• Pros

• "It is easy to use and does not detract from its operability and functionality, it is excellent for internal video conferencing and the interaction with the user is perfect."

• "The best part is it's free. Used it for work on multiple occasions and works great. Nothing to complain about or change."

• "I love how easy it makes my life! most of what I do is communicating with other employees. "

• Cons

• "It is quite expensive, so large companies can afford it, but hardly small companies can handle it, they should create more accessible packages so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of this tool."

• "It is a shame the not more people are using this software that would make it easier to connect to your business partners."

• "I had a hard time initially setting it up. It was not super intuitive upon first use. Once I was able to get it activated, it was good."

Browse Business Hangouts Reviews

Martin from Verizon

Business Hangouts has the perfect web conferencing tool.

I really thought that it was very easy to use and it provide a much better option of video conferences than most of the other video platform. Through the Business Hangouts software, scheduling the audio and video calls is very easy. Our conversation chat through the audio and video conferences and screen sharing all good by the Business Hangouts software.

Pros

The best thing of the Business Hangouts is that we can easily schedules our calls and meeting and in this why the support lines of our calling is very helpful for us. The outstanding features of the business hangouts makes this software powerhouse such as file sharing, polling, screen, video sharing and the ability to record. This software let me organize a video conference meeting with everyone at anytime. This software is an efficient software for the audio and video conferencing which allowing me to communicate with our friends, colleagues and team members. Hence, it is a best way for collaboration.

Cons

Mostly the business hangouts works properly but sometimes it created some issues such as it is not as easy to get sound working and get things setup. The quality of video conference is not as best as should. Sometimes the new users have to face difficulty when it is loading due to which I have to sign in again and then our precious time will be waste but it is not all time issue. When we sharing our screen, the video conference quality will be automatically decreased. But still it is an excellent platform for meeting collaboration.

Michell from Trópico Internacional

Industry: Import and Export

Google Hangout the best tool for virtual meetings so far

Pros

Very very easy to use, even a person that is not familiar with technology can work with it. It's share the link and connect! there is no need of user ID and this stuffs...

Cons

It only works with Google Chrome and Firefox browsers, they should go further and be open to other browsers such as Safari, Internet Explorer, etc once some companies are limited about it, so this becomes a limitation. there should be an option for user to see the invited people when sharing a presentation. You can see them but only when you are not presenting full screen materials, this is bad once you lack the expression of your audience.

Andrea from EmployAbility: Employment and Housing Solutions, LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very convenient and easy to use

It has been very helpful while we are working from home due to COVID-19. We are able to stay connected by using the chat and video call features regularly throughout the day.

Pros

We use the chat feature constantly to communicate between team members. Since it is part of Gmail it is really easy to use throughout the day. It has been particularly valuable during COVID-19 when everyone is working from home and we can't just pop into each other's offices. We are not initiating video calls regularly too.

Cons

It is not as easy to use with people outside of our agency. I would have also liked to be able to call more than one person at a time which also does not seem to be a feature for phone calls.

Andy from Userlane

Miserable UX

Pros

-Probably good features -You can send invites to event directly from the dashboard -Integration with Google Calendar

Cons

-More expensive than other solutions -Set up is brutal: you need gmail, G+, a youtube account, AdSense Account, Admin Ritghts on your domain, monetization activated on Youtube, LiveStreaming activated plus a bunch of other requirements and settings -Onboarding via thick pdf handbook!!! OR Set up a meeting with a rep (whenever you can find a spot to schedule a meeting to have support to setup the whole thing) - Got to sign up and went through the painful process of setting up the whole thing just to find out that the product can't be used in Germany (where I currently live). They accepted my credit card and billing address no problem, though. Maybe warn people before they waste two hours? -They say 'free trial, cancel anytime' but there's no visible option to cancel/suspend/delete account anywhere. They don't talk about canceling your account in the FAQs (where you should normally find this kind of information) and searching their documentation returns zero document/guides on this topic. You can access community support by first requesting to be accepted in a 'forum' (it's actually a G+ community). Once you're accepted you have to scroll through all the entries and hope to find somebody who managed to cancel their account. At this point you just feel trapped. Next step, blocking the credit card.

Jonathon from Transparent Cleaning Co.

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Basically texting but helpful for using with drive

Pretty good for the most part. The tech issues are frustrating but it is a Underhill tool for keeping everyone informed and sharing docs in conversations.

Pros

I like that you can have multiple participants and share photos and documents back and forth all within the Google framework.

Cons

Have experienced some sync issues which can get frustrating. Namely some emails don't work with it sometimes even though they're part of the same suite.

Reasons for Choosing Business Hangouts

We chose hangouts because it is connected with Google and therefore plays well with drive.

Brian from Shift4 Corporation

My team likes Business Hangouts

When I need to share my screen with a remote member of my team, we are connected in seconds. We've successfully had meetings with dozens of remote participants. We did hit a limit once, with too many remote participants.

Pros

My team uses Business Hangouts for screen sharing, video calls and audio calls. It does what we need it to do. We do audio calls via phone and over the internet with a headset. Audio quality is perfect when using USB headset. Video quality is good to great.

Cons

During a screen share, the user interface requires too many mouse clicks to get different layouts. Actually that is the case for many of the options. However, nobody else on my team has a problem with the user interface.

Carlos Alberto from Centro Nacional de la Cinematografía CNAC

Impotant software since it allows you to hold online meetings and video conferences with your client

It can be recorded commercial events and posted on youtube

Pros

The system is very interesting because it allows you to hold online meetings in all parts of the world, you only need your clients, students or guests to be connected to perform any event, as well as having online support that helps you solve any problem you may have. present, also allows you to customize your video conferences to the style you have in your company, being a tool with low cost value with respect to the skills, so it is very useful when conducting meetings online

Cons

You must have a very good online connection to carry out your meetings in lines and video conferences, and it should be more commercially driven so that it is better known in the market, despite the good customers that use it.

Karenny from DIRECTV Latin America

Great tool for the collaboration of a whole team

Pros

I loved everything about Business Hangouts at this time. It has solved my big problem of communication with my colleagues or even distributors. When I need them all together, Business Hangouts becomes the only solution. The individual communication was good. But this software has given me the possibility to shorten the duration of the instruction with all of them. Also, there is no requirement to share my cell phone number and that is quite comfortable.

Cons

The biggest problem we found was the number of employees when we started using it. Our staff was not big enough to make use of this program regularly for the cost. However, as we grew as a company we were able to include more users and since then it has been totally profitable for us.

ZULAY DEL CARMEN from C. E. I. "JESÚS ROSAS MARCANO"

A great software for communication!

Is a good tool to keep us connected.

Pros

You can link with my cell phone, so I can access my text messages through this application. It allows me to communicate with colleagues, family and friends, making use of my WIFI network. It is possible to make video calls and share my statuses.

Cons

I really do not think anything negative in this software. It offers many opportunities for communication.

A good app for business conversations

Business Hangouts meets my expectations and I can communicate without any problems with my work team.

Pros

What I like most about Business Hangouts is the ease and efficiency with which I can communicate with colleagues on my team

Cons

What I like least about Business Hangouts is that it could have more features, and that sometimes it is a little slow.

Heather from Kraaft Shaak

An incredibly robust program with the best support!

I have been using the Business Hangouts platform since September of 2014. If I were to list all of the ways it could be used the book would be too long to read, but I can tell you that if you have a need or desire to run an internet show, teaching seminar or other webinar scenario - you need look NO FURTHER! There is a way to do it and customize it to your brand, demonstrate live and/or recorded, capture leads, generate new leads and all in one easy to use format. The only other thing to remark on is the extremely helpful and responsive support is UNMATCHED anywhere. No other company holds a weekly meeting to LISTEN to user ideas and help with technical support. No other team has a community of helpful response within 24 hours. They listen and they respond...and you get help from other experienced users too. As a well experienced Business Hangouts user, I always say, "Tell me what you want to do and I will show you how you can use Business Hangouts to get it done."

Pros

the control I have over branding, ability to integrate with my YouTube and my website, capturing the data of who and how long a person participated

Cons

there is a bit of learning to the program as it is very robust - but with anything of value, this is the case. A one click and done program could not do ANY of the work this program does. Thankfully there is a team of professionals and experienced users to help you learn.

Pat from DerMYRTLE

Quickest way to engage your target audience using real-time audio-video and screen sharing.

FRONT END: Face-to-face meetings increases trust factor for our brand. End users report: - easy registration - appreciate custom reminder emails - reliable countdown mechanism - rolling welcome graphics and welcome video options "Thank-you" and "sorry we missed you" timed arrival emails extends interaction with registrants. - Live events have great controls for: - camera view - adding up to 10 panel participants - sharing screens - bringing viewer comments to the screen - ousting spammers Less discernible skipping of audio/video when compared to Skype or GoToWebinar, where high speed internet access is available. Cost is better than GTW. BACK END: 5 minute set up. Easy to copy event set-up to subsequent event or make the event repeatable. Stats on registrants, viewers & those who reviewed the event. Training and tech support AAA+ quick response.

Pros

Reliable service, easy to set up an event with custom emails and graphics. I embed the event in my website for custom registration URLs. I've met the coders and find they are responsive to queries.

Cons

None really. Oh, yes, I'd like them to fix "recurring events monthly" to also include "4th Wednesday" not just "the 20th." That's about it.

JOSE from INCOSTAS

Industry: Oil & Energy

I use the application for conversations and videoconferences for some work groups.

The biggest benefit is that we have achieved videoconferences in a simple way, inexperienced users connected easily.

Pros

I like that it is an application that does not require an installation of programs to work. It is capable of working with all the tools it has from Chrome, just by installing the add-on. It is simple to use and versatile. It integrates with the other google applications, which allows us to take advantage of sharing resources and files. Making a meeting is very fast, when I compare it with applications like Gotomeeting. It is easy to integrate several people in the same conference, the application handles them very well and in a simple way. It uses little network resource, manages bandwidth well. I like that when we have configured this application in our firewall, we find it as an object without problems.

Cons

I've noticed that it works much better when it's integrated into the Google platform. The fact of not having a desktop client puts us at a disadvantage when we want to teach inexperienced and elderly users how to use it. I think the test time is short, it should be at least 30 days. It is not used by many of the companies with which we interact. I do not see the ability to integrate with different videoconferencing platforms.

Andrew from User2User-LIVE!

In a class of its own!

I started using Business-Hangouts shortly after it became available in 2013 and have continued to use it daily since then. It contains a feature set that allows maximum customization with minimum work. The learning curve can be as simple or as steep as you like. Original setup is quick and easy., but like any precision tool, it takes time to learn all the available options and use them for maximum impact. There are a great many features that can be set in various ways to achieve exactly what you want. Better than the software itself is the support one receives. Customer service is unmatched in the industry. Anyone looking for webinar software should seriously take a look at BUsiness-Hangouts

Hangouts is an excellent application that helps you communicate effectively

allows me to communicate effectively with clients and friends in different devices simultaneously and quickly

Pros

is a private and reliable application that can be used on different devices simultaneously, allows my communication with different people around the world during business hours without interrupting my work and performance

Cons

the emojis are not visually updated and after the application is downloaded the phone joins the text messages and does not let you use it separately

Daily communication is extremely easy via Hangouts

Hangouts has really helped us to stay connected with everyone. The best part is we can use this remotely. Mobile version is best. Now our queries are resolved in no time just because of hangouts.

Pros

Hangouts is extremely user savvy and saves lot of time resulting in increase in productivity. Video and voice quality is very good, It helps team to be always updated.

Cons

No dislikes, however they should have an option of call recording and call reporting which will helps us to a great extend.

misleiny from Retail

Industry: Civil Engineering

Seamless communications for your corporate environment

It is very realistic to make video calls because you can talk as if you were next to the person, a very exciting situation. All this service without having to travel to be close to who you wanted to talk to.

Pros

Hangouts Business is a great program to make communication easier for your employees. With it, you can connect your company team anywhere you can imagine, as long as you have an internet access. We can make video calls with product providers that are on the other side of the world with incredible ease.

Cons

The program presents certain delays and distortions in the voice when using the conferences where the interent speed is not of good quality, this makes it necessary to repeat what was said, leaving the meeting slower and less efficient.

Grant from Bric — Project Planning and Time Tracking

My Tool for Working Remote

Pros

My team and I use Google Hangouts every day. We love the seamless integration with Google Calendar, and how easy it is to control bandwidth.

Cons

I some times have issues with Hangouts using the connect audio, mic and camera connections. I can't seem to understand the logic behind why it selects the right connections one time, but not the others.

Daniel from XSales® Mobility

has been fluent, at all times speaking without problems with friends in different countries and safe

Pros

Your security, being associated with my mail seems to me that it has a fairly large level of personal security and in turn the comfort for the same reason to be able to talk to people while I'm looking at my emails seems great, with a connection more or less stable messages flow quickly

Cons

Your calls, so far I have had problems with them since it is always a lag and it is difficult to listen to other people even having a good internet connection

Great Communication Software

Pros

Buisness Hangout is a great software which is easy to use front disk. The service is stable with no downtime

Cons

I am in constant connection with friends and colleagues on all my electronic devices.

The ease of use, installation and configuration of this tool makes the interaction with the end user a unique experience.

Pros

Cons

Nothing against, it is a wonderful interaction tool, and its updates are very accurate for the end user.

Adriana from Seguros Caracas de Liberty Mutual

Business Hangouts allows me to always be connected to my work team

It helps that the communication at a distance is not a problem

Pros

Business Hangouts allows me to always be connected with my team, it works very well because I can communicate with colleagues who are in different states of the country, with whom it is very difficult to make meetings in person, it is also ideal for seminars via web.

Claudia from Fondo de Compensación Interterritorial

Making a meeting was never as easy as with Google Hangouts!

Pros

It integrates perfectly with my Android smart phone, works very well with Google Docs since you can open the document and edit it without having to leave the meeting, this is extraordinary. It is very easy to use and allows the exchange of files.

Cons

I do not like the interface of the video conference. For the rest, it seems to me a wonderful software.

Roy from Softon Digital

The most stable comms platform I´ve used

We do a lot of interviews and meetings with potential clientes, this tool give us the simplicity, platform and everything we need.

Pros

Great stability, audio and video streaming, high quality, easy to use, UX/UI are simple and awesome.

Cons

I have not found any really, after using it for over a year now, we changed from skype and it was bliss.

CRUZULYS from MINISTERIO DEL PODER POPULAR PARA LA EDUCACIÓN

Extraordinary tool to make video calls!

Everyone should have this application. It is easy to use and very functional.

Pros

I love the opportunity it gives me to start a conversation or make a video call with my colleagues, family and friends. It allows linking my different devices, so I can start a conversation from my computer and complete it through my tablet or cell phone. It is possible to make group calls through this medium.

Cons

I do not find anything negative in relation to this software. I think it's a great communication tool.

Russ from DearMYRTLE.com

BHOA - Single User

I don't use the Business Hangout On Air very much myself, but do use it for Testing and Training purposes. Having said that, I am a producer for another BHOA user, where we do 3 to 5 BHOA's a week. We have 40 - 50 Liver Viewers, with a hundred or more who will watch the recording within the week. For most BHOAs we almost have a full Panel from around the World. The best part of a BHOA is the Support provided to this product. An Awesome Team, who listen to the End Users. Thank you for a wonderful, easy to use product

Pros

Easy to Use

Cons

Can't think of any

Colleen from Podium sports llc

Easy to use and easy to communicate

Pros

Cons

Nothing to complain about or change it's a pretty simple and effective. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

mark from seop inc

Business hangouts

Hangouts is great. I love how easy it makes things being able to communicate with other colleges in different offices. Very handy to have.

Pros

Cons

Nothing negative to say about business hangouts.

Shiawtian from PwC

Very Easy To Use

Pros

Constant update on this product. Latest version includes new user interface and many new features. Offers the standard features needed for messaging, voice calling, video conferencing, and webcasting. Very stable calling service

Cons

There are many other business collaboration software to consider in the market. Not a one size fit all

Hugo from Wurth do Brasil

Hangouts

I use a lot in meetings with my leader and the manager to perfomance results and ideas for script and sales improvements.

Pros

a perfect system for those who need to have a remote management. I use a lot for weekly and monthly meetings with my managers. good interface, quality of the calls good at last without doubt the best in the market

Cons

I do not have weaknesses to report......

José Leonardo from INCES

Great communication platform if you are out of the office

It has been perfect for our meetings at a distance, especially in which we must impart some kind of information to many people, it is a very versatile application and it's nice to work with it

Pros

You can establish communication in three ways: chat, video and audio, it includes functions to transmit in HD which is great, which allows your meetings to be of great visual quality, very good for meetings with a large number of people

Cons

The cost of the subscription does not seem to be very well defined, there is a certain disorder in customer service

Jeremy from Richey May & Co., LLP

Great for conference video calls!

Pros

I use this on a weekly basis to connect with others and it is truly phenomenal! You can easily connect with others from laptops, mobile, or tablets. You can switch between screens to view the person speaking. Being a Google product also means that it has been especially reliable. This is a trustworthy app all should have!

Cons

There have been a few times when video quality is low or the audio isn't working, but those experiences have been few and far between.

Kirsten from Black Family Enterprises

Easy to use and stay connected.

Pros

The program is easy to use. It updates quickly and allows me to stay connected with co-workers throughout the day.

Uarlei from Schlumberger

Industry: Oil & Energy

All closer, even distant.

One of the great needs involved in teamwork and the benefits of integration, the new Hangouts update has the function that allows you to have more users in the room and can participate in the same videoconference. This causes an entire team from a particular department to deal with the same topic, or with other departments.

Pros

Hangouts Business is a great feature for solving problems of all kinds of communication. Both for small conversations to solve small problems (using instant messaging), and avoiding emails and more emails to solve basic and simple problems. And also, for more complex matters, such as the audio conferencing and videoconferencing, which makes operational funcinality very advantageous and effective.

Cons

It is necessary to evaluate the costs and the required communication turnover for the company. Because using a few resources of this program, it makes your cost a little high. However, the more need for more users and it will be very profitable to maintain the product.

Ron from Agape Church of Christ

Good program for conferncing

Pros

Use this with our faculty advising and teaching online classes. Can add multiple students who can interact well. Can't beat the price.

Cons

Not much to comment negatively. I like using this and switched from Skype and found better connections with my group.

Matthew

Very easy way to do conference calls

Pros

Easy to use UI, can share screens as needed which is important for sharing information in a quick manner,

Cons

At times, the system can be laggy and cut out abruptly while on a call. Also, some people struggle with logging into the platform.

yulitza from Autónomo

Excellent tool to communicate with your team that are in other cities!

the journalists' work teams are always in different cities covering the news, this tool allows meetings to be held frequently with everyone to give the guidelines, this means that work is not interrupted in the different cities since it is not necessary for them to come to the central office.

Pros

It is easy to use create a new group and you give the video call icon and go, the integration with Google Drive is excellent, you can edit documents with Google Docs while you are in a video conference, the options of bandwidth adjustment is very useful if your internet connection is not very good. This works very well on both the smart phones and the computer.

Cons

The add-on is only available for Google Chrome, in Mozilla Firefox it is a beta version. I have not been able to send documents by hangouts during the video conference, the incoming calls are annoying when you are inside a video call; although you can disable and then re-enable the incoming call tone.

Yezid from Incostas. Independent IT Consultor

Great app for im and calls without having a phone. This is nice for my child

Pros

This app has some important pros for me, like use it on android for my child tablet, or using it for me on my iOS device. It's easy to use, and has features like video calls that works, but...

Cons

...Video calls sometimes shows network errors that makes me became crazy. Using it for multiple video calls (more than 2 users) works, but here is where network appears more frequently, at least for me.

dubraska from Telesur

great application that keeps us informed through the use of video calls or instant messages

Pros

this application is very funny because it allows to transmit live moments through video calls and interact with each of our friends with the chats where we can avoid emojins or images that are stored later in our google + profile, I love that we can interact simultaneously with several users.

Cons

what I like the least about this application is that you can not share multimedia files as voice messages, nor can we know if the message sent actually reaches the receiver, this being a big weakness compared to other instant messaging applications

Hangouts Review

Pros

It is very easy to use and can allow to engage your team very easily. The system allows multiple users to share their videos simultaneously. It also helps in establishing collaboration with remote employees much easily .

Cons

I dont have any issues with this software. The system is easy to start and have never had any issue with connecting.

Maria from XSales® Mobility

Excellent GSuite tool for work groups

Business-Hangouts is a highly interactive platform for online seminars and online meetings, and I highly recommend them. It facilitates a more effective and efficient communication. You can respond to an email through chat, which allows you to have real communication in real time and improve your productivity and that of your work group

Pros

It allows holding meetings online in all parts of the world, under the same event. It provides online support that helps you solve any problem you may have. It allows you to customize your videoconferences to the style that you have in your company, being a low cost tool with respect to skills, so it is very useful when you hold meetings online.

Cons

It works best when integrated into the Google Suite. I do not see the ability to integrate with different video conferencing platforms. You must have a very good online connection to carry out meetings in lines and videoconferences in optimal conditions.

Sudeer from PSR-IT Services

Great Webinars to recommend

Pros

Reliable Software to conduct online events/Webinars/Conferences. A lot of features offered for a successful and satisfied webinar, on an HD video streaming. Did not have any issues throughout the events. we had a big event with a large group and had no issues. We could share files, download documents and interact effectively throughout! Excellent software for Webinars/online Conferences!

Cons

Off course every product is not 100% accurate, overall its great one, not much flaws to discuss here..

Belkis from Escritorio Jurídico

Hangouts is excellent for video conferencing with multiple users.

Hangouts is excellent for video conferencing with multiple users.

Pros

I use Hangouts Business to stay connected with the most trusted colleagues with whom I form a team, because this tool allows me to upload documents, keep me connected and hold work meetings even in the distance because hangouts allow video conferences with up to 10 people time.

Cons

Hangouts is still not as popular a tool as other programs are, so not all people use Hangouts and this can be a limitation.

Everything you expect from Google, Great product

Video conferencing

Pros

Business Hangouts allows you to use the same Google hangouts you love, but packaged for business. Most enterprise clients aren't cleared to use the G Suite. Business hangouts is secure and packaged to work with enterprise!

Cons

The biggest con is price, it's hard to pay for business hangouts when regular hangouts is free. But the security package benefits make Google Business Hangouts available to enterprise.

Omoyeni from JH Specialty Inc

Helps me stay connected with colleagues on multiple mediums.

Pros

Business hangout enable me stay in touch with my team members on different internet mediums such as via live stream and webinars . I am able to connect with them wherever I may be.

Cons

Business hangout does everything well .However ,I have to be connected to the internet to make use of it.

Vishal from Alvarez & Marsal

Simple, Easy tool to setup meetings

We are using Hangout as video collaboration tool to set up virtual meetings.

Pros

I love the simplicity of setting up a meeting with someone using Hangout. It's like a cake walk - so easy and streamlined. Moreover, the interface is very neat and clean.

Cons

When compared to other video collaboration tools such as GoToMeeting, WebEx, Hangout lacks on a lot of features. Once such important feature is creating polls.

Easy to Use Webinar Service in Google Apps for Work

I started using Business Hangouts about two months ago and have found the product to be simple and easy to use. I can have multiple presenters, viewers don't need to download anything, and all my sessions are recorded to YouTube. Great product.

Pros

Customer Event Pages and Emails Moderator Controls Records Direct ot YouTube Part of Google Ecosystem

Cons

User Interface is a bit clunky. They said a new version is coming out soon.

Angel from Hotel Italo, C.A.

Excellent for communicating inside the company.

I communicate with all the people inside the company.

Pros

I can have chat groups. It allows me to make video conference with a lot of people. I can share my screen or see other peoples screen.

Cons

The template is too simple. If I do not have the downloadable version on my computer it will notify me when someone texts me. In order talk to someone the other person have to accept me first.

Francisco from cmdlt

It is very good to connect with any person or colleague without inporting distance

I got the benefit of being connected with friends and colleagues who have left my country due to deviant situations

Pros

excellent connectivity, good interaction with other platforms and this allows you full access to other users

Cons

that needs internet for its operation limits the access of some people who do not have unlimited internet access

Good alternative for webinars

I believe it still has room for improvement, but overall, I can't complain. It's done the task it's made for.

Pros

It is easy to schedule calls and meetings. There are many features that help a lot, like file sharing, polling, screen sharing and more. You can even record the session.

Cons

At the beginning, it's not so easy to learn how to get things set up for the first time. I think the video quality can improve, but it could also have to do with the connection speed.