• Pros

• "The app is very easy to use. Good and comfortable integration with another software."

• "Easy to use, the app is very intuitive. The design is good and simple "

• "Outil facile d'utilisation, fonctionnel, design sympa."

• Cons

• "They still lack in their mobile application but they are improving with each update. They have bug fixes off and on but their customer service are swift to tackle the bugs in the software."

• "it has a loot of features, that some times it is a bit confusing so you will need someone ( in my case) to help you to understand it. "

• "Set up is a little tricky at first, however support is fairly responsive. notes They are not in the US so there is a time delay to getting a response. "

Browse Calamari Reviews

Avishkar from SADL Consulting Services

Effective timesheet and leave management - we have a very happy HR Department!

My review pretty much covers it. Resource planning in the Calendar view. Monitoring leave applications and clock in locations. My HR Managers now have confidence in the timesheet information as they can review it in real time and not just at month end.

Pros

We have decentralized operations, and our managers and HR love being able to see presence and location statuses of our employees in real time, and at a high level. The Calendar function in the leave module allows for great oversight and enables more efficient resource management and allocation. The time-sheet and leave reports available are robust and we love the download to excel feature, this perfect tabular format allows for deeper dives on trends, pivot tables etc within Excel. It really is simple to use for employees and managers. The app keeps things simple to enable clocking in/out and applying for leave. Really just very easy to navigate, after training our managers, no one has had to come back to us on how to navigate the system. There are several clock in methods which allows for flexibility, eg smartphone clock-in, QR scans, and browser check-ins. I must also commend the support team for providing excellent back-end support for our administrators! Keep up the great work and service

Cons

A few improvements could be made, such as allowing for attachment uploads from a smartphone for leave applications and for locations to be tagged when clocking in with a QR code.

Parker from Brightspot

Checks Every Box

Couldn't have been better. Less than a month after identifying the need for a new PTO management platform we were launched. The reviews from our team members has been exceedingly positive as well. It is a major upgrade in terms of ease of use, reporting, and notifications from the past platform.

Pros

Months ago, we scoped out our requirements for a PTO management tool. Calamari checked off every box! Coupled with outstanding and responsive customer service, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The process of requesting and approving time off requests, particularly the Slack integration, are a MAJOR upgrade from our previous platform.

Cons

The .csv upload tool can be a little tricky to figure out, but the customer service response is immediate and helped resolve the issues. Onboarding couldn't have gone any more smoothly.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

It was the exact size that we needed. It wasn't overly complex or have too many bells and whistles that would go unused. It met every single requirement we laid out from the start, even the nice to haves!

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Moving to a new time tracking tool that didn't provide a PTO management solution, so needed to find a simple tool for that specific need.

Jenna from Sagefrog Marketing Group

Would recommend!

The customer service and technical assistance that I have received while working with Calamari has been unparalleled. As soon as I signed up for a free trial a representative reached out to me and answered every question I had. For weeks she had very consistent and helpful communications with me and guided me through every step of the way!

Pros

This software is clean, simple and easy to use. it integrates well with Slack and outlook calendars. It's easy for employees to use and keep track of their own time off reporting in an organized way. It's very customizable to out companies accrual rules, holidays, birthdays, working hours and PTO. I really love that our employees do not have to leave the Slack pap to request PTO and check their balance.

Cons

There is little that is missing from this software and they are always making updates! I would say if you have a lot of employees it takes some time to set them all up initially.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

It was fully integrated with Slack and they are competitive in pricing

JIMz from .

the sign-up system is faulty, and no one cares in "support"

Cons

i signed up. received the email, followed the link and only get a green screen asking you to "wait for a while". and after a few HOURS ( you get it right, hours ), that so-called "while" is still there. refresh / quit browser do no help. same link goes to same screen with same words. i received the mail at 0100, tried it on 0300, get the same result. so i contacted them via the webform. i checked back on 0700. my mailbox got nothing - not even a acknowledgement of receiving my email, and surely nothing about why the while is still staying. and yes - same signup link still goes to the same page with the same words. i'm still hopeful, so tried again on 1900 on the same day. now the best part arrived - the same link i tried said "my license expired and my account is blocked". so, what Calamari suggesting, is that my signup license is "looking at their green screen and wait for a while" - but hey, i haven't looked at that for 14 days yet, why have my license expired SO SOON??? is Calamari a hoax for getting my email? the other "positive" reviewers sound SO TRUE, i just can't tell how can that be. i'm not suggesting fake accounts with fake reviews, but i doubt for this kind of performance and stability, how can i handle the attendance / leave management thing of my whole company to it ?

Saul from Barcelona Graduate School of Economics

A good product at high price

I like the software technically speaking, but it seems to me expensive for what it does. A leave management and a clock in software should be so expensive. That's why I am looking for other alternatives like OrangeHRM.

Pros

- Easy of use and implementation - Easy of customization

Cons

- Clock in and leave management have to be paid separately and are expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Because it was easy to set up, and we needed something with no time.

Monika from Software development company

Very simple tool that integrates easily with Jira, Slack and HR payroll software

All in all the system improved our corporate life. Everyone finally knows how many day-off he can/may use during a year.

Pros

We like this tool, because it's synchronized with other tools used in our organization (e.g. outlook Calendar, Jira, Optima, Slack, Office365). It is very userfriendly and intuitive and can be customized the way we need. We have a lot of different types of agreements and hence a lot of different absence types - and the system enables to configure everything the way we need. Additionally we are delighted with a customer support.

Cons

Lots of possibilities to customize ( absence types, calendars, working shifts, approval processes etc.) makes the system more complex to configure and it looks difficult at the beggining, but - when you start to udnerstand different dependancies and how it's built - is stops to be a problem. Customer support is of absolutely marvelous, always responsive and very, very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

It was the only system that had all the features we've looked for - so integrations with Jira, Slack, Optima, and Office365 and complex enough to be able to calcuate different types of absences.

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Previous tools didn't calculate how many days are still to be taken by end user during a year, so our employees and contractors didn't have possibility to control their absences effectively. We also simplified the payroll process - thanks to simple download of data in a proper format to the payroll system - it have eliminated the manual input of absences to payroll system (Optima).

Calamari Review

Pros

This is the easiest software there is for my employees, who often struggled with more complicated ones. Also my favourite part is the ease of contact with customer service who are very fast, helpful and friendly and always solve my problems even when it's something specific for my organisation.

Cons

I have no negatives here. I can see that things that might be done a bit better (but don't disturb daily work) are developed and introduced to make everything better :)

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Zoho was the least intuitive soft I've ever seen and and their customer service was really really bad.

Dick from Team One Adjusting Services

Calamari Feedback

We have rolled it out to our company employees and everyone loves it! Thank you Calamari

Pros

The software is very easy to use in many ways. This flexibility allowed us to tailor it to our company and employees needs.

Cons

Not one thing is unliked. We love Calamari!

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

It just works for us. We wanted our employees to feel like they could use the system to schedule their vacation, sick leave and other needs without being on a time clock.

Henrijs from Twinauto

Great vacation planner for small business

Pros

The software is very easy to use, the deployment was quick and painless. Integrations with popular SSOs like Google and Slack are extremely helpful to avoid that extra password to remember. API is definitely a plus

Cons

The UI can sometimes be less intuitive than it could be. Some features might be missing, but the team welcomes feedback

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Price to features balance was great, nice to support a smaller indie company

Kamila from Woodpecker.co

Calamari really helped

Overall, Calamari definitely did help our HR team to save tons of time spent on monitoring the leaves manually. What is more, our team members can see their history and current leave status live. We can surely see the difference using Calamari brought to our business.

Pros

Very user friendly interface encourages our team members to use Calamari regularly. The tool is also very simple to use so all in-house communication is strengtened because of that. The Success team writes back within minutes and helps with literally everything so the communication between us/ our team and Calamari is great.

Cons

There are still some HR-friendly feautres to add. For now we find that Calamari is more intuitive for team members rather than Administrators. For example, the ability to see the history of different kind of contracts and calculate the leaves accordingly, or setting reminders about medical check-ups and OHS is something we still hope to see.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Very fast and helpful Support (they answered all of our annoying questions and helped us so much with the set-up), interface which was the most appealing to our team, possibility to set up different panel languages for different team members, positive feedback from several team members who had experience with Calamari in their previous workplaces.

Lauren from FYZICAL MetroWest

Good but Not Great

We moved from paper forms to online. Calamari has a nice visual to it, and seemed to me to be intuitive to use. Set up was mediocre; I think it could be easier but also in testing other products, it's not the worst. We chose to use just the time off portion and not the clock in/out option. This does mean, however, that the time accrued for PTO is not accurate, and while I have told my staff that the accurate accounting is on each paystub, they are frustrated by that. Additionally, while I feel the system is really self-explanatory, people seem to have trouble with requesting partial days, changing the type of PTO requested (vacation, sick, etc), and requesting multiple days at once. The customer service is good; they are happy to answer questions you may have. I decided to look into their clock in/clock out option, to streamline three products that we use, but I did not like the options of a mobile app, web app, or beacons. I didn't like that the beacons did not take into account lunch breaks. I could set a lunch break for everyone, but then if they took 45 minutes instead of an hour, or 1hr5min, it doesn't take that into account.

Pros

I wanted a product that fit in our budget, that could keep track of time off requests online. I was tired of paper floating everywhere! Calamari fit that bill.

Cons

There is no way to edit your time off request. If you make a mistake, the entire request has to be deleted, then the manager has to approve the cancellation, then you can resubmit the request. It's a lot of steps.

Cost

Ines from Global4Net Sp. z o.o.

Calamari - worth checking it out

Thanks to Calamari we do not have to calculate absences on our own, add them to calendar, inform other people about absences. Calamari solves it all. Emplyees do not need to ask "How many free days do I still have?" - they can just check it on their own.

Pros

When the company is small, managing the time-off management is not that hard. However, when the company grows, it becomes very time-consuming and gets harder every day. Imagine, you have to count annual leaves of 50+ people on your own! It takes a lot of time and it is easy to make mistakes. Additionally, you have to remember to add info about it to calendar and keep an eye on it. Additionally there are questions: how many free days do I still have? Sounds like a hard unnecessary work. We have discovered Calamari and it was one of the best platforms we have discovered. Users can easily apply for the leave, check how many free days they still got, it is integrated with Gsuite so whenever an annual leave is accepted, it appears in our calendar so we can check whether someone is there or not. Teams can easily check who is not gonna work on a specific day and who can replace that person. From the backoffice side, we can check everything about whole teams, specific people or even set up the acceptance flow for specific absence. No more excel sheets or counting :)

Cons

Nearly every problem we spotted was solved by Calamari team. What could be improved? Some options are not possible to change once set - it can be really problematic, for example settlement of annual leave is either in whole days (with minimum 1/4 od the day) or in hours. Also, if we add a specific type of absence, it is impossible to tick people and move their free days from one absence to another - we had to do it on our own, person after person. It took quite long.

Almost invisible and very flexible absences tracking tool

It takes a while to set up Calamari properly but after you do (and you can always reach out to their support and receive answers and detailed instructions in short time) it works on its own and you just invite new people as they join the team. We have switched from our previousOn a daily basis, I almost don't notice we use Calamari because no one reaches out to me with any issues or questions on how to use it.

Pros

- thanks to Calamari shared calendars being easily added to GCal we can automatically see any planned absences in the team (holidays, remote work, business trips, sick leave etc) directly in our GCals (previously we had to keep a separate shared team GCal for these and add absences manually) - everyone is able to check their current entitlement anytime with just a couple of clicks and request their time off on the go - no need to send emails to multiple people in the company to request time off and have it registered (this was solved with a customised approval flow) - appointing the substitute can be done at the stage of requesting time off - you can send all notifications to Slack and track status of your request from there - multiple, customisable approval flows and absence types - customised holiday calendars which can be linked to individual users or teams (very helpful especially in Germany) - no need to track the absences manually: it takes a couple of clicks to generate absence reports and requests required for payroll - very responsive and competent support

Cons

I only wish that we used Calamari on the company level. With other team being first to register for it, we can't fully integrate with GSuite and it takes up to 24 hours for the Calamari shared calendar to sync with GCal.

Jessica from Metricfire Limited

Great Service!

Pros

I like that I don't have to think about it much, love the Slack integrations for my team and how easy it was to transition from our old process into Calamari. It's simple, clear, and for a small team it has everything I need. The customer support team has always responded promptly when I need anything, and we were even able to extend our trial period in the beginning and converted to a paying customer shortly after.

Cons

So the most annoying thing, and this is a small issue, is not being able to select a range of dates on the calendar by clicking on the days themselves. Again, it's a small thing, but it's something I'm used to in other situations, and so I frequently make the mistake of forgetting it's not possible on Calamari. I suppose the other thing is that it's not always immediately clear how to make use of some of the finer features, and so I simply haven't been bothered to find out if they're even there. For example, I spent a little while searching once for whether we could only make it possible for employees to request annual leave in the future if they will have accrued it by the specified date (and not just if they have already accrued it, if that makes sense), but it wasn't obvious how to do so or even if it were possible, so I just kind of left it. These relatively minor complications are the kind of thing that someone in a rush will just leave in the moment, because they've more important things to do, but will be annoying over time.

Elia from Remitly

Calamari Review

I don't have a lot of time using it, but I do like the interface, it is really user friendly and intuitive. You can easily find the options you need and it allows you to update almost anything. Besides, the integration with Slack makes it really easy for the end users, they just need to add the Calamari bot and they will see the options to punch in, punch out or mark their breaks or lunches. The tool is really cool.

Pros

I truly like that this tool is really complete. It has almost everything you can think of regarding the employees schedules, if you need the users to punch from different locations or to punch from different means like mobile phone or web browser, this tool has it all, it even has the option to print QR codes, you can print the code and place them strategically on your office so the employees can go and scan the code to punch. I also like that it has integration with G Suite and Slack, you can use these tools to import your employees, which makes it really easy to start.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that you need to enter the work days of the employees, you need to specify the time the employees work a day, but if you work in a company where the schedules are updated a lot, this part might be a little cumbersome. Apart from that, all good, the tool has it basically all you need for maintaining your employees schedules.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

We checked some other options, but Calamari was the one that had all we needed and besides the prices are not too high.

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

I don't remember the name of the other tool, but it was kind of old schooled, you needed to install all the program in a computer or server, and you needed to maintain manually the data base and the update of the punch clocks.

Lisa from Astrocast SA

Calamari is a great and user-friendly time management product

Overtime has been much easier to check with Calamari then with the system we used before. It takes less time to implement and gives every manager the possibility to monitor their teams. Users are quite happy with the system: easy to add and validate absences. The many possibilities to add the time in the clock in module, using or not the app, makes it very adaptable to every user.

Pros

it is easy to adapt to any situation, easy to modify and very easy to use. The implementation of the software might take quite long at the beginning, but once it's working, it takes less than 5 min to add new users, adapt their activity rate or week types. The leave module is very practical, especially because anyone can check the absence/presence of all team members. The integration with Outlook and Microsoft Office is a great advantage.

Cons

The only thing that could be improved is to add the possibility to set up a date when there is a change of activity rate or week type for an employee.

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

The product we used stopped to exist and we had to find a replacement to be compliant with Swiss law. Calamari was the more user-friendly and cheaper solution. We really appreciated the reactivity of Calamari teams answering all our questions and doing their best to fit our needs.

Jay from Paradise Solutions

Excellent HR Management tool

On the few occasions that we have required support or assistance they have been extremely attentive both through the live chat feature and over emails. We've received 5 star service at every turn. Our thanks go to their team for being so responsive.

Pros

We use Calamari for a range of HR activities. The most useful features that we use on a daily basis include: 1. Absence Requests: Employees are able to request paid time off / vacations / unpaid leave etc in a formal and structured manner. The approval process is easy to calibrate and set up for managers. Provides an easy process where documentation can be added to support requests (such as medical leave notes). 2. Calendar feature: When payroll exceptions need to be considered, the calendar feature is an easy way to make any adjustments that need to be made. It also enables you to plan for staggering of vacations for employees inside the same department. 3. Employees: Easy to create a database of all employees where information from starting dates, salary etc. can be recorded and quickly accessed. 4. Reports: Functional and and easy to prepare using this feature.

Cons

As far as the requirements of our business go, Calamari offers all the necessary features (and additional ones) that we need. We have no complaints regarding the software that have come up in the time we have been using it.

Matthew from MCA

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

An integrated solution

Our staff’s adoption of Calamari has been smooth. As a time card replacement and a PTO tracker it has been great.

Pros

We were looking for a tools that helped to keep our staff able to manage their hours and leave but also remain within a system that was SSO. Functionality, the more integrated with our identity provider (Microsoft 365) the better for our managment and for staff ease of adoption. Calamari has worked out great. We also appreciate that Calamari worked with us in our unique position to put together a pricing option that considered the blended nature of our staff needs. This was a large value-add.

Cons

We like that Calamari remains under development. It would be nice if it was able to integrate further with the growing system of time and shift managment in Microsoft Teams. This may be a limitation of Microsoft’s structure but we would love to see it nonetheless.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Pricing and Microsoft integration pushed Calamari over the edge competitively.

Kat from Sasakawa USA

Offer great policy integration

Pros

We could build in our leave policies so that Calamari enforces the rules automatically (e.g., who is eligible to take school visitation leave, awarding some leave annually and some by days worked, different minimum durations for different leave types, etc). It offers very granular control over the setup, and is very intuitive and smooth once setup.

Cons

The downside of having such detailed control options is the steep learning curve in the implementation process. Fortunately, the customer support staff are great and really helpful with figuring everything out. I'd like Calamari to implement an "edit" feature for approved leave requests, which would be more convenient than cancelling and resubmitting.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Calamari had the best policy integration, and we have a whole variety of policies for a variety of leave types.

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

It was a homegrown system that was overly complicated to manage and whose software could change on short notice (we relied on a free add-on for the approval process).

Camille from Graphic Design

Amazing HR app, saved me from having to hire HR professionals

We were looking for an HR solution for an SME, and we selected this one. We set it up a little over two years ago, and have not really had any glitches since. Once a year, we program the vacations for the whole year, and it does the rest. Employees request leave through the app as well. I highly recommend this software for companies of similar size.

Pros

Manages employee hours, vacations, and sick days without a glitch. Also works great with iBeacon. I purchased and configured an iBeacon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019G0VS64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), and configured it to work with the free Calamari app on each employees mobile. The result is that the software could keep track of every employee the second they walk in, and their last exit from the office every day.

Cons

I have not really had anything that I didn't like. I had trouble deleting employees who left our company, but the support staff were very prompt, helpful, and friendly.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied February 2019

Camille, Thank you for the feedback!

absence management and clock in/clock out were never so easy

Super easy leave management and clock in/clock out (using beacon).

Pros

It's a new way of absence & leave management. You can plan and track all types of vacation, paid time off, sickness and you can do it without old, annoying paper forms. You'r always few mouse clicks from your dreamed vacations ;) Another wery importand feature is clock in/clock out - it's super easy to use especially with bluetooth beacons support. Place a token in your office reception and install/configure calamari app on our phone. That's all! You can forget about clockin in/out ever again. It will by done automaticaly when you enter/leave your offiice. If you don't want to use beacons or when you'r work from home you can still clock in/out "manual" from mobile app. It's worth to mention that calamari has super helpfull customer service.

Cons

Beacon support for Android phone still need some fine-tunning compareing to iOS version. Except that - it's just perfect!

Ashley from PDC Law

Great product and really simple to use

Calamari was simple to implement and use. All features have been welcomed by our company and we look forward to seeing new modules added in the furture.

Pros

The product has allowed us to bring our clocking in system alongside our Holiday requests, it gives us a better overview of which staff are working and when. The timesheet feature allows us to easily work out hours worked at the end of each month so that payroll becomes much easier to control. Having the ability to export to excel makes reporting simpler and less time consuming.

Cons

We would like to be able to set up shift patterns for staff on a rolling basis. Some staff members will work different shifts each week so rather than a project A or B we would like to see multiple shift patterns to click on to clock in and email notifications to be sent to management should staff members be late or not attend a shift.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

The trial went well and seemed to do all that we needed at the time

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

We had a card reader for clocking in and a separate system for holidays which would then need manually adding to the clocking in system. We wanted something to bring these systems together and also help when it came to payroll and the calculation of overtime.

Saul from Barcelona School of Economics

Good software but expensive for us

It is an excellent software that does what it says. For us and for every company that does not have budget for many SaaS, the price is too expensive. As responsible for the IT internal services, we probably will change the software in the next year for a cheaper one because we are an ONG Foundation and we cannot afford it. For the rest of SaaS we use to have specific budget agreements for non-profit or educational institutions.

Pros

usability the software is mature enough

Cons

I would say that the price is our worst handicap By other hands, I would like to have more functionalities like HR (contacts, payrolls, etc) management.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Easy of use, sync with G Suite, check-in.

Agnieszka from GreenSteam

Industry: Maritime

Growing organisation

The Calamari implementation within our company was easy and quick, very well supported by Calamari support. We use integration with Google Suite and Slack. We use the Calamari leave module on daily basis for applying for different kinds of absences, as well as reporting onsite presence in the office since COVID-19 started, I use a dedicated absence type to register and track employees presence at the office. As an admin and approver I work with Calamari on a daily basis, it is easy to use, I use the mobile version on my smartphone as well. So far the contact with Calamari support was easy and fast. The functionalities are suitable for growing organisation, it is easy to increase the number of employees covered by the application. My overall satisfaction with Calamari is high and I would recommend it for growing and fast-changing organizations.

Pros

ease of implementation, good contact with support, ease of use, mobile version , integration with Slack, Google Suite, Jira, ease of renewing the subscription, the development of the application functionalities

Cons

I only miss one functionality - the automation of moving approved hours/days from one absence type to another

Arkadiusz from Centra Technology AB

The best tool for the absence management

Thanks to Calamari, managing absences and holidays of all the employees in two offices, in two different countries is now fairly simple and efficient. Each office may have its own rules and holidays and yet, thanks to the shared calendar and employee catalogue, we have a full transparency of whom, when and why has a day off.

Pros

- Simple and yet powerful management of absences (approving holidays through Slack is such a time saver) - Extended setup possibilities for the absence types (accrual rules) - Possibility of configuring everything, including holidays calendars, types of absences, contracts and approval processes - Slack and google calendar integrations - Great customer care and fast feedback, our issues with Slack integration were solved pretty fast

Cons

- The look and feel of the web app is a bit outdated (but it's simple and clean which is good) - UX is a bit clunky from time to time (especially when you have multiple accrual rules to work with under one absence type)

Brianna from Hannon Hill Corporation

User-Friendly, Affordable, and Customizable

Our current HRIS/Payroll system doesn't properly accommodate our unique PTO policies, therefore we had to find an outside solution. Calamari has been wonderful. It was very easy to setup and we've had great adoption from our employees. They use the system every single day.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use and how the customization. We have unique time off policies and teleworking policies. The system can accommodate all type of policies.

Cons

The sync or integration with Google was a little challenging. We had to contact the support team a few times to get it fully integrated and working properly. However, the support team was responsive and helpful.

Uros from SRL PEAK Software Solutions

Industry: International Trade and Development

Brief after 6 months of use

Not that good, but not bad.....I see it as product which is developing, so will wait to see till end of the year are there any improvements.

Pros

Useful product with lot of integrations and useful features. Simple and clean without crowded features icons etc.

Cons

USABILITY! As a person who use various web applications on daily basis for decades, I find not that intuitive position of some buttons and especially on large screens my "pointer travel time" to reach click button is long. Also, just by adding some minor improvements usability can be better. Proposals: - implement possibility that user choose font (or change font, it might be personal taste, but existing one is so 2010) - number of records per one listing / page. I am currently running small company ~20users and I frequently need to change pages to load more results for list of employees lets say. maybe somewhere in settings you can allow admin to select number or rows per page. - maybe replace tabbed navigation with accordeon, sometimes is useful to see multiple values from different tabs selected and at the end - creating accrual rules its complete nightmare, your support team (kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) saved you for leaving this product. He really set up everything for me.....but.....user should be able to do it by himself, right? so...very very hard to set it up

Mariusz from Laurens Coster

Great, easy and very helpful product! Now I can not imagine how we actually

Pure market analysis

Pros

Calamari helps my company handle holidays. It allows me to easily control, monitor all absences and what is really helpful helps me to decide if I should accept holiday request, when someone in my team had requested and this request has been already accepted! That is the core functionality for me :) I really love integrations that Calamari provides me! At first: GSuite (by Google) - I do not have to worry about creating new accounts and I can see all of absences in my Google Calendar (this is my favorite) . Another huge integration is with Slack, which is main messenger in my company. I can just accept and decline requests without login in into Calamari! On the other hand I really like is Calamari support, those guys (especially Hubert) are fast as lightning, very thoughtful, proactive and they for sure will help you configure your instance. Communication with them is pleasure :) Once Calamari is configured is maintenance-free, and very very comfy!

Alannah from Unipro Ltd

Easiest Software to use

I do enjoy using Calamari. It is easy to learn how to navigate around the system and all employees know how to use it with ease. It is very self explanatory, pleasant layout and I can adjust employees holiday settings or absence requests very quickly. Support is excellent and always available for me to contact him. I like the calendar which gives a simple but quick overview of my company whereabouts. It doesn't take much admin time to set up a new employee or archive an employee.

Pros

However, Kamil is a great help, very patient when I suddenly get called into a conference meeting and is always willing to support and understand your needs.

Cons

The only down side is that it only has holiday and absence on there and nothing else. It would be brilliant if Calamari explored the market and expanded the systems functionalities such as adding a performance management section, recruitment section and incorporated all HR jobs into one system.

Anjula from Fixel Digital (Pvt) Ltd.

Leave Management Made Easy

Hassle-free leave and attendance management system with always smiling customer support team.

Pros

As a startup, I was looking for a perfect solution for leaves and attendance management. By using Calamari, you can approve your employee’s leaves from your fingertips. And every detail you need is available on their dashboard.

Cons

Having issues sometimes with the attendance management as the beacon system doesn't work with us well yet. Hopefully, they will fix it in future as I have faith in them.

Michelle from Zucora Inc.

Simple, easy to use time management system!

Simple to use software to easily manage schedules, PTO, and accruals.

Pros

We love Calamari! From new users who find the interface very simple to use from administrators who can customize teams, approval flows, weekly schedules, accruing PTO, and reporting, Calamari does it all! There are always new updates which we are loving and find them super easy to implement and make our experience even better. Highly recommend this product!

Cons

The only improvement that I would suggest would be to allow the employee list to be sorted by your preference. Such as the ability to put the last name first; Smith, John.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied September 2017

Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback. Happy user is the greatest reward!

Ayushie from Enercross

Tracking Leaves made easy

Leave Management has been made really easy by Calamari, both for the employer and the employees.

Pros

Calamari has been a great tool for managing the leaves of our workforce. It's been a pleasant experience using it! The support team is also excellent and promptly solved all the problems that we faced in the beginning. Pretty flexible to accommodate all leave types.

Cons

Not much to say! I couldn't think of any suggestion for now.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

We required something with clear features for Leave Management more than time clock in and clock out

Silvie from Memsource

Industry: Translation and Localization

Calamari - a great tool

We are using calamari for about a year and are happy for this switch to paperless mainly for the reasons mentioned in the Pros section and also to be able to have all data in one place. In overall, a great tool!

Pros

We like that calamari syncs with Slack and the Google calendar, which gives the whole team a good overview of who´s at the conference, on vacation, working remotely etc. Also, the approval system is easy for managers as they can approve or reject requests via slack. The tool is easy to use and intuitive. I´d like to point out the super fast, friendly and excellent technical support team, namely reps who are always happy to help :-)

Cons

Sometimes downloading reports at the end of the month is slow.

erik from Watchful Innovations

Reliable, Use Anywhere in the World Boss tools

Great the times I had questions support was fast, the app works across all platforms, and accessible anywhere

Pros

Its straight forward interface, even fixing employees times is easy, and the automation of the overall software is great, work hours, breaks, vacations, even after hours time tracking is easy, makes payroll fast

Cons

I only have one definition of what works and what doesnt work and Calamari always WORKS,

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Software looked ready to plug and play

Interface had to be BUILT OUT, and I have not the time

Francesca from SeyVillas GbmH

Useful feature and prompt customer care support

We can precisely track the working hours and each employee can organize his/her time. We use it for holidays, home office, working hours, special holidays requests.

Pros

It covers many fuctions and it is flexible in case of special working hours conditions or special holidays requests. We use it for example for the normal holidays as well as for home office, unpaid holidays, sickness of the child of an employee, spcial days off due to a master or a course, etc.

Cons

If a contract of a employee changes during his period at our company (for example from a 40 hours contract to a 32 hours one), it is difficult to modify the terms in Calamari. It is possible though, so it is still fine.

Ulf from Mindcurv GmbH

We are happy with our decision for Calamari as our Absence Management tool

It improved absence management and leave transparency significantly

Pros

Calamari is easy to implement, administrate and use. The customer support and the flexibility of the team is outstanding. The tools is feature rich but clean in design. New features and improvements are added on a regular basis and the roadmap is made transparent. Integrations to google, slack or other tools are in built. Customizing to specific needs is possible. Calamari increased management and transparency on absence/leaves significantly.

Cons

Nothing in specific. If something was missing or did not work as intended we always found a quick solution

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied July 2017

Thanks Ulf! We love to work with Mindcurv :)

Marta from DBMS

Calamari is a modern and easy to use program for managing absences at work! :)

Pros

We were looking for an HR solution for me, and we already find it! No documents, no signatures, no waiting for decisions. The system makes communication much easier, especially when the office has several locations. Employees have the calendar, they see the absence of their colleagues in other offices and this is a huge plus! It's good that you can configure everything for your business - add vacation days, e.g. for birthday (yes, if you have a birthday, you have free day in our company ;)) Working time is very important to us. We always had a traditional list, but employees forgot to sign on. Now everything is in one place - mobile, laptop, you can use it everywhere you need, even if you are ouf of office, for conference or couse! Interface is very friendly and easy to use not only for me as administration, but for employees too. In addition, we have everything configured with slack And the most important for the end - customer support is the best support ever!

Cons

Sometimes it is not possible to end the work day correctly, I have to do it manually as an administrator.

Anja from Luna\TBWA

Calamari is very easy to use, is transparent and our employees love this software.

Pros

Transparency, choice between different groups and the approval flows. Easily adding new employees to the system and editing employee data. Easy transfer of data into excel tables. Modeling the types of absences is very easy and transparent. Everyone is equally accessible. We like the quick response of the Calamari Group!! We recommend this software to all types of companies!

Cons

The price could be slightly more optimal, otherwise it is OK. We would like to have a chance to insert collective holidays, to put all employees in the calendar at the same time. However, the Calamari group always helps.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied March 2018

Thank you Anja for a great review!

Excellent value from Calamari!

Excellent value and customer service. Would absolutely (and have) recommend this product for small businesses on a budget.

Pros

This software has everything we need to manage our time and attendance smoothly. It is also an excellent value considering other softwares on the market. Customer service is excellent, responsive and implements new ideas with a willingness to make their users happy.

Cons

Reporting could be expanded....but maybe it’s already in development.

Aaron from Grace Assembly Petaling Jaya

A very user friendly system, for both young and old

Smoother HR in leave application and approval and also reduction of paperwork and head count in HR.

Pros

Calamari is an easy to use HR system, with easy and simple setup for any organisation. It convenient and easy to access as it is a web-based system. The system can cater for both local and international organisation with option to customize according to the country's holiday requirements.

Cons

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied August 2017

Hey Aaron! It has been great to work with you. Thanks to your suggestion. We are in touch! Ewelina

Shawn from Internet

Great Value Remote Time Management Software

I enjoyed it and will continue to use it.

Pros

Great value for the money, easy to learn, easy to manage

Cons

Could use more functionality, such as "batch editing" of employees so that I can select 10 employees at once and edit them all to the same "schedule"

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Calamari is easier to use

Julie from Big Fish Local

Incredible level of service

We were using a spreadsheet to track employee leave before we switched to Calamari - we're a small organization, so the spreadsheet worked for a time, but this was a huge upgrade. It has everything we need and more to keep track of leave. Very easy to use, and I love the incredible level of support they offer. Can't wait to check out the time tracking upgrades they are planning to roll out.

Pros

The customer service is some of the best I've experienced. I took a video tour when I was considering the software, and the person who helped me with that was great, following up with me and going out of her way to make sure I had all the information I needed. The software is easy to use, and if you get stuck they are happy to help you out. They also do a lot of the setup for you, which is wonderful. The pricing is very reasonable, and the leave tool is more than we need for our small organization.

Cons

The time tracking software didn't have all the features I was looking for at the time I was comparing tools, so I only chose to use Calamari for the time tracking tool. I want to reevaluate next year though, because they are adding more features and it'd be great to have everything all in one place.

Kamil from Mode Sensors AS

Industry: Medical Devices

Great product with potential

Pros

Easy integration with Office 365, support for multi-region teams, basic reporting capabilities

Cons

Bad integration with Calendars - only exposing calendar data. My strong recommendation would be to implement the functionality of 'managed invites system' which would: -Send the invite (representing vacation time range) to the persona requesting time-off + to his manager (or to anyone defined in the settings) -This invite would then be completely managed by Calamari: it would get edited if time-off request was approved, it would get cancelled if user cancelled his vacation plans, etc. et. - the main advantage here would be that users can stick to their normal calendars (so the whole teams can see when someone is available by only checking this person's calendar) without the need for syncing with another yet calendar exposed by Calamari system. This comment might apply mostly to Office 365 users which I believe might be quite a lot within business users (if you add to the list appropriate support for GOffice, you get pretty much good coverage among business users already).

Lauren from The Barbados National Registry for chronic NCDs

Great program! Has helped me keep track of everyone's leave and overtime. Excellent customer service

Pros

1) Pretty easy to figure out and set up in the Clock-in module. 2) Excellent support! For things that weren't so intuitive, the Calamari team was more than willing to assist. 3) Once I figured out how to set up our vacation accrual things were great! 4) Very accommodating in adapting the program to meet my needs.

Cons

1) Tutorials and knowledgebase could have a few more examples of different scenarios that the administrator might encounter when setting up more complex leave policies. That being said, the Calamari team was more than willing to guide through anything I wasn't sure of. 2) Wish there was a way to set weekly work hours rather than have to set specific working hours daily. For e.g. I have part-time employee who doesn't necessarily have to come in at any set time each day, they just need to log a certain amount of hours each week. (Calamari team indicates they are working on it) 3) Wish the program better facilitated employees who switched from part-time to full-time without having to make an entirely new profile for that employee. (Calamari team indicates they are working on it)

Jason from Moonstone Interactive

Why Moonstone appreciates Calamari

So far, we at Moonstone are all enjoying Calamari. The initial set-up was fairly easy and ongoing changes are super easy. Logging PTO can be tricky for some of our employees when they're only requesting a few hours a day, but nothing to stop us from using the tool

Pros

As we began reviewing software to meet our PTO tracking needs, Calamari stood out as an easy to use web-based tool. And when we began implementation we discovered even more benefits than we were previously aware of, like the ease of modifying entitlement at the click of a button! And it's so easy to modify a single user's accrual policy, and audit all user's monthly allotment.

Cons

The biggest issue we faced when implementing the software was my assumption that the integration into Jira also included Jira Cloud, this is not the case so we're using both systems simultaneously and have to perform a few manual tasks at the end of every month.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

We chose Calamari based on price and the assumption it would integrate into Jira Cloud, but even without that integration we continue to use the tool as it suits our needs and it super easy to use

Izabela from Infinity Group Sp. z o.o.

How Calamari makes our work easier

We've been using Calamari for 4 months now. It's easier to plan work and manage absences since then.

Pros

Calamari has everything you need to manage attendance efficiently. 1. Fisrt of all you can configure it according to your needs. For example I have created 13 approval flows for leave requests. Other solutions I'd tried before Calamari allowed me to create up to 4. During the whole set-up process I had an impression it was custom made. Unbelievable. 2. When you see absence calendar of all employees it is so much easier to plan work 3. You can add as many types of absences as you need 4. It is possible to integrate it with Jira - our Project Managers just love it! It makes their work much easier 5. There's a mobile app. 6. Reports - essential for payroll team, the board and HR 7. Calamari Team - fantastic and very helpful professionals 8. The price! Great value for money

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Integration with Jira. Ability to configure the product according to our needs. Price.

Tim from Well Played Games

Industry: Computer Games

(Not an HR expert but...) Calamari is a very user-friendly and well-featured HR platform

We've found Calamari has met the needs of our business from being an easy thing to adopt as a start-up to being a well-featured product suitable for us now we've grown to 25-30.

Pros

Slick dashboards, good feature set, great customer support.

Cons

Tracking worked hours can get a bit messy with flexible working hours and lunches, especially in cases like booking half day holidays. It's a hard problem to solve though, I'm sure!

Vridhi from kidsFIRST Medical Center

Calamari Review

Pros

This software has been extremely helpful and has saved me a large amount of time on a regular basis. I love the calendar feature where I can see everyone's leave at the same time and also look at leave for each department individually. I also think the comments feature for each leave approval is useful when looking at an employee's leave historically. I would definitely recommend this software to others. It was also very easy to launch and most of our employees have found it easy to use.

Cons

Initially, I was very excited that Calamari has an app that can be used as well, however as as administrator I have not found the app very useful. I prefer to use the website on my phone than use the app.

Runney from Deutsche Telekom AG Shenzhen Representative Office

more channel for question clarification

experience is good.

Pros

easy to use. very user friendly. good service on supporting on purchasing.

Cons

Technical support. but minor things need to be improved: 1. Functionality: leave application - can't modify application submitted to the system. (feedback you are under development) - easy to continue with default leave type(eg: annual leave is the default type). expected: default leave type is NONE, it's up to user to select. 2. Technical support Any question clarification have to reply on email, if call can be set up or video conference (similar like conference before purchasement) will be more helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

English supporting if compare with other alternative products

Tatiana from Sprout Social

Calamari is user-friendly, intuitive and their support is incredible!

Calamari helped our team automate the PTO request and approval process, eliminating a lot of manual work.

Pros

A couple of features that really made a difference for us were the integrations with Google calendars and Slack. The reports available for managers and administrators have also been a big help for our team! Customer rep did an amazing job with setting up the account, and he really helped us customize items that were important to us. In addition, the Calamari team was able to build and change a few features that were essential to our team. It is clear to us that this platform is always evolving, and that Calamari is committed to delivering what customers need. We are very happy with what we have seen so far!

Cons

The only thing we would really like to see is an integration with Google Team Calendars. We rely heavily on Slack to warn teams about absences, and unfortunately, this is not something that can be done via Calamari at this time.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied June 2017

Thanks Tatiana for this stellar review:) and as you mentioned at Calamari we are committed to delivering what customers need.