• Pros

• "We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA"

• "The most great experience was the service during our transition to the new portal. The system ease of use, real time, and features with several options are available are secondary. "

• "The software is very user friendly and has all of the features that I was looking for."

• Cons

• "There are times when the software seems to lag. Response time when using a smart phone is a bit slow."

• "Spotty service, sometimes the website was down, but it didn't really create an issue for me as I could just try again later"

• "The difficulties in keeping balances up to date along with system glitches and high credit fees."

Browse PayHOA Reviews

Samuel from Triwest Enterprises

Give PAYHOA a shot for community management. You will be hooked. Great Customer Service!

My overall experience has been Amazing. PAYHOA offers great value, wonderful customer service, and support, and the overall ease of use makes this a no-brainer. I did vast amounts of research for Community Management software and we are very pleased we selected PAYHOA. We plan to use them for a long time to come. Thanks again to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being available to help when we have a question!

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to efficiently communicate to residents of an HOA. This software has made managing an HOA so much easier for us. You get great, personalized service and speedy responses to all of your questions. You never feel like you are left alone to figure it out by yourself.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made this system much less intimidating by being there every step of the way to help if we have questions. People like her make this software worth it!

Cons

This is seldom a problem, but I have noticed that the system can run slow on certain days. I feel like the violation process could be streamlined as well if there was a mobile version so you could record violations in real-time while out on inspections. It would be great to be able to upload photos instantly.

Reasons for Choosing PayHOA

Well to be honest, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the first person we spoke with from PAYHOA and he was one of the main reasons we chose the software. He spent plenty of time with us to help ensure this was the right software for us, and we liked the way he laid everything out. PAYHOA also is more price friendly and we felt the level of value we received was well worth what we are paying. PAYHOA has some great people behind it.

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2020

Sam, Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your feedback! Best, Mike Bollinger

David from Rose Hill HOA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Self Managed HOA

Not all residents participate in the meetings but are nonetheless expecting to be made known the happenings of the HOA. Since we are self-managed, the software has been able to increase the ability for the board to communicate more effectively with the members. Also the members having their own account and portal to pay online is a huge time saver in accounting. It also gets them more involved.

Pros

The best part of the software is the simple UI with the abundance of features need to self manage a small single family HOA with less than 100 units, all in one place. It has and will continue to greatly improve communication and ease accounting tasks. The technical support when I have run into some bugs has been as I expect, outstanding. THe ability to download CSV files is awesome.

Cons

The software has had some bugs with the PDF mailer and identical transactions being deleted. It also needs some accounting reports which are downloadable in formatted version and not just .CSV files; something immediately presentable to a person. The UI in Violations is not quite clear that there is a process; create, submit, and then resolution.

Reasons for Choosing PayHOA

PayHOA was smart to combine the best parts of alternative products into one creating a single source partner for the association .

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

David, Thanks for the review and the really helpful feedback! We are about to release an updated reporting module that will provide additional accounting reports and PDF versions of each! We appreciate your business! Best, Mike

Randy from Adamsville Park HOA

A good start for a management solution

I inherited PayHOA from a previous board who did not make sound business decisions. If this system were not in place when I joined the board of directors, I would not adopt it. This solution does not meet the needs of our HOA. However, there would be more pain on my part to transition to something else, so we will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the electronic Invoice feature and the ability for members to pay via card, via debit of account or by offline check. I also like the unified message center that maintains a history of emails to members and tracks if an email has been viewed

Cons

I did not like the difficult task of applying interest on unpaid balances. It was difficult to show the open balance carried forward while adding a late fee on open balance. Printing an account history was a work around, but even this document needed modification as not to imply that the interest charge was the only outstanding balance.

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

Hi Randy, I'm very sorry to hear that the platform is not meeting your expectations. I'm happy to jump on a call to better understand the issues you're having and create a solution for you. I'll reach out directly to schedule a meeting. Best, Mike Bollinger

Matthew from Information Technology and Services

Great for Self Managed HOA's

This so far has been a great one stop shop to manage our HOA with ease

Pros

I am the president of our HOA for about 65 homes and we recently decided to move to a self managed HOA. I participated in free trials for almost every major product available on Capterra. Without a doubt, PayHOA's interface was the easiest to learn and sell to the other board members. We have identified a few bugs in the system, but working with support has been a breeze in getting them fixed. It really seems like the tool is being improved on a regular basis. This is not some tool that was created and is just sitting back collecting dust. It's a very interactive and powerful tool that gives you just about anything you can think of. And if it's not there, the support team listens to ideas to see if it can be implemented. So far our community has welcomed this upgrade and it has allowed the Board to easily support our residents with less time than it did managing our management company.

Cons

The financial tools and reporting requires some work. I'm sure our Bank's outdated online banking system is a big factor in this. There are also many free online tools that can help cover any ground that this tool misses. I also feel that the online payment fees are not competitive either. It would be nice if there was a way to link your banks system to this to avoid these charges...

Price, options, application layout

Response from Pay HOA

Replied September 2019

Matt, Thank you for the review! I really appreciate the feedback you've provided -- it really helps us to continue improving the product! Best, Mike

Anne from Tempest Homes LLC

One Stop Management

After “interviewing” a few companies, PayHOA was by far the most friendly, informative, cost effective and user friendly program. I have a few communities that range from 50 doors up to 250+ doors and PayHOA has been able to fit our needs for all of them. The fees seemed to be very comparable to the other programs, so it all came down to how easy is this going to be to use? I didn’t want to ADD any more time than I was already spending on excel spreadsheet work. PayHOA has delivered on all that I was looking for. Customer Support is always quick and responsive, and if they can't help at that moment, the programming support turnaround hasn't been more than a business day. Very satisfied with this program!

Pros

Cons

I wish that the Financial reporting feature was a bit more form driven. Using the simplistic P&L that PayHOA contains, I have an easy work-around for the various needs of my HOA Board Reporting. This is a wish-list item for me - I'd love to be able to print out a GAAP acceptable Income Statement and Balance Sheet.

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

Anne, Thank you for the review and really helpful feedback! We are about to release a reports upgrade that should solve the reports work around! I'll circle back with you as soon as it's live on the site! Best, Mike

Harry B. from Federal Alliance

Not a satisfied customer

Onboarding was horrible. Tutorial was easy to follow.

Pros

Affordability, however you pay for what you get.

Cons

Cancelation on their pdf mailer. They say you have 5min to cancel, however there is no option for you to cancel as the user. So, if I'm working late I need to make sure that I wait the following day to contact them just in case I need to cancel. And that's if they pick up due to the coronavirus. Unfortunately, I have already committed with my HOA to this software. If that wasn't the case I would go to tops.

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2020

Hi Harry, I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our customer support team and our platform. I do see that you emailed us to cancel a PDF mailer the day after it was initiated. Unfortunately, our mailer already had the job in production and could not cancel it. I'll make sure we add some language to the confirmation page to make it clearer that submissions are final. We are looking at other direct mailers that offer more flexibility for cancellation, but it's a difficult balance because our clients also want their mailers put in the mail as quickly as possible and cancellation windows slow that process. I see that we offered a $150 credit to your account to help offset the inconvenience. I am happy to work with you to make sure you are made whole and I hope that you will give PayHOA another chance to show our value. Feel free to email me directly at mike@payhoa.com to discuss further. Best, Mike Bollinger

DAVID from Villa Vizcaya Homeowners Association

PayHOA is Great

Pros

We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Cons

It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

David, Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team! Best, Mike Bollinger

Dominick from Sigma Nu - University of Rochester

Great & easy to use, wonderful customer service

I had gotten a free trial of the program as treasurer of a fraternity. It is such an easy system to use that incorporates many different features in regards to collecting dues. My favourite part was the ability to use LegFi to send emails to members who weren't paying dues, acting as a collection agency. Keeping track of dues paid and due dates was very convinient, and they made it so you could see on your homepage what your organization's collections looked like. It was super easy to set up for me and for the members of my organization, and the workers at LegFi were there to help me through the whole way. I cannot stress how wonderful the customer service was. I had an issue and called the phone number and was able to speak directly to the president. He was extremely understanding, courteous, and very helpful. These are really down to earth people who want to help your organization, financials and beyond. If you are an organization looking to utilize a financial collections service, I would have no reservations in recommending LegFi

Pros

Ease of use, customer service

Iris from Springfield Place Condominium Association

Board President

We collect homeowners association fees, the intuitive system allows us to obtain data and monitor expenses and communicate with owners. The Board loves it!

Pros

Cons

Not applicable, new features are on the horizon.

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

Hi Iris, Thank you for the review! I'm glad your Board and association members are finding PayHOA helpful! Best, Mike Bollinger

Caleb from TCU FIJI

June 2015

Use of legfi for fraternity chapter finances

Love the simple and helpful website. Very easy for members to make payments and track charges, and it is also great to use as an administer. Sending out charges, recording payments, seeing an overview of each semester's finances, looking at past semesters, and easily messaging members are all available tools for chapter officers. Parents can also easily access and use legfi' website. The people at legfi are also very nice and helpful. The only issue we have had is legfi invoicing members. Many times our members do not receive invoices or they show up late.

Hilary from Mill Creek Community Association

Great Value, Great Customer Service

The staff is very responsive to our questions. They are doing a great job of prioritizing our feature requests and making little tweaks to the system that improve the user experience.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement. PayHOA uploaded all our data smoothly. This software package had the functionality we wanted. We love that we can receive online payments and send mailings directly to our residents via this software.

Cons

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

Hilary, Thank you for the review! We've been working behind the scenes to speed up the mobile views and you should see an increase in the next 30 days! We appreciate the really helpful feedback! Best, Mike

Derek from Lambda Chi Alpha

Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review

I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org. Bad News first: You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous times between mid March and when our taxes were due in mid May. Time and time again I was assured that the form would be provided prior to tax day, but unfortunately it never was. Luckily, one of the brothers is an had just completed an internship at Grant Thornton, otherwise I would have been helpless. To be blunt, we feel like we wasted money on a service that couldn't deliver. Furthermore, your software doesn't provide enough tools, especially the budget builder. We budget on a semester -by-semester basis and I just don't have enough freedom to build a functional budget based on our needs with the current version. Now the good news: For the most part, your customer service was exceptional. Every call was informative and the operators did a fine job assisting me to the best of their abilities. General tips: - Get file990.org running more smoothly. This is one of the primary reasons why fraternities employ your service and it needs to be functional if we are to continue to do so. - Finalize this update that your customer service told me about. He shared his screen to give me a peek at the beta and I was impressed. The earlier you get this out before fall semester begins the better. In conclusion, our first semester with Legfi wasn't exactly smooth sailing but there is certainly potential for improvement. Hope this review is helpful.

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

Alex from Alpha Sigma Phi - Gamma

Legfi Review

Honestly legfi kinda sucked. The only thing it was good for was ease of tax reporting. Otherwise it was a pain to keep balances up to date and often they would go negative for no apparent reason and overall was just a hassle. I would keep track of due payments on my own and moved people away from paying on the website due to high credit card fees while other vendors have lower fees. Even venmo is free for P2P transfers, not sure why this was not an option with legfi.

Pros

The ease of tax reporting

Cons

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied February 2017

Hi Alex, I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on LegFi. I would love to hop on a quick call to understand a little more about what was happening with your balances going negative. Unfortunately, we can't offer person to person transfers because your chapter is a nonprofit corporation with an EIN. I would be very careful running the chapter's revenue through a personal account, as it opens you up to tremendous tax and personal liability. If you'd like to discuss further, I would love to continue the conversation via email or phone. Best, Mike Bollinger Founder | LegFi.com Mike@LegFi.com 859-309-3640

Samuel from Sigma Nu Fraternity

June 2015

I am quite happy with the product however I still think further tweaking is needed in the UI area.

Pros: The customer service is great. Very timely responses. Cons: There are great features that I still do not know how to use. I would recommend improving your tutorial session or making a formal tutorial video showing how to access all of the great features instead of having to email your company rep every time I want to learn how to use a new feature. Also, selecting members to apply specific charges to is very difficult. The UI seems quite outdated and limited. Additionally, adjusting charges and retracting charges seems unnecessarily difficult and there have been times that I have tried to credit people back and it will not let me take off charges since they have already paid off a specific charge. Overall, it is a big step up from where we were before using LegFi. I just think it can be made with more intuitive features and have a better UI.

Marco Polo from Delta Sigma Phi

November 2015

pretty good, would be nice to have a mobile app.

Great ease of use. it's easy to find everything. I do wish there was a mobile app to make it easier to use on the go. Also, if there was a way to cancel a payment that wasnt intended to go through or went to the wrong charge. Actually, it would be useful if "load" money onto our account and from there we can select which parts of our dues we would like to apply them too.

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied December 2015

Hey Marco Polo, Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. This really helps us improve the product and user experience. I wanted to point out that you can delete any payments that are recorded locally on the view all payments page, just not credit card or e-check payments. Also, when you make a payment, you can select which charges you want to pay by checking the selection box next to each charge. I hope that helps! Best, Mike Bollinger

Matt from Alpha Sigma Phi, Epsilon Chapter

Fine Tuning

The very basic point of legfi is dues collection, that works fine. Everything else you are adding onto the service needs improved. Pros: Assigning dues & fines, setting up payment plans, manual payment entry all works very well and easily. Cons: Budgets need to be able to be viewed by directors and this is not possible in legfi. I would also like to see this section add some expense reporting add-ons such as attaching a digital receipt (pdf). Your credit card/echeck charges are not competitive at all. We will not even be using them for events. Not allowing us to add the charge onto the purchaser in the basic account is reason enough to use another service. We previously used the event tickets, however there are just better options out there such as square. Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Lisa from Morningview Terrace Townhome Association

Morningview

Payment of dues seems to be an ease with this software

Pros

Easy of payment for all of the association

Cons

Issues with the savings account not fixed

Response from Pay HOA

Replied May 2019

Hi Lisa, Thank you for the review! I will circle back with our development team regarding the savings account link! Best, Mike

Ty from Sigma Nu Fraternity - Kappa Chapter

Fun to setip

I was responsible for setting up a payment program for our fraternity. After researching multiple platforms to choose from I went with The company that had the most to offer and would save us the most money and that was Legfi. They were very helpful in explaining to me what was available at what price and how much they were willing to help and make sure we were taken care of. This was before I decided to go with this company. Right then and there I knew I was going to be in safe hands. Some cons, which were not many, was it took a little while and a couple times to explain to the other brothers how to use it but after a few times it wasn't a problem at all and has made everything way easier.

Matt from Phi Gamma Delta - Mu Chapter

Content with it

As the fraternity treasurer, I am the admin on the account. A few things that I would like to see changed would be... Make editing charges easier and more straightforward. When I have to do this, I am never sure if I did it correctly. Also, when people pay charges online, it automatically pays the charge that has been on the longest, first, and then works its way down the list of charges. So if someone has two charges, one that was due on feb 25 for $30 and one that was due on march 4 for $500 and they only submit a payment of $500 to pay for the second charge, it comes up that they have paid for the first charge and still owe $30 for the charge due march 4.

Andrew from Alpha Sigma Phi

Solid and Reliable, Difficult to Navigate

LegFi excels at record keeping/account management. Members can easily pay online, and administrators can easily keep track and update profiles accordingly. There is, however, a bit of learning curve when first operating the site. Some functions are complex and a challenge to process at first; for example, creating events and recording payments for those who pay in person is confusing. Also, removing incorrect charges or payments is difficult and usually fixed by adding additional payments to simply balance out a user error. This may result in discrepancies between LegFi online records and actual records.

Jordan from Sigma Phi Epsilon Missouri Theta

June 2015

LegFi: a necessity for any aspiring fraternity or sorority

LegFi is a great system to both organize and accrue income or any organization. The whole program operates very clean and with its new updates is very easy to operate. While LegFi is a great product and operates well its one con is the "Collections" tab, the process of collections works well, however the account manager application needs work and it would be nice if the collections messages allowed more customization options. All in all LegFi is a wonderful tool for all organizations looking to operate clean and efficient, LegFi allows one to make charges, budget, improve collections and much more.

Shawn from Nu-Upsilon

Great Experience

Pros

I used this platform for about a year for our fraternity, specifically alumni relations. It was very easy to use and contact customer service for any type of help. Members can go in and make payments. It's involved without being that involved. Highly recommendable.

Matthew from Sigma Phi Epsilon Cal Betta Gamma

June 2015

My fraternity just recently implemented this software and so far it has been great.

The pros of having LegFi are that all of he financials are so much more organized and put together however one of the major cons is that it is hard to mass text or communicate with members. Before LegFi, my fraternity used ChapterSpot which had a number that allowed users could text to mass message the rest of the members and that was much easier than going on the internet to mass message. However the internet system for mass messaging also didn't seem to work for us at times so it would be ideal for LegFi to implement some sort of mass texting system somewhat similar to ChapterSpot's.

Daniel from Delta Tau Delta - Iota Mu

Great Experience

I've had a great experience using LegFi. The staff is very professional and make sure that everything runs smoothly and are there to answer any questions one may have. As the former treasurer of my fraternity I was made to feel like an important client who's time was valuable, which is something that you don't experience very often as a college student. The only thing I can really complain about is that I sometimes received too many emails from LegFi that were not very important. Otherwise, great experience, great company. Thanks!

Vincent from Alpha Sigma Phi: Gamma Zeta Chapter

Makes a Hard Job, Simple

LegFi has changed the way my fraternity works when it comes to payments. Not only does it make dues collections simple, but it also makes donations simple as well. Alumni don't always enjoy sending in cash, LegFi simplifies that; by having a charge of $100 (for an alumni event), Legfi makes it easy for alumni to put in their contribution and know exactly where it is going (Straight into our fraternities bank account). In the eyes of my chapter, LegFi has made us feel more advanced, more secure, and more reliable than ever.

Joshua from Delta Sigma Phi Zeta Nu

November 2015

Great Customer Service. Not as intuitive.

Any time I've called, my issue has been resolved. But I had to call because I had issues and I couldn't figure out things on my own.

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied November 2015

Joshua, Thanks so much for the feedback. We definitely want to make the system as intuitive as possible. Is there any way you could provide more specific feedback regarding which features were difficult to understand. I really appreciate your time. Your feedback and suggestions help us to continue to improve the user experience on LegFi. Best, Mike Bollinger

Andrew from Sigma phi epsilon

June 2015

It has helped manage our chapter better than any other system. Makes my job way easier!

Pros: easy to use, quick, very well layer out, great customer services. Easy for members to pay and view balances. Cons: too adjust charges or fees you have to delete and re apply the charge. Wish you could just edit the charge or fee as is.

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied June 2015

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate the feedback! Just for future reference, you can edit charges from the "view all charges" page. Just select the charges you want to edit and click on "edit selected charges" at the top of the page. Best, Mike

Benjamin from Phi Gamma Delta Epsilon Omicron

June 2015

The software user interface does not allow for easy use.

I like all of the features offered within the product because it can be very useful if used to maximum capacity. However, the user interface does not allow for this to occur efficiently. Adding new members is very difficult. Grouping members into separate groups is slightly better. Charging members is difficult. Eliminating or changing charges is difficult. Many tasks require a reload of the page and the reload directs the user to a different page that they must navigate back to. This is very inefficient because you are required to complete tasks for embers over and over as opposed to all at once.

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied June 2015

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for the note -- I appreciate your honest feedback. We are working hard to update the interface to solve many of the issues you pointed out. We are launching the new site Aug 1st. Below is a link to a dummy account, feel free to take a look around. I'd love to hear any feedback you may have! http://keeleux.com/dev/legfi/application/dashboard.php Best, Mike

Steve from Lambda Chi Alpha - Iowa State University

June 2015

LegFi has really helped us improve our process of of billing and collecting member payments

LegFi has helped us add discipline to our process of assessing chapter dues and housebills. We have more immediate visibility to payments and ability to track who is later or has outstanding balances. I like the ability to easily add changes, especially late payment fees or interest. We have also engaged their collections services for assistance when we are not able to collect ourselves. We also use is for alumni contributions and have a link to their site embedded on our chapter website.

John from Sigma Phi Epsilon

June 2015

Not very user friendly, but very useful for collections.

The pros are the billing and collections ease. The cons with the software are all the added features, very hard to use and difficult to figure out. Also, I like the phone calls and emails for collection support. With the emails I wish there was one less strong than the first email to send out, almost like a reminder that they are past due ( a couple day ) or that I can send the week of due or day of due. Also, I wish there were more than just Admin setting and member. Something to include would be acess for other Vice Presidents to use the calendar or tickets or things like that, but not be able to access the charges pages and billings. Lastly, the budget builder is not user friendly. Very difficult to use to I prefer to not use it. I would like to take everything to LegFi but right now I just use excel for those. Maybe changing those and/or adding a projections of profit and expenses for the whole year or a semester by semester versus month by month would be great.

June 2015

Austin from Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji)

June 2015

It is an excellent program

Would it be possible to be able to individually charge members? If I have to fine someone, I have to delete EVERY name to create the charge. You have individual payments, why not have individual charges?

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied June 2015

Hi Austin, Thanks for the comment. You can bill an individual member by inputting the amount next to that member's name. You don't need to remove everyone else. We are releasing a new version of the software on August 1 that will hopefully make creating charges more clear. Best, Mike

Remington from Sigma Phi Epsilon - Cal Delta Chapter

Pretty good experience overall

Pros: Efficient to bill and collect money Cons: Charges get sent out to people that have paid and have had records logged all the time. Charge descriptions are also not always sent out by account manager to distinguish which payments are for what (rent vs dues for example) Happy with the service overall but logisitcs could be cleaned up so that people are not charged when they have already paid. I love how my account manager responds timely though. She (Molly) does a great job.

Collin from Sigma Phi Epsilon - NC Kappa

June 2015

Great having a system where you can organize every financial aspect of a fraternity

The ease of use paired with the excellent services provided by the representatives has made my experience with LegFi wishing my fraternity had used it earlier. I also didn't have to worry about the original set up as LegFi did it all for me, leaving me to only notifying the parents/brothers of the convenience in the billing/payment system from in-person to online. It is also very easy for the external users (parents/brothers) to use as well.

September 2015

garnett from Beta Kappa House Corporation

September 2015

Right Product, Right Price, Right Time

The team at Legacy Financial spent more than the required time to answer all of our questions, went out of their way to set the system up per our requirements as well as provided more patience as should have been required. Although we are brand new to the system this fall we are convinced they will save us time, effort as well as make the bottom line more profitable thereby allow us to provide more to/for the active chapter.

Steve from Sigma Phi Epsilon

Legfi simplifies everything.

Legfi.com totally revamped how my fraternity collects funds. Their easy to use website allows for budget building and their low cost approach made it easy for my small chapter to get on board. We utilized their collections service and has produced amazing results. I couldn't be happier with legfi, I am very glad we switched from omegafi. Legfi was way more affordable for our small chapter.

Les from Sigma Phi Epsilon - Missouri Lambda

A Definite Improvement

We've been happy with the move to the LegFi system. It provides us with better controls over cash collections; provides the Alumni Volunteer Corp with better visibility into the status of collections within the Chapter and with better internal controls. The only negatives I would have relate to reporting. The standard menu driven reports could be improved; by consulting with an accountant.

Monica from Alpha Kappa Psi

June 2015

It's great for treasurer position, and to get onto members about paying their fees.

Pros: Everything is online. Every member knows what their charge is for and for how much. Constant reminder to let you know you still have a balance. You can pay with a credit card. Cons: Credit fee falls on us instead of the credit card user and we don't have a whole lot of people who take advantage of it. Overall experience has been really good.

Alex from Sigma Phi Epsilon WI Beta

June 2015

Great experience overall. Customer service is fantastic along with the ease of use and the options

Website is very easy to use in the first place which makes it easy on both sides. Only con comes from some of the display for late fee, as it is sometimes confusing, and for the deadlines as people struggle to remember if the deadline is at midnight that day or 11:59 pm. Customer service is great which really adds and helps to the use of the website

Alec from Sigma Phi Epsilon Ohio Iota

June 2015

It has been very easy to deal with the website.

I have experienced amazing customer that has never been matched and the website is easy to work with. I have seen the new website and it looks like it'll be more efficient and easy to use. My biggest issue with the website is when I edit charges the system is hard to accurately change to the new total and it messes up that persons account.

Alex from Alpha Sigma Phi

June 2015

Can be buggy, features incomplete

I frequently find bugs that set someone's payments to a different balance than actually paid after they have already made payments. Then I have to adjust the charge to reflect the amount they actually have left outstanding. Additionally, the payment plan function doesn't seem to even work and even if it does and I just don't know how to use it you cannot do custom payment plans. Not everyone can always make the same payment monthly, sometimes I need to have a certain amount one month and another a different month. So I have to keep track of that myself. Also, 3.5% is a bit much for the service that we still pay a yearly fee for. This will drive users to divert funds from legfi to cheaper services that exist like Square.

Omar from Sigma Phi Epsilon California Beta Gamma

June 2015

We switched to this software instead of chapterspot. It was a successful decision all around.

The software is very professional and useful from the financial side. It's easy to use and greatly meets all the organization's financial needs. However, an improvement could be made by having a mobile app as it would make mass communications through texts a lot easier than having to go to the website to do so.

Matt from Phi Gamma Delta- Alpha Deuteron

Chapter Treasurer

The software is very easy to navigate and manage. Makes contacting members/alumni as simple as clicking a button. I am new to the administrative side of LegFi, and have been able to quickly learn the program and how I can use it to help me and my members. The site is well organize and very easy to use.

Gareth from Zeta Delta Alpha Sigma Phi

June 2015

It has made keeping everything organized more easier for our chapter as well as monitoring payments

Legfi has given our chapter a great organizational tool as we can keep track of all payments and debts in one convenient location. The only con I have is the fee associated with processing credit card payments through Legfi. This is simply a must have for any organization and I highly recommend it.

Tyler from Sigma Phi Epsilon

Very effective

Using LegFi has been very easy and reliable. The collection rate is also very high and has improved our chapters collection rate dramatically. It would be convenient to be able to change the status of multiple members at the same time instead of changing each member status individually.

Henry from Delta Tau Delta

Some design flaws

the budgeting application is unfortunate. I wish you could delete the subcategories to make the reports better looking. Also have the ability to charge under different categories so that if you were to view one it would only have dues charges and another would only have t-shirt charges.

Hugh from Lambda Chi Alpha

June 2015

Legfi has been great for my chapter

I really enjoy the ease with which I can view and create charges. It has helped keep everything organized. At times the servers can be a little slow, but usually it's not a problem. My organization has really benefitted from using Legfi over the past few years.

Eun Seok from Phi Gamma Delta

June 2015

Was easy to manage despite already having previous records in the account, which was passed to me.

What would help especially with the account passing over to the next treasurer, would be to have different years listed, so as to be able to not only keep track of individual years, but also to make things easier when the treasurer passes on the admin title.

Chad from Lambda Chi Alpha - Pittsburg State University

June 2015

The soft ware is very easy to work with. Videos are there for instruction.

Pros: easy to work with. Easy to set up payments. Let's alumni donate to your organization. Cons: Once a member is deleted from your roster it is hard to add them back. It does not keep track of which officer does adding or deleting transactions.

Nathan from Pi Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi

June 2015

Useful, needs to be more streamlined and organized for easier use

some weird ways to find things. You guys really need to make assigning charges to event tickets easier, it can be a real tricky headache. Just make it more obvious and better organized and it'll be better.

Response from Legacy Financial

Replied June 2015

Hi Nathan, Thanks for the very helpful feedback. We are working hard to improve the interface to make it easier to navigate. We will be launching a new system on Aug 1st that will hopefully address the issues you pointed out. Feel free to look around using the link to a fake test account below. Any feedback on the new site would be much appreciated. http://keeleux.com/dev/legfi/application/dashboard.php Best, Mike

Nathan from Alpha Sigma Phi Beta Mu

Overall good experience.

Pros: easy to use, sends emails to remind people, helps in getting payments from people, Cons: does not send me emails to remind me when people should be paying (i.e. payment plan dates), charges for credit cards, no American express