• icon"The ease of use and simplicity of getting your company line the ability to text."
  • icon"Lots of great features and it's easy to use and set up. If you are a solo attorney or small firm, I recommend this to use your business number to text."
  • icon"This app is amazing, we use it everyday for our clients and makes things like getting pictures sent to us easier and faster."
  • icon"Had some real issues in getting my account up but due not to Zipwhip, rather, because of my inept, phone provider, Ring Central (the worst!)."
  • icon"I am now going through the process of trying to cancel with Zipwhip and their customer support is horrible."
  • icon"I don't like having to use a multistep process when uploading multiple contacts or texting a group. I don't like that texting groups are limited to 50 members."

Browse all Zipwhip Reviews

• Have you used Zipwhip and would like to share your experience with others?

Tracy

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Great for individual communication on a companywide basis

Tim

Texting customers couldn't get much easier

Pros

We have been using ZipWhip for just over a year now. Customers LOVE the ability to send us a text at our service telephone number. Our staff loves the ability to have multiple people logged into the account so that we can see if a customer has been responded to, as well as the ability to look back in the history of texts to see what was discussed previously.

Cons

The company is located in the Pacific time zone, so if I have an issue (Eastern Time Zone) at 8 am, I have to wait an hour for them to get into the support center.

Ruvim

June 2022

I wish ZipWhip was here to stay

Pros

Zipwhip is so easy to use, my grandmother can figure it out. I also love the ability to send MMS photos

Cons

I wish there was RCS integration. I wish there was a location request feature

Reasons for switching to Zipwhip

We wanted to use our office phone number for texting

Jen

Industry: Facilities Services

Nice to set-up landline texting, but messages weren't always getting delivered

It was fine, but frustrating when trying to resolve an issue and couldn't really seem to get any help.

Pros

This software was very easy to use, had many features we needed. Our customers love being able to text our business line and it was easy to add a text button to our website.

Cons

We text our employees a lot and there were times, in a group, not each member would get the message. We went back and forth with customer service a lot and they blamed our cell phone carrier, but our phone carrier confirmed messages were never reaching them. At the time we used this product, they had ZERO compliance tools, so we set out to find a company that could help us with that as well.

Reasons for choosing Zipwhip

The price and features together were better than the others.

Response from Zipwhip

Thank you for your feedback, Jen. We are glad we were able to provide you with texting capabilities that your customers loved. However, we are sorry to hear about your deliverability issues. We looked into your issue again and determined that your messages were being delivered from our network to the phone carrier's network. Once a message leaves our network we work very closely with our carrier partners to ensure deliverability. Issues do occur though, and we act quickly with our partners to remedy any situations. Additionally, Zipwhip has supported a number of compliance and security regulations for many years. You can find out all about them here: https://www.zipwhip.com/compliance/. We apologize if this was not made clear to you and will ensure our customers understand the options available to them. Thank again for sharing your feedback, have a great day!

Replied May 2020

Sierra

Industry: Wholesale

August 2022

Was Great -even though now it is obsolete - Trying to cancel was a hassle

Pros

Liked the desktop feature, the unlimited texts was a nice touch as well compared to most other companies.

Cons

Even though product is obsolete and we were forced to switch, canceling the subscription was difficult and got overcharged for the service. Very disappointing end to our relationship.

Shawn

Industry: Utilities

Exactly what I was looking for

Overall their support is not perfect but very good, most other companies just blow off your request to fix something and at first I thought zipwhip was doing the same but they actually followed through and fixed their app/integration with zoho perfectly.

Pros

Simplicity and integration with Zoho CRM. At first the integration didn't work perfectly as it would only sync messages with contact records and not lead records but after some back and forth they updated the integration and now it works perfectly.

Cons

There are a few features I'd like to see like pulling in additional merge fields from my crm to use in messages but outside of that I love it

Reasons for switching to Zipwhip

I wanted all my agents to use the same number but have separately logged messages and communication history, zipwhip manages multiple users on the same phone number better than any other service I've found and it also integrates with zoho crm nicely

Alan

April 2022

Best Price for a Fair Platform

ZipWhip introduced our business to many features that elevated our standard for client communication at an amazing price point.

Pros

Prior to the acquisition, ZipWhip had by far the best price point for the features offered.

Cons

After being purchased, they divested their customer service to support the new platform offerings.

Reasons for choosing Zipwhip

Better pricing for the offered features.

Tracy

Great for individual communication on a companywide basis

Zipwhip allows us to document as well as communicate. If there is a disciplinary problem, often it has played out via text messages. We use just one number so all of the texts from our caregivers come to the same place and can be dealt with by anyone in the office.

Pros

Zipwhip helps us get in touch with our caregivers individually and in groups when needed. We can also communicate without speaking to caregivers which might interrupt their day with a client.

Cons

Sometimes the messages do not refresh and I miss urgent messages. I'm not sure why this happens on my computer as I have noticed that it doesn't happen to my coworkers' desktops.

Lynnea

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

June 2022

ZW experience

Great platform for quick responses from our reach outs.

Pros

Very easy to use. Good support on the rare occasions it was needed. Portability.

Cons

Sadly that we were not able to continue on with using it. Also did not seem to have options to change alert sounds, but that is it.

Kirsten

Industry: Music

October 2022

Had a great product!

Pros

Great product - wish they weren't going out of business! :( Used them for over a year with no problems!

Cons

They are going out of business soon so the product is not what it was.

Lauren

Industry: Chemicals

November 2022

Great tool!

Pros

We got ZipWhip to diversify the ways our insurance agent's can communicate with our customers. We found that our tech savvy customers picked up to the software very quickly, and would from time to time text our agents with questions. The desktop app is easy to navigate, and the cost was reasonable.

Cons

Sometimes we would have glitches where a notification would fail to make a sound on an agent's computer. This slowed our response time to our customers when this happened.

Michele

Very Basic

Zipwhip has allowed us to have a centralized texting system so that all employees can view communication that affects the company. In that, it has been a positive experience but it has an overall clunky feel.

Pros

I like that everyone on our team can track each other's text messages so we can pick right up where someone else left off when communicating. The Interface is clean and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Zipwhip

Employees were using direct business lines to text from so if they were not in the office for a sick or vacation day then there was potentially a delay in our response time.

Response from Zipwhip

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always working to improve our product and reviews from our customers help us do that! We're glad to hear that Zipwhip is a positive tool for you and your business

Replied December 2019

George

Zipwhip Review

Zipwhip has been a key component to our success in selling tickets for FSU athletics. We are able to reach customers on a better level and open up a line of communication that we never had before. It is hard to imagine succeeding in the sports sales market today without a product like Zipwhip.

Pros

Zipwhip has a very easy interface to use and is very user friendly. All of our sales and service reps use it on a daily basis to get in touch with clients and offers us another avenue/ channel to reach them on a consistent basis. We have found that with the way technology has shaped our every day lives, it was vital for us to keep up with the times and find us a texting service that connects with our land lines in our office.

Cons

With us being on the East coast, it can sometimes be tough to contact someone if we have problems early on in the morning.

Response from Zipwhip

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Zipwhip, George. We're delighted to hear how well our product works for you and your team. Yes, ticket sales and marketing are made so much easier through texting!

Replied August 2019

Joshua

Phenomenal product even for unintended use.

Zipwhip has been amazing and has allowed us to develop a crisis based line around its mobility for our volunteers. I cannot express how amazing the platform is.

Pros

The software platform allows for versatility, mobility, and utility and meets the requirements of our use for the platform. We utilize ZipWhip not for its intended use but as a crisis line for our communities hurting youth.

Cons

I have yet to really have any significant issues with the software. The only thing that I dislike is that the information column is a bit antiquated; however, coming out of ConText this year we had the ability to talk with the developers about the issue and they stated that they will be looking into it.

Reasons for choosing Zipwhip

Honestly, we are a Washington State based organization and ZipWhip is a Seattle based company. I loved that the platform has roots where we live, work, and play.

Reasons for switching to Zipwhip

Prevention Pays Text was a computer based service. We lost a significant amount of volunteers who did not like the idea of having to sit in front of a computer to respond to crisis services.

Ashley

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

We used a free trial version of ZipWhip for 30 days

I would definitely recommend this product. I really liked how user friendly it was. We had a training session with the ZipWhip team and even if we hadn't had that, I'm certain we could have used this product to the best of it's ability. I also really like the customer service team. They were friendly and always available for help. They really wanted us to make the most of the product and were open to any changes or ideas we had to make it even better.

Pros

I work at a small clinical research site, and a huge part of our job is making sure that our patients can get in touch with us if they need us, and that we can get back to them quickly. We have a database system that allows us to text our patients, but the notification that the patient has texted us back only comes to us via email. ZipWhip allows us to get the notification right on our desktop. This was really helpful, because if a patient reached out to us and we were working on something else, we still got that notification. We also like that we could send text messages at a certain time. For some of our visits, patients need to fast, so being able to set up a scheduled text message to remind patients of that was really great. This way we at the site didn't forget, and neither did the patient.

Cons

One thing that was tricky - and it was no fault of ZipWhip - was that patients were getting texts from us from two numbers - the ZipWhip number and the database number that we had previously used. We would really have liked to figure out a way to combine this information so that our patients didn't get confused, but this would require a lot of work.

Lori

Industry: Broadcast Media

Zip Whip

It's a great service and the price point beat anything else we were considering.

Pros

As non profit radio stations, communication and engagement with our listeners is essential. We were looking for options incorporating texting and zip whip was exactly what we needed. People can text to the same number that they use to call us. No extra number or code to remember. It provides two way communication unlike some other options where people can text you but just get automated response. No extra equipment is needed. You can log in to the software on your computer or download the app to a mobile device and you are up and running. The support staff has been awesome to work with. It's a great company.

Cons

It's not built for "bulk" outgoing texts and to send a text to more than just a few people is a bit time consuming and clunky.

Jessey

Helping Us Reach Customers!

Zipwhip has made contacting customers much easier. I find clients are much more likely to respond to a text than a phone call or email. It also makes us a more "with the times" company and we can offer many options for points of contact. I use Zipwhip daily to send appointment reminders and to let clients know when their technicians are on their way. It's an easy and useful way to stay in touch with customers.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and gives us an effective and efficient way of contacting clients. We have the basic profile but I have used the business profile before and love that you can schedule texts to be sent out at later dates/times and you can create templates to make routine texts (for reminders etc) very streamlined.

Cons

Sometimes the system will glitch where it says I have an unread text but they have all been read. Haven't seen this happen recently at all though. Nothing else bad to say really other than they charge in US dollars and we live in Canada.

Reasons for choosing Zipwhip

Had used this product in my previous role in the veterinary industry so I knew it was what we were looking for.

Lori

ZipWhip

It's been a great experience for us. The people we've worked with at ZipWhip have been great.

Pros

ZipWhip is easy to use and provides and affordable solution for two way texting with our listeners. Listeners are able to text to our 800 number, the number that they are familiar with and use for calling. Having texting is especially important for our station that is geared to the younger listener. They are much more likely to engage through texting.

Cons

Can't think of anything that we don't like. The recent upgrade to the software has made group texting easier which is a plus too.

Response from Zipwhip

Thanks for the review, Lori! It's so great to hear that texting is helping you better connect with your listeners. We also appreciate the kind words about our employees. Have a nice day!

Replied December 2019