Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I appreciated the option of making groeps of people with defined rights (read, edit, print, download, etc.). The helpdesk was always very quick to answer questions efficiently."
  • icon"I really liked the simplicity of the software. Working in the lower middle market space, many of our clients are unfamiliar with data rooms, and so we want them to be as comfortable as possible."
  • icon"Options to limit the print, save, watermark and put an expiry date to the document is helpful as we like to segregate our investors into different categories."
  • icon"Had some initial troubles opening documents created."
  • icon"Unable to see what is the total data usage so we are not sure when we are charged for the extra data used previously."
  • icon"Further, the fact that you need to be a Q&A administrator to see the name of the Question Author is quite ridiculous."

Have you used Ansarada and would like to share your experience with others?

All Ansarada Reviews

Great to have a web-based version of this product!

Excellent.

Pros

This is the first web-based product of this kind that I have used and I found it much easier to manage than those other products.

Cons

I think some of the security features are too stringent and there should be flexibility for companies re: what level of security they want.

Web-based, pricing, features.

Scott

Q&A

Good support, only issues is as mentioned above.

Pros

Good UX, mostly clear to use and functional

Cons

Q&A - Intralinks and various other data room operators have the ability to ask questions on behalf of 3rd parties, this is seriously helpful where they need the questions processed quickly or may not yet have full access to the data room. To counter this, I've had to make a fake account on behalf of a 3rd party to process questions in the past, which is an issue. Further, the fact that you need to be a Q&A administrator to see the name of the Question Author is quite ridiculous. For example in a sell-side process where there's more than one potential acquirer in the data room asking questions, unless the sellside client is an admin, i.e. if they are approver or author, they can't see who is asking the question which means it's very difficult to correctly direct an answer. This should be an option which you can enable. The only way around it is by adding a comment when approving and forwarding the question which is very manual and inefficient for the entire process.

Reasons for choosing Ansarada

Because the client may have been using Intralinks or have used Intralinks in the past. However, mostly it is quite even and we are asked for quotes from a number of providers. With the issues in Q&A it is sometimes difficult to justify Ansarada over other providers.

Kris

Not a fan of the direction this VDR is going

Our team has seen extensive changes with our point of contact at the company. The quality of service has seemed to declined since when we first started using this software and has gotten more expensive that it should have in comparison to other products that are available.

Pros

I am very comfortable with this software since we have been using it for a while. The added security features is a nice touch that some other options dont have.

Cons

Not intuitive, expensive for what you get, many individuals have complained about not being able to see PDF's due to settings the software requires each user to make on their computers.

Reasons for choosing Ansarada

Ansarada was the main VDR we used when my team initially started working their but we have switched since to alternative products since then.

Response from Ansarada

Hi Kris, Sorry to hear you've had an unsatisfactory experience with Ansarada's Virtual Data Room. The concern you mentioned about viewing PDFs has been updated. We've introduced a new 'Preview' function which alleviates the pain you're experiencing. You can preview PDFs straight from the Document Index, without having to download the document. Previewing PDFs does not require any programs or plugins. Full details are here - https://help.ansarada.com/en/articles/2597663 Our pricing starts from US$39 per month per user and we purposefully offer flexible plans so that customers don't feel like they're paying for features they don't want or need. All our plans include training and 24/7 support from our knowledgeable team. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee that there won't be staffing changes from time to time. We would love the opportunity to win you back and show you the new functionality. One of our Client Success Managers will be in contact to arrange a demo. Thanks, Team Ansarada

Replied August 2020

Leijie

Good and easy to use tool

Overall a very positive experience and would use again

Pros

Like its user friendliness and ability to manage multiple parties easily

Cons

Q&A online functionality could be better improved

Reasons for choosing Ansarada

Have used previously so didnt want to upskill myself on a new product

Karla

Extra features

It was a great experience. We have used intralinks previously and it is MUCH easier to navigate and coordinate. I am very happy to have a phone call with someone to share my teams ideas. However overall we loved it!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the online help pages. Really saved having to watch long YouTube clips or call up (like intralinks!)

Cons

Sometimes it was challenging and long to see what had happened to the data room. We had many buyer teams and a large internal and found the activity data difficult to use in the sense of seeing what was relevant. It would be fantastic if ansarada could develop a activity home page which shows activity of members in chronological order. (Almost like a social media feed...) I remember having a team member upload one document during the sales process and having to click on every person that had logged in to see if they had looked at it! (At our peak we had 15-20 buyer teams and it was a long process) I was also required to make a “weekly report of activity” and I found myself effectively having to make one manually in excel. Would be great if they could improve the functionality of reporting.

Rupert

Ansarada Dataroom

I predominantly use Ansarada to assist with M&A processes. Ansarada is particularly helpful during the due diligence phase as well as forming part of the transaction documents as the warranties and indemnities are tied only to what has been provided in the dataroom.

Pros

The encryption abilities of the software. The ability to monitor / restrict exactly what each individual can view and how they can view the information is most helpful.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the inability to change an individuals security protocols within the same group. It would be good to be able to monitor an individuals security protocols whilst keeping them within the same investment group.

maria

suggestions for further development

-very good, I appreciate your tools, development (e.g. redaction tool) and friendly team!

Pros

-Reports -Q&A tool -Bulk upload and download -Friendly customer support -New redaction tool

Cons

Some suggestions: -Could VDR Index in Manage section (Excel) include a column with original document name when it was first uploaded to VDR -Could buy-side users bulk upload their questions from Excel to VDR -Could redaction tool include a rotate view function -Could administrators receive a notification when document's path is too long and therefore bulk download won't work in one click

Mailys

Industry: Medical Devices

Professional, lots of possibilities

I was very pleased with the overall experience, so were our potential investors. It takes some 'getting used to' to run the data room as an administrator but the instruction videos help. There are a lot of security features, sometimes too many: this makes it safe, but not always intuitive. I have already recommended Ansarada to another company and would be happy to do it again.

Pros

Clear representation of documents present in the dataroom. Automatic numbering was useful too. I appreciated the option of making groeps of people with defined rights (read, edit, print, download, etc.). The helpdesk was always very quick to answer questions efficiently. Easy to use for the clients, none of them complained about difficulty to access the database. The possibility to generate reports showing who-accessed-what was very valuable.

Cons

There are so many security features in terms of enabling publication of documents, that it is easy to forget to open a gate and thus provide access to a financier.

Reasons for choosing Ansarada

In our initial contact meeting with Ansarada, we had a much more professional impression of Ansarada.

Industry: Import and Export

Not so easy

We have made it to signing an offer so I presume the seller side was able to work with our dataroom better than I could

Pros

Uploading information was relatively easy although I did sometimes find it difficult to save it in the desired location

Cons

I didn't find the software intuitive. I had real difficulty in navigating around and most often found myself having to return to the home screen and then scroll again through all the questions to find the one i wanted to work on. Often the questioner wanted to change the priority after posting the question & I had trouble matching these. I couldn't get my file structure to work so I always had to navigate from the home base rather than where I had just been I presume a lot of the issues emanated from me being a novice user however I did find it very easy to navigate around the seller's Datasite

Reasons for choosing Ansarada

We used Ansarada a few years ago and so it was thought we could upload a lot of information from the archive however this was false dawn. In hindsight we should have reviewed other software.

Nathan

Leading Market Player in M&A Dataroom

Pros

User friendly, customer service, and ongoing support 24/7

Cons

lacking security options, would want further additions to water marks and security

Joe

Review of Ansarada virtual data room

Great - would recommend to everybody

Pros

Extremely intuitive to use. The email response for Q&A is fantastic!

Cons

Security settings are always a handful to get head around if havent used the updated platform.

Marcello

Industry: Investment Management

Great Secure File Share System

It is widely used in Australia and it is a great easy to use format to upload and download information.

Pros

It is easy to use and is able to be used across a number of applications. It provides good tracking of users and helps keep track of authorities between people also.

Cons

Headings and some user interface is US centric.

n/a

Annie

Industry: Civil Engineering

Positive

Good for transactions

Pros

Easy to use and full traceability of access

Cons

more features could be added for transactions

Ansarada VDR Review

Pros

It is extremely user friendly and the interface is clean.

Cons

I think applying the security settings to different user groups could possible be improved.

Gideon