Showing 1-20 of 87 products
BambooHR is a cloud-based HR management software solution for small and midsize businesses. BambooHR offers small and growing companies a human resource information system (HRIS) that includes an applicant tracking system (ATS), time... Read more
Recent recommendations: 70 recommendations
Zira is a cloud-based employee scheduling and performance management system designed to automate complex team processes. Zira tools include a web-based manager and admin application that is ideal for creating and publishing schedules,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 69 recommendations
TimeClock Plus is a cloud-based workforce management solution designed to make the day-to-day of your organization more efficient. TimeClock Plus also offers dynamic scheduling and job costing features that can be configured to an... Read more
Recent recommendations: 56 recommendations
UKG Ready (formerly Kronos Workforce Ready) is a flexible and seamless HR solution that provides a connected people experience to easily manage the entire employee journey, from a single solution. Designed for flexibility and ease... Read more
Recent recommendations: 53 recommendations
Namely offers a cloud-based solution for companies seeking a single comprehensive system to manage their human capital. Namely helps midsize companies manage compliance and streamline everything payroll, benefits and talent management. Namely... Read more
Recent recommendations: 37 recommendations
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate UltiPro) is a powerful, global HCM solution. Transform your business with a truly connected global workforce experience delivered through resilient and mindful HR technology. From payroll, to talent, to service... Read more
Recent recommendations: 33 recommendations
PurelyHR is a cloud-based leave management solution for small to midsize businesses. The system’s core modules allow HR departments to track staff leave requests and approvals as well as manage diverse time off policies and hierarchies.... Read more
Recent recommendations: 32 recommendations
Sage People is a cloud-based human resources (HR) system that gives HR teams visibility of their global workforce and automates administrative tasks. Sage provides an enterprise-level HR offering designed for midsize, multinational... Read more
Recent recommendations: 12 recommendations
Mosaic HCM is a fully integrated, mobile-enabled, SaaS human resource and payroll solution that provides enterprise-level workforce management services and technology for mid to large-size employers. Mosiac's Workforce1 HCM platform,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 3 recommendations
Evolve HCM is a SaaS human resource and payroll solution for small to medium-sized cannabis employers. Our product is a fully integrated, fully mobile enabled, full suite human resources application which includes: Recruitment, Onboarding,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 2 recommendations
FoxHire is a technology-enabled Employer of Record (EOR) service designed for contract staffing and recruiting firms. FoxHire's HR services are all leveraged through a cloud-based portal, which allows recruiting and staffing firms... Read more
Recent recommendations: 1 recommendations
WorkAxle offers a revolutionary way for shift-based businesses to schedule, communicate, and manage time & attendance across multiple departments and locations. It lowers labor costs and reduces time spent scheduling by up to 90%.... Read more
Recent recommendations: 1 recommendations
Breeze 360 is a cloud-based employee time and attendance software system that manages employee time and/or attendance workflows for companies in all industries. Breeze 360 enables companies to automate time and attendance processes.... Read more
Recent recommendations: 74 recommendations
Sage HR is a cloud-based human resource management solution that integrates core features like 360 feedback, workforce management, performance appraisal, and attendance tracking. The Sage HR scheduling platform supports time-off policies... Read more
Recent recommendations: 4 recommendations
Deputy is a cloud-based human resource management (HRM) solution that caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals and provides them employee management and scheduling functionalities. Deputy's rostering application... Read more
With functionality for employee recordkeeping, PTO tracking, recruiting, and more, Built for Teams offers a web-based HR platform that is ideal for small to mid-sized companies in the U.S. Along with detailed digital records of all... Read more
Timetastic is a cloud-based planning platform that helps businesses of all sizes manage employee leave on a centralized platform. It provides personalized calendars to each employee, allowing them to view and plan leaves. Timetastic... Read more
Findmyshift is a cloud-based workforce scheduling solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to attendance tracking, payroll, time-off management and more. It comes with an application programming interface (API),... Read more
Calamari is a cloud-based human resources solution that offers two modules: leave management and clock in/out services. The software is suitable for small to midsize businesses in any industry and offers Android and iOS mobile apps. Users... Read more
busybusy is a time tracking application that helps construction businesses of all sizes monitor productivity, equipment, labours and more for contractors and employees. Employees can use the mobile application to clock-in/out, log... Read more
Employee absenteeism leads to delayed timelines, reduced productivity, and lower workplace morale, all of which directly impact an organization’s operations and effectiveness. Absence management software can help businesses deal with absenteeism by tracking employee attendance and identifying absenteeism trends.
There are several absence management software available on the market, and choosing one that’s the right fit for your business can be difficult. We’ve created this buyers guide to help you choose software that caters to your requirements.
In this buyers guide, we’ll cover:
- What is absence management software?
- Common features of absence management software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of absence management software
- Key considerations for choosing absence management software
What is absence management software?
Absence management software is software that allows companies to track and manage employee absences. It assists in identifying patterns in absenteeism so that employers can communicate with the concerned employees and, if needed, the human resources (HR) department to reduce absenteeism. Employers can also create monthly attendance and leave reports to identify and reward employees with good attendance records.
This type of software also offers a self-service portal for employees. Using the portal, employees can submit time-off requests as well as track their leave balance and approvals. This self-service functionality helps to reduce employer and administrator workload.
Common features of absence management software
When purchasing absence management software, it’s essential to choose features that meet your specific needs. Here are some of the common features offered by absence management software:
|Approval process control||Route absence requests to employee managers and control who can approve or deny requests.|
|Calendar management||Use a centralized calendar to track employees’ leave balance and approve absence requests as needed.|
|Employee scheduling||Create weekly and monthly rosters to schedule employee shifts and work hours.|
|Reporting||Generate reports for clock-in clock-out time, absence patterns, and assigned tasks.|
|FMLA tracking||Track employees’ work hours and receive alerts about compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) guidelines.|
What type of buyer are you?
Based on the number of employees to be managed, absence management software buyers can be divided into two broad categories: small businesses and midsize and large businesses. Let’s read more about both types.
- Small businesses (fewer than 200 employees): Small businesses have fewer employees and tend to use manual methods, such as spreadsheets and paper-based records, to track absenteeism. Manual processes can be time-consuming for HR personnel as well as employee managers. Also, a single error in records can lead to an FMLA violation. A standard software tool with a self-service portal, leave accrual and paid time off (PTO) tracking, and FMLA compliance management can help small businesses automate absence management processes and remain compliant.
- Midsize and large businesses (200 employees or more): Midsize and large businesses have more employees and are required to implement formal absence management programs. These companies also need insights into employee absenteeism trends to introduce changes in existing programs when necessary. In addition to the features mentioned for small businesses, large and midsize businesses should opt for software that can integrate with their current employee collaboration, project management, and payroll management applications as well as generate detailed attendance reports that highlight absenteeism trends.
Benefits of absence management software
Understanding the benefits of absence management software will help you decide if the software can help your business manage absenteeism better. Listed below are a few key benefits offered by the software.
- Lower administrative workload: Manually approving leave requests and tracking employee leave balance can be time-consuming for managers as well as HR administrators. Absence management software offers self-service portals that employees can use to submit leave requests. These requests are then routed to respective employee managers who can approve or reject them with a single click.
- Improved workflow management: Absence management software provides a centralized leave calendar that displays the planned time off for all members of a team. Accordingly, managers can ask members to prioritize pending tasks or shuffle the work queue to ensure deadlines aren’t missed and project timelines are maintained. Prior knowledge of upcoming leave also helps managers inform other employees if they need to fill in for a colleague who is on leave.
- Reduced absenteeism: Absence management software generates reports that help management identify absence trends and brainstorm on how to reduce absenteeism. Accordingly, measures to improve employee attendance, such as rewarding employees with good attendance records, can be introduced.
Key considerations for choosing absence management software
Now that you’ve read about the benefits and key features of absence management software, here are a few things you should consider while choosing software for your business.
- Integration with existing HR system: Absence management software tracks employee work hours, clock-in clock-out time, and attendance. These details are also required for payroll calculations and employee records. Therefore, it’s essential to choose software that integrates easily with your existing HR system to ensure seamless access to employee records and past data.
- FMLA compliance management: Employer leave policies must comply with FMLA regulations, and any violation can lead to heavy penalties and legal claims. Since these regulations vary with geography, tracking related compliance requirements can be cumbersome. Absence management software that monitors FMLA compliance and sends alerts about violations will help your business ensure compliance.
- Mobile applications: Mobile-ready absence management software allows employee managers to approve or reject leave requests in real time. It also allows employees to apply for emergency leaves from anywhere, at any time. With a mobile application, managers can monitor such requests on the go and plan tasks accordingly.
If you wish to further understand the features and benefits of absence management software, you may fill out this form for an obligation-free consultation. Our advisors will listen to your requirements and help you in shortlist the most suitable options for your business.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and isn’t intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.