• Pros

• "It is straight forward, easy to use, and very reliable. When I switched from another telehealth platform to oncallhealth, I received positive feedback from virtually every one of my clients. "

• "I like the user friendly capacity that it provides. Support is given in a easy and time sensitive way."

• "Simplistic and easy to use. Their customer service is very responsive. "

• Cons

• "Lacking needed features for my set up, ongoing tech issues (they were good at trying to solve these), and slightly higher cost than their competitors. "

• "not necessarily a software issue but if the wifi on the other side user is bad, sound and video sometimes gets glitchy"

• "Some of the document management tools can use a bit of refining, but very usable."

Browse OnCall Health Reviews

Joy from Joy Sereda Counselling

Highly Recommend oncallhealth.ca

My clients much prefer OnCall Health over the previous platform. It's reliable, which when doing psychotherapy is very important! Picture and audio quality is very good, and the appointment booking process is quick and easy. The mobile / tablet version is just as straightforward and easy to use as the computer one.

Pros

Cons

Client's have to email support in order to update their payment information.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Joy, thank you for sharing your experience! We strive to create a seamless experience for users across all devices, and we're thrilled to hear that OnCall Health is easy to use and reliable for your practice!

Tash from University of British Columbia

Industry: Research

OnCall Review

Our overall experience has been really pleasant. I truly appreciate all of the great customer service we have received from the team and the tutorials they provided my team to make sure everyone felt at ease using this new system.

Pros

I like that the program is easy to use and navigate. There aren't too many buttons or screens so it was easy to teach the staff I am working with, without the fear of them getting lost within the program

Cons

For our purposes, it would have been really nice to have more options/ freedom to set up patient surveys. As we work in research and need our questionnaires to match as closely as the standardize way they come, having more options would have allowed us to use this option- which was a key feature as to why we decided to increase our plan, and disappointing when it didn't end up working for our purposes.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

It provided us with the "medical" type interface we wanted, as we wanted to look professional and have our patients feel they were getting sound medical treatment- which we didn't feel receiving an email from systems such as Zoom would provide us. There was the option of setting up a roster of patients and setting up surveys (which ended up not working for us, but perhaps one day will) and the system allowed for automatic reminders to patients, which took a lot of work off of our administrators plate.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Tash, we appreciate you sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear that the platform has been easy to use for you and your staff! We're always working on updating and making our platform more user-friendly for our users - stay tuned for more updates coming your way!

JL from Social Enrichment Services

Needs Improvement

It helps aid in the reduction of missed appointments due to reminders and decreases administrative support needed to do this task. However, there are several areas of growth needed to become the electronic file replacement it is designed to be.

Pros

Great for scheduling and reducing administrative duties by sending automatic appointment reminders. Also nice to be able to send intake documents and forms prior/post session as needed.

Cons

The digitization of documents aren't printer friendly when needed and customers find the interface cumbersome according to feedback. Additionally, there isn't a convenient way to pull up case notes without searching individually or records of documentation submitted electronically.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

I was looking to partner with another agency already using the platform.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi JL, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you've found OnCall great for scheduling and automating certain parts of your practice! Documents, such as intake/consent forms, can be exported and saved as PDFs in printer-friendly formats. We do offer an add-on Roster profile feature that would enable you to quickly view all of your patients and search patient profiles in order to get the information you need. Hope this resolves some of the problems you are experiencing!

Sofia from Lux Counselling Collective

Valuable + Cohesive Platform for Mental Health Professionals

Pros

The ease of integrating various forms, client information, and booking all in one space. I appreciate the ability to link my booking page to various platforms and allowing clients to have the ​freedom to book and adjust their sessions when needed. Additionally, providing my clientele with​ various modes of interaction (i.e. messaging, video, phone, in person) is extremely valuable for meeting clients where they are at.

Cons

The inability to upload or input my own forms or remove/edit them. Prior to the Roster feature,​ it was challenging organizing sessions, notes, and client files - this has been a wonderful addition. In regards to payment, it is tricky at times utilizing this platform for individuals who do not have a credit card.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

The incredible customer support and the simplicity​ and cohesiveness of the platform.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Sofia, we appreciate your comprehensive review! We're so thrilled to hear that our platform works wonders for you in so many ways, especially how Roster has been a wonderful addition for you! Thank you for choosing OnCall Health!

Amber from Headstrong Counselling Services

Great Support and One of the best Video Quality Applications

I do believe my overall experience with the platform as been positive. I think there is still some things they can work on like customization features. However, using the platform is easy and it is easy for my clients. In addition to this, the customer support is quick to respond and is also available for my clients so they are not asking me the questions.

Pros

I find that with some of the other options for video sessions with a client can be of low quality. I like that this software allows the client to check their sound and video quality before the session. I have also found that it works well in remote areas when the internet is not the best.

Cons

I do find that it is lacking some features for customization. For example, the receipts it automatically gives to the client does not have a lot of information on it and there is no option to change the formatting. For my clients that need to give the receipt to their insurance companies I have to send them one using my quick books as it includes more information like my license number on it that an insurance company requires.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Amber, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We do offer customization for insurance receipts that you are looking for, such as adding on your license number. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or support line and we would be happy to add this on for you!

Yana from Trillium Relationship Counselling

A bit confusing

I found it rather frustrating-

Pros

I like that it is compliant with Ontario privacy rules

Cons

I found it unstable and frequently had great difficulty joining a meeting and needed customer support to help me.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Yana, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The difficulty you encountered joining a meeting is likely caused by unstable internet connection or poor wifi signal. Video conferencing works best when both users, in this case yourself and your clients, have a strong wifi connection. We're sorry to hear that it's been frustrating for you - please note that our technical support is available 24/7 to help you through any difficulties you may have navigating the software!

Louise from Couple Enrichment

OnCall Health Simplifies Administration for small business

Sales and support are very personalized and the reps have been very helpful in initial setup plus reviewing additions to the platform with me. Also helpful with payment problems.

Pros

Ease of use; payment system; videoconferencing; roster of clients and encrypted notes all in one place.

Cons

Client appointments reminders require the client to go into the software to see details. Inability to record videoconference calls.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

Price, usability, and Canadian owned.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Louise, thank you for sharing your review with us! We're glad to hear that our online billing, videoconferencing, Roster profile, and note-taking features are easy to use and working well for your practice! Sometimes the appointment times in emails tend to pull from the timezones registered within the email platform, which may not always be accurate especially if timezones require manual changes. For instance, times may not be automatically adjusted when daylight savings occurs. Appointment email reminders are set-up as a preventative measure to prompt clients to go into their accounts directly to ensure accurate appointment times and avoid confusion. At this time we do not encourage recording video sessions due to privacy and security reasons; however, note-taking, as well as the ability to send files, is available while sessions are ongoing. Thank you for your kind words for our technical support team and choosing OnCall!

Ashley from Bridge to Hope Counselling and Psychotherapy

Incredible customer service

I researched quite a bit and compared practice management programs while starting up my private practice. OnCall Health was my top choice for its professionalism, security (servers based in Canada, using Stripe for payments), features, and outstanding customer service. From first contact, I had the opportunity to talk to an actual person about package options, pricing, and user functions. OnCall team members guided me through how to use each feature and helped me figure out what would be the best features based on my needs. Since signing up as a customer, I have been connected with a rep to help me with any and all questions (and I have had a LOT as a new sole proprietor!). OnCall Health is ahead of the curve for its customer service and human contact. I don't feel like "just" a user: I feel like a valued customer. Thank you, OnCall Health!

Pros

The customer service makes using the software a user friendly experience. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's easy to use pretty quickly. In addition, I love the security features (Canadian servers) and that it uses Stripe to process payments.

Cons

It's pricier than other programs, but it has a unique, integrated and secure online/video counselling feature. I don't use that currently but if I do in the future, I know it may be extra cost.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Ashley, thank you for sharing such an incredible review! We are so thrilled to hear that our customer success team was able to help tailor the features to your practice and met your expectations! Our customers are our priority and we believe in always providing the best experience for all our users. Thank you for choosing OnCall, and we appreciate your valuable feedback!

Angela from Angela Colangelo Counselling Services

Good product

Generally good. Customer service is good although I haven't had contact with them for a while.

Pros

I like a secure option to offer my clients when they are unable to come in person.

Cons

Sometimes, clients have difficulty accessing it from their end even when I've sent the link. In the past, when I toggle from the video to access something else, I could not return to the video. I don't like the limit of 10 for recurring appts. Would like to be able to set that myself.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

I am an associate of rep in Fergus ON. They use the product and offered it to us.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Angela, thank you for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear that OnCall is a secure option to offer your clients access your services remotely! The reason why you may be experiencing difficulty returning to the video is likely because you already have SVC opened up when you attempted to access something else. The video will continue to run in the background and hence when you attempt to relaunch the session, it will not show up because it's already open your background. When this happens, you could re-open the app for the video session to reappear. Hope this helps and please do reach out to our 24/7 technical support line if you need further clarification on this matter or encounter any other difficulties!

Devan from DevanCecilia Counselling

Industry: Mental Health Care

A great option to add to counselling businesses!

Pros

I love how easy it is to bill clients who use credit card to pay, and that they receive an emailed receipt instantly! Saves lots of time on paperwork that way. I also love that I can pull up my whole history and produce reprinted receipts at any time.

Cons

Clients who do not want to pay via credit card or don't have a credit card still need manual receipts and payment processing in alternate ways. Additionally, it does not store client information or allow for appointment repeats so you have to plug in each appointment individually with their email.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Devan, thank you for sharing your experience! Selecting the "recurring" option feature on the new appointment window will enable you to set recurring appointments on your calendar. We also have a Roster feature that would grant you to ability to create Roster profiles for your patients. From there, you would be able to access client history and status whenever and wherever! If you're looking for more information on Roster, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager!

Greg from Hasu eCounselling

Great tech support. Poor testing and quality control. I would be happier if I was able to customize more of the system as some features don't apply to my network and are confusing. (i.e complete button in texting). I am often told these features can't be modified. As my company grows we need more customization to our volume and size of therapist network.

Pros

Tech support with the rep has been a pleasurable experience and she has been prompt and efficient. We value her support. Over the years the look of the software has become more professional and UI and has improved.

Cons

My concern is the UX. Clients and therapists often have difficulty as OCH tech quality control needs to be improved. New features or customization need to be tested rigorously. I have found errors in tagging and matching provinces and therapists to our three services. I shouldn't be auditing the system regularly to look for mismatch. This has impacted our relationship with our therapists and our contracts.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Greg, thank you for sharing your review with us and valuing the technical support that our team provides! We are sorry that bugs in our features have impacted your relationship with providers, and we understand your needs for customization as your company grows. We really appreciate your patience as we do continue to improve and update our platform! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Erica from CORE Therapy and Assessment Centre

OnCall is a wonderful product with even better customer support!

Overall, I highly recommend OnCall. It meets all of our small-practice needs, and continues to grow as we do! Most importantly, I cannot stress how wonderful their customer support has been. This is one of the main reasons we continue to use OnCall for our practice.

Pros

We are very happy with all the features provided by OnCall, including secure storage for session notes, a roster of clients for each of our clinicians, options for virtual therapy, and ease of payment/generation of receipts. We are currently in the process of exploring the scheduling feature, and are looking forward to adding this to our experience. The OnCall support staff has been readily available for ourselves and our clients when needed - their responses are timely and there is always a live person to talk to in order to help troubleshoot any problems, which means that things get solved quickly and efficiently!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about OnCall.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Erica, thank you for sharing your amazing review with our team! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with all the features and receiving all the support that you and your clients need from our team! We love being a part of your practice's growth, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Theodore from Becker Burrows & Associates

Industry: Mental Health Care

Integral part of our practice

On-Call Health has enabled my practice to be accessible to clients who reside in remote communities, travel frequently, or have other restrictions which make in office attendance difficult. It has allowed me to specialize and focus my practice on select populations/issues. On-Call staff have always been helpful and attentive to the few problems we have experienced in the past. Overall, the platform allows us to focus on therapy as opposed to the supportive technology. In remote communities, it enables us to provide psychological services in a private, time flexible way, removing the dreaded "walk to the clinic on the psychologist's day here".

Pros

Secure, simple to use for both office and clients, stable with little external hardware demands. Client's rarely report trouble with set-up and are able to get support when needed.

Cons

At times video and /or audio can become distorted (although I have noticed this has not occurred over last few months). This typically occurs when clients are in areas of very poor connection services.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Theodore, we're so thrilled to hear that OnCall Health became an integral part of your practice and played a positive role in increasing accessibility for your clients! We're glad that the platform allows you to focus on your practice and connect conveniently with your patients. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us!

Kameela from Elite Counselling & Consulting

Full suite PHIPA compliant platform

I started using OnCall for the online video capability but soon saw it's potential to support many other administrative purposes. Having a booking button on my website, using forms for intake, makes it easy for those looking for service to become clients. I've found the customer service with OnCall has been the best! It's a main reason, I'm reluctant to explore other options.

Pros

Everything is in one place, OnCall is a full client management system integrated with online video platform. Booking (in-person, phone and online clients), cancellations, forms, payment, notes and online video use in one platform streamlines private practice needs.

Cons

In group sessions I wish there was a way to hide email addresses from other participants.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Kameela, thank you for your stellar review of our platform and Customer Success Team! We're so glad to hear that OnCall Health became an all-in-one platform for your practice! Our group video session only shows the name of the participant and never emails. If you are experiencing trouble with this, our Customer Success Team would love to help you out!

Daisy from Clear Presence Psychology

OnCall Health

It is simple for clients to schedule directly on my website as well as to charge clients whose payment information is entered and cards work.

Pros

The ease of scheduling, payment and note taking for clients.

Cons

Sometimes clients have difficulty entering their payment information. I would like to be notified when payments don't go through or for it to take on my main page as it can get missed. I would like that the software would save the email once the notes/payment are processed.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Daisy, thank you for sharing your review with us! If you're looking to save emails once the payment is processed, OnCall does have an add-on Roster profile feature that stores and centralizes all patient data. Currently, our payment notifications only sends patients an email when their payments are not processed through. We thank you for your patience as we update our platform to allow providers to receive emails of the same notification. In terms of your clients experiencing difficulty entering payment information, one of the most common reasons is because spaces are already set up in the fields by default on the payment processing page. Your patients may have added in spaces when inputing their information, which would result in an error. This is one of the many reasons that could lead to difficulties - our 24/7 support team is always available if it's another difficulty that your clients are experiencing! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us - we hope this was helpful!

Chelsea from Village Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

I have found oncall to meet my businesses needs fairly well. I am most often met with help on the other end of the line.

Pros

It has most of the features I require (Messaging, video, booking and invoicing). It is fairly easy to use for both me and my clients.

Cons

I would like to be able to book in person sessions rather than just video or telephone. I would also like to be able to book messaging appointments the same way so thgat it blocked my schedule. I would also like to be able to do my electronic charting on this system. That would be the ideal.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Chelsea, we appreciate you sharing your feedback! Our provider-triggered booking provides the option to invite clients to in-person, phone, or video appointments. Providers also have full control of message-based appointments, and our helpful automations prevent double-bookings and books set in the past. OnCall fully integrates Oscar, an electronic charting system - we also have our Roster feature that allows you to manage and store patient data at ease!

Linda from Heart N' Soul Counselling

Helpful for a small practice

Keeping our clients' information/ communication private is of top priority to us. Oncall is PHIPA AND HIPAA compliant, is a Canadian company that has its servers within Canada, which was a big selling point for me.

Pros

I love the ease of set up and use. The video quality is great - especially when both users have good connections. I also love that the program sends reminders to clients, eliminating no-shows. I tried the online note-taking and scheduling. It was fairly easy to set up (with a little coaching - thank you!) however, my preference is to use pen and paper. Tech support is wonderful. I haven't had many issues, but any that have come up have been dealt with immediately and met with expertise and kind professionalism.

Cons

I'm not too tech savvy, so my preference is to use pen and paper where is comes to scheduling and note taking, therefore I have really only used the video option. The video has from time to time cut out, however the support team made some changes that have (so far) solved the issue.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Linda, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and kind words for our Customer Success team! We're so happy to hear that the video and scheduling feature have been easy to use for you. Asides from being PHIPA and HIPAA compliant, Call Health is also HIPAA compliant for our clients in the US!

Mila from Mila Skeeles Counselling and Psychotherapy

Almost there.

For my purposes thus far OnCall has been increasingly functional and each new development has been very welcome. I have stayed because they have been willing to negotiate pricing with me. However, if OnCall does not keep up with other platforms as my business grows, I may have to look for another platform.

Pros

Recent updates, such as roster and calendar, have made it more user friendly. I also like the video component, although I haven't used it much yet.

Cons

There are still some valuable features missing that other booking platforms have, such as the ability to upload forms myself, monthly stats output, and online booking. Also, I don't like the piece meal pricing. I would prefer to see one price for all the features, and base pricing on volume instead (like OWL Practice).

Solid platform, amazing customer service!

This platform saves me time and keeps my clients' information secure in many ways: dedicated, secure servers, Canadian, cloud (heaven forbid if there's a fire in my office and paper files are destroyed)... And like I said, great customer service.

Pros

Oncall Health has been a lifesaver for my private practice. It gives me back precious time from having to create templates and save separate files, to using their simple to use platform to do notes, process payments, and keep track of appointments. The customer service is bar none! They offer so much support and very quick to respond to any and all questions or concerns. I'm very happy.

Cons

The platform is a little clunky on mobile and sends out a lot it emails (confirmations, receipts, etc) to clients. I don't see that as a con myself, but some clients think it's a bit much. Others find it super helpful. Personally, I wish the calendar was more interactive (its functionality is limited compared to say, Google calendar) but this is a minor aspect for me.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so glad to hear that OnCall has been a lifesaver for your practice and how you've been enjoying the note-taking, payment processing, and appointment-tracking features! We do pride ourselves on our 24/7 tech support - we're easily reachable by phone, email, and live chat!

Laurie from Blaikie Psychotherapy

Review of OnCall Health

I started using OnCall Health to be able to meet with clients on-line. This is the only product that I found that took into account my concerns about confidentiality and the fact that the servers are located in Canada.

Pros

I really like that I can see my list of upcoming client meetings in one spot. I also really like that the software remembers previous information about my client set up (i.e. name, email, etc.) so that I don't have to retype this information when setting up a next appointment.

Cons

Once I've logged in to start a session with a client, I have to go through multiple steps to start the session (i.e. download the software to get started). It would be great to just hit "join video session" and be right there.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Laurie, we're so glad to hear that you're really liking our automation feature that helps to recall previous client information! The steps that take you through set-up before your video session is to help you familiarize with our software and prevent any difficulties from arising during your session! We want to make sure that you and your clients are comfortable with the set-up before the meeting takes place. This typically only happens the first time you use the software and any sessions taking place after should take you directly to the video session. If you encounter any difficulties, please reach out to our support team that's available 24/7!

Ashley from Mind Online

Local, HIPPA compliant, expensive

Great for my first year in business but looking for more cost effective ways moving forward

Pros

Happy servers are local and emails are answered quickly. Lots of add ons in one place.

Cons

I do enjoy the software, have had issues with clients being unable to get answers for trouble shooting issues. Instant messaging delays, intake forms Are no longer being delivered to clients automatically as expected. The amount taken off via stripe is not worth it. Easier to by pass stripe and use e transfers. Set up was not as easy as hoped.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

Local servers, mostly all in one components

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Ashley, we're sorry to hear that your clients have had trouble reaching our tech support team. Our tech support is available 24/7 for troubleshooting via email, phone, and live chat. Our team would also be happy to help you with your intake forms and walk you through set-ups if you have any difficulties. Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Irene from Transforming Tides Counselling

Excellent support team

Pros

The software is user friendly, and it's easy to navigate and to set up new client accounts. I also appreciate the function of being able to message clients while in a video session.

Cons

Sometimes when I change the time of a session with the editing option, the connection doesn't work as well.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Irene, we're so glad to hear that you're liking OnCall's ease-of-use and our instant-based messaging feature! Did you know that you could also take notes and send documents during video sessions? If you need any guidance as to how this works, please do not hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 tech support team!

Melissa from Russiano Consulting Services, LLC

Telehealth Solution

Pros

OnCall is a user friendly platform that allows ease of access for telehealth on both the provider, as well as the client experience. I really like the option to invite more than one individual which has been helpful when pulling additional members of a family into a session without all crowding around a single computer monitor.

Cons

The chat section of the live session is great for during the session, but it would be helpful to have an option to save or convert into a part of the record for the client to refer back to. I typically cut/paste it into another note or message for the client so that what was discussed can be documented, while also helpful for the client to access.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Melissa, thank you for sharing your review with us and feedback on how we can better our live chat support! We love hearing that our platform is user-friendly and how you've been enjoying our video conferencing sessions that allows up to 15 participants at one time! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

EVA from Make Life Happen Counselling

On Call is Excellent

Above answers this

Pros

As a professional counsellor on call is a must. For setting appointments from my website, which gets me both new and returning clients to client appointment reminders, which decrease no shows and keeps my operational monies flowing better. Easy to use software.

Cons

Nothing. During the time I have been with on call there have been developments and each one very helpful. Mostly I just have to do my part and it runs well.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Eva, thank you for sharing your amazing review! We're so glad that you've been enjoying OnCall's easy-to-use features! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Kelly from Oak Roots Therapy

On Call Review

Pros

I was impressed with the ease of use of the software, as I am not a particularly skilled technical professional. The support and training provided through the company was excellent, they are patient and easy to connect with through phone calls or email for support calls.

Cons

Although the use of video counselling is a part of the pricing, as a new practitioner it was difficult to justify a higher monthly expense before knowing if video counselling would be a large part of my new business.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Kelly, we're so glad to hear that you are impressed with OnCall's ease of use as well as the support and training you receive from our team to get you started! The video conferencing feature could help you reach new and existing patients remotely. It's very easy to set up these video sessions for you and your clients - it only requires a device, internet connection, and webcam if it doesn't already come with one of your devices. We do have a guide that shows you how you can introduce your clients to use OnCall, which can be found in your provider portal under "Invite New Clients to use OnCall Health"! It's a great 5-minute to get you started. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and choosing OnCall!

Jennifer from JG Counselling

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Making on-line counselling possible.

I am able to provide on-line counselling to clients who could not otherwise access services. Clients can go about their work day, school schedule out of town all while maintaining their therapy schedule and meeting their needs.

Pros

I love the idea that it works as an office. I can schedule appointments, send reminders, create notes, send documents, send invoices.

Cons

The functionality of the audio is not always stellar. Payment is through Stripe. While this is easy, I lose a percentage of my fee and reading the Stripe website is not ever clear.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Jennifer, we love that OnCall made online counselling possible and reachable anywhere and everywhere for your clients! With our all-in-one platform, we aim to make OnCall as user-friendly and accessible as possible throughout the whole process from booking appointments, note-taking, to online billing - we're so glad that the platform functions as an office for you! Thank you for sharing your review with us!

Leslie from Leslie Ross Counselling

OnCall Health

Pros

I like the fact that it's a secure Canadian online platform. I also like the new roster feature which I find very easy to use. I also like the customer support. I have found them to be extremely responsive and attentive when I've run into any difficulties.

Cons

I find the picture quality not as good as other online platforms. Also at times I have had some issues with clients being able to use OnCall and have had to switch to another platform for that client. Generally it works well.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Leslie, thank you for sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're liking the Roster feature and our customer support team! We are indeed based in Canada and offering compliance in both Canada and the US! The issues that you may be experiencing with having to switch to another platform might be due to slow or poor internet connections. This could impact you and your clients' video quality and ability to connect. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Julie from Dalton Associates

Not user friendly

I will be going off on extended sick leave in January, and while I will not be able to physically go to the office, I would like to be able to stay connected with my clients using video services. I would also like to extend my practice beyond my geographical borders, by providing distance services for clients who live outside my city. I would suggest adding more tabs, and enabling the site for users so that it is easier to navigate. For example, I would like to upload my own forms into the directory to make it easier to use - how would I do that? A tutorial to remind users of how to connect clients to the service would also be useful.

Pros

I like the concept of this software - being able to work with clients remotely, especially in bad weather, or if I am away from the office for an extended time, I can still see clients.

Cons

I find this software to be not user friendly at all. To schedule a new appointment I have to click on "messages". Even after appointments have been scheduled, they don't show up on my roster. Clients don't know how to get connected to the video messaging features. There are no tabs, drop-down menus, or even a quick access help button. All of the product features that are touted in the monthly updates are absent from my screen. It has been so long since I tried to use the software, that I can't remember how to connect to video messaging - and I don't want to make this more stressful for my clients. This is why I haven't bothered to use it.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied December 2019

Hello Julie, We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our product! It seems like there may be some confusion regarding how to use the software based on your review above, and we would be more than happy to connect with you and clarify. A member of our team will reach out to you to discuss your account to ensure the steps for booking and participating in an appointment are clear. The monthly feature updates are features that are being added to our platform, many of which require the intervention of your Customer Success Manager to activate. They will not, unless otherwise specified, immediately be visible in your account. If you need support in the future, there is also a drop down menu in the top right hand corner of your account where you can get in contact directly with our customer support team. You can find this under your name in your account and clicking on the menu option called 'Questions? Contact support'. Thank you! - OnCall Health Support Team

John from Schurmann Counselling & Life Coaching

OnCall Platform Review

It is a wonderful added figure for my business. I am able to connect with clients who are not able to come to my office in person.

Pros

1) easy, simple, and friendly to use 2) quick to schedule an appointment. 3) love the payment option 4) clear video and voice connection

Cons

1) video clarity could be better 2) like to option to sent articles to my clients.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi John, we love to hear all the features that you're loving from OnCall! Video clarity is variable depending on your wifi connection - the stronger your wifi signal the better the quality of the video. There is also an option to send instant messages and attach files (text, video, and audio) to send to your clients during the video session! If you have any trouble navigating these features, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support line!

Maritza from Rodriguez-Arseneau Psychotherapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

OnCall is a great asset to business expansion.

OnCall has been a great asset to my business. It is very easy to use. It is easy to use and learn even for technologically challenged individuals. Customer Service has been excellent and attentive.

Pros

I love that the platform is HIPAA and PIPEDA compliant. This is THE reason I chose OnCall. The customer service has been good. I also love how the payment from the client is incorporated into the system. It works very smoothly. It is also expanding and new great features are constantly being added which makes the software even easier to use.

Cons

As the software improves and features are added, it becomes increasingly more expensive and the small upgrades add up to a significant increase for small businesses.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Maritza, thank you for your kind words for our Customer Success Team and OnCall's platform! We're so glad that you're loving the ease-of-use and payment processing system online with our HIPPA and PIPEDA+PHIPA software. We're committed to providing the best user experience and constantly looking to improve our platform by adding new features - stay tuned for more updates!

Kayla from BreeLove Counselling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great start for online practice

Having oncall health offers a different choice to clients and abilities to be more flexible for supervision.

Pros

Easy to use platform, like the option of uploading documents, messaging and video all in one.

Cons

It cuts out alot and at times, video does not work.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Kayla, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying OnCall's easy-of-use! The video conferencing sessions work best when both you and your patients have connections to a strong wifi signal. This would minimize you chances of experiencing disconnections and bad video quality. Hope this helps!

Grace from Moonlight Counselling

I have been able to expand my business online to provide clients with access to counselling services and eliminate travel as a barrier.

Pros

The software is user friendly and a great way to connect to clients via technology that can be used anytime. Tech support is very responsive! They are adding new features all the time.

Cons

Depending on internet connection of user, sometimes the video feed freezes.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Grace, we're really glad to hear that you've been able to take your practice online with OnCall! We love to hear that you've found OnCall user friendly and a great alternative to practicing remotely! The "freezing" you experience with video sessions is unfortunately likely to be internet-related. To ensure that your video sessions run smoothly, it's best for both you and your clients to connect to a strong wifi signal. Thank you for choosing OnCall and sharing your feedback!

Durel from Heartspring Therapy

Great for tele-mental health

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it offers the capability of facilitating clients by video, increasing accessibility of service. I also like the fact that it adheres to PHIPA & PIPEDA, and it's a Canadian company.

Cons

The cost for what it provides is a bit prohibitive.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Durel, we appreciate you sharing your feedback! We're so glad to hear that OnCall increases the accessibility of your practice and we are indeed complaint in both Canada and the US to ensure that all patient data is securely protected! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Ashley from Ashley Phillips Counselling

Much room for improvement

It has been a stressful experience. Using the program has increased my work load and have had close calls with clients missing their appointments. It has been benefical to have the video conference feature and this has helped me land new clients.

Pros

- I must approve appointments before it is confirmed by the client - tech support for clients if they have troubles with the video conference - direct credit card billing and receipts sent in one easy click of a button

Cons

- It is not user-friendly or intuitive to use as a clinician - Secure messaging system is not linked to client roster - you must manually enter in their name, email address to send clients messages / files - Appointment times are not being saving correctly in client calenders and email reminders only include date (not time). Client have to login to the system to check; however, most clients do not do this. - Lack of control - I have to be in contact with OnCall constantly for any changes that need to be made

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Ashley, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! Securing messaging and notes that you've taken show up alongside with Roster. Appointment times are not being saved properly because Outlook unfortunately does not account for daylight savings - the best way to work around this is for patients to log into their accounts directly so they won't just be seeing their appointment date reminders in emails! We do also provide the option to charge cancellation-fees, which is tied to our automatic payment processing feature online, to prevent no-shows and late appointments. We hope this helps, Ashley, and if at any time you have any confusion or trouble, please do not hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 tech support or your Customer Success Manager!

Charlene from Bloomosity Psychotherapy

Review of On Call Health

Pros

I liked that on-line therapy and scheduling/billing is combined in one platform. The invoicing/scheduling is pretty straightforward when working on a PC. I like that I can view all of my appointments across multiple locations in the PC calendar.

Cons

It is more difficult to use the mobile version of the software. On the PC, it remembers my clients but on mobile it doesn't. This means I have to wait to use the PC to log in my appointments since it's too cumbersome to find the emails to populate. Also, cannot see the calendar view on mobile.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Charlene, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us! We're so glad to hear that the software is easy to navigate on your PC! Our mobile app is new and we are currently working on improving our software to increase user experiences on mobile devices. Please stay tuned for updates in the coming months, and thank you for choosing OnCall Health!

Susan from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Great Platform

Great platform....great service. The team at OnCall is always there to help.

Pros

I love the OnCall Platform. It put my clients at ease knowing that it is secure and reliable.

Cons

I am only interested in the video conferencing component of the platform but have to pay for all the other services availble....

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Susan, thank you for placing your trust in OnCall Health for 2+ years and sharing your feedback with us! Our commitment to providing a secure and reliable experience is our top priority and yes - we're always here to help with our 24/7 tech support!

Ashley from Real Life Counselling

Recommending OnCall

Pros

What I like best about OnCall is knowing I'm using a platform that's secure and private.

Cons

There's a few extra "bells and whistles" which I don't find are necessary. Occasionally client's have trouble connecting to the video call.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Ashley, thank you for sharing your feedback! We love to hear that you love using our secure and private platform. The difficulties your clients have experienced connecting to video calls is likely due to not having a strong wifi/internet connect. For video calls to work best, it's best to ensure that both you and your clients are connected to strong internet signals. As always, our technical support team is available 24/7 to help you navigate through any difficulties you may encounter. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Cory from Insight Psychological Inc

good program

allows us to reach all of Alberta and the Yukon in providing consultation and counselling

Pros

we have reviewed numerous platforms and we have chosen to go with oncall for our practice. it is easy to use and confidential. it's now just one click and go

Cons

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Cory, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! The video calls work best with a strong wifi signal to reduce any connection issues you might have, such as glitchy sound and video issues that you've been experiencing. We're glad that the platform has helped you reach clients in other areas and provinces!

Nicole from Lighthouse Counselling and life Coaching

Great Service all around

Having the ability to charge missed appointments fees has been helpful

Pros

Payment processing at ease I love the new roster feature, make adding appointment seamless My support staff have been great and consistent from the beginning

Cons

There is nothing wrong with software, but as a business, I didn't use the video option as much I wish we did. Clients just were not interested.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Nicole, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're sorry to hear that your clients haven't been using the video option as much as you hoped them to! If you're not finding the video feature as helpful, we hope that you've been enjoying other features on the platform, such as scheduling, appointment reminders, instant-based messaging, to name a few! We love that you're loving the Roster feature and our Customer Success Team, and we hope to continue to bring more features that you'll love!

Judith from Kyokan Connections

Solved many private practice issues!

I have really enjoyed being able to host training workshops online without having to book a space and all the other preparation that goes with live "onsite" programs. OnCall Health has made this so easy! I have also really appreciated the support that staff at OnCall Health have offered in learning how to use and setting up the platform.

Pros

OnCall Health's platform has been user friendly - for me and my clients. I like being able to set my own availability on the scheduler, screen share, and host online groups as easily as individual clients. As a Canadian therapist, I especially appreciate that this platform (being a Canadian business located within Canada) works within Canadian health information privacy regulations.

Cons

I haven't had any struggles with the platform, so there really hasn't been anything that I don't like about it.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Judith, thank you for the kind words you have to say about OnCall and our support team! We're so glad to hear that our platform has helped you solve many private practice issues and that you've been enjoying our user-friendly features, like scheduling and hosting online groups. OnCall is a PHIPA and PIPEDA compliant software - providing a secure experience for our clients is always our top priority!

Amanda from Hazen Psychotherapy Services

Good Quality Video

Overall no real issues

Pros

My clients enjoy the apt reminders and video easy to use

Cons

Basic package is pricey. Additional features cost extra.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Amanda, we're glad that your clients have found the reminders helpful and the platform easy to use! Thank you for choosing OnCall Health!

patricia from The Calgary Therapy Institute Inc.

User Friendly and Support Driven

Lots of immediate response and ideas on how to develop product that can further enhance the overall business.

Pros

Cons

This was not relevant to me as I did not find any concerns with the product.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Patricia, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're so glad to hear that you've found OnCall user-friendly and our support team meeting your expectations! We're always happy to share ideas on how to best integrate OnCall into your business, which you can also read about in guides and articles in your Provider Portal, so you can enhance your practice! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Janice from Janice Hall Psychotherapy

Using on call

Pros

Quality of video call good. Good support for services.

Cons

A bit complicated to get clients to join in and schedule meeting Difficult to set up billing

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Janice, your feedback is much appreciated! Our support team would be happy to walk you through any complications you may be experiencing with joining appointments, scheduling, and online billing - we are available 24/7 via email, phone call, and live chat!

Jelani from Thrive CBT

Pretty solid software

Pros

The system is easy to set up and use. Clients have also found it easy to use. The video quality is good.

Cons

I've dealt with a few dropped calls. Clients with older laptops have also had some issues.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Jelani, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We love to hear that OnCall is easy to set up and use! To prevent dropped calls, it's best to ensure that both you and your clients are connected to a strong wifi signal. This would reduce bad video quality, any lag/glitch, and any dropped calls for both parties! We appreciate your review, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Sandra (Sandy) from Sandra S. Sidla Counselling & Psychotherapy

OnCall Review on Wednesday June 13, 2019

OnCall allows me to continue to work with clients (who generally come into the office) if they cannot get to my office due to a snow storm or transportation issue, and I am able to see several clients who are out of the area.

Pros

That it is PHIPA compliant, made in Ontario, there is no freezing and it easy easy to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of at this time.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Sandra, we're so glad that OnCall was able to help you reach clients more conveniently! Not only is OnCall PHIPA and PIPEDA compliant, we are also HIPAA for those located in the US! Thank you for sharing your review!

Camilla from Dalton Associates

Great option for secure communications

Pros

I like the fact that payment is handled by OnCall. I also like that emails and reminders are sent to the clients.

Cons

It requires set up. ZOOM conferencois easy. OnCall requires you to be familiar in advance if using the software

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Camilla, thank you for sharing your feedback! We do not require any of our clients to be familiar with ZOOM beforehand. We walk our clients through set-up and provide coaching sessions on product features to help our clients ease into comfortability of use and navigation with our software. Our 24/7 bilingual tech support team is always here to help if you ever run into any problems!

Theresa from PACE Therapeutic Services

OnCall Health

I find the customer service department is available and has responded to every question I’ve had. I use the system extensively for notes, scheduling appointments, appointment reminders. Some of my clients like the ease for which it allows the option of inputting payment information thereby decreasing that process during sessions. I can send official receipts to clients and also send and receive forms. I also very much appreciate the ability to document securely.

Pros

I like the ease of using the OnCall Health platform. It sends reminders to clients about their appointments and keeps everything in one system, notes, appointments and profiles.

Cons

That I am not able to change email addresses.

Reasons for Choosing OnCall Health

The privacy and confidentiality processes.

Samantha from Samantha Banton Smith

This Platform Has Been A Great Support

I didn't realize what I was missing out on until I had an online system for taking notes and keeping track or clients.

Pros

I like that I can keep my notes online and that I have a secure platform that is BCACC approved for video sessions and notes. The customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

In the beginning it was missing a few features that I really wanted, like the client roster. Customer service answered all of my questions and was quick to give me updates as new features rolled out.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Samantha, thank you for your amazing review and sharing your kind words for our Customer Success Team! We love that you're loving the platform and new features that we've added recently, like Roster. Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Sherry from Sherry Lynn Psychotherapy

Great system

Customer support has been timely and helpful - both for me and my clients.

Pros

Able to connect with clients on line in a safe HIPPA-compliant way.

Cons

Maximum of 15 people can attend an online meeting.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Sherry, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! We recommend a maximum of 15 people in one video call at this time to avoid any technical issues that may arise surrounding bandwidths. We're always working on coming up with solutions to accommodate our users - this is something that we will look into!

Emma from Emma Richardson Counselling

Great! But a little inconsistent

Thankful for the quick responses!

Pros

I love the security and ease of use. It is easy for my clients to figure it out and I am confident in the support provided by OnCall if they or myself need help.

Cons

This is mostly internet related but sometimes the calls do not connect or they drop. This is really difficult when doing therapy.

Response from OnCall Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Emma, thank you for sharing your user experience with us! We love that you love the security and ease of use of the platform, as well as your confidence in our support team to help you resolve any problems you come across! Thank you for choosing OnCall, and we appreciate your feedback!