Showing 1-20 of 22 products
MoeGo is a cloud-based pet grooming solution designed to help pet salons and groomers handle client appointments, communications and service agreements on a centralized dashboard. It provides a scheduling assistant, which lets businesses... Read more
Pawfinity is a cloud-based pet grooming solution designed to help pet salons, kennels, dog daycare and retail pet stores organize client and pet data, schedule appointments, and process payments. The integrated point of sale (POS)... Read more
DoTimely is a cloud-based appointment scheduling application designed to help pet grooming, dog walking, plumbing, HVAC and roofing professionals manage online bookings, payment processing, customer details and more on a unified platform.... Read more
Kennel Connection is a pet care facility management software that enables pet groomers, daycare centers, pet boarding and training institutes to handle various administrative operations, such as client management, appointment scheduling... Read more
Groomsoft is a cloud-based software designed to help pet grooming businesses manage operations related to bookings, reservations, payments, billing and more. The platform enables organizations to create recurring appointments and block... Read more
Savvy Pet Spa is a cloud-based software designed to help pet grooming salons manage various administrative operations, such as appointment scheduling, online booking and more. Professionals can store customers' information in the database... Read more
Salonist is a cloud-based pet grooming solution that helps grooming salon owners manage day-to-day business operations. Key features offered by Salonist include staff management, appointment scheduling and client records management. The... Read more
GroomPro POS is a pet grooming solution that helps businesses manage bookings, generate invoices, track customer history and create revenue projections, among other processes. The appointment management module provides a built-in calendar,... Read more
ShakeYourTail is a cloud-based dog grooming solution designed to help salons and businesses streamline processes related to appointment scheduling, document management, online booking and more. Professionals can maintain a record of... Read more
kennelplus is a cloud-based solution designed to help pet clinics create custom dog training programs, generate invoices and process payments on a unified platform. The integrated pet grooming system enables organizations to schedule... Read more
PawsAdmin is a cloud-based pet management solution designed to help businesses streamline processes related to invoicing, marketing, point-of-sale, online booking, employee scheduling and more. Professionals can track purchase and... Read more
The Groomer's Write Hand is an on-premise solution designed to help pet grooming businesses book recurring appointments on a weekly, monthly or daily basis, send email reminders to owners and maintain pet profiles. Features include... Read more
Petbeing is a cloud-based online booking and business management software designed to help the pet service industry manage prices, clients, records, booking history, staff and more. The platform lets businesses run online offers and... Read more
Petschedule.com is a cloud-based pet grooming solution, which helps facilities onboard new customers and schedule appointments via a monthly or weekly calendar view. Features include data export, customer details, invoice printing,... Read more
Avalon is an on-premise solution that helps dogs and pet grooming salons manage bookings, payments, inventories, commission rates and more. The search functionality enables users to browse through client or appointment details by customer's... Read more
Barkley HQ is a cloud-based pet grooming solution designed to help businesses handle online bookings, clients, marketing and payments. With an integrated customer relationship management (CRM) system, pet grooming professionals can... Read more
Easy Busy Pets is a business management solution for pet groomers, dog walkers, kennels, pet training centers, and other pet care related businesses. The platform offers features for managing clients, invoices, leads, memberships,... Read more
Envision Paws is a cloud-based pet grooming solution designed to help businesses streamline processes related to appointment scheduling, online booking, inventory management, customer communications and more. Professionals can gain... Read more
Groomy is a cloud-based pet grooming software designed to help small businesses manage appointments, client information, pet profiles and more on a centralized platform. Managers can send reminders to inform customers about upcoming... Read more
PetManager is a Windows-based pet salon management solution that helps businesses streamline operations related to appointment booking, inventory tracking, payment processing, staff management and more on a centralized platform. It... Read more
Pet grooming is a competitive industry. But you can make your pet grooming business stand out by offering exceptional customer service. Offering the best service to pet owners requires you to keep detailed records of clients and their pets so that your staff has every client’s unique needs on their fingertips.
To make the job easier for your staff, you can invest in pet grooming software. The system comes with capabilities that help automate various routine operations of a pet grooming salon and save the time to focus on more customer service.
But buying the right pet grooming software can be a time-consuming task, given there are hundreds of products on the market. This buyers guide will get you started on understanding the features and benefits of a pet grooming tool.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is pet grooming software?
- Common features of pet grooming software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of pet grooming software
- Key considerations when selecting pet grooming software
What is pet grooming software?
Pet grooming software helps pet grooming companies manage their clients (and their pets) and staff. The tool allows pet groomers to manage operations such as grooming appointments, calculating salaries and commission for staff, daily sales, and tracking inventory of pet grooming products and other consumables.
Common features of pet grooming software
Businesses should carefully evaluate the features of pet grooming software to avoid buying the wrong product. Below are some of the common features offered by most pet grooming tools.
|Appointment scheduling||Schedule grooming appointments and track them on a digital calendar. Set up recurring appointments and send alerts to clients, via email or SMS, reminding them of upcoming visits.|
|Client management||Create a centralized repository of client and pet information, including details such as pet owner contact info and pet profile notes (behavior, hair texture, skin conditions, etc.).|
|Inventory management||Monitor the stock of pet grooming materials and office consumables and understand future needs by analyzing reports.|
|Commission management||Automate the calculation of commission (per pet/per service) to your staff by entering rates in a built-in calculator.|
|Staff management||Access detailed reports on your staff’s performance (clocked hours, attendance, etc.) and manage their payroll.|
What type of buyer are you?
Below are descriptions of two buyer groups, which will help you make the right software choice.
- Small and midsize businesses: As the proprietor of a small or midsize pet grooming salon, you are likely to have fewer staff and clients to manage. For your business, a tool with the basic features (mentioned above) is sufficient. You might want to start with something more affordable, such as a cloud-based tool with low monthly subscription fee, and then think about investing in more expensive and sophisticated solutions.
- Large businesses: As a large pet business owner, you will have many clients and a large staff, alongside complex business requirements. You are likely to need more than just the common features and might want to explore tools with extra capabilities such as payment processing and a mobile app. You might also want the tool to offer integration with customer relationship management (CRM) software to ensure seamless data exchange for deeper client analysis.
Benefits of pet grooming software
Listed below are some of the most notable benefits of pet grooming software.
- Understand your customer needs: Pet grooming software allows you to create detailed records of your clients and their pets, which helps in understanding client preferences and pet issues closely. This information is stored in a centralized database that is easily accessible from multiple devices, allowing your staff to quickly read-up on a client before an appointment and serve them better. Further, you can use the data to segment customers into relevant categories to offer customized and specific services.
- Reduce administrative burden: Pet grooming software automates many of the manual tasks such as online booking of appointments, setting up automated appointment reminders, etc. Additionally, it frees you from time-consuming paperwork for managing the payroll and commissions for your staff.
Key considerations when selecting pet grooming software
Buying the right software for your business must be preceded by a careful analysis of your needs as a business. Below are two considerations to have in mind.
- Do you offer mobile grooming services? If you’re one of those pet professionals that offer services wherein your staff travels offering door-to-door service, then you need software that offers functions such as GPS tracking, payment processing, invoices handling, and job timers. You need to check whether your preferred vendor offers these functions built-in or via integration with other tools.
- Do you understand the total cost of the software? The cost of pet grooming software can differ on factors such as its deployment (cloud-based or on-premise) and additional charges. While the cost of deployment could be either monthly subscription or one-time licensing, there are various other charges a vendor might not mention in fine print; such charges could include priority phone support fee, data migration costs, software onboarding fee, etc. You need to clarify all of this with the vendor during the software demo.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and isn’t intended as an endorsement or a recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.