What are Ooma Office users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ooma Office software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ooma has a great online system that allows you to easily forward calls to your cellphone and send faxes. The online system is very user friendly and I have not had any issues with."
  • icon"Easy integration, setup and porting of numbers. We like the ease of use of the virtual receptionist and the new SMS and text messaging is great."
  • icon"Can be utilized in many different ways. Customer service is great."
  • icon"Limitations on the Ooma Business products. Problems transferring calls in larger installations."
  • icon"Sometimes the call quality is horrible or just flat out unable to connect and it seems they have a lot of outages."
  • icon"It is very pricey, especially having to pay each month."

Browse all Ooma Office Reviews

• Have you used Ooma Office and would like to share your experience with others?

Bernard

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Not a bad solution but very basic

Robert Wallace

A Solid Option For Small Businesses

The Ooma platform has been great for our office. The apps and web portal give us everything we need to have a customized set up. The only problems we've had have been hardware related, and those were resolved by their support team.

Pros

The Ooma Business platform is pretty robust and easy to setup and use. We've been able to deploy phones and fax and our clients get a professional experience when they call us.

Cons

There are a couple of quality of life features missing, i.e. you can text from mobile, but not from desktop.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

The price, features, and reliability.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Limited functionality and difficult setup/management.

Alexis

Industry: Law Practice

Love the mobile application along with the desktop application

My overall experience has been amazing. You get a professional quality phone system with the same exact pricing as our previous analog phone system.

Pros

With the mobile phone application, it is extremely easy to disguise my personal cell phone number with our company phone number. The mobile application also has a built-in text message feature with unlimited ability to send and receive messages. As to the desktop application, the ability to place and receive phone calls, text messages, and send faxes really makes the Ooma platform ideal for small businesses such as ours.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about the software is some of the features with respect to the tutorials that Ooma has available to ensure the staff becomes familiar and comfortable with the use of the program. There are several features such as Call Park, Call Flip, and a few others. While these features are amazing in theory they are somewhat difficult to learn how to use them.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

I did not need to purchase a server system in order to use the program. All I needed was about a $100 switch and some data lines.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Needed a virtual secretary which our previous phone provider wasn't offering at the time of the switch.

March 2022

Ooma Office - Best Phone System for Small Business

Worked elsewhere and every change had to be made by technical support. Love being able to alter the call flow based on changes to the business. Much quicker and cheaper to do it yourself.

Pros

Great low-cost business phone system. Easy to set up call flows and add new team members or groups. All call are directed to the receptionist first and then to the rest of the office.

Cons

Initial Ooma phone purchases are expensive but you cannot be the value for the monthly service.

Chet

Ooma Office delivers

We have saved a lot of money and at the same time have been able to add a lot of features and integrate flexibility into our communications.

Pros

The virtual assistant is great and saves a lot of time and effort with incoming calls. Also, the feature that captures voicemail and e-mails them to you as an audio file is great.

Cons

There is really nothing to dislike. There really are no weaknesses.

Cost.

Ooma Office is a critial tool

The company and support team have been great to deal with. Not only has the customer service been superb, but the quality of the product (phones) and service (call quality) has been amazing. While the app could use some minor work, it is a great service that fulfills its job and more.

Pros

I have had a great experience with Ooma Office for our business phone service. It has features that we need, and they continue to innovate with new offerings.

Cons

The app could be better-- it lacks some features, but also may sometimes miss calls

poor service

Matthew

Industry: Photography

Ooma office - Like a bad marriage that fails within the first month

At this point, we started looking for another provider that could provide a simple solution for a sole-proprietor business at a savings. We found DialPad, which has been a DREAM to set up. Every interaction with DialPad has been pleasant and easy. We initiated the porting of our business number from Ooma to DialPad. Because of the length of time the porting took, we went over our 30-day trial period. Once the port was complete, cancelling the Ooma service was a nightmare. They want to hit me with the cost of the deskphone! There was a rental agreement hidden in the contract. The phone was not free! Early termination fees! They want me to pay to ship the phone back to them that I didn't want, otherwise they will charge me for the phone if they don't get it back. This whole experience has been like extortion. If you don't need any phone hardware to run your business, DO NOT accept any "free" equipment from anyone trying to get you to switch to Ooma. I spent 37 minutes on the phone trying to get them to send me a prepaid return label for the phone. I was transferred to a manager who told me that he sent me the label. After hanging up, there was no label, just the boilerplate email with the shipping address that they want me to send it to. I replied saying that the manager told me that he was sending the label. The response was that they don't send prepaid labels. FAIL!

Pros

Not much. I was sent a desk phone as part of a 30-day trial. I didn't want a deskphone, but they said it was included in the trial. After I agreed to try their service, he kept calling me every day to see if I got the phone yet. The phone was fine. I have a small desk. I don't need a bulky corded phone on my desk. I mostly use a soft phone or my cell phone with an app to take business calls. On the soft phone, I was able to make calls easily enough, although there was an unusually long delay from the time I tried to dial a number and when it actually started ringing on the other end. I never experienced this with RingCentral. Very annoying. Then we decided to port one of our incoming business lines to Ooma. Once the port went through, I then learned that our incoming business line was ported to a fax line. Thankfully one of my existing customers emailed me to tell me that he could not reach me because when he called my business line, he got the loud beeping of a fax machine in his ear. I don't know how many prospective customers I may have lost during the time that my main business line was connected to a fax line. When I tried to contact Ooma customer service to fix this problem (because their admin portal won't let me fix this myself), I waited on hold for 20-30 minutes. Once someone picked up, I had to be transferred to someone else and then the call was dropped. This happened to me two times before I was able to reach someone that was able to reat

Cons

Also, there is no music on hold included with Ooma business plans. You have to buy your own royalty-free music and upload it yourself. Otherwise, your customers hear dead silence when you put them on hold. I also was unable to make my after hours business voicemail greeting work the way it did on RingCentral (and the way it now works on DialPad). Their system couldn't do it. Meanwhile, I continue to get sales calls from Ooma trying to get me to switch back to their service.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

DialPad lets you try their service for free, test it out, without any equipment rental entanglements. Once we knew that we loved it, we switched to a paid account so that we could initiate the porting process. DialPad ROCKS!

RingCentral Office

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Looking to simplify and save money

Shant

Great Small Business Phone and Message System

It has been excellent and saved me lots of time and money.

Pros

It's incredible easy to use and very intuitive.

Cons

Mobile system can be easier to use and missed calls reports need to be integrated.

Cost and ease of use

Sharon

Industry: Graphic Design

Best VoIP for the money

Great experience. It was so simple to set up, I only wish I didn't have to pay extra for the desktop app.

Pros

Ease of set up, the service is reliable, call quality is good, great price and many extras, and customer service is top notch (if you need them at all).

Cons

Desktop app and call recording are only available with a higher prices plan. Occasionally there is a little static on the call or echo, but it could be my internet service as I am out in the country and only get DSL.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

Better price and either more or just as many extras. Much easier setup.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Godaddy service was unreliable and there was a lot of noise during the calls.

Hillary

Great ViOP for small business

Great customer service (if you have issues), low pricing and easy to use.

Pros

Ooma offers great value for small businesses. It's easy to set up and use and has lots of call menu options and call forwarding. You can also set schedules, which are also easy to change. Call logs are available and offer call blocking with a single click, which is awesome to avoid robo and sales calls.

Cons

The phones themselves could be better. They often reboot or "search for base" at in opportune times.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Intermedia wasn't meeting our menu selection needs.

Ooma is Great

Really couldn't be happier with Ooma. We switched from more of a legacy provider and the features that you get with Ooma and for the price make it a 10x times investment for our company for all the features they provide.

Pros

Ooma has amazing support and they are constantly updating their application. Our company has been thrilled with the updates over the years and it is such a reliable product that we feel we are definitely getting the best value we can from them.

Cons

Really happy with everything but my least favorite part about the software would be the apps. They seem to crash or don't sync with my phone as often. We purchased and pay for the Ooma plan for their phones but the apps come free of charge I just wish the apps worked a lot better.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

We did a trial of Dialpad and found the service spotty and unreliable.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

We wanted to switch to a VOIP phone provider and needed caller-id and to answer phone calls anywhere in the world.

Affordable VOIP/eFax with most features you'll ever need in the base license

Overall, they've been great to deal with. Pre-provisioned phones were plug and play. Porting numbers in was painless on Ooma's end.

Pros

Cost per line is very affordable at $20 per line. Android/iOS soft phone and eFax included in base rate. The only downside is softphone for PC/Mac requires upgraded license.

Cons

Voicemail transcription is an extra cost, as is PC/Mac softphone, which is a bummer. Otherwise, no complaints.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

Ooma's price point was excellent, including the hardware.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Switched from AT&T Cellular Landline service due to unreliablity of LTE signal in new office and AT&T's inability to use existing hardware as VOIP ATA.

Jessica

Great Phone Service

Pros

Transferring of calls, ability to answer multiple lines, and the virtual receptionist have been extremely convenient for our busy office.

Cons

Did take awhile to get a hang of how to transfer or conference calls.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Poor call quality and no caller ID option available.

Jenny

Affordable Ooma

Having 24 hour support makes problem solving easy.

Pros

The ease from research through implementation was amazing.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike about the software at this time.

Cost, features and support

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Had bad phone service and no options for call routing. Cost was ridiculous.

April 2022

Easy to use at a great price

Pros

The best part of ooma is the ability to take the phone wherever it is needed

Cons

the online dashboard is a little quirky. Some of the features don't always switch over when needed.

Jagjit

December 2021

Business Calling Dream

Pros

This is the best cost efficient phone service for my fleet on the market right now. Ooma is great and they are leading the market for businesses like mine.

Cons

I really wished that ooma had faster customer service, sometimes having to wait to long.

KIM

OOMA OFFICE

AS A RESULT OF USING THE SYSTEM, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE OUR COMPANY APPEAR A LOT LARGER AS WE CONTINUALLY GROW. ADDITIONALLY, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK MORE REMOTELY.

Pros

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A GROWING ELECTRICAL COMPANY. IT WAS SO BENEFICIAL ADDING OOMA OFFICE TO OUR BUSINESS. WE EASILY INTEGRATED IT INTO OUR CURRENT SYSTEM. WE HAD TO WORK OUT A FEW KINKS BUT NOW IT IS A SMOOTHLY RUNNING SYSTEM. AS OUR COMPANY GROWS, WE HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD MORE SEVICES. THAT'S WHAT I LIKE THE MOST.

Cons

OVERALL, THE SYSTEM IS REALLY GOOD. INITIALLY, I HAD CONCERNS WITH SETTING UP EVERYTHING BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE COMPANY HAS IMPROVED A LOT WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I WOULD ADD A FEW MORE OPTIONS FOR THE VOICE MAIL OPTIONS.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

Ooma was more affordable and offered the options we looking for at the time

Todd

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Ooma Software is a great solution

I have it installed and it works great. For the money and the support I don't think there is a better option. I am a former Ring Central customer.

Pros

Simple Installation Soft phone is excellent and flexible

Cons

The base station and or phones need an occasional reboot

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

Price, ease of set up, special on devices

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Ring Central was more expensive and the support was difficult to navigate.

Alex

Industry: Law Practice

Ooma with the Save! Critical especially during Covid 19 Pandemic

We are using this product exclusively for our firm. The Ooma support staff is always accessible even during pandemic craziness. The sales rep has always been available even after activating the product. I am so happy that I selected Ooma as our phones and fax provider.

Pros

I love the Voice IP system. When the Stay-In-place order was issued by the California Governor, we had little time to react beause the immediate future ws uncertain as to having our business remain open with on-site workers. I was able to make a quick decision to have essential staff literally take the phone system home and plug it into their home internet connection. The phones were amazing as they were plug and play ready. Each line has its own fax capability which was added for a small price. This allowed staff members to file documents and correspondence with digital fax capabilities. Simply Save Documents as PDF and Send. The next major feature that was amazing was the Digitial Receptionsit for call directing.

Cons

I believe if Ooma offered a tutorial reviewing all of the features to be provided directly after activation would have been able to get the staff up to date on the new product. Some staff members indicated that obtaining information as to the use of each feature was not simple to locate on their own.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

Both Ring Central and 8x8 had informed me that I needed to purchase a Server and Switch. With Ooma I still had to purchase a Power Over Ethernet Switch but I did not have to purchase an expensive Server.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

Old phone systems were having a lot of technical issues with the handsets themselves. Also switching from digital faxing was become more common and before we had to be on-site in order to do so. Old phone lines also had no ability for a digital secretary to direct calls without purchasing expensive equipment. Lastly, the attorneys of our firm were constantly having support staff contact client with updates because they were trying to protect their personal numbers. Ooma provides an application where calls can be made and only the work phone number would be shown to the receitpant.

Thomas

Small Business Phone Solution

Overall I am very pleased with the Ooma phone system. It provides a numerous amount of practical features for a very reasonable price. Customer service has been very responsive when needed and with good follow up to make sure all issues were addressed.

Pros

The ease of set up and use. I could easily add all users and setup calling configuration will little instruction.

Cons

Faxing documents has some limitations on page orientation and upload size. Voice mail to text not included with basic package.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

Value. More features at a lower cost.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

To get the features I required the cost was significantly more than I wanted to invest. The hard requirements and monthly service were both much high than Ooma’s product.

Jessica

Good for a small business who just needs a phone

Pros

We have used Ooma for several years now and it has served its purpose as our "main" number. Since our office is fairly virtual and we typically deal with customers via email and online meetings, we just needed a phone and Ooma is a good option. Set up was super easy and has been mostly maintenance free. We have customers in both the US and Canada and this service allows calls from both and there is no additional per minute charge when calling Canada. The Virtual assistant, who answers calls when there is no one to take them, was easy to set up and seems to work most of the time. You can create your own recording to answer the calls as well as use the automated voice service.

Cons

While it was easy to set up, we have had a few connectivity issues. Some of it is unpreventable - with a VoIP phone service you need internet, and if that goes out there is a problem. But there have been a few times where the Ooma server was down and we weren't notified. Also there is a function that allows you to have automated withdrawals to pay for account overages. Sometimes this service would not be working and they would cancel our conference bridge subscription without notice. We have used the conference bridge service for a while now and it is mostly reliable, but is most affected by this funding/billing defect.

Richelle

Industry: Fund-Raising

Ooma Office

Ooma office is great and would recommend to any small business. It is great in price and have had great results with it so far. Our company has been using Ooma for a few years now and have recommended it to a few of our clients.

Pros

Ooma has a great online system that allows you to easily forward calls to your cellphone and send faxes. The online system is very user friendly and I have not had any issues with. Customer service is very repsonsive whenever we have any issues or questions. They generally are able to troubleshoot issues over the phone with in a few minutes and someone always answers right away.

Cons

One con is that there have been several times when the office phones will just go down. This has happened 3-4 times where the line is unable to connect to any signal and we have to call customer support for them to reboot our line. This has been an ongoing issue with one specific line, so may need a new phone but Ooma has been very responsive to this issue.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

We chose Ooma due to its price and the easy functionality of the package we bought. They had a lot of great features that we use daily that help the everyday work task run smoothly.

Johnny

Industry: Wholesale

Affordable, very reliable VOIP phone service

excellent, and I'd recommended to anyone who wants to save some $$$$$

Pros

the ability to have apps on your smart phone & tablet

Cons

it strictly relies on high speed network, and living here in my area, there's outages from the ISP...other than that, it's still pretty good!

best prices and accessibility

better prices

Ooma Office is a great VOIP Solution for a SMB

Ooma Office was the perfect solution for us as it replaced all the functionality we had with our local landline option and gave us more flexibility with the mobile app, all for a significant savings of over a $100.00 a month.

Pros

Very easy to use, mobile app, e-fax, phone # porting, very affordable, can use existing phones. There is a desktop app available although it cost extra.

Cons

It's not so much about the software, but the quality of VOIP solutions in general are dependent upon the quality and strength of your internet connection. We are connecting using a WiFI adapter since we don't have direct access to the modem. As a result every once in a while the connection isn't so great so the clarity isn't as great as it could be. The other thing I don't like is that the desktop app is extra.

Reasons for choosing Ooma Office

We didn't consider any other VOIP option because I had already been using Ooma at home for 8+ years and knew it was a great solution that was significantly better priced than our existing business solution.

Reasons for switching to Ooma Office

We wanted to save money and gain the flexibility that Ooma provided.

Susan

Great features on mobile app

With Ooma, I am able to leave my business and still get my calls and voicemails no matter where I am. This is really helpful as a single owner/operator of a small business.

Pros

I love being able to forward my business number to my cell phone when not at my business and being able to call using my cell phone as if I was calling from my business number. I also really appreciate being able to see when calls came in and being able to check voice messages.

Cons

I have my cell phone set in a ring group, so when a call comes into my business, it should ring my cell at the same time providing that I am logged into the app. However, if I have it set on wifi only, the call often doesn't completely connect and ring through.

Cost and features