• Pros

• "I love the simplicity of it, very easy to use!"

• "The support is amazing and so easy to find . I love colour coding the services so so easy to use"

• "It’s very easy to use and has everything I need plus more! "

• Cons

• "Some options can not be customised but considering the price it's not much of a problem"

• "Some reports for marketing can be a little tedious to work out. They can improve on the reporting side but otherwise all great"

• "I love the automatic texts but wish I could change it to ask them to reply and it come to the computer"

Browse Simple Salon Reviews

Colleen from Decadence Nail & Beauty Studio

Frustrated!!

Pros

Up until last week, this software was pretty good - it met my needs as a salon owner. I have had very few dramas with it.

Cons

After I did the iOS 13.1.2 update, things have changed dramatically. The whole entering appointments screen has changed and it is now difficult and takes twice as long to enter clients into appointment book. Also, it keeps logging me out so each time I go to use it, I have to waste time logging in again. And if I make a mistake in my haste, it takes even longer.

Sarah from Light as a Feather Beauty

Simple Salon user for over 5 years!

Overall I am happy, my day to day use is easy & straight forward.

Pros

General functions are easy to use, affordable and has pretty much everything I need. Easy to book and rebook clients, set up appointment reminders and add & change services.

Cons

The app doesn’t allow all functions to be performed, such as moving an appointment to a different day or time, or inputting a task without booking it as a clients appointment. I also find setting up a list to text out clients for promotions tricky at times.

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review of Simple Salon. Very happy that you find it easy to use. We'd also love to help you with any functions that you might ever find tricky and are always contactable at support@simplesalon.com.au and can happily call you back to guide you over the phone. Thanks again for managing and building your business with Simple Salon.

Sarah from Shimmer Health & Beauty

Loyalty not necessarily rewarded

Almost four years ago, I borrowed my mother’s credit card to use for one month of my subscription. I changed it to my then new card soon after, which was charged by Simple Salon. My mother alerted me some time later to the fact that her card was still being charged also. Simple Salon don’t seem to want to take responsibility for this glitch and in reply to one of the emails I sent trying to get to the bottom of the reason why we were being charged twice for a period of time, their response was sending me the link on how to properly change your card/payment details. Obviously I already knew how to do this as my card was being charged, and this was not the first time over the years that I’d successfully changed payment details. This issue has caused me to refrain from using the online booking feature and I have been researching other booking systems because I am not at all satisfied with this. If I had more time, I would have moved over to another program by now.

Pros

The program is reasonably easy to work with and does prompt you to find what you are looking for in most cases.

Cons

There have been times where I have really needed to speak to a support person, but this is not an option unless you ask for a return phone call that you need to wait for. There is not a simple option for treatment packages so if someone books in for a discount package, we are required to book each treatment in separately and I have to rely on my staff to remember to apply the discount.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Price point, functionality. This was 6 years ago now and there are now many more options on the market. I wouldn’t choose Simple Salon again due to my experiences. I am in the process of selling my business and will be honest with potential buyers regarding this. I will be purchasing a different online booking system for my next venture.

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review. We are very happy that you found SS easy to use but apologize for any confusion which may have occurred regarding changing the credit card assigned to billing. We will be looking into this matter further in an effort to establish a more satisfactory outcome for you. Team SS.

Christie from Christie Muir hair styling

It's great

I'm very happy with the system although I would love to be able to call customer support when something comes up rather than submitting a request.

Pros

I love the online booking system and the price is very reasonable.

Cons

I'm not at at tech savvy and some of the things on offer while easy to use I don't quite understand.

Natalie from Natalie Nemer lashes

Honest user

I really like the program, super simple to use once you get the hang of everything and the help is great when you don’t know what you’re doing. I would personally fix the issues mentioned above because the old system I used (10to8) had all these functions which I do miss.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of the software once you understand how to use it. I like how everything is automatic and does a lot of my job for me

Cons

I don’t like how I can’t sync up with my personal calander. This is a big feature that I miss in my old software. Countless times I have my own personal appointment or am not in salon and have booked in a client because it doesn’t show that I’m away I would like more options for messaging, for example, different messages for different services - prices, reminders etc

Louise from Creative Artist Hair & Beauty

Simple gets the job done!

I have never had a problem in the whole 6 years.

Pros

It is very user friendly and has everything you need to run your business by the click of a button! Love it!

Cons

That it was extra for online booking option, happy it changed.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

The simplicity and that it is with Xero

Syed from Ibrows experts

Simple salon.....as the name suggest it is really simple

I have beauty salon business and we are operating from 3 different locations. The software allows me to keep a track of sales, inventory, marketing, KPI and various other aspects of my business. It allows me to spend less time in creating different report and focus more time on my business.

Pros

Ease of use Various reports Easy to keep a track of customer Loyalty point system

Cons

I am sure the support team is working on this but at the moment you cannot customize your reports for example you cannot add a specific column in your report.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

The main reason was simplicity of tge software and loyalty rewards point system.

lauren from Style on empire

Hairdresser owner/user

Very good service when starting the program and easy to use other programs to connect to simplesalon so very handy

Pros

Main pos and appointment booking is easy

Cons

To much clicking back and forth and typing in to many specifics to get a simple answer

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

It was one of the more expensive to choose from but had apps for phones and a few other little features that will make my life easier while on mat leave

Kylie from Chippers Hair

Simple

I like the software as it’s easy to use and has most things but the service is very poor and some functions could be improved. I except this as the price point is excellent for what I get - I don’t need too many bells and whistles but when I need support it’s not there.

Pros

Has most needs - appointments, reporting, sms and email reminders and marketing, ordering, not expensive (I’m a small salon)

Cons

Support- even if I request support I don’t receive any feedback it’s extremely bad to the point I’ve considered changing systems - but changing is hard as I can’t download all the information easily - the exported excel files are in different order. If I had better support I’d be happy. Can’t add sustainable salon - no response on how to do this Many reports are locked at 1 months - it would be great if this wasn’t locked Dashboard- not live like Kitoomba - I don’t really know how I’m doing

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

I must admit I was price driven being a small salon of 2 plus 1 part time person, but I did want some key features - marketing, ordering etc...simple salon had everything. Having said that most companies offer the same things now and appear at times more expensive but offer other things that make the cost the same (mini websites, sms included - eg timely) - but I do like that the cost is very clear with simplesalon

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Hi Kylie. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We take your experience and comments very seriously and, while we are very happy you give four or five stars to most of the review criteria, we are especially interested in your experience with support and functionality. So much so that in the last month we have employed a new team member to focus on these very issues and are quietly confident you will see a huge improvement. While we love it when current customers recommend SS to others our main focus is on you, as a current customer, being more than satisfied. Thanks again for your very helpful feedback.

Nicola from aHead Hair & Beauty

n/a

Great that it's cloud based. Always loving the updates. Love the online booking software

Pros

That it is cloud based. Easy to use. Multiple users. Good price point.

Cons

That it isn't mobile phone friendly. Sometimes confirmation SMS don't get sent out to clients so I have to constantly double check.

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Hi Nicola. Thanks so much for your review of Simple Salon. We love that you love the updateswe're always in development, making sure we're growing with your needs. SMS texts issues often have sources beyond our control; we do everything at our end to make sure they are reliable but understand and totally agree with you that even one client missing one SMS is problematic. Rest assured we always find the reason and do our utmost to communicate it to you ASAP. Thanks again for being a Simple Salon user.

Lauryn from Thunderbolt Hair

Industry: Cosmetics

Great Software for starting out.

- Client information privacy policy is the best I have found in my research of salon software. - Friendly staff that were prompt in answering any questions or problems I had. - Price transparency before signing up - you know exactly what you get for what price.

Pros

Simple Salon was a great starting point and was the first software I used when opening the salon. The main draw was the great client information privacy policy. It was very easy to use once all the data was put in and the team got used to using it. I love that I was able to run the salon off an iPad, including POS, and could check my schedule on my iPhone through the app Support team and email correspondence was always fast in my experience. Never tried any pushy sales tactics or upgrades. Overall, good software for newbies and reliable.

Cons

-Online booking - Slick App was the only way clients could book online, there was no real incentive for clients to use it and i never received any bookings from it- be it new or existing clients. It has no real online presence and was an unfamiliar brand. My clients felt uncomfortable handing over personal information. From memory I believe the business only had an 30 mins from opening time to confirm a booking which is ridiculous and almost impossible in a busy salon environment. -Outdated looking interface. felt very dated and clunky. It was a breeze to use once you understood it, nut did take some getting used to. - Customer support was a little tricky. Had a bit of trouble understanding how to unsubscribe (very well hidden) - Expensive for the small size of the team I have. Paying double the price for 2 columns was a bit of a joke. I can definitely see benefit if the salon team was bigger. -Disappointing that no appointment changes or new appointments couldn't be made via the phone app on the go. The app was only useful to see appointments, not much else.

Erika from M Style Haordressing

Simple Salon software for Hairdressing salons

I am really happy with this product and at times have been tempted to look at what else is out there.I have not found anything that is as easy to operate for my staff and gives me everything that I need. I also like the fact that Simple salon is always bringing out new features so I feel I am not being left behind.

Pros

This software is easy to use.You can access it anywhere and the online booking function is a must.The reports are easy to read and are invaluable to my staff for their KPIs. No updates to purchase and no contracts. It ticks all my boxes.

Cons

That it sometimes goes down.Unfortunately this is a universal problem not just Simple salon.I really have not experienced any down side.The help desk is awesome and the video tutorials are always their if you need them.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Simple salon was one of the first on line systems available and this excited me greatly to be able to access my appointment book anywhere.I have used the software for over 7 years and am a very satisfied customer.Thank you Simple Salon for a great product you get 5 stars from me.

Diane from Ash & Co Hair Salon

Simple Salon Review

simple salon makes my daily life organized & sorted, I love that it does everything for you

Pros

I can access my appointments anywhere I am, I have the app on my phone, ipad & work computer. the system is the easiest one I have used. I like that it has previous history stored too.

Cons

there isn't much I don't like about simple salon but an upgrade would be good, give the whole system a makeover

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

because as it says in the name, its simple

Rochelle from Bayside Body & Spa

Easy to use softwear

Have had no problems at all the team is always on hand for anything that we need

Pros

I have been using it for over 8 years simple to use and value for money does it all and the back up is great would not even think of using anything else Rochelle Fisher

Cons

all good we have had no problems since we started and good that they have videos if you need to find out something

value for money

Katalina from Paradise blonde hair boutique

Hair salon software

Very good, effectient and a great software

Pros

We’ve been very pleased with the simple salon software. It’s been easy to use, fast and very reliable.

Cons

We are hoping the online booking system will take into consideration ‘ processing times ‘ for clients colours

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

It was much easier to see each employees work colum, the price was good and offered easy text message reminding services

Kay from The Girl You Love

The simplest salon software ever

I don’t use a lot of the features, as I am a sole operator I really don’t need to but it is easy to use, simple to pull up reports and I may one day use online bookings.

Pros

It’s ease of use, simplicity and value for money

Cons

That I couldn’t change back to 15 min segments from the 10 min segments. This is why I do not use online booking or your SMS or email service for reminders (I use my own SMS on my phone) I book by 15 min segments if it were in 5 minute segments it would work perfectly.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

I have used other software products in previous businesses, all complicated and costly, Simple Salon is easy and great value for money. I am very happy with it

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Hi Kay. Thanks so much for your 10/10 review! As we continually develop features to make sure we're doing all we can to help you grow your business we really appreciate the positive feedback, as well as you sharing your experience.

amanda from boss hair and makeup

Impressed

Its amazing, super easy to use and super handy to have all of my records easily accessible for my account to use.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. I am not tech savvy but I have 100% used this software with ease. the customer support is really easy and always available

Cons

I cant really think of anything I don't like.

Casey from The metropolitan hair co

Simple Salon Review

I would like to see it be a bit easier to double book and never to crash again and I would think about recommending to other people

Pros

That I can use it on my phone

Cons

There has been 2 crashes and I was unable to see any appointments and one of the times was very close to Christmas the busiest time of the year Iv been paying for 2 columns because it’s to hard to use the double book feature It won’t let me double book where I need to.

Timely only gave me a 2 week trial and it was no where near enough

Sara from Depilation and Skin Care Centre

Easy enough to use

we use it on a very basic level, it has so much more potential than what we utilise it for

Pros

it was easily customisable when first staring out with the software.

Cons

Some commands are difficult with a lot of steps to set up appointments. some of our development needs are not supported.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Easier to use for an older non computer generation

Brodie from Surfcoast Beauty

Great salon software

It’s easy to see the day to day running and keep track of earnings making eofy easy!

Pros

It’s very easy to use and has everything I need plus more!

Cons

Not many complaints. I wish the sms reminders were free, like some other salon softwares

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

I have considered changing as it’s free but have decided to stick to what I know

Anna from Stella's Light Healing

Simple to use

The online option has been great as for my business, people from 20-45 book online all the time. The option of just choosing cupping as a service title is an issue rather than specifically titled to what I am providing. However, I enjoy using the program as I can book anyone anywhere at anytime.

Pros

The software is simple to set up and use once the products and services are organised.

Cons

As for the wellness sector there isn't enough options for online bookings. I can only have 'cupping' as an option. I think if this can change or suit the users where they choose the options they provide that would be better for clients.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Firstly I am a new business so I needed to keep my costs down. I needed to be able to use a simple service. It needed to integrate with my website and be user friendly with my clients.

Amanda from Amanda fife Body & Beauty

Amanda

They are always helpful and easy to get in contact with.

Pros

It’s extremely user friendly and affordable, the tech support is great. The team are always happy to help and there isn’t any extra frees for getting problems solved

Cons

I actually don’t really have any complaints

Lisa-Maree from Lisa-Maree Horder Hairstylist

First time using salon software

I just wasn't collecting useful data prior to signing up. I can see at a glance how we are performing for a set period and compare to past periods. I know theres more features it has to offer that i still need to utilise. Overall very happy.

Pros

It was simple setting up, I love the reports you're able to generate and I find the online help topics really useful.

Cons

It would be great if I could integrate my eftpos machine to make pos quicker and less chance of human error.

Price

Shai from Salon Integrity

Perfect all in one program

It keeps my appointments, acts as a point of sale, tracks my inventory and allows me to maintain a mailing list.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. The program is perfect for running any size salon.

Cons

No complaints. It does everything I need it to do.

Alex from The Establishment

Help!

Fine until something goes wrong and then it’s impossible to get help.

Pros

It’s simple and not complicated. Clean look.

Cons

I can never get in contact with customer support. Like ever.

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Hi Alex. Thanks for 5/5 for 'Value for Money and 4/5 for 'Overall Quality' and 'Ease of Use'. We'd love to be doing better in your eyes for 'Features/Functionality'and are always in development, but especially would like to address your feelings on Customer Support. Answering concerns and addressing issues is of the utmost importance to SS and that is why we have an email ticketing system which allows users to lodge any issue with us, at any time. Most issues are easily resolved with an email from us but we will always call back if this is not the case. We employ this method, of email contact first, as experience has shown us that salon operators are very busy and cannot always talk as much as they might like to, in order to explain the issue, whilst running the business. If you have anything at all you'd like us to help you with please get in touch here: https://www.simplesalon.com/contact-us/ anytime.

Maria from North End Hair

Simple salon

Overall it’s a great product but I would like to see some extras like a TIL and receipt machine that you can add easily to the system

Pros

Booking appointments is a breeze and mobile app is very useful.

Cons

Haven’t been able to set up a til that opens when using the software.

Price

Assunta from Marian's Petite Salon

Simple Salon review- very happy

overall everything has been amazing. there was only one day where we couldn't access our appointments but it was resolved over a few hours.

Pros

the fact that we can access through our mobiles means I can take hair and beauty appointments on the go! very convenient.

Cons

The set time of sms reminders. I would like to be able to send the reminders myself at the given time I prefer

Response from Simple Salon

Replied October 2019

Thanks so much for your excellent review, Assunta. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with Simple Salon.

Cindy from Moksha room

Easy as with everything you need

Love it

Pros

Easy to use and good features .............

Cons

Some of my long term clients profiles have gone and I want the phone app to have more features

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Because it was user friendly

Lisa from Botanique Skin & Spa

Been There From the Start and Still Happy

as above very good.

Pros

This package does everything we need it to do in our small day spa. Whenever I have had an issue, I have had a quick response from the support desk. The price is great as well when compared to many other operators out there. I also like that they have continued to develop new options and features over the years to keep up with demand from their customers. I really haven't felt the need to look at another system. Thanks for the great work.

Cons

nothing really. It would be great to have a client intake form plug in at some point but you are probably working on it.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

price, seemed simple to get set up, had some good reviews already

Marco from Ora Hair

Great salon software!

I’ve used simple salon for years now and they always add different features to keep up with time and are really affordable And the support is alway great.

Pros

The cost, the features and the support.

Cons

A few things that could make emailing invoices easier some different reporting. Streamlining marketing.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

I liked the online cloud base product and being able to use and computer and could see the innovation of the company. I think I was with them from the early days and they have added a lot of great features and grown and have remained affordable for and size of salon

Bridget from Essence Treatment Room

Simple salon makes everything so much easier from reminders, stocktake, Tax info, gift vouchers. It really does have everything to make a business run smoothly.

Pros

• Easy to use • Love that I can access my appointment book anywhere in the world • Great SMS reminder feature

Cons

• Can’t see full week view on full screen • I would like to be able to click on appointment and create note straight away instead of having to going to next box and selecting note. (And have note visable on appointment book view- for single therapist column) • I would like to be able to load a personalised client consult form on Simple Salon for my clients to fill out on iPad that links straight to their file.

Adamantia from Inuovi Body Studio

Simpel and Effective

End of month and year reporting to calculate BAS is wonderful.

Pros

I found it easy to use and the reporting options cover all my requirements. When I was operating another salon i found it east to explain to other staff members regardless of their computer experience. I like that it prompts you to complete tasks and to complete services. Easy from both a user and admins point. Support is always fast and effective.

Cons

Don"t have anything negative to say . For the price point its extremely effective, practical and easy to use.

Response from Simple Salon

Replied November 2019

Hi Adamantia. Thanks very much for your glowing review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Taliya from Harper Hair & Tan

Best salon software I have ever used!

Simple Salon has allowed me to operate my small business with ease and the freedom of being able to access it anywhere. It's helped me grow my business from a single operator to 6 staff members without any issues or complications. Highly recommend to someone starting up!

Pros

The support is amazing, if I cant work something out within 24hours of submitting a request it is fixed for me. I love how easy it is to set up yourself and I love that it runs online so I can access it anywhere anytime.

Cons

I have had a few issues with the online booking system, most have been fixed straight away otherwise they have said they will try figure out the problem.

Better price, worked with Xero

Elise from Toscani & Blow Bar

Customer service - face to face option

Using it as a basic booking system only. We have been able to implement the reply text confirmation but as yet nothing else is being used effectively.

Pros

I like that I can use it anywhere anytime (when I have service). I like the potential of the product.

Cons

The software has been in use as a basic booking system for years in the salon before I came on board. I would have liked to be able to have face to face training or be able to attend a course to increase the use across the board. Once I requested this earlier in my time with the company and I was directed to research it myself. I simply do not have the time or inclination to do this. We are a busy salon and time gets away from us. The task of research of the software is always on the list but always gets pushed when we have to look after our clients or staff. I would learn better if I could attend a course or if someone could come out and spend some time with me. In short, we are paying for a system and not using it to its full potential. I have been researching other software as I think if I set it up from scratch I would have a better understanding of it and it would benefit business growth.

Response from Simple Salon

Replied November 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Elise. Simple Salon offers phone support after an initial ticket has been raised by submitting any query on the Simple Salon website here: https://www.simplesalon.com/contact-us/ From experience we've learned this is the quickest way to resolve any issue; we appreciate how busy salon operators are. And by offering support via email all necessary information is shared and accessible for future reference.

Mark from Mark Gardner Hair

satisfied

Easiest ever used for staff and new staff

Pros

Ease of use and detailed reports compared to any previously used software.

Cons

I have no problems at all with Simple salon.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

A colleague was trialling it and recommended it to me.

Casey from Instyle studio

Great

Pros

Easy to use all my friends were using it

Cons

Paying for sms Not the best app to use

Cheaper

Shrabean from Magnifique Salon

Web-based software showing its age and overpriced for what it is

I would tell anyone who is looking for a new salon software and thinking of Simple Salon as an option... don't. The price is better than some but there are better options out there.

Pros

The software is web based so can access from anywhere. Relatively simple to use, even stylists with very little computer experience can navigate their way around the common functionality. Has Xero integration for end of day.

Cons

Software is old. It's using old web technology. Clunky to use, not mobile friendly, not user friendly - especially in the setups. Editing and saving things takes you to different screens on save so you have to keep going back. There is a basic mobile app, which might as well not exist. Software went down 4 times (for more than a few hours at a time in full working day) in a space of 3 months. A basic apology via their Facebook page and an email. Nothing else. 6 months later they increase the monthly fee by nearly 15%. Reports are ok, but never detailed enough. Data in the report changes (rebooking) and date limits on reports. They have Support for the software. But if you want good support, well I wouldn't count on it. There is no phone support, only email. Only received one call from the Support team, when we were leaving Simple Salon. Prior to that, had an urgent issue and also requested a manager to call me, they didn't want to know about it.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

We didn't. We chose another software after Simple Salon.

Zavier from Eclettico

Industry: Cosmetics

Not very good value for money lacking customer support

Ok

Pros

I like the ease of the user on this and the search format

Cons

I really dislike the lack of customer service, the fact that you need something fixed straight away or an answer and you can’t just pick up the phone to speak to someone to resolve the issue you need to wait for an email response. I find the value for money disappointing, as soon as you exceed 3 users the price range surges even if you only need one extra column.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

We were already interested, I enjoy the ordering process I find it simple and I didn’t want to loose any data

Lisa from Just Waxing UK

Great Salon System

I have been so happy with the system. In 5 years there have only ever been 2 occasions when there has been a system outage and SS worked so hard to get us back up and running super quick. They are also so responsive to the change in demand of further improvements

Pros

I can easily access the system from any hardware and it is just easy to use. I am not particularly techy but it just works at an affordable price

Cons

Not always easy to distinguish time of appointments if you are in column 4

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Versatility, no need for hardware and the ease to get up and running super quickly

Melissa from Butterfly Hair Studio

My review

I have looked at other software but they either have less features that I need or are too expensive for a single operater

Pros

For the price it does mostly what I want

Cons

No wait list, can't use set and forget marketing with mail chimp- only basic typed emails. The look of the appointment book is old fashioned. Would like to auto send gift vouchers when loyalty points hit a certain point. Suggestions seem to take forever to be developed or not at all

Affordability

Nicole from Rejuvenate Beauty Therapy

Salon Software

Reporting and appointment reminders have been a huge benefit to my Salon.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting, appointment reminders.

Cons

The orange colour theme, one generic touch marketing follow up.

Pricing was competitive.

Cathy from Azara Beauty

Great product

Pros

Quick and easy to use when booking in clients

Cons

The only annoying part is not being able to process payments through the app. I have to go on the computer to do that

Kyla from Fresh Image hair nails & beauty

Love Simple salon

Keep track of stock, every day sale intake and easy tracking appointments

Pros

We love now we can offer afterpay to our clients. Easy and fast to use in a salon environment

Cons

It’s hard to say when you like so many things I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that we least like

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Most offordable and most straight forward to understand

July 2016

Mark from Hair on Murray

July 2016

The name says it all

We have been sing books for client bookings, cards for clients past visits, spreadsheets for staff performance and indexes for contacts. Now we have this software which does everything simply and in a way that we can all use, even remotely. This is so flexible and easy to setup and use. Having had no experience with salon software previously I thought long and hard before signing up. After about five minutes I had set the system up and had it ready for product input. Our staff had used it previously so they breezed through and we're making bookings even before the setup was fully finished. The level of information that simple salon provides is fantastic and is literally replacing about 5 different checks and balances we had put in place. Our stylists check every day on their statistics and are really wanting to challage their results and better previous figures. I seriously love this software.

Pros

Remote access, our stylists can book clients in from anywhere they have Internet access Client up-selling, easy to use with the client which enables live up-selling. Everyone knows what is coming up which in turn allows better planning, stock control, and staff usage Ease of use. It's dead simple to set up and use. It's as simple as that.

Cons

None that I can find as yet.

Troy from Troy Thompson Hair Artistry

It’s all in the name

This makes the day to day schedule run so easy and quick . I absolutely love this system and so glad I got it .

Pros

It is so easy to use and has so many features . It’s really affordable and you get so much for what you pay for .

Cons

Only problem I have encountered was the couple of times it went off line . But other than that it probably has more features then what I use but that’s not a con really.

Ellie from Hair Quarters Salon

Simple Salon Review

I have been using simple salon for over 5 years and it has been excellent for the most part, apart from a couple of technical issues I have no negative feedback

Pros

Its very easy to use, and the cloud base makes it simple to run my business even when I am not in front of the computer

Cons

sometimes there has been a fault in the system and I have been unable to access clients information

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

My previous owner decided on it and I continued it in my business as i knew how it worked

Tracy from Urban spirit

Great service and easy to install

I have had simple salon for 16 months it has been a great addition to my business. The program is easy and I think has helped grow my business. I can see exactly where we are and who is doing what . So I just opened a second salon and the service I got was great , the support staff was right onto my questions and really went out of her way to help me . This means we can access both salon appointments and I can monitor what is happening where . I recently went to Europe for 6 weeks , it was awesome just accessing the program anywhere I was able to see how my girls were going on and I could get paid !!! Also the SMS my clients love, I have had less no shows and my clients look forward to their reminder . I won't be going back to pen and paper ! Love it !

Pros

Cons

All good

Alex from The loft Manuka

Wonderfully simple !

Great way to keep track of staff and easy end of day procedure.

Pros

Ease of use is great, being a hairdresser by trade the IT gene skipped me. Good with people not so great with computers.

Cons

Like anything new, there is as a lot to learn from the start. Now that we are familiar with the functions it works great. I think the issues we have experienced have all been due to user error.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

Price and options as, we are a smaller salon

Stacey from Stacey's Beauty Therapy

Industry: Cosmetics

Made my life so much easier!

I used to forget occasionally to write an appointment in my diary, now with simple salon, it's always on me so I can book people in on the go and never miss an appointment.

Pros

I liked that I could book appointments in wherever I was, as it was on my phone, and I could always check my diary and see what I had available. I have simple salon on my phone, tablet and computer and it's very easy to use.

Cons

There's a lot of different features for the reports but I'm not sure about some of them so I'm probably not getting the most out of all the features it has.

Reasons for Choosing Simple Salon

I was recommended it by another salon.

Emily from Studio 31 hair and beauty

Makes my day so simple

Its been brilliant iv recommend it to other hair salons it's very cost-effective considering how many features you can use.

Pros

It makes a booking in clients so simple and easy when we are busy in the salon, I can reach all my clients easily if we are doing marketing and the reminder notifications has completely cut down no show appointments. Also links straight to my accounting software, so simple.

Cons

12months in and really no problems at all, you can as features as you need or keep it really simple.