• icon"Ease of use, very easy to navigate. With great automated features."
  • icon"It was simple setting up, I love the reports you're able to generate and I find the online help topics really useful."
  • icon"It’s extremely user friendly and affordable, the tech support is great. The team are always happy to help and there isn’t any extra frees for getting problems solved."
  • icon"Reminder emails/ sms - having trouble purchasing sms credits thereby only unable to send email reminders."
  • icon"Online booking system difficult to set up and alter. Also has a lot of technique problems not confirming clients appointments via email when they have booked in."
  • icon"Sometimes there has been a fault in the system and I have been unable to access clients information."

All Simple Salon Reviews

Colleen

Frustrated!!

Pros

Up until last week, this software was pretty good - it met my needs as a salon owner. I have had very few dramas with it.

Cons

After I did the iOS 13.1.2 update, things have changed dramatically. The whole entering appointments screen has changed and it is now difficult and takes twice as long to enter clients into appointment book. Also, it keeps logging me out so each time I go to use it, I have to waste time logging in again. And if I make a mistake in my haste, it takes even longer.

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

Pricing. It was not worth the money for a single operator. However, I LOVED this software and was sad I couldn’t afford it.

Simple Salon user for over 5 years!

Overall I am happy, my day to day use is easy & straight forward.

Pros

General functions are easy to use, affordable and has pretty much everything I need. Easy to book and rebook clients, set up appointment reminders and add & change services.

Cons

The app doesn’t allow all functions to be performed, such as moving an appointment to a different day or time, or inputting a task without booking it as a clients appointment. I also find setting up a list to text out clients for promotions tricky at times.

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

I had used Shortcuts at my places of employment for the 5+ years prior to opening my own business, the use I found to very similar but extremely cheaper & more accessible (eg: don’t need to leave on a computer to access remotely like shortcuts did at the time).

Response from Simple Salon

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review of Simple Salon. Very happy that you find it easy to use. We'd also love to help you with any functions that you might ever find tricky and are always contactable at support@simplesalon.com.au and can happily call you back to guide you over the phone. Thanks again for managing and building your business with Simple Salon.

Loyalty not necessarily rewarded

Almost four years ago, I borrowed my mother’s credit card to use for one month of my subscription. I changed it to my then new card soon after, which was charged by Simple Salon. My mother alerted me some time later to the fact that her card was still being charged also. Simple Salon don’t seem to want to take responsibility for this glitch and in reply to one of the emails I sent trying to get to the bottom of the reason why we were being charged twice for a period of time, their response was sending me the link on how to properly change your card/payment details. Obviously I already knew how to do this as my card was being charged, and this was not the first time over the years that I’d successfully changed payment details. This issue has caused me to refrain from using the online booking feature and I have been researching other booking systems because I am not at all satisfied with this. If I had more time, I would have moved over to another program by now.

Pros

The program is reasonably easy to work with and does prompt you to find what you are looking for in most cases.

Cons

There have been times where I have really needed to speak to a support person, but this is not an option unless you ask for a return phone call that you need to wait for. There is not a simple option for treatment packages so if someone books in for a discount package, we are required to book each treatment in separately and I have to rely on my staff to remember to apply the discount.

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

Price point, functionality. This was 6 years ago now and there are now many more options on the market. I wouldn’t choose Simple Salon again due to my experiences. I am in the process of selling my business and will be honest with potential buyers regarding this. I will be purchasing a different online booking system for my next venture.

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

After losing my entire booking program due to a computer software issue, I had to repurchase the program and was told by GSI that it was ‘on the cloud’ and I would no longer need to physically back up the program...being fairly technologically impaired, i took their word and went along. Fast forward one year and two weeks, we lost all of the system data for no apparent reason. The program had a 12 month warranty and the support staff couldn’t care less about our ordeal, let alone offer advice or strategies! I had no physical back up nor was the data stored ‘on the cloud’

Response from Simple Salon

Hi Sarah. Thanks very much for your review. We are very happy that you found SS easy to use but apologize for any confusion which may have occurred regarding changing the credit card assigned to billing. We will be looking into this matter further in an effort to establish a more satisfactory outcome for you. Team SS.

Christie

It's great

I'm very happy with the system although I would love to be able to call customer support when something comes up rather than submitting a request.

Pros

I love the online booking system and the price is very reasonable.

Cons

I'm not at at tech savvy and some of the things on offer while easy to use I don't quite understand.

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

The price was ridiculous and their customer service was terrible when I had a problem. I was tricked into a contract that was way more expensive than I first was told because I was very naive and was the first time I had been on my own.

Natalie

Honest user

I really like the program, super simple to use once you get the hang of everything and the help is great when you don’t know what you’re doing. I would personally fix the issues mentioned above because the old system I used (10to8) had all these functions which I do miss.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of the software once you understand how to use it. I like how everything is automatic and does a lot of my job for me

Cons

I don’t like how I can’t sync up with my personal calander. This is a big feature that I miss in my old software. Countless times I have my own personal appointment or am not in salon and have booked in a client because it doesn’t show that I’m away I would like more options for messaging, for example, different messages for different services - prices, reminders etc

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

Because I needed something to record my sales

Louise

Simple gets the job done!

I have never had a problem in the whole 6 years.

Pros

It is very user friendly and has everything you need to run your business by the click of a button! Love it!

Cons

That it was extra for online booking option, happy it changed.

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

The simplicity and that it is with Xero

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

Hair ware was not in the cloud- it was a contract and it was very pricey!

Syed

Simple salon.....as the name suggest it is really simple

I have beauty salon business and we are operating from 3 different locations. The software allows me to keep a track of sales, inventory, marketing, KPI and various other aspects of my business. It allows me to spend less time in creating different report and focus more time on my business.

Pros

Ease of use Various reports Easy to keep a track of customer Loyalty point system

Cons

I am sure the support team is working on this but at the moment you cannot customize your reports for example you cannot add a specific column in your report.

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

The main reason was simplicity of tge software and loyalty rewards point system.

lauren

Hairdresser owner/user

Very good service when starting the program and easy to use other programs to connect to simplesalon so very handy

Pros

Main pos and appointment booking is easy

Cons

To much clicking back and forth and typing in to many specifics to get a simple answer

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

It was one of the more expensive to choose from but had apps for phones and a few other little features that will make my life easier while on mat leave

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

To complicated and didn’t connect easily to other programs needed

Kylie

Simple

I like the software as it’s easy to use and has most things but the service is very poor and some functions could be improved. I except this as the price point is excellent for what I get - I don’t need too many bells and whistles but when I need support it’s not there.

Pros

Has most needs - appointments, reporting, sms and email reminders and marketing, ordering, not expensive (I’m a small salon)

Cons

Support- even if I request support I don’t receive any feedback it’s extremely bad to the point I’ve considered changing systems - but changing is hard as I can’t download all the information easily - the exported excel files are in different order. If I had better support I’d be happy. Can’t add sustainable salon - no response on how to do this Many reports are locked at 1 months - it would be great if this wasn’t locked Dashboard- not live like Kitoomba - I don’t really know how I’m doing

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

I must admit I was price driven being a small salon of 2 plus 1 part time person, but I did want some key features - marketing, ordering etc...simple salon had everything. Having said that most companies offer the same things now and appear at times more expensive but offer other things that make the cost the same (mini websites, sms included - eg timely) - but I do like that the cost is very clear with simplesalon

Response from Simple Salon

Hi Kylie. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We take your experience and comments very seriously and, while we are very happy you give four or five stars to most of the review criteria, we are especially interested in your experience with support and functionality. So much so that in the last month we have employed a new team member to focus on these very issues and are quietly confident you will see a huge improvement. While we love it when current customers recommend SS to others our main focus is on you, as a current customer, being more than satisfied. Thanks again for your very helpful feedback.

Nicola

n/a

Great that it's cloud based. Always loving the updates. Love the online booking software

Pros

That it is cloud based. Easy to use. Multiple users. Good price point.

Cons

That it isn't mobile phone friendly. Sometimes confirmation SMS don't get sent out to clients so I have to constantly double check.

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

Price and not cloud based.

Response from Simple Salon

Hi Nicola. Thanks so much for your review of Simple Salon. We love that you love the updateswe're always in development, making sure we're growing with your needs. SMS texts issues often have sources beyond our control; we do everything at our end to make sure they are reliable but understand and totally agree with you that even one client missing one SMS is problematic. Rest assured we always find the reason and do our utmost to communicate it to you ASAP. Thanks again for being a Simple Salon user.

Lauryn

Industry: Cosmetics

Great Software for starting out.

- Client information privacy policy is the best I have found in my research of salon software. - Friendly staff that were prompt in answering any questions or problems I had. - Price transparency before signing up - you know exactly what you get for what price.

Pros

Simple Salon was a great starting point and was the first software I used when opening the salon. The main draw was the great client information privacy policy. It was very easy to use once all the data was put in and the team got used to using it. I love that I was able to run the salon off an iPad, including POS, and could check my schedule on my iPhone through the app Support team and email correspondence was always fast in my experience. Never tried any pushy sales tactics or upgrades. Overall, good software for newbies and reliable.

Cons

-Online booking - Slick App was the only way clients could book online, there was no real incentive for clients to use it and i never received any bookings from it- be it new or existing clients. It has no real online presence and was an unfamiliar brand. My clients felt uncomfortable handing over personal information. From memory I believe the business only had an 30 mins from opening time to confirm a booking which is ridiculous and almost impossible in a busy salon environment. -Outdated looking interface. felt very dated and clunky. It was a breeze to use once you understood it, nut did take some getting used to. - Customer support was a little tricky. Had a bit of trouble understanding how to unsubscribe (very well hidden) - Expensive for the small size of the team I have. Paying double the price for 2 columns was a bit of a joke. I can definitely see benefit if the salon team was bigger. -Disappointing that no appointment changes or new appointments couldn't be made via the phone app on the go. The app was only useful to see appointments, not much else.

Erika

Simple Salon software for Hairdressing salons

I am really happy with this product and at times have been tempted to look at what else is out there.I have not found anything that is as easy to operate for my staff and gives me everything that I need. I also like the fact that Simple salon is always bringing out new features so I feel I am not being left behind.

Pros

This software is easy to use.You can access it anywhere and the online booking function is a must.The reports are easy to read and are invaluable to my staff for their KPIs. No updates to purchase and no contracts. It ticks all my boxes.

Cons

That it sometimes goes down.Unfortunately this is a universal problem not just Simple salon.I really have not experienced any down side.The help desk is awesome and the video tutorials are always their if you need them.

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

Simple salon was one of the first on line systems available and this excited me greatly to be able to access my appointment book anywhere.I have used the software for over 7 years and am a very satisfied customer.Thank you Simple Salon for a great product you get 5 stars from me.

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

I was looking for more features that they couldn't offer.Also the price is great.No contracts.

Diane

Simple Salon Review

simple salon makes my daily life organized & sorted, I love that it does everything for you

Pros

I can access my appointments anywhere I am, I have the app on my phone, ipad & work computer. the system is the easiest one I have used. I like that it has previous history stored too.

Cons

there isn't much I don't like about simple salon but an upgrade would be good, give the whole system a makeover

Reasons for choosing Simple Salon

because as it says in the name, its simple

Rochelle

Easy to use softwear

Have had no problems at all the team is always on hand for anything that we need

Pros

I have been using it for over 8 years simple to use and value for money does it all and the back up is great would not even think of using anything else Rochelle Fisher

Cons

all good we have had no problems since we started and good that they have videos if you need to find out something

value for money

Reasons for switching to Simple Salon

needed a softwear that had more options

Katalina