All Ooma Office Reviews

Bernard

Retail, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2021

Not a bad solution but very basic

Alexis

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Love the mobile application along with the desktop application

My overall experience has been amazing. You get a professional quality phone system with the same exact pricing as our previous analog phone system.

PROS

With the mobile phone application, it is extremely easy to disguise my personal cell phone number with our company phone number. The mobile application also has a built-in text message feature with unlimited ability to send and receive messages. As to the desktop application, the ability to place and receive phone calls, text messages, and send faxes really makes the Ooma platform ideal for small businesses such as ours.

CONS

The only thing that I do not like about the software is some of the features with respect to the tutorials that Ooma has available to ensure the staff becomes familiar and comfortable with the use of the program. There are several features such as Call Park, Call Flip, and a few others. While these features are amazing in theory they are somewhat difficult to learn how to use them.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

I did not need to purchase a server system in order to use the program. All I needed was about a $100 switch and some data lines.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Needed a virtual secretary which our previous phone provider wasn't offering at the time of the switch.

Robert

Wholesale, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Single line and phone system

Excellent. I get calls offering to change phone systems and supplier but out cost is so low they can't compete.

PROS

It's simple and works good. Voice mail works well.

CONS

Don't have any. I have a UPS set up so the phone and internet connection works even when the power goes out for short periods.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Price of equipment and service was most attractive.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Changed to google fiber and went VOIP for phone service. The company we switched from is not on the list of selections.

Scott

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Easy to use, but prepare for issues

I took over phone responsibilities for another small company, which had a virtual 800 # they used for everything. I started an Ooma Office account, bought all their equipment and phones, ordered their service and ported my 800 number to my Ooma Office provided number - all as they suggested. Without delay I started getting hit with SPAM calls daily, lots of them, which are coming from the local exchange number they assigned me. I asked them to change that number, but they wanted to charge me to do-so. Their call quality is hit or miss, and doesn't seem to be tied directly to MY internet quality as I've hooked the hardware straight to the modem and still had bad quality. Thier software, account dashboard and features are ALL amazing - so no complaints there. It was very easy to get running and give the appearance of a VERY large and professional setup, but that is hurt by the call quality.

PROS

Very easy to setup out of the box and get running with their config site, TONS of features for something priced so low, very easy to use, LOVE the options, price is amazing.

CONS

My two biggest issues have been call quality and spam calls, both of which COULD be issues from my end admittedadly, but not likely. I've got a very fast internet connection, and had no spam call issues before switching to ooma office. After the switch, I get 15 to 20 robo calls per day, and when I take calls I generally have to speak quite slowly so that words don't drop. Also, their tech support personnel leave a bit to be desired and take days to get back to you, IF at all, and only give you partial answers.

Craig

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

All In One; Simple and Effective!

PROS

Being able to make calls, messages, faxes and voicemail management from one integration solution makes for easy client communication management.

CONS

Set up of phone numbers and how they interact can be difficult, but Ooma customer support was very efficient and effective at optimizing our settings.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Overall features including text messaging and fax integration was vital for our business model.

Sharon

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Best VoIP for the money

Great experience. It was so simple to set up, I only wish I didn't have to pay extra for the desktop app.

PROS

Ease of set up, the service is reliable, call quality is good, great price and many extras, and customer service is top notch (if you need them at all).

CONS

Desktop app and call recording are only available with a higher prices plan. Occasionally there is a little static on the call or echo, but it could be my internet service as I am out in the country and only get DSL.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Better price and either more or just as many extras. Much easier setup.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Godaddy service was unreliable and there was a lot of noise during the calls.

Grant

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Ooma is the shizz!

I am completely 100% satisfied. There's no question I made the right choice.

PROS

I originally sought a solution to replace AT&T. Ooma has addressed every single one of my issues - cost, reliability, and customer support are second to none.

CONS

I can't think a single thing. I love everything about this company.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

AT&T customer support was the absolute worst. Reliability was also an issue.

Jesse

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

I have loved this company since I started using it in 2016

Excellent. I recommend Ooma to everyone I meet.

PROS

Text messaging, desktop app, recording features are so simple to use

CONS

Some mobile devices have a lag for text messages

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Pricing, customer support is fast and personal. I haven't had any issues that weren't resolved quickly

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Cost and ease of using VOIP instead of phone system

Debra

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Ooma is my choice

Excellent and would highly recommend them to other businesses

PROS

Not having to use AT & T at all and easy to use

CONS

Nothing other than not being able to see what number calls in when I transfer to a mobile number.

wanted to be finished with AT & T all together

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

wanted to be rid of AT & T due to long holds on phone line and screw ups

Elissa

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Helpful and accessible

PROS

Able to modify needs for fluctuations in office flow, accessible anywhere, inexpensive

CONS

Difficult with mobile online platform. Wouldnt keep changes and crashed

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Need changed and price was much better w ooma

Whitney

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great to have for your business

Over I was very pleased with Ooma office and features that I received and also being able to have the Ooma app to have calls transferred to my mobile phone.

PROS

I like that you can have a professional virtual receptionist when your customers call in

CONS

At the time I had it feel like they should’ve added more variety of phones

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

I felt like Ooma had better pricing and features.

Thomas

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Small Business Phone Solution

Overall I am very pleased with the Ooma phone system. It provides a numerous amount of practical features for a very reasonable price. Customer service has been very responsive when needed and with good follow up to make sure all issues were addressed.

PROS

The ease of set up and use. I could easily add all users and setup calling configuration will little instruction.

CONS

Faxing documents has some limitations on page orientation and upload size. Voice mail to text not included with basic package.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Value. More features at a lower cost.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

To get the features I required the cost was significantly more than I wanted to invest. The hard requirements and monthly service were both much high than Ooma’s product.

Hillary

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Great ViOP for small business

Great customer service (if you have issues), low pricing and easy to use.

PROS

Ooma offers great value for small businesses. It's easy to set up and use and has lots of call menu options and call forwarding. You can also set schedules, which are also easy to change. Call logs are available and offer call blocking with a single click, which is awesome to avoid robo and sales calls.

CONS

The phones themselves could be better. They often reboot or "search for base" at in opportune times.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Intermedia wasn't meeting our menu selection needs.

Kyle

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Great system for quick small business deployments with basic needs!

At a reasonable cost point, and little barrier to entry. Ooma Office can help your business get its feet off the ground and offers upgrade options for more features your business can get access to as you grow

PROS

Ooma office gives your business a tool that you can use to efficiently to manage your client calls and start point of contact with your phone system. The UI requires minimal training to navigate on PC and offers a separate admin portal to restrict access to settings that are not needed for day to day use.

CONS

The software in some spaces does seem to be dated. The UI layout does seem less advanced that other providers and that could be to simply use. Power and Advanced users running business in IT like to have full function and features of their software to properly deploy solutions to problems.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Availability of customer service to help with onboarding in a timely manner. The system could use improvement in the integrations department for automation

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

TELUS did not offer the features that Ooma office did for our daily needs in a phone system.

Jessica

Reviewed May 2018

Good for a small business who just needs a phone

PROS

We have used Ooma for several years now and it has served its purpose as our "main" number. Since our office is fairly virtual and we typically deal with customers via email and online meetings, we just needed a phone and Ooma is a good option. Set up was super easy and has been mostly maintenance free. We have customers in both the US and Canada and this service allows calls from both and there is no additional per minute charge when calling Canada. The Virtual assistant, who answers calls when there is no one to take them, was easy to set up and seems to work most of the time. You can create your own recording to answer the calls as well as use the automated voice service.

CONS

While it was easy to set up, we have had a few connectivity issues. Some of it is unpreventable - with a VoIP phone service you need internet, and if that goes out there is a problem. But there have been a few times where the Ooma server was down and we weren't notified. Also there is a function that allows you to have automated withdrawals to pay for account overages. Sometimes this service would not be working and they would cancel our conference bridge subscription without notice. We have used the conference bridge service for a while now and it is mostly reliable, but is most affected by this funding/billing defect.

Jeremiah

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Communication Services on a Budget

Ooma Office is very easy to set up and for the most part affordable when looking for very basic communication services. Customer service and technical support is a joke! I can call about the same issue 15 times in one day and every time I get a different answer on how to fix an issue, including them wanting me to purchase new equipment or blaming it on my ISP. When the Ooma Office service is up and running correctly, it's absolutely amazing and solid.

PROS

The software seems to be stable, never really have many issues.

CONS

Sometimes the call quality is horrible or just flat out unable to connect and it seems they have a lot of outages. Ooma Office service does NOT work with traditional fax machines, this has been an ongoing issue with Ooma Office from day one. If you are looking to use a traditional fax machine, be advised it will only work 25%-40% of the time, and you would be better off keeping a landline for fax services.

Reason for choosing Ooma Office

Ooma Office Mobile App was the ONLY thing that sold me.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

The only reason I made this switch was due to the face Ooma Office has the mobile app. The prior company did not offer that. Personally, if it wasn't for the mobile app, I would be back at the other company.

Rohin

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Excellent product

Pleasant. Compared to other services, I liked it the best. The app function is nice for when we're away from the office and can work from anywhere.

PROS

Ease of getting started. Setup and functionality are great.

CONS

My phone that I chose runs off wifi. Downsides are if wifi is down but also at random times, calls can be fuzzy. But it can go away on its own or if we hang up and redial it's always better. Infrequent that this happens.

Maria