All AnyDesk Reviews

Monique

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

A great free option for remote control

Luis Daniel

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great Free Alternative to Teamviewer

Really pleasant and a great alternative whenever the Teamviewer License we use at work is under use and we've been considering and slowly moving our clients to AnyDesk because paying Teamviewer is now an expensive subscrption when there's so much good alternatives.

PROS

It works exactly how'd you expect if you come from using Teamviewer or other remote desktop access applications. You can transfer files, keep bookmarks of your most accessed computers or just organize them. Anydesk has also improved with time, which now I find no use to keep paying for Teamviewer which has become really expensive as of late. Anydesk has a lot of the options you would need from Teamviewer and does them right and secure. Even better when the price is FREE.

CONS

It can be a little bit heavy on the CPU side when using it on older hardware. Keep that in mind. If the connection is really slow, it can lag a bit, but you can optimize the image to be quick and disable the sound, whereas in Teamviewer, the image will just freeze and you have to quit Teamviewer, the only issue with AnyDesk is just the CPU Usage. Also the Mac Version used to be buggy, haven't used it in a while, but Buggy as in all the text was white (not sure if it's on the latest OS X, have not used it in a while, been on Windows).

Reason for choosing AnyDesk

The pricing and comparing the features I needed, Anydesk covered them all.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Pricing, it's becoming extremely expense.

Nanda

Fishery, 51-200 employees

Anydesk is the Most Affordable Remote Desktop App for Small Teams

Anydesk is the most affordable, yet clean and easy to use. I cannot describe how I like it by all its features.

PROS

Great feature is file sharing and request for elevation access.

CONS

Nope, overall I like all the features. All have their own important role.

The price

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Teamviewer has a plenty of limitations. the UI and UX now are not user friendly. One thing is it is pricey for a newly started company.

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Good Software, Horrific Customer Support, Greedy Cancellation Policy!!!!!!

Since they do not have a direct line to their billing department, I called their sales department and was told to make a ticket. Eventually (now months after my initial email) I got a response telling me that because I didn't let them know 3 MONTHS prior to the renewal date that I wanted to cancel that I had to pay the bill and couldn't cancel until the following year! I asked them to be flexible since I had waited forever for them to actually respond to me (never were my billing@anydesk.com emails ever directly responded to). A week or two later I would get a response back basically saying nope - I owe them money. They new I wasn't using the software for the months of trying to get them to answer and clarification. Instead of showing some sense of flexibility with their lack of response (which if I heard back from them in time would have given me time to cancel my other software and pay them and use their software). As a customer, they want me to be fine with them taking an unreasonably long time to respond to billing questions, yet as a company they are incredibly rigid and not willing to show any flexibility with customers - especially as we try and come out of a pandemic! While it is in their terms and conditions, requiring 3 months notice to cancel a renewal prior to the renewal date to me is incredibly unreasonable. Who is thinking 3 months before you have a renewal if you will renew or not? To me this is a policy to purposefully trap customers.

PROS

The software, for the most part works well and was easy for clients to be able to use. The branding was a nice feature.

CONS

Once in awhile certain functions like copy and paste wouldn't work - this was more of a rare occurrence though. Biggest "con" has been in dealing with the company. I used a paid version of the software for a year. I enjoyed it, but when it came time for my renewal I figured I would see what else was out there - always with the plan to come back to AnyDesk if I didn't like alternatives. That is where AnyDesk's true colors came out. First, there is no autopay (or at least none that was set up). So when they sent me an invoice at renewal time I had figured, my account would auto cancel if I didn't pay for it (this was my misunderstanding and I own up to that part). I stopped using the software as I started using another and had a 40 Day window that I could get a refund on that. I then received a billing email from AnyDesk with the line to contact their billing department at billing@anydesk.com if I had any questions. I sent them an email explaining that I was trying a different software and to please cancel my account. I heard nothing back. a few weeks go by and I get another billing email, so I sent them another message. Nothing. Another email comes, so at this point I am a little ticked, so I send another message stating I have asked them twice to cancel my account and to please stop harassing me. Then I get a letter in the mail saying they were going to put me into collections if I didn't pay. (continued below)

Ivy

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

A good alternative for remote access and support

Overall I'm happy with Anydesk. It's fairly priced, and easy enough to use.

PROS

Anydesk is easy to say and tell people how to get, and seems solidly built. It updates much more regularly than it used to. I feel like Anydesk 5 was out forever and now they're on 7 only a year or two later.

CONS

Setup is non-traditional for permanent installation. It isn't clear to normal users how it works right off the bat to secure a system with a password.

Reason for choosing AnyDesk

Reliability and price for usage size was the key factor in choosing Anydesk over SC or RPC.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Pricing and ease of use combined with security functionality brought me to AnyDesk.

Abdul

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

AnyDesk saved my grades by the Bell!

I am overall satisfied with AnyDesk. Although there are many areas of improvement, it meets my current IT demands and makes me feel relaxed in high-pressure situations.

PROS

I came home with my new Laptop and a pen drive filled with SolidWorks3D installation files, adamant to install and complete a project overnight - which will ensure my passing grade in my Master thesis. But Alas! The crack files got corrupted due to safety reasons and I got panicked. My intentions were to follow youtube tutorials and complete the whole installation process as per instruction. However, I called my remote friend and flagged him my distress signal. He laughed and asked me to install AnyDesk, on which I had no idea before. He not only instantly transferred his crack file to me without any interruption, but also installed the whole software like it was nothing. I was spellbound about the AnyDesk features - its swiftness, user-friendliness, transferability, and above all its ease to control. I have used other remote softwares before, but none of them is comparable to AnyDesk. It is pure love.

CONS

I feel like there should be some control where the user can select multiple folders of files that would be invisible to the other end-user. Also, audio features could be added to ease the communication. There are also some safety risks such as remote file transfer capability - I think every time the user enters into a folder or transfers files, remote authorization should be provided from another end.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Why not move from TeamViewer to AnyDesk? It's free, easy to use, and install (there is version-wise bullshit like TeamViewer), low-speed internet operability, smaller file size, better control, improved and pleasing visual etcetera.

Divaldo

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Good remote support software

In short, it's an excellent tool, the free version is excellent, but the paid version is much better. Apart from the limitations I had at the level of access on some machines, I recommend using it.

PROS

When I started using it, what I liked the most was the simplicity of the software, very intuitive. Very practical in terms of not having to install to support. However, the paid version makes the software even more powerful with the ability to control multiple sessions at the same time in a simple way.

CONS

I noticed a failure in remote access on Mac devices, I couldn't get control over the machine. I also had a problem with one of the machines that I couldn't access.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

At the time I changed because anydesk was one of the simplest and most powerful remote access software after researching several tools. For those who are starting and don't want to spend a lot on remote access software, I recommend giving it a change and testing it.

AnyDesk Highly Recommended

Easy to use, Speed fast, Secure, Wide range of devicescompatibility.

PROS

Easy to use, not impact on Workstation or Laptop performance.

CONS

No problem, on the contrary Anydesk have feature not found in his competitors.

Reason for choosing AnyDesk

Also easy to use, easy to implement, support wide range of OS.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Because Parallels support Mac only but Anydesk has Wide range of OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome OS.

Rohan

Retail, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

IT Support number 1 tool

Easy to use, understand. Provides all features needed for IT support role.

PROS

I like that the user just needs to have internet access to easily remote and provide support for users, especially if they are having network issues.

CONS

I cannot think if any improvements that can be made at the moment.

Reason for choosing AnyDesk

Pricing and easier to use.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Better price, more functionality and easier to use.

Fabrício

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2023

Anydesk is easy and fast

For remote access, this tool was very useful. And the download and installation is quick and easy.

PROS

it works perfectly with low connection speed compared to other software.

CONS

File sharing can be a bit insecure. It does not notify when a person is downloading a file on my machine

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

The other software has more crashes at low connection speed

Catalin

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Usefull app with a sufficient features

Good interface, not perfect but functional. Nice file transfer, some improvements needed in the area of image sharing.

PROS

File transfer is fast and reliable. The possibility to define and validate some direct connections.

CONS

Screen sharing image quality. I know directly one case where this app was a backdoor for hackers. It did not happend to me, but my wife had a big problem using this app and being hacked through it.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2020

Anydesk review by Technical Support Agent

I love using AnyDesk, it works really good, it is fast, user friendly and reliable and I can always deliver super support to my customers with the use of this software.

PROS

I like this Software because it is free and easy to use, also a lot of times it came really handy because it was easy to explain Customers how to install it and setup remote access to their PC. It is really fast and is very nice to have, especially when PC checkup is required during the night, for which we can setup password protected access so we can connect without the help from the Customer and without interrupting them and their work.

CONS

Recording option sometimes creates videos which are of bad quality, even though internet connection was stable and ping was good. Also, in case of longer recordings, they tend to break at some point, take a lot of hdd space and I am unable to scroll it. Finally, it would be nice to have option to save to some desired format too.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

TeamViewer gives error back when there is a version mismatch, for instance if I am using v14 and Customer is using v12, I am unable to connect to Customer's PC and check what is happening with it, until their internal IT comes and upgrades the version of TeamViewer first and in our job, time is of essence many times.

1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Looking for a new way of managing your TV Box?

Easy to set up, almost immediate to learn (although some advanced and useful functions, e.g. file transfer across machines, may take a while to be come familiar with), value-for-money (there are lots of free functions you can try before you invest on the premium version). Well-done!

PROS

AnyDesk is mostly used for remote user assistance and service ticket management. Still, I find it very effective with dealing with my Android TV box. Like most TV boxes, it has got no keyboard and navigating through menus may be cumbersome. By installing AnyDesk (which has a free, cross-platform version with lots of features) on both the TV box and my Windows 10 PC, I can use the latter (with its keyboard and touchpad) to install and customise apps on the former. If you use your TV box with complex media management pieces of software like Kodi or Plex, you know how much time and care they require to fully configure all functions and parameters. Bridging your PC to your TV box with AnyDesk really makes it a breeze. Once you have become familiar with AnyDesk, there are many more functions that you may enjoy. You can e.g. use it to provide assistance on someone else's PC without leaving home (something I found very valuable in times of lockdown) and even to record short sessions where you teach users how to solve frequent issues on their machines.

CONS

Emulating Android special keys on a PC keyboard may be complex and hard to remember. Installing on Android machines requires an additional component that is hardware-dependent: although this is pretty straight-away on most machine, it may prove complex on less wide-spread models. Finally, of course, some advanced functions are premium only, but this is only fair. Overall, I can't see any major flaws in AnyDesk, although I must say that I am not using it for professional use. If you plan to use it to manage a custom help centre with tens of supported users, you may want to check another review before you buy the premium version.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Easier to use, especially on some (mostly Samsung) Android machines where it may prove hard to get TeamViewer to work.

Reviewed November 2022

Reliable remote access solution

My team visiting sites with no Knowledge about product required configuration and it helps me a lot by simply instructing team to open software on device and simply provide id

PROS

Mobile device running smooth on android device, no password used to get remote access, easily connect with remote device even on slow speed

CONS

Some time it didn't respond only after rebooting device solves the problem sometime

Reason for choosing AnyDesk

Didn't work on slow speed and very slow performance makes me to switch to Anydesk

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

I wanted to work on low end devices to get remote access with slow Internet speed

valerio

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Mac and Windows without problem

Optimum! Can easy connect Mac and windows without trouble, free version is the best for the segment (no ads, no buy request). For a quick connection to customers is the best choice

PROS

Easy to use, easy to suggest to any customer, no installation required for remote assistance

CONS

Function menu too little, not easy to find

Reason for choosing AnyDesk

simple, powerful, stable, even in free mode

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

supremo is too expensive, in team viewer too many problem with Mac and request to buy

Fay

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Anydesk Review

I liked working with anydesk as I can help people online with very little hassle they can see exactly what is going on, installation is easier also not so expensive that it makes it out of reach for people. For a support program one of the better ones

PROS

Very easy to use picks up all screens if thier are multiple screens involved. Very secure not just anyone can get in you have to accept the person and also it is very consious of if you changing system files it likes to warn and make sure you know that you are doing this. Value for money - even on the free version the options are great Easy for customers to use as well don't require length installation for it to work

CONS

Very little to dislike about the program really enjoy the functionality and use of it. A nice program

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

Teamviewer was getting to expensive and not always easy to install on computers

Burcu

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

Wonderful remote support application

We used a different application in Windows based systems, but we installed machines with different operating systems. they contained linux system. We could not connect to linuz systems from other application. We started using anydesk because we had problems switching from windows to linux. and we are very pleased.

PROS

The application's interface and management screen is very good. The screen image quality is very good when I provide remote connection. Connection speed is very good.

CONS

The application works well. Not difficult to install and use. There is no feature I do not like.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

It worked for connecting to different systems than Windows-based systems. With Anydesk it is much easier to connect to linux system machines.

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2019

Great alternative to the market leader

My use case is to connect to my private pc or the one of my mother mainly. Although i connect to other family members as well to help with tech problems every once in a while. Although there is no address book, the last connected devices are still shown and i have yet to outrun the ammount of last connected devices. When i use a new device to connect from I just keep a note with the IDs.

PROS

Always worked super fast and reliable whenever i needed it. There are chat and file copy features that also work really well whenever i used them. The UI is fresh and intuitive.

CONS

The addressbook doesnt come with either the free or the basic tier... Which means you have to remember the names given to the pcs you manage

Free Version was better.

Reasons for switching to AnyDesk

I was using Teamviewer before with no real issues unless one day i got the message that im blocked. I contacted support and was unblocked after one or two weeks, only to be blocked again after my first connect.

Robert

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

A fast & simple remote access

Anydesk allows me to monitor and fix any issue on other devices wit