Showing 1-20 of 20 products
Service Fusion is an all-in-one, cloud-based field service management software. It caters to service contractors and businesses of all sizes across multiple industries. Service Fusion offers field service management, VoIP phone solutions,... Read more
Jobber is a handyman solution that allows small and midsize businesses to manage field staff, schedule jobs, process invoices and collect payments on a unified platform. Key features include dispatching, expense tracking, billing,... Read more
FieldEdge by dESCO is a cloud-based field service management solution for home service contractors in fields including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and more. The field service software allows companies to manage business operations remotely... Read more
ServiceTitan for HVAC, plumbing and electrical home service businesses is a cloud-based field management platform that offers scheduling, dispatch, invoicing, sales, and more. The platform offers marketing ROI and conversion tracking... Read more
RepairShopr is a handyman software that helps businesses manage ticketing, invoicing, point of sale (POS), CRM and marketing operations. It is designed for computer repair shops, plumbing businesses, auto repair, watch repair, HVAC... Read more
simPRO is an operations management solution designed to help service technicians in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, gas, mechanical engineering and other industries handle maintenance activities, field operations and employees... Read more
DoTimely is a cloud-based appointment scheduling application designed to help pet grooming, dog walking, plumbing, HVAC and roofing professionals manage online bookings, payment processing, customer details and more on a unified platform.... Read more
FieldEZ is a hybrid field service management (FSM) solution that helps organizations manage their field operations through automated job scheduling and work order management. The solution can either be deployed on-premise or hosted... Read more
YourTradeBase is a cloud-based handyman solution designed to help businesses in the construction, plumbing, landscaping, cleaning, HVAC and other sectors streamline processes related to quoting, job scheduling, invoicing, payment processing,... Read more
The Service Program is a handyman solution designed to help businesses in the lawn care, HVAC, plumbing, construction, pest control, and other sectors streamline processes related to route management, equipment tracking, employee communication... Read more
WorkStraight is a handyman solution that helps facility managers, general contractors, office administrators, and property managers streamline operations related to work order creation, progress tracking, customer management, and more... Read more
ServiceBench Business Management System is a field service management solution designed to connect service providers with their field agents and customers. It offers integrated modules for job intake and distribution management, service... Read more
Service Assistant is a cloud-based solution designed to help service businesses such as lawn care, landscaping, carpet cleaning, HVAC or pest controllers manage field technicians, create estimates and maintain customer data on a centralized... Read more
vWork is a cloud-based job scheduling software designed to help midsize businesses streamline dispatching and field service operations. The application enables customers to automatically receive delivery updates via SMS/email and track... Read more
Fieldmagic is a field service management solution that helps businesses in construction, maintenance, pest control, plumbing and other industries manage billing, assets and service scheduling on a centralized platform. The job management... Read more
Trackerpal is a cloud-based field service management platform for businesses in a variety of industries. Key features include GPS tracking, route optimization, reporting and analytics, employee leave management, and custom workflows. The... Read more
Scheduling Suite is a handyman solution designed to help small businesses in the HVAC, plumbing, electricity, cleaning and other sectors streamline processes related to appointment scheduling, client management, online booking and... Read more
Odyssee Service is a cloud-based field service platform suitable for businesses of all sizes. It offers tools for communication between external service teams, field service planners and customer service representatives. Users can... Read more
eLogii is a cloud-based service dispatch solution that helps businesses in the HVAC, electrical, plumbing, waste collection and disposal, roadside repair and other industries streamline delivery planning, routing and execution processes.... Read more
GSGroup provides field service management tools, which helps craftsmen and service workers manage work orders, create offers and generate bills. Features include payroll, resource planning, reporting, remote access and material accounting. The... Read more
Repair and maintenance work is not for everyone. Fixing a broken sink, changing the door frame, installing drywall, or remodeling the basement take time, effort, and, most importantly, skill!
A handyman is someone trained to take care of such tasks. But it can be tedious finding a handyman with the right skillset and one that’s available on the desired budget. Similarly, it can get tedious for a handyman to find jobs on the market, share quotes, prepare invoices, and receive payments.
Handyman software helps tackle these challenges. It offers capabilities that help both handymen and their clients transact more efficiently.
In this buyers guide, we will take a closer look at handyman software, it’s features, benefits, and other essential details.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is handyman software?
- Common features of handyman software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of handyman software
- Key considerations for selecting handyman software
What is handyman software?
Handyman software is a tool that helps handymen and handyman businesses manage everyday operations with ease. It helps carry out daily activities such as managing work orders, sharing quotes and estimates, creating invoices, and processing payments.
It also serves as a bridge between handymen and their clients. Clients can use the tool to hire the services of handymen and handymen can use it to accept orders and track details.
Common features of handyman software
In this section, we’ll look at some common features of handyman software. These features will help you understand the basic capabilities a solution should ideally offer.
|Invoicing||Bill clients for each visit or send bulk invoices. Add materials and labor details, attach pictures, and get notified when clients view the invoice.|
|Quotes and estimates||Share quotes and estimates with clients and allow them to approve or reject quotes online. Automatically follow up with clients on outstanding quotes.|
|Work order management||Schedule jobs and create and share work orders with your team at the start of each workday or project.|
|Time tracking||Capture clock-in/clock-out time and track the time you or your handymen team spend on each job. This makes it easier to process invoices and payroll.|
|Payment processing||Get paid for completed jobs via payment gateways, digital wallets, credit cards, etc.|
|Electronic signature||Allow clients to e-sign approved quotes or invoices.|
What type of buyer are you?
There are two major types of buyers of handyman software.
- Independent handymen: Being a single-man workforce, juggling administrative tasks such as tracking job orders, invoices, or payments while getting each job done personally is often a challenge for independent handymen. The software takes on much of the administrative responsibilities by enabling automatic tracking of jobs, time taken, payments, invoices processing, etc. to allow independent handymen to concentrate more on the actual job.
- Handyman business (handyman service provider): Handyman businesses are basically into field service management. This burdens them with the classic two-fold responsibilities: optimizing a team of handymen to keep service requests evenly distributed while keeping clients satisfied with quick service delivery. Handyman software makes managing these responsibilities easier. Businesses can track both incoming service requests and the work hours and workload of handymen. They can also easily manage payments coming in from clients and going out to handymen.
Benefits of handyman software
The following benefits enlist the business functions that are positively impacted by the tool:
- Optimize business performance: The tool offers more visibility into operations, helps track time spent on each job, and monitor the payment status for delivered services. All this helps handymen and handyman businesses get a better understanding of the business’s performance and optimize it as needed.
- Reduce turnaround time: The tool helps reduce the turnaround time for tasks such as approving quotes, sharing invoices, and signing contracts. The gained efficiency helps optimize the overall process turnaround time.
Key considerations for selecting handyman software
As the last step to selecting a tool, keep a few additional factors in mind.
- Integration with accounting software: Accounting is a necessity in every business. Whether you are an independent handyman or a handyman service provider, you should go for a tool that integrates with accounting software (such as Xero or QuickBooks). This integration will allow you to document cash flow or expenses and monitor your finances without breaking a sweat.
- Mobile app: Make sure the software offers a mobile app as it makes tracking and viewing work orders easier. It also helps manage job scheduling, view detailed customer profiles, and track unpaid invoices, all while on the field.
Note: The applications selected in this article are examples to show a feature in context and are not intended as endorsements or recommendations. They have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.