DrChrono’s iPad and iPhone compatible EHR and medical billing platform allows users to manage patient intake, clinical charting, billing, and revenue cycle management. It includes customizable medical forms, e-prescribing, scheduling tools, real-time patient eligibility checks, and a patient portal. The DrChrono App Directory also offers a multitude of apps and a medical API for healthcare app developers.

The DrChrono EHR offers fully customizable forms or prebuilt forms. Any prescription, including Electronic Prescribing Controlled Substances, can be sent electronically on iPhone, iPad, or the Internet. Lab orders can be submitted electronically to over 40,000 labs around the United States; results can then be directly uploaded into the patient’s chart. Custom vitals give providers the ability to create baseline health data and monitor each patient’s health measurements over time.

Providers can use Free Draw function to annotate on diagrams, x-rays or other files; they can also use the iPad's built-in cameras to take pictures and embed them in the patient's record. The system comes pre-populated with billing codes and is integrated with Box, a HIPAA-compliant cloud storage system.

374 Reviews of DrChrono EHR

4.21 / 5 stars

Filters:

Zubjn from Zubin Jiwani OD

Worst decision ever

do not fall for it. Their sales rep will promise you freebies over the phone ( non- recorded line) and then will change on a recorded conversation after you sign the contract. They take months to setup your software and if you ask for refund they wont even refund you the money, so you will be basically stuck with bad service and bad product. That is their way of fooling people and getting their money. Their product is also worthless but they won’t let you try it unless you pay them.

Pros

Bad product, bad service, bad people to deal with. Do not fall for it. Their sales rep will promise you something else and they will give you something else.

Cons

Bad product, pathetic service, false marketing/ advertising. Do not fall for it. Their sales people will promise you to give you a lot of add ones but in reality you will feel like you are buying candies from them as you will have to pay for even customer service later.

DrChrono Software

Overall, it has greatly improved the way I run my practice and I don't even use all of the options.

Pros

The billing software is easy to use and has made in house billing much easier. Once you have your macros and templates setup they are very user friendly on iPad.

Cons

There are some slow times.
Customer support is not available by phone, but they do get back to you promptly.

Drchrono

Pros

It is very easy to learn and function. Submitting claims is very easy.

Cons

Voice dictation is not reliable or accurate. More expensive than other Emr systems. The only way to contact customer service is via email.

using dr chrono

very positive and they were very generous

Pros

very straight forward and comprehensivetrai

Cons

nothing at all not to like, great customer support

Annie from Psych Office Solutions

3 of 5

Used to be better, now has many frustrating glitches

Works for some things, but other things make you want to pull your hair out.

Pros

Works well for scheduling and charting, and easy to export and send all notes for a patient. Flags work well, and using the credit card system is easy.

Cons

They keep updating the software, and it often causes glitches. When we send in help tickets, they just say they're working on it, but nothing seems to happen. Eventually they say it's fixed, but then it does the same thing again. When we first started using this software, help services were in the US, but now all tech support seems to be in India, and is not helpful.

Response from The DrChrono Team of DrChrono

Replied January 2019

Hi Annie, Thank you for your feedback. I have connected with your account manager and it appears that she has been working with you and your practice to resolve the issues you were experiencing. I have also looked into support and found 1 support ticket currently being addressed and the rest have been resolved. Please feel free to file any additional support tickets if needed, and our team will prioritize for you. Thank you for being a value DrChrono customer and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Best, The DrChrono Team

Not worth the price tag

We ended up moving off this system and even that was a difficult process and still not finished. They are trying to hold our patient info hostage and charge us for access to it. We just want them to export our info and they won't. We called them today and told them if they don't give us access our attorney is getting involved and they will be reported for a HIPPA violation.

Pros

Had a ton of functions and as a chiropractor we ran into way too many options built for a medical practice. It made it to clustered and too many choices to sift through to find what you need.

Cons

It was clunky and hard to use and train new staff on

Response from drchrono of DrChrono

Replied December 2018

Hi, Thank you for reaching out. We do offer the option of exporting your data for free into Box and have provided instructions for you to follow. In addition, we also offer a read-only option that is available after the termination of your contract. I see that our team is in touch and working with you. For any additional questions, please let your account manager know. Best, The DrChrono Team

Cynthia from Tru Health Medicine

Worst Customer Service I've ever experienced

They do a great job selling the product and making promises but when it comes down to helping make it work well in the clinic setting, they are less than helpful. Rep was actually confrontational with the staff.

Pros

I wish I could write something that I liked but it was implemented very poorly and we opted to not spend more money on all of the additional things that would make it work well.

Cons

Extremely expensive for what you get. Everything is an add on with extra expense. Customer service is beyond terrible. Contract is very deceptive. You have to pay for doctors for an entire year even if they no longer work in your clinic.

Response from The DrChrono Team of DrChrono

Replied December 2018

Hi Cynthia, We’re sad to see you go and wish you the best of luck. We had tried multiple times to schedule account reviews with you for additional training and to answer any questions, however, we were not able to get in touch with you. Your annual contract also reflects the number of providers at the time of signing up and can not be modified until the renewal time. Best, The DrChrono Team

ann marie from synergy medical

3 of 5

Took a long tome to get setup and functional

Request for new features, like mass billing write offs are responded to with no.

Pros

Although no one feature is outstanding, I'd have to say the EHR. We have essentially created all our own charts based upon the multiple specialists we employ.

Cons

Customer support. On line chat is useless. Requests for support through tickets take a while. Language barrier?

Brenda from Sea Spine Orthopedic Institute

Drchrono listens

Pros

I demoed this system several times making suggestions every time. I was surprised to find they took those suggestions and implemented them

Cons

There are too many jumps in and out of tabs to complete a task. It is workable but could use some tweaking

Jacob from Jacob M Silverstone DPM INC

5 of 5

Been with them since the begining

Pros

Easy for front desk to schedule, and enter new patients. Very easy to customize templates for notes. Native APP.

Cons

Back end billing is not adequate for south florida managed care networks, can notintegrate well for billing

Kathleen from Chiropractic Professional Center

drchrono Review

Pros

Simplicity. Performs the tasks available well. More cost effective base. Fewer distractions built into system.

Cons

This product did not provide all the tasks required to sustain the practice systems. Would have required additional systems to make up for pieces missing.

Amy from Solutions Alternative Healthcare

The most comprehensive EHR I found

Overall I’m a satisfied customer. I’ve been with DrChrono for 5 years now I believe.

Pros

I like the integrated fax, iPad or iPhone app for SOAP notes (I often do SOAP notes while my husband drives us home)

Cons

The price can be steep for some budgets. The online scheduling is limited - I’ve had to resort to using an additional service for this. The customer service can also be slow. You have to send a “ticket” and then someone gets back to you within a day or two.

RENE from ACCESS PRIMARY CARE/ ACCESS URGENT MEDICAL CARE

Excellent EMR

Best EMR system I have used as of yet. Hoping the HELP DESK is more HELPFUL if needed in the future.

Pros

Ease of use is a big pro. Minimal computer knowledge needed to be able to move through the system. Billing claims with Dr. Chrono is a great added benefit. Connect directly through the internet saving time.

Cons

Inability to merge duplicate accounts. For some reason certain staff find it difficult to not create duplicate charts. Help can be difficult to obtain at times, I called about an issue and was told they can't help me, not their issue. When it comes to pulling my claims out of their system, you can bet it was their issue.

Matthew from West Portland Chiropractic

4 of 5

Great clinical software and customer service!!!

Pros

DrChrono has freed up time for me to treat more patients in my clinic and get some of my free time back.

Cons

Wish scheduling software had more features like Genbook scheduling software and onpatient portal was a little more user friendly. I have had some patients have difficulty setting it up and paying online through the onpatient portal. Sometimes when patients call about an invoice they have received they do not speak with someone very knowledgeable and somewhat of a language barrier.

Michelle from Hunter Vision

Great EHR

Pros

It's so easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. Almost any feature is self-explanatory and easy to teach yourself.

Cons

You have to save the name of new patients before going to another screen to get their phone and email. If you don't save it (and it takes you back to the appointment when you do, so it's more time-consuming) you have to start over after gathering the information from the other page.

Joi from transcription

4 of 5

This product msde a difference

all-in-one solution doesn't fit our needs.

Pros

Macros are the way to go to reduce tedious data entry. I like being able to access them on a variety of devices. The doctors I work for stress the importance of focusing on the patient, not the EHR, during appointments,

Cons

Custom forms were expensive. Apple dependence is a drawback.

Monica from Acupuncture with Monica

Clunky to use

Pros

I didn't find this product easy to use at all. The customization was not available that allowed me to setup a format I felt comfortable with.

Cons

The customer support was very pushy and always wanted to sell me an upgrade that I didn't neccesarily need.

Response from The DrChrono Team of DrChrono

Replied November 2018

Hi Monica, I see that you are currently using our free trial account which does not provide full access to all the features and functionalities including the customization you are looking for. We pride ourselves on providing a flexible and user-friendly interface, self check-in, patient portal, and online scheduling as well as innovative full feature EHR on iPad and iPhone. With a paid subscription, you will have access to these options and to a dedicated account manager who can help answer any product questions and provide any training needed. Please let us know if you'd like to see a product demonstration and upgrade to a paid plan. You can email us at ehr@drchrono.com. Best, The DrChrono Team

Paula from Potthoff Eye Care & Surgery

DrChrono10-30-18!

I would highly recommend DrChrono to anyone looking for a user friendly, well optioned EHR with great customer support!

Pros

I love how easily I can navigate around DrChrono! There are several ways to easily get to almost any area of a patient's chart. Whether I am in a billing section or chart section I can move to where I need to be without any issue. I also especially like the insurance eligibility feature. It is absolutely wonderful to be able to plug in the insurance identification # and have the most recent deductible, copay and coinsurance information readily available! There is also a very handy feature called "practice chat" to message the doctor while he is in with a patient if I have an urgent question or request.

Cons

I do wish there was a bit more definition in the schedule so I can see the time frames for appointments better but it's really just a small item. I can still always click on line and if it's not what I wanted I can change the time myself in the appointment window.....no worries!

Linda from LINDA BUSEMAN, PMHNP, LLLC

The Best

They do a great job and keep up with adding new meds to their database.

Pros

Less expensive than any other I have found
Reliable
Great Customer Service
Intuitive menus
Drug interactions on the screen

Cons

This is minor, however, I have no control over the layout of printed scripts, including font size. Nor am I able to print different scripts on the same paper. I must give 3 separate scripts for ADHD medicine, and if I print all 3 on 1 page, the pharmacist calls to say the script is unreadable.

Response from The DrChrono Team of DrChrono

Replied October 2018

Hi Linda, Thank you for your feedback. I see that you are currently using our free trial account which does not provide full access to all features. Please let us know if you'd like to see the product demo and upgrade to a paid plan. You can email us at ehr@drchrono.com. Best, The DrChrono Team

Pamela from Flatiron Family Medical

2 of 5

Great potential but only useful if you have IT background

Pros

An Absolutely beautiful looking EMR and amazing with apple products. Love the patient check in feature. Just give to the patients when they walk in. Works seamlessly with square as a payment option. Easy on the eyes. Very easy to use once the modules are created. Quick to learn once set up.

Cons

You basically need to know IT to put it together - the modules. Nothing comes with it. It literally takes hours and hours and weeks and weeks to work on the modules. Very disconnected looking final note. Billing through trizetto was atrocious. It's a shame as this product has amazing potential to be a #1 software. Hard to reach anyone in charge - which seems to be the "new normal" for EMRs these days we've come to find out. Missing quite a bit of functionality for primary care.