All KORONA POS Reviews

Oniqueh

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Great POS and Support Team

We transitioned multiple software solutions looking to find something that would fully integrate while also helping us dig deeper into our sales data and manage our inventory more closely. Korona has provided solutions for all of those things and made it so much easier to manage our business uniformly across all three tasting room locations as well as managing our Wine Club and online store. Of all the software solutions we transitioned to this year, Korona greatly exceeded the customer service of all others. While other solutions were hard to get in contact with (especially with a real person), Korona was always easy to reach, extremely personable, knowledgeable, and quick to help.

PROS

The reporting you are able to do in Korona is amazing. It helps us make decisions about store hours, staffing, products to re-order, etc. much easier. We liked being able to customize the buttons in a way that made the most sense for our business and staff. It is much easier to train new staff members on Korona compared to our previous POS software, which is great! Our favorite part of the software would be the Support and even Sales team though, they made the transition so easy and continue to promptly assist us with any issue or concern that arises. They work with us to ensure we are happy with the way things are operating and are just AMAZING overall!

CONS

We have struggled with getting the Quickbooks integration to work correctly for us. We also purchased a tablet from them that is extremely slow and frustrating to use the software on.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

The pricing and features available from Korona was better than the others we had previewed. Plus the ability to adjust the quantity of POSs we have active seasonally to fit our business needs.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Oniqueh. We're proud of our customer service, so that's really nice to hear :) Call us with questions anytime!

Replied July 2019

Kristen

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Best business decision!

I had such an antiquated system before, implementing Korona has been a huge game changer for my overall profitability. Implementation was seamless and painless! The support staff is great and always ready to help. Had I known it would be this easy, I would have made the switch sooner!

PROS

Korona makes it so easy to manage my business remotely. I can easily update pricing, enter stock receipts and view all my sales data from the website. All the POS features are customizable based on your business and the reporting is pretty endless.

CONS

My only "want" at this point is more features available from the mobile version of the back office.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

I ran a custom software development company for 12 years prior and the second I set up a demo account, I knew the interface would meet my high expectations. My account executive got right to the point and answered all my questions. There was no "selling" me, which I loved. The software did that already, working with a team like Korona is exactly what I was looking for!

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

Running reports and accessing the data I need to make business decisions was a nightmare. The software was not web-based and does not run on a Mac computer. Working in that system was so time consuming.

Thanks, Kristen! We're always working on improving the product and service, and the mobile side of the back office will have new features soon. We'll keep ya posted!

Steven

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

KORONA Review

PROS

Software was good and features designed

CONS

Cost to much should have cheaper price for people

Hi Steven, thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that you liked our product, but sorry to hear that it wasn't in your price range. We strive to provide reasonable prices for each of our POS software solutions. KORONA's software-as-a-service always comes as a flat monthly rate with no extra fees or expenses. Often, "cheaper" solutions end up being more expensive once all fees are added on. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you're interested in setting up a demo with your free trial so you can see each of the features that KORONA comes with. Our support and customer service team members are pretty great :)

Replied August 2019

TARIK

Reviewed December 2023

Look no further!

Excellent, Exceptional. If they dont have the answer they will find it and call you back

PROS

Customer service!! What a crew of patience and knowledge. Their customer service second to none. The system itself is also FANTASTIC.

CONS

I would like to have a tab or folder for my favorite reports on the back end. It has so many options for reports there are a few that i would like to customize and save in this folder or tab, so i dont have to search for the report tabs i like to use.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

Their patience and time spent to explain everything.

Gregory

Retail, 11-50 employees

Really excellent POS system

Extremely positive. The software interfaces correctly and well with all of the equipment we need it to, the reporting is extensive, the inventory management works well, and the customer service is the best of any of our vendors.

PROS

How fully featured it is. There's nothing I've needed to do that Korona couldn't handle one way or another, which cannot be said for literally any other POS I've used in my career.

CONS

The user interface leaves a good bit to be desired. It's not unusable by any means, but it does feel as though the UI was designed by developers, not designers. Can be confusing and unintuitive at times.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

Natively supports everything we needed it to.

Thanks, Greg! Let us know about any specific features that seem a bit clunky. We're always trying to make the product as seamless as we can.

Stephen

Wine and Spirits, 2-10 employees

Korona POS for Liquor Store

Overall a great product for retail POS system. Integrates with my credit card machine so cuts down on the potential for human error. End of Day reporting is excellent. Employee time clock is great as well.

PROS

Value for the money is excellent and the customer service is the best I have experienced.

CONS

No ID scanning and no "Legal Birthdate" that shows on the POS screen.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

Cost and cloud based so I could use my own hardware

Thank you, Stephen! Hopefully, we'll have those extra widgets for your dashboard sometime soon.

Richard

Reviewed March 2023

The best support

PROS

Integration was relatively easy. Tech support is outstanding. It is so feature-rich and customizable.

CONS

It is so feature-rich, that it can be hard to figure out how to implement some of the features.

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

Terrible customer service at Vend. Couldn't talk to a human.

Darlene

Reviewed March 2023

Able to customize software to our business

Customer service is fantastic. If we have any problems with customization, they are on it and we are able to utilize it immediately.

PROS

This software makes inventory management, pricing, reporting and customer payments so much easier than competitors. We have a small business (2-4 employees) and we feel like we have the latest and greatest software available!

CONS

We have not utilized all the features yet, so not able to see anything yet.

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

SpotOn was a lousy product, reporting was bad and many features we needed were not available. Customer service was awful.

Kevin

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2020

KORONA is a very potential POS system for the future!

PROS

I have been learning KORONA as my company is planning to move to this POS system. KORONA as first does not seem like a matching POS system for my wholesale company. However, the more I learn to use it, and with the help of awesome customer support, the more I believe this POS system could be a very good fit to many type of business out there. So I love the most about this software is the 24/7 customer service and reporting function that are very easy to use.

CONS

What I don't like is not too big of an issue. It was just the terminology that KORONA used that are not too popular compare to other POS system out there. If KORONA consider to add a function where we can customize the terminology across this system, KORONA will be on fire!!

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

We have not exactly made the switch yet, but we already are monthly membership with KORONA and soon we will be moving officially to KORONA POS system.

Hey Kevin! Happy to have you with us at KORONA. And thanks for leaving us such a kind review so soon. We'll be here for anything you need during your transition and for the duration of your subscription :)

Replied June 2020

Samantha

Reviewed November 2023

Korona POS for Our Small Business

Overall Korona has been easy to use and as a small business their customer service has allowed for us to do most everything we want as far as a POS goes.

PROS

Our store has been using Korona POS and it has made running our buisness easier. The system allows for us to enter and remove things from inventory easily and frequently. When we have hiccups we are able to reach their customer service who is responsive and quick with answers. The instilation was not too difficult to complete. Our employees use the system every day and have very little trouble using it.

CONS

The back end of the system is not as accesable for general users. You need a higher lever of technology skill set to work the back end of the system, which we run into issues with when people are not used to or have not been directly taught how to run the system. Another thing that would be nice is creating a program where you can update your equipment i.e. the computer/physical POS. It would be nice if there was a way to return old equipment to update to new equipment without having to pay outright for the new stuff.

Eleanor

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

A solid value for the money, with great support

A very solid system - and reasonably priced when compared with the other options out there.

PROS

We started from scratch with KORONA POS, having never used a POS system of any kind before. The setup process was pretty seamless - and the training was relatively straightforward. What really makes this POS stand out is the tech support - the team is lightning fast, super responsive, and very patient! I've never had a problem that wasn't solved that same day - sometimes within 30 minutes.

CONS

It would be great to be able to customize reports - though the system comes preloaded with lots of options, I'd love to tweak the parameters or at least rename a few of them for easier use.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

Value, features, and live tech support.

Wine and Spirits, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Never easy making changes/ but Korona was relatively painlessly

Fairly straightforward POS system that is evolving

PROS

Outstanding customer phone suppprt. Our account rep(s) are over the top attentive and eager to trouble shoot at any hour -this is always very reassuring

CONS

Still not every thing we need and difficulties expressing our needs. Updates often times remove functionality that is worthwhile and it's difficult to convey the importance of not losing functionality. The time difference has also caused some issues on pressing issues -and updates are not tested on all platforms and to the extent that I feel they should be.

Thank you very much for your review! We try to make KORONA better with every update and are very sorry that some updates had the opposite effect for you. We will address this with the product team and do our best to not have updates affect any customers negatively in the future.

Replied June 2018

Teresa

Reviewed May 2022

Best decision I ever made

I feel the inventory is much better than my previous system.

PROS

I like the cloud part the best. I can do ordering when I am away from the store. I am a single owner/user of the system and I was in need of a new POS system due to my previous system was no longer going to be available and I searched out a lot of new POS and I found Korona to be very similar to my previous system. I just had to learn new verbage to understand what I wanted to do. My previous system it was hard to get ahold of anyone to help with any questions and the support staff at Korona has been outstanding! Any question they know what I need and it doesn't matter who I talk to. They all know what I need and explain it or fix my issue in no time. It was the best decision I ever made!

CONS

The hardest part for me is the reports. I know what I want to do but I have a hard time remembering where to get the reports because where I think they should be, they are in a different spot. there are a few things that are confusing but I just figure it out or call support.

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

I felt Korona was the best fit and was similar to what I was used to . I had a time issue so I needed and similar product

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

They stole money from me and I couldn't find them anymore. They just up and dissappeared.

Ken

Wine and Spirits, 2-10 employees

Quite useful

All the information is so handy to use once it’s set up

PROS

All the information I need regarding the running of my store is right here

CONS

Set up takes hours so many things needed to get it going

Reason for choosing KORONA POS

Looking for better service from company we needed

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

To get better service that we needed

Hey Ken, thanks for the kind review! We're happy to hear it's been a great solution for your business. We know KORONA's extensive features can take time to learn, so we're always here for initial training as well as any other questions that you have down the road. Give us a call anytime if you have any questions!

Replied August 2019

Jenessa

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

One stop shop for all your POS needs

My experience has been great! I started learning the system in October and had the hang of it shortly! It is super user friendly and intuitive! There are so many features I know as I continues to delve deeper into the software I will continue find features that make my job simpler

PROS

I love how easy it is to trouble shoot problems. Dealing with inventory the last thing I wanna deal with is incorrect stocks or reporting. The Customer Support team always answers even my hardest questions, and when the issue is to big or complicated for me to handle they will take care if it for me. That peace of mind is so important and beneficial!

CONS

The POS System is great! Occasionally I run into issue on the back end where a bar-code I'm adding gets replaced by an older one from the same product. It isn't a huge issue and I'm sure its a bug they will fix but sometimes it slows the process down.

Jaylene

Tobacco, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Korona POS review

It has been a positive experience for the company. I love that they are always trying to improve things as well.

PROS

The ease of use is amazing! They also have a great staff to help with problems or needs! And they are quick to respond. I can do most anything I need from the pos.

CONS

The initial training would have been better in person, instead of over the phone.

Reasons for switching to KORONA POS

The system we were using didn't have very good inventory mgmt. And was not fulfilling the needs of the business.

mubedi