KORONA

KORONA Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love the degree of control. I like how simple inventory counts are and I hopeful that it will have profound impact on ordering."
  • icon"Easy setup and great customer service. Set up was easy and a vast improvement."
  • icon"Easy to use and customize how I need it. Integrates with systems for apps, online ordering, website, delivery/curbside pickup."
  • icon"Entering inventory with a scan gun that allows you to update quantity and cost."
  • icon"The call back time from customer service is not ideal for in the moment problems."
  • icon"Still not every thing we need and difficulties expressing our needs."

Browse all KORONA Reviews

• Have you used KORONA and would like to share your experience with others?

Oniqueh

Great POS and Support Team

We transitioned multiple software solutions looking to find something that would fully integrate while also helping us dig deeper into our sales data and manage our inventory more closely. Korona has provided solutions for all of those things and made it so much easier to manage our business uniformly across all three tasting room locations as well as managing our Wine Club and online store. Of all the software solutions we transitioned to this year, Korona greatly exceeded the customer service of all others. While other solutions were hard to get in contact with (especially with a real person), Korona was always easy to reach, extremely personable, knowledgeable, and quick to help.

Pros

The reporting you are able to do in Korona is amazing. It helps us make decisions about store hours, staffing, products to re-order, etc. much easier. We liked being able to customize the buttons in a way that made the most sense for our business and staff. It is much easier to train new staff members on Korona compared to our previous POS software, which is great! Our favorite part of the software would be the Support and even Sales team though, they made the transition so easy and continue to promptly assist us with any issue or concern that arises. They work with us to ensure we are happy with the way things are operating and are just AMAZING overall!

Cons

We have struggled with getting the Quickbooks integration to work correctly for us. We also purchased a tablet from them that is extremely slow and frustrating to use the software on.

Reasons for choosing KORONA

The pricing and features available from Korona was better than the others we had previewed. Plus the ability to adjust the quantity of POSs we have active seasonally to fit our business needs.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Oniqueh. We're proud of our customer service, so that's really nice to hear :) Call us with questions anytime!

Replied July 2019

Kristen

Best business decision!

I had such an antiquated system before, implementing Korona has been a huge game changer for my overall profitability. Implementation was seamless and painless! The support staff is great and always ready to help. Had I known it would be this easy, I would have made the switch sooner!

Pros

Korona makes it so easy to manage my business remotely. I can easily update pricing, enter stock receipts and view all my sales data from the website. All the POS features are customizable based on your business and the reporting is pretty endless.

Cons

My only "want" at this point is more features available from the mobile version of the back office.

Reasons for choosing KORONA

I ran a custom software development company for 12 years prior and the second I set up a demo account, I knew the interface would meet my high expectations. My account executive got right to the point and answered all my questions. There was no "selling" me, which I loved. The software did that already, working with a team like Korona is exactly what I was looking for!

Reasons for switching to KORONA

Running reports and accessing the data I need to make business decisions was a nightmare. The software was not web-based and does not run on a Mac computer. Working in that system was so time consuming.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks, Kristen! We're always working on improving the product and service, and the mobile side of the back office will have new features soon. We'll keep ya posted!

Steven

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

KORONA Review

Pros

Software was good and features designed

Cons

Cost to much should have cheaper price for people

Response from COMBASE

Hi Steven, thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that you liked our product, but sorry to hear that it wasn't in your price range. We strive to provide reasonable prices for each of our POS software solutions. KORONA's software-as-a-service always comes as a flat monthly rate with no extra fees or expenses. Often, "cheaper" solutions end up being more expensive once all fees are added on. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you're interested in setting up a demo with your free trial so you can see each of the features that KORONA comes with. Our support and customer service team members are pretty great :)

Jenessa

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

May 2022

One stop shop for all your POS needs

My experience has been great! I started learning the system in October and had the hang of it shortly! It is super user friendly and intuitive! There are so many features I know as I continues to delve deeper into the software I will continue find features that make my job simpler

Pros

I love how easy it is to trouble shoot problems. Dealing with inventory the last thing I wanna deal with is incorrect stocks or reporting. The Customer Support team always answers even my hardest questions, and when the issue is to big or complicated for me to handle they will take care if it for me. That peace of mind is so important and beneficial!

Cons

The POS System is great! Occasionally I run into issue on the back end where a bar-code I'm adding gets replaced by an older one from the same product. It isn't a huge issue and I'm sure its a bug they will fix but sometimes it slows the process down.

Teresa

May 2022

Best decision I ever made

I feel the inventory is much better than my previous system.

Pros

I like the cloud part the best. I can do ordering when I am away from the store. I am a single owner/user of the system and I was in need of a new POS system due to my previous system was no longer going to be available and I searched out a lot of new POS and I found Korona to be very similar to my previous system. I just had to learn new verbage to understand what I wanted to do. My previous system it was hard to get ahold of anyone to help with any questions and the support staff at Korona has been outstanding! Any question they know what I need and it doesn't matter who I talk to. They all know what I need and explain it or fix my issue in no time. It was the best decision I ever made!

Cons

The hardest part for me is the reports. I know what I want to do but I have a hard time remembering where to get the reports because where I think they should be, they are in a different spot. there are a few things that are confusing but I just figure it out or call support.

Reasons for choosing KORONA

I felt Korona was the best fit and was similar to what I was used to . I had a time issue so I needed and similar product

Reasons for switching to KORONA

They stole money from me and I couldn't find them anymore. They just up and dissappeared.

Gregory

Really excellent POS system

Extremely positive. The software interfaces correctly and well with all of the equipment we need it to, the reporting is extensive, the inventory management works well, and the customer service is the best of any of our vendors.

Pros

How fully featured it is. There's nothing I've needed to do that Korona couldn't handle one way or another, which cannot be said for literally any other POS I've used in my career.

Cons

The user interface leaves a good bit to be desired. It's not unusable by any means, but it does feel as though the UI was designed by developers, not designers. Can be confusing and unintuitive at times.

Reasons for choosing KORONA

Natively supports everything we needed it to.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks, Greg! Let us know about any specific features that seem a bit clunky. We're always trying to make the product as seamless as we can.

Stephen

Korona POS for Liquor Store

Overall a great product for retail POS system. Integrates with my credit card machine so cuts down on the potential for human error. End of Day reporting is excellent. Employee time clock is great as well.

Pros

Value for the money is excellent and the customer service is the best I have experienced.

Cons

No ID scanning and no "Legal Birthdate" that shows on the POS screen.

Reasons for choosing KORONA

Cost and cloud based so I could use my own hardware

Response from COMBASE

Thank you, Stephen! Hopefully, we'll have those extra widgets for your dashboard sometime soon.

Kevin

Industry: Wholesale

KORONA is a very potential POS system for the future!

Pros

I have been learning KORONA as my company is planning to move to this POS system. KORONA as first does not seem like a matching POS system for my wholesale company. However, the more I learn to use it, and with the help of awesome customer support, the more I believe this POS system could be a very good fit to many type of business out there. So I love the most about this software is the 24/7 customer service and reporting function that are very easy to use.

Cons

What I don't like is not too big of an issue. It was just the terminology that KORONA used that are not too popular compare to other POS system out there. If KORONA consider to add a function where we can customize the terminology across this system, KORONA will be on fire!!

Reasons for switching to KORONA

We have not exactly made the switch yet, but we already are monthly membership with KORONA and soon we will be moving officially to KORONA POS system.

Response from COMBASE

Hey Kevin! Happy to have you with us at KORONA. And thanks for leaving us such a kind review so soon. We'll be here for anything you need during your transition and for the duration of your subscription :)

Replied June 2020

Aaron

April 2022

Left Square and went to Korona, now my business can grow as big as I can dream!

Love it! Still learning all the great things it has for me to make my job easier.

Pros

Not connected to a processor company. So I won't need to integrate into another POS system ever again. While taking advantage of any new processing company that can offer a better rate. I get a real person to talk to in less than a minute every time I call with a question. No Contract, month to month. Can't lose to try.

Cons

It does so much that there is a little learning curve if this is your first professional business software. No issues learning though.

Reasons for switching to KORONA

Inventory management. Professional growth. Analytics.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks, Aaron! Please continue to reach out to our support team any time you have questions.

Cassidy

Industry: Food Production

October 2022

KORONA POS has been nothing short of amazing!

My experience with KORONA has been great so far. The software is capable of working with our complicated industry, and the support team has been extremely helpful.

Pros

My favorite part of this software is that it is easy to use and it is capable of almost anything.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that the support team is located on the opposite side of the country, but that's not their fault!

Reasons for choosing KORONA

Best functionality for the seafood industry, best cost

Reasons for switching to KORONA

Our previous software was ending service

Randy

November 2022

Buy Korona

My experience has been very positive. Their technical support is superior.

Pros

Ease of use. Super intuitive. The online manuals are very helpful.

Cons

I don’t know of any other applications that I require. In fact, there are many parts of the software that I don’t use and this is the only software service I use. It is complete.

Reasons for choosing KORONA

Ease of use (I demonstrated three) and price.

Manuel

October 2022

Korona

Hace el dia a dia y el trabajo mucho mas facil gracias a su buena operativa

Pros

Su gestion de productos, pedidos e inventario lo recomiendo

Cons

Ninguna objecion me ha gustado todo de este producto

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Never easy making changes/ but Korona was relatively painlessly

Fairly straightforward POS system that is evolving

Pros

Outstanding customer phone suppprt. Our account rep(s) are over the top attentive and eager to trouble shoot at any hour -this is always very reassuring

Cons

Still not every thing we need and difficulties expressing our needs. Updates often times remove functionality that is worthwhile and it's difficult to convey the importance of not losing functionality. The time difference has also caused some issues on pressing issues -and updates are not tested on all platforms and to the extent that I feel they should be.

Response from COMBASE

Thank you very much for your review! We try to make KORONA better with every update and are very sorry that some updates had the opposite effect for you. We will address this with the product team and do our best to not have updates affect any customers negatively in the future.

Replied June 2018

Ken

Quite useful

All the information is so handy to use once it’s set up

Pros

All the information I need regarding the running of my store is right here

Cons

Set up takes hours so many things needed to get it going

Reasons for choosing KORONA

Looking for better service from company we needed

Reasons for switching to KORONA

To get better service that we needed

Response from COMBASE

Hey Ken, thanks for the kind review! We're happy to hear it's been a great solution for your business. We know KORONA's extensive features can take time to learn, so we're always here for initial training as well as any other questions that you have down the road. Give us a call anytime if you have any questions!

mubedi

As a POS it offers great value for the money. i have used it for 4 years.

Day to day management and business intelligence

Pros

Support is outstanding. They keep adding features. It is easy to use. The back office has a lot of tools to help understand the business and customizing the UI is fairly simple.

Cons

Rental inventory management is immature. Forces me to deal with 2 platforms which is unfortunate. Some of the queries are a bit weak in my opinion. I sometimes want to do AND operations to find products and it will do OR instead. Not as useful as it could be.

Response from COMBASE

Thank you for your review. We will address your concerns and suggestions with the product team.

Replied June 2018

Ryan

Great Pos system for the money

Pros

Great value for the money, the support team is great and easy to work with. The overall layout of the software can be customized to benefit different business. We would recommend korona.

Cons

Gift card ability and ability to put returns on gift cards

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We'll reach out to you shortly about any issues with gift cards that you might be having.

Ray