• icon"Tech support is amazing. Many detailed reports can be generated and the ease of booking appointments is a plus."
  • icon"I love the package set up option since so many businesses sell packages these days. Most software options are lacking that feature."
  • icon"I love the ease of use and the new app available."
  • icon"I'm set up to send out birthday notifications but I believe they all go to Spam so my clients never acknowledge seeing the announcements with their birthday discounts."
  • icon"I realize how ridiculous that sounds but if I'm searching for a con, that would be it."
  • icon"Also when an appointment is cancelled there should be some type of way to track all history."

Browse all ProSolutions Software Reviews

• Have you used ProSolutions Software and would like to share your experience with others?

Perry

Great Support makes for a great product

We are very happy with them. We have used them for a long time, the software works flawlessly, and covers all the possible needs we have.

Pros

The software does everything we need it to do for a salon with 20+ employees. Software is smooth, functional, and the support is the best we have seen. There is usually a wait, but mostly only 2 - 4 minutes and they answer the phone and solve our problem. their American based support is very knowledgeable and always eager to solve the issues we have, which is usually just operational, not faulty software but us adding pieces or moving or upgrading. Very rarely if ever do we have a system issues

Cons

The only issue is that it is a little behind the times in terms of graphics. It might be updated to be smoother, prettier, and flashier.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you for the review, Perry! We strive to give our customers the best support in the industry!

Replied December 2019

Leah

Top notch salon software

I can’t say enough good things about ProSolutions. They are by far my favorite software and favorite company as a whole. They are 100% there to help your business grow. I’ve owned my salon 4 years. This is my 3rd and thank goodness my final software.

Pros

Easy to use and OUTSTANDING SUPPORT . I can’t say enough about the strength of the team of people behind this software. People create success. Without a solid team of people behind the software ...you are Just paying for a known software name and most likely massive software issues. A “name” won’t help your business grow. But people behind the software that care...now that will grow your business.

Cons

Very little. The app for stylist would be the room for growth. But they ARE working on it. This company always listens to ideas to improve. So i have incredible faith the app will rock !

Reasons for choosing ProSolutions Software

They had the easiest check out window , solid inventory control , functional and useful reports. But above all....good people behind the product.

Reasons for switching to ProSolutions Software

Lack of support. Software failures. I would let them know i was having problems and they were never fixed. I would receive a million emails letting me know “work tickets were opened “ And then “closed” then “ tell us how we did “ Yet the problem never changed. Lots of talk , lots of cost ..no action

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you for the kind words, Leah! We love working hard for our clients and being your partner in success!

Replied February 2020

Danielle

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

August 2016

Extremely Frustrated!

We have been using Prosolutions for 18 years. We waited with anticipation for Transcend as it was supposed to be amazing. Ever since we upgraded to Transcend (in Oct 2013 i believe) we have had nothing but problems. The tech support guys are helpful when they can be but unfortunately they are not able to fix the problems that we have. The most frustrating problem is that almost every single time we try to use a debit card for payment, and here in Canada that is how the majority of clients choose to pay, we have to process and swipe the card twice. It is declined the first time and we have to explain to our clients that it is not their card but our software. Very embarrassing! Vantiv has spoken to Prosolutions and told them the answer to the problem and it still has not been fixed. I have repeatedly tried to reach Stephen Wiggins by email and telephone with no reply so I am hoping this review will get someone's attention.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you for the review Danielle. Vantiv recently corrected the problem in their new update which will be implemented into our software shortly. Unfortunately when they finally fixed the problem we were in the middle of a different development project but we are turning our resources over to this now. We understand your frustration and credited your account 5 months worth of your subscription. I can't thank you enough for your many many years of loyalty and I hope to make you a happy customer once again. Sincerely, Stephen Wiggins

Replied August 2016

Jeremy

IT Manager Recommending Transcend Software

I'm the IT Manager for a 350+ room hotel with a fulls service Spa, Salon & Fitness Center. We've been using Prosolutions Spa retail, booking & membership software for approximately 8 years now, first in it's original Prosalon iteration and now in the latest Transcend version. Over the years we've looked at several other pieces of spa software, and while most of the properties in our brand have switched to competitors software, we've been lucky enough to hold out and continue using the Prosolutions software. Functionality is full featured and easy for spa desk agents to begin using without any prior experience....I do have some problems with missing functionality related to dual databases on the same client computers (hence the 4 out of 5 stars for "Features & Functionality" & "Overall Quality"), but this is a unique issue that is not likely to occur for most companies using the software. Additionally their recurring membership billing software has been developed and then revised & adjusted over the past few years, to the point that it's now very stable & easy for our Spa Manager to bill our 300+ Spa members every month. Overall it's well featured, and most importantly they've really stepped up the credit card processing by partnering with Mercury and enabling EMV debit/credit card processing fairly quickly, so customer can utilize chipped cards with a handheld pin pad. Additionally, they've increased the methods by which you can reach their support department. You can now get a hold of them via telephone, email or internet chat. The internet chat feature is especially useful, as they are quick to respond to a new chat session. I still don't appreciate the early closing of support on Fridays, but I'm sure they have their reasons for this. Overall the current version of the Transcend software is in my opinion, the most stable and feature packed software that Prosolutions has offered, and I'm going to continue using it in my Spa, Salon, & Fitness Center!

Gillian

Review from Duncan Edward Salon

Very good

Pros

Love having our software in the cloud, love the online confirmation, love being able to blast emails out to our clients when we have cancellations or the odd slow day. POS.I have been using Prosolutions over 25 years and it just keeps getting better. And love the online chat too.

Cons

I wish when a new feature is added they let me know. Email templates and campaigns are old fashioned design. App design could be better And no Mac version

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Gillian! We're so happy ProSolutions works so well for you and your salon! We do send out newsletters periodically to let our clients know about updates, so make sure to check your spam folders. Also, our cloud version works with Macs except for the ability to process credit cards through the software. Feel free to chat with our support or sales teams on our website with any questions.

Replied February 2019

Tried others, this is my favorite!

Wonderful! I would use it again and highly recommend it!

Pros

The ease of use of this software is unmatched! The reporting functionality by far beats any other software I have used. You can find a report for almost anything you are looking for! Other software comes close, but I've not found another one that can provide me with the numbers and information I really need like Prosolutions. And their customer service is wonderful!

Cons

There really aren't any cons! The only thing I can say is that visually it could be more updated, meaning it looks like an early Mac computer. I realize how ridiculous that sounds but if I'm searching for a con, that would be it. Otherwise it's wonderful!

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you so much for your review. This is what we strive for.

Replied December 2018

Joyce Marie

Industry: Cosmetics

ProSolutions Software makes record keeping easy!

I do like to be able to run reports to see what services are the most popular. I also like seeing the amount of products I have sold per item. This tells me what is my most popular product. I have been very happy with the software.

Pros

I find having my client's skin care service and purchase history at my fingertips a huge asset! It enables me to be able to recommend additional treatments and new products easily.

Cons

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the review, Joyce! We're happy our client history feature works so well for you. Our marketing emails are marked as safe like other marketing email systems, but we'd be happy to look into any spam issues you may be experiencing.

Replied January 2019

Salon Software

We had this software for over 12 years. It was very consistent and never had a problem with crashing or any glitches at all! Online booking and many other features make this software a go to for salons and spas.

Pros

Cons

With all of the reports there are some very important reports that you cannot do. A few bumps in the road over the years.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you for the great review! I wanted to make mention that on top of the over 300 pre-set reports that you can choose from, you also have the ability to generate your own personalized reports. Would you email support@prosolutionssoftware.com with that you're looking for so we can get you the necessary report? Thanks so much!!!

Replied January 2019

The best salon/spa software

I've been using it for almost 20 years because of it's functions and customer support. I looked at and tried several different programs, but always went back to ProSolutions Software. One of the main reasons I rate this so high is customer support never makes you feel like your question is unimportant. They always make us feel like valued clients.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support is outstanding, features, expandable

Cons

I wish I knew how to utilize all of it's features

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thank you so much for the great review! We strive to make everyone feel important. If you'd like to learn more about our features, check out our free online classes at this link: prosolutionssoftware.com/course-sign-up

Elissa

Happy used the same program for 15 years

Pros

We all understand and know how it works. Keeps it simple

Cons

It’s expensive for the few things we use it for.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Elissa! ProSolutions has a lot of features that can help you save time and make money. We offer free, live classes every week to help show you how to get more out of your software. Simply sign up on our website under the "education" tab or you can reach us by clicking the "support" button in your software if you'd like to learn more!

Karlabeth

Prosalon vet efficient

Everything works pretty well. There's only a few things I would like to change, one is if you put a popp up note, I'd like it to show up, cuz if you put a note on the apt. It disappears after the apt. Is rung up! The pop up note would remain, but you have to click on the pop up to see it it would be nice if it would show up as you scan over the apt.

Pros

All the places to put the information about theclient and services

Cons

Sometimes in the morning you go to ring someone up and it says you have to close the drawer and I closed the night before and I know I close and accepted properly! Under what kind of business, they do not offer,( beauty salon, spa, salon, cosmetology!) what's up with that!!!!

Response from ProSolutions Software

Hi Karlabeth, thanks so much for the great review! I'm going to have a representative reach out to you to see if we can determine just exactly what is going on with your specific situation and make sure you get any training you may need. - Prosolutions

Replied February 2017

CSP

Software We've Used for Over 10 Years

I've been with this company for over 12 years of business and I haven't moved away for 3 reasons. The first is that the software can do so much that I don't even use everything it can do. The second is the support is really good. Like any software, it has problems but they have 99.9% of the time been there for me when I needed help and they even have Sat hours which is a plus. And the .1 where I didn't like what happened, they made changes to address this so kudos to them. The third reason is that I have looked at their competitors and as of yet haven't found any that could do what they do for us. So long as they keep this up, I figure we'll stay with their product.

Pros

It has the ability to handle multiple types of spa scenarios from membership and loyalty programs to packages, standing appointments. One of the best features it has is the ability to preprocess a client prior to and put the transaction on hold. We like the reporting and the confirmation functionality.

Cons

Online gift certificates could be smoother and the set number of users per subscription requires that I delete an old employee prior to being able to add a new one.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the review, CSP! We're working on a redesigned online store that will be out very soon. We think you'll love it!

Honest feedback

We have been with Pro Solutions from 2003 and it has been a rocky road at times. There have been years of good support and bad support. The company has transitioned from a full purchased license to a small fee based support to an expensive based package. It now is based on number of operators and as our industry changes its difficult to constantly change within the operator parameters.

Pros

Access to the program from my PC at home allows looking at the schedule for the day, comforting to me that I know what my day’s activity is going to be. Also like that I don’t worry about the software being corrupted by being on my office pc

Cons

Not easy to learn features by a click of a button. Don’t know how to fix missed information from previous days. What to have a help answer by typing in the issue/problems in a question box at any time.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Daniel! We're happy you love the cloud as much as we do. We have tons of support help through our live chat feature, blog posts, how-to instructions, training videos, and live training classes to help with any questions you may have. Check out the Education tab of our website to learn more!

Michelle

Works well

As with any software, there are always pros and cons with any software. Each business has different needs so it helps to make sure that the software fits your individual needs.

Pros

We have had this software for 14 years. We like that it is continually updating and staying up with social media changes. Overall it has been a good fit for our practice. Their on line chat support is outstanding.

Cons

We would like to see an EMR feature and photography capability for our before and after photos. I would like to see more advanced marketing features and text messaging options.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for the great review, Michelle! We're happy our support team is providing you with great service. We do have the ability to store photos in the client profile screen and our DARCI program may have the marketing and text features you're looking for. Feel free to chat with support or sign up for a free DARCI marketing class under the Education tab of our website to learn more!

Lisa

Excellent Software

It’s been great, I’ve been using this software for over 20 years with two different businesses. It has allowed me the flexibility & freedom to manage the numbers the way I see fit. I’ve had several other software companies try to woo me away but can’t see how A newly minted compant could so completely understand our business model.

Pros

I like the ease-of-use, all the functions and data mining that I’m able to do. I’m constantly looking for ways to better the business , being able to take a look at numbers and stats really helps that goal

Cons

There really aren’t any cons, the only thing I would like to suggest is a live person to chat with about technical support. I use on-line support often and sometimes it’s difficult to try to type my questions.

Response from ProSolutions Software

Thanks for your review, Lisa! We do provide unlimited, free telephone support during business hours. Call us at 800-710-3879 and press 2 for support!

Cathy

Review from Beals office

For the most part, the software is really good. The continuing problem that we keep having is when I go to print the closing report, occasionally it will print the day before, and then when I print it by going to "prior closings," it will show a negative over/under amount on the day's report. I have talked to ProSalon people numerous times, and they insist it is something that we are doing on our end. I can tell you it just sometimes does this. I have really watched it. So every time this happens, I have to call them and have them go in and change it. Other than that, everything is good. Thank you.

Pros

I like the ease of it. I like that when I do have the problem previously stated, I have a quick response from the software people, and they fix it very quickly.

Cons

I already stated that: that it occasionally shows a negative over/under amount, even when we do the exact same thing when closing.

Cindy