All Better Reports Reviews

Aaron

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

critical function for our daily business

excellent - the most critical app we use with our website

PROS

the ease of use and ability to display, aggregate and deploy data for our day to day use is incredible. it accesses all data captured from our website and is able to to provide preformatted reports or custom reports. it allows for scheduled reporting via email or syncing to google sheets - we have our main production workflow based off of a core report and cascading reports that is displayed real time.

CONS

learning curve for custom reports can be a little steep at first, but this is supplemented by amazing and responsive customer support

Braylee

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Better Reports has made sales so much easier!

Being on the sales team we use these reports daily to look at numbers for different sales channels. We have also started using it to forecast inventory replenishment. Customer service is so quick, friendly, and helpful!

PROS

CONS

I wish I was able to edit the reports myself with custom filters.

Reasons for switching to Better Reports

SalesRep wasn't able to pull the numbers we needed

robert

Retail, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2021

PROS

Search feature to find fields for quick report builds.

CONS

Appearance and filtering options are a little clunky.

Wayne

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Better Reports - my strategic competitive advantage

Since starting to use Better Reports I have used it as a critical part of my business information, strategy development and decision making process

PROS

I like two things. The quick and amazing service from the team, and the data and information they make available in the reports

CONS

I can't think of what I don't like. Everything works well and is useful

Jack

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Invaluable addition to our financial processes

The software provided a solution to our problematic requirements that we had been unable to find within QuickBooks itself and various other accounting systems. The customer service is incredible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was very helpful and built various custom reports for our company using advanced SQL commands.

PROS

Software is very easy to get up and running and provides the user with access to extensive advanced reporting features that should have been available with Quickbooks.

CONS

The user manual could be tailored to each individual tool. The user interface is fairly basic and lacks features such as a 'refresh', 'undo' button which would be useful when building and filtering reports.

Reason for choosing Better Reports

The setup time to meet our requirements was considerably quicker and required less configuration. It was much cheaper, and the ability to schedule reports via email was very useful.

Caroline

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Best in class reporting app

A 5* company with customer service that puts most other companies to shame

PROS

I love the list of reports that exist already - they far exceed Shopify's analytics and make that look a bit stupid and low grade tbh. However, the best feature of Better Reports is the team who help out if there's something a bit more complex that I can't figure out. Every single time I put a request in I get a report back that exactly reflects what I have asked for. They're exceptionally timely and very helpful and responsive - makes the app a complete no brainer as you're never left wondering how to figure something out.

CONS

Nothing. I just wish I was more competent at creating reports when they are slightly more complex

Naomi

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

You get what you pay for and more

They reply to emails right away, and always understand my question the first time. We had to move all of our reports from one Shopify store to another, and they did it for us in the blink of an eye with no extra charges. I honestly didn’t know that customer service for an app could be this good. I sincerely hope they are able to keep it up.

PROS

The customer service level is outstanding. They help set up reports you need in the first place and when you get stuck on one field or one small issue on an ad hoc report, you email them and they immediately fix the report! It’s like having a fairy godmother of reporting!! The possibilities seem endless. They have never said “that can’t be done”. Custom fields are an amazing feature - they were able to create custom fields for me at various levels of the data that transformed my ability to analyze my business.

CONS

It’s not cheap so we hesitated at first. But Better Reports really proves the adage: you get what you pay for. Also the custom fields are a little complex and hard to figure out on your own. This would be a con but because of their amazing customer service it’s a non-issue.

Stellar Reviews - they were right

Reviewed August 2023

Best, Versatile Custom Reporting App for Shopify

I highly recommend Better Reports

PROS

We use this to track UTMs for orders from paid social, to watch gross margin by day, see sales by product by day and more. It's a great, versatile tool.

CONS

I think they would benefit from making it more clear just how amazing their support is. The team is fast, highly competent, and will help you get what you need. The app can do it, their team can show you how.

MALESA

Apparel & Fashion, 501-1,000 employees

EXCELLENT SERVICE!!

best experience! Easy to create and maneuver all the reports. I am always able to create reports and obtain what I am looking for.

PROS

Everything! so easy to work with and an excellent help line.

CONS

Nothing! I like everything about it! Easy to create and maneuver all the reports. I am always able to create and obtain what I am looking for.

Christopher

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Better Reports is an fantastic add on to our reporting needs

It was fantastic working with their customized reports team. They were very thorough and pleasant to work with. Highly recommended.

PROS

The customizable reports are huge. The Better Reports' team built us several very challenging custom reports for our subscription business. They listened to our needs and checked in every step of the way until we were satisfied. I did not expect this level of customization for this product. I was extremely surprised and delighted.

CONS

The only con is that I didn't find discover them sooner.

Reason for choosing Better Reports

Calliper never seemed to synch with Stripe and after it did, it just gave the same reporting that Stripe provides.

Lauren

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Custom Reports That Multiple Departments Use Daily

It's like having all the freedom of a SQL database but with the user-friendliness of a visual reporting system.

PROS

That it's so easy to set up and pulls data from various sources in my Shopify Store. It shows better data than Shopify itself and if there's something you want to see that isn't currently available, the Better Reports support team will likely be able to create it for you using custom SQL code.

CONS

The price - I'm not saying it's not worth it but a Shopify subscription really adds up when you pay monthly fees for each app and this one costs more than most.

Reason for choosing Better Reports

It was the only one that was able to show the reports I and the other departments at my company needed.

Reasons for switching to Better Reports

There wasn't enough options and it was impossible to make even the smaller adjustments I needed.

Brandon

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Satisfied Customer - Continue to Come up with More Ways to Use BR

Very satisfied. Several of the custom reports are critical for our business on a day-to-day basis.

PROS

We rely on several features from BR to run various aspects of our business. Whether is month-end accounting, automated reports to monitor wholesale customers or looking at the effectiveness of different marketing campaigns based on the promo codes used, we've built it all out through BR.

CONS

Creating the reports can be tricky at times and often requires some help. Luckily they are VERY quick to reply and help build what we're looking for.

Jeremy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Great Reporting App!

Great customer service!

PROS

Better Reports has been a great app for everything we need with our reporting. Most importantly though, the customer service and response time for questions is so beneficial. They are quick to answer questions and help solve issues as they arrise because of my time spent learning.

CONS

It is great. Sometimes it is above my knowledge base but the Customer Service team is able to explain everything to me.

Reason for choosing Better Reports

We tried probably 4 other reporting apps when deciding on what to implement and Better Reports was the best app we tried.

Jeannie

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Excellent Value for Money with 5-Star Customer Support

Better Reports is great - I'm very happy with this product/service.

PROS

Customer support is incredibly responsive and helpful. They've been able to customize the system completely for my team. This tool makes our Shopify data useful so we can make the best business decisions.

CONS

Data visualization is a bit lack-luster. I often export to excel so that I can pivot and visualize the data the best way (which can be frustrating when I realize I need one additional metric and need to start over).

Kelly

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Better Reports is my source of 90% of reporting

It is an exceptional product.

PROS

The reports can be customized in many different ways. It pulls and split all the info I need for all aspects of my business. The customer support team is incredible at answering my questions and even creating reports for me if I can't figure it out on my own.

CONS

It got a bit pricey when we upgraded to shopify plus. I still found it to be something I couldn't run my business without therefore worth the additional spend.

Ellie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Must have

It helped us report fast without having to pull excel sheets

PROS

It is fast, accurate and easy to use. The implementation in Shopify was seamless

CONS

I have nothing to add that I don't like. We use it daily and can't run our business without it.

Reason for choosing Better Reports

Good reviews and when reaching out I received excellent customer service

Natasha

Textiles, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Excellent Service, always willing to help and build you out what you need very quickly

Great!

PROS

Ease of use, excellent Help function, real time data

CONS

Could use more options to pull from for reporitng

Catlin