OnCall Health Software Reviews

OnCall Health Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"I like the fact that it's a secure Canadian online platform. I also like the new roster feature which I find very easy to use."
  • icon"It’s easy for customers and therapists. There aren’t too many moving parts."
  • icon"I like the UI and the dashboard is nice and easy to organize."
  • icon"All of the product features that are touted in the monthly updates are absent from my screen."
  • icon"Too bad I have it in my package but can’t use it as it takes that long."
  • icon"CONNECTION - quite often there is a drop in the connection."

Browse all OnCall Health Reviews

• Have you used OnCall Health and would like to share your experience with others?

Kim

Time used: Free Trial

Easy to use, user-friendly, simple, compliant with PHIPA

Carlton

Secure and Easy to Use

My overall experience with OnCall Health has been extremely positive. The orientation was thorough and the support for my clients is excellent. The cost is a little high but I like the peace of mind of knowing that I am paying for a quality product that takes security of patient information seriously, and that is easy to use.

Pros

OnCall Health has made it possible for me to maintain a fulltime virtual practice through the pandemic. I started using it before COVID as a means of reaching out to clients across Ontario. I like that it is Canadian-based and that the data remains on Canadian servers, and that they meet PHIPA requirements. I like its ease of use. The Help Desk is phenomenal. My clients can contact them directly for difficulties with setup. I am especially thrilled about the recent integration with Zoom. This has made the system even easier for my clients to use.

Cons

The only thing I'm having difficulty implementing is the online forms. I'm lazy. I am slow to design and implement my forms so it's not getting done. By contrast another company that I deal with offers prepackaged outcome measures and even scores them for me and shows me the graphs. Now that would take my practice up a notch.

Tash

Industry: Research

OnCall Review

Our overall experience has been really pleasant. I truly appreciate all of the great customer service we have received from the team and the tutorials they provided my team to make sure everyone felt at ease using this new system.

Pros

I like that the program is easy to use and navigate. There aren't too many buttons or screens so it was easy to teach the staff I am working with, without the fear of them getting lost within the program

Cons

For our purposes, it would have been really nice to have more options/ freedom to set up patient surveys. As we work in research and need our questionnaires to match as closely as the standardize way they come, having more options would have allowed us to use this option- which was a key feature as to why we decided to increase our plan, and disappointing when it didn't end up working for our purposes.

Reasons for choosing OnCall Health

It provided us with the "medical" type interface we wanted, as we wanted to look professional and have our patients feel they were getting sound medical treatment- which we didn't feel receiving an email from systems such as Zoom would provide us. There was the option of setting up a roster of patients and setting up surveys (which ended up not working for us, but perhaps one day will) and the system allowed for automatic reminders to patients, which took a lot of work off of our administrators plate.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Tash, we appreciate you sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear that the platform has been easy to use for you and your staff! We're always working on updating and making our platform more user-friendly for our users - stay tuned for more updates coming your way!

JL

Needs Improvement

It helps aid in the reduction of missed appointments due to reminders and decreases administrative support needed to do this task. However, there are several areas of growth needed to become the electronic file replacement it is designed to be.

Pros

Great for scheduling and reducing administrative duties by sending automatic appointment reminders. Also nice to be able to send intake documents and forms prior/post session as needed.

Cons

The digitization of documents aren't printer friendly when needed and customers find the interface cumbersome according to feedback. Additionally, there isn't a convenient way to pull up case notes without searching individually or records of documentation submitted electronically.

Reasons for choosing OnCall Health

I was looking to partner with another agency already using the platform.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi JL, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you've found OnCall great for scheduling and automating certain parts of your practice! Documents, such as intake/consent forms, can be exported and saved as PDFs in printer-friendly formats. We do offer an add-on Roster profile feature that would enable you to quickly view all of your patients and search patient profiles in order to get the information you need. Hope this resolves some of the problems you are experiencing!

Sofia

Valuable + Cohesive Platform for Mental Health Professionals

Pros

The ease of integrating various forms, client information, and booking all in one space. I appreciate the ability to link my booking page to various platforms and allowing clients to have the ​freedom to book and adjust their sessions when needed. Additionally, providing my clientele with​ various modes of interaction (i.e. messaging, video, phone, in person) is extremely valuable for meeting clients where they are at.

Cons

The inability to upload or input my own forms or remove/edit them. Prior to the Roster feature,​ it was challenging organizing sessions, notes, and client files - this has been a wonderful addition. In regards to payment, it is tricky at times utilizing this platform for individuals who do not have a credit card.

Reasons for choosing OnCall Health

The incredible customer support and the simplicity​ and cohesiveness of the platform.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Sofia, we appreciate your comprehensive review! We're so thrilled to hear that our platform works wonders for you in so many ways, especially how Roster has been a wonderful addition for you! Thank you for choosing OnCall Health!

Amber

Great Support and One of the best Video Quality Applications

I do believe my overall experience with the platform as been positive. I think there is still some things they can work on like customization features. However, using the platform is easy and it is easy for my clients. In addition to this, the customer support is quick to respond and is also available for my clients so they are not asking me the questions.

Pros

I find that with some of the other options for video sessions with a client can be of low quality. I like that this software allows the client to check their sound and video quality before the session. I have also found that it works well in remote areas when the internet is not the best.

Cons

I do find that it is lacking some features for customization. For example, the receipts it automatically gives to the client does not have a lot of information on it and there is no option to change the formatting. For my clients that need to give the receipt to their insurance companies I have to send them one using my quick books as it includes more information like my license number on it that an insurance company requires.

Reasons for switching to OnCall Health

I needed a video option and OWL does not yet have this option.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Amber, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We do offer customization for insurance receipts that you are looking for, such as adding on your license number. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or support line and we would be happy to add this on for you!

Raymond

Industry: Mental Health Care

It's nice to know a video session is always On*Call when I need it

Overall the experience has been positive. The calls that get disconnected are relatively few and the ability to relaunch the session quickly is convenient.

Pros

As an end-user, I find the platform to be easy to use and fairly intuitive. With very few exceptions, all of the clients I have sent invitations to have been able to access the meetings without difficulty.

Cons

I would like to see an update which allows for notifications when an email is entered incorrectly. On two or three occasions, I have made errors when typing in email addresses for clients. When I do that from my email server, I get a notification that my message was undeliverable. However, within the platform there is no such notification, leaving me with the mistaken impression I have delivered the link to the client. This leaves me looking unprofessional, while simultaneously giving me the impression the client has chosen not to attend their session.

Reasons for switching to OnCall Health

It was a COVID related decision by the company I work for. Previously, the platform decision was not a coordinated, centralized effort by the organization.

Philip

Industry: Mental Health Care

A positive shift to provision of virtual services

I've recommended and purchased this platform for my two partners. They've also been pleased.

Pros

Very easy and quick to set up and get started - all in one day.

Cons

There are some features that could be more flexible. If I want to change from an in-person appointment to a virtual appointment session, I have to cancel rather than edit the appointment, then make a new one.

Reasons for choosing OnCall Health

A colleague had recommended it and I like that it's Canadian.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Philip, Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. We always love hearing from our customers and are happy that you have found value in our platform! We will give your feedback about the appointment flexibility to our product team. Thank you! The OnCall Team

Replied December 2020

Tahereh

Improvements on some areas

Overall I would say Ok

Pros

App, works on all devices, forms, roster features

Cons

Clients have complained about: 1- inaccessibility of forms; one couldn’t fill out forms as couldn’t locate them even though I could see the forms on her account 2- some clients complained that they didn’t hear from customer service quickly and didn’t want to use the platform and I had to use zoom instead 3- the online payment processing takes 5 days and is not acceptable. Too bad I have it in my package but can’t use it as it takes that long.

Reasons for switching to OnCall Health

Wanted to support Canadian companies during the pandemic

Renata

Simple but a few things to mention

Pros

Easy to use, simple interface, not overly complicated and cost-affordable

Cons

Doesn't integrate with EMR like practice better or Jane, so you basically have to maintain two schedules; you cannot send meeting invites again, titles of appointments have to be entered manually

Seemed the most cost effective while being PIPEDA + HIPPA compliant

Ana

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

June 2022

OnCall for Virtual Therapy needs

OnCall is a very user friendly tool and the customer services is readily available when you need some assistance. The meetings with our rep are a great opportunity to discuss wishlists and areas where we need more assistance around. OnCall really works with their customers to help streamline work and provides suggestions to help improve the services.

Pros

User friendly and great customer service. Love the analytics part of the administrative access. You can view these reports at any time.

Cons

A bit more functionality on the forms would be wonderful.

Leo

Good product but expensive

It has been ok. I am considering other options presently due to the price.

Pros

Customer support Digital forms Payment system integrated

Cons

Price and services are not full available to all customers.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Leo, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are sorry to hear that the price is not working out for you. I will have an account manager reach out to you so we can see what we can do to improve your experience. Thank you for your feedback! The OnCall Team.

Replied December 2020

Devan

Industry: Mental Health Care

A great option to add to counselling businesses!

Pros

I love how easy it is to bill clients who use credit card to pay, and that they receive an emailed receipt instantly! Saves lots of time on paperwork that way. I also love that I can pull up my whole history and produce reprinted receipts at any time.

Cons

Clients who do not want to pay via credit card or don't have a credit card still need manual receipts and payment processing in alternate ways. Additionally, it does not store client information or allow for appointment repeats so you have to plug in each appointment individually with their email.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Devan, thank you for sharing your experience! Selecting the "recurring" option feature on the new appointment window will enable you to set recurring appointments on your calendar. We also have a Roster feature that would grant you to ability to create Roster profiles for your patients. From there, you would be able to access client history and status whenever and wherever! If you're looking for more information on Roster, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager!

Greg

Great tech support. Poor testing and quality control. I would be happier if I was able to customize more of the system as some features don't apply to my network and are confusing. (i.e complete button in texting). I am often told these features can't be modified. As my company grows we need more customization to our volume and size of therapist network.

Pros

Tech support with the rep has been a pleasurable experience and she has been prompt and efficient. We value her support. Over the years the look of the software has become more professional and UI and has improved.

Cons

My concern is the UX. Clients and therapists often have difficulty as OCH tech quality control needs to be improved. New features or customization need to be tested rigorously. I have found errors in tagging and matching provinces and therapists to our three services. I shouldn't be auditing the system regularly to look for mismatch. This has impacted our relationship with our therapists and our contracts.

Reasons for switching to OnCall Health

Customization opportunity. Tech support.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Greg, thank you for sharing your review with us and valuing the technical support that our team provides! We are sorry that bugs in our features have impacted your relationship with providers, and we understand your needs for customization as your company grows. We really appreciate your patience as we do continue to improve and update our platform! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Danielle

OnCall Saved Me!

OnCall is fundamental to my practice and I don't know how I would operate without it now. From scheduling clients, to having them complete forms online, to providing a secure platform for me to offer virtual sessions to clients, and so much more. It's freed my time previously spent on admin to grow my practice.

Pros

Before OnCall, hours of my time were spent each week on emails, phone calls and texts going back and forth with clients to schedule. OnCall has streamlined the administrative operations of my practice, making it easy for my clients to book an appointment and freed up space for me to focus on providing therapy.

Cons

Integration was pretty seamless. The one difficulty is that the billing feature is not compatible with my current bookkeeping software, this has been somewhat of a challenge particularly due to the fact that part of my practice involves third-party billing to insurance companies.

The video conferencing feature

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Danielle, Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are very happy to hear that we have been able to save you time in managing your practice! Thank you, The OnCall Team

Replied September 2020

Ashley

Incredible customer service

I researched quite a bit and compared practice management programs while starting up my private practice. OnCall Health was my top choice for its professionalism, security (servers based in Canada, using Stripe for payments), features, and outstanding customer service. From first contact, I had the opportunity to talk to an actual person about package options, pricing, and user functions. OnCall team members guided me through how to use each feature and helped me figure out what would be the best features based on my needs. Since signing up as a customer, I have been connected with a rep to help me with any and all questions (and I have had a LOT as a new sole proprietor!). OnCall Health is ahead of the curve for its customer service and human contact. I don't feel like "just" a user: I feel like a valued customer. Thank you, OnCall Health!

Pros

The customer service makes using the software a user friendly experience. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's easy to use pretty quickly. In addition, I love the security features (Canadian servers) and that it uses Stripe to process payments.

Cons

It's pricier than other programs, but it has a unique, integrated and secure online/video counselling feature. I don't use that currently but if I do in the future, I know it may be extra cost.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Ashley, thank you for sharing such an incredible review! We are so thrilled to hear that our customer success team was able to help tailor the features to your practice and met your expectations! Our customers are our priority and we believe in always providing the best experience for all our users. Thank you for choosing OnCall, and we appreciate your valuable feedback!

Erica

OnCall is a wonderful product with even better customer support!

Overall, I highly recommend OnCall. It meets all of our small-practice needs, and continues to grow as we do! Most importantly, I cannot stress how wonderful their customer support has been. This is one of the main reasons we continue to use OnCall for our practice.

Pros

We are very happy with all the features provided by OnCall, including secure storage for session notes, a roster of clients for each of our clinicians, options for virtual therapy, and ease of payment/generation of receipts. We are currently in the process of exploring the scheduling feature, and are looking forward to adding this to our experience. The OnCall support staff has been readily available for ourselves and our clients when needed - their responses are timely and there is always a live person to talk to in order to help troubleshoot any problems, which means that things get solved quickly and efficiently!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about OnCall.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Erica, thank you for sharing your amazing review with our team! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with all the features and receiving all the support that you and your clients need from our team! We love being a part of your practice's growth, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Camilla