(10,125)

(5,177)

5,177

(1,195)

1,195

• Pros

• "I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it is simple and easy to organize my thoughts and projects with this software!"

• "It's easy to use, it has a great user interface and its easy to use it even with no experience at all!"

• "I absolutely love how easy this platform is! All of my clients love to use this platform and the layout is extremely easy to use. "

• Cons

• "While the software works excellent on the desktop platform it is somewhat cumbersome to scroll over and view lists on a mobile platform."

• "Pode ser um pouco difícil de se adaptar, mas com o tempo se torna funciona na rotina."

• "A very useful tool but not well developed for new functionalities."

Browse Trello Reviews

Handel from Wretched TV

Incredibly useful task planner

Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Pros

The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello stood out with the most cost effective free solution, with a very easy user interface that requires no training. Out of the box was extremely useful.

Good collaboration tool with a lot of features to keep you organized

We used to use Microsoft Excel for our e-learning design projects, but there was a lot of overhead involved in creating the project forms in Excel. Trello mostly works for our purposes right out of the box, so we were able to dive into a new process without spending a ton of time defining the process up front.

Pros

Trello supports our e-Learning design process by providing a central place to store and discuss the design for a particular learning engagement. It is user-friendly even for folks who are not particularly tech-savvy. It runs quickly and doesn't require any software installation. It can also be used for a variety of projects, from tracking a product roadmap or personal to-do list to creating new content for our learning platform.

Cons

A lot of the useful features require a paid account or a certain amount of Trello Gold to use. So all of the features are not available right out of the box. It also forces a design layout that is vertical, as opposed to our learning platform content which is arranged horizontally. So it is not as flexible as we would like.

Great for the basics, but struggles with anything more.

It helps us with quick organisational tasks, and seeing ideas laid out infront of us does help with productivity. But sometimes Trello just isn't powerful enough for actual task management and tracking, and this is a chore having to move your cards into another system all the time. It should have a pro-level tier for people who want more control over their management of the boards.

Pros

Trello is great, it's simple to use, and has loads of clever UX devices that make tracking and updating tasks a joy. We use it quite often within our organisation whenever something needs "organising fast" - we're not expecting to track the progress of the entire project through Trello, but the occasional breakout. We've most often used Trello to round up our "ideas" phase, and then moved onto a more complex project management tool after that. The interface is simple, the free level is "about right" and there are just enough features for you to get going quickly. Trello is great for quick organisational tasks, that need to be presented in a visual way, or they are good for information sharing (literally a pin-board of ideas works well) - and has reduced the need for post-it-notes everywhere in the office.

Cons

There comes a point in every Trello boards life when the user will go "ok, now it's time to move this all away from Trello" Task management is .. laborious at best, with no real way of tracking time, burndowns, productivity, velocity, or any other metric that tells a project manager if the job is "getting done", it's simply not built for that and trying to implement methods that will make it work, just result in frustration. It's also a bit lightweight on the features for the free trial version, quite a few things are locked off behind the paywall (which is fine) - but also, we feel that there isn't *enough* features behind the paywall which would incentivise us to purchase a license. So the bottom line with Trello is it's great for short term, simple tasks and idea sharing, but anything more heavy duty that needs to be updated regularly and it will struggle.

My go-to for team and project management

I have used Trello for years for personal, academic and professional use. I mostly use it for professional PM for clients and projects and for my NASA L'SPACE work. Use solo or with a team.

Pros

It really helps me organize information, tasks and really all aspects of a project. I've used it for years and it just gets better with the add-ons. I use it for professional project management and with my special projects with NASA's L'SPACE program. I use Trello with a premium add-on called PlanWay that adds additional project management tools like Ganntt charting and it makes task assignments and ownership easier for team based projects.

Cons

When I first began to use it years ago I jumped in and didn't really both to learn how to use it. If you don't have a method to organize the lists and cards it can get messy and overwhelming. What I learned to do was take a little time to read tutorials and watch some Trello YouTube videos and it helped me organize my information better. That's my advice to new users. Otherwise I have no complaints I love it.

Jacob from Voice123

Amazing Team Workflow Software

I am a huge supporter of Trello. In general, I am a super organized person, always at Inbox Zero and obsessed with task management. I use asana, trello and my reminders app on my phone to organize my day-to-day activities. I could definitely tell you that without Trello, I would not be able to work within my own team or other teams at the company. The ease of use for any new user, makes onboarding super easy, and painless. Moreover, I love having one place to manage all my tasks and other tasks on my team, with the ability to move it across the Kanban board comfortably.

Pros

- Ease of use - They have a mobile app and browser software - Super easy to understand for new users - Sharing it and inviting new users is as simple as sending them an invite link - The setup literally takes just minutes - You have the ability to add custom fields to cards - They work with Zapier so you can trigger certain things based on cards moving to columns you've identified - It's freemium is extensive

Cons

- There were times when I sent an invite link, the user joined, but then when sending a specific card URL, the same the user could not access

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Asana's Kanban board requires paid membership. Also other members of my team were already using Trello so it seemed more natural.

Bashanganyi from Meeticks

Industry: Online Media

My every day

Having used it for years, I like its simplicity. It's fairly easy to onboard other users I want to collaborate with. They come into my ecosystem

Pros

It is my dashboard that enables me to keep track of mulitple businesses, employees, clients, partners. In simple words, it keeps me sane.

Cons

Dont like that it was bought by Atlassian, but thats not a feature. Just dont like change, especially when it just works.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Free, and less corporate, and more suited to the regular man not ICT people

Allen from Brigham Young University

Will change your life

Extremely good experience with Trello. I really started using it to stay on top of homework. Now I'm a converted gold member. My team uses it. My wife and I also use it to stay on top of our side hustle orders and plan vacations.

Pros

The Kanban system developed by Toyota is essentially what Trello is. It works for industry and it works for me. You can use Trello to plan your life and let nothing fall through the cracks. Automated features allow for some really helpful reminders. From flossing to homework to fulfilling orders, Trello has got you covered.

Cons

As of a recent update you'll have to pay at least $5 a month to take full advantage of of Trello's automation features

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Cheaper than Monday and better visualization than Asana.

Joshua from Josh The Copywriter

Perfect for project management, and working with a client's team

Trello is a pleasure to use, and I use the software constantly. It helps me work with my client's contractors in an efficient way, it also helps me knock out projects quicker when i'm the only contracted worker a client has hired. It increases my execution speed by allowing me to chop up the steps, and execute them in a logical fashion.

Pros

My favorite part about trello is how unlike other project management software it is easy for new clients to pick up and understand. I personally use trello to help me complete tasks in a logical order for projects i'm working on. I also use trello when I am working with a client who has multiple employees, or contractors working on a different part of the project than I am. It helps me share tasks with those contractors so we can complete a bigger job, such as completing a funnel.

Cons

I don't have much to dislike about this software honestly, it's easy to use, has a freemium option, an amazing app, and runs very fast.

Luca from Wonderflow

Esy to use and I like there is a free plan

I use Trello to manage tasks with my team and clarify with other teams what we are doing. For me, it is super useful to manage tasks of the week, but it is a bit confusing to manage long term features. The main issue is that a lot of the time I wrongly delete the description and the title, so I prefer to use comments.

Pros

Easy to use; templates are the best way to interact with different boards; free plan; bitbucket powerup; comments in the cards;

Cons

Limitations to powerup usage; it is confusing to manage multiple boards; it is not easy to search archived cards; cards description has no history and it is super easy to lose it;

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I use both Trello and Airtable, but I think Trello is easier to use for weekly usage, while Airtable is better to manage roadmap and the long term vision.

Ashley from Kainos

Simple storyboarding and online tasks board

I really enjoy trello and use It weekly for personal IT projects and for managing my personal workload.

Pros

I can drag and top all of my stories or tasks to relevant sections which I can title and create as many of that I like. Most of the feature you will require are free to use aswell making this fantastic for personal and small group projects and keeping on top of any administration and management.

Cons

Most features are available free of charge however you cannot try the premium for the features without paying a full subscription price. A 7 day trial might be nice!

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Jira is a more complicated interface and some of my team were not confident in this.

Rick from Driving Success

Just kept growing

You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros

Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons

My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

Jesse from Genius Solutions

Simple team task management - everything we need

Our experience has been great. We tried asana and Monday.com, which are both very good tools, but for our different use cases - team project management, content management board, idea board, etc - the simplicity of trello was what we needed and get the most benefit from.

Pros

Intuitive, straightforward interface is so easy to use. We can set up, share, move, collaborate on and complete tasks very quickly and efficiently. The background customizations are great as well. And the price can't be topped.

Cons

Nothing. We tried two others for extended periods of time that sold themselves as having more or better features, but we always came back to trello.

Reinard from ATKV

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

First to market, but not in first place

As a personal tool, I can confidently recommend Trello as the free tier provides plenty of room to manage your personal day-to-day tasks. As a professional task or project management platform, there are now better options out there, although there is a big dollop of personal preference involved in these types of software solutions.

Pros

Trello is a really good personal and professional task project manager. I've used it in both of these capacities and I must admit, it worked better for me in my personal life than professional. As a personal tool, the free tier is really generous and you'll be able to track, organise and manage daily tasks and projects around the house with ease. As a professional tool, it just didn't quite get there. While the onboarding was really easy and the team got into the swing of it pretty quickly, once we started to integrate into our workflow, there were some hiccups we just couldn't solve. Don't get me wrong, getting boards set up, people assigned to tasks and uploading supporting documents was easy. There are some nice additions like adding designs to boards to give the creative members of your team an outlet to personalise their spaces and the board and task setup results in a really robust and detailed view of what's in your pipeline. The app is a really good partner to the desktop version and let's you do everything from your phone that you could do on the web version, with a caveat here and there.

Cons

Once we got into the workflow part we started to realise the limitations of the software on our particular process. To elaborate, we were using the software to manage tasks such as creative output workflow, advertising schedules and external partner projects. Now this is going to be the personal preference part, it just didn't feel natural the way Trello organises these processes. Moving tasks from step-to-step and the way documents were handled within each task/board didn't fit naturally with how we ran high volume task flow. I think in the end, some team members became frustrated with the day-to-day method of manually updating task status and the lack of automation with regards to tasks hitting certain milestones.

Trello, the Collaboration Giant

Trello is helping us to solve the issue of collaboration and time tracking on our projects. We can now easily see work being done by each individual and even the time they spend. It has also solved our communication challenges by automating email notifications

Pros

Trello really made our development team work better. The fact that you can line up tasks in lists and set card owners and due dates really did it for us. It is a very easy tool to use as setting up the board is just drag and drop. The vast number of power ups available also allowed us to extend its functionality and get more from the app. Another key feature that we fell in love with is the activity history that allows just a quick glance of recent board activity.Integration with our process was very easy as we follow the Agile methodology

Cons

Of the improvements that I think can be done in Trello, one critical one would be native integration with the google calendar. This will be a huge benefit for planning and logging work on the calendar. Another downside is that there is no built in functionality for reporting and a Gantt chart. These would make life easier if added.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

The simplicity of the application is what attracted us to use it.

Lisa from AHRI

Worth it!

I supervise a team of three HR professionals. Our biggest problem in our work execution was determining who was doing what when. I also needed to be able to follow up with them regarding items that had been referred to them for review, or even issues we discussed during our weekly one-on-one meetings. Through Trello, they are able to work on tasks and I can see their updates in the "activity" portion of the Trello card. I also get weekly and daily updates regarding tasks that are due soon. My team -- which was very skeptical about their ability to use Trello -- is very pleased and have even begun making their own boards! The use of Trello has cut down our meetings from hours to a bi-weekly stand-up call of 15 minutes.

Pros

Trello gives you great planner options on its FREE version, which is a fantastic value. Other products have free versions that are either barely functional, or have a limited time during which you can use the free version. Trello does not.

Cons

Honestly, there is really nothing that I dislike about this software. The only thing that comes close (and is not really a "con") is that there is a slight learning curve in order to leverage many of the extra features. The joy of this is that you can still use Trello with great functionality and never really miss these extra features such as the Butlers or Powerups

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello offers a FREE planner in a Kanban format. The features that you can use in the free version are significant, to include several board as well as some team collaboration options. One of the most useful tools that Trello has is the Microsoft Outlook add-in that allows you to add emails as cards (or tasks) in the system with all of the detail from the email. Directly from Outlook, you can create or update a card, choose the board or list on which to place it, and set the due date. My team was able to get up to speed on it fairly quickly and now we are all using it.

Cielle from Stepping into Freedom

I am getting so much more done

It was definitely worth the learning curve to figure out the best way for me to use Trello. And it really wasn't all that hard. I had to watch a few tutorials. Plus, because the software is so flexible. even when I made a few mistakes in setting up my first projects, I could easily restructure things within the setup. In other words, I didn't have to start over, I could simply change things as I went forward and noticed the need. This is great because with complex projects, even now that I know the software better, as project needs change, with Trello I can easily modify the tracking system I set up.

Pros

Trello's software is very flexible. I can set it up to meet my needs and tailor it to the way I tend to track workflow. Whether a project is big or small, I can easily track the next step or steps needed to be completed to move the project forward. And it offers a simple way to see at a glance all the projects I am currently working on.

Cons

Because the software is so flexible and open-ended, it took me a while to understand how to use it. I had been using a different project managing software before Trello. It was much less flexible and as a result, easy to implement "out of the box ". But I quickly ran into its limits. With Trello, it feels like there are no limits but at the same time it took me longer to figure out how to use it."

Jeff from Southgate Church

The Best Team Project Management Software

The training video really helps jump-start you experience and the blogs are fantastic. I share them with the team all the time. I am trying to push all of the important administrative functions of my ministry to the Trello platform for simplicity's sake.

Pros

I have a staff of volunteers which means they all have fulltime jobs and work remotely when they work for the Church. Trello is the program that we use the most. It is versatile with all of its different functions and so user friendly. I appreciate the flexibility to integrate with other programs. It makes project management a breeze!

Cons

I have yet to discover something I do not like about Trello. Lowering the price is always a win but the present rate is competitive.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello seemed to be making a bigger impact on the business world meaning future improvements and upgrades.

Best task manager

So far is free, so it also has the best relationship price/quality you can find.

Pros

By far this is the easiest to use task manager in the market. It is very intuitive and easy to use without missing functionality. I've used for several projects big and small and never failed me.

Cons

The only drawback I see is that after you create a task you must go back to add information, this is something that should be done in one step instead of two. It has less features than JIRA, but most JIRA features are of not use for me, so I can't complain for this, but if you are looking for a JIRA drop-in replacement, this is not the software you are looking for.

Because of the price.

Karrie from Karrie Marie Consulting

Industry: Online Media

Trello Is A Business Must Have

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Pros

I love the visual boards that are easy to drag and drop, easy learning curve, the ability to add due dates, and checklists. I use it for my business. Each client and subcontractor gets their own board. I love that you can get templates as starting off points. And it's free or inexpensive.

Cons

I know there is automation with Butler but haven't figured out how to use it. I wish you could add more storage under the free level. But it's still very inexpensive. I wish I could bring all the board's due dates under one master to do list.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I really liked ClickUp's to do list feature but I think Trello has an easier learning curve which is essential with beginners in business. They often don't have time to learn new tools.

Laura from Laura Pearman Photography

Industry: Photography

From sceptic to devotee!

I use Trello for a wide range of things in my business. Monthly tasks, Sales tracking, production of my YouTube channel, and on and on.

Pros

I was hearing things about Trello for a long time before I decided to take the plunge. When I did, I haven't looked back. Trello is, for me, where all of the moving parts of my business come together. It's the easiest way to delegate a clear set of tasks to virtual freelancers as well. If you want your business to grow faster without micro-management then this is absolutely the tool for you!

Cons

I have run into trello difficulties when starting some new tasks off in there. I would love some kind of clever template option that gives me alternative ways to use trello depending on what I want to track and manage. Sales funnels are very different to running the production of my YouTube Channel for instance. I've had to do some trial and error which took a bit of time up.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I used Asana when on a collaborative project with another group of businesses. One of the businesses use Asana and I found it clunky and counter-intuitive to use. It's like Nikon Vs Canon. You're either Trello or your Asana I think.

Angelo from Lambda School

Amazing for managing projects and teams

Overall I used it for 2yrs for work and keeping track of my personal stuff as well. If you want something easy to use and simple and be up and running quick use trello.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use the product and get up and running. The plugins for github let me track all the pull requests and repos of students to see progress on coding projects.

Cons

Github is amazing but they need to add more useful plugins like that and it would be top notch.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Notion seemed to confusing at first and I just wanted to start going.

Zee from The App Solutions

Perfect for Small Team Project Management

I love it! :) It's one of the best project management tools for projects that require flexibility and I really enjoy working with Trello.

Pros

- Trello is extremely user-friendly. I have been using it for many years (over 6) and I love the direction the company's going. - I love products that have a good design. Trello is one of those, where you can easily customize the look and feel, add labels (including those with color-blind people! very thoughtful!), and cute Taco the dog stickers. - You can create as many boards with as many columns as you need and share them with different people. Currently, I have 3 major projects from absolutely different industries and require different workflows, but all that could easily be set up in Trello within a few minutes. - You can attach documents to the tasks, link files, create checklists, tag fellow teammates, etc. - there is a multitude of useful features - and that's only in the FREE version! The Premium version has even more functionality (but I haven't used it :)

Cons

Having worked with two Atlassian's products - JIRA and Trello, I miss the JIRA's sprints (perhaps that's available in the premium version of Trello, but, as I said above, I haven't used it.) That way, it's easy to create reports for the management when you have a completed sprint and the few tasks that are moved further along. It's also easier to plan the work ahead with sprints. Oh well.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We didn't choose one over the other. We use both for different purposes.

MEHJABEEN from MH LABEL

project management with trello

I have use many project management apps and softwares before trello. But none has the ability to function as an editorial calendar, project management pipeline and much more. I depend on trello for my work, business and personal life. My weekly schedule, my blog, even my gardening is managed on trello. All my ideas would just get lost without trello. It's like having a virtual accountability partner

Pros

the ability to have a pipeline for all your projects

Cons

the fact that it can be very confusing at first. Powerup functionalities can improve

Reasons for Choosing Trello

The planning and milestones in Asana remind me of boring spreadsheets, versus trello seemed so much more fun to work with.

Dima from Freelance

Industry: Graphic Design

Great project managing tool for freelancers and teams

I'm a freelance graphic designer, working remotely with clients all over the globe. Trello allows me to keep track of all tasks I'm working on with clients, and keep discussions focussed. I can't imagine managing a complex project over email any more. Also it allows me to cut most meeting calls, as most of things could be discussed directly in Trello.

Pros

It's very flexible, very easy to use. It's possible to set up a Kanban style flow, or any other way you find useful. One of the biggest advantages that it has quite functional free plan. This allows me to invite my clients to the boards and manage complex projects without any financial investment. It has a mobile app which helps to keep track of tasks when i'm on the go.

Cons

With time I learned that Trello works best when we setup certain rules or scenarios of how tickets are created and managed. So it needs a bit of setting up to do in the beginning, and understanding GTD and Kanban helps. I have to agree on how we would use the board with my clients and team so we don't clutter the boards. But once we get the system working for us it works perfectly.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I was considering switching to Basecamp 3, but it's a bit expensive for my needs and too complicated. I like the light and fast Trello's experience much more. Free plan is a big plus.

Jeremiah from Schedulicity

The simplest project management tool I've ever used

Trello is incredible. For a small, agile, team trying to manage the day-to-day operations, it's perfect. If you're looking for something to manage organizations in the hundreds or thousands, or something with sophisticated reporting, I'd look at other options.

Pros

Trello is dead simple. It takes about 30 seconds to signup and start using it for task management, and another 15 minutes to start understanding how to do some more sophisticated tasks with the tool. It's also extremely easy to use for collaboration. Because of the easy signup it's better than most tools for bringing in other team members and easily working them into the everyday flow of the software. I also love that it's free for the basic tools. We have a team of 12 people who use it on a daily basis and have never had to pay for usage. That said, if we wanted to use it with other teams we'd likely need to pay, but it's still substantially less expensive than the alternatives. With Trello it's really easy to manage multiple boards which is super handy because I can manage both personal and business tasks from the same website, without needing to switch logins.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Trello when used for smaller teams/organizations. The core features are definitely a bit limited compared to other top project management tools, but there's a lot of really solid additions on paid plans that help level it up. It probably wouldn't be my choice for project management in an organization of hundreds, but for our purposes it works extremely well.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We wanted something simple, and easy to setup.

Rob from NVision4D

Trello keeps projects centralized and organized.

The most significant problem I solved with Trello is consolidation. Projects with a lot of managers can get out of control very quickly. One person will say, "I sent that email a week ago." Another will say, "I put that on Dropbox yesterday." In short time, there are multiple areas that contain the important documents and info and it becomes very tedious to find and consolidate it all. I have my clients "only" send me info via Trello. That way, everything is in one place. And, if they make a mess or place things in the wrong place, Trello is easy to reorganize and cleanup. I can manage the entire project in one place and now nothing is lost or missed or misplaced.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, fast and accessible. It also provides a good "overview at a glance" as to how a project is progressing, what needs attention and what can be left alone for now. I like the ability to "drag and drop" images and text into it. It makes it fast to share when you have another browser open and are researching. I also like the ability to place labels on the stacks of cards. Many of my clients don't take the time to really get into Trello and read everything I post there. They are in a hurry and just want what's required. I can place labels, say for instance, "Needs Feedback", on a stack and they just get used to looking for that so they can respond. It's also great for collaborating in real-time as I'm on the phone with someone. It's accessible from any web enabled device so I can view it and or work on it from anywhere.

Cons

The only thing I wish Trello had was the ability to "markup." I'd like to be able to draw or make pointers on images that are posted. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd change.

Sam from The 793 Ltd

Collaboration tool that keeps people on track

One of the things that can be difficult when getting people to collaborate is keeping conversations distinct from each other. Someone will write an email with a few questions or different updates included, and everyone starts replying - some in reference to some of the points, and others to other ones. The benefit of using Trello is that you can keep conversations focused due to the board and card based approach. It's easy to follow the thread of what has been discussed and your reply is always in context and won't be confused with any other subject.

Pros

I liked the easy to understand layout, and the fact that you can easily move things around or relabel them if you need to. The ability to attach different media is good and the interface is nicely customisable. It's great how people from different organisations can easily collaborate. The things that are most active are the most visible in the interface, which is great for keeping your attention.

Cons

I found some of the default settings a little confusing and frustrating. For instance, if you add an image to a card, it's automatically set as the cover image (I couldn't see a way to switch this off). I think that once things get archived, they seem a little hard to revisit, but this is something you occasionally need to do to refer back. These are minor issues really though and I'm sure the interface will keep on improving.

Vineet from Genetesis

Industry: Medical Devices

Great, no-frills workflow and management tool

Trello has helped uniquely mobilize my engineering team, allowing us to create a unique system combining the best parts of agile and traditional waterfall development for our medical device hardware workflow. It helps us realize changes to devices in a sustaining engineering project much more easily, with the full team understanding what everyone is doing and what the end goal is.

Pros

Lightweight and Easy to learn. For the features that exist, Trello executes them quite well, and the readability and usability of the software is excellent. I like the ability to separate work into columns and provide a custom workflow. The assignment tools allow me to keep team members directly responsible for getting tasks done on time. the integrations with other platforms allow for easy file management and attachment of relevant documentation.

Cons

Add-ons don't always make sense and could use some better screening by Trello. They aren't quite as intuitive and sometimes they make the experience clunky. Trello could also do a better job showing how different card management strategies can be tailored for use in specific applications/industries. Currently, there isn't a lot of direction for new users and often it takes time to feel out the best practices of the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

It seemed like a great user-friendly tool compared to competition and had a no-risk free version. It has proven to be scaleable and adaptable and the team enjoys using over tools used at past companies like MS project because of how easy and collaborative it is.

Randy from Atlantic BT

Any amazingly productive tool that is super simple to use

I have been using Trello for years in multiple use cases. I won't repeat the features here, because you can find those, but because of those features I have used it in these kinds of cases: - First and foremost for my daily and longer term task tracking at work. Although my office officially works in Jira, I use Trello for my non-billable tasks (and in fact for organizing many of my billables) because it is much easier and faster to use (then I just go to Jira to charge the time). - For personal task management - For collaboration with family - It is EXTREMELY useful in collaboration on projects supporting non-profits I work with - it's free, easy to use, and doesn't require any software install, so it's the easiest option for me to get a committee or team together on one tool to plan, coordinate, keep notes and records. It has helped some of my non-profit projects that I don't think would have succeeded otherwise. - For both online and in-person UX testing such as card sorts. - For documenting data models. - For documenting project process outlines. - For documenting design elements in a design process. I think I could probably go on for a bit longer, but these are the use cases I repeat often.

Pros

The best feature of Trello is that it is so simple and intuitive to use that I can have non-profit board members, committee members, and clients who have never seen it before up and running with it in very short order. It is the perfect balance of essential functionality with ease of use. Capable software that is too hard to understand is useless, as is software that is so simple it does nothing - Trello allows you to have teams quickly become productive without a massive investment in training time (and the associated drop-off in use).

Cons

Maybe it's because I'm so used to using it that I know what the limitations are and stay within them, that I don't have a strong 'least' liked feature. I guess I find the label color schemes rather limiting, but I know there are chrome extensions to help address that, and really the problem is that what I would want to do with labels varies with my application and I've been too lazy to really think through appropriate labeling schemes and exploring the extension options - I think writing this review will probably give me enough of a push to do that. However, this also demonstrates what I like about Trello - the default options are always 'sane' and not too complicated, so it is easy to get any team up and using it quickly. More complicated options would interfere with that.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

My initial use of Trello wasn't a structured analysis and selection from a set of Kanban tools - it was more discovering the kanban method as superior to lists and spreadsheets as tracking methods. Then, when more complex kanban tools became available, I found they were too complicated and expensive for distributed users that weren't in the same office. I use Jira when forced as the office standard, but that's for time tracking - we still use Trello throughout the office for tasks that don't have to be in the system of record because it's so easy and effective.

William from Minuteman Press

The best in order and group work.

In a little more than a year using it, it has brought me a lot of help and good things, I appreciate and organize better my work with Trello, it is very simple the group stage because it provides us with notifications, deadlines, processes, editions and so on. You can synchronize your content with Trello. I recommend it completely, I think it is for everyone, it is customizable and will fit every need.

Pros

There are some characteristics in favor of Trello which are; clean design, that in spite of having a lot of tools, does not stop being simple and customizable. It is available for any device, pc, mobile, tablet and its applications are quite good. Friendly with integration and widget application. And as we know, it is a wonderful task manager, highly collaborative, ideal for business and personal work. I use it daily because I take the process of my activities there, also the group is very active and more in the creative area, is favorable because we can upload audiovisual content, evidence, you can add labels, colors, stickers; their cards are pretty cool and the lists handle everything, attach files and so on, is very complete and is a relief to have this software

Cons

Trello is pretty good for its pro price, besides having the free version which is also great. But I feel that it can improve in the mentions and search of the members in groups.

Mike from Sports Software

Great Product for Small Teams and StartUps to get Organized Now

Trello is good for personal organization, as well as organization of small teams (2-4 workers). As teams grow, we consider moving to Asana as it helps handle teams that are still under one manager. With multiple teams and managers, I had success with Jira. Our team is happy to use it as they find it adds value without wasting valuable time. Trello is quicker then Asana and Jira to set-up. You get what you put into it, so it’s important to define a cadence with your team for it to work. Trello enables your team to stay organized, but it is up to your team to use it consistently to receive its value.

Pros

Trello is a low commitment software that is easy to set-up and very quick to learn. We are using it at a small start to to manage tasks and development milestone. It is perfect for product and project management with small teams. The trello UX is flexible for many tasks, and saves you time (for example: one can re-use task lists since they automatically save, making processes that operate at a fixed frequency easy to set up). The ability to assign tasks and due dates is very helpful. The features overall are geared towards good documentation and consistent experience. It’s a well built product. If it’s your companies first time using electronic software for product or project management, it’s the perfect tool to get started and work on a cadence that’s works for you team. Our team has moved from white boards to trello, and have seen positive results.

Cons

I find trello is a little more tedious then other software like Jira. This is because I cannot move things in bulk. Also, trello doesn’t have the same layout functionality that Jira does, making it less efficient for large teams. Trello has a lot of functionality that you may not need, so be sure to only use what makes your time with the product effective. Make sure to think through what is worth spending time on with your team.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is the quickest to use from day 1. It requires the lowest amount of time to get to work. It’s free tools are also amazing. The alternatives had too much investment to get started, given we were initially in a exploratory stage.

Great Way to keep track of projects in a virtual team

Like any tool, the crux of the matter is wether you can get your team to adopt it and use it, rather than just keep plowing along with email. But my experience has been that the visual way that you can get a lot of information represented with one glance and the flexibility of how you do this, combined with the notifications (email, computer, mobile apps) makes it far superior to email and my team has realized this.

Pros

This visual way this represents information and the flexibility in how this information is represented on the 'board' and within each 'card' makes this an invaluable tool for our virtual team. I like most that this software gives you a visual representation of your work. You can see at a glance where things are at. We use it for client projects with multiple milestones to see where we are in each of the cases. The "cards" let you add all types of information in a facebook like feed: documents, photos and scans, notes, you can have discussions here. You can also add deadlines to a card, which will remind you at the set time on your desktop or phone. (apps for all major platforms are available). Notifications also get sent to your email if you so desire. I also really like that once you have written a checklist, and you create a new card you can easily use the former checklist as a template for the new card. This means we can make our SOP's into checklists and maintain these so all people who work on a project use the same standardized measurements of the progress on a project.

Cons

The way usernames are created seems a bit random. For example my colleage, lets call him "Frank Michaels" gets a username assigned that looks like this @frankmich2453 - when I want to address him (tag him) in a conversation to ensure he gets an altert that this is something he needs to look at, this weird, random username gets used. Its not really an issue with functionality as much as aestetics and defintely not a deal breaker.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Basecamp is a great product but the pricing options for Trello are better (free options are available) and (not sure why) adoption has worked better, eventhough I like the aestitics of Basecamp better, but visual representaiton through these 'cards' is really well implemented and helps many people understand infomraiton quicker.

The perfect tool to follow up team tasks and projects

The main use of Trello is the team follow up by following the tasks, the due date and the projects. This is the best tool to work together within a team and to keep all tasks organized and well assigned. Coupled to Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Project, it is the best combination to manage a team and big projects.

Pros

Trello is very easy to understand and to use. The dashboard is very clean and easily useable. There are very high quality features such us assigning tasks to team, with due dates, with priority levels, ... Trello can be integrated to other softwares such us Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams. We also set up a ticketing tool to solve all customer requests and bug reports.

Cons

Nothing I really didn't like about Trello... Maybe be one thing could be improved : it is the history of the actions done on the task and tiles. At the moment, the history is too loaded and sometimes it is not easy to find the most important actions done.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is used by a lot of people and is well supported. It is very easy to use and easy to understand by all the team, whatever their level. The user interface is very simple and friendly. It helps focus on the mains tasks and work. Very good features to help managing projects. It is integrated to Microsoft Teams and Outlook which are our main softwares in the company.

Tyler from Brigham Young University - Idaho

Great product management for a team

A great product management tool for coordination. It took me some time to get used to all it could do and how I wanted to use it, but now I really enjoy it. The best part is the free option to use it (which is what I use) and it works well for my needs.

Pros

Customizability and flexibility. I have really enjoyed using Trello at our university to coordinate course development across multiple departments. When I develop a course, it is easy to have each column of task cards in Trello be a week, with each task card an activity or page within my course. The checklist feature on the task cards is great for assigning items for different team members to do from writing instructions to reviewing uploaded documents. When they complete the activity, they simply check the box and it shows up on the task card's screen and on the main project management screen. I also utilize the labels feature on the task cards for different things to communicate to my team, such as "Hey, Course Lead, look here!" by assigning the red label. When you have a ton of cards, this labeling system helps to see at a quick glance the entire project and where you should focus. In short, a really good tool for product management that I encourage you to practice with. It is free to use, with some premium options if you want to explore more.

Cons

Practice makes perfect. Trello is a great system, but it does take some initial effort to really streamline the way you want to use it. Because of its customizability and flexibility, it can be easy to get overwhelmed at first with all the features. You also need to work with your team members you invite to coordinate on Trello to get them used to checking it regularly before you start to see its true potential.

Ty from Georgia-Pacific LLC

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

My favorite personal project management tool ever!

It always does exactly what i need it to do. Never dealt with bugs, sync issues. Provides me a lot of relief managing my day to day. No matter what device i am near i can add something to a list and continue along.

Pros

I have used many different project management/personal organization tools and none of them ever seemed to "stick" until Trello came along. The app is fantastically built with an incredible UX no matter the device. They haven't overloaded it with unnecessary extra junk and i appreciate that. They stick to their core mission and do the right things really, really well and it's because of that i still use it. Using it as a collaborative tool is also great. It might not be DevOps and some people may knock it for that but there is definitely a place for it in an agile organization.

Cons

I personally don't consider this a criticism but i could see how some would say its not good enough as an enterprise project management tool. I can understand where they are coming from BUT my primary use of this platform is personal project management and task management. I also think most projects could easily employ a agile model facilitated by Trello but it's really a personal preference.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I really like the UI of Trello. It's intuitive and easy to use.

Great tool for project management

Trello is our go-to tool for planning and executing projects. We use it to plan and execute projects across multiple teams and functions and it works very well - everyone knows how to use it, everyone follows the boards, works great. We use Asana for my team and Trello for cross-company project planning.

Pros

- Trello is great for planning and executing projects - It's especially useful when multiple teams/depts are involved - Unlike Asana, it's easy to add freelancers and external partners to Trello and have them follow the workflow - Trello is super easy to set up and use - No enablement is needed - it's just intuitive

Cons

- The functionality is very basic and upgrading to paid plan costs the same as Asana (which has more goodies for us) - When we have boards with external parties and try to upgrade, we need to pay for the 'guests' as well and that blocks us - Sub tasks don't have a deadline functionality, which is a pity

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is free & more convenient for cross-teams projects.

Lee from E.C. Barton & Company

Industry: Building Materials

Great Software for Small Teams

It is great for small teams that aren't strictly held to a standard for regular sprint cycles. If you want a quick SCRUM or KANBAN experience for a hobby or small project it is perfect. If you're looking to manage a large scale development project, it is not scalable.

Pros

It's very easy to use and extremely flexible for many styles of project management. Using it on several of my side projects not related to the core of my development role, I have been able to easily keep track of progress and manage the workflow for a small team and small projects. The plugins were fun to use as well. I really liked the "aging cards" effect for cards that haven't moved through the workflow fast enough.

Cons

As a developer on many projects, Trello became cumbersome when we needed to scale and manage multiple projects. I wanted to, but the costs and features seemed to limit the scope of what we could do with various agile teams on numerous projects. I think it would have worked, but our contractors were looking for something more along the lines of JIRA for software development project management. We never got to try out multiple features or plugins with Trello as a whole. I did get to use it to manage my tasks related to JIRA issues, which was okay, but I eventually opted for tasks in JIRA. In short, it is hard to clearly define sprints and tasks for those sprints without having to repeatedly create new labels or new boards to separate sprints.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We chose Trello initially for ease of use and flexibility. We were unaware of the limitation of scale that eventually came from using it on large scale productions.

Nancy from American Showa

Great team collaboration and organization tool

I am a beginner at Trello, so have not investigated all the functionality. That being said, I can envision, with proper licensing, utilizing Trello daily in my job, home, home business, and travel. A software vendor managing a new implementation developed a sort of scrum board with user stories, where we can post questions/concerns we come upon during the implementation life cycle. In addition to using a basic "post-it note" type board, I was very easily able to create a full series of test scripts and assign team members within the first 30 minutes of use. MUCH more elegant than a giant workbook! Browsing templates, I found a trip planner for Paris, which is where I plan to take my granddaughter next summer. I was effortlessly able to change the itinerary and edit embedded link to the Skyscanner power-up to point to our home airport and actual dates. My granddaughter is a member, so when she sees or thinks of something she wants to do, she can add a card or link to our trip board. Recently my business partner for our part-time Etsy shop sent a link to a Trello board template for inventory keeping, so after the holidays, we plan to start developing this for our shop. This is a fantastic tool to keep on track and take away the pain of sorting through so many activities, tasks, to-do's, plans, etc. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Cloud based - available 24/7 without having to VPN in to a server that stores Project docs. Flexible - create test scripts, PM tasks/timelines, to-do lists, trip planning, inventory Fun - allows switching backgrounds, cute stickers, set reminders, embed links and maps, allows users to give it a personal touch and flair Easy - simple to use, with many templates available online. The seems to be no limit to the the uses one can imagine for this product. 5S - Eliminates the need for post-its and binders full of scribbled notes - just add a note/task/card and it is there in the cloud, accessible with a click for future reference.

Cons

The only setback I have experienced is that an upgrade to 'business class' is required to utilize more than one "Power-up," per board. 'Power ups' are free add-ons different functions and enhancements and embedded links to maps, travel sites, calendars, etc.. I have not yet approached my company to purchase an upgrade, since I do not know who would use these multi-power-upped boards that would require additional 'business class' licenses. We ran in to this with PowerBI as well - great if there are only a few using, but the costs quickly accumulate once users see how greatly this would impact their work efforts. Without the power-up, I cannot get dates on tasks within a card to update automatically when changing the beginning date, because there does not seem to be a standard dependency/gantt feature like there is in Project.

Maryl from Cadenza Artists

Trello is your team's organizational sandbox

We use Trello every day to give the company team-wide access to where we are in the pipeline of our projects. Any team member can be added to any board to see, add and edit cards. Trello has great integrations with other platforms we use such as Hubspot and Google suite. You can easily create a new card by sending to a specific email address which streamlines the flow of regular processing. We greatly appreciate the regular updates from the Trello team, they seem to be regularly updating the software and adding benefits to their already solid product.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, easy to customize and visually appealing. Their customer service and regular updates are impressive.

Cons

I personally have no drawback to this software, we have utilized this on our team for years, tried other software for the same systems and keep coming back to Trello.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We preferred the overall layout of the boards.

Does it's job without all of the frills

I use Trello both for my individual work as well as department-wide requests. Trello allows me to hold co-workers accountable for submitting requests and maintaining a detailed change log, which often gets lost or can be difficult to backtrack when managing requests via email, chat tools, or in-person.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, requires little-to-no training or enablement, and just gets the job done. Though the add-ons available for a free account are rather minimal, I find that the additional features provided by premium accounts are often unnecessary and cause a lot of noise. When looking for a tool to maximize efficiency of ticket completion, I find less is more.

Cons

Very easy to accidentally delete information in a ticket without noticing, with no way to undo changes. The permissions available to restrict certain people from editing cards are limited, and would be very helpful when creating cards that are supposed to serve as templates, for example, which would ideally be locked and available for copying only.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Free tier, which Asana no longer offers

Michael from Post Hill Press

Industry: Publishing

Great Tool for Staying on Track

It's a great tool. The paradigm of board / list / card is easy to follow and simple to teach to even the most technophobic user.

Pros

Trello's "board / list / card" format makes it great for sharing tasks and passing them over to other departments to track production flow. Our company produces upwards of 200 new products per year so the production details are passed between departments and handed-off with ease with this tool.

Cons

The Free Tier versus the Business Tier is a big jump. There's very little room to tiptoe into the commercial version of the tool. The Business version is expensive for large organizations. That being said, the free tier does everything we need it to do. The biggest downside of this system is that you can potentially back up the system by downloading json files, but there is NO TOOL to restore lost data! One would have to manually re-enter every card and every detail in the system which would be a disaster. They really do need to focus on their import/export abilities which are currently completely nonexistent.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

A department head had previous experience with Trello and was convinced it was the perfect tool for our needs. They were right.

Rob from eSoftware

Trello - Organize your tasks for better life

I have been using it for personal purposes. I just found the app and decide to try it. Because of our energetic and dynamic days, there is a strong need to stay focused and organized, I think that app is very good for doing this. It helps you stay organized, always know what exactly you need to do at the moment, schedule your time and stay healthy mind because you do not need to remember all the things in your head and you can focus on your daily tasks. I pretty recommend this app for every purpose. I think everyone can find himself or herself here because it can save a lot of time, nerves and not finished on-time job. I think it is a very powerful and useful 2019s app for better everyday life.

Pros

This software has multiple features to like. Some of them are: 1. It helps you to organize all your tasks - from your home needs, vacations, what to buy for eating, to your business needs and office tasks. 2. You can share your projects with your family, team or friends - For example, you will no longer forget to say to your partner what to do instead of you at home - just share your common tasks and everything is ready. 3. You can easily create categories - like TO DO, IN PROGRESS, IDEAS and whatever you like. With this feature you always will see exactly what you want - for example you will always see only what you need to do and nothing else unnecessary. 4. You can add to your tasks images, due dates, attachments. You can share a task with specific people only. You can create checklists which I think are very powerful for one task because you just check everything you have done. 5. There are different design templates that help you organize different tasks for different spheres of life - like Home tasks, Business tasks, Study tasks. 6. The design is super pretty and eye-catching and for me, it is a pleasure to work with that kind of beautiful app. 7. You can synchronize your projects and tasks between your devices - PCs, laptops, phones, and tablets. I think this is useful because let's say you can write down all your tasks for the week on the PC on Sunday and then just check them on your phone throughout the entire week.

Cons

Till my using, I didn't find any inconvenience working with the app. I think that the app is very intuitive, easy to use and powerful for all your needs. Of course, if you need it for strong purposes, you need to pay a bit for it, but I think the pricing is very good for all the powerful features the app supports.

I didn't ask for shared to-do lists... but here we are!

Overall I have found Trello to be of benefit both personally and to our team. Trello has helped our management keep track of each team member's workloads from a big picture standpoint, and has helped with distribution (and re-distribution) of work. It has also been beneficial to me in terms of organizing and keeping track of the work that I'm doing. As someone naturally disorganized, this is a major compliment. It has been so helpful that I am considering using it for my personal projects as well.

Pros

Trello is an organizational powerhouse. Personally, neither my mind nor my typical work style are very organized -- I'm all about scattered thoughts and scattered notes. Trello offers a myriad of solutions for the problem that is me. From separate boards for separate projects/task types, to separating lists of cards by various types, to individual cards, the organization options offered by Trello's "to-do" lists are pretty granular. This system is very easy to use, but the deeper you go -- especially once you start playing with Trello's various powerups -- the more complex it becomes. There is a lot to be said for the extension of functionality offered by said powerups -- they go from simple extensions of base functionality to drastic shifts in how information is presented (such as calendar view) or integration of other services (including Google Drive and Dropbox). Trello is pretty easy to use out of the box for an unorganized person such as myself, but offers a lot of possibilities for the power users willing to dive, or the highly organized among us.

Cons

Aside from its many organizational functions, which are stellar, the main draw of Trello is that it allows for sharing and collaboration among users. My team (10-20 people), for example, uses a single shared Trello board, with card lists for each team member, across all of our projects. Since everyone can see everything, this has led to occasional weirdness between members of our team. Perhaps this is just due to the organizational structure we've settled on -- perhaps I'm saying the con is people. On that note -- there doesn't seem to be an easy undo function, so if you mess something up on a shared board you may end up creating confusion. The notification system is also not ideal. Trello is not the place to go if you require the person you're communicating with's immediate attention.

Der from Entertainment

Industry: Computer Games

Trello, awesome for ToDo lists but in need of improvement

Trello is an ingenious site to create ToDO lists. I know a few companies that use Trello and I do. I use Trello to create ToDo lists for the completion of my computer game. So current problems are listed there and colored whether the problem still exists or has been fixed. When I have new ideas, I create a Trello map. So I have my ideas, important things and problems directly in one place. I have tested a CMS for my webserver that works similar to Trello. However, it has always turned out that Trello is the better choice.

Pros

There are some positive things, but also some that bother me. One of the positive features of Trello is that it is absolutely free. I can use it without any costs and have all my information in one place. Trello's smartphone app helps me stay up to date and add new ideas even when I'm on the go. The website is quickly loaded even if the internet is not so good and you can access everything quickly and easily.

Cons

What really bothers me about using Trello is that you can only create these vertical boxes and then always add new lists to the right. In the beginning that's ok, but with larger collections of ideas, problems or todo-things in general, the board quickly becomes confusing. With my current board I have to scroll 10 minutes to the right (Of course that's a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean, don't you?) to get to my other lists. In any case, I hope for a better user interface that is clearer and makes it easier to work with a team on the board.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Simple ToDo List (plugin) has a terrible design and Next Cloud is awesome (as cloud) but not for todo-lists. It also hasnt trello like features.

Ishanka from Global Systems Solutions International

My favorite, simple and easy to use task management tool on the Internet

The ease of use and layout makes this great for smaller projects, but also holds the platform back from fulfilling the needs of bigger operations. With my experience with Trello, I think it is a must-have tool for freelancers, small companies and new startups.

Pros

Trello is a project management software that allows teams to collaborate on a project. This platform is commonly used by software development teams, small startups, and entrepreneurs who are working together with a team to create a product of sorts. It allows for easy communication, updates on tasks, and the general oversight of a project. Through my experiences of working with the software platform, here are some of the pros and cons I have found to be true of this platform. Ease of Use - I was shocked to see older professors in a college setting using this platform, but thanks to the simplicity, almost anyone who is semi-tech savvy can easily navigate and figure out the basics of Trello. Device Accessibility - Typically, when you are on the go, you don't always have time to be working off of your laptop. With Trello, it is easy to manage boards, lists, and cards from a mobile or tablet device. Notifications - It is easy to stay up to date with any project as users are sent notifications through the mobile and web app platforms. Layout - The way the task, cards, and list are set up allows for one to quickly understand the status of the project and access details needed in specific areas of the project.

Cons

Limited Storage - In the freemium model, the most each file attachment can be in size is 10 MB. This can be problematic if the team needs to view a PDF, video, or slide deck presentation that you are trying to add to the board. This can easily be resolved by a user posting a link on Trello of a google drive file, but the creation of that google drive file may come as an inconvenience. Commenting - As progress is made, you may want to edit a comment made previously to avoid confusion among team members. Trello does not allow for editing comments, which can come as a hassle. Instead, you must write a new comment.

Vanessa from Hartline Transaction Services Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate BloomTree Realty

I LOVE TRELLO!!!! It will change your life.

Best organizational tool out there! Highly recommend for home and work use. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Everything!!! The customization, the integrations, the data it can sort/ share, team collaboration, organizational flows (for personal and work related items). Trello has change my life and my clients lives. I manage real estate listings and transactions for clients in here and they can see everything I do. They know exactly where they are in the listing or transaction process and we can easily communicate with each other. It is also very helpful for storing data and tracking workflow. On a personal level, I love it for keeping track of grocery lists, sale items, projects, health insurance issues. All of the above. I am a new mom and put questions for my daughter predication in Trello and pull out the list at each appointment. I love that it can be used on a desktop or mobile device and so easily. I also love that it is FREE for up to 10 users and had thousands of integrations with other programs and apps. It is great tool for small businesses!

Cons

The downside it you have to share whole boards, not just specific cards. It would be the end all be all if they could build in this feature. It has been my greatest struggle with my business model.

Alfredo from Kampaoh

Improve productivity of your team

One of the main mistakes in teams is lack of comunication. With Trello all your team will know what taks are prioritary, steps to acomplish them and who is the responsible of do it. As a manager you get a simple view of the task you delegate. As an employee you get a list of task and status of this tasks.

Pros

It's 100% free. You can design the "canvas" as you decided. Personalize it, and make it usefull for you and your team.

Cons

When you start using a new app, some people refuse the change. This app needs the compromise of all your team, because it's not usefull if some people decide not to use it.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

It's free and full customizable.

Khaled from Alfan Group

From team-management to project organization!

This software has allowed us to manage internal projects, work with consultants and external hires / outsourcing, hold team members accountable for goals, timelines, and long-term KPI's. It gives the freedom to managers to micro and/or macro-manage depending on their style.

Pros

Trello is one of those tools that is perfect for all user levels. For those just starting out, it's easy to organize anything in your life, from wedding planning, to family budgeting, to project management to research organization. For power users, you get the advantage of a plethora of tools and shortcuts that make project management a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes the platform is a little slow when jumping back and forth between different boards... but honestly it's nothing prohibitive. It may also be the shear number of boards, lists, and tickets that our team has using the free tier.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Redmine wasn't build specifically for this use, and would take a much bigger investment in time and energy to adopt.

Julian from DO IT International

Simple and free tool for time management using Agile principles

We are a corporate training company and we use Trello to teach time management for corporate users. Our participants adopt very easily the tool and are ready to use it in minutes. I also personally use it to store information, manage small projects, plan my trips and collaborate with others. Simple and effective.

Pros

Trello is super easy to use and a very simple concept. However, it is amazing powerful and has lots of power ups and extensions to make it even more powerful. Its free and very intuitive. I use it with the participants in my workshops and they can all register and get it running in a couple of minutes.

Cons

Managing several boards can become cumbersome and Trello does not have an easy way to sync cards or lists among boards. With the purchase of Buttler a former third party power up, this is a bit better now, but still a big flaw.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Price and simplicity. The free version is good enough for a powerful experience and the paid version is still reasonable . Asana is much more powerful, but more expensive and complex.

Ericson from MOS Studio

Industry: Computer Games

Trello Review

We are using it as a tracking task progresses for Game development and also I use it as a tool for list bugs status.

Pros

What I like the most on Trello is the way of moving the card or progress so easy to designated list, And i like also the assigning people to the card who are working on in with included due date with each task, The notification is so reliable for us to remind us things we need to work on and when the date line is near, it set it as a reminder for us. We are using trello for tracking task progresses and prioritisation. Also as a QA engineer for the communication with the developer I am using it to list all bugs and issues with the system and assign it with the programmers. I like : Labeling with colors The Shortcut keys Attaching files in each card and also links website

Cons

What i did not like about it is that it does not have a graph or gant chart. And also to maximize the space the user can also move the list into the bottom of another list.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Its very easy to use that we will not take time to learn more , because it is actually so basic . all functions are straight to the point.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 16,691 reviews