• Pros

• "Quick; easy in and out of the software. It is very intuitive and the placement of the inputs is good. I really like it. "

• "I think it is very intuitive to use. This has been a perfect tool for agency leasing, and our team has enjoyed adopting it."

• "This product is very helpful is staying organized and keeping track of what you and your teammates are doing. "

• Cons

• "The only negative is you can't modify much, but the software is simple to use and we have quickly adapted."

• "It was a bit counter-intuitive to add a new property but then it became easier. "

• "The actual excel product can be difficult to edit to a presentable material. "

Browse VTS Reviews

Andrew from Newmark Knight Frank

Great Asset Management & Leasing Tool

Pros

VTS is a great Asset Management and Leasing Tool. It allows an asset manager to physically see the real-time leasing activity, stacking plans, lease roll, and more. VTS neatly organizes all the leasing activity in one location, allowing me as a leasing broker to visually see the deals I am working on and continue to move the ball forward with each one. Tying it into the landlord's lease administration software allows me to look up lease expirations, stacking plans, and encumbrances for quicker and more educated response times. This has been the most helpful piece of new technology for office landlords and leasing agents in the last decade.

Cons

I am having a hard time finding something I like least about VTS, as it is a great tool that all listing brokers and landlords should be using.

jay from jll

great product - still transforming

The main business function I am filling is tracking my tenant leads. I have yet to figure out and use the reminder functions . .i.e. that when a lease is coming up I get a notice to call. I am sure its easy to do, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Pros

I like the ease of use of tracking our tenant leads, in conjunction with the app, I use it every day in my brokerage business.

Cons

There are issues with "who controls the data"; with our clients who use the program, we can' t make a lot of changes to the other pieces of info (stacking plans, lease expirations, etc.) and so often that info will become incorrect. I don't use a lot of those functions as it seems cumbersome to keep it all up for the limited amount of benefit I get out of it. Also, another issue is that when we move a tenant to "dead", there is no way I know of to go back and do a forensic analysis report showing which ones toured, made offers or which ones didn't. This is important when we are trying to show clients how many tours etc. we had. But, again, maybe there is a way to do this I can't figure out.

Christy from Cushman & Wakefield

Broker friendly features needed

VTS is almost there. Our clients love it in order to keep all of their portfolios in queue, but for brokers it can be cumbersome to keep accurate information at the forefront.

Pros

With properties we do have on the software, it becomes very easy to track multiple deals at once and stay on top of current prospects.

Cons

The interface is not broker friendly. When inputting terms for a deal including several different term options, it does not create a way to track different terms separate. Also, the commencement dates and RSF do not track over from the original form to the proposal form. Oftentimes when inputting the free rent VTS forces you to input it twice instead of once. If you could automatically put commissions in for all deals to auto-populate that would save a considerable amount of time.

Michael from JLL

VTS Review

VTS has solved one of the biggest problems in commercial real estate; keeping track of activity and the different stages each prospective tenant is "in". We have eliminated multiple spreadsheets, word docs and other forms of tenant tracking by using VTS. At any time, we as brokers, or our Landlord clients can see where we are at with any tenant in real time. It's a very valuable tool for us as users and for clients (potentially as users) to stay on top of everything at every project in a fairly simple manner.

Pros

This software is by far the easiest to use and most complete way to track listing activity (prospects, tours, proposals, etc.). VTS offers many fields to input information to in a way that our Landlord clients appreciate. Overall, VTS is a simple to use platform.

Cons

Some of the features are cumbersome, especially when adding to, or updating spaces available for lease. It seems that the user must go through several steps to get to the end result (i.e. - adding a space under a property listing; you have to click and go through a couple screens to successfully add a property).

Dan from Regency Properties

A Key to our Leasing Success

VTS has been a great partner to work with. They are open to, and encourage, our input. The constant drive to improve and to be on the cutting edge of CRE technology is an important feature for us, and separates VTS from the pack.

Pros

This package is focused on commercial real estate; others we considered were CRM or accounting programs that had a component of CRE. VTS helps my team with communication and productivity, and keeps everyone up to date with the latest status on deals in progress, prospecting, and overall results.

Cons

VTS is constantly improving and addressing areas that need additional development. Some of the areas that were not strengths have had enhancements and improvements, so areas that we didn't like as strongly have been or are being addressed.

Chase from Cushman & Wakefield

Happy with use but wish we could modify a few things

Overall it is a very useful/ efficient platform for our leasing portfolio and keep us all on same page with our clients in real time.

Pros

Integrates all leasing reporting for our clients and has additional features that are helpful from time to time. Mostly we use it to track all of the TIM's (Tenants in Market) we track on a daily basis.

Cons

There are several small changes I think would make a big difference in day to day use, at least for our team specifically. This highlights one of the larger things I think the software lacks. Ability to modify/ incorporate items that a specific user wants/ needs (similar to Salesforce)

Allie from Cushman & Wakefield

VTS Update

Pros

I am on a team that does agency office leasing. VTS makes its easy for us to track all the deals that are going on at each building. One thing that I really like about using VTS is how easy the support line is. We recently did an audit on the stacking plans in VTS and realized they were not accurate. Your support team made it easy for us to update them all. I sent the stacking plans over to the support group and they uploaded them for us.

Cons

When I put in a new deal it does not populate at the top of the list so I am usually have to go through the list of deals to find the most recent one added.

Erin from Avison Young

VTS Makes Leasing Easier

Pros

VTS is so easy to use! It makes keeping track of our listings and deals a breeze. My favorite thing is the stacking charts for each building. It is a great and easy way to visualize what spaces are available or coming up for renewal.

Cons

Occasionally, there will be a bug or a glitch. I wish it was easier to input new listing data. For example, if you have a building with a lot of tenants, you have to create the space first, then add the tenant's information. It's not bad if you have 12 tenants but if you have a larger building with 30+ tenants, you'll be working on inputing the information for quite awhile.

Barry from JLL

VTS

VTS allows me to update my clients and report to them much more efficiently, especially with multiple team members.

Pros

VTS is a great tool to update prospective activity at a particular office building. It provides live updates across the user platform and is fairly easy to use. It could incorporate other functions, but it is very good at what it does.

Cons

Does not track marketing activity. It is not easy to enter a deal into and comps are not really useful.

Reasons for Choosing VTS

IT was close between VTS and its competitor, but then they merged, so there was no decision to be made.

Chris from HighBrook Investors

Great overall, unreliable in specific cases

Great for keeping up with / tracking lease progress and overall leasing activity.

Pros

Visually, quick reference deal activity.

Cons

Often inconsistencies (suite #, SF, etc) when a lease is executed in the deal tracking section, as compared to the spaces and stacking plan section. For instance, I often catch spaces continuing to be shown as vacant even though the deal for that space has been executed. There needs to be a reconciliation step in the deal execution workflow. This makes us often question whether the Occ / Vac calc and stacking plan are current. For reports, would be helpful for user to have more control over content included in export.

Ronald from Nova Capital Partners, LLC

Great Program fro Commercial Real Estate

My over all experience with VTS has been great and this product really helped us make the right deals to not only increase or occupancy percentage but make the right financial deal that help make our park more profitable.

Pros

The over all ease of using this software is probably the biggest Pro. I also liked many of the feature like the daily email update, how it would show you if your proposal was less or more profitable, and how easy it was to add and delete spaces.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons, not really a con but more a recommendation that it would be great to see some market research. For example if I could see other leases around my area that would be coming up in the next 6 months or so. That would help me target new tenants with my marketing efforts.

Amie from Colliers international

VTS Review

For our purposes in Property Management and Leasing, VTS is an invaluable tool.

Pros

One stop shop where all involved can transparently see every step of the process.

Cons

The fact that any user can delete any other user comment is a bit scary; deletion of comments should be limited to only the user who posted. Also, the ability to change the date of a comment should not be allowed as it can confuse the timeline of the deal and required response. Another point, when making any edit to a comment you have made, VTS should not re-email recipients unless specifically prompted; usually just spelling error corrections. (VTS should have spell check). When deleting a document, it should also remove the footprint; as it is now, it will still show a blank post unless you delete that as well. When setting a future reminder, VTS should not email the fact that a reminder has been created, this is not necessary and superfluous.

VTS User Friendliness

I am a real estate broker and have used VTS for three years now on all of my listings for sale and for lease. It is a very powerful platform that allows me to track users and continue to follow up with inquiries. I recommend using the platform as much as I can to colleagues.

Pros

Automatic tour notifications when near a building, follow up task updates, email overviews with the recent updates.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of features that are not clear as how to use them. Maybe tutorials would help users better understand unique tools that are accessible on the software.

Hastings from CBRE | Raleigh

Great

Having the ability to provide my clients with real-time updates is invaluable. It has built trust and opened more lines of communication with my team and our clients. It's efficient and cuts back time on update calls and emails that I'd usually spend 30 minutes to an hour doing.

Pros

Accessibility and ability to use on the go. It's straight forward and user friendly.

Cons

It doesn't update information I input sometimes, and the stacking plans and spaces available / not available aren't accurate even if I send our stacking plans and updates to support.

Kevin from Resource Commercial Real Estate

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Changed the way I do business

Pros

Cons

They have made some changes over the past 6 months that I like less than the original interface. There were some pipeline graphs I loved. Also, the continual gripe is that VTS is only a solution for one part of the CRE business, it would be great to have a one-stop-shop regarding software for CRE (CRM, tenant-rep, agency leasing, sale DD, mapping...etc.).

Kevin from Resource Commercial Real Estate

Couldn't do my work without it

This tool is essential to our agency leasing team. While there are some specific peripheral features I wish it had, by and large this is the "brains" of our operation to stay on top of all our properties and vacancies. After reviewing lots of different solutions, this was the best option for our team.

Pros

Intuitive interface. Web-based. Great app for iPhone.

Cons

Would like an archive function for archived properties. Would like a pipeline graph to show at what stage prospects go to "dead."

Hugo from The Ardent Companies

VTS - All leasing information in one place

We could not be happier. Timing of reports and having up-to-date information about leasing. Time kills deals and VTS has allowed us to reduce this risk.

Pros

VTS has become a very valuable tool within our commercial division. It allows us to have up to date information across our whole portfolio 24 hrs a day. Instead of requesting an update from our broker, i can sign in and get it there and then. A massive time saver.

Cons

The main issue that I have with VTS is the fact that reports are not fully customization. The reports need to become easier to tailor to make them even more fit for purpose

Stellar product

VTS is a fantastic software that has helped me and my colleagues efficiently keep track of all relevant leasing information including prospects, active deals, tenants in the market and other potential leads. It also allows me to quickly export information and distribute to stakeholders via simple, customized reports. Overall, VTS is a gamechanger and has completely altered how I conduct my business.

Pros

VTS makes it simple to keep all my information on active deals, tenants in the market, and prospects organized in one place. I can also sync it up with my phone (and those of my teammates) to get notifications and updates in real time.

Cons

The NER calculator is average at best. Given how complicated deals are getting now, it is difficult to be able to enter all necessary deal components quickly and easily.

Jonathan from Avison Young

VTS Review

It has been an absolute lifeline in terms of tracking all of our activity and preparing reports to our clients.

Pros

The ease of use and a very straightforward interface. Allows me to easily utilize the program for exactly what I need on a day-to-day basis.

Cons

I am not well educated or familiar with additional functions/capabilities within the program. I almost strictly use the program for tracking and have not been exposed to other capabilities. I also hate how if you upload a contact info as a 'contact' as opposed to a 'broker', I can't pull this information up on the mobile app.

Roderick from Knight Frank

VTS Satisfaction

Generally very good but i don’t we’re scratching the surface of the softwares capability.

Pros

Electronic monitor of enquiries avoiding the use of clumsy word/excel schedules. Easy of monitor and update between joint agents and clients.

Cons

Complications of administration to update property records. I don’t feel we are using many of the key features of the software to analyse the data to present to our clients.

Trevor from Peloton

Great for keeping up with Prospects

We have been pleased with the VTS product and it serves our needs well.

Pros

Easy to enter and update prospects. My team can keep all of our leasing reports up to date with minimal effort. Saves time in preparing for leasing meetings. Because it is easy to enter prospects we enter all inquiries and do not lose any potential tenants.

Cons

Our clients are telling me that it is getting expensive.

Meade from CBRE

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

VTS, wonderful software for owners

Great program. I got back to the Beta days and love it.

Pros

This really has help consolidate our reporting and communications. Everyone knows what is happening and what the status of each deal is.

Cons

They need to allow hyperlinks in the "spaces" section. New vendors are coming out with great products that will only allow us to hyperlink. e.g. Matterport.

Yvonne from Franklin Street

VTS Review

Eliminated hours of reporting and looking backwards. Provided hours back to production and management.

Pros

Cons

I am fortunate in that my real estate owner pays for my access - I've heard that other independent agents feel it is too expensive.

Kennedy from Chestnut Funds

VTS Review

Pros

What I like most about VTS is that it is a central database for all of our leasing information across all of our funds. Having a central location where I can go to find any information I need on any given asset helps me work much more efficiently.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software has nothing to do with the software itself. I wish I could get some of our partners and leasing agents to keep the software more up to date and make it more of a priority of theirs.

Bridgette from Colliers International

VTS (Agency)

Pros

- Zero training time - Automated transaction reporting to ownership - Ease of setting up assets - Ease of adding spaces - Deal comments / changing deal stages - Easy reporting - pulling activity reports

Cons

The technical service has declined significantly, in terms of responsiveness and transparency.

Brandon from Caddis Partners, LLC

VTS Review 7.1.19

Easy to access customer support. Clean looking interface with no problems.

Pros

It is a perfect way for my property managers and leasing team to work collaboratively on deals. There is also an easy to use app for access to the portfolio on the go.

Cons

Not great use as a CRM. We wanted the ability to be able to record calls/emails and schedule follow ups with notification reminders. Maybe thats not the intended use but having that would give us a one stop shop for the deal process.

Jullieanne from Commercial Real Estate

VTS makes deal tracking easier

Pros

The ease of inputting and updating deals. When I give Landlords permission to view active deals, it's easy for us to communicate through the platform on where they stand and what needs to be done to move deals forward.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate. It could be my desktop but the formatting gets jumbled at times.

Jon from Starwood Capital Group

VTS Review

Overall good. We have been able to aggregate data to a central location and glean insights into the portfolio as a whole.

Pros

I like how it is a central location for information across my portfolio.

Cons

It doesn't seem like the support team has a ton of insight into where the data is coming from, or how to resolve issues. There have been a few issues outstanding that the VTS team says the property management team needs to adjust, but the PM team isn't sure how. Would be great if the VTS team had more control or could provide better insight into adjusting information (e.g. stacking plans)

Reasons for Choosing VTS

N/A, wasn't involved.

Mary from Lincoln Property Company

VTS Review

It is a great Asset management tool for our clients and a good way to communicate on specifics of a deal.

Pros

Cons

I wish the reports had more flexibility.

JLL Success

On line tracking of deals is great for landlords. The lease analysis tool is beneficial as well

Pros

I like the mobile app and the ease with which I can send out Landlord updates

Cons

I would like to see more detail on the mobile app when entering in a new deal

Chris from TerraCap Management

CRE Landlord Review

We are keeping others in our group more in the loop on deals that they would not necessarily pay attention to. This allows more people to offer their opinions and expertise.

Pros

People can update on their own time and everyone can see those updates once they are completed. Stacking plans are also very helpful when walking buildings (through the App).

Cons

When my leasing brokers do not make updates, but that is on them.

Lauren from Cushman & Wakefield

Helpful Software

The quickness and ease we can pull reports and input information.

Pros

I like that it helps us keep track of our Listings and Tenants so that it is really easy to pull reports for our clients. I have been working in the industry for 5 years and this software is the easiest in my opinion to create reports quickly for clients.

Cons

Sometimes navigating through to modify can be challenging.

VTS- Asset Management Perspectives

Pros

Revolutionized the way in which i do business. Freed my time up to be away from the excel spreadsheets and work more from mobile.

Cons

at times there is variability in what i can see/edit from mobile vs desktop. I would prefer a fully functional mobile experience. Within the @mention tool i wish there was a way to "reply all" to all previous participants vs re-mentioning them.

Jami from JLL

Great product

Pros

I like the deal flow and overall functionality. The exported reports look awesome.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but a suggestion. I wish you could input a deal for multiple buildings and modify the deal status differently for each individual building. ie - tenant inquires about multiple properties, but then is marked dead for one building and marked touring on another building.

Leasing Info All In One Place

It has created efficiencies in reporting. Leasing agents do not need to compose outside reports in Word or Excel for management.

Pros

The ability to track deals by stages is very helpful.

Cons

I wish we could customize our views or add custom fields.

Joey from CBRE

VTS review

I love the fact that it's mobile and can update it anywhere, which clients appreciate.

Pros

it is easy to use and for clients to understand, it's intuitive.

Cons

that you have to refresh it so much in order for the updates to show up

Rebecca from CAPSTAR

Great functional and versatile software

We use this software to keep up to current time on our properties. We use 3rd party leasing so we don't interact with them on a daily basis so this keeps us current in real time.

Pros

It was easy to figure out the first time I used it. It also lets you print reports different ways depending on what you need at the moment.

Cons

Nothing I thing the software is great and very user friendly

Casey from Commercial Advisors

Simple. Easy. And Organized

Tracking deals is easier, we can export clean versions for clients.

Pros

Easy to keep track of deals. Exports nicely for reports

Cons

Sometimes its not clear different ways to get to the same place.

VTS Review

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows for me to quick create reports for my listings.

Cons

The actual excel product can be difficult to edit to a presentable material.

Cory from Dornin Investment Group

More reporting flexibility

All and all VTS is a great web based program that can be accessed on the go. It is a great source for up-to-date information on the tenancy. Would like to see more reporting flexibility and be able to filter out information that is less important to our partners.

Pros

Great source for all property information all in 1 place.

Cons

Some reports do not take into account all the filters.

Tom from Cushman & Wakefield

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

VTS is a solid tool for CRE

Pros

I like being able to enter deal terms and track leases.

Cons

There are many fields and wish there was a little more customization with terms popular in Minnesota.

Nicholas from Berkeley Partners

Berkeley Partners VTS Review

Quickly understanding the leasing at our properties. Once we get our budgets fixed (working with our VTS team on this) measuring our NER/NPV of budget to actual will be critical in seeing how our properties are performing.

Pros

The transparency it gives into the leasing process. We use VTS for our monthly property update video conference calls with our leasing brokers/property managers. It is much better than our previous lease report out of Yardi.

Cons

The process of loading budgets is a manual process. This has a great opportunity for improvement.

Kevin from CBRE

VTS

Pros

Good communication between brokers and landlords. Easy for owners to get real time updates.

Cons

Functionality is not seamless. Needs to be more intuitive.

‘Support to Grab opportunities’

It is an effective and efficient system suitable for all concerned.

Pros

At last, we have a means of managing and generating higher profit margins in this real estate trade after implementing VTS. The features such as BI (Business Intelligence), Inventory Management, Tenant management, Deal management & Deal approval; help gain market insights, compare performance against real-time benchmarking and market analytics. All this plus Analytics & Reporting helps in understanding the market, execute timely action, finalize sales decisions and achieve corporate objectives exceeding budgeted targets. Additionally VTS helps release all parties of petty chores and avail invaluable time and energy for productive roles and keep all parties happy with work flows and achievements.

Cons

Haven’t come across any adverse sides in my situation.

Luke from CBRE

VTS Comments

Very solid program and I use with all Landlords.

Pros

Can do from any device. Using iphone or ipad.

Cons

The NER calcs don't seem to ever match up with accuracy.

Mark from Cushman & Wakefield

VTS

Pros

The best leasing workflow process management software out there.

Cons

Not customizable enough. Need to be able to set up the dashboard better.

Janelle from United Properties

Janelle MacLean's review

VTS is a great product that helps me in what I do every day.

Pros

VTS is very user friendly. I appreciate all the options and reporting capabilities. I also love the mobile app and the ability to calculate deals in the field.

Cons

Inability to lock certain fields, would like more custom reporting options.

Rick C. from JLL

Excellent Platform to keep organized

Pros

The ability to organize listings with multiple teams.

Cons

The dashboard in this current version is not as simple and easy as previous.

Michael from Cushman & Wakefield

VTS Review

Pros

The ease of use and the generation of reports.

Cons

It was a bit counter-intuitive to add a new property but then it became easier.

VTS

Tracking our leasing activity and review deals across multiple properties is much easier with VTS. It provides great insight to our leasing activity.

Pros

Easy to use and great way to track leasing progress across multiple assets. Streamlines our leasing process and has made the process from touring to executed lease faster and easier to manage.