About DrChrono

DrChrono’s iPad and iPhone compatible EHR and medical billing platform allows medical practices and healthcare providers to manage patient intake, patient care, clinical charting, billing and revenue cycle management. It includes customizable medical forms, e-prescribing, scheduling tools, real-time patient eligibility checks and a patient portal. The DrChrono App Directory also offers a multitude of apps and a medical API for healthcare app developers.

DrChrono's EHR (electronic health record) functionality offers fully customizable form templates or prebuilt forms to help users track patient information. Medical professionals can also add documentation or patient notes to a medical record in order to add context to a specific patient encounter. Any p...

Supported Operating System(s):

Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8

447 Reviews of DrChrono

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.06 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Showing 1 - 5 of 447 results

Dr Baden from Fit 4 Life Chiropractic

Save thousands in upfront expenses.

I saved thousands of dollars in upfront expenses from other EHR companies and then pay update fees every year.

Pros

They keep current payers at the monthly price they started at when tasing the priced for new customers. I have been with and using DrChrono for about 6 years now. They are always improving. It is a nice system that can be used multi-disciplinary. I am a chiropractor an I used it with a a medical Nurse Practitioner. What initially appealed to me is there was no multi thousand dollar up front software like a lot of other EHR companies want to charge you, along with yearly upgrade fees. None of that here so you start off saving thousands.

Cons

The Price keeps raising every year, for new accounts. Customer service sinks and there is no direct phone number to call to have the issue solved right away, you have to email them and wait for them to get back to you.

Dr John from San Francisco Non-Force Chiropractic/Bodywork/Massage

The ultimate software partner for your Mac computer office!

Patients save me time and charting by communicating through the onpatient portal. I can run reports and have an immediate idea of what symptoms and frequency my patients are presenting and develop educational materials that support those diagnosis. I stay on top of my day by way of daily schedule emailed to me every morning.

Pros

Seamless integration with my MacBook, iMac and iPhone. Fast, knowledgeable support. The unlimited ability to customize for my sole practitioner non-force chiropractic practice. Easy to understand video tutorials which answer most questions without having to contact support. Robust, integrated systems, such as the ability to provide credit card processing. Knowing that drchrono is a leader and partner with Apple Health.

Cons

I get frustrated when I am on a learning curve with a new part of the software. But that's my problem!

Reasons for Switching to DrChrono

Primarily because I am a long-time Apple device user and I was intrigued by the integration with drchrono. I was also interested with how drchrono is part of Apple Health and wanted to be part of that growth. Many of my patients have Apple devices and wanted to bring a more convenient, easy platform for them to engage.

Shikha from OptiMed Hospitalists PLLC

WORST SOFTWARE I'VE EVER USED

I am switching to eClinicalWorks because this software cost me a lot of money, headache, frustration, and time. I do not recommend it for groups with more than 5 PCPs.

Pros

It’s looks pretty, has pretty coloring, iPad application not too bad. Cheap. Meaning you get what you pay for.

Cons

Where do I start… first of all, this is the WORST software I’ve EVER used. 1) Two people cannot be in the same account. And if you are, ALL of your notes disappear into thin air. 2) The speech to text feature is useless 3) The reporting function is inoperable. It crashes if the report is too big. And you cannot customize it to your liking and you have to wait for it to be in the message center. 4) Their online support is A JOKE. They cannot help you 50% of the time from the start. 5) The whole platform constantly crashes without any warning and they leave you stranded without prior notice 6) They need to market to small PCP groups only, this software is not made for other specialties 7) Their onboarding training is a waste of time. Their trainers have no clue what the provider does on daily basis. 8) They only do API interphasing and they don’t do it themselves. You have to go through a 3rd party and pay tons of money for it. 9) Their template construction is too cumbersome. It actually takes you less time to free type rather than follow their note template 10) Everything is done based on appointments. So, you need to document outside of that, you cannot.

Response from Richard

Replied January 1970

Our sincerest apologies for the experience you have encountered with our platform and service. The drchrono EHR platform is indeed not made for inpatient facilities such as yours and is specialized for outpatient ambulatory practices. We appreciate your feedback and would like to let you know that our team has been actively working on improving and innovating our EMR software and service. We thank you for maintaining your standards for software and for having done a fantastic job in testing our platform to its limits as this is the same standard that we are striving to achieve. Your dedicated account manager has sent you a follow up email, but please feel free to also directly email the account management team at accountmanager@drchrono.com for any further assistance until you transition to the new EMR platform as this is always an available avenue for you.

Norman from Atara Health Solutions, Ltd

Industry: Mental Health Care

Product is "Good", Service is "Outstanding"

Dr C is excellent for our practice, easy to customize templates and support is always fast and effective.

Pros

Easy to implement, great support, ease of use

Cons

Some of the features don't really function as well as advertised

Reasons for Choosing DrChrono

I had experience with Dr C from a previous job and chose to stick with it

Response from DrChrono

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the kind words and helpful feedback!

Karolyn from JDE Medical

DrChrono Software Review

Positive.

Pros

The ease of use, the numerous videos that provided tutorials, the excellent support and customer service provided by DrChrono's team.

Cons

Have yet to build in telemedicine portal, for example doxy.me, into their platform. That's the only missing piece.

Reasons for Switching to DrChrono

Have used Epic for 10+ years and was looking for HIPPA compliant software for patient medical records that could be accessed easily by any device, used remotely by my team for patient care daily, accessed easily by my patients via patient portal, was easy to learn how to use with training support, and most importantly that provided excellent customer service. Their team also provides billing services if needed. Easy to use during telemedicine visits. Have enjoyed all the reports it can generate as well.

Response from DrChrono

Replied January 2020

We are glad to hear that you enjoy our platform Karolyn!