call is necessary the staff is very accommodating.

Cons

The overall type is very small. This might be something I'm doing or not doing but I often get different donation amounts depending on how I pull the data, I would like to be able to add fields to a set query. There may be a way and I just don't know about it.

Happy Customer

This is the best CRM software I've ever used. Easy to pull reports, do batching, and get information. Is a great tool for gathering information about your donors.

Pros

Cons

More help with instruction and maybe a reference manual. Sometimes it feels hard to get a handle on the very many add on features, which is a good thing.

Karen from Sisters of St. Joseph

June 2016

Very Satisfied Donor Pro Users!

Pros

The tech support and service is exceptional. Every question receives a quick and thorough response. The functionality is very good for what we need. The cost is very reasonable and we are able to afford additional modules.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the product. We have only one suggestion for improvement. We would like to see a better integration within the Event Module itself. Every entry is listed as a registrant/attendee. We have sponsors who are non-attendees and we would like to keep the sponsors separate from the registrants.

jerry from sarah heinz house

Unvarnsihed Endorsement of Salsa Labs and Donor Pro CRM

Pros

it is comprehensive.....and for limited users like me who panic when our highly competend data base and digital manager is out the help desk has the patience of a saint or godees to help me get unstuck in any transaction it is the service and help that follows the sale that makes or breaks a great product great service great team....Salsa Labs has written THE book on getting support right

Margaret from Light of Hope Kenya

Some pro's but very difficult & terrible at Events

There are some great features about this product, but it is a very difficult system learn and manage and the Event platform isn't fully integrated between DonorPro and Salsa (these 2 companies merged), making it VERY difficult.

Pros

Customer Service is great. Being able to call in and get a live person when I have a question is awesome. I also like the Salsa Engage platform for email blasts, posting on social media, and creating fundraising campaigns.

Cons

Difficult CRM to use and learn, and not that great once it's up and running. Also, Event Platform is not fully integrated between the DonorPro side and the Salsa Engage side. It is easy to set up the fundraising landing page and registration in Salsa Engage, but after that you are left to figure out how to bring those registrations back over to the CRM side, where you supposedly would assign them seats, bidder number and check them in. It was so difficult trying to find a person that could answer my questions, (they admitted that it didn't work properly), that I finally downloaded the info to an Excel Spreadsheet and highlighted 400+ people with a yellow highlighter! Also at check-in, we pre-authorized credit cards in the CRM, and used the recommended cc sliders, but it took forever as they wouldn't pre-authorize unless the address was exactly perfect. (Our old Event Platform would gather that CC info at check-in and pre-authorize with out having to type in an address, or much of anything.) This made registration so slow that we received numerous complaints and it was very stressful.

Anisa from The Philadelphia Citizen

Top notch customer service!

I have already recommended Salsa to a number of colleagues.

Pros

The responsiveness of the customer service has been impressive. When I get lost in the instructions, I feel confident that I can reach out to the help desk and get a response fairly quickly.

Cons

There is a learning curve. They do quite a bit to help ease the transition but when you are literally a one person shop, it can be overwhelming to use the software to its functionality.

Response from Dan

Replied November 2017

Anisa, thanks for your review. Be sure to check out Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that will help you learn all the ins and outs and maximize the software. If you haven't requested access to Salsa Scholars yet, you can do so by emailing educationdirector@salsalabs.com.

Gabi from Goodwill of Southwestern PA

Does just what you need it to do, without all of those unnecessary "bells and whistles" other have.

Ease of use. Web based and beta platforms.

Pros

I love that you can store queries and easily edit them to run a completely different report in just a few clicks. Queries are easy to create once you get the hang of it.

Cons

I'm not too keen on the event module. It's just never been something that has worked for our organization. I know many others who love it, but it's just never really worked for us.

Ben from Eleonore Rocks Foundation

Great online fundraising platform

We moved from simply accepting paypal payments 4 years ago to Givezooks. Salsa's acquisition and implementation of givezooks into their CRM gives us exactly what we need for our small 501 without paying for a lot we don't.

Pros

How easy it is to create annual campaign and new grassroots fundraising pages.

Cons

I wish my team members could reset their prior year pages without creating new ones, and i could just re-link them to the new annual campaign

Tricia from Pace School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

New Salsa User after converting from Raiser's Edge

Pros

After coming from using the Raiser's Edge system, we have been continually impressed by all that Salsa has to offer. It is really a one stop shop for a Development Department. We are a smaller non-profit with a staff of two and a limited budget, and the Salsa system and Engage platform will allow us to perform functions that we never could have had time for or afforded the modules for with our old system. We are excited to be able to seamlessly coordinate all of our functions in one system from e-blasts, thank you letters, a separate fundraising page, reports and mailings generated....the list goes on. We look forward to this year as we know that the Salsa platform is going to increase our productivity, funds raised, and donor relations.

Cons

The conversion process has been slightly fractured. With so many products (CRM, on-line, engage, and the fundraising page) it is sometimes difficult to know who to contact for what. A project manager may be beneficial during the conversion process so that an organization has one person to go to for all of their questions and set up requirements.

Adrienne from social service agency

Business Manager

Great training and very friendly customer service. It was very easy to make our transition from our old CRM system to the new system. We love that Salsa CRM is affordable and it meets our needs.

Pros

Quick system, easy to navigate, affordable, great training materials, syncs with Constant Contact

Cons

I wish that we could upload contacts and donations from an excel spreadsheet into the system.

Christopher from Christian Brothers Conference.

We moved from the giant database provider to Salsa DonorPro. overall we are glad we moved.

Pros

I like the ease of use. I the learning curve was short so it is a plug and play program. I like copy address function. I like to screen layout.

Cons

There are limits in the design I don't like. We have a lot of important data in forms and it is hard to use that info with donation data. Fix that. We did not get the kind of support I was expecting. We were contracted for a product that didn't exist. We needed P2P in August 2016 and that was a mess. It was hard to find someone honest about mistake as well. We are having a hard time with forms because we have a lot of people filling out forms and paying for others. This is an ongoing problem.

Kathy from Justice For Our Neighbors Houston

Salsa review

As a small nonprofit organization, we have used Salsa from the beginning to organize and build our donor data base. We’ve used what we’ve needed but there is so much more to learn and optimize. We just don’t have the time to stop and review more videos regularly.

Pros

I’ve likes the functionality of the program. It fits our needs.

Cons

Wish they offered the option of in person training. Perhaps a regional training conference. The videos are thorough but extremely time consuming when first learning the programs and functions.

Chrsitine from Westchester Parks Foundation

Industry: Environmental Services

We like Salsa CRM

The Salsa CRM support staff is great - we are very happy with them.

Pros

There is a lot of functionality. We seem to be able to do a lot of different things with it. It seems to integrate well with our other platforms.

Cons

It's a little complicated. Short training was sufficient to get us going but I think in order to use it in a more in-depth way, we would need more time on training.

Response from Dan

Replied November 2017

Christine, thanks for your review. Be sure to check out Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that will help you learn all the ins and outs and maximize the software. If you haven't requested access to Salsa Scholars yet, you can do so by emailing educationdirector@salsalabs.com.

Benjamin from Wild Forests and Fauna

Industry: Environmental Services

SALSA puts together the right ingredients

SALSA combines the tools I need to track supporters, email blast communicate, campaign, online fundraise, event ticket and more! I've used SALSA for over 6 years and know of other similar groups that use SALSA. We all use SALSA due to it's simple, intuitive design and it's effective tools. Especially for medium and small grassroots organizations, SALSA provides the much-needed tools to reach the public and advocate. I recommend SALSA to everyone I meet that asks about expanding their CRM or jumping into a new format.

Pros

Tools options: Email blasts and campaigns, online fundraising, donor tracking, event ticketing, etc Simple and intuitive to users. Non-intimidating to new users . Support is the best I've run across -- always responsive, helpful and professional support staff.

Cons

"Auto-Save" needs to be included. I tend to save drafts constantly like we all did with early PCs and MS word back in the day i near of losing drafted language because SALSA has not yet included auto saving.

Christopher from Mr Clone

I liked it but I was not impressed.

Pros

It's a good software for raising funds, and simple details of Non-Profit companies. I can say the software is relatively easy to learn and setup, I am definitely ok with it.

Cons

I do not like how it is for the Non - Profit market, with no online pricing. You have to request pricing which means you will be talking to a salesman, not that it is bad. That is kinda good knowing they have people selling it who actually know about it, but again, Non - Profit that must talk to a salesman. Maybe it is just me, but in the end that is the only thing I did not like about it.

Great features

Our experience with salsa has been great overall! The biggest challenge was the transition process. We were moving from google drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.

Pros

Salsa is constantly updating the system which really helps nonprofits stay current in the technical trends also helping us make the best use of our time and funds.

Cons

There are a few glitches from time to time, as there is with any technical updates. They work to fix them quickly and the customer support staff is very helpful!

Katherine from Skin of Steel

Salsa Engage - Peer to Peer and CRM

CRM less intuitive than Engage, and harder to get constituents back into Engage from CRM - automatic the other direction. De-duplication is getting easier to use.

Pros

There are good on-line tutorials and if you call for help, they are very attentive. Easy to use social messaging and email newsletters. Design Templates very intuitive. Peer-to-Peer has increased our fundraising goals. For a small non-profit like ours, the fees are reasonable, but still hard to digest.

Cons

If you send a request for help on-line it takes too long to be helpful, but see above, I use other methods for support instead.

Michele from ALS Association Western PA Chapter

August 2016

All in all, a great product and great customer service

Pros

Customer service is friendly. Relatively user friendly interface. Mobile and GUI versions readily available. I also very much like the ProPortal. It's a great resource for training and software patches.

Cons

As they have increased their business and the merger happened, response time and problem resolution isn't as timely or thorough as it used to be with general help desk inquiries. I imagine/hope it's just growing pains. Also the lack of integration with Microsoft is still a down side.

Kalyn from Jericho Foundation

Combine several softwares with this one solution

Pros

Salsa CRM consolidated our record keeping into one online platform. We can now do event management, donation tracking, donor communications and so much more with this one solution. Since it is a new merger, it is extremely affordable for all of the functionality.

Sarah from Flathead Industries

Salsa CRM

At first the CRM program is over whelming if you are not familiar with a CRM program. There are very good aspects to the program as well as a few downfalls (most of which can be solved by research).

Pros

I appreciate these features: donor cultivation, tasks, custom fields, finance summery options (batches etc), custom appeals and campaigns. The custom campaigns and appeals are perfect for businesses that have multiple and/or ongoing events.

Cons

The Salsa Labs Email product needs some serious updates. Such as E-Mail themes and easy to use forms. The forms are prehistoric compared to other email marketing products (such as constant contacts). Because of the merge of Donor Pro and Salsa, I have to manage three separate accounts (including merchant services) which can take a lot of my time. The help site offers some good training videos but does not always cover the specific questions or topics that I need. This requires more time watching videos in hope that I get my answers. I have usually okay customer service but often get referred to a manager to get my answers. There needs to be more customization properties to the event form to tailor to certain events (individuals vs. teams) and integrating payments according to the sign-up forms.

Karen from Population Research Institute

A great CRM!

Our staff all agree it's easier to learn, easier to use, and we have all really liked our Customer Support, and Customer Success Coach. They have helped grow to really thrilled with this CRM! And the price is a wonder factor, also. Great ROI.

Pros

I initially looked at Salsa CRM because we were fed up with Raiser's Edge, and I had faith that better, and more affordable option exist! Salsa is that software for us. This CRM is user friendly, looks great, super intuitive, and the seals people were really kind and patient with my five zillion questions! This CRM has buit-in Analytics that are user friendly, the mail merge integrates with Google Docs, making our thank you process, simpler than ever! We have already grown our lists, and increased retention in the 6 months we've been using Salsa! The other HUGE factor for us, it integrates with Salsa Engage.

Cons

Change from one database to another. that's all.

Austin from Ghana Make a Difference

Take off is rough

I have only been a Salsa customer for just less than six weeks. The salsa representatives I have talked with during the transition have been nice. I'm sure Salsa will end up being a great move, I just wish they were a faster and more empathetic toward our timelines and internal pressures.

Pros

The sales pitch we got was exciting. Salsa has it all. I believe it will be the software that will help our little nonprofit get to the next level. I specifically liked the donor organization, peer-to-peer fundraising and their sophisticated automatic email options.

Cons

Such a slow start. I was pretty quick and aggressive about getting Salsa all the info they needed but it took them longer then a month until we could even use the software (some of this was due to the holiday season I'm sure). Salsa touted about offering the first month for free, but I couldn't even use it that month. When I asked if we could get another month for free since I couldn't even use the software for the first five weeks (sometimes those little victories make all the difference when you are convincing the board to switch software) the declined. The transition process is unnerving, like maybe I'm taking a step backward.

Response from Andrew Shoaff

Replied January 2019

Hi, Thank you for the candid feedback on the conversion experience. We do make every attempt to move the process along quickly as we want our customers to find value in the system as soon as possible. We also know how critical our client's data is to them so we are careful and thorough about how the data is transferred so the end results meet our customers' expectations. If you'd like to discuss your data conversion experience in more detail please feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you, Andrew Shoaff Director of Customer Success & Adoption ashoaff@salsalabs.com

Brittany from Cancer Support Community Delaware

Great product!

Pros

Is super easy to learn how to use. Great registration pages for events that promote individual fundraising.

Cons

Not many options for social media marketing. I wish it allowed for more cross promotion across different social platforms.

Jeff from Human Resources

Salsa Labs

amazing and highly recommended

Pros

Salsa is the best all-in-one software for non-profits on the market. CRM + Fundraising all in one place. Very easy to use and effective.

Cons

There is none.

Amazing tool

This is night and day vs. the software we used to use. I think we're only using half the features we probably should be using, so we can grow into this.

Pros

I love that I can customize so much. This software has ALL the features I was looking for and then some

Cons

Because it has so much functionality, there is a learning curve, just like any CRM. Just plan for time to learn the software and take it in stages.

July 2016

Gabi from Goodwill of Southwestern PA

July 2016

Just the product we needed!

Pros

Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage are very user friendly. The customer service team at SalsaLabs is very helpful and pleasant. They are diligent in resolving any issues that I might face.

Cons

It can be difficult to keep up with upgrades on our end. Because I don't have administrative rights to my computer, I often need to get my IT dept. involved when there is a new version of Salsa or to apply patches.