Hydra is a cloud-based project management solution that also offers business process management and knowledge management tools. It helps organizations define, execute, manage and analyze their projects. It is best suited for companies in industrial design, IT services, management consulting and R&D.
Hydra offers a centralized interface for project management, business process management, file sharing and more. Companies can access tools for knowledge and document management, resource management, time and expense tracking and more. In addition, Hydra includes BluTec technology, which gives users the ability to create blueprints of an organization's processes and best practices.
By using these blueprints and then applying compliance rules, Hydra can help users to identify bottlenecks and deviations in project plans, correct for these errors and develop a repeatable project management process. Other features include capacity modeling, skill and resource profiling, impact assessment reports, and "what if" scenarios.
Arun from Accenture
It is the most easy to use interactive software. It has seamless integration with back end ERP.
Frances from Serco ICT (Thurrock Council)
An excellent system, very recommendable for a project department to keep track of resource effort usage and capacity planning. Useful repository for all project information. The best part about it is the team, who work hard to fix your problems and also incorporate your suggestions into new builds and releases.
Constant revisions and build fixes
Customisable to your needs
Not able to 'plan' projects as well as MS Project - soemtimes you essentially just want a checklist of very small tasks that for part of the plan but are neither a milestone nor large enough to constitue a new code.
If you use the 'costs' part of the system, you would probably want to input this data twice; in Hydra and also in some other budgeting system/spreadsheet as Hydra is not yet sophisticated enough to handle the complexity of a project budget
You need training in Crystal Reports to create your own reports, which you will most likely need
Rebecca from Leeds City Council
LCC ICT first implemented Hydra in 2005 and have seen the product go from strength to strength.
- Easy to implement with regards to the technical changes.
- The software has the potential to revolutionise the way you plan your Portfolios of work and how you undertake workforce planning.
- Increased visibility of projects, what will be delivered on time and to budget.
- The system comes with standard reports and you also have the option to develop your own reports using SQL / Crystal Reporter.
- The consultation service offered by Hydra Management Limited is excellent and has assisted us in the development of a number of different solutions.
- The cultural changes required within the organisation to fully realise the benefits associated with this software are more challenging than intially anticipated and require top down leadership to ensure success.